[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, tell me anon why hasn't your gaming group set aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Torchbearer_chapter_1_preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Torchbearer_chapter_1_preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, tell me anon why hasn't your gaming group set aside Dnd and picked up torchbearer?
>>
>>43925955
Because it's Burning Wheel complicated and nobody is willing to play it, just like Burning Wheel.

Also we aren't playing D&D.
>>
>>43926120
I play Burning Wheel...
>>
>>43926120
>complicated
are..are you really say roll Xd6's and see how many are fours or better is complicated? Do you need a helmet?
>>
>>43925955

Because we already put D&D down and are playing Swords & Wizardry?
>>
>>43926120

Are you sure you're thinking of Burning Wheel?
>>
>>43925955
Because they are all relatively new to rpgs, and dnd has the best brand recognition. so when I offered to run a game, I didn't say want to play a ttrpg, I said "wanna play some dnd?".
>>
>>43926801
You can say it anyway. It's like Jello. The brand name has become generalized. It's like ordering a coke in the south.

>I'll have a cheeseburger and fries. And a coke.
>What kind?
>Root beer.
>>
>>43926859

I have lived in the south for 30 years in various states and never heard anyone use "coke" in such a general sense, but I've always heard people talk about it like that happens. Is it specific to only a few states or am I crazy?
>>
>>43926120
You mean Burning Wheel simplified.
>>
>>43926859
I guess you'd have to say "coca cola" for the actual thing?
>>
Because I do what I want and you can't stop me.
>>
>>43926991
Fair and true, but not really a motivation
>>
>>43926910
It's less common than it used to be, and honestly less likely to occur in the situation I gave and more likely in an informal "anybody want a coke?" at your house.

>>43926964
Yeah.
>>
>>43927116
Georgia in particular is still pretty bad about that, at least when I last passed through there. >>43926911
or more aptly put, advanced mouse guard which whenever someone plays it finds it to be a damn good game.
>>
>>43927050
My motivation is giving some random neckbeard on the internet a coronary because I'm having a good time with a badwrongfun system and there's nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>43927116
But then I'm also from Georgia, the home of Coca-Cola, so maybe that makes a difference?
>>
>>43927173
sounds like good enough to me, so would you say your instinct is to go against what anon tells you?
>>
>>43927188
>>43927157
>>43927116
>>43926910
Still happens all over Virginia. Even the yankee fucks infiltrating NoVa and Richmond have been won over in this regard.
>>
>>43925955
Because we aren't playing D&D right now you stupid little twit.
I swear, the self-absorbed nature of D&D style fantasy TRPG players is unbelivable; they automatically assume everyone is playing it or a derivative of it at all times.
>>
>>43927233
Nah man. Anons got some good taste sometimes. I just know that I can run a good game with almost any system. It's not about what rules you use or how balanced things are anyway. It's about everyone at the table having a good time. People around here forget that sometimes.
>>
>>43927275
I assume it's a fairly common game, the default if you will. We may like maid or mouse guard but scrounging up a group is a challenge.
>>
>>43925955
Because fuck you?
>>
>>43927275
I'd love to play some Shadowhack actually, but fuck it if everyone just wants to play the real Shadowrun or D20 Modern with future and Cyberspace rules
>>
>>43927329
> D20 Modern
Eegh
>>
>>43927329
>D20 modern
oh gods Im so sorry.

>>43927303
really once you get a group to play mouse guard the war is won. I've never had a party that felt like it had a bad time. There's something about that damn game that just hits all the right notes.
>>
>>43926295
As do I.
>>
>>43925955
Because it's bad and unninteresting. You should recomend something more AWESOME, like Dungeon World! The best game in THE FUCKING WORLD! It is so AWESOME!
>>
>>43929768
I think youre talking about dungeon world there man. It sounds blander than bland at least this shamlessly admits what it is.
>>
>>43926607
>Durr, quantum physics aren't complicated, you just do arithmetic on the numbers, right?
>>
>>43931268
If anything that'd be algebra and barring being less than ten years old or a complete moron most people in this day and age can handle such a situation. Seriously, the rules are simpler than Dnd even in straight up burning wheel.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.