[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You gain the ability to deploy coin-sized portals via a special
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: r2dac7nd.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
r2dac7nd.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2500
>You gain the ability to deploy coin-sized portals via a special glove

>Portals placed by the glove are linked to an ever-present portal on the palm-side of the glove

>Portals can only be placed on surfaces

>Placing a portal onto a surface requires physical contact with that surface

>Portals expire after 12 hours

>You may not have more than one portal open at a time

>Portals cannot be removed once place (you must wait for them to expire)

How abusable would this be?
>>
>>43935070
...Where does the portal go?
There's only the one.
>>
Sounds like it could be great with bombs. Sticks of dynamite with really short fuses could be fun.
>>
>>43935138
>>Portals placed by the glove are linked to an ever-present portal on the palm-side of the glove
>>
>>43935138
>>Portals placed by the glove are linked to an ever-present portal on the palm-side of the glove
>>
>>43935138
They go from the palm of your glove too where ever you leave them.

Me I'm thinking team up with a pixie and start robbing places.
>>
>>43935165
Well, my reading comprehension is shot.
>>
>>43935070
It'd make a really great gloryhole, depending on which denomination of coin you're using.
>>
Some sort of a scroll retrieval system?
>>
So you're telling me, if I put a portal on the wall of a bathroom, I can just stick my dick into my glove and enjoy gloryhole action whenever I want?

Sign me up.
>>
>>43935249
You're thinking too small.

Step 1: Place portal on a particularly large coin.
Step 2: Put your junk through the portal.
Step 3: Dick hand!

Amuse strangers!
Give yourself a blowjob!
Cock slap someone!
The possibilities are endless!
>>
>place a portal at the bottom of a lake
>water comes out of your hand for the next twelve hours
>>
>>43935266
>Go into local brothel
>Make a deal with owner
>Leave portal in one of the rooms
>Go dungeon-delving
>When need arises, drop a gold piece or two through the glove-hole, and then follow with dick
>Whore on the other side takes the money, polishes that knob
>Never have to worry about blue balls in a dungeon again

It's a serious problem we all face, you gotta admit.
>>
>>43935274
>Water comes out
>Not 'Water gushes out with the force of a Fire Hose'
>Not using the Arm-WaterCannon to knock the BBEG off of his feet
>Not having the merfolk inexplicably mad
>>
>>43935274
The town fire department would love you, at least.
>>
>>43935350
Succubus: You are mine, human!
PC: Nah, I'm good.
Succubus: *enraged* How can you resist me?
PC: Endless blowjobs.
>>
>>43935350
Well, probably not female adventurers, as such. But a converse solution for the equivalent problem should be easy to work out as well.
>>
infiltrate assassination targets party. find targets coat (or hat) at coat check, place small portal somewhere along his upper spine or under the collar facing in. wait till you know he's leaving or has it on. go outside. Stab a +5 icepick laced with waaay too much poison into my end of portal.
>>
>>43935471
>probably not female adventurers

I thought they just fuck the dungeon Orcs and stuff?
>>
>>43935070
>Leave portal at the bottom of the ocean
>Shoot enormous quantities of high pressure water out of your hand (assuming physics)
>>
>>43935274
You cork the one in your hand with something very secure and watertight, then you put the portal on the coin, then you drop the coin in the ocean, very deep, high pressure ocean.

Later you release the flood.
>>
>>43935471
>What are dildos
>>
>>43935070
>Portal on the ceiling
>Place glove on ground with hole-side facing up
>Get some long heavy bar roughly the distance between the two.
>Bar falls forever, use that energy to turn a turbine or something.
>BAM! Free energy.
>>
File: 4669315850_cb63850a85_z.jpg (219 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
4669315850_cb63850a85_z.jpg
219 KB, 640x637
>>43935350

>Enjoying your whore hole
>The twelve hour limit is reached while your penis is on the other side
>>
>>43935070
Wait, what if you put the portal onto something like a rock, and propel the rock into space?
Will you now channel the cold harsh void of space through your glove?
Touch attack : Suck their organs into the nether realms
>>
>>43935475
OR! pat some asshole on the back, leave portal, walk away... pour alchemist fire through when he's at camp or just for one hell of a distraction (after you've evesdropped with the portal and found out any info)
>>
>>43935509
I'm sorta imagining Portal style, it just keeps increasing in speed until you point the glove elsewhere and propel an iron bar like a railgun
>>
>>43935547
leave portal facing targets chair at head level, go outside, wait till he's in it. hang glove on tree, fire arrow through point blank
>>
>>43935484

Not to mention the many varied weapon hilts one finds in a dungeon.
>>
File: 2284561263_6635683ce5.jpg (76 KB, 463x475) Image search: [Google]
2284561263_6635683ce5.jpg
76 KB, 463x475
>Place the glove on your right hand
>Place a portal on your left hand
>>
>>43935070
Can I use enlarging spells to make one of the portals bigger?

What happens to objects that move through portal of different sizes, do they grow or shrink?

If that doesn't work, just put the exit portal on my other hand and amuse myself for 12 hours with infinitely falling objects.

Actually, if something is falling through two portals that come closer and closer together... is it still falling when the two portal surfaces are adjacent and would that eliminate air resistance? You might be able to make a pretty serious kinetic weapon with this.
>>
>Capture bad guy.
>Put one end of the portal wherever he can see.
>Put other end on his dick.
>Roll intimidation.
>>
>>43935729
>Put one portal inside a hive box.
>Let the hive grow.
>Eventually have the power to unleash bees from fist.
>>
>>43935826
12 hour time limit
>>
>>43935070
This is kind of a shitty power.

Probably just going to use it as a glorified glory hole.
>>
>>43935968

>glorified glory

That's a lot of glory
>>
>>43935070
>how abusable is this?

infinite energy abusable. Get a long bar, drop it through a hole, generate power off of it.
>>
>Place bar through hole
>Slowly lower hand
>distance between floor and hand is equal to length of the bar
>attempt to continue to lower hand
What happens?
>>
would probably be great for assassinations, you just have to have a brief contact with the target to assassinate them from afar and no one would suspect a thing
>>
>>43935070
>Portals cannot be removed once place (you must wait for them to expire)
What if the surface it's on gets destroyed? If I have a deck of playing cards and a box of matches, do I have a quick supply of 52 portals?
>>
>>43935546
Delta P is a dangerous force, my friend.
>>
>>43935266
There's more than one hentai about this. Search for "portal ring".

DESU, that's probably the best use for it in a fantasy setting.

The bottom-of-the-ocean idea sucks because you have no way of closing the portal once water is flowing through it at ballistic speeds for 12 hours. Shallow water you could probably put a cork in, but it'll be more of a toy than a weapon.

Using it for storage/retrieval isn't very practical because it's pretty small. And any large quantity of stuff (flammable oil, explosives, daggers, etc.) will exert too much pressure to keep it contained. Bees might work because you don't need to rely on gravity to dispense them. But it's not like you can precisely aim bees.

Using it for long-distance teleportation isn't very practical because it only lasts 12 hours.

There's probably some way to figure out how to make ballistic weapons, but I can't puzzle-out a reliable way to release the falling object without hurting yourself.

>Actually, if something is falling through two portals that come closer and closer together...
The top of the object would hit its own bottom, and you wouldn't be able to move the portals any closer, but it would still be falling at maximum velocity. The sides would still have a small amount of air resistance, basically the friction of the surface against the turbulent air.

Infinite energy isn't hugely useful without electricity. Look, you replaced a windmill!

So, I can't think of any real game-breaking exploits in a fantasy setting unless you allow modifying the portal with magic.

But there's definitely huge exploits you could do in a modern setting. Perpetual motion machine. Smuggle near-infinite amounts of drugs between any two places in the world. It only takes 5 hours to reach Geosynchronous orbit, so put the portal into a rocket, and you can transport near-infinite amounts of food, water, air, metals, fuel, etc. into space. Use a remote-controlled valve to shoot high-pressure seawater jets.
>>
>>43936995
>The top of the object would hit its own bottom, and you wouldn't be able to move the portals any closer, but it would still be falling at maximum velocity. The sides would still have a small amount of air resistance, basically the friction of the surface against the turbulent air.

Okay I've got it.

We can create a vacuum by summoning an air elemental, having it occupy a sealed container, and then dismissing it.

If we have airlocks on either side of the container, we can place portals without disturbing the vacuum.

Now we can let gravity accelerate something continuously without worrying about any kind of drag!

(and likely die horribly when the whole thing explodes because our extremely energetic projectile drifts too far to the side because of accumulated error, or just melts the whole contraption)
>>
>>43936995
>The bottom-of-the-ocean idea sucks because you have no way of closing the portal once water is flowing through it at ballistic speeds for 12 hours

You literally have a hose that would cut through concrete attached to your hand. Even if you die it can't be stopped, your body is going to fly around destroying buildings for 12 hours.

That's hilarious.
>>
File: miroku1.jpg (60 KB, 439x467) Image search: [Google]
miroku1.jpg
60 KB, 439x467
>>43935546
...and masterbation will never be quite the same.
>>
>>43936995
Well, you could avoid the 12 million PSI water exploit by using the same rule that Portal does - velocity remains constant between portals.

Granted, that requires fandangling, as at that point, either nothing would come through the portal or we get into some strange variant of Zeno's paradox.
>>
>>43936172

assumingly you do it slowly enough, eventually the two sides would meet and push against each other with equal force. If the force of things pushing against the portal is attached to the medium it's in, you can't push any harder than your ability to break the bar

If the portal exists separate for the inertia of the medium it's in though ??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?
>>
File: (you).gif (3 MB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
3 MB, 576x384
Step 1: Portal inside of box
Step 2: Insert portal on palm n your penis
???
Profit
>>
File: 872657-portal-wallpaper.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
872657-portal-wallpaper.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>43937317
I'm very impressed we managed to get this far with no one suggesting any such thing.

>>43935350
Nevermind, I clearly just didn't read enough of the thread.
>>
>>43937262
Nah, water would still come out. Ocean water is almost never static, it's constantly moving and flowing. Some of it would inevitably flow into the portal, which'd cause a cascade as a new water flow forms from water moving to replace the water that went through the portal, with most of that water flowing in the direction of the portal.
>>
>>43937362
>>43935070
Ya know, I'm sure /v/ has discussed this to death, go ask them - they must have portal magic down to a /sci/ence by now.
>>
>>43935588
Does the principal of terminal velocity exist in fantasy?
>>
>>43937262
Not so much velocity as it is water pressure.
>>
how has no one thought of shrinking something to fit through it?
you could fit a shrunk person through it with repeated castings of shrink person, boom, instant infiltration. your rogue is going to be so happy.
>>
>>43938366
>Nothing could possibly go horribly, awfully, horrifically wrong with this plan.
>>
Spies could really use this for untraceable information smuggling.
>Infiltrate area
>Record things onto a small camera with USB
>Send the USB to your hub for quick extraction
>>
>>43935070
I thinking of a large cannon with a remote detonation and a reinforced plate closings it.

You would set the 'bomb cannon' up before you went into a fight, with your portal placed on the inside of the closing plate. You could fill it with buck shot or a few different powders to make one hell of a fire blast.

It fits more of a modern or steam punk theme than standard fantasy, but it could be one hell of a blast.
That one thing you didn't alive anymore. He's dead, and anyone in a 30ft cone around him. Dead. One Hell of a hand to hand combat move.
>>
>>43935070
>Place portal on coin
>chuck coin in sawmill
>travel
>cast fireball pointing through hole
>point hand away from self
>>
File: 1435982926287.jpg (123 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
1435982926287.jpg
123 KB, 700x528
>>43935070
A new means or the party low charisma Barbarian to fuck his hand.
>>
If I were a vampire i would put the portal under my clothes over my heart while i slept.
>>
how big is a coin though
>>
Here is what i would do with that.
>>
>>43935475
"Shit, wrong haaa blargh"
>>
>>43935070
>slap portal on guy's chest
>rip out his heart
>>
>>43939375
Might have to steal this for a game I'm running.
>>
>>43935644
Okay, stealing this idea for
>Get catch arrow feat
>Do quoted
>use skills to line up arrows/projectiles with one hand and shoot out of the other

Would also be very useful for trickshooting
>Give glove to rogue
>sneaks ahead
>Rogue places portals all over BBEG room
>comes back
>gives glove to mage
>He casts maximised fireball into glove
BOOM
>>
>>43935484
Leave it in the sheath.
>>
>>43937835
I would presume so. Gravity generally exists, and I would assume air resistance is a thing a swell since thrown or fired objects will eventually lose momentum and hit the ground. Terminal velocity is simply the point where the deceleration from air resistance is equal to the acceleration from gravity.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.