[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #605: Eldritch Laughter Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43922594
>>
>>43939354
I know Infamous and Fallout have perks that give you bullet time. Oddly enough, The Matrix does not.
>>
>>43939658
Sleeping Dogs.
Halo, I think.
Some jump gives you bullet time so long as you stand still and do nothing, can't remember. Seems like it's based off a roguelike, might be Generic Roguelike or something.
>>
>>43939354
SAO has a perk for enhanced reflexes. It's technically not time stop so I'll say Code Geass has a geass that accelerates your perception to where it seems to be that point. No More Heroes has one that also slows things down as a special buff after certain kills. InFamous has one that slows things down to 10% of your normal speed. I think PMD also had a perk regarding reaction time.
>>
>>43939658
>>43939707
Time Stop is in Madoka and Bravely Default.
Code Geass has something like that, but it stops everyone else's perception of time, so they freeze in place. Time still moves, however,
>>
>>43939354
Elite Beat Agents gives you time dilation. Combo it with another perk and you can also dilate time while doing non dance things, like fighting, running or driving.
>>
Dishonored has an ability where the first level slows time for everyone else by 50% for a full 12 seconds, and the second level stops it, while still allowing you to move normally, for 8 seconds.

You can also get an ability that allows you to share this with your companions.

For that reason it's one of the best of the bunch, IMO.
>>
File: hello its me.png (157 KB, 425x200) Image search: [Google]
hello its me.png
157 KB, 425x200
Jumpers, how do you make an entrance?
>>
>>43940093
Just get a time freeze Stand.
>>
File: 1424037664392.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1424037664392.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>43940263
Gloriously.
>>
>>43938692
6. Dodgeball
Origin: The New Guy, Age: 23
Perks: Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge (-300), All I Know is the Dyke Can Play (-100), Screwball (-600)
Items: Gym Uniform, The Executive Desk (-100)
Some of My Best Friends Are Dodgeball Players
Drawbacks: The Check Bounced (+100)

Analytics from Infamous, Sweetest Widdle Eyes from Generic Sugarbowl, Natural Instinct and Hyperkinesis from PMD, and Physical Fitness and Savant from Pokemon, and now Dodge Duck Dip Dive Dodge and Screwball. I'm a better dodgeballer than any normal human could ever be, and I have no way to turn it off that isn't jobbing. So I use it for good causes, like keeping someone's business open or donating to charity. Also, supplementing my filing job by hustling games.

Weirdly enough, this is the first time I've considered dating since the chain started. At Least The Dyke Can Play can be used to remove the effects of the cuteness perks from people I want to date. Now, I'm a grown up with a job and no one to look after, so the sky's the limit on rejection.

>>43940263
Depends on the territory. I'll usually just take advantage of blending in perks to just be someplace, since that's pretty fun. My options are pretty limited at this point, so it's the best I can do.
>>
If you're here Brows, could I make Living Weapons using the Artificial Parasite perk from Skullgirls?

If not, would a plethora of science perks make a difference or is it something you simply can't do?

I think they're very similar, but they're different enough that I don't know if it would work.
>>
File: SCP hazards 2.png (1 MB, 4146x2390) Image search: [Google]
SCP hazards 2.png
1 MB, 4146x2390
Jumpers, how do you decide on what drawbacks to?

Do you think about how much points they give you? How hard they'll be to overcome/survive? How much damage they'll do to the world?
>>
>>43940844
After my first couple of Jumps, I pick the 600 CP I feel like I can live with the most easily. I need my points, and most drawbacks aren't that bad once you have some Jumps under your belt.

Generally I'll go for the requisite "some person wants you dead" one. They're easy enough to deal with - being an out-of-context problem who knows all their secrets means even if they're dangerous in-setting I can usually deal with them easily enough.
>>
>>43940844
How much fun they sound, also how many I think I can handle for as many points I can get for my build. I like points.
>>
>>43940844
Priority is based mainly on if I think I can handle it. I rarely ever pick up the big "world is screwed" ones unless I'm absolutely confident I can deal with them (which is usually only the case for low power jumps) quickly enough. Never go for the memory loss ones but I do sometimes go for the power loss if plot bullshit is easily avoidable.
>>
>>43940950
I go for "brought down to normal" ones pretty regularly. It helps me avoid losing touch, and makes sure I don't get sloppy relying on powers instead of keeping my skills honed
>>
>>43940844
Mostly dependent on fun. Like having a missing body part in Pirates of the Caribbean so I could have a peg leg. Nothing overtly difficult bit makes the writing more interesting.

Sometimes I do take some of the harder difficulty ones now but only cause I'm 100 Jumps in so it keeps things interesting if I don't just curbstomp everything immediately.
>>
>>43940844
Does it affect my mind? Does it fuck anyone else over? Is it fun?
>>
This may be a dumb question but how much does it cost to import companions in legend or Spyro? I can't find the import option.
>>
>>43941158
I know it's in the update. Are you looking at that? Might not have been in the old one.
>>
>>43941243
I thought I was checking the newest one. I can see the cost for companion creation, mass companion creation and cannon character purchase. I may be blind but I can't find the cost for import.
>>
>>43941314
I think the mass option is the import.
>>
>>43937884
"What are you doing in here? This is the treasure chamber!"

"I'm not doing anything."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm not doing anything, unless you count talking. Is talking a crime?"

"No, you're trespassing. You're coming with us."

"We already established that I'm not doing anything. Trespassing is a thing. I'm not trespassing."

"Why are your pockets so full of gold?"

"I'm not stealing, if that's what you're thinking. If I was I would be doing something."

"Could you leave?"

"Only if you carry me. Walking is a thing, and if I was doing things I'd be trespassing in the royal treasury with intent to rob the crown. Do you want to explain how a thief got into the treasure chamber?"

A few seconds later I'm being carried out of the palace by guards carrying Humperdick's warchest, and anyone who tries to arrest me is told not to touch me or I'll become a criminal.
>>
Has anyone tried to make a fast food chain in one of their jumps?
>>
>>43942089
We have limits to our depravity.
>>
>>43941728
this is amazing.

Unrelated, I am trying to decide which is better for an ultimate form: King of the G.I.F.T.S, or a winged Centaur made from a Drow and a Unicorn.

Now, I am not actually sure if we are allowed to go beyond those links that Forgotten Realms links to, but if we can then the centaur thing is only a cr5, vs a cr3 large monstrous spider + drow mix.

For those wondering, this is using the Tauric Creature template, which lets you mix a humanoid and creature kind of like a centaur, cr is the creature + 1. Winged is also a +1 cr template.
Hell, if I am entering template hell, then a giant monsterous spider has 17 dex and is a cr5. add in Tauric and Winged for a CR of 7. Add in 10 additional heads for a +4 cr, and Lernaean for another +2, and I cannot be killed unless it is magic, or all of my heads are removed, all for a cr of 13, or 1300 cp. Someone please help tell me I can't do this or I am going to move on to template helling something good and it will take 9 days
>>
>>43942089
Jumper Kabal's Family Corpsestarch; we put the u and the i in quality.
Commorragh was a strange jump.

>>43942204
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>43942343
were you drunk most of the time during the jump because that might explain a few thing.
>>
>>43942362
No, just even more amoral than usual and hopped up on pain. Also a Mandrake, which really helped keep material costs low.
>>
How do points work in the Light of Terra? You start with none and have to buy a companion, then get a list of items. How does any of that Jump work at all?
>>
>>43942396
Light of Terra is a gauntlet. You take drawbacks in order to get points, but in return your points can be extended throughout your stay. Read it carefully, a lot of it is explained in the jump
>>
>>43942396
Point costs carry over between sections (Teef are different, though), and work retroactively. So long as you have 0+ at the end, you're good.
>>
>>43942396
Drawbacks are mandatory. Yes, breaking the deadlight counts as a drawback.
>>
>>43942405
>Light of Terra is a gauntlet.
No it isn't. None of the usual gauntlet rules apply, save not getting the starting CP.
>>
>>43942408
>>43942406
>>43942405
Thank you. Now onto surviving. How capable are each of the companions? How good are the Tau at diplomacy, how annoying are the machine spirit rituals, and how successful is the Tomb Spider in flat out killing everything?
>>
File: 1439983944475.jpg (33 KB, 299x301) Image search: [Google]
1439983944475.jpg
33 KB, 299x301
>>43942412
>plot
>powerless
>zero start points
>>
>>43942514
As per >>43942412, since it isn't a gauntlet with the death waiver in place, only a jump with power limiters and no CP, you should probably reconsider going there in the single digits. Even if you were to rely on your companion to survive, it's very likely you'll die out of some completely random cause - mental instability, disease, sickness, food, stray bullet, and so forth. If you're insistent on doing it, find a companion who can remove essential needs from you like eating, drinking, bodily functions, and so forth.

You'll need to make basically a checklist of "how would my normal human self survive on a completely foreign planet and what would my key needs be?" and see if you can somehow address all the points while meeting the Light objectives.
>>
>>43942564

>Actually losing the chain if you get killed instead of just not getting the prize.
>>
>>43942514
there are some jumps in the chain that are designed so you could survive it even if it was the first jump with almost any type of build. Light of Terra is not one of them. If you don't go in with substantial experience or prepare to break the deadlight, be prepared for a bad end.
>>
>>43942577
Wouldn't a combination of Luck of the Damned and the perk that gives you unwavering faith for something be enough to ward off most random accidents and insanity? All of the companions have attributes that help avoid those problems.

The Tau is specifically equipped and trained in not dying in situations like this, and has enough equipment for you to borrow. He'll be happy to train you in using it and won't immediately start firing the second she sees a human because they're a heretic.

The Necron Tomb Spyder will be able to repair basically anything, fight basically anything, and heal you from basically anything. He won't be helpful in diplomacy, but you won't need much help when you have a robot capable of doing repair work that would take most people years. If you're going to die of hunger, eat something poisonous and he'll replace your stomach. If you don't go too far with replacements it can be helpful.

Enginseer Brutus will be overjoyed at repairing the ship and gives you the best equipment of any companion. The armor will never break, and you and him will instantly be allied with the Kin of Iron.

I'm not picking Carwyn because of the mindrape, but she or he has anticipated all of this. You'll be prepared for anything.

I'm not picking the Mekboy because the drawbacks are really bad. If you did, nothing would stand in your way. Nothing. The laws of physics and sanity will be banished like the unholy tools of Chaos that they are.
>>
>>43942675
I would start with perks that give me technological, survival, melee, and shooting skills and buy the memory implant to remember all of it, but my Jumper wouldn't do that. He would Jump it late in his chain after getting a lot of powers and have trouble without them. It wouldn't be a problem if my chain started now, but chains aren't real.
>>
>>43942689
Well are you breaking the Deadlight or not? There are implications both ways.
>>
>>43942326

Fatten up their warriors so its harder for them to stop you, plus why fight when you habe nice belly rolls?

>>43942343
Nice, corpsepatties seems to be a great way to necromance
>>
>>43942711
I'm not doing either for sure. I'm still early in my chain and can build for it before I go. I'm trying to find the easiest way to survive without breaking the deadlight. It doesn't seem like Jumping there now will work out well.
>>
>>43942723
We have no clue what "preparations" you have, but if you do break the deadlight, your companion will die and be replaced. If you don't break the deadlight, you'll have no perks besides body mod body, and your general experience.
>>
>>43942564
>plot
Scenarios are common enough, as are jumps with strongly-pushed plotlines and even some with non-time-based objectives.

>powerless
Simply having the fairly-common power removal drawback as an opt-out instead of an opt-in.

>zero start points
More are given are fairly regular intervals throughout the chain, albeit often tied to drawbacks, and they can be spent retroactively.

Meanwhile, most importantly, standard failure rules apply instead of Gauntlet failure rules.
>>
>>43942754
I don't have any. I'm not going to Jump it until I do. I would take it near the end of my chain if I could avoid the problem of being used to doing things with powers.
>>
>>43942723
>The easiest way to survive: Learning perks, teaching perks, skill perks, and a perk blocker.

Skill perk + Teaching perk to write a book for you to study, and then you block the skill perk with the perk blocker. Master it using the learning perk. Rinse. Repeat. You now retain some semblence of that skill in LoT.
>>
>>43942762
>Scenarios are common enough
Really? We only have 1 other jump like LoT, and that's Fall from Heaven. The "scenarios" like in Harry Potter and Skyrim are something completely different and entirely optional.
>>
>>43942776
You don't have to do that, using skills counts as developing skills. It's not like you will lose all of your hours of experience with a gun just because you originally picked up the skill to use them with a perk. At most the perk blocker would help you to get used to being at a human level with those skills.
>>
>>43942807
Read Biomega, and some of the longer jumps, particularly anything by dirge_ they have such scenarios.
>>
>>43942807
>The "scenarios" like in Harry Potter and Skyrim are something completely different and entirely optional.
It was a comparison, not "these are exactly the same thing." Hence the rest of the line.
>>
>>43942776
What is the best way to completely break LoT, clearing it easily instead of after a desperate struggle.
>>
>>43942821
Every single jump has plot and objectives, I'm saying there's nothing in the entirety of jumpchain that compares to Fall from Heaven and Light of Terra. Trying to compare those jumps to others just because they have "scenarios" or "plot" is like comparing apples and oranges.
>>
>>43942830
Be very powerful and break the deadlight.
>>
>>43942808
It stops a lot of the beginners mistakes, which are usually better to unlearn rather than skip over. Those also help with teaching others, which is a genuine concern when you're dependent on an army.

>>43942830
Take it as your final next to jump after doing every other jump but your endjump and break the deadlight.
>>
>>43942848
Not that guy, but. Can't LoT BE an endjump?
>>
>>43942864
It's not an official endjump like DBZ is so you won't get the spark but yes you can end on any jump you'd like.
>>
>>43942847
>>43942848
Without breaking the Deadlight. If it helps I have the maximum rank of senses from Bodymod. It'll be hard to sneak up on me.
>>
>>43942884
No, Part 3 actually does have endjump segments for Deadlight-Breakers and Deadlight-Preservers.

They're just not done, and likely will never be finished unfortunately.
>>
File: itsallonebigjoke.png (24 KB, 100x148) Image search: [Google]
itsallonebigjoke.png
24 KB, 100x148
>>43942889
>not breaking the deadlight
>no desperate struggle
>>
>>43942902
It's not a joke. It would be a struggle, but not a desperate struggle where you're constantly clinging to life. Especially considering some of the benefits you get in part 2 and 3. The DLCs are helpful too.
>>
>>43942889
Grab the strength boost from part one, and either a companion who gives you armour or the implant armour from part one. Then buy as many weapons loaded onto mechadendrites as you think you can hold up. Get the auto aim things for them too. Now you're a walking pile of deadly weapons, and so long as you don't go up against a lot of enemies at once by yourself you'll be able to do good against most of the enemies you fight. Then just always have your minions with you. Always.
>>
>>43942916
I think it's generally recognized that the tough part lies in trying to survive part 1 with no perks and just body mod. though if anyone is inclined, it'd be interesting to see who thinks they could survive part 1 without body mod, perks, or experience, just their real life body as if LoT was your first jump.
>>
File: My entrance.png (714 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
My entrance.png
714 KB, 1024x768
>>43940263
Dynamically.
>>43940844
No bad luck drawbacks After Beshaba’s Tribulation I found out how bad they can be, no more I shy away from lose "all your power drawbacks" Unless it's a place where trained normals can be relevant,Seldom a Amnesia drawbacks I hate having to Relearn Everything,never ever a companion dies drawback, We've come to too far together And it's wrong.
>>
>>43942937
In all fairness, you make it to the shops without any fighting, so it's not like it's going to be you exactly as you are.
>>
>>43942937
Sure, given some context I'm pretty sure I could take getting enough UPGRADES! from the Spyder to survive it.
Probably be stronger than my Body Mod body anyway.
>>
>>43942935
How many Jumps of prior firefighting and survival would it take for that to work? If possible I want to get the tribes on my side instead of fighting them. A lot of my confidence in surviving the Jump involves working with my companion and the tribes to keep myself out of danger and taking perks that keep me from dying by random occurrences.

Before I decide when I'm going to plan the Jump, how hard is the Light of Terra? I know it's one of the hardest Jumps in the folder and that 40K is one of the worst universes.
>>
>>43942830

There's what I like to call

LoT Your a Fucking Cheater Mode

Optional Step 0 - Have already taken the Commorragh jump, and have taken Pre-Fall Science. If so get the memory implant.

Step 1. Don't take the companions that have risky scenes during part 2.
Step 2. Have all tribes ally with you and don't take any drawbacks for part 1.
Step 3. Take Sky Filled With Steel for 500 more cp. Skip the battle at the end.
Step 4. Take a Grand Day Out, take the simplest options, and get power while Magus baby sits you.
>>
>>43942993
You could argue that for the stakes and circumstances, Light of Terra is the hardest jump in the chain barring Fall from Heaven's DLC add on. You don't exactly have the option of "well I'll just walk away from the plot" and if you're comparing each jump in terms of difficulty without assessing the chain beforehand (so looking at each jump individually), then yeah the inherent difficulty in Light of Terra outstrips a lot of things. Even after sufficient upgrades in part 3, you might still fumble and lose it all against the Chaos ships, whereas in most other jumps by the end game you should have a pretty good handle on things.

The reward does make most jumps pretty easy since you can just sit around in the Light and let events happen without a care in the world, so it makes sense that it's hard.
>>
>>43942993
Well, considering you can buy aim bots and I'm pretty sure you can buy skill with weapons, you can become insanely deadly right off the bat, no prior experience necessary, you just have to take a fair few drawbacks to buy all the skills you didn't have before. Going in with at least a few dozen jumps under your belt and buying the memory implant will make it a lot easier points wise at least, and since needing points leads to drawbacks that make it harder on you that can make all the difference.
>>
>>43942998
How do you keep from being corrupted by Magus? You're empowering one of the most evil people in 40k to get out of the Warp and spread evil. The suffering he's going to cause will be spectacular.
>>
>>43942998
>Optional Step 0 - Have already taken the Commorragh jump, and have taken Pre-Fall Science. If so get the memory implant.
This is one of the best things to do for LoT really, hell just the, intimate, knowledge of physiology that being a dark eldar is going to give you is a nice thing to have in LoT. After all, torture is all about keeping your victim alive as long as possible, being a dark eldar should thus give you a great deal of skill and first hand experience at keeping people alive.
>>
>>43943044

No clue, but the question was

>What is the best way to completely break LoT, clearing it easily instead of after a desperate struggle.

Not how to do so morally.
>>
>>43943048
You would have to engage in some unspeakably evil stuff to be a good Dark Eldar. Would anyone's actual self do that if they were going through a Chain? If you didn't care about being evil you could let tyranids eat all but one of the factions and clear the ship while you repair it or break the Deadlight and work for one of the chaos gods. I understand being really evil and doing unspeakable things is par for the course in Warhammer. Some things are so disgusting I wouldn't want to do them in real life even if it meant a spaceship.
>>
>>43943057
You're right. Your advice was completely sound. There could not be a way to clear LoT morally.
>>
>>43942953
I'm sure there's someone badass enough to beat LoT exactly as they are with no purchases or upgrades
>>
>>43943070

This kind of depends on what options they've taken previously, how long they jumped for, and how they determine how jumps are selected.

Assuming you don't decide to get the spark early (do to how the Dragon Ball End Jump can be easily interpreted as unlosable for the non-xenoverse route) enough jumps could easily cause you to change a lot.
>>
>>43943070
>Would anyone's actual self do that if they were going through a Chain?
...I took Wanted and Damned in Pokemon jump, so free trauma and aversion to society, and am desu not a very nice person IRL. Honestly, after that kind of shit, plus wanting to take Harlequin in the upcoming Eldar jump and the fact that Commorragh jump has an inbuilt morality-dampener... yeah, I could see it.
Mind you, I'd probably stick mostly to other Dark Eldar, Orks, Tau, Chaos lovers and the like thanks to my ever-so-slight HFY tendencies and the mentioned Harlequin time, so I'm not sure how much help any of that would actually be for trying to keep myself alive through biology, but hey.
>>
>>43943149
I'm pretty sure navy seals don't browse /jc/, anon
>>
File: BAA09_84_Ouroboros.jpg (83 KB, 535x448) Image search: [Google]
BAA09_84_Ouroboros.jpg
83 KB, 535x448
>>43935349

Ouroboros from GUNNM is for doing exactly this. You can also hook it up to computers to manipulate the scenario directly.
>>
File: Whataguy.jpg (36 KB, 287x400) Image search: [Google]
Whataguy.jpg
36 KB, 287x400
>>43943154
I have the perk from Robocop that says I'll always be me, regardless of what happens. I would never be that insanely evil.

>>43943161
The strategy posted would work well for you. For someone who doesn't want to Jump Commorragh like that, the other Warhammer Jump has Adepteus Mechanicus knowledge.

>>43943149
There is.
>>
>>43943161
>desu
Huh. I don't even remember what word that replaced.
>>
>>43943149
Only someone charismatic, vehicular skilled, mechanically competent, generally capable, in excellent physical condition, and has a plethora of meta-knowledge on the setting should attempt such a thing.

In other words I'm saying it should only be attempted by Vin Diesel.
>>
>>43943265

>I have the perk from Robocop that says I'll always be me, regardless of what happens. I would never be that insanely evil.

If you mean 'Anon, it's you' while it says you will always be you well to be completely honest that perk is a horrible trap option if it doesn't let you change at all over time.

It also doesn't say if it's the 'you' from now, or the 'you' after experiencing anywhere from decades to millennia(depending on if you count background time as 'real' or not) before getting to that jump.

However if it is the 'you' from before I have a few question, and examples for why I think it's a trap option.

1. Can you abandon everyone you know and care about constantly every ten years with the risk of never being able to return, knowing that if you don't keep doing so you will have to abandon them all permanently?

2. Can you actually handle having countless lives added to you knowing that if you fail everyone from all those worlds that isn't your enemy will have to deal with you having mysteriously vanished and as far as they know died?

3. Can you fight until you have no hope to win and keep fighting?

4. If not do you have the determination to fix everything and gain the power needed to fight beings of god-like power?

5. If you don't want to fix everything can you handle having to fight in a battle where galaxies are used as throwing weapons?

6. Can you handle the risks of scamming three multiversal creator deities?

7. Can you actually make it though the Light of Terra or Warhammer 40000s endgame routes?

Also I don't consider 'will power' perks a valid answer because if your not already able to and those change it than it's not really 'you as you are now'.

Also on a side note I'm not saying you should go evil, but that if 'you' can't answer yes to the above questions you will do horribly if you take that perk absolutely literally.
>>
>>43943284
I dunno man, I'd give even odds to Jackie Chan if his companion was a baby, and Dolph Lundgren.
>>
>>43943417

The tribes probably have babies. Does that count?
>>
>>43943417
>someone visits multiple alt-earths across the jumps
>Hollywood, fashion designer, etc.
>They've been podding and companion-ing an A-Team of multiple Jackie Chans, Vin Diesels, brought Bruce Lee and Marlon Brando back to life, etc.
>Then they make it to the LoT and break the deadlight and step back

And that's how 40k was saved.
>>
>>43943381
I'm not taking that perk absolutely literally. It says I'll always be human no matter what form I'm in, which I take to mean that I won't accidentally become something really alien. I assume it's going to keep Origins from screwing with me as much, because my being completely someone else after taking one wouldn't be staying "me." I'm not assuming it keeps me exactly as I am from the second I take the perk. Taking a perk like that would be robbing myself of centuries of maturity and personality growth. Theoretically it would let me Jump Commorragh without being evil at all.

This is kind of weird. Usually I'm really cautious about which Jumps I take and will only Jump a world if I know for sure I'm going to survive. After having this conversation and reading everything I was being really optimistic about my ability to survive by relying on companions and a few Perks. I considered writefagging how I thought it would work and posting it so the thread could tell me when something would have gone wrong, but the first post would have gathered a lot of "You're dead already" or "X thing would have messed that up" posts. I'll need to Jump this after the other Warhammer 40k Jump gives me knowledge of Archeotech or skip it.
>>
>>43943540

Technically if it only keeps you from becoming really alien it doesn't keep you from eventually turning evil. Sure you would just be human level evil, but well that's our only non-fictional example.

Also do note that if you want to use the Pre-Fall Science option it's completely possible to skip the insanely evil requirement if your willing to take some risks.
>>
The only way that I think one would be ready for LoT is to do any other Warhammer 40k jump and limit usage of powers, preparation.

Also spend a few jumps just practicing the skills you might need, works better if you have a depowered alt form or some power limiter while you practice.

Question, can you break Deadlight at ANY time within jumps?

Do you only get LoT ship if you don't break deadlight? Or you get it anyway and it's simply the other additional stuff you don't get?

Who wanted the Fortress instead?
>>
Here's a dilemma.

If a perk let's you learn a skill super fast and then after learning you just practice it but less than one would have to to originally achieve that skill...

And then you go to LoT...

What level of skill mastery you at? The skill level you were at when you started practicing, due to memory and muscle memory or you at the level a general person would be after practicing as long as you did?
>>
>>43943609

>can you break Deadlight at ANY time within jumps?

You can break it any time before part 1 finishes.

After that it becomes unbreakable(you then for some reason carry it with you everywhere despite the fact that your the only one it seems to affect.).

>Do you only get LoT ship if you don't break deadlight? Or you get it anyway and it's simply the other additional stuff you don't get?

You get the ship regardless. Not breaking the dedlight lets you skip having to have a boss battle, and lets you get a C'tan power most of which would probably kill you and everyone nearby if you try using them.
>>
>>43943623
I'd say the latter. LoT doesn't wipe your memories.

>>43943609
>Deadlight

Theoretically, although from what I understand Babylon Guy did not plan for this. Probably falls into the netherealm of "fanwank something" territory

>LoT ship

Oh no, you get that regardless if you survive

>Fortress

It's a choice between C'tan powers and the fortress not the fortress and the ship. Also, me.
>>
>>43943623
You can end up at the limit of that skill for what your body mod body supports. Like if you never so much as picked up a medical book before you got the learning perks or whatever, you could still be a world class doctor in LoT.
>>
>>43943637
>kill you and everyone nearby if you try using them

Well, unless you pull an ASA and seduce yours.
>>
>>43943581
I'm going to look at that Jump and see what I can buy. I would do that and Jump it with no problem if I wasn't roleplaying it that my Jumper isintercepted between Jumps because of how Light of Terra starts, and wouldn't actively have time to prepare. I was going to focus on not dying and let my companion and the tribes do the repair work. I'm really disappointed it's so
brutal. It's completely justified and an incredibly well made Jump, but to keep roleplaying like I was I have to think about what options I would pick if I didn't know what I needed for Light of Terra.
>>
>>43943637
>he isn't immune to nuclear hellfire
LaughingMutantSluts.webm
>>43943656
He turned it into a girl first, well nuclear hellfire elemental, but sentient/sapient and female.
>>
>>43943685
Did he? I thought he spent thousands of years in civ jump wooing it with music or something first.

Either way, probably seems like something out of a Lovecraft story to any observing companions
>>
>>43943663

If your referring to Commoragh note two things

1. You can get soul stone with the right location giving you a substitute to pain.

2. Being a dark elder is a perk so you can just not take it.

Although yeah this doesn't actually help if you can't get to the other stuff first IC, and/or can't think of another reason to get it.
>>
>>43943694
Yea he did it with Sentient Elemental Conjuration, which is a magic you can possibly get in Shadow Ops. Personally I bought Portamancy, so no hellfire elementals for me.
>>
>>43943700
Yeah, that's the problem. I suppose I could break the Deadlight, but the routes that come with that are really depressing. I'll probably skip it and screw around in the other Warhammer Jumps instead.
>>
>>43942830
0. Prepare for hell,You're going to be away from Your companions for a long time,Also literally compare by training in Martial arts, urban survival, and diplomacy, diplomacy is especially Important in the first Two parts, your building a Colony after all.
1. Have a strategy,For each section ,My first section Strategy to was to make friends with everyone who wasn't A asshole And have The pale sons and void Walkers work together to Vent Those assholes into space, And have the spider Seal up Wherever I was sleeping and stand guard This had the side benefit of not having to worry about losing a limb or something, in the end I had most of my upper torso and left leg replaced, and Remember It can also make guns so I was armed With a Gauss Flayer Early on.
2.Choose your enemies carefully And have a strategy for everyone, I cannot stress this enough you only have your memory and what you get there to work with,For example there's an evil space elf Trying to cut my skull hiding into the gap between the warp and real space,So I send a deathMark after him,And they become locked in Something not unlike a decades long snipers dual.
3.This extends to your ship upgrades as well,the iron blood doesn't have the accuracy to deal with a Belacane Pattern Void Shield, and a Æonic orb can defeat Most armor crafted by mortals,I went iron blood Route and Took advantage of this.
4. Remember you can run At a debt Unlike most other jumps it carries over, live modestly and take the DLC's that give you points for free, you don't have to to take drawbacks in the first part and indeed unless you are extremely careful you probably shouldn't take most of them, in fact the one that Puts the lights out is probably suicide.

>>43943609
>Or you get it anyway and it's simply the other additional stuff you don't get?
>Who wanted the Fortress instead?

Why would you want to the fortress when you can Turn into a black hole, or any of the other awesome stuff you get afterwords?
>>
>>43943381
>6. Can you handle the risks of scamming three multiversal creator deities?
which jump is that referring to?
>>
>>43943639
So even if I had a doctorate level skills in a thing at start of jump but kept practicing them so I knew this and that, i still only get the amount of skills a person would get if they learned for same amount of time as my practice time? But Anon, practicing and remembering stuff is easier than learning it in first place

Also, due to how you presented the choices Then I Choose you, Anon. You did say it's a choice between C"tan stuff, fortress, and you
>>
>>43943753
oh, probably Tenchi
>>
>>43943755
No, I mean you keep the doctorate level skills because at this point they're ingrained-backed up, if you will-in your memory, if it was higher than it normally would be.

>Spoiler

I don't know why you'd choose a obese neckbeard who hasn't washed for months with an obsession with oppai lolis and a fedora instead of cosmic powers or Necron technology but I'm flattered, I guess?
>>
>>43943753

Like said >>43943757 Tenchi Muyo. It has an endjump option that's basically 'Ruin the experiment the Choshin(three goddesses that made a multiverse for the experiment) are running to find a higher god, and survive'.
>>
Jumpers. Who is your waifu?

For me? it's you, Anon
>>
>>43943581
>Sure you would just be human level evil, but well that's our only non-fictional example.
Well, there's also the rest of nature. Nature a scary bitch.
>>
>>43943685

Okay so your immune to nuclear hellfire. There's still.

Pyreshards - Are flames that can burn any material. This should technically make it almost impossible to put out. Then you have the burning away thoughts, memories, skills, and experiences part. Hope you don't accidentally touch it.

Moulder of Worlds - Will drive you insane if you try to use it for anything interesting.

Antimatter Meteor - Creates an antimatter reaction that can be seen from space. Hope your regeneration is good enough to handle the reaction, and that you have something protecting your eyes from going blind from the light.

Cosmic Fire - Okay so your immune. Everything within several will be obliterated. Which means it should be hot enough to cause damage beyond that range. Oh and the powers hates you. Also hope you don't need air because that's probably burned away to.

Sentient Singularity - Useless for anything but causing 'doom few can even truly conceive of'. Considering the above powers destructive capacity that's at least everything in sight, you also do this by turning into a black hole. Which means the devastation is caused by everything within range flying towards you.

That's five out of nine that are dangerous to use. The other four consist of

Well of Urd - all it does is protect your items and damage your opponents.

Aspect of the Reaper - heal by draining life from your opponent. You can get something like this from other parts of the LoT.

Transliminal Stride - Teleportation less effective than you can get in Pokémon.

Transdimensional Thunderbolt - The safest and the only power that isn't easily rendered redundant.
>>
>>43943866
That's flattering. Thanks for that.

However, my waifu is Yuriko Suzushina from Raildex
>>
>>43944046
Honestly, Moulder of Worlds is probably the most useful, looked at as a decent reality-warping-luck perk.
>>
Hey Jumpers, what are some of the better biological engineering perks out there?
>>
>>43944046
Well, yeah? For most Jumpers the C'tan powers are a bit of a nuclear option-literally in some cases. The one hat trick you pull out when it's do or die and you're fighting against the odds against someone who just won't die or an immeasurable army.

Also saying you can get X from other jumps isn't really a valid criticism because that's true for just about almost anything.

Also, never underestimate the value of never losing your keys again.

That said, the Fortress is pretty good too for anyone who doesn't want to blow themself up by accident.
>>
>>43944074
Project W, preferably boosted by the Hypos gene from Resident Evil
Cobra-la biotechnology from GI Joe
Almost all the capstones from Geneforge
Either Medical and Biological Science or Biosculptor from Worm
Mad Biologist from Gargoyles
>>
>>43944046
>Moulder of Worlds - Will drive you insane if you try to use it for anything interesting.
>Not having enough brain power to use it for all the things
Come on, anon. Git gud.
>>
>>43943866
A wheezing Poke-a-girl Named Monique.
>>43944062
really? I interpreted it as a luck boost.
>>43944176
It needs brainpower? compound computation from Worm.
>>
>>43944077

>Well, yeah? For most Jumpers the C'tan powers are a bit of a nuclear option-literally in some cases. The one hat trick you pull out when it's do or die and you're fighting against the odds against someone who just won't die or an immeasurable army.

I think my original intent was mostly deciding to point out that a lot of the C'tan powers really aren't that useful.

>Also saying you can get X from other jumps isn't really a valid criticism because that's true for just about almost anything.

True. I suppose that invalidates the teleportation one.

The other however is something from the same jump. You can get something almost the same from either the Dark Elder or the Grand Day Out DLC.
>>
>>43944194
The C'tan are purely material beings or something. In some ways they're more hax than the Entities of Worm because their powers don't come from existing on a multiversal scale, but from being pure energy beings.

>needs brainpower

As usual Tera, you're vastly wanking perks to get what you want instead of going by canon feats. Assuming you can't jailbreak your Shard, I doubt even Accord could pull that off given by implication you'd need levels of information extending onto the quantum level to Mould at C'tan levels.
>>
>>43944194
Direct reality warping that requires you to account for every single atom in question. While mildly difficult, it's not that hard to come up with a good combo to get that to happen.
>>
>>43944211
Eh, fair enough. I just thought it was kind of obvious they weren't meant to be useful in day-to-day life, and were intended more as superweapons. I mean, the C'tan aren't exactly the most affable kind of energy monsters out there.

Oh yeah, Grand Day Out. I figured one advantage of Aspect of the Reaper is that whilst the psychic equivalent requires you to feed off

>an intelligent, self-willed creature not of the Warp (this power does not work on daemons, servitors, animals, and machines, for example)

The Aspect causes you to

>leech away your opponents strength and vitality, slowly aging them to replenish your own strength and force injuries you have taken to heal with incredible speed.

So while you probably can't feed on warp beings or robots, you probably have a little more breadth in that you can life-nom automatons or wildlife. Very handy if you have a thing against killing sentient beings but want to rank up your powerlevel, I'd think.
>>
>>43944046
Cosmic fire is best, because besides immunity to such things, including the lack of air that could result, there are other perks out there to aid you in controlling fire. Such as being several kinds of pyromancer, both magical and psychic, a firebender, have a blessing from a literal fire god, am a literal fire god, and having literal nuclear fusion magic. That said if you do have Infernal Sun from Touhou, you likely don't actually need Cosmic fire, but it's nice for the added fuck you I guess? Not like Transliminal Stride which you can't really stack on top of your other teleportation abilities.
>>
>>43944247
Bancho's problem is that instead of trying to come up with something creative his first instinct is to try and hope a single perk is powerful enough to save him the effort of justifying himself
>>
>>43944288
I like having both Infernal Sun and Cosmic Fire because canon feats for the more wanky abilities attributed to toohoos are difficult to assess when everyone defaults to shooting energy beams at each other because spellcard system, so I'm not quite sure how to ballpark the Infernal Sun.
>>
>>43943755
No. I wish people would stop spreading disinfo. Deadlight blocks your perks but doesn't erase your memories - so you won't lose ANY of your skills. It doesn't matter if you never used it after you bought it - at the moment you came to 40K you had intimate knowledge of that skill, and the Deadlight doesn't wipe your memories, so it won't take that away from you.

You will lose any supernatural elements, of course, and from that point on you might find your skills getting rusty if you don't practice them. But the "you lose all skills unless you actively used them recently" interpretation is made up out of whole cloth.
>>
>>43944285

>Eh, fair enough. I just thought it was kind of obvious they weren't meant to be useful in day-to-day life, and were intended more as superweapons. I mean, the C'tan aren't exactly the most affable kind of energy monsters out there.

True. Although it was less not having a day to day use and more that most of them are the kind of things too risky to use.

>So while you probably can't feed on warp beings or robots, you probably have a little more breadth in that you can life-nom automatons or wildlife. Very handy if you have a thing against killing sentient beings but want to rank up your powerlevel, I'd think.

I mostly figure if your the kind of person what would pick that power you probably considered picking the Dark Elder for this

>Can teach you how to feed on torment and suffering, healing and satiating yourself by harming others instead of resting or eating.

Also being willing to cause your target to age faster than normal but not being willing to kill them seems well odd.
>>
>>43943663
That's why I ignore the "you only keep your body mod body" caveat, and treat it as a standard "brought down to normal" drawback. Anything over peak human going away? Completely fair. Supernatural abilities staying if they're part of a specific supplement but not if they come from literally every other jump out there? That's not how Jumpchain works.
>>
>>43944307
Well the main issue with Infernal Sun is actually a lack of fusible material, so get a power that lets you generate water from nothing and you're solidly in the lead there. Though personally I grabbed both Infernal Sun and Cosmic Fire because it is nice to have them both. Besides Infernal Sun is about controlling nuclear reactions, and so being able to produce one with another power is a direct buff to it.
>>
>>43944384

This reminded me of something I found hilarious.

The beginning of the LoT clarifications has

>The Deadlight is effectively enforcing the regular rules of reality to keep out The Warp.

Meanwhile the only powers you can use(assuming you don't count the weirder bodymod stuff) are Warp based powers.
>>
>>43944384 #
I would wank that into happening somehow, but my fear of upsetting the thread and being disliked outweighs my desire to write about firing Nova Cannons and Tau diplomacy after Ace Attorney. If I was really going to wank it, I would go by the assumption that my surviving the the thing was planned by the necron at the end of the Jump and not assume things will be a desperate struggle of constant sorrow and death. Before I posted in the thread, the Jump didn't look that unbeatable if I picked the right companion and used the 800 CP at the end for not breaking the Deadlight to buy perks at the beginning.
>>
>>43944543

>If I was really going to wank it, I would go by the assumption that my surviving the the thing was planned by the necron at the end of the Jump

Well he kind of does imply that he did plan that, but then again his plan didn't exactly succeed either.
>>
>>43944211
>True. I suppose that invalidates the teleportation one.
Not even, because you can get better teleportation elsewhere in the jump. Free, even, if you can kill and skin that Mandrake.

>>43944543
>I would go by the assumption that my surviving the the thing was planned by the necron at the end of the Jump
Yeah, see, the problem with that is that the Necron thought you'd be breaking the Deadlight, so any such plans would be completely invalidated if you didn't.
>>
Say with clampmancy, you can put together stuff in no time if you have all the parts there right?
>>
>>43944620
...what's clampmancy? Is it some sort of magical engineering technique that involves the conceptual fusion of things?
>>
>>43944579
Huh. Everything is off the rails then. Unless the entire thing was a C'tan plan?

>>43944615
I could still benefit from the setups he created. The Necrons are vulnerable to single humans using their plans against them. Ciaphas Cain addition to the end of the Imperial Guard path never.
>>
>>43944647
FMA's alchemy with you visiting Truth. You get to do Clapmancy, clap your hands together and make it happen.
>>
>>43944620
>>43944716

If by parts you mean 'the chemical elements it's made of' and 'enough skill at alchemy' yes.
>>
Is there any way to turn multiple items of the same type, for example two magic swords, into a single item with the properties of the combined item?
>>
>>43944766
Aion has the Armsfusion Crafter (400 CP)

>This magical machine will merge any two weapons or pieces of armor placed into it into a single weapon or piece of armor. The two items need not be weapons or armor, but the must be similar. The machine is roughly the size of a coffin. When used the items merge so that it keeps the superior properties of each without stacking old properties. (For example sword A has +5 str. Sword B has +3 str as well as deals lightning damage. The resulting sword would have +5 str and lightning dmg.)
>>
>>43940263
I burst through the nearest wall and start a glorious dance number that introduces myself to everyone.
>>
>>43944766
In addition to the Armsfusion Carfter, which does a good job, Invader Zim has Duct tape fusion, which is ugly and takes time, but works fairly well. Iji has Nanomaster, a capstone that, among other things, let's you merge weapons together with just your nanofield.
>>
>>43944620
If you have all the parts, yeah, it's actually pretty simple. You're literally just rearranging and connecting the parts. That's how Edward repairs Alphonse whenever he gets damaged.

You can also do it with raw materials, but you have to know the chemical makeup, so it's obviously harder.

But if you have the parts all laid out, any idiot can do that. Then you just have to know how it fits together.
>>
>>43944046
>Moulder of Worlds - Will drive you insane if you try to use it for anything interesting.
>[citation needed]
>>
So suppose I'm attempting to build Adam as a Servant.

As in, the Adam of the original Garden of Eden.
What do you suppose his Noble Phantasm would be?

Hardmode: Stat interaction vs Lilith and Eve.
>>
>>43944439
Only those still don't work, because under normal reality "you, the random normal person who got spaced right outside the Light" doesn't have the abilities of "you, the space marine general and alpha level Psyker". Admittedly Warp Sorcery might still be doable but that's because it's more a skill than an ability by my understanding.
>>
>>43945108
His point, I believe, is that in the jump you can get and use warp-based psychic powers despite not breaking the deadlight, which is exactly what it should be blocking. From an in-universe perspective, obviously from a meta perspective it's just supposed to be a perk-blocker and story-brancher.
>>
>>43945103

From the jump itself

>Moulder of Worlds The C'tan represented perhaps the most powerful individual entities to exist in the physical world, so powerful that by force of will they could reshape worlds to shapes more pleasing to them. While directly forcing the local environment into the form you choose is possible with the greatest of effort, you risk losing yourself to madness as your mind tries and fails to account for every single molecule, every last atom of what you seek to change, something the C'tan found extremely enjoyable.

Note the following

> While directly forcing the local environment into the form you choose is possible with the greatest of effort, you risk losing yourself to madness as your mind tries and fails to account for every single molecule, every last atom of what you seek to change,
>>
>>43945173
Ah, my bad. Had seen the argument that 40k based abilities would remain despite the Deadlight once or twice (mostly on SB). Misread the post slightly and thought it was another of those.
>>
File: Dragonslayer.png (539 KB, 770x718) Image search: [Google]
Dragonslayer.png
539 KB, 770x718
>>43944046
>Antimatter Meteor - Creates an antimatter reaction that can be seen from space. Hope your regeneration is good enough to handle the reaction, and that you have something protecting your eyes from going blind from the light.

The real utility of this comes when you have a containment device ready, which is easy with a few superscience perks or even just native power - if you can create a vacuum and exert telekinetic force, you're basically good to go - making it a very good way of cheaply implementing Zekka's Dragonslayer...

And, once you move past the triviality of mere explosions, you can start creating larger objects of antimatter materials - assuming that what is created is a messy slurry of actual antimatter rather than just a dense packet of antihydrogen or something, but even then you can work with that.

You can do all this with just superscience, but it certainly cuts down drastically on the energy costs.
>>
>>43945108
>>43945231

It's what >>43945173 said. It's mostly that if it worked like the clarifications imply Grand Day Out should have had the following.

1. Not getting warp related powers and stuff, or at least not being able to use them.
2. Magus doing the equivalent of walking into a closed door when trying to leave the warp.
>>
>>43945106
Made from earth and given the breath of life, so give him earth elemental attacks. Really anything that could be construed to symbolize "earth" as an element is fine, including plantlife. Good with animals, good at tending to soil or gardening.
Attacking may take the form of earth, plant, or siccing animals on people.
Good at naming things (may, in fact, know the True Name of everything that exists on earth).
He does in fact know what shame of nakedness is. It's like a huge part of the story. He is also somewhat gullible.
He is missing a rib.

No idea what his Noble Phantasm would be. I would say it's probably anti-individual, though, because his interactions are largely on an individual basis (natch, there weren't exactly armies around at the time), but an intensely powerful one nonetheless.
>>
>>43945288
>Magus
Seen this a few times now. His name is Magnus, the perfectly normal human name, not Magus the ancient title, rpg class or Chrono Trigger character one day someone will make that jump, and no it won't be me.
>>
>>43945341
Think Wild Card is working on it.
>>
>>43944672
>I could still benefit from the setups he created.
Not bloodly likely. He expected you to break the deadlight, ie for you to have access to all your chain abilities. You didn't, so any such setups are going to be far, far beyond you.
>>
>>43945604
The solution is simple:

Take Light of Terra as your first jump.
>>
>>43945644

Second. You need at least a companion to finish part 1.
>>
>>43945644
That is brilliant.

This basically turns around the whole "Early Jumpers might not handle it"

Naw, they will handle it because their depowerment won't be too strong and they will still fit the plans without breaking deadlight.

Glorious
>>
Putting together a combo of perks for finding adventure and traveling on those adventures. So far it's looking like:

Locating: Dohvakin Rewards (TES), Dowsing (TES), Call To Greatness (S&S), Lost and Forgotten (S&S), Making of Myth (S&S), My Quest Senses Are Tingling (SAO).

Enjoyment/Travel: Heart Of A Child (Narnia), To Truly Live (S&S), The Heart Of Man (S&S), A Well Traveled Road (S&S), Wanderer's Luck (Cho Aniki), Slice Of Life (Raildex).

What other perks could I use to add to this set up and help keep my adventuring occupation going strong across the multiverse? What am I overlooking if anything here?
>>
>>43945856
Soul Calibur has a two, Forever Onward and Eternal Wayfarer.
You may also want to look at Guided by Wind as well.
>>
>>43945790
Uh...

Assuming you ARE breaking the Deadlight, don't you still.

You know.

Beat him in the boss battle? Even with Cultist-Chan/the two C'tan shards backing you up I don't think you'd stand a chance if it was your first jump.

Not to mention it basically means taking any of the DLCs is a death sentence.
>>
>>43945938
It makes all of Part 2 a fucking death sentence.
>>
>>43945938
*need to beat him in the boss battle.

Be a much better idea to have lots of jumps like MGS under your belt so you have lots of humanly possible skills to fall back on
>>
>>43945944
Heck, I'd even say it makes part 1 far riskier since it means you're much more dependant on your companion for relevant skills. And very few of them are going to hold your hand and let you cry on their shoulder if the stress of trying to fix the ship gets to you.
>>
>>43945856

Slayers has three perks that might help 'Orientation', 'Sense of Adventure', and 'Treasure Sense".
>>
>>43945938
Nonono.

See, if the plan made by him was so that you will eventually meet him and all was laid out so it actually happens, assuming you break the dead light.

Then you still fit the plans he made for you if you don't break it. Because, due to it being your second jump, there is no difference between you with broken deadlight and unbroken one.

And not breaking it let's you skip the battle.

So...?
>>
>>43945856
Aquaria has a couple of good ones, IIRC. I know for sure the King's Skull is pretty much a must buy for adventuring.

Oh, might want to pick up Don't Do It For Free from Borderlands. Getting hired to randomly do weird bullshit is part and parcel of adventuring.
>>
>>43945986
I don't see the point, then. If you don't break it, the impression I get from the ending is he doesn't really do jack shit because he's assured you did anyway.

How're you supposed to survive rebuilding the ship and colonising the planet in the meantime?
>>
>>43946102
The point was that Orikan foresaw you making it to him, so it's destined. The first problem was, that that prediction was based on the deadlight being broken, their solution to this was to take it extremely early, like jump 2, so that there is no difference between for a deadlighted jumper and so they can still fit that prophecy anyways.
What they overlooked is that the deadlight doesn't just affect the jumper. Breaking the deadlight also unleashes the warp, meaning the trials you face are totally different and the prophecy would be totally inapplicable to a deadlighted scenario.
>>
>>43945644
The better solution is to take Light of Terra as your fourth jump, after having taken the requisite technology paths in Imperium, Eldar, and Dark Eldar.

They can take your weapons and armor, but they can't take the ones you make yourself.
>>
>>43946249
>Orikan foresaw you making it to him, so it's destined

Yes, still on the same page

>still fit that prophecy

But he doesn't seem to react if you don't break the Deadlight in a later jump anyway, implying his prediction ability isn't quite perfect

>prophecy would be totally inapplicable

EXACTLY. I think the issue here is he and you are staking your lives on the meeting with Orikan being inevitable where in-story you still have to survive the planet, etc. It just seems to be a ridiculous leap of faith to me when, as you say, he's already proven to be not 100% reliable.

Without any training from other jumps you could be caught in the open by a stray bullet, or die in any number of ways that could've been minimised had you some level of survival/military training from literally anywhere.
>>
>>43945856
The scenario rewards in the Dragon Break version of the Elder Scrolls jumps have some good ones. From the Morrowind and Oblivion jump has Champion of Cyrrodil, which makes it so that you're always in the right place at the right time for quests and adventure. And Skyrim has Dovahkiin, which both makes you extremely lucky in acquiring power and gives you an instinctive sense for where to go to do so, so you can easily get into adventures that way.
>>
So, Jack is back in 2016. I'd love to say something witty about the jump but I can't think of anything so here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HukqDEYW30c
>>
>>43946775
I wonder who they're going to get to voice Aku now that Mako's dead.
>>
>>43946775
They better not fuck this up.
>>
>>43946775

How about something like this

"Long ago on a distant channel I ::insert some name here:: the show shifting manager of TV schedule listings unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish Samurai Jack cartoon stept forth to oppose me. Before the final episode was aired I opened a magic portal and flung the show into the past where my ratings are law. Now the fool seeks to return to the air and undo the future that is ::insert some name here::.
>>
>>43946897
That sounds like a butt idea and you are a buttface for ideaing it.
>>
File: maximumenthusiasm.jpg (115 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
maximumenthusiasm.jpg
115 KB, 800x1150
>>43946775
>samurai jack
>ADULT SWIM

I...what?

I'm not going to lie: I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, Adult Swim doing Samurai Jack? It's the thing I never knew I wanted until it happened.

On the other hand, after how they ended the Boondocks... >>43946876 knows what's up
>>
>>43945856
Heroic Destiny from Ratchet and Clank. Makes adventure come to you
>>
>>43946876
Spoiler alert: They're gonna fuck it up.

Mark this post.
>>
File: FRoD.jpg (47 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
FRoD.jpg
47 KB, 580x326
>>43946951
Boondocks was okay up until the fourth season. I think they ran out of ideas. That's always when shit starts to get wacky and off topic. You could tell they were really reaching for content.
Which was a mistake. It should've ended with season three. Between the season finale and Lovely Ebony Brown's "I don't think I have very many episodes left", it was clear they were expecting that to be the end of it.
I even vaguely remember someone on /co/ posting an interview with the lead director saying the entire season was garbage.

Sturdy Harris was pretty badass, though.
>>
>>43947058
Damn straight.

S1 had the best feels

S2 had the best balance of kung fu and feels

S3 had the best animation at least.

The only even vaguely good thing I remember about S4 was the Stinkmeaner episode. Freedomland felt like it was supposed to be the season finale but got shoved early and then had most of the relevant episodes building up to it axed.

If there was a Boondocks jump I'd even consider S4 to be a drawback unto itself.
>>
>>43946990
If they set out from the start to give it an ending it could be pretty cool. Better than no ending at all.
If they go for more endless wandering filler with fairy tales and babies it's gonna be shit.
Spoiler: They will probably do the latter. Gotta milk that cow.
>>
>>43946775
>>43946876
Apparently the creator is working on it, so the odds are good, hopefully
>>
File: 1444775930394.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1444775930394.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>43947170
>creator and a lot of the original team working on it
>they could maybe get greg baldwin to do aku
Might be cool
>>
So, any thoughts on who the best Companion is for Light of Terra? My money's on the Spider - excellent survivability while you're in your early vulnerable stages, and you can't go wrong with an Inertialess Light of Terra.
>>
>>43947796
Depends what you want out of life. A waifu? Battle effectiveness? A friend? Do you like biotech or guns or?
>>
>>43947810
Unless you're really into BDSM, or are ok with a 50/50 chance of a husbando instead, there's only one real choice, and I'm not sure I can survive with a flashlight. Besides, the Sisters are better waifu material anyway.
>>
>>43947796
Most optimal route everybody agrees on is taking the Spider and having it just completely Pariah you.
>>
What's the largest alt-form you can get from a jump? So far the biggest I've found is Human-Kaiju hybrid from Pacific Rim but I want to make sure I'm not missing any
>>
>>43947997
Spyro. Full stop.
>>
>>43947997
Spyro. Depending on how many times you take a certain perk in form customization.

Having a max size of "A mountain range" is hilarious,
>>
>>43947888
The fun thing about ambiguity in a written medium is that you actually have the power entirely in your hands in regards to the truth. So there's no real risk with Carwyn.
>>
>>43947997
Spyro dragons with double hugeness from the Dragon Shape Supplement can get as big as mountain ranges fully grown. Not mountains. Mountain ranges. Although it takes a ridiculously long time for them to reach the cap.
>>
>>43947997
The Angels in Evangelion can be roughly described as "as big as their soul will allow" and as a jumper you can have 9 souls, so probably pretty big.
>>
>>43948035
I really, really wish I could go and fight Ancalegon somehow. I mean damn, there aren't a lot of mountain-size or larger dragons out there, and the best part is that he was just a BABY. Big enough to use a mountain as a foot rest as a child, imagine him at full size. Plus how many dragons do you know of that could only be defeated by ramming them with fucking Venus?
>>
>>43948050
>9 Souls

I think you're forgetting quite a few things, such as Dark Binding.
>>
>>43948103
or he's referencing Undertale.
>>
>>43945644
If I did take Light of Terra right now, it would be basically the same as if I'd taken it as my first Jump. I'm on the third Jump in my chain and barely have any abilities for the Deadlight to give back to me. The thread seems to think the plan becomes 100% unreliable and irrelevant if the Deadlight isn't broken.

Things don't go well for him if you break the Deadlight either, specifically in terms of how the Warp is involved. You could fanwank that his planning is always really good but not at the end, where the future can most easily be altered when he tells you what's going on.

>>43945970
Robo spider knows not why you cry. It repaired half the ship and killed a bunch of monsters, so why are you crying? Everything you've done yourself has gone exceptionally well due to luck or hasn't been important enough for you to care about. Except for those three people it killed who were going to stab you in your sleep. Is that it? It won't let them scream as much next time.

The Techpriest can't hear you over the sound of science everywhere. He's happy to do all the glorious tasks and let you hang around in armor with every tribe as your allied guard. Your faith in the Ommnissiah is unwavering.

If you picked the Ork, nothing has made any sense from the beginning. Why would it start now with you being sad enough to cry? Your job is to smash things with a rokkit on a stick while he turns everything on the ship into a working component or more dakka. If you do, he can't relate. Good thing you aren't.
>>
>>43948114
Soul Eater I think. Magic Cat or something like that perk. Gives you Nine Souls.
>>
>>43948114
Pretty sure he's talking about Soul Eater. Regardless, Mal's point was that you can get a much bigger bundle of souls than just 9.
>>
>>43948103
That gives you ownership of the souls you eat, but doesn't make them as fully a part of you as Monster Cat does.
>>
>>43948122
>Crying about a bunch of dead mutants tribals.
>>
>>43948130
Those souls are inside you. What's the difference between having something and owning something anyways?
>>
>>43948103
Your own soul is your body as an Angel, though. He's probably talking about Monster Cat from Soul Eater. I think that jump has a perk that makes your soul ridiculously strong, too.
>>
>>43948103
I was thinking of your own soul, rather than the souls of others. I'm not sure how other's souls would angelize, but a mini-angel army sounds like Lillim bullshit.
>>
>>43948124
>>43948125
Welp, did not know that. My bad.
>>
>>43948139
It's an issue of identity. Eating souls with Dark Binding gives you control over those souls, but they're not you. They're other people, with their own identities, and so probably would not be included in the whole "physical embodiment of the concept of selfhood" that is an Angel's AT Field-based physiology. You'd probably be able to get something out of it, some energy to harvest or whatnot, but it wouldn't directly increase your power the way having nine souls that are all equally you would. Those contain your identity, your sense of self mirrored among them and linked together, and so would make you a much more potent Angel.
>>
>>43948241
So basically you'd have to crush their minds and sense of self in order to effectively assimilate them. A bit too dark for me personally.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>43948064
Well, there's always Drifa from Age of Ice. But yes, that would have been pretty sweet

Nidhoggr makes 'em both look like small potatoes, though.

>>43947997
Well, technically Planet Subconsciousness from Alpha Centuari.

You don't get to keep it after the jump, though
>>
File: leprechauns.png (760 KB, 1060x468) Image search: [Google]
leprechauns.png
760 KB, 1060x468
>>43946775
Will they be pulling from the comic canon?
>>
>>43948122
Good ol' Techpriest. Whenever I felt like I couldn't deal, he was always happy to pick up the slack. Cheerful as fuck the whole way through. Just me and Techpriest. Buddies the whole way through.
But I never did get my phone back.
>>
>>43948122
>>43948462
Techpriest path is infeasible for people who don't have a smartphone unfortunately.

Can't give him his apps to play around with.
>>
>>43948503
You get a free telephone in pokemon so just hand him that.
>>
>>43947997

It'll eat through power quickly enough that it's unlikely to be sustainable without at least a planetary population actively supporting you, and it isn't *technically* an alt-form, but Mantra from Asura's Wrath allows for some fairly respectable sizes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXMBF_PCy8
>>
>>43946872
>>43946872
He had an understudy for years. The understudy did Iroh after Mako died.
>>
>>43948520
Question on this. Do you guys actually make an effort to collect Mantra from all the different Jumps you go to?
>>
>>43948672
Eh, it's more efficient to research power conversion, and tap into a universal pool for Mantra boosts whenever necessary.

I just keep Orgels running all the time, and then convert the result into Mantra when needed.
>>
File: antispiralsmile.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antispiralsmile.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>43948672
Hey, everyone needs a hobby.

Like, we don't incite conflict to bring it about but we do set up covert collection systems just to harvest it from the emotions of sentient lifeforms. Have a bit of a taste, see if people with different soul structures yield different flavours of mantra. The bountiful seasons come in jumps without an afterlife, since Bradeline's Well has enabled us to collect vast amounts of mantra from purifying and reincarnating any souls that float there with spiritech megastructures.

We usually prefer to store it as golden thread form rather than shiny light form, though. Keeps for longer.

What we don't do is Chakravartin's bullshit create-your-own-perfect-being-by-making-one-dude-feel-all-the-emotion-ever nonsense. That's just asking for trouble.
>>
>>43948672
My Mantra is literally Sloth.

So... no.
>>
File: AntispiralNOOOO.png (286 KB, 688x556) Image search: [Google]
AntispiralNOOOO.png
286 KB, 688x556
>>43948867
But...but what about all the other flavours?! That's like going to an ice cream parlour and never trying anything other than vanilla!
>>
>>43940577
7. Digimon
Free Items: Digivice, Hero Goggles, Manuals
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 12
Digimon: Tokomon > Falcomon > Peckmon > Crowmon > Ravemon
Perks: Side Evolution: Peckmon > Yatakaramon > Varudramon (-100), Sustained Evolution (-100), Warp Evolution (-100), Bio-Merge Evolution [Ravemon Burst Mode] (-100), Card Slash (-100)
Items: 3302709 Bits, Data Cards (-100), Power Lock Wrist Brace, 2 Revive Disks (-400)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZz6xbYzhY

I'm going to have words with Yamaki and if that fails I will have lightning with Yamaki. Words about how to work with children in a manner that doesn't involve choking them, and how all sapient life deserves respect even after death. The lightning will be about lightning.

I can't really do much for this jump to work out. I can't even stop Jeri from being taken by the D-Reaper or else the digital world will be destroyed, taking the human world with it. I can't save Leomon. I can't do much beyond be their for people and help organize and protect the tamers. So that's what will happen. Parents will be informed gently, teams will be set up, and during D-Reaper I will go full force into protecting both worlds.

The digimon eventually make it back to the human world, so I'll just take care of the kids in between. Use Cuteness Overload to help them recover and their friends will come back anyway.

I know I'm just softening the blows life will give them, but I'm pretty okay with that. If I do much more, they won't have the power to save the world.

On a related note: Chimmy won over a digimon and they became partners. I can't go anywhere without this jerk making friends. Especially when he can do so by fighting. Gotsumon is now a podded companion, taking my waifu-pod and making me a little pissed. There was a shouting match about it and everything. I can't outshout a monkey.
>>
>>43948897
I did that except it was Lemon instead of vanilla.

Let's talk about how Zandatsu body in MGR jump is actually useless. Yes, you are a great thing for fighting cyborgs and robots in MGR but it is useless in any other setting that doesn't have people or things use MGR nano paste. Better way is to just repair yourself or see if you can have passive or active nanites repairing you, fueled through electricity or life energy of others. Way better at things than Zandatsu.

Especially since it is undiscounted.

Blade Mode remains useful ALWAYS
>>
>>43949084
Raiden's body is good for other things though.
>>
>>43948897
Cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, and seasonal peach are all I require.

Maybe peanut butter if its in a klondike bar.
>>
Does anyone know any way to have multiple backgrounds? Not in the sense of getting discounts, just having two identities that each have their history pre-established in the world when you get there. I have a few plans that would benefit from having multiple identities operating at the same time through being a hive mind, and it would work even better if said identities didn't have to falsify their records. The only method I can think of so far is to import companions into the roles I need and then replace them with my shapeshifted clones, but it seems kind of rude to use them like that. Any suggestions?
>>
>>43949084
>Cyborg body capable of suplexing Excelsius, tanking Armstrong's fists and outrunning trains
>useless
>>
File: image.gif (926 KB, 476x268) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
926 KB, 476x268
>>43948867
So do you lose a lot of mantra for scratching yourself when you got an itch? Are you related to Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slakoth and Slaking?
>>
File: lewdpprove.jpg (44 KB, 315x320) Image search: [Google]
lewdpprove.jpg
44 KB, 315x320
>>43949117
>good for other things

Didn't know you browsed /jc/ Rose
>>
>>43948039
Don't know if this has been asked before, but could you use Narnian Time to instantly age up to max size?
>>
>>43949124
Except you don't get that. It is essentially Equivalent of the "Specialized body" perk with Zandatsu at its gimmick. You aren't as strong as Raiden. The only way to be is to get Specialized Body statted towards Strength.

RisingAnon confirmed it
>>
>>43949084
You can probably substitute other body parts. Like the heart.
>>
>>43949163
Will hunt through this thread and IRC to see if Rising Anon actually intended for it to work that way
>>
>>43949084
Its been said before that outside the Jump it can be used with enemy CSF.
>>
File: trash.jpg (34 KB, 380x470) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
34 KB, 380x470
>>43949160
welp it's shit
>>
>>43949179
Except outside jump it's either back to old body or you got perfectly integrated techno organic body, at which point any life force drain or such abilities work at full efficiency
>>
>>43949181
Especially since Zandatsu body ain't discounted for noone
>>
>>43949157
It's what I do, and nobody has bitched at me yet for it when I bring it up in thread. There isn't a hard and fast ruling on how age works with various altforms related to you. So just wank something for that. Narnian time explicitly lets you change to any age you want within your natural lifespan and that you won't die of old age unless you choose to.
>>
>>43949176
I mean if it's just for MGR cyborgs and you can't substitute it for anything else. Also not as strong as Raiden. Then yeah the body is pretty much useless outside of MGR. However in MGR the ability to heal instantly is nice. Although I'd rather see it come with discount on Blade Mode. As it stands you can't take cut at will (100), HF blade training (200), Master swordsman (800), Zanadatsu (1,300) & Blademode (1,800).
>>
>>43949225
Right. And all the stuff for soldiers sucks ass and no one cares about it at all, which leaves either becoming Raiden, a very underwhelming mascot. And the Raiden option just got fucked, so there is literally nothing interesting to me but Master Swordsman, and I don't even know how potent it really is.
>>
>>43949288
*or a very underwhelming

Might I add that Zandatsu is literally useless outside of MGR, so it's not even worth the time it took to type it's description.
>>
>>43949288
Master Swordsman makes you about equal to the likes of Jetstream Sam. He was able to hold off on his own against Armstrong, without any enhancements. Later with just a cyborg arm, he was able to hold his own against Raiden. Just Raiden overpowered him with ripper mode and his super cyborg body.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>43949084
Meh. Different strokes for different folks

See >>43949179. Having a perfectly integrated techno-organic body was awesome back when we were a mortal. Especially when considering the wide variety of spines that exist beyond the jump the mind boggles a little to ponder exactly how the technology works...
>>
>>43949363
"lol different strokes"

No. It's not about enjoyment.

It's that it's literally useless.
It sucks.
It has no reason to exist.
>>
>>43940644
It's very much a lost science, and to my knowledge there is nobody in canon who can make Living weapons. But with Artificial parasites, enough science perks, and enough fanwankery, anything is possible!
>>
Which Jump would allow me to become technorganic?
>>
File: what.png (60 KB, 348x360) Image search: [Google]
what.png
60 KB, 348x360
>>43949392
>it's not about enjoyment
This is an imagination game on the internet, Anon.

>>43949424
Transformers, by Manyfist.
>>
>>43949424
GUNM has the Imaginos body, one of the better technorganic forms you can acquire. Costs a lot, though, since you need two capstones to get it, one of which requires you to buy everything else in that tree.
>>
>>43949438
That's not what I mean. The difference in opinion is not because of a difference of enjoyment.
>>
>>43949424
Worm has a power that lets you assimilate technology and nonorganic materials into your body
>>
File: spiralkek.jpg (10 KB, 447x364) Image search: [Google]
spiralkek.jpg
10 KB, 447x364
>>43949392
>it's not about enjoyment

Gee, sorry for having the wrong kind of fun man? Is it wrong to want to be a cool technovampire who has to do a backflip to feed?

There's nothing wrong with taking strength as your preferred enhanced body, we're just alright with our current purchase.
>>
File: antispiralconfuse.jpg (21 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
antispiralconfuse.jpg
21 KB, 425x239
>>43949472
What?

But. But it is?

What on earth are you on about, man? It has a use. It might not be the one you wanted but it's the one we find most amusing, so it's figuratively useless not literally so.
>>
>>43949438
>Transformers, by Manyfist.

Hrehehrhhehrhehrhhr
>>
>>43949475
>>43949475
>Take that
>Take one of Raiden's bodies and assimilate them
>Free Zandatsu and super body and stuff
>>
>>43949424
Well, apart from those already mentioned,

Boomer from Bubblegum Crisis
That one shard from Worm
Various options from Shadowrun
The Cylon origin from Battlestar Galactica
The Cyborg origin from Killer Instinct
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.