[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good way to go about getting into the Warhammer 40,000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
What is a good way to go about getting into the Warhammer 40,000 universe? I'm unsure if I have the time or finances for model painting, but the lore interests me greatly, what little I've heard of it.
>>
The new rule book comes with a lore primer.

Codices are a good way of learning about each of the armies.

Imperial Armor is good if you want to read historicalesque military campaigns.

Black Library is good for stories.
>>
I just play the video games and read the wikia to be honest. Both are very entertaining to me.
>>
>>43941570
Yeah, wiki surfing was something I did in high school when I was first getting into 40k, since I had an office assistant period where I had nothing to do but sit on the available computer and skim the web, for the most part.

The novels are also a good place to start. Choices that seem to be the least controversial are:
>Gaunt's Ghosts
>Eisenhorn
>Ciaphas Cain
>Space Wolf
>Horus Heresy (first 5~ books, after that the series splits up; there are some guides that recommend which ones are good or part of their own miniseries)
>>
File: YHZCjm4.jpg (947 KB, 818x1532) Image search: [Google]
YHZCjm4.jpg
947 KB, 818x1532
>>43942027
Caaaaaaaaaaain,!!!!
>>
>>43942027
imma add some more

15 hours
enforcer
redemption corps
double fucking eagle
>>
>>43942061

...This picture makes me want to have a setting about the Borrowers or the Thimble People or some shit, except they have replaced normal humans, and it's WW1 or WW2.

The scale, holy shit.

a standard No Man's Land from WW1 would either be the sum total of a couple meters, or the same size and comparatively so much larger.
>>
>>43943913

All the while they would be plagued by giant megafauna and standard-sized insects devouring their great cities during a hot season.

Fucking rural towns would have giant walls and AA guns, standard, possibly armored vehicles.
>>
File: image.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
Bump.
>>
File: screenshot2.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
>>43941194
I recommend the Dawn of War series.
>>
>>43941194
Who made that and where can I get it?
>>
>>43941194
I got into it when I read the Ciaphas Cain novels, which I hugely recommend by the way. Before that I knew only very little about it but somehow they just kind of... opened the door for me.
>>
>>43941194
Dawn of War.
>>
>>43941194

>>43942027 is a good start. I would add Ravenor and Double Eagle.
>>
>>43941194
Play dawn of war dark crusade/soulstorm->pick a race and play the campaign->check out the lexicanum (website)/the codex of your race (probably on torrent sites).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.