[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there is something that feels bad when shooting down a troll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: the boy who was never afraid.jpg (168 KB, 640x648) Image search: [Google]
the boy who was never afraid.jpg
168 KB, 640x648
there is something that feels bad when shooting down a troll or a dragon with revolvers and rifles.

Which are some monsters that would look cool in a late XIX century america setting? I don't mind they're accurate mythically or not, but I'd like things that are fun to shoot at.

(I can't believe you we're gonna say Indians, anon. You're sick)
>>
>>43944149
Werewolves?
>>
Werewolves and vampires have been done. How about some kind of troll or bog monster for some musketmen to slog through the marshes to hunt.
>>
The forces of the Yankee government
>>
>>43944149
zombies
>>
>>43944149
I'm actually working on a western-fantasy setting.

you have witches from europe, african vodoo-stuff from african slaves, undead redcoats/conquisadores,Skinwalkers,Bigfoots...
>>
Displacer beasts and Blink dogs?
>>
>>43945853
>>43945880

That's Detroit irl.

>>43944149
How about some Moth man type of creature?
You might go with Indian folklore, Camazotz, Wendigos and all that jazz. Just google Native American Monsters.
>>
>>43944149
Skinwalkers.
>>
>>43944149
In New-Orlean
vodoo priest using zombies, shady entities, and friends on the other side.

Larger than normal alligator in the Bayou, with a skin so tick it is bulletproof, except for the anti-tank artillery. Bonus point if you are lost in a tiny boat with only one oar.

In the West

band of outlaw/corrupt sherif/the bad guy from Once upon a time in West. Hard mode : you have a bounty on your head
Nightmare mode : you are trying to get the treasure of a famous outlaw/gold digger before everyone else.

people have angered an ancestral indian spirit. Now, every buffles/rabbits/bears/wolverines/squirrels/birds are plotting to kill you, with more or less "accidental" way.

A dead gunslinger.

Any bad guy from a Lucky Luke.

In winter, in the North

Wendigo

gold digger running to the Klondike.

You shouldn't have pissed off that inoffensive-looking guy, he was in fact the local leader of the Klu Klux Klan. And now, he want you dead.
>>
File: more about banditos.jpg (1 MB, 1432x1128) Image search: [Google]
more about banditos.jpg
1 MB, 1432x1128
>>43944149
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.