[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lorsfyr, the City Plane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1448857940355[1].png (1 MB, 1148x820) Image search: [Google]
1448857940355[1].png
1 MB, 1148x820
I've talked to you guys a little bit about this already, and gotten some great ideas & suggestions.

Here's where I'm at right now.

I'm looking for feedback, as well as any cool ideas or suggestions people might have for me.

Lorsfyr, the City Plane
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Rupt67gZJnpV6J_1b4NmA7EVDEJYBSMB8Rz_OlCLHk/edit?usp=sharing

Last thread where I discussed it with some of you guys, and got some great ideas for factions.
>>43900908

I'd love a few more non-guild factions, or perhaps two more guilds that would fit in with the ones I have.

Also interested in any plot or story or character ideas people might have to help me out.

Finally, what do you guys think of what I have so far?
>>
>>43937446
As you can imagine, the main sources of inspiration are Sigil and Ravnica, but I'm trying to do my own thing with it as well.

I'm also looking to include some elements of Shadowrun, though those are less obvious.
>>
File: Citysphere.png (3 MB, 2903x2903) Image search: [Google]
Citysphere.png
3 MB, 2903x2903
>>43937446
Here's my (Original) diagram of the plane, for those who didn't open the document or view the last thread.
>>
>>43937446
Here, I'll dump the text so you can see it here without links. The link has formatting and stuff though:

>Lorsfyr, The City-Plane
Lorsfyr is a spherical demiplane, with the city facing inward, and an artificial sun floating in the middle of the city, providing constant bluish white light to its denizens. The people of the city have artificial sleeping scheduled, and homes commonly have windows which can be closed off to completely block out the light so they can sleep.
Lorsfyr is ruled over by a council of ***X*** Guilds, who cast votes to determine the future of city.
Few are really sure of the exact origin of Lorsfyr, the records of it’s creation are a closely guarded secret.
However, some things regarding the plane are common knowledge:
>The “Sun” is in fact comprised of the souls of thousands. When you die, your soul almost always goes to the sun.
>The gods have no hold in Lorsfyr. Creatures who receive power from gods or outsiders do not receive them while on the demiplane.
>Plane-shifting effects, and the usual means of inter-planar communication do not function while on Lorsfyr.
>The common methods of resurrection do not function here, either. Resurrection, when possible, is almost always a difficult affair, often with heavy costs.

>Soul Gems
Soul-Gems are very common, and there are a wide variety of them which are bought and sold within Lorsfyr. Not only are they used in rituals, for magic power, or to prevent resurrection, but many use soul gems to determine their own afterlife or to remain after their death. Soul gems can be designed to allow a soul to communicate with its carrier, as well as many other incredible things.
>>
>>43938164
>>Guilds
>The Crystal Sigil
A magical research guild, focused on discovering and cataloguing the secrets of the universe. Those high within their ranks are said to have knowledge regarding the origin of Lorsfyr.
>The Hive
An exclusive collectivist society, focused primarily on the wellbeing and quality of life of their group as a whole, they also seek the betterment of life for all of the denizens of Lorsfyr.
>Primal Paradise
A Faction of Druids and Experimental Mages, with a passion for creating new forms of life. Some of this new life is exported to other worlds, some of it is kept on Lorsfyr.
>The Silver Throne
Wealthy nobles with a fascination of powerful and dangerous artifacts. On the surface they simply a social group of the demiplane’s wealthy class, but secretly they seek to amass power in order to subjugate other planes.
>The White Temple
A religious faction with heavy overtones of ancestor/spirit worship. They are the ones who speak for and tend to the souls of the dead, and the spirits grant them all manner of abilities, both to assist them in their tasks, as well as a thank you for the services they provide.
>>
>>43938187
>>Other Factions
>The Black Wolf
An anti-guild faction built on the ambition of overthrowing the guilds that run the city.
>The Divine Hand
The organization which enacts the will of the council. They’re typically seen as the local police, but they have far more power than a law enforcement agency in most places has. Sometimes someone is causing trouble and they simply disappear never to be seen again, and many who knew them get confused and hostile when questioned about them, convinced that the person never existed at all.
>The Dark Brand
A group of doomsayers, who believe that each new soul added to the artificial sun in the middle of Lorsfyr is filling the artificial plane to capacity, hastening the time until the end of the world, when the demiplane will explode, destroying not only itself, but also doing massive damage to the other planes.
>Las Familias
A series of loosely aligned families which run a variety of lucrative but criminal import/export operations. They conduct a great deal of business off-plane.
>The Green Dawn
A cult, which believes Lorsfyr to be the egg of an unborn god, and believes, if fed enough souls, the plane will hatch and become a powerful deity.
>Rot Horizon
A faction of terrorists who see Lorsfyr as an abomination which needs to be destroyed. They can’t destroy the plane completely, so they seek to drive everyone out, and destroy all ways on and off of the demiplane.
>Steel Dragon Travel Company
A transport tycoon from off-plane is building an elevator system that takes advantage of the spherical nature of the plane to make transport from one district to the other easier, faster and more comfortable. The lines that pass closest to the sun are also somewhat of a tourist attraction for the lower classes.
In actuality, he's building a network of manaconductors along a three-dimensional web of leylines in order to...
>>
>>43938229
>>Common Races of Lorsfyr
>Human
Human adaptability makes them fit for all stations within Lorsfyr. Known for their selfish tendencies, many seek for the glory of none but themselves. But as a highly varied group, many individuals are renowned for their great acts of altruism or self-sacrifice.
>Elf
Elves make up much of the upper class of Lorsfyr. They place a high value on grace and beauty and elegance, and take naturally to leadership positions.
>Half-Elf
Elf and Human couplings are commonplace in Lorsfyr, and Half-Elves are almost always the result, and half-elves breed true. Some are raised as elves or humans, but many are turned over to be raised by others of their own kind, in half-elven families, with their elven and human parents visiting as “uncles” and “aunts”.
>Xeph/Gith
The Xephs of Lorsfyr are a tightly knit community, that look out for their own first and foremost. Nearly all of them are part of the Hive, though there are Xeph outcasts as well, and some more independent Xephs (often rumored to have some human blood) who strike out on their own.
>Hobgoblin
With a strong drive for order, the Hobgoblins of Lorsfyr take naturally to work in the Divine Hand, either as soldiers or law enforcement. Most of the the Hobgoblins of Lorsfyr practice a fairly strict cultural Eugenics program, selectively breeding for strong genes and intelligence and toughness and strength. While Hobgoblin-Non-Hobgoblin pairings are uncommon and somewhat frowned upon, they are not unheard of, but the nonhobgoblin is always free of congenital defects and put through a battery of medical tests to ensure they will not have defective children. Defective Hobgoblin children in most clans, are summarily terminated after birth, and their parents horrified at the defect.
>>
File: Underworld-Connections-Art[1].jpg (117 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
Underworld-Connections-Art[1].jpg
117 KB, 620x453
>Mutt-Blooded
Mutt-Blooded (derogatory) are what a variety of mostly-human descended races are referred to in Lorsfyr. Collectively they make up a sizable percentage of the population, and are a pretty common sight. By the non-muttblooded, they’re treated the same regardless of which kind they are.
The Mutt-Blooded themselves, however, see things a little differently, considering the animal races to be of lower station than themselves; particularly the ratfolk, which they see as little better than the vermin they resemble.
The Mutt-Blooded make up a good portion of the lower class, though some have managed to climb their way out.
Here are the most common varieties of Mutt-Blooded.
>Aasimar/Tiefling
>Elemental-Blooded.
>Dragonblooded
>Feytouched
>Catfolk
>Ratfolk
>>Uncommon Races of Lorsfyr
>Android
>Ghoran
>Dark-Folk (Caligni)
>Skinwalker
Other Races are unavailable to player characters
>>
I feel like t his is shaping into an interesting place to host a campaign, but thus far, I'm drawing a blank for long-running campaign plot threads.

I'd like it to be kind-of sandboxy, so the PCs can go along with or fight against or ignore whichever plots they feel like, and there shouldn't be any one "Right Answer".
>>
>>43938895
Idea:
All citizens are in the army - ostensibly.

Everyone has to periodically show up for military training. They don't need to be in active service, but they are all trained regularly.

The only ones who don't are immigrants, illegals, criminals, or foreigners just visiting.
>>
>bump
>>
>>43939823
Thanks, anon.

Looks like nobody else has any ideas or feedback or suggestions for me at the moment though.

If people comment I'd love to discuss further, but if the thread dies, then I will simply continue to chip away at it on my own and make a new thread another day.
>>
>>43938330
Can you tell us more about the ghoran, dark-folk, and skinwalkers?
Are the the skinwalkers the spooky 4chan skinwalkers?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.