[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, I'm considering getting into 40k models. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: tron fights for the ethereal.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
tron fights for the ethereal.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
/tg/, I'm considering getting into 40k models. I don't care that much for playing the game, and for that matter, no one around here really plays it. But I'm thinking about getting a small number of Tau or IG models, painting them up, and keeping them for display pieces. How much is this probably gonna cost me? Any recommendations for good stuff?
>>
>>43935482
>Getting into 40k

>Only for display

But y tho?
>>
>>43935525
I like the aesthetic of both factions named (most of the factions, really, but Tau and IG in particular), I'm trying to get into miniature painting, and I don't want to touch the packs of Flames of War miniatures that have been sitting in my closet because the only other local player around here is a piece of shit and I don't want to put a Nazi army on display
>>
>How much is this probably gonna cost me?

Just go to GW's homepage and look at the prices?
>>
>>43935574
Don't buy GW though, it's stupidly overpriced. Get something from those Fierce Miniatures dudes, they make some pretty cool stuff. Alternatively just buy historical or anime.
>>
>>43935781
A lot of fa/tg/uys don't buy directly from GW, like >>43935785 mentioned. I was hoping that maybe, I dunno, I'd get some actual suggestions on who people buy from to avoid dropping $60 on basic shit, before paint or any other factor?

>>43935785
Thanks, I'll look into them.
>>
>>43935861
You want cheap Tau/IG? Ebay. For the new stuff you're looking at near-GW prices no matter who you buy from, so GW's homepage will give you a good idea.
>>
File: Nice.png (72 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Nice.png
72 KB, 280x280
>>43935482
That looks pretty cool. Making the weapons a different color seems to really bring the whole thing together.
>>
>>43936138
http://imgur.com/a/OwN5v

Album of the whole army. It's breddy nice. And the color changes are pretty much canon too.
>>
>>43935861
>tfw poorfag in Canada
>tfw independent retailers' price are actually worse than GeeDubs
>tfw all the cheap retailers ship only to the states.
>>
>>43935861
Typo anon, I mean Mierce miniatures. They're pretty expensive as well, but their models are GORGOEUS.
>>
>>43935482
Check out some single figures on ebay. You can always start small and make a kill-team or something. I'm sure both IG and Tau have some unique models you can scratch your itch with. I have a small IG force and some of my favorite models are metal Catachans, rogue trader era Ogryn, and Ive got a couple metal standard IG models that I use as captains or whatever. The metal models arent cheap, the Ogryns I bought were around $10 a figure
>>
>Don't buy GW though, it's stupidly overpriced.
> Mierce miniatures. They're pretty expensive as well but buy em

Typical GW hater faggot
>>
>>43940640
I actually am well invested into 40k. I don't advise GW models for an actual hobbyist model artist because they just aren't up to the same standards as companies like Mierce unless you're buying Forge World HQ.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.