[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HHG/ - Horus Heresy General - What's Coming Out This Friday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

HHG RULES - https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS

Remember to be cool to each other. Ignore shitposters.

So what do you think is coming out this week?
>>
>>43939801
Yep, that looks like something I'd expect to have seen in the 80's art. What is it?
>>
>>43939824
It's a Ordinatus, basically the biggest gun the Admech can field.

Compared to the original epic versions it's actually super small.
>>
>>43939877
I was gonna guess a lifta-droppa
>>
>>43939824
That's an Ordinatus-Minoris Macro Engine Ulator.
It's a Super-Heavy Vehicle from the Taghmata Omnissiah, if you couldn't tell by the insane super-tech naming formula.
>>
>>43939877
It's actually an Ordinatus-Minoris. There are bigger versions out there.
>>
>>43939801
I have too much shit to build already, but I know Corax and Dark furies should be coming soon.

i still have 2 rapiers and 44 marines, and that's not counting a BaC box i intend to pick up.

Also, fluff wise, would it make sense to have tacticals (fully loaded with apothecary, extra CCW, artificer sarge) have mark 6 armor and Tigrus bolters, while Seekers hadmk4 armor (BaC box)?
>>
Has anyone done anything neat with their BaC Contemptor? I'd like to make the stance a bit less static. I'm also considering sacrificing one of the marines to the chainfist so I model the Contemptor lifting it up in a deathgrip and crushing.
>>
Are you guys going to build your own Knight Errants or just use Garro rules or whoever else is in the book?
>>
Why do Emperor's Children Kakophoni and Palatine Blades paint their shoulder pads white? Wouldn't they get confused for apothecaries?
>>
>>43940203
Check this guy

https://eternalhunt.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/betrayal-at-calth-or-how-to-engineer-the-perfect-gateway-drug/
>>
>>43940379
But Apothes only paint their armour white and have red shoulder pads and stuff.
>>
>>43940398
I like what he does with the legs, I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for the link.
>>
File: apothecary.jpg (360 KB, 1251x1040) Image search: [Google]
apothecary.jpg
360 KB, 1251x1040
>>43940451
That's not true for EC.

I also found a partial answer to my question: Palatine Blades actually use platinum to stand out, it's just that the guys on the Forge World painting team do whatever they want.
>>
>>43940850

Most people seem to forget the Platinum on the Palatine Blades sadly.
>>
could some one explain to me the blacksheild thing they are adding in HH6.. is it a way of feilsind bandit or lost marines? could mey entire chapter to blacksheilds.. can they use elder weapons.. whats the deal they seemed to say they could do crazy shit like yer use xenos stuff. almost like looter sm's
>>
>>43941075
You don't think it be that way, but it do.
>>
>>43941075
They are renegades that have burned their allegiances and gone to act as lone operatives for their own personal ends, whether thats supporting the imperium and betraying their legion or betraying both the imperium and their legion, it doesnt matter. They have no colors but their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcG6xt5-iwQ
>>
>>43939877
>>43939990
I'd hope so. Considering that the original fluff I had read about Ordinatus stated that the main difference between them and Titans was that they had to be built on-planet and left behind because they were too huge to transport. They're weapons of mass destruction that really have no place in the scale of the 40k tabletop game and probably shouldn't even be in it.

That model is a LOT smaller than a Titan. It's big, but it just doesn't feel Ordinatus big.
>>
>>43940379
>>43940850
>Walk up to Apothecary
>Ask him to to fix my everything before I die
>Notice his armor looks kinda funny
>AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN!
>TAKE THE LAND THAT MUST BE TAKEN!
>Eyes explode violently
>Feel the warp overtaking me
>Body warps itself back into a shape
>Suddenly overcome by insatiable craving for unicorn
>>
>>43942164

I want a Dethklok Doof Wagon. Just saying.
>>
>>43939801
Whatever that is, it better be str d, 10 inch blast or larger
>>
File: IMG_1176.png (465 KB, 568x544) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1176.png
465 KB, 568x544
>>43940203

Forgive the terrible blurriness of my hastily taken photograph, but I can't be arced to do it properly. I reposed at the waist, right leg, head, and assault cannon. I found changing the right leg was more effective than the left, as it doesn't just let you open the stance a bit, but also leans it forwards into a more dynamic pose. Otherwise you'd have to do both legs. The head is probably the trickiest, it needed a tiny bit of green stuff to make it work, but it's all pretty straightforward so long as you have a decent saw.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 694x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 694x680
>>43941761
In ye olde Epic fluff, there are Ordinatus Majoris and Minoris. The latter are basically a platform carrying a single Titan weapon. There was never a model, though, not even an image of one.

The Majoris was bigger, and supposedly each was unique. They were usually built during desperate times and they rarely traveled - a forge world would build one during an invasion and keep it in case of another one. One did get taken over by orks, though. In Epic they had three weapons options: a giant sound wave thing like the new one has, a nova cannon (the starship weapon), or six very large missiles. The models themselves looked under-scale, like all Titans and aircraft in the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
>>43943013
>>
>>43942380

The rules came out a little while ago, I seem to remember that it had a couple of firing modes (or perhaps just two different weapons), one of which was a huge blast template, the other being a wide beam, both more or less deleting everything short of a titan.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1000x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1000x421
>>43941761
It's also because they were improvised and not designed to be sturdy. But that also means there no hard and fast rules that can apply to all of them, nor a typical size or look.

These are scratch-built Epic Ordinatus Minoriuses (not mine).
>>
They've taken the old Red Book down so they can re-release an updated version.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/The-Horus-Heresy-Legiones-Astartes-Isstvan-Campaign-Legions

Which is fucking annoying, I only just finished rescanning the black version and now it's out of date. Might wait and redo it when the new ones out.
>>
>>43943358
I heard this would happen, but so soon?

Horus Heresy 2.0? 30k 2E? In my lifetime!?
>>
>>43939990

Aren't those baneblade sized tracks though?
>>
>>43943358
While I'm happy this is happening, I can't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, they should've focused on updating shit like the Vanguard Assault, Badab War Characters/Chapters and Dread Mob lists, which are just simple PDFs plagued with shit like rules that do literally nothing at the moment and references to stuff that doesn't exist anymore. I mean, 30k has already gone through several relatively recent revisions and seems pretty robust by comparison.

Then again, I know nothing about their internal workings, and it may be that there are simply completely separate teams and my equating 30k rules with 40k is completely inane.
>>
>>43943558
Your point it's still "small"
>>
Asked this in the other thread, didn't get a response

Salamanders 2k

++HQ++

Lord Chaplain Nomus Rhy'Tan
Covenant of Fire RoW
*Deployed with Pyroclasts

Primus Medicae
Cataphracti Armour
Dragonscale Shield
Power Axe
*Deployed with Firedrakes

++Troops++

Breacher Squad
9 Marines
2 x Melta Gun
Sergeant w/Inferno Pistol

Tactical Sqaud
9 Men
Sergeant
Rhino

5 Pyroclastsw/ Meltabombs

++Elites++

Firedrake Squad
4 x Firedrakes w/ Dragonscale Shields and Thunderhammers
Master w Dragonscale Shield and Mastercrafted Thunderhammer

++Heavy Support++

Sicaran battle Tank

Deredeo with Atomantic Pavise and Plasma Carronade

Leviathan Dreadnought with 2 x Grav-Bombards
>>
>>43943754
So you're just footslogging those Firedrakes? That's a lot of points on a unit that won't get anywhere and literally can't do shit until they reach melee. Also, I would just go for power fists over thunder hammers. Anything you hit will probably be dead long before Concussive kicks in, and you're paying out the ass anyway.

Then again, I'm personally not a huge fan of the Firedrakes in general. A lot of shit coming their way will be S8+, making their two wounds irrelevant and they cost you an arm and a leg.
>>
>>43943358
There's been no confirmation on whether they took it down because they're doing a new version. Could just be they sold out due to Betrayal at Calth's release.
>>
>>43943754
Generally Levi's work better deep striking, where as Firedrakes need a transport to do well.

Unless you have a comprehensive plan for Breachers, drop em, generally blast weapons directed at them will be AP3 so you won't get anything worthwhile for your points.

Annoyingly, you may have to drop the Primus because then you can't fit them in a LR with the Firedrakes.
>>
>>43944148
The site says 'No longer available.' I imagine if it were just out of stock it would say as much.
>>
R8 my list /tg/:

Death Guard, Reaping (1995 pts)

HQ

>Durak Rask - 165 pts

Elites

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

>Grav-Rapier - 75 pts

Troops

>Tac Squad (1)
>20 x Marines, 20 x CCw, Rad grenades, Artificer, Power Axe - 310 pts

>Tac Squad (2)
>20 x Marines, 20 x CCw, Rad grenades, Artificer, Power Axe - 310 pts

>Heavy Squad (1)
>8 x Marines, 8 x missile launchers, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 265 pts

>Heavy Squad (2)
>8 x Marines, 8 x missile launchers, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 265 pts

>Heavy Squad (3)
>6 x Marines, 6 x Las Cannons, Augury scanner, Hardened armour - 300 pts

Heavy

>Medusa (Phosphex shells) - 155pts

General thoughts were to push as many power armoured bodies onto the board as possible while making it as hard for the enemy to move as possible. Rask goes in the las squad so they get tank hunter/wrecker, the rest of the heavies deploy around him to benefit from his "Art of Destruction" re-roll and to create a death zone for deep strikers with all those Augury scanners and heavy weapons, troop blobs foot slog onto any convenient objectives or body block for the heavies where necessary, while the grav-rapiers and Medusa make terrain left right and center.

Problems I see are that Rask and company could get squashed by artillery/super heavies (I have nightmares about a Typhon deleting the entire back line), I don't have any dedicated close combat ability (termies, vets and the like), and I don't have any real anti-air, though I could cut out the Hardened on two squads and give one flakk missiles.
>>
>>43939877
All of my body wants to put ork stuff all over it. It looks shooty, but not shooty enough.
>>
File: fenrisian_wolf_pack.jpg (45 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
fenrisian_wolf_pack.jpg
45 KB, 444x319
I got me a Fenrisian Wolf pack. Would they work as Ogryns?
>>
>>43944613

SD AP1 apocalyptic blast, or SX (ranging from 5 on infantry to D on super heavy) AP1 beam as wide as a massive blast template. It's quite a lot of dakka.
>>
>>43944981
i mean you could...but why would you?
>>
>>43944981
>work as ogryns

>wolves are S4 T4
>ogryn are S5 T5

thats really stretching it, especially given their smaller/shorter height
>>
File: 125169605786.jpg (73 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
125169605786.jpg
73 KB, 450x333
>>43944981

... explain how that would work. What are you going to count the Ogryn's shooting attacks as? The world's worst breath or explosive diarrhea?
>>
>>43940028
So, would it be fluffy or not to have Tacticals (highly-equipped ones at least) Carrying mark 6 armor, while Legion Seekers wear mark 4?

Or would mark 6 be prioritized for Veterans like Seekers?
>>
>>43945317
well to be fair 30k ogryns dont have to have a shooting attack
>>
>>43945317
Fetusae bombardment
>>
>>43945669
it would be fluffy. Remember that Legions are huge organizations that lack the uniform doctrine that Chapters do. Pretty much everyone has access to all marks of power armour in existence at the time in some fashion, and aside from very specific cases (like Salamanders refusing to use phosphex and Destroyers) have at least some element of all vanilla units even if it doesn't fit their preferred method of warfare. So there are jetbike Death Guard and Raven Guard Medusas.
>>
File: 30kexecutionerfinal.jpg (75 KB, 550x527) Image search: [Google]
30kexecutionerfinal.jpg
75 KB, 550x527
Hey HH Gen, I need some advice on kitting some units. Im not sure how much anti-armor I should take, or what else I might need. Heres what I have:

Kurze
Sevatar
Mawdrym
Moritat

20 man tac with Bolters
(2) 10 man Terror Squads for anti-heavy infantry
5 man Veteran Squad w/Heavy Bolter
5 man Support Squad w/melta
10 man Support Squad w/Volkite Calivers
(2) Apothecary
15 Night Raptors for anti-heavy infantry
12 Cataphractii Termies for swiss army knife
3 Deimos Rhinos
1 Dreadclaw Drop Pod

>6 Scimitar Jetbikes w/?
>3 Contemptors w/?

It looks like I need more anti-armor, but Contemptors seem like they kinda suck. Do they suck in HH? Also wondering if I need AA right away, and if so do I get a Fire Raptor, a Deredeo, or Sentry Guns?

No clue what my local metas lists consist of, I just know that most of them are older (35 y/o+), and they are all bro-tier.

I know its a lot of question and that Im a newb, but plz halp me. I dont want to make a mistake or buy an expensive tank I dont necessarily need. Never played 30k before, and only ever watched 40k.
I have 2 Contemptor lascannon arms, two contemptor multi-melta arms, and 2 kheres arms + a carapace mounted missile launcher. Havent assembled them yet though cuz Im unsure of what to do.
>>
The question I'm having is if it would be typical or not.

one is a 20 man squad sneaking into position, and the other is a 10 man team in a drop pod.

Basically, I know Mk6 and mark 4 were the same defensively in fluff, but was heavier, so would it make sense to have those utilizing pods keep the mk4?

Basically i'm trying to figure out if BaC mk4 is fluff-accurate for a RG army that was prior all mk6 sans apothecaries and gunners.
>>
>>43945796
>>43946216
Forgot to link.
>>
>>43946216
Well, during the heresy supply lines were sketchy at best. So a mix of different marks in your army can easily be reconciled with any official lore.

My advice would be to just build them how you want them to look; unless you're going pants on head it can be made 'fluff accurate'.
>>
File: White_Scars_Marines.jpg (18 KB, 240x292) Image search: [Google]
White_Scars_Marines.jpg
18 KB, 240x292
3 questions.

1 Who would be the strongest fighter, in each legion? No Primarchs or Dreads. Obviously Sigismund and Abaddon would be squaring off for spots 1 and 2.

2 Could Sigismund solo any of the primarchs? Fluff-wise I mean.

3 Whats the name of the White Scars short story, where they have punishment tribunals where the traitor White Scars are asked to repent, but choose to go on kamikaze style missions (It'd be written after "Scars")
>>
>>43946329
1. Eidolon, Sevatar, Typhon, Kharn....

2. No, I dont think so.
Primarchs: :: :Space Marines
as
Space Marines: :: :Humans

3. Dunno, sorry.
>>
>>43943754
not a legal list.

Salamanders RoW requires MORE troops than fast attack or heavy support, not an equal amount.

You need to either remove a HS option or take another troop slot.

Though honestly the RoW isn't doing a lot for your army.

Only the sicarian and the rhino will get anything out of the 5+ as IIRC the dreads already have an invuln.

Also you only have 2 meltaguns being made mastercrafted by it.

You may as well just not take the RoW.
>>
So what legion would be good for footslogging lots of Tacs? I'm assuming Death Guard, but does anybody else do that well?
>>
>>43946442
Imperial Fists
>>
>>43946442
Iron Warriors are pretty decent for it, and you need at least 3 units for their RoW.
>>
>>43944981
Not even once.

>beasts
>25mm base
>not fucking OGRE sized
>no way to implement a provenance onto them
>5+ armour save
>>
>>43946428
It's a legal list. You only need as many troops as heavy and fast choices. Plus, don't forget that the entire army gains move through cover as part of the RoW.
>>
>>43946492
shouldn't they have bike bases?
>>
>>43946329
1. Kharn, Lucius, Qin Xa, Raldoron, Sevatar, Ahriman, Falkus Kibre, the Dark Angel who literally shanks Curze in the back, Grulgor, Sharrowkyn, Exodus
2. Pre-chaos Lorgar, and Alpharius.
>>
>>43946442

Honestly everyone can sort of pull them off pretty well, with the highlights including:

Fists if you like hitting on a 2+ with 40+ bolter shots

IW if you don't like morale checks and do like assaulting

DG if you don't like pinning or being afraid and if you don't care if you get assaulted

IH if you would prefer bolters wound on a 5, las guns on a 6

RG if you like the thought of infiltrating fleeting tac squads

WB/WE if you like running at the enemy screaming prayers/incoherently (respectively)

NL if you like kicking you opponent in the nuts when they're out numbered
>>
>>43946711

Is Lucius better than Eidolon?
>>
Isstvan campaign legions book is listed as No Longer Available.
>>
>>43947284
Damn, I wanted it for christmas, wonder if they'll come up wth a new version in February.
>>
>>43947065
I'd say so. Eidolon and his hammer would probably be far too slow to even hit Lucius. The only thing Eidolon sports over Lucius is his sonic-voice though I doubt he'd have time to use it.
>>
File: yiff-in-hell.jpg (121 KB, 873x400) Image search: [Google]
yiff-in-hell.jpg
121 KB, 873x400
>>43945312
Cyberwolf (fenrisian wolf "sergeant upgrade") is T5 and has a 4+ save.

>>43945317
30k ogryns can be close combat only.

>>43946492
>25mm base
>not fucking OGRE sized

They're on 40mm bases and at least as tall as Marines.

>beasts

So?

>no way to implement a provenance onto them

What do you mean? If in rules they're Ogryns, then Provenance would work on them just fine.

>5+ armour save

The wolves in the SW list naturally have 6+ save and cyberwolves have 4+. Slap on some pieces of metal wires, and they're equal to a T5 4+ save model in visual style.
>>
need some help in list building iron warriors if you guys can bare a newfag
so, got a betrayal at calth and united it with some 40k vehicles. will do a forge world order after christmas, probably ordering some breachers, an apothecary and the big guy perturabo (but sweet god damn I need some spartans. too bad they cost a real fuckton of money)
I wanted to make an army with what I have now. will change it as soon as I get a second betrayal at calth box and some spare weapons. This is what I own now:
>bac praetor, wanted to make a warsmith so I am also looking for other models like the warpsmith, the iron hand forge father or the old metal iron warrior warsmith
>centurion with power sword and bolt pistol (using it as master of the signal until I get the real model or even better if I can find a substitute since I don't particularly like the resin one)
>5 cataphractii. 2 lighting claw pairs, 3 chanfists, heavy flamer. might make them a command squad so that I can fit them with the praetor/warsmith in a land raider.
>5 missile launcher iron havocs
>10 veterans with 2 meltas
>15 bolter buddies, but since I need more elites for pride of the legion I might make them veterans. dunno about the gear though.
>2 rhinos
>vindicator
>land raider (using it as phobos)
>contemptor with chainfist. assault cannon and havoc launcher

what would you guys suggest for a solid 2000 points pride of the legion list?
>>
>>43947668
I would look at the BaC praetor and see if you want to make him into Erasmus Golg (fuck up his face a bit)

Then maybe go Orbital Assault as your RoW.

I'd magnetize the Catas.

If you are up for going full retard, you could do the following 2k IW list

Erasmus Golg-175

Centurion (Primus Medicae, Cataphractii Terminator Armor(Power Sword))-120

7x Tyrant Siege Terminators(Combi-Plasma)-400

7x Tyrant Siege Terminators-395

6x Tyrant Siege Terminators-345

9x Iron Havocs (Power Axe, Nunio-vox, Artificer Armor, Augry Scanner, 8x Missile Launchers, Drop Pod)-355

Fire Rapotor(Autocannons)-210

2000/2000
>>
>>43947394
I don't think they'd add anything new to the books other than errata or typo fixes. WS/BA/DA aren't getting new units/character rules in Book 6 so it wouldn't make sense to add them to whatever the new version of the Redbook is. Also it wouldn't really be an Isstvan Campaign Legions book anymore if they were in it.
>>
>>43943358
Well, if you've already finished scanning it, surely there's no harm in releasing it?
>>
>>43947668

I wouldn't bother with Breachers unless you really really like the models or plan on doing ZM. They're overcosted for what they do.

>>43947873

I wouldn't take that many Tyrant Siege terminators, they're fun the first few times until you realize that your opponents will never want to play you again. Also when you're actually ready to branch out and make fun lists, then you're stuck with a bunch of models you won't use. IMO, Fire Raptors suck, spend that 210 points on something better.
>>
How does one decide which legion to play?
All of them have cool fluff and units, most have good paint schemes and tactics (rites too).
Any idea?
Any idea on what will the new book include in relation to my questions?
>>
>>43946329
>2 Could Sigismund solo any of the primarchs? Fluff-wise I mean.

No. He's not Draigo or Calgar.
>>
>>43946329
>3 Whats the name of the White Scars short story, where they have punishment tribunals where the traitor White Scars are asked to repent, but choose to go on kamikaze style missions (It'd be written after "Scars")
I believe it's "Rebirth", it's also about that lone Thousand Son.
>>
>>43948000
>How does one decide which legion to play?

What's your play style? Most of the Legions, when you build towards their RoW are pretty inflexible when it comes to playing outside what they're specialized for. I'd start there.

>Any idea on what will the new book include in relation to my questions?

Book 6 will have rules for Shattered Legions and Blackshields. While nothing really concrete has been said yet, these rules will probably allow you to mix and match units from Legions or at least not lock you into one specific Legion. If you can't make up your mind, wait to see what Book 6 offers.
>>
>>43947946
Hence the intro 'go full retard'

No list needs 20 of them.

>Fire Raptors suck, spend that 210 points on something better

Well, you are wrong. Fire Raptors are fucking amazing. 8 tl autocannon shots, 7 TL bolt cannon shots, and missiles on a 12/12/12 4hp flyer is great, especially for 210.
>>
>>43944981
Maybe thunderwolves would cut it.
>>
So when is Space Wolves due for some 30k and how fast does the books sell out?
>>
>>43948202
Possibly sometime next year unless they get delayed again. They've been delayed for two years now. Also the books don't really sell out unless you're talking about Collector Editions. The redbook is sold out because they're either reprinting a new edition, or BaC players bought them up at a rate FW wasn't expecting.
>>
>>43943358
Someone should email them and ask if it's being updated or if it's just out of stock.
>>
>>43948244
Oh, so the red books will be back in stock? Cool. I hope Bjorn gets a pre-Dreadnought mini.
>>
>>43948293
Yes, FW has never just discontinued a HH book.
>>
>>43947878
There's supposed to be new vanilla rites of war, they might add those plus the new units. If its not back by christmas Im just going to buy the book that has the IF rules for christmas and then buy the red book in march or whenever it gets updated.
>>
>>43948315
That's good to hear. I guess I just expected FW to use similar business practises as GW and pull the rug from under my feet.

Any word if they are gonna do 30k Skitarii?
>>
>>43948169
Thunderwolves are closer to dreadnoughts in size.
>>
>>43948395
No official word. It'll probably happen, but it could be a long time out - maybe when a Battle of Mars book comes out.
>>
>>43948395
There's been some talks of FW doing a Imperial Armour book that will bring 30k Mechanicum models into 40k but nothing about 40k to 30k. The novella Cybernetica has some 40k Skitarii stuff I think, but other than that you can always just use 40k Skitarii as counts-as models if your opponent doesn't mind.
>>
>>43948512
Well, I was really kinda wondering if they would release some kind of upgrade kits for the 40k Skitarii.
>>
>>43948564
Doubtful but who knows for sure.
>>
>>43948602
Well, they might release some weapon part for the Dunewalker.
>>
>>43945045
One really big dakk

>>43946329
Sharrowkyn for RG. He 1v1 stomps Lucius twice and BOOMHEADSHOTs Fulgrim
>>
File: golgotha.jpg (841 KB, 4288x2416) Image search: [Google]
golgotha.jpg
841 KB, 4288x2416
>>43941761
There are some pretty good conversions out there.
>>
>>43948024
It's not. It's Brotherhood of the Moon.
>>
>>43946329
>>43949861
And I forgot the important link.
>>
>>43946329
Brotherhood of the Moon, with an excellent follow-up in Grey Talon found in the Meduson anthology, followed by Little Horus in the Age of Darkness anthology. The whole plotline is really good.
>>
New to HH, building 3k points of EC. Is it true that melta is not a good choice in 30k because of cheap and widely available armored ceramite?
>>
>>43950203
It still is a good weapon to pop transports and small tanks, dont expect it to wreck bigger shit like spartans since they will have armored ceramite but it still is S8 AP1. Its not as obsolete as people like to think.
>>
>>43944981
Bit of a stretch. Okay on a temporary basis, but the point of miniatures in tabletop game is to help the immersion into the fluff and you'd be way wide of that.
>>
>>43950203
Depends on your local meta. But yeah, small vehicles are still fair game, not everything can take Armoured Ceramite.
>>
>>43950203
You should have a little. If everyone stops taking meltas then everyone else will stop taking armored ceramite, freeing points for other things.

If you spend fewer points on meltas than your opponents spend on armored ceramite, it's worth it.
>>
Any love for the Auxilia, especially as an Allied Detachment? They look lovely and I'd like to crowbar them into a Raven Guard force.

- With Tercios, I get a fuckton of Troop bodies even from 2 Allied slots. Dracosans or Aegis? Lasrifles or Veletaris?
- I get one Elite slot. Rapiers or Techpriests?
- Malcador Infernus or Malcador Double-Plate?

I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I know the army excels at long-ranged S3 and heavy ordnance tanks.
>>
>>43950265
Last time I asked about Militia models, I was yelled at for "demanding" FW to make my shit, instead of just doing whatever I like, just as FW intended with Militia.

Ogryn entry says:
>"Although this unit entry represents Ogryns as the most common type of brute squad found within the Imperialis Auxilia, it could equally represent trained xenos predator breasts, crude locally constructed combat servitors, cyber-felid hunters, or even particularly large and aberrant gene-gholams, depending on the world from which the regiment was raised."
>trained predator breasts
>cyber-felid hunters

Now it seems I'm in the wrong again, when I try to do whatever.
>>
>>43950450
Maybe you should try being less wrong next time.
>>
>>43950479
Seems so. Or just stop asking anything from 30k threads, because everything you do is wrong.
>>
>>43950450
I wasn't around last time. That piece of book you quoted definitely supports your idea, so I retract my statement. It'll work better if you keep the theme throughout your army, though. (I'm not sure what I mean by that.)
>>
>>43950340
Dracosans are what I would go for, keep mobility. Vets again.

Rapiers if you dont already have them in your RG. Techpriests? I dont remember if they do anything special other than repair. What are you going to have to repair?

Infernus FTW.
>>
>>43950589

Techpriests get you a unit of 8 Servitors with Grenade Launchers for 155pts.
SA Grenades can fire Haywire shells.
>>
>>43950450
The point of minis is clarity. My concern with wolf models is that I see them and think S4, T4, and some sort of fast rule. I don't think of Ogryn rules. The entry gives cybercats as an example though, and that isn't very different, so...

Anyway, if there isn't much other proxying going on in this army then I won't have trouble remembering once you tell me. Go for it.
>>
>>43944981

You're talking about "counts as", then yea sure, if you're opponent agrees to it.
But if you really want to stretch it, you convert them to actually FIT the army you're playing! You give them a custom flak vest made from green stuff, you enhance them with some custom bionic stuff, you paint them to match you're army, you make gas-masks for dogs strapped on. Hell, you will give this unit a custom name such as "urban devils" Warhounds of the 35th Octobian Regiment, used to sweep the streets clear of rebels. A unit employed for its massive use of tracking down its prey in an urban environment.

Only you're imagination is the limit of what you can do with this unit. And if you do it as I described in the second paragraph, you wont find a sour face when you play them as Ogryns.
>>
>>43950450
>demanding FW to make my shit
It's understandable to moan about FW not having equivalent / supplemental models, but it's pointless to do it here since nobody in this thread has the ability to force FW to. The only thing you cant do about it if find away around through conversions or 3rd party materials. Sometimes people will give you pointers, but we're not put here to be consultants or magic makers.

>whatever I like, just as FW intended with Militia.
The real reason that people express skepticism about running wolves as Ogryns is due to the fact that proxying can have limits. You see it everywhere in 40k where some (normally underage) player will show up with a bare bones (or radically different) model, and start using it as a named character / unit with all sorts of nice toys. This is particularly hazardous ground with forge world and the wide array of expensive and exotic stuff one can field. That said the wolf idea is pretty neat so long as it's believable. As someone else said no shooting weapons unless the have turrets strapped to there backs.
>>
>>43950660

cont.

I feel the need to explain my post above a bit more.
My point is this, you don't want you're opponent to for a moment think that this is fenrisian wolves, as it would disturb the balance of the game! The fenrisian wolves already have a profile, and a model, and to use it in the Ogryns stead is to play it as a "counts as".
But to convert it to not only fit the theme of you're army, but also giving it fluff, now thats creating a completely custom unit! This unit is no longer a unit of fenrisian wolves if done right. It truly is The Urban Devils, as described above.
This not only deepens the game, but also allows for great fun to create and to enjoy on the field.
>>
>>43950340
- I'd go Aegis, Dracosans are too much of a points sink, plus your RG should be the ones getting into h2h. Have your SA camp objectives.

- Techpriests

- Infernus all day every day.
>>
File: corporal-woof.jpg (34 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
corporal-woof.jpg
34 KB, 600x338
>>43950645
Bringing Survivors of a Dark Age dudes in PA, Rhinos and Land Raiders shouldn't make people think "S4 T4 Marines", now should it?

>>43950660
Sure, I plan on putting some armour and bionics on there, but I'm not building my whole army around one unit. They're just war beasts, military dogs of grimderp scale.
>>
>>43950946
>Survivors of a Dark Age dudes in PA, Rhinos and Land Raiders
What are we talking about here?
>>
>>43950946

> but I'm not building my whole army around one unit.

Thats not what I said, I think you should convert a unit to fit the THEME of the entire army, not the other way around.

This way you will get respect of other wargamers, not grumpy faces of youre counts as unit.
>>
>>43950946
>They're just war beasts, military dogs of grimderp scale.
Give them goggles and/or helmets for fun. Imperial symbols on the back of the armor would be cool too.

Also I think one of the easiest things to do would be to find paint schemes that make them look less like wolves and more like dogs.
>>
>tfw no 30k Squats
>>
>>43951027
Militia can have Provenance called Survivors of the Dark Age (of Technology), who get +1 armour save (so grenadiers become 3+ and mandatory troops) and you get rhinos and land raiders (proteus variant) as transports. Grenadiers can also have bolters. So you can field a bunch of power armoured, bolter wielding dudes in land raiders and rhinos, in 30k, without playing Marines.

>>43950797
>It's understandable to moan

Except I merely wondered if FW was gonna make certain weapon options. I didn't even want them, was just thinking out loud. And then the whole thread went to shit and suddenly I was "demanding" FW for stuff and I should check my privileges or something.

>This is particularly hazardous ground with forge world and the wide array of expensive and exotic stuff one can field.

Reminds me of all the times when people shit on the use of Mk. V castaferrums and Mars pattern rhinos (aka. GW plastic kits), even though they were around during the Heresy.

>As someone else said no shooting weapons

Well of course not. But they probably didn't know or remember that 30k ogryns can go full melee.

>>43950802
>fenrisian wolves already have a profile

In 40k, not in 30k, though.
>>
>>43951149
>Mk. V castaferrums and Mars pattern rhinos (aka. GW plastic kits), even though they were around during the Heresy.
To be honest I would get autistic over my own army just because I want them to look time period appropriate.

>>43951149
>Except I merely wondered if FW was gonna make certain weapon options... went to shit and suddenly I was "demanding" FW for stuff and I should check my privileges or something.
I honestly hope you werent the guy talking about the lack of terminator options.

>>43951132
I honestly think that if forge world tried to revive squats GW would come down on them like a hammer and fire the shit out of people. When GW is wrong they're very dedicated to continuing that behavior. For now anyone who wants to play squats will have to find appropriate rules and use Mantic / Converted dwarf models.
>>
>>43951076
I thought that was given.
>>
>>43950340
I'd go for Malcador Tank commander for HQ, one full tercio with an aegis and then another Malcador Tank for heavy support.
>>
>>43951239
>I want them to look time period appropriate

Mars pattern Rhinos and Mk. V casteferrums ARE period appropriate. They're in the books.

>I honestly hope you werent the guy talking about the lack of terminator options.

It was weeks ago and about militia stuff.
>>
>>43944981
Too slow, not tough enough, many provenances of war would be implausible (though this can be resolved with conversions). Maybe if you put two heavily-worked wolves on one base you could count it as a Spawn.
>>
question: I am buying a splitted betrayal at calth. taking 15 tacs and the contemptor. how much should I spend for it?
>>
>>43951239
They allow you to take make a Squat army through the Imperial Militia rules. Survivors of the Dark Age and Abhuman Helots should do it.
>>
>>43951371
$120 Australian
>>
>>43951302
True, but attaining that updated rogue trader feel man.
>>
>>43950450
That's because you were demanding and squealed like a baby whenever anyone told you the truth.

The fact that you're at least thinking about how militia might work is a start, but ask yourself: how do the wolves fit in with the rest of your Militia and Cults army?
>>
>>43951427
>Remember to be cool to each other. Ignore shitposters.

>Ignore shitposters.
>>
>>43951406
I don't blame people for liking the FW variants, but when it becomes "you're doing it wrong!" it just feels silly.
>>
>>43950450
the best way to look at it, is by matching base size and finding a model suitably tall/chunky enough to stand on it. Since Ogryns use 40mm bases, find something that fits reasonably well on a 40mm base. I'm planning on using gasmask bullgryns and ghettoing them up with fantasy ogre shit
>>
>>43951533
The wolves are on 40mm bases.
>>
>>43951459
I want to get my friend into HH for instance. He's normally never in a position to fund an army, but he's got a crap ton of DA models from dark vengeance.

Some people want that immersion, others are just happy if you make an attempt.
>>
>>43951642
Modify the swords into tear drops. Paint them as blood angels. Bam! Siege of Terra BA. I think BA even got assault cannons during the Heresy, so you don't have to modify the terminator weapons.
>>
>>43951376
Oh, I should totally look into that.
>>
>>43951439
He wasn't shitposting, just bringing up what he said in previous threads. And to be fair to him, he only starting shitposting towards the very end of the discussion because he couldn't take two other people telling him to just convert something.

About shitposting: when somebody raises a point that they can't backup with reason or evidence and resort to just repeating themselves or insulting other people, that's the kind of shitposting you should ignore, but no sooner than the end of reason. When someone starts flaming out of the blue, that's something that should be ignored immediately. When people just post memes or whatever unconnected to the discussion, that's when you contact a moderator.
>>
>>43951857
Yup, IM and WC is definitely the modeller's wet dream when it comes to 30k armies.
>>
>>43951766
He really likes Dark Angels though, and black is baby level easy to paint.

Not that I want to blog post, but I think the Betrayal at Calth set is perfect for Blood angels. Kurtha Sedd is definitely going to be my Captain with his maul counting as a thunder hammer.
>>
>>43951919
If it's just you two playing and he has at least the appropriate weapons, just play a game and see how he likes it.
>>
>>43951895
>just bringing up what he said in previous threads

Aka. trying to start some shit where it's not needed.
>>
>>43952029
Most definitely will. He's already hype for 20 man tacs and gunslinger HQ's
>>
>>43951919
Major problem with DV models is the Mk. 7 armour, which didn't come into use until the Heresy reached Terra and DA weren't present there.

If you want to fit into 30k, that is. I guess, if nothing else, you could try and put some rivets on the suits and try and convert them into Mk. 5s, if nothing else.

>>43951895
>he couldn't take two other people telling him to just convert something

Not when it didn't have anything to do with what I was trying to say.
>>
If a 30k newcomer knows enough about the fluff to say "battle of Terra" as an excuse for their mark 7 plastic 40k army (even if their legion was never at terra) I will automatically give them an okay.

If you just plop a 40k full plastic no resin army unpainted shit on the table, haven't even read the 30k rulebook, fuck that.
>>
>>43952207
>Mk V
Ugliest shit ever.

But yeah it'll mostly be casual games with people who won't care as much.
>>
>>43952305
It just happens to be the only HH era suit that shares the same helmet style. But, again, that's just if you really want to make them work.

>>43952295
>allowing such heresy

But isn't that, like, wrong?

Personally, seeing all the HH stuff in HH, makes me want to be the edge lord and make as much of an army from standard GW kits as possible. Fully converted to fit into the HH era, of course.
>>
File: mkv-9.jpg (53 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
mkv-9.jpg
53 KB, 800x680
>>43952305

Heard you talking shit m8,
> Mks 4 through 6 are best Mks
>>
>>43952445
I could, but then again they're not really my models to alter
>>
>>43952305

I used to like Mk 4 and 8 the best and hated 2, 5 and a little bit of 6. I also hated Terminator bulldogs and all titans.

Now I hate 4 and 7/8 and love every other mark and terminators and titans. 40k's ugly imperial aesthetics grow on you.
>>
>>43952461
Mks 3 and 4 are best heresy/crusade era

6/7 are best grimderp
>>
>>43952445

I probably don't care because I've had a mostly FW marine army since before HH existed as a game. So my army is already practically HH from the start.
>>
>>43952445
>Personally, seeing all the HH stuff in HH, makes me want to be the edge lord and make as much of an army from standard GW kits as possible. Fully converted to fit into the HH era, of course.
A bit too late now that GW has made HH mainstream.
>>
>>43952578
I'm talking about using Mk. V dreads, Mars patter Rhino hulls, post-Mk. 2 Land Raider Phobos, Siege of Terra army in Mk. 7 armour, Indomitus suits, etc. Just making it looks different from all the Mk. 2-6 armour, Deimos Rhinos, Tartaros and Cataphractii, etc.
>>
>>43952713
It'd just look like you were in the wrong place. Though I guess you'd have the colors right. Hmm... it should be acceptable, but I'd think of it as a dorky thing to do. (Dorky in the socially-unaware sense.)
>>
>>43943558
That's extremely tiny.

A Ordinatus Majoris would have tracks larger than the factories used to make the baneblades, and possibly some of the smaller-to-medium sized titans.
>>
>>43952828
But they're all HH era things. Just makes sure all the markings and wargear is correct, and it's a HH army. If anyone's unaware, it's the people complaining about "not being 30k", even though they're all units that existed during the Heresy.
>>
>>43952833
The new FW model is not a Majoris. It's a Minoris, which should be the size of a typical superheavy (give or take a lot).

There's no clarity on the size of an Ordinatus Majoris, other than "really big." It's kind of like titans before FW started making them - some art showed them being roughly their current size, other art showed them towering over cities. The only sure thing is that their weapons should be larger than any single titan weapon.

FWIW, at some point the fan-led Epic army list development team decided that a Majoris should be able to take one special weapon or two identical titan weapons.
>>
File: titan-height-text.jpg (342 KB, 486x696) Image search: [Google]
titan-height-text.jpg
342 KB, 486x696
>>43952990
Shouldn't trust art. In the art Marines stand twice the height of a man, while GW says they're 7 feet tall.
>>
>>43953054
Clearly the Imperium is full of manlets.
>>
>>43953054
I thought marines were eight feet tall.
>>
>>43952713

All of those are in the Heresy except for the non-Mk IIb Land Raiders. The "40k" Rhinos and Dreads are old, old patterns.

>>43953215

Look more closely at the bottom of that photo.
>>
>>43951132
>>43951132
There are though.

Survivors of the Dark Age and Abhuman Helots in a Cult Militia list is squats.
>>
File: space_marine_HQ_scale.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
space_marine_HQ_scale.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>43953215
>>
>>43951371
$60 US.
>>
File: SpaceMarinePromoENG_Slot2.jpg (302 KB, 950x440) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMarinePromoENG_Slot2.jpg
302 KB, 950x440
>>43953261
>>
>>43953283
Just one more foot and you could have gotten more models with that deal.
>>
>>43953237
>except for the non-Mk IIb Land Raiders

Land Raider Prometheus is features in several HH books, and it has the post-Mk. 2 exhaust and sponsons.
>>
I keep hearing that people know some the new rites of war in book 6. Do we have any knowledge of this?
>>
>>43953357

How do you know it wasn't a Mk IIb Prometheus? None of the HH rulebooks show images of it. The Prometheus isn't even a legal HH unit, stop fucking talking about non-canon BL shit.
>>
>>43947563
>They're on 40mm bases and at least as tall as Marines.
They don't look like S/T5 units with 3 wounds each though, do they?

>So?
So it's kind of misleading if the unit doesn't follow what the model was designed to be.

>30k ogryns can be close combat only.
This isn't true.

But I wouldn't even say you could give them melee weapons if you made them wolf models unless you did some extensive shit with their paws
>>
File: 4.img.1328554447Ordinatus5.jpg (90 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
4.img.1328554447Ordinatus5.jpg
90 KB, 700x467
>>43952833
>would have tracks larger than the factories used to make the baneblades
Dude, they have models, they're nowhere near that large.
>>
>>43953368
Other than FW mentioning at the Opening Day that Kakophoni and Gal Vorbak as troops, no.
>>
>>43947668
As this anon said >>43947873

Tyrant siege termies are the shit.

I'd suggest buying a Cyclone Missle launcher off a bits site and making a press mould to recast it (or just buy 5 of them if you cba)

Don't take 20 though, but if you're taking cataphractii termies anyway you may as well use tyrant siege termies as they are pretty sweet.

In regards to Vets, taking the sniper rule and both special weapons as heavy bolters w/ shrapnel bolts is pretty sweet.
>>
>>43948485
So are Ogres...
>>
File: HH-1-LR-Prometheus.jpg (167 KB, 789x530) Image search: [Google]
HH-1-LR-Prometheus.jpg
167 KB, 789x530
>>43953482
Anon, how retarded are you?

Here, HH Book 1, pg. 271. A clear image of the LR Prometheus, showing off the sponsons and the stacks, both of which are not the Mk. IIb style ones.
>>
>>43953497
I agree they wouldn't be nearly as large as that guy said, but old Epic models of big things were significantly underscaled.
>>
>>43953665
In Mechanicum markings, but with a Space Marine on top...
>>
File: HH-1-LR-MK-2-Plus.jpg (253 KB, 1067x459) Image search: [Google]
HH-1-LR-MK-2-Plus.jpg
253 KB, 1067x459
>>43953665
Oh, and what is this I found on pg. 147? Is that a regular old GW Land Raider with a FW extra armour kit? But that's not a Mk. IIb!

And what's that in the distance, behind the Raider? Is that a Mars pattern Rhino? That front and view ports sure does look like it.
>>
>>43953487
>They don't look like S/T5 units with 3 wounds each though, do they?

What does such a model look like?

>So it's kind of misleading if the unit doesn't follow what the model was designed to be.

Rhinos weren't designed to be Fast, but painting them red and using a certain codex makes them Fast without anything on the outside indicating they're different from non-Fast Rhinos.

>This isn't true.

What?

>Wargear
>Close combat weapon
>Frag grenades
>Flak armour

>Any model in the unit may be given one of the following options:
>Additional close combat weapon
>Power weapon
>Lascutter
>Ripper gun
>Heavy bolter
>Combat shield
>Boarding shield

They don't come with guns and out of all their upgrades 2 are guns. How the fuck is it not true?

>>43953607
What ogryns have you been using? The plastic ones are about a head taller than terminators.
>>
>>43952042
What, you mean provide reasoning for statements made in the course of discussion in the thread?
>>
What are the usual point values HH is played at ?
>>
>>43952207
Yes, that it sucks balls that Forgeworld hasn't released an army that perfectly encapsulates what you, personally, want in the Imperial Army yet.

We told you repeatedly at the time, you have two different Imperial Armies in a game that's heavily marine-centric already, but nooooo because they don't have models and they don't have cheap platoons then FW is shit. You couldn't justify your point then and the reasons you gave for why this is an exception were buncomb. You seem to have accepted one of those points now, so it's time to get over the other one.
>>
>>43953905
1750-3500 is what the book recommends. I usually play 2.5k to 4.5k games. I think most tournaments are around 2500 since you can start taking some decent LoWs at that point.
>>
>>43953054
In SOME of the art. The rule is that if one source is consistent and the other wild, trust the consistent one.

>>43953215
Nope, misconception spawned by a weird chart. Space marines are 7' *in armour*. They're probably somewhere between 6'9" and 6'11" outside of it. There are real humans taller than that today, but all of them are weak and physically disfunctional.
>>
>>43949172
>TL Lascannon on the front
Yeah that'll do some damage!
>>
>>43949172
>Many dollars in models.
>5 minute paint scheme.
Why.
h
y
>>
>>43954023
I like the eight feet marine idea. Eight is even. Wait. I had an idea. FW deal where you win enough models to equal Magnus's height. He's 15ft tall so you can probably get everything you need to start off the HH game.
>>
>>43954004
Thanks.

By the way, do you think that it would make Legions more balanced when playing against 40k armies if you removed the buy-in tax for infantry squads ?
>>
>>43953974
No, anon, that was just you projecting, as always.

What I said was that it would have been cool for them to release kits for certain weapons, like lasrifles and laslocks (if nothing else, make casts of tech thrall and krieg arms/guns). Yes, you can go to plenty of other companies, but FW has the bits and I'm sure people would buy them. Fucking hell, the dual TL devourer kit for 'Nids hung on the most sold items list for ages, competing with HH Marines. That's a conversion just about anyone can make. And people still bought it.

As for platoons, I just wondered why SA got them in the form of the tercios but Militia did not.

I never said FW was shit or that they must cater to my needs, you retards just had to force that narrative because you couldn't shitpost otherwise. Just like you have to come here and stir up shit out of nothing, because your autism doesn't let you rest unless you can shit on someone online about nothing, no matter what. You're worse than carnac. At least he had a point.
>>
>>43954180
No idea if that would balance 30k vs. 40k. I have yet to play against a 40k army. I suppose it would depend on the points level you're playing at. I would say try it out and see what you discover.
>>
>>43950340
Take Storm Sections in Dracosans with demolisher cannons if you want to be more competitive.

If you just want a bunch of dudes to hold objectives and still get to use their full firepower just take lasrifle sections.

You can literally fit a whole 2k point list from Solar Auxilia into the Allied Detatchment.

NEVER take Dracosans without demolisher cannons though.

Paying 135 points for a TL Lascannon is never worth it.

With a demolisher cannon it is basically a Vindicator with better stats, option for a flare shield as well as armoured ceramite AND it has a whole squad of BS4 Volkite chargers inside.

Probably the best troop option in 30k to be honest.

You can take 2 Leman Russ squads as there is 1 variety for FA and 1 for HS
>>
>>43954199
Look everyone, he's not gonna drop his point, so just please stop responding to him.

We get it, you're upset people ganged up on you and you feel you're misrepresented. No one cares.
>>
>>43953878
not him, but for

>>They don't look like S/T5 units with 3 wounds each though, do they?

>What does such a model look like

The issue with using Fenrisian Wolves as Ogryn Brutes is that Wolves already have rul3s in 40k (which is the same system as 30k). We know they are t4 s4 w1 6+ fast units. They would need to be converted heavily to be more bulked and armored up.

If you just straight up used wolves, that's a stand in/proxy model, not a conversion.

Also, what's the theme of your army to have Wolves as Brutes?
>>
>>43954023
>between 6'9" and 6'11" outside of it. There are real humans taller than that today, but all of them are weak and physically disfunctional
>>
>>43950609
Would these be good for the models for them?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FR/Mechanicum-Magos-Macrotek-Enginseer-Servo-automata

I can't find any official models for Servo-automata other than these.

I had always assumed you'd just convert up some servitors but that doesn't seem appropriate now.
>>
>>43954454
You could probably use Tech-thralls too if you convert up the weapons.
>>
>>43954276
We also know that a guardsman is W1. But use him as an officer and suddenly he's W3.
>>
File: 1425677107448.jpg (277 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
1425677107448.jpg
277 KB, 1600x1066
Feels like it should be clarified that 7ft is probably the average, with bigger SM existing. If I recall correctly, Abaddon was supposed to be a big guy.

>>43943358

This will be kind of halfasssed if the new red books don't include the rules for BA, DA, and WS.

>>43943729

It may be that they'd rather work on HH at the moment.

>>43951239

>When GW is wrong

How in the fuck was GW wrong about Squats?

Work on Squats stopped because there was no interest in the Studio and because they personally felt like they had created some weird mockery, not space Dwarfs.

Personally if Squats were brought back I think they should belong to the Imperial Army/Militia/Guard, same as Ogryns, Ratlings, and everything else.
>>
>>43954496
But tech-thralls are T3, they can't proxy T5 models!
>>
>>43954556
>7ft is probably the average, with bigger SM existing

Then shouldn't smaller ones exist as well?
>>
>>43954579
If the Apothocary makes a mistake.
>>
>>43954579

Maybe, I can only recall if being said that there were some Marines bigger than others.

Alpharius and Omegon come to mind, but that is more a case of them being shorter than the other Primarchs.
>>
>>43952461
Why can't I find MKV tacticools on FW website?
>>
>>43954637
They're redoing them in the Legion style with chest markings. They'll be back later.
>>
>>43954597
It's not a mistake, it's the will of the Emperor, brother Tyrion.
>>
>>43954579
In an old Deathwatch books, there was one particularly short Imperial Fist. He responded to being a manlet by making mad gainz, to the point the apothecaries had to tell him to stop.
>>
>>43954199
>it would have been cool for them to release kits for certain weapons, like lasrifles and laslocks
They have done. It's called Solar Auxilia and normal guardsmen. More importantly, those models aren't even needed at all. Because

wait for it

Militia and Cults allows roughly anything to be used as models.

>FW has the bits and I'm sure people would buy them
They do buy them. Because they make them. As well as Games Workshop central, and other modellers, and some people just make gun or bow-and-arrow looking things themselves like the book explicitly encourages them to do.

>the dual TL devourer kit for 'Nids hung on the most sold items list for ages, competing with HH Marines.
Completely different, Tyranids have a distinct look and the same (limited) about of convertability as any other 40K army. Moreover Devourers are a very specific weapon, not one of several generic catchalls.

>That's a conversion just about anyone can make.
That's a statement anyone can pull out of their ass.

>As for platoons, I just wondered why SA got them in the form of the tercios but Militia did not.
Because it fits the fluff of Solar Auxilia but not Imperialis Militia and Cults. And no, you didn't just "wonder" once, you opened up the discussion with a bitchfit about waaah why doesn't this faction do what I want it to do. We wouldn't be saying you did if you didn't; what do we have to gain from lying?

>I never said FW was shit
Yes you did, you did nothing but complain about Forgeworld then and you've done nothing but complain about it here and now. It's pitiful that you can say something like in the same post as evidence to the contrary.

>you retards just had to force that narrative because you couldn't shitpost otherwise
Aka the shitposter conspiracy, the last refuge of the butthard entitledfag. Sorry anon, but everyone else interesting in non-Mechanicus Astartes is just fine with two Imperial Armies and with more along the way.
>>
>>43954633
Do they stand on each others shoulders inside the armour? Is that their big secret?
>>
>>43954649
I saw you using the wrong tools. You're a quack!
>>
File: 8de.png (757 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [Google]
8de.png
757 KB, 1198x1200
>>43954685
Please, this has all been explained to him before. He doesn't understand or care. Just leave him be.
>>
>>43953878
>What ogryns have you been using?
Fantasy Ogres, as they look like actual Ogres rather than shitty Ogryn.

That's why FW Auxilia Ogryn look like fantasy Ogres and not GW ogryn.

>What?
misread what you said, thought you said they are a melee only unit

Look anon, you can't deny that spending £15 on 5 wolves and plopping them down on the table saying "These are my Ogryn :^)" is cheap as fuck.

They don't look big enough, and they don't look slow enough.

Ogryn are "Very Bulky" do those skinny little wovles look very bulky to you?

Do they look like they could pass for the equivalent of a rampaging Ogre?
>>
>>43954557
They're a shit proxy suggestion anyway as they are already a unit in 30k.

Will probably just build some robots out of plasticard.
>>
>>43954648
What legions actually used them as well btw?

I always just associate that face with Chaos.

Did any loyalists use them?
>>
>>43954199
>stir up shit out of nothing
This is you trying to silence people by claiming that pointing out facts is "shit-stirring".

You come up with a stretch of a proxy, people tell you why it's a bad idea and you're defence is waaaah some people in a other thread were once mean to me about something completely unrelated. I point out what you were saying and why and that's "shit-stirring", but you randomly lumping in your butthurt over that apparently isn't. When you passive-aggressively insult the rest of 30K general it's fine but when you get called out it's "shit-stirring", like you're the guardian of order and civility around here. Far fucking from it, we told you the truth in polite terms repeatedly and you called us retards. All in the name of justifying your entitledness towards Forgeworld.

>You're worse than carnac.
But at least you're funny sometimes.

>>43954273
If by "drop his point" you mean "say I'm wrong for no reason" then no, why would I. He's without reason and he lies about discussions then gets uppity when challenged like he's above criticism. Fuck him.

>people ganged up on you
It was me and another guy, pointing out simple facts on which we can all agree.
>you feel you're misrepresented.
Feelings don't enter into it, it's fact. You're right to observe that he's a crybaby however, we've been getting a lot of that lately.

>No one cares.
Eh, it's worth caring about post quality and entitledfags willing to lie to save face.
>>
>>43953878
Just do whatever you want noone is going to care. I use Destroyer squad models as Assault Marines and noone minds.

My Tacticals are also double used as Veteran Tacticals.
>>
>>43954556
>Work on Squats stopped because there was no interest in the Studio and because they personally felt like they had created some weird mockery, not space Dwarfs.
Agreed. They were dumb, down to the name.

But they had the Tyranids eat them, which means they should exist in 30k.
>>
>>43954350
Damn, is Shaq really 7'? I knew he was tall but something like 6'7".

>>43954579
They do and so do bigger ones, but part of the marine process normalises heights, presumably to make armour easier to produce.
>>
>>43954731
It's not bait at all, but I reckon I've told him once-enough for one thread. I'll let him cry to himself for now.
>>
>>43954685
I thought nobody cared.

>They have done.

Complete models. Not just the guns you can put on any number of human bodies, just like all those 3rd party ones.

>That's a statement anyone can pull out of their ass.

What happened to "if you can't convert, you're in the wrong hobby"?

You do realize there's more patterns, marks and variants of all the kits GW and FW put out, but they still put out something for people, right?

>what do we have to gain from lying?

I'd really like to know, because the whole conversation was you ignoring everything I said and projecting your own views on my motives on everything.

>Yes you did

Of course I did, because otherwise you wouldn't have anything to shitpost about.

>everyone else interesting in non-Mechanicus Astartes is just fine with two Imperial Armies

As am I, but saying anything that can be taken as a negative about FW is not allowed.
>>
>>43954918
Yeah, there's a fair number of basketball players who pass the 7 foot mark.
>>
>>43954974
'Aight, guess that's me made aware of the basketsphere.

How tall was that Sudanese guy, Manute Bol anyway? He was only just about functional, I'd consider his height a limit for physical ability.
>>
>>43955006
Not sure, so I googled it, and wikipedia says he was 7'7".
>>
>>43954878
>people tell you why it's a bad idea and you're defence is waaaah

Is this one of your "facts", anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 600x620
Guys, I need help. I can't decide on a legion to save my fucking life. I want to do either Sons of Horus, Iron Warriors, or Thousand Sons. I realize TS won't be out until Book 7 which might not be out till 2017 so I guess they're out.

Additionally, I like Garro's new model and while I know he acts as an HQ unit, he'd still be cool to use.

Please help me. Also, I know Blood Angels come out with Book 6. Any chance FW will show off some of their specific units before then? Sanguinus or Raldoron possibly?
>>
>>43955385
What do you like more about the hobby? Gaming or painting? If they're equal to you, go with Iron Warriors. Sons of Horus, right now, are very hard to make work competitively.

>Blood Angels

Probably won't see anything about their special stuff until February at the HH Weekender.
>>
>>43955078
Wew. That's probably the height of Asterion Moloch, only a lot skinnier and weaker.

Really one of the key defining traits of Marines is their broadness relative to their height, in combination with long legs so they don't look like Ogryns.
>>
I used to go to Bell of Lost Souls for GW news, but the site has become endless clickbait. What should I replace it with?

>>43955385
Some say the earlier legions are underpowered, including Sons of Horus. But they look great.
>>
>>43955668
Battle Bunnies or War of Sigmar. Even Faeit 212 isn't bad if you don't mind that they publish everything farfetched rumor.
>>
>>43955668
I use natfka, he publishes EVERYTHING so its up to you to believe what is and isnt bullshit. Fitting for rumors.
>>
>>43954855
All legions had all marks of armor at some point during the heresy. Even if it was just 40 suits of mk VI from the pre-prototype phase, it would still be more than enough to justify it in an army. Marks 2, 3, 4, and 5 are no different.
>>
>>43955385
I'm in the same boat. I want an army that can incorporate some 50-60 cultist models as militia/cults allies. I've narrowed it down to IW, with SoH and WB at a close second, but I feel as if everyone is going for Iron Warriors these days.
>>
>running Vulkan on his own
What do you guys think about this? Obviously only something to do if your opponent isn't packing a lot of lascannons.

On his own he's immune to Plasma, will only be wounded on a 6+ from melta and any volkite.

Autocannons will only wound him on a 4+ and he has a 2+ save so he's good.

The only threat really is Lascannons and the D.

I feel like I'm wasting his special rules and toughness if I field him with a retinue as it will be majority toughness 4.

>getting swamped in CC
Can't see him ever loosing combat with his special attack and he can actually Sweeping advance pretty well as he doesn't have the Salamander rule.
>>
>>43955668

Faeit and War of Sigmar

Battle Bunnies and Bolter and Chainsword for HH specific stuff. There are probably a few others worth checking out.

Like another Anon said, the only downside to Faeit is that he really doesn't bother to do anyt filtering, even if the source as proven to be pulling stuff out of their ass every single time in the past.
>>
>>43955843
Alpha Legion were big on militias.
>>
What's the best way to equip two Terminator Squads that are part of a Pride of the Legion detachment? I normally I guess would do melee, but I already have a Locutarus Storm Squad and an Invictarus Suzerain squad rolling Ultramarines.
>>
File: IMG_1044.jpg (216 KB, 719x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1044.jpg
216 KB, 719x800
>>43940203
I cut the leg joints so the legs were a bit more pose-able.
>>
>>43955564
I think he's one of the bigger marines say 10 to 11ft.
>>
>>43954520
That's a false equivalency.

We know officers (who are usually vastly different aesthetically, using rank-and-file guardsmen as Company Commanders is a shitty stand-in) are W3 due to plot armor, not actual durability.

And what is your army's theme?
>>
>>43955885
> isn't packing a lot of lascannons

Well, he halves their strength incoming, so he should be fine.

I saw a friend ran a list with Vulkan and a squad of Pyroclasts in a Dreadclaw.

Turn 1 Vulkan got out and abandoned them, once he assumed all the big guns were/would be removed from the picture. Otherwise, he hung out with the Pyroclasts to stay alive longer.
>>
>>43956055
That's Primarch size, that can't be right.

>>43956223
That and officers are more experienced than your average trooper and have been injured and witnessed blows and recoveries above the ken of a line solider. A solid wound to the torso that would shock and flap a guardsman and send him clutching himself to the ground would make a commissar roll away from the blow and grit his teeth harder, take a few moments inbetween the action which only a wise fighter could discern and keep on fighting.

Not that this would help against an attack strong enough to reduce said Commissar's head to rhubarb compot however, so extra wounds remains valid as an alternative to simply raising T values. And for cases where a whole wound would be too far, we have Feel No Pain.
>>
>>43955385
Sons of Horus are neat, IW and TS are a dime a dozen so I would go with the underrepresented Sons.

Banestrike Shells are decent if you have tons of shots.
Justearins get Deep Strike with the RoW. 5 Points more than most other Termies though.
Also Reaver Squads can be pretty nifty with 15 man jump packs squads or Dreadclaw spam.
Add Loken and suddenly you're loyalists.
Seeker Squads are fairly decent with Sons too since they get Banestrike on top of their other ammo types and fill out the mandatory FA slots.
>>
>>43956381
>That's Primarch size, that can't be right.
10 to 15 feet is Primarch sized, and some marines have been described as hulking brutes even by other marines. I think the Exorcists have such a man.
>>
So for a veteran squad, when equipping Missile Launchers and upgrading to Flakk, is it 10 points per missile launcher or 10 points for the whole squad?
>>
>>43956494
>on top of their other ammo types
They have to trade out Scorpius for it. Up to you whether the increased mobility is worth the loss of stopping power at >9"
>>
>>43955668
Natfka combined with this handy reference so you can verify the legitimacy of the rumormonger: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/448304.page
>>
>>43956842
If it was for the whole squad, it would say "...for the squad"
>>
>>43956343
Did it work well?

>Well, he halves their strength incoming, so he should be fine.
There one of the few things he doesn't IIRC.

It's only Melta, Plasma, Flamer, Volkite and Fusion
>>
>>43956724
Primarchs are generally around 9' for short ones like Angron and Lorgar and 10-11' otherwise. Magnus was a freak at 15', but he's not the rule. In any case "hulking brute by marine standards" doesn't mean 1.5 times the average, that's monstrous.

>>43956856
Scorpio rounds are probably the worst of all the special bolt rounds in 30K and 40K. People take Seekers for the small blasts, and Scorpio and Kraken are a small but rarely needed bonus. Banestrikes however fill a role so they're valuable.
>>
>>43956343
>>43956921

It doesn't.
>>
There's a troll going around posting the above SJW copypaste in threads, just ignore it.
>>
>>43956931
Is this copy-pasta or something?
>>
>>43956921
>>43956956
Wait...

What actually are fusion weapons?
>>
>>43956990
Eldar (and Tau but they're aren't in 30K) melta weapons. Plus any weapon that includes fusion in its name to sound fancy or whatever.

Frankly I think it's weird Vulkan doesn't get the same protection against Pyromancy spells, not that anyone casts them.
>>
>>43956958
No. Report it, THEN ignore it
>>
>>43956935
Wait isn't Vulkan bigger than Horus in normal power armor while Horus is his termie armor.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.