[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #604: Signature Weapon Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43910991
>>
>>43922343

Fair point. I was mainly enquiring about "Do we actually get to keep them when a drawback takes our stuff?"
>>
>>43922103
What "Mega Lucario's effect"? His ability? That improves ANY move that is Fighting or Steel. His ability is Adaptability, and improves STAB. Mega Launcher is what improves the Hadou moves, and is on pokemon that have cannons and have nothing to do with Aura (Mega Blastoise and Clawitzer).
>>
File: mega scizzor.gif (940 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
mega scizzor.gif
940 KB, 500x455
Jumpers. Show me your hyperweapon.
>>
Question about the Pokemon Trainer jump.

All the 100 CP skills have a certain origin give you one of them for free, but the Drop-in thing for 100 CP only gets a discount.

Dat intentional?
>>
>>43922692
I assume so, yes. That makes the Origins + [respective 1st tier perk] = 50cp for all of them.
>>
>>43922692
We've established that nobody has any idea how Pokemon reproduce. How does that effect Mystery Dungeon if you take Crush?
>>
>>43922624
No, because one jump cannot decide to just override drawbacks in other jumps no matter what.
>>
>>43922730
They're delivered by Pelipper or Dragonite from Mew, duh.
>>
>>43922756
That's not what I meant.
>>
>>43922746
Right, in that case I won't throw CP at them to get what are essentially basic weapons with some videogame quirks.
>>
>>43922730
>We've established
No we haven't. One of the people in the conversation even pointed out to you that the interpretation of 'lying adults' is a valid one.
>>
>>43922803
He didn't point it out to me. I wasn't in that conversation.
>>
>>43922824
Then I did. I am now your surrogate pointer.
>>
RE: the icons in the MGR update last thread, since there seems to be some confusion between "guy holding gun" and "guy holding sword" perhaps switch them to just gun and just sword.
>>
>>43922991
I was thinking the same thing.
>>
File: metavore.gif (338 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
metavore.gif
338 KB, 500x300
>>43922644
>>
How dangerous is Resident Evil if you take Common Sense?
>>
>>43922991
Maybe I'll do Metal Gear Characters instead.
Liquid and Miller. That might work.
>>
Can we still take the MGR jump if we wiped out the Patriot memes of MGS and prevented World Marshall forming?
>>
>>43923092
Canonically speaking, what kind of perks would it take to floor Armstrong verbally? To completely out "I have a dream" him.
>>
>>43923096
That depends on a lot of things.
>>43923110
If you beat him in a verbal debate, he'll concede you're the better debater. He'll then say something about not being a pansy-ass politician and prepare to throw down.
>>
>>43923096
well you could always just go with the kanon timeline
alternatively, without PATRIOTS controlling information, cyborg tech might be even more widespread
and it's not like ending the PATRIOTS means world peace
>>
>>43922803

As the person who pointed this out the main piece of evidence is that the player character is a ten year old.

People are more likely to make up nonsense than tell a ten year old this stuff, even ones that are willing to let them do risky stuff.

>>43922730

However even if their not lying the Pokémon at least probably know how their doing it, or at least what they need to do to reproduce.
>>
>>43923048
Infinite Cake?
>>
>>43923409
No one can fight when there's infinite cake to be had.
>>
>>43923442
Why not infinite alcohol? You need something to wash down that cake.
>>
>>43921888
>>43922167

Just how far outside of the visible spectrum it allows you to see is your own fanwank territory, but do note that of the three examples given two of them - IR and HF - are both lower frequency ranges than the Visible spectrum and "heat" isn't actually a proper frequency range (though used as vulgar lay parlance I'd go with roughly mid-infrared (-170 celsius) to upper-visible (thousands of celsius).

Also, if you're seeing huge amounts of gamma rays (and you're not immune to ionising radiation) you're FUBAR.
>>
File: Yozerker.jpg (153 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Yozerker.jpg
153 KB, 700x700
>>43922644
>>
>>43923474
Too many carbs. You'd feel bloated really quick.
I prefer either a cool dairy product or straight water with cake.
>>
>>43923508
And you wouldn't feel bloated from the huge amount of carbohydrates in the cake itself?
>>
>>43923480
That would explain a lot. I wasn't sure how I'd be able to see anything with every possible light frequency in my vision at one time. Radio Waves would still be a serious problem if I didn't know what I was doing.
>>
>>43923561
Nah, cake's magic like that, and there's no carbonation in cake.
>>
>>43923573
Speaking as a diabetic, can we swap endocrine systems? Because the ability to eat cake without taking in any carbohydrates from it is something I've wanted since I was seven.
>>
>>43923569

This creates a question. Would hearing radio waves mean your pirating music just by existing?
>>
>>43923591
Sure, but only if you take the cocktail of bone diseases along with it.
>>
>>43922624
it was my interpretation that they were placed in a hammerspace that exists as part of your base form, and you'd get to keep them anywhere you still kept your body mod body.
>>
>>43923663
My only regret, when I jumped Futurama, was forgetting that I needed to make a cure for boneitis.
>>
>>43923480
>>43923569

Also, it's "hear/see outside of normal spectrum, e.g. IR, HF, heat". Note, "hear". I'd say HF is referring to high frequency sounds, not the HF radio spectrum. My fanwank would be that you could see infrared to ultraviolet light, and hear infrasonic to ultrasonic sound; not as good as the best of the animal kingdom but with better fidelity than any one of them.

Useful link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Animal_hearing_frequency_range.svg

>>43923597
No more than hearing audio waves does.
>>
-Custom companion option added to imports
-fixed wording in Immortal Bond
-clan-brother now helps in general befriending of non-humans.

>>43922644
Lewd.
>>
>>43923597
Probably not. Just because you can perceive the signal doesn't mean you can interpret it as sound. Even analog radio still has to be demodulated for it to be recognizable. At best you'd hear the static of the carrier signal.
>>
File: Gargcyoa.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gargcyoa.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43923807
woops.
>>
File: EM_Spectrum_Propertiespng.png (227 KB, 2000x1185) Image search: [Google]
EM_Spectrum_Propertiespng.png
227 KB, 2000x1185
>>43923597
That's almost certainly a flat-no. Radio waves are electromagnetic radiation. Audio is vibrations in the air; you can hear ultrasonic and extremely low frequencies, but sound is sound.

Also, I'm pretty sure radio frequencies wouldn't be seen; seeing infrared and UV is one thing, maaaybe microwave and x-ray, but being able to perceive the extremely high frequencies of gamma rays and the EXTREMELY relative low frequencies of radio waves seems incredibly unlikely even with fanwanking.
>>
>>43923747
That does seem to be the intent, but I can see where >>43922746 is coming from saying that one jump shouldn't have the power to just overwrite a type of drawback. I can see an argument for; that aside from the BFG and plasma rifle it's basic weapons, so you're really mitigating the drawback rather than cancelling it, but it is a sketchy area.
>>
>>43923927
Thing is, it's not mitigating it. Mitigating is stuff like a perk that teaches you to make cybernetics, which then lets you make a robot arm that you can use if you took a drawback that removes a limb. If a drawback says "You get no jump stuff, whether it be powers or items" and then you have an item that says you can use it anyway, that is directly opposing the drawback.
>>
>>43922640
I derped.
I meant Mega Launcher, and forgot Lucario didn't have it.
Point stands.
>>
File: Megido_Fire_SMT1.jpg (369 KB, 1280x778) Image search: [Google]
Megido_Fire_SMT1.jpg
369 KB, 1280x778
>>43922644
As stupid as it is, I kinda want one
Thanks Satan
>>
>>43923927
the rule I follow is that you take the interpretation that is the most fun for you. LoT was still plenty hard, even with my doom arsenal (I mean, who WANTS to fire a shotgun in an enclosed corridor while in the grip of heroin withdrawl?) so I figured I had them.

But then, I also wankishly figure that "drawbacks override perks" mostly means "you need roughly three times the CP value in relevant perks to overcome a drawback" and that it'll still need to be dealt with somehow

This way, my purchases prior to a jump still have plenty of value in the face of drawbacks, but I'm not able to just instantly disregarding the drawbacks for free points.
>>
>>43924034
So basically you cheat away drawbacks without even needing to deal with them?
>>
>>43923780
That sounds much more realistic that what I had envisioned. Taking Astronomy really makes you appreciate the vastness of the electromagnetic spectrum.
>>
>>43924034
Sorry man, that pretty much sounds like you're just giving yourself free points if you automatically overcome drawbacks, especially after a hundred or two jumps where you're almost guaranteed to have enough 'relevant perks'.
>>
>>43924054
You're free to look at it that way. Whatever you call it, I prefer it to "the points you've spent already are meaningless"
>>
>>43923982
A poor choice of words on my part maybe. The intent was to say that it doesn't counteract the drawback by giving you access to all of your things, rather it slips something by as a 'base' thing, as if it wasn't provided by the Doom jump.

That said, I did say earlier I'm going with the interpretation that it wouldn't work, even though I'd want it to.
>>
>>43924083
But they're not meaningless, you deliberately gave up access to them in order to get more points in your current jump.
>>
>>43924088
Again, that interpretation is still directly against the drawback in questions meaning. Even those that allow access to the Bodymod only allow access to the bodymod, not whatever some other jump wishes to include in that field.

Simple fact is that jumps do not get to interfere with the base mechanics of the chain like that except in rare instances and even then only for that one jump. It's the same as not being able to give more cp in other jumps, you can't decide that your perks or items are always available.
>>
>>43924076
I do still have to address it, it just means that a drawback that'd likely spell my death, is more likely to result in a frequent hardship, or that a drawback that would induce recurring hardships dominates the jump less frequently than indicated. it's not GONE.
>>
>>43924134
Except you're directly making it less dangerous automatically just by possessing a few perks. If you were to use perks in jumps as in say, making it easier to defeat a drawback that makes someone powerful go after you because you have a bunch of powerful perks, then that's fine. Everyone does that. Having that foe be automatically weaker solely because you have a couple perks isn't.
>>
Why are you even arguing about this, he already says he was reinterpreting it in a way he found more fun. It's not like he's saying that's how it works by default, so what if he is having fun wrong?
>>
>>43924182
He's the one trying to justify it to people man.
>>
What's a Jump with a good mix of excitement and opportunities to survive?
>>
>>43924127
Again, I'm not using it as I agree with you.
>>
>>43924194
Light of Terra
>>
>>43924194
Courage the Cowardly Dog.
>>
>>43924247
This is my third Jump. Do you think I would survive repairing a ship in Warhammer? I'm not being sarcastic.
>>
>>43924265
I think if you aren't going to break the deadlight you'd at least want to have run a few organizations beforehand for practice and abused the shit out of learning perks.

So, no.
>>
>>43924263
I was thinking about that, but I'd like to go there after going to Monsters Inc. and taking all the Drop-In perks. I would be a random nice person until a monster appears, at which point I would scare the fuck out of them and go back to normal.
>>
>>43924265
Depending on your first two jumps (I think only the Immortal + Civ jump combination would've really helped) you may have had a chance. The key really is either you have excellent negotiation/management capacity or well, you somehow have massive amounts of luck.

Otherwise >>43924279
At lower levels, doing Ravenloft is actually sometimes a wiser option than to do it later though. Or maybe go for something slightly friendlier like Skyrim?
>>
>>43924194
Gargoyles is right up the thread, has some not-bad tech perks, great charisma perks, and a damn near good magic one, and a good wiki to look through if you haven't seen it before.
>>
>>43924279
No annoying companion for me, thanks. I'm worried about heading to Warhammer in general. I like both Tzeentch and the Emperor too much for anything to end well. If not for the drawbacks and having rusty metal riveted to my skeleton I'd take the Ork companion and laugh my ass off the entire Jump. I'll ask the thread about what perks to fuck with once I'm thinking about doing it.

>>43924304
10 years as a lawyer in Ace Attorney would help, but I'm going to wait until later in my chain. I will consider Skyrim though.

>>43924312
I read Gargoyles a few minutes ago and it looked really good. Good suggestion.
>>
Speaking of Ravenloft, what edition or what-have-you is it based on? Specifically the increasing casting times on higher level spells.
>>
I don't see many on, but for the Eldar Jump

I definitely want a Wraith option, I don't care if its a Wraith knight purchase, or a squad of Wraithguard or what not but it would be awesome

Go craft world Iyaden.
>>
>>43924410
>Iyaden
A shit, Il-Kaithe a best.
>>
>>43924432
Il-Kaithe is pretty crazy anon.
>>
>>43923821
Does the Gray Goo actually have sentience, sapience, or count as a companion? If not I'm grabbing those nanites.

Can the nanites you can eventually make with machinist do the whole shapeshifting armor with a mental interface thing?
>>
>>43924450
Yes and?
>>
How unethical is it to take Patches in Dodgeball? You're condemning a weird old guy to die ironically in every new world you visit.
>>
>>43924474
and?

I like making stuff out of wraith bone anon.
>>
>>43924478
So does Il-Kaithe.
>>
>>43924472
Gray goo is fully sapient, and does count as a companion. It also has a presence in the dreaming, so it has a spirit of some kind.

The nanites could do that, yes. You'd still need to figure out how to successfully connect and interpret the signals, but that shouldn't be too hard. It's comic book science, basically.
>>
>>43924515
Cool. I'll make my own that I can merge with my preexisting nanites. Always nice to have armor on command.
>>
Two things.
1) If Marvelanon is on could you tell me whether we can combine items we already have when buying stuff in the Marvel jump.

2) Ninjanon posted last week about adding a bit of extra stuff to the Naruto jump and asked for someone to post a reminder if nothing showed up for a few days. So there it is.
>>
Is there anything that would let me know when a crime is happening in the city I'm in short of putting spy cameras everywhere?
>>
>>43924750
Robocop has "Somewhere There Is A Crime Happening" that does exactly what you're describing.
>>
>>43924769
That is very good. Lets me know when and helps me find where someone could lose there life.

Any similar perks out there for other criminal acts?
>>
>>43924820
Dark Souls has a perk that allows you to tell if a person is guilty of something heinous.
And there's another perk from some jump I can't remember that lets you know if someone is truly repentant or not of any crimes they might have committed. Kindof hoping someone else will pick up on that one, since my memory is apparently shit.
Anyway, if you could combine those two you would have a pretty solid grounding for sniffing out shitheads.
>>
Is there an escaflowne jump?
>>
>>43924838
No, personally I was going to work on it, but I'm working on something else right now, and I'm not sure if I'll go back to working on it.
>>
>>43923145
If you take I Fought The Law, does it make it so ALL senators secretly have nanomachines like Armstrong, or do they have their own gimmicks like a senator with psychic powers, a senator who's secretly a Patriot who uploaded himself into a cyborg body and a senator who's basically Richard Hawke?
>>
File: super ethical.jpg (518 KB, 1000x577) Image search: [Google]
super ethical.jpg
518 KB, 1000x577
>>43924477
>>
>>43924410
I'll probably put the smallest of the wraith giants. However it'll probably be a companion. They aren't mindless machine y'know but spirits of dead warriors operating the wraith construct.
Haven't gotten that far. Still need to deal with warrior paths.
>>
>>43924836
I'm not certain that it's the perk, but True Lies has "They were all bad." Which grants the ability to know when someone committed a serious crime and if they can be redeemed or not.
>>
>>43925297
Not him, but I'd totally be down for a waifuguard companion.
>>
File: Lego_Color_Bricks.jpg (3 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
Lego_Color_Bricks.jpg
3 MB, 3872x2592
>>43922644
You asked for this
>>
File: Lego+tack.jpg (132 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Lego+tack.jpg
132 KB, 500x750
>>43925329
How about an upgrade.
>>
Could Skullgirl's Artificial Parasites let you make artificial Living Weapons?
>>
>>43924312
How much danger would I be in if I entered that Jump without having read the source material?
>>
What is the best Jump for lawyering an evil corporation into the ground after Ace Attorney?
>>
>>43925520
If you have any sort of magic resistance and aren't in the habit of picking fights with powerful fey lords not much. Infamous on it's own would let you survive pretty easy.
>>
>>43925367
Isn't that what it does already?
>>43925534
Robocop
>>
>>43925520
Not much more than if you had, just stay away from any red haired gargoyles(if you find an attractive red headed business woman who refuses to work at night, stay away from her too, they are the same person), don't piss off the fey, and let the main characters take care of things.
>>
>>43925552
I don't have magic resistance. What I have is every technology perk and the goal of dismantling a major corporation in the Jump after this one.
>>
>>43925587
Can I improve the world with technology and not have people coming to kill me?
>>
>>43925558
There's a difference between Parasites and Living Weapons, that being Parasites are grafted onto a person, and are extremely hard to safely remove. Living Weapons on the other hand are able to be put down and picked up by someone else, though the weapon itself may decide not to help someone it doesn't like.

If I can only make Artificial Parasites then I have to make one per person and that's what they're pretty much stuck with. If I can make Artificial Living Weapons then I can make multiple and let people swap them around. I might use one normally, but could lend it to a companion if it'll help what they're doing.

The two have similarities, but I don't want to assume I can make Artificial Living Weapons with a perk that only explicitly mentions making Artificial Parasites. Hopefully some science perks can expand it if the perk isn't enough.
>>
>>43925596
There is at least one point when the entire human race (Possibly just new york, I forget) gets magically petrified. So watch out for that but otherwise you'll not do too bad.
>>
>>43925617
Fuck. I have no defense against that. Are any other Jumps good for getting perks to take down an evil corporation?
>>
>>43925596
Do you have a way of making personal force fields? Pretty sure magic was able to be resisted by energy fields, Puck set a force field up at one point, that was able to resist Oberon's attempts at getting through it until it ran out of power.
>>43925602
Just sell it to Xanatos, or join the Illuminati and hand it out to the members, which is kind of the same as selling it to Xanatos. Xanatos will just sell it to everyone everywhere because that's where the money is.
>>
>>43923110
There's a perk in Big O that lets you say something once per fight that will shake your opponent to the bones.
>>
>>43925626
If you don't affect the plot much it will resolve itself, alternately pick gargoyle in jump (they weren't affected).
>>
>>43925640
Xanatos is going to be buried in technology when I complete this Jump. It may not be until I get passive magic resistance, but he will be when I do. This is only my fourth Jump, and I'm looking for Perks to let me send the entire OCP board to jail. I have Ace Attorney, and I need something to increase my chances. If I rely on Great Revival to pull me through I'm not confident in my ability to expose them.
>>
>>43925644
Hey Armstrong!

What?

The Patriots accounted for you.
>>
>>43924820
Danger Sense from Card Captor lets you know if your Friends, Family or Companions are in danger.

Pull like a superman or something and make a LOT of friends all over.
>>
>>43924194
SIMs
>>
If I Jump Princess Bride as a Drop-In who walks around removing suffering without messing with the main story and looking for technically not priceless treasure to fund a legal team as part of a plan to save a city in the future would either goal succeed? If anyone asks about the plan, I'll tell them the complete truth and ask if they're refreshed by my honesty.
>>
>>43922746
My thought is that as long as you have access to your items or your perks, you'd get to keep them, and there's a lot of drawbacks that only strip out one or the other. Also, remember that the Deadlight isn't a drawback, so that doesn't apply.
>>
>>43926059
Most power sealing drawbacks take both. The Deadlight is a jump mechanic and counts every bit as much as a drawback.
>>
File: 02.jpg (20 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
20 KB, 350x300
>>43924750
>>43924769
>Somewhere There Is A Crime Happening from Robocop
>All-Seeing Eye from Mushoku Tensei
>Teleportation from Samurai Jack

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!
>>
>>43926183
Man I just realized, Oblivion is almost ten years old. There are some enduring memes from that game; criminal scum and horse armor.
>>
>>43926083
You don't choose Deadlight, so it's not a drawback, and there's nothing wrong with exploiting any loopholes.

Then again, I also house rule that my Body Mod body includes the peak human fitness and agility I bought in Pokemon, so take that with a grain of salt if you'd like.
>>
>>43926256
And cheese.

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
>>
>>43926059
Thing is summonable items aren't a new thing (see Hellsing and numerous others). They're almost always categorized as items (only exception that comes to mind is Jojo's steamroller), and therefore are lost when you take a no items drawback. It's not like this is some unique purchase or anything, it's just a fairly common type of item that you're fanwanking amazing bonuses onto one instance of when there's no reason and tons of precedent against you.
>>
>>43926273
Well, since you've shown you're explicitly ignoring the rules of the deadlight, there's not much point trying to hold this discussion with you anyway.
>>
>>43926273
You choose the Deadlight by not breaking it, you even get CP for doing so later. You're managing an argument on the same level of Terato's numerous "it doesn't say I can't" ideas.
>>
>>43926298
Considering that the rules of the Deadlight are "make your body mod around this Jump rather than choosing what makes sense for every other Jump," I think I'm justified in saying fuck you to that little bit of stupidity.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (82 KB, 645x421) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
82 KB, 645x421
I know I'm probably a bit late, but if the Metal Gear Rising jump is being worked on, I'd like to throw in a request for a Nanomachines option. If it's not too much trouble, just because I thought it was odd that that's not an option.
>>
>>43926375
No, not really. The rules of the deadlight are that you only get your bodymod stuff and experience/skills you've learnt personally. It's your choice to build your bodymod around LoT or not. All you're doing is pussying out by giving yourself stuff from other jumps because you couldn't handle it the same way everyone else does.
>>
>>43926290
The issue is that this particular one does try to be special by explicitly saying you can use it regardless of drawbacks.

The thing that should settle this topic is that Drawbacks override Perks. A drawback saying No beats a perk saying Yes.
>>
>>43926414
You can also have mundane modern gear, like a normal bullet proof vest or something, just not your enchanted hypertech cloak of victory. That means you might be able to have the normal Doom weapons, but you'd have to carry them everywhere: no hammerspace unless you break the Deadlight.
>>
>>43926552
If Doom weapons are the equivalent of modern Swat gear then yeah, considering that was basically the level Babylon gave as the bar.
>>
>>43926526
Had missed that bit. I'd say it's just plain stupid jump design on the level of Nice Quirky Girl.
>>
>>43926552
The problem with that is that your hammerspace is gone, too. In addition, plenty of the Doom weapons are not normal weapons.

This just comes across as Tera'ing.
>>
>>43926414
I built my body mod around having those two perks from Pokemon. If I didn't, obviously I'd put a lot more points into stats instead of perks. But I did, and I'm not going to let one Jump punish me for wanting to not stink instead of paying for an endurance bonus that was already outdated when I was offered it.

You don't like it? I don't give a fuck. I'll always rule that any "brought down to normal" drawback includes my Pokemon physique, any skills I ever purchased, and the ability to make any ultratech that doesn't violate that Jump's laws of physics.
>>
>>43926634
Just got here but-while I shan't comment on the rest, I don't mind the ultratech bit at least. You have your memories after all, logically you ought to at least retain a general understanding of how to do those useful things you've presumably employed at some point during your journey
>>
>>43926596
I did say the hammerspace is gone, not sure why you're saying that again.

I just look at them again though and I don't think you could have any of them, since they all have a special ammo thing that makes them decidedly not mundane.
>>
>>43924660
Oh, was that the discussion on Hyuuga and clan born and other stuff? I'd quite like to see that too. Hope Ninjanon sees your post.

I do have a question for Ninjanon, if you see this. Can companions buy items?
>>
>>43926634
Well, some people are just born cheaters. Sad to see you're too much of a bitch to do it right.
>>
>>43926831
Glad to see you're so much of a bitch that your anus detonates when someone uses a bit of common sense.
>>
>>43926869
>Common Sense
>I can't deal with power drawbacks like everyone else in this forum so I give myself extra stuff
Suuuuuuuure
>>
In One Piece could I buy the faded map and get a fruit (after appropriate shenanigans and adventures of course) that's essentially a reskin of Nico Robin's devil fruit? Reskin in this case meaning the sort of differences that the jump says can happen for fruits that already exist like a different colour Smoke Smoke fruit.
>>
>>43926695
If the hammerspace is gone, and your weapons were in it, then it stands to reason that the weapons are gone, too. Unless you're saying that in between jumps you walk around with your Doom weapons out of hammerspace?
>>
>>43926895
I think that's pretty much exactly the sort of thing the map was made for, so I'd personally say "sure."
>>
>>43926877
>you must build your body mod based on my jump!
>if you don't buy your physical attributes from it, you lose them!
>even though you could literally have the same modifications from the very first jump you did!
>that'll teach you to have fun!
I think common sense is the appropriate term.
>>
>>43926937
This is solely you assuming you have to build the body-mod based around LoT, which you don't and plenty of people have not done so and still managed find their way through fine.
>>
>>43926937
>Jump says you only get body mod stuff
>Obviously I should give myself stuff from my first jump as well
You're not that great at reading huh?
>>
>>43926895
How would the reskin look? The reactions of the Strawhats as you explain your powers are entirely different because of something like "the parts I sprout are red" would be amazing.
>>
>>43926924
I thought you might have been able to pick them as your mundane weapons, but they aren't mundane.
>>
>>43926925
Really? That's good then.

>>43926993
I haven't quite worked that out. I don't know about a literal reskin, though I suppose since I have hairy arms it already isa literal reskin.

Don't suppose you have any suggestions?
>>
>>43927064
Maybe have the sprouted appendages take on the texture of the thing they're extended from? So if you made arms emerge from a stone floor they'd look like they were made from stone, for example. It would just be cosmetic, they'd retain their normal durability and other physical properties, but it could look pretty cool.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
Say, is anyone familiar with Highschool DxD? We understand the Longinus weapons are apparently the strongest ones in the setting, but could anyone elaborate on their capabilities and nature-especially the True Longinus?
>>
>>43926962
Regardless of whether people have done it, it's absurd to say that if you pay for peak human endurance in Body Mod you get to keep it, while if you didn't because you paid for it already and the two won't stack (since they don't specify a boost but a set level) you shouldn't.

>>43926976
It's pretty clear you're the one who can't read.
>>
File: JUST THIS ONCE.png (238 KB, 714x404) Image search: [Google]
JUST THIS ONCE.png
238 KB, 714x404
>>
>>43927099
Ooh, that's cool. I'll go with that.

>Obviously my Devil Fruit is different, hers causes copies of her limbs to appear on surfaces. Mine makes a limb out of a copy of whatever it is sprouting from that just happens to be shaped similarly to my own. Totally different.
>>
>>43927164
Oh you'd better believe that I stole those nanites
>>
>>43927113
A Longinus is the title given to any Sacred Gear that has the potential to kill gods. The title is taken from the Spear of Longinus, called the True Longinus, which is the only one that can kill gods in it's base form.

There are thirteen, and their abilities seem unconnected, except for Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing.

Here's a list of them: http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/Longinus

Of course, since they are still Sacred Gears, they are subject to the power of their wielder. Despite Booster Gear being a Longinus, at the beginning of the series, it's current user is a perfectly normal human boy, so it's power isn't that great. Compare the current user of Divine Dividing, who is a half-devil and the great-grandson of the original Lucifer.
>>
>>43927164
I want your ass inside me.
>>
>>43927113
Possession of a Longinus immediately marks you as a lethal threat to immortals/gods.

...That's basically it. It's not a property, it's a recognition of capability.

http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/True_Longinus
It's kind of bullshit, especially once Balance Breaker got into the mix.
>>
>>43927113
"Longinus" is a generic term for any weapon strong enough to kill gods (or even God, potentially) and destroy the world, it doesn't imply any specific mechanism by which it does so. If there's any uniting factor among them it's that they're exceptions to the normal rules of how Sacred Gears function, having abilities that should be impossible to exist in that particular configuration. Kind of like how in Type Moon everyone who's anyone has a Noble Phantasm that breaks the rules for how Noble Phantasms are supposed to work. As such they're not supposed to be possible to replicate, but it is possible to make new ones. As for the True Longinus, it's your generic overpowered holy energy weapon. Blasts of purifying light, forcefields, and some "miracles" that vary based on the wielder and their will and due to being nebulously defined can do whatever would be appropriate. It's the Spear of Destiny, it doesn't have to explain shit.
>>
>>43927113
The Longinus are classified as powerful Sacred Gears capable of killing gods. This is pretty major. For instance, the first Longinus we ever see in the series is the Boosted Gear, which doubles your power every ten seconds in its base form, then in Balance Breaker, a super mode if you will, (though it suffers from the Super Saiyan effect) it lets you do it constantly. That means that you go from x1 to x2, x4, x8, x16, etc. until your body can't handle it anymore. Another thing it can do is transfer the boosts(not the power) to someone else as you will, and just use all the power you get as a big explosion, though that resets the counter.

That's the very first one introduced.

Anyway, the True Longinus is the spear that pierced Jesus Christ, and it's a Holy weapon, so it'll work wonders on Demons and the like. It can make a blade of holy energy that can easily vaporize an Ultimate Class Devil(the highest rank there is, other than Super Devil, which if I remember correctly means you're stronger than the original Satans)

The True Longinus also has a Balance Breaker, though it's apparently different from its original Balance Breaker. No one knows what the old one does. Anyway, the True Longinus' current Balance Breaker creates seven identical orbs of light which have different effects. One can teleport anything it touches, even the user, and another is basically an almighty(I think) attack deflector. There's more, which you can check out here http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/True_Longinus

Now that I think about it, I should have just linked you to that in the first place.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>43927263
>>43927240
>>43927226
>it's the Spear of Destiny

Alright, that's...yeah, that explains everything we guess. So they basically sound like EX rank Anti-Divine Noble Phantasms except not running on Type-Moon rules and possibly even more bullshit given what DxD powerlevels are apparently like. Like, maybe Extra levels of bullshit.

Thanks guys!
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>43927276
Found the pages already, but thanks!

Damn. The power of Christ is strong in these ones.
>>
>>43927313
>Alright, that's...yeah, that explains everything we guess.

No it doesn't. The abilities True Longinus gets in Balance Breaker make no fucking sense,

>So they basically sound like EX rank Anti-Divine Noble Phantasms

Eh. Like >>43927240 said, it's not a property, but a mark of potential. They COULD kill gods, but that doesn't mean they're better at killing gods than they are at killing anything else, except, again, for True Longinus. And maybe Incinerate Anthem, which might have a Holy element to it.
>>
Question. If I take Anubis to Soul Eater and make him my Demon Weapon, and if I give him the multiple forms (can't remember the name) perk, can I use the Armsfusion Crafter from Aion to give him new forms? And if I can't then what could I use?
>>
Question.

How do people deal with Light of Terra? HOW DO YOU SUCCEED?
>>
>>43927550
The greatest issue is that, as far as I understand it, Bodymod is unfair if the person doing the jumps already has good traits, physique, etc, as they don't need to buy certain stuff, while people struck with disease, disabled, terrible sight, etc, are screwed over. Especially in things that revert you to bodymod.

Like Light of Terra
>>
>>43927440
>The abilities True Longinus gets in Balance Breaker make no fucking sense
I... think they're based on Hinduism. Or Buddhism. Or Taoism? Whatever the religion from wherever CaoCao is from.
>>
>>43927550
By sticking close to my companion and Luck of the damned in the Part 1 while having trying to learn about the ways of life of the tribes. Always stay in groups when dealing with a drifting Imperium Vessel since we aren't space marines.
>>
>>43927550
Be stupid powerful before you go there then break the Deadlight. My experiences playing 40k RPG makes me automatically disbelieve anyone that says they survived leaving it intact.

That is mostly just my bias. It is possible to do, I just consider it to always be in the minority chance.
>>
>>43927550
By breaking the Deadlight and being an overpowered shounen Mary Sue.
>>
>>43927573
Exactly. Why the hell would a Christian artifact have abilities based around a different religion?

Even if you accept that, the abilities are still random and unconnected to the Spear itself in any way.
>>
>>43927550
By taking it late in your chain and having a shit ton of experience to pull from.
>>
File: Antispiralstartled.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralstartled.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>43927550
1. Spend like, half a day comatose in the fetal position from the loss of your transcendental divinity until your Necron spyder bro takes pity and replaces most of your body with necrodermies to numb the pain

2. Remember the basics of CQC

3. Meet up with Magnus early on, and channel all your frustration and self-loathing into becoming a pyromantic alpha psyker/part time sentient fireball to reclaim some of your gross incandesence

3b. Optionally, somehow roll Psychic Blade 4 times and become the bone of your sword

4. Invest in buffing the shit out of your settlers-and in friendly natives. They may be useless maggots but you need /someone/ to keep the trains running on time while dealing with more important things, like sidequests and staving off your ever-present addiction for life energy. Be sure to have a good fair few enemies both so that there's enough pressure that nobody seriously considers a mutiny in your own camp, and so that you have some tasty snacks if you get the munchies and there aren't enough people being arrested.

5. When you meet up with Zandrekh, explain how you've suffered a terminal loss of mental capacity due to your ressurection and spend a good few days/weeks/months reviewing the old fellow's campaigns, Necron technology's capabilities and generally do your homework before going off to space battle things.

6. When in doubt, the answer is fire.

7. The answer is always fire.
>>
>>43927620
Balance Breakers... don't have to make sense. They do most of time, but sometimes you get strange shit, like Siegfried using his Twice Critical to grow arms Asura Wrath-style.

It's Shounen. Just nod and move along.
>>
>>43927550
By having the eternal patience to tolerate cutist-chan's shenanigans.
>>
>>43927730
Alternatively, another appropriate answer that isn't fire would be "throw it into the deep black of space and let physics sort it out".
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
Question for Wild Card-suppose one were to read the Word of Kemmler from Dresden Files. Compared to that, would the boost from also reading the Blood, Bone and Heart of Kemmler be negligible or significant?

It's pretty unclear in the books as well, but how powerful would you say a wizard with all the Practitioner perks who read all the books mentioned above be?

>>43927805
But this is Warhammer, not Mass Effect 3 and there isn't a Prothean origin
>>
>>43927868
Honor the Prothean in your heart.
>>
>>43927550
Okay, so I just looked up Light of Terra for the first time. Carwyn is best girl
>>
>>43928003
Well, Carwyn is potentially best girl. Though the alternative is best trap, so that's still pretty good.
>>
>>43927550
If you are late in your chain it is only survivable by breaking the deadlight.

Since perks give you ability and skill are lost you are screwed. You would be overestimating your own ability the whole time. Unless you took no perks ever or only ever practiced mundane skills you will be trying to use them on reflex. Those mundane skills can't have ever been augmented by perks or you lose your basic muscle memory too. Keeping you memories is a hindrance. For example if you have used to force for hundreds of years to aid you combat you will try to use it on reflex, and that is when you get killed because you are open.

If you take it early in your chain you have a better chance, but need to take heavy drawbacks to get the skills/equipment to survive. It is doable, but caution is advised.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (51 KB, 310x288) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.jpg
51 KB, 310x288
>>43928019
>Implying that traps can't be best girl
>>
>>43928038
I'm just being pedantic, anon. Insisting on technicalities of terminology is a vital part of being on the internet.
>>
>>43927550
By remaining essentially human despite 5228 years of jumping beforehand, so the disempowerment isn't a fatal shock. Also, taking a jump right beforehand that has a "lose all your powers" drawback can be a good way to acclimate yourself to powerlessness

By training the shit out of mundane hand-to-hand, espionage and ranged weapons in the first place. Your body and powers are reverted to bodymod levels, but your muscle memory and experiences remain with you. You can still get all Krombopulos Michael on some motherfuckers.

by having known heroin withdrawl before, so the unfortunate lack of morphine isn't fatal.

by accruing so much leadership expertise and confidence that even without your supernatural powers, you have an easy time rallying folks to your cause.
>>
>>43928003
Only if you like mindrape.
>>
>>43928260
Hey, you gotta get through the tsun somehow. And it's not like that hasn't happened to me before anyway.
>>
>>43928260
The trick is in going through the Eldar jump beforehand, completely disarming most of the "buh-buh lesser being tho" arguments Carwyn might have, even if the Deadlight is unbroken.
>>
File: Rising Jump 2.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Rising Jump 2.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Edited.
>>
File: n5108b4bb7de2e.png (59 KB, 363x203) Image search: [Google]
n5108b4bb7de2e.png
59 KB, 363x203
>>43927550
Despite my severe hatred of all things 40k, I did actually create a hypothetical build for it several months ago, which is not canon, in the same way that DBZ and Renegade Jumper which I also made builds for are not considered "canon". Because if they exist in my chain then their placement is so far towards the end (or, in the case of DBZ, are the literal end) that I can't actually use any of the powers I get from it for anything meaningful, and it's mostly just a thing to say I have a build for. I did it because I was bored.
For reference, most of the time I either number jumps or place a little note where the jump number should be that reads something like "this one comes before/after <Jump Name>."
DBZ is simply numbered "Jump#X".
Renegade Jumper is "Jump#X -1", and LoT is "Jump#X -2".

Anyway, regardless, in this hypothetical scenario that I don't actually get powers from, my method of survival initially involved crying. A lot. Then I became friends with a techpriest and we built a lot of stuff together. And we basically science'd the hell out of everythang.
I had the eidetic memory cyber implant, so even if all my reflexes were all shot to hell I still knew a lot of science, although the rituals and prayers were weird.
I did not break the deadlight, because I have problems with Warhammer, and so it was more of a shield on my hip than a thorn in my side.
But yeah.

I basically went full techpriest.

I'm sure Techpriestanon will find that fun.
>>
How bad of an idea would it be to save Sniper Wolf's life and later convincing her to join Snake and Otacon?
>>
>>43928564
Well, it seemed to work out well enough for Quiet. Why not, a little fire support can go a long way.
>>
>>43928601
Didn't she get shot in the chest?
>>
>>43928434
>full techpriest
I think that he and the DEldar are the two that would get the most out of being companions. TPriest for all the cool tech in /jc/, DEldar for all the suffering.
>>
>>43928409
nice imaging bro
>>
>>43928409
Could you use Cut At Will with a blunt HF weapon, and instead of having it fall apart it shatters instead?
>>
>>43925520
There are a few events to avoid. The time Oberon put all of New York to sleep, most of the world tour, Australia being a quarter eaten by the gray goo. Otherwise, just avoid the KKK but with hammers and the Illuminati and you'll be fine. There are also ghosts and a minor alien situation in one of the locations.

>>43925617
It was just Manhattan.

>>43925640
In Gargoyles "energy is energy", so any energy defense would work, until they animate weapons to attack or something.

>>43927550
I ruled Luck of the Damned stopping me from dieing of infection or anything lame and rolled impossibly well for everything else. I already have it done as jump 16 of my current chain and it's a point where my character goes from aimless to "huh, I didn't know I had it in me. Let's see what else I can do."
>>
>>43929553
I see no reason why you couldn't, but only for shattering/exploding/similar things.

If Ken wouldn't turn around and say "omae wa mou, shindeiru" afterwards, chances are the perk doesn't apply.
>>
>>43929901
Sweet. Thanks.
>>
>>43928409
Which has the better CQC option, this or the MGS jump?
>>
>>43930096
MGR gives you awareness of everything within 3 metres, and says you can take on an army, though that's with cyborg implants.

MGS gives you "true mastery", the ability to subdue groups of enemies with ease, exceptional spacial awareness, and peak-human strength.

I'd say I prefer MGR
>>
>>43930096
They both cost the same, don't they? They're probably equal.
>>
>>43930096
MGR has more power, MGS has actual technical mastery. Solid Snake says himself that the CQC used by the PMCs and mercs is nothing more than a pail imitation of the real thing.
>>
How big is Light of a Terra, the ship, anyway?
>>
>>43930096
MGS Jump. It's always been the MGS Jump.
This question is asked pretty often, I should probably add something to MGS to clarify.

Or maybe I should edit MGR's to say it incorporates anti-cyborg techniques?...

Later, I'm lazy.
>>
>>43930239
The exact measurements are left intentionally vague, but it's somewhere between twenty and thirty-two kilometers long. It is an utterly colossal machine.
>>
In terms of Light of Terra or any jump with "take your powers away" option, how does it work if you have your amazing skills in one thing but you also practiced that thing shitload?

Can you ever be rid of Cultist-chan or I am blind and missed something?
>>
>>43930267
>In terms of Light of Terra or any jump with "take your powers away" option, how does it work if you have your amazing skills in one thing but you also practiced that thing shitload?
The general assumption is that if you actually put work into practicing those skills you'll still retain them. Maybe not to the degree your superhuman self was capable of, but you'd still have a lot of experience to draw on.

>Can you ever be rid of Cultist-chan or I am blind and missed something?
You can be rid of Cultist-chan once you get to Orikan, she's able to die permanently then. Though if she survives she actually becomes much less annoying and actually a pretty potent asset to have loyal to you, so you might want to spare her. Check the additional notes pdf, what happens to her is described there.
>>
>>43930234
>>43930245

Ah shit, I should explain why. Well, in MGS4 and onward, PMCs learned CQC from reading dime novels and declassified mission details of Operation Snake Eater, and tried to retroactively piece together the style from these documents.

Meanwhile, everyone on Mother Base, Diamond Dogs, and all of the Snakes learned it by sparring with Big Boss (co-inventor of the style) himself and by witnessing the style being used in combat.

It's like trying to learn Kung Fu from the style's founder, who trains you in it's usage and has you in actual combat to develop your skills, versus learning Kung Fu from a picture-less book and the second-hand reporting of your friend, who met a guy who claims to have watched a movie with legit Kung Fu.
>>
File: ABAFH.jpg (127 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
ABAFH.jpg
127 KB, 800x1150
>>43930378
>PMCs learned CQC from reading dime novels

W-wha?

Isn't...isn't that kind of like trying to learn how to do espionage by watching James Bond films? Or trying to learn how to be a samurai by watching Akira Kurosawa films?

Damn, at least that explains all the backflips and rolls.
>>
Jumpers, how did you treat your pokemon in pokemon trainer jump and then afterwards?

Who here took pokeglot?
>>
>>43930692
I treated them like close friends at first, though that may have edged into familial territory by the end of the Jump. I didn't take Pokeglot though, since I just didn't have the CP to spare, even when I took two +300 CP Drawbacks.
>>
>>43930692
I tried to maintain a professional distance with my pokemon. We were colleagues, not friends. It felt wrong to treat them as friends when I had hunted some of them down just to gain their power. If I were to be honest they would have been tools to me and not partners, but I figured I had to have the decency to at least acknowledge their agency.
>>
>>43930692
>>43930775
Ah, I forgot to mention. After some more jumps, like Anarchy Reigns and such, I went into Ace Combat to give all of them human forms, so I don't need Pokeglot anymore anyway.
>>
>>43930692
like working dogs, mostly. Y'know how different breeds of dogs have "jobs" they want to be doing? I figured Pokes were kinda like that.

Afterwards, they come out when appropriate. As I accrue more companions it winds up being very situational, and they spend a lot of time with clones of me doing things in Warehouse Space. Well, except for Pikachu and Gardevoir who became weapons in soul eater.
>>
File: Spr_GS_Silver_1.png (2 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
Spr_GS_Silver_1.png
2 KB, 56x56
>>43930692
At first as weapons and then afterwards as weapons.

I LEARNED NOTHING!
>>
>>43913987
4. Percy Jackson
Origin: Drop-In, Pantheon: Divine Bureaucracy, Age: 13
Perks: Old Traditions [Ancient China], Mist Manipulation, Pull of Fate (-100), Clear Sight (-200), Fate's Chosen (-400)
Items: Daedalus Laptop (-200)
Band (-100)
Chimmy: Monster - Child of Sun Wukong(-100), Old Traditions, Monstrous Strength, Unnatural Skill - Martial Arts(-100), Legendary Trait - Can make illusory copies with his fur (-200), Primal Terror (-400), Bad Oath (+200)

I'm subtle, Chimmy is loud, so I'm working with that. Mist manipulation is practically necessary with a bestial body mod, and fate manipulation is a fun school to take up as a jumper. Especially when you want to change up a story without negatively impacting it overmuch.

I've never read the books and barely scene the movie, but my research so far has indicated the Celestial Bureaucracy has little to no involvement in anything anyway. So I applied for an internship with one of the gods using Jumpchan as a reference. They weren't eager to hire a 13 year old until I explained that I was basically homeless and without any family besides Chimmy. So I learned to file and became the oracular intern of Tu Er Shen, chosen because he was the only god from this pantheon that I ever heard of that wasn't the Buddha. I sent faxes, learned to file, and handed out flyers at first, but was upgraded to a secretary before jump's end.

Chimmy meanwhile is having the time of his life as one of the "tamed" monsters. He still wrestles and fights with his family, and he isn't actually Son Wukong's kid, so much as great great great great grandchild, but there's still some strength in his monkey-blood. His bad oath placed Son Wukong's actual circlet on his head, with the same headache inducing consequences. The bad oath keeps him in line and has turned him into something of a gofer amongst the Bureaucracy, who don't mind abusing their power over him.
>>
>>43930863

Would be fairly amusing if you went to Journey to the West after this.
>>
>>43930692
In pokemon? Friends. Afterwards? Varies between the six.
>>
>>43930842
Not really.

I'd already played Pokemon Silver so I already learned the lesson about not using Pokemon as weapons (as they work less well as weapons if you do that).

They're mostly just smart pets with ridiculous powers. Never really import them as anything so they basically stay that way.
>>
>>43930692
They were my cutie patoot little snuggle muffins. I didn't really like gym battles. I preferred contests. I mean, they learned attacks, and we could defend ourselves, but mostly I just liked hanging out and traveling with them and making pretty sparkle shows. Sometimes they wore ribbons.

Really, if it weren't for the whole "missing a god damn leg and swinging a wrench around" I'd been the very picture of one of those pieces of eyecandy that follow Ash around.
As it was, I ended up attaching a sidecar to my motorcycle so my Pokemon could ride along with me.
>>
>>43930881
That's not for a minute yet, I'm afraid. Just doesn't feel right this early in the chain.
>>
File: Sleeping Dogs Jump v1.2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping Dogs Jump v1.2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Oh, and I added some backgrounds and stuff to this. No image yet, I'm all imaged out.
>>
>>43931037

Cool. Don't worry about images, they don't add much.
>>
>>43930692
I'm naturally cuddly, but I did have goals I needed their help in for Pokemon. So we'd fight and I'd get all super-happy when they won and hold them when we lost. And then they turned independent in Mystery Dungeon and I had to punch them in the snoot to establish dominance. I was feeling betrayed for a long time because of that, but in the end I left them behind. It's probably better to leave them among people who understand them, though.
>>
>>43928623
Anon, a simple jump to Franken Fran and you could probably make her durable enough that the bullet would bounce off.
>>
So while in DC did anyone make it a goal to get Kryptonian DNA? I mean it's too good not to pass up. Even in his DCAU verse where Supes was pretty weak, it was worth it.

If you did how'd you go about it? How did Lex get the DNA anyways to make Superboy?
>>
>>43931575
Martian DNA is more useful and Daxamites are easier to weaken.
>>
>>43930245
works for me
>>
File: blankstare.gif (823 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
blankstare.gif
823 KB, 500x343
>>43931575
Meh. The kryptonite allergy thing didn't seem worth reverse engineering away. We did get a sample of Doomsday's DNA after poking around the wreckage of one of Lex's labs when he inevitably broke free, just to see what weirdness /could/ be made from it. More a curio than anything.

We were far more interested in investigating the mechanics of Lanturn rings, and in deploying magical drones to scan Wonder Woman's composition to see if fae-blooded magic could possibly replicate the divine arts that created her from clay.

>>43930692
Somewhere between >>43930778 and >>43930823 actually, with the exception of our starter Gar and our PMD partner Blaize. Both of whom were like sisters to us what with counting on them to survive their feral brethren but-the past is another country.

It's awkward being around someone who remembers back when you were merely mortal.
>>
>>43931575
>How did Lex get the DNA anyways to make Superboy?
Through a semen sample of course.
>>
>>43931661
Daxamites have a major weakness which is lead. Martian DNA also has massive weakness to fire.

>>43931748
Doomsday would make an excellent planet buster. Toss him on a planet, then see how long before he blows it up.
>>
File: dread pirate roberts.jpg (53 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
dread pirate roberts.jpg
53 KB, 650x380
>>43926047
Princess Bride setting is basically medieval not-quite-Earth with mild fantasy elements, so... maybe?
>>
>>43927868
My impression is that the Bone, Blood, Heart, and Word are intended as a complete set, rather than the Word being a "best of" collection. Having the first three will give you far more power than the Word alone, although obviously not as much as the Darkhallow alone.

As for how powerful you'd be? Until we learn more about the Black Council I can't comment on your odds against Cowl, but you're at least as good a Necromancer as any other Kemmlerite, and certainly a better Wizard.
>>
>>43930996
Same here.
Apart from the only sapient pokemon (Alakazam) and the one started i imported.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>43931899
Ayep, sounds about right. Peace Talks probably won't shed more light on Kemmler & co's true potential, and all things considered there's a good chance Cowl's in the top 10 rankings for wizard powerlevels on the planet since he was apparently stronger than McCoy so he might be drawing from more than one pool of resources to do thinks like tank a busted Darkhallow.

It seems implied the Kemmlerites chose to specialise in fields of necromancy though-the Corpsetaker dealt with souls, Grevane just spammed hordes of zombies. Damned if we know what we'd spec in, although it'd probably be a good idea to save mixing Soulfire into necromancy for after the jump.
>>
>>43931575
>>43931661
>>43931800
Become a Burning Martian.

No, seriously. They're crazy strong, all the benefits of both green and white martians with none of their drawbacks, plus all the fire. The Manhunter trashed the whole League by himself when he went full pyro.

As Jumper, you generally either have enough willpower to curb the "Pyromanic DEldar" personality, or are evil already so it doesn't matter.

It's not even that hard to get, just splice regular green or white martian DNA, use some genetics and/or psychic perks to undo the mess the Guardians made... and set yourself on fire.

Not a bad deal, if you ask me. Totally doing it once I hit DC.
>>
>>43927571
Actually, note that if* you take BodyMod, it explicitly says "You start out with zero in each stat, which is the human average".

*BodyMod is optional: you can take it whenever you want, so long as its after the Pokemon jump (or if you skipped that). You could theoretically do an entire chain with just your original meatsack (unless you took a jump that required BodyMod, though personally I'd have no problem with anyone who went "original flavour" in those too).
>>
>>43931223
That would require consent or allying with Fox and those two things are not going to happen especially since Wolf doesn't seem like someone who would be willing to allow someone to mess with her body that could risk messing up her sniping skills. Plus Foxhound is a suspicious of someone like you and have Ocelot or Decoy keeping an eye on you.
>>
>>43932196
Wait a second. If that's true, then is 20/20 NOT treated as the human average? Isn't that what it is? At 20 feet you can see what average people can see from 20 feet.
>>
>>43932446
Quicksilver made a small miscalculation there.
>>
>>43932446
To be fair I'm so used to my vision being shit that I suppose I took it for granted that 20/20 vision was some arcane thing that few people have.
>>
>>43932017
There's always necrobotany. I don't think anyone else has does it, and there's something eerily beautiful about a copse of dead trees growing from the ground, or a garden of pre-dried herbs which will never quite give up the ghost.
>>
>>43932446
Perhaps the Benefactor's average was based on a different statistical sample of people to that of the doctors who came up with the standard. I actually did some looking (heh) on this some time back, and it turns out "20/20" is pretty much just where a group of docs ballparked the line and said "we're going to call this normal vision". And then everyone else went "okay".
>>
>>43932446
>>43932632
So do you technically actually start with 1 point in Sense if 20/20 is the level 1 but you start with average of human race and 20/20 is average?
>>
>>43932974
That seems to be RAW, yeah. But you also need to by the previous rank to get to Sense 2 anyway.
>>
>>43933031
Yeah, but that is why I said that if 20/2pm is average and you get the average, it means you actually start with one level of sense for free.

Also, DAMN YOU COLOR FOR BEING SO EXPENSIVE!

Now, how fast is Usain Bolt on motorcycle, the max speed level?
>>
>>43933085
He's as fast as a motorcycle. As always, when in doubt, fanwank.
>>
>>43933113
Kay,

Anyway, why is the Color perk so dang expensive?
>>
>>43933160
Because Silver isn't a fan of niggers and sand-people? I dunno, it's a cosmetic thing. Might as well ask why extra dick length costs so much.
>>
>>43928409
There's a typo in Zandatsu Approved.
>weekly of maintenance
Kill the of.
>>
>>43933233
There's also an extra a somewhere in a word. I don't know where, but I remember it exists.
>>
>>43933160
Same reason being flexible is twice as expensive as being agile, or why Charmer gets massive ranks of Endowed instead of Metavore or Cleansed - Quicksilver might have designed Jumpchain, but that doesn't mean he was good at designing Jumps.
>>
>>43932974
My general assumption is that buying sense one insures you don't get near or farsighted with age. Basically it ensures you'll always be 20/20 instead of vision getting worse with age like most people do.
>>43930863
Good to see someone going drop in. Also interesting setup with the Monster companion.
>>
>>43933283
Arguably, while dyeing your hair damages it, I think with at least one or two appeals or such it should be enough to be not that damaged and retain volume and make sure you get KAWORU HAIR COLOR
>>
>>43932017
Speaking of this, I'd like to know why you actually underwent the darkhallow and what you hoped to achieve by doing so. Was this just experimenting towards godhood or what?
>>
File: poklineup.png (954 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
poklineup.png
954 KB, 1920x1200
Decided to roll how many friends I had due to my Small Town origin in Pokemon (between 3 and 6 as I figure it's barely a tight circle without at least 4 people). I then went on a random Sim generator for Sims 4 to create some basic interest for each of them, some of it translated pretty well, got a criminal and an angler so tweaked them to water Pokemon enthusiast and a Grunt of a team (also rolled which team).

Finally I rolled a random 1st stage Hoenn native Pokemon as their starter and which one had a crush.

Raphael a brilliant nerdy sort trying to get rich (Lunatone)
Sylvia a squeamish and precise water pokemon enthusiast (Spheal)
Matt an active outdoorsman type who got on well with others (Zangoose)
Bliss a well meaning and romantic Team Aqua grunt (Poochyena) who has a crush on our protagonist
aaand then there's me - a physically fit, Aura wielding Savant with a Bagon and teamwork skills up the wazoo

Pretty weird that the random names of the two girls sound like Pokemon. Really glad I rolled 16 years old and Hoenn this run.

I also rolled how many of them came with me when I left Hoenn due to being hassled by Team Magma. They all came along. Makes me feel a little bad for skipping universe 10 years down the line.
>>
Does the ship of a shipgirl disappear when one gets imported in? I'm kind of curious what would happen when I import my Fleet of Fog. Like what happens to their mental models.
>>
File: Metal Gear Rising Jump 2.21.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Rising Jump 2.21.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Heey.
>>
>>43933674
Yup, the ship itself disappears with no possibility of shapeshifting into it. Most you can do is buy that Stand-esque power.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.