[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your PC's personal hell and how would they escape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: anglo_1920x1080_heavensent1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1020) Image search: [Google]
anglo_1920x1080_heavensent1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1020
What is your PC's personal hell and how would they escape from it /tg/?
>>
>>43922538
A temple city where everyone is unified in their faith of a god who makes regular public appearances.

He'd escape by doing the same thing he plans on doing in the material plane, convincing everyone that he's a god in mortal form so he can draw power from their worship.
>>
A firing range stocked with every weapon ever, but no ammo.
>>
>>43922538
>IhavenolimbsbutImustfight.exe
>>
The bomb takes 30 seconds to disarm.

The bomb detonates in 28 seconds.

The only way to escape the explosion is if he could run in a single direction for 30 seconds.

All he can do is make a phone call to his loved one, and let them know that, even at the end, they were the only thing on his mind.
>>
>>43922538

A comfy palace with a hundred servants eager to answer their every whim, guards that keep danger away at all times and no possible chance of anything bad happening, ever. Just perfect peace, quiet and indulgence.

While they'd find it amusing for a while, eventually it'd become a hellish torment. He'd escape it the same way he'd escape any other place; get a weapon or improvise one, sing a song for the heroes of old and start wrecking shit (objects and people) until there is no longer a problem.
>>
>>43922538
Being stuck in a gunfight with an enemy he can't fathom. DM confided in me that we're fighting aliens soon so here it goes!
>>
Having the moral compromises she's made revealed, put on public record before her, and in great detail told how each of those compromises were in vain.
>>
>>43922538
An inescapable cage. And... They don't.
>>
File: Undead_parish02.jpg (182 KB, 570x520) Image search: [Google]
Undead_parish02.jpg
182 KB, 570x520
Better question would your PC keep punching the wall or give up?
>>
>>43922538
Why didn't he punch the wall twice per life? He'd have been out in a billion years instead of two.
>>
Did this episode remind anyone else of Dark Souls?
>>
Being constantly dragged along on dangerous adventures. So basically, his current situation.

He could escape from it by killing himself I suppose.
>>
>>43923114
>punching the wall

My PC would have brought C4.
>>
>>43922538
Being put in mage cuffs and sent to a Lone Star or Knight Errant run prison chummer.

I'd escape by planning some sort of breakout with my fellow inmates and my mentor, Snake.
>>
My character has killed a lot of people. Not in the normal, "adventuring" sense either. He's killed innocent civilians, thousands of them, burned them alive group by group within their houses or whatever structure they took refuge in.

We had a sequence where dead loved ones and friends who still had something to say appeared in ghostly form for the PCs to talk to for a few minutes. Most saw friends and family, to happily talk to and say goodbyes. I only saw a sea of raging ghosts and the thunderous shouts of anger.

So he's already experienced a little bit of it, he's also determined that he's going kill the next fortune teller who tries to speak to the dead.
>>
File: 2015-09-20_00050.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-20_00050.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>
Being surrounded by heretics, heathens, and undead without his smiting stick.

>it ain't easy being a cleric of pelor
>>
>>43922538
Not being able to save anyone, forced to watch them suffer.
>>
File: black-knight.jpg (26 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
black-knight.jpg
26 KB, 460x288
>>43922729
Bite their legs off!
>>
>>43923365
You don't get to bring C4 when Gwyn's army comes to take you away.
>>
>>43925360
...Source?
>>
File: 2015-09-20_00045.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-20_00045.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>43925610
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
>>
A group of people in total discord: no sense of community, no mutual respect/love, everyone totally individualistic and cruel, no friendship, and no ale or feasting.
>>
>>43922538
>My PC is a professional escape artist

Well, something they can't escape from. Which sorta defeats half the point.
>>
>>43922538
His evil adoptive uncle killing his wife and sacrificing said wife and with her his unborn twin daughters to the goddess of evil and chaos.
He would probably break down crying for a bit before (or while) going nuclear and crippling anything even resembling a cultist, subjecting them to inhuman tortures if he runs out of cultist.
>>
>>43928394
It's obvious, Anon.
Your PC can only get out when he stops trying, stops thinking of escaping.
>>
>>43923137
He punched it several times in the first cycle that we saw. Then the corpse got him.

Presumably as he got further and further through the diamond wall he would have more and more time to punch.

As the cycles progress he would be accelerating through the wall. But it would be bloody hard to tell.

>>43923114
The doctor only punched the wall a few times and it broke. The previous cycles are unremembered.
>>
>>43922538
Having limbs damaged or violently removed, only for them to regrow so the process might repeat.

After a few weeks of terrified delirium, she might just find her resolve and push forward regardless of damage, but that's a crapshoot.
>>
>>43922538
An endless meadow filled with imperial guardsmen.

All of them salute him, listing off their achievements in the battlefield and how much they liked their service in casual conversation.

They shun him for not having anything of note to say, other than "I patched a couple of non-threatening injuries."

They get aggressive and start going off about "honor" and "duty" and all that jazz.

He can't find any obscura. He can't find any lho-sticks. There is nothing but watered down recaff in the world for this little addict.

This meadow is the lowest of hells.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (368 KB, 1280x624) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
368 KB, 1280x624
>>43922538
Being me. Killing themselves probably.
>>
My PC is forced the relive the last 24 hours of their own life each and every time someone else dies.

Today, a person dies every 0.56 seconds.

Having to redo 24 hours just to gain less than a second of permanence turns lust and greed into gluttony.
>>
File: 1-00-E-02.jpg (158 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1-00-E-02.jpg
158 KB, 1680x1050
>>43928196
So this?
>>
>>43929751
I think a totally pure Randian city with no way out is the Hell of any sane man.
>>
File: 1429346969675.png (463 KB, 621x688) Image search: [Google]
1429346969675.png
463 KB, 621x688
>>43922538
An empty white box with no one to fight
Alternatively, being forever surrounded by people telling that "Nah, violence solves nothing, girl", "you have to touch other with your mind, no your fists" without being able to punch / stab / [insert violence related verb] them.

>>43923114
If she could punch the walls, she'd do it 'till she has nothing to punch with. But it'd stop being total hell then.
>>
A city surrounded by endless stretches of thoroughly cultivated plains. No mountain where she can live alone. Soft, fat, pale, urbanized people everywhere. People who've never had to strangle a yak to death for food. And of course, everyone wants to chat and inject the poison of civilization into her.

To escape, she would either have to accept that society isn't as inherently bad as she thinks, or double down on hate. BURY THESE WEAKLINGS IN AN ETERNAL WINTER, SHOW THEM THE FOLLY OF THEIR DELUSIONS OF SAFETY, GIVE ME BACK MY FUCKING MOUNTAIN.
>>
>>43923114
He'd punch the wall until the end of time if necessary.
>>
A Shrine World.
>>
File: 585_5.jpg (157 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
585_5.jpg
157 KB, 728x409
>>
>>43922652
Corpse Emperor pls
>>
Everyone ITT needs to check out Kult: Beyond the Veil.
>>
Hell is other PCs.
>>
>>43922738
>30 seconds
For hell, that seems awfully not-eternal.
>>
File: THIS IS THE OTHER PLACE.gif (1 MB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS THE OTHER PLACE.gif
1 MB, 200x148
>>43922741
You a fan of the Twilight Zone, Anon?
>>
>>43923114
Gotta admit, I'm usually not a fan of Doctor Who, but that episode I really liked.

The idea of the cycle of the Doctor's personal hell repeating over and over until he could literally break out of his own demons was really something neat that I wish I could integrate in a game somehow... really hard to do, though, and I suck as a GM
>>
stripped of his position, confronted with his true self behind his mask of feigned charisma. A grotesque figure chasing him around, impervious to anything he could throw at it, finding him anywhere he goes and constantly reminding him that no matter how much he fights, he will never get back what he lost. No matter how much he justifies his efforts with love, the shadow keeps reminding him that he only joined the Guard in order to die and his acts are just a result of him cowardly clinging to life with any excuse he can find. If he ever tries taking his own life during this trial, he is bound to fail his attempt.

IC: I'm sorry, Freja... Emperor's teeth, it's all fragging true.
I think I'm getting a bit too invested in this character. I guess it tends to happen when you play the same guy for two years straight.
>>
File: Fuck yeah my nigga.jpg (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yeah my nigga.jpg
87 KB, 400x400
Being an Eloi in a village of other Eloi with full awareness of the fact that the Morlocks are using them like cattle.

By the time he's done with them, they'd be the toughest, most hard-as-nails ragtag bunch of Tucker's kobold-wannabees you've ever seen.
>>
>>43933219
Wait, there's an "HG Well's The Time Machine" RPG?
>>
>>43933219
That doesn't sound like hell
that sounds fun
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.