[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Knights Errant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x620
Anyone know how Knights Errant will work? I mean, aren't they too few in number during the Heresy to be able to field any significant force of them and still remain true to lore. From what I can recall, there were around 10-15 total mentioned in Vengeful Spirit. Who would their commanders be(besides Garro)? Saul Tarvitz? Loken? Malcador himself? Would they rely on auxiliary forces to boost their numbers?
>>
>>43922348

Rubio and Varren are the only other Knights Errant who comanded their own missions.

Personally, a DIY Knight Errant would be sweet.
>>
>>43922348
>Malcador
is about as likely to get his own model as the Emperor is.

That is to say, not at all.
>>
I am expecting an Inquisition like faction here mechanically. You can pick only HQs and Elites and it has to be a detachment with one of the other Imperium factions.
>>
>>43922715
That's what I'm thinking, too, along with the Sisters of Silence. Small allied detachments rather than stand-alone armies
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1024x726
>>43922715
Custodes, Sisters of Silence, and Knights Errant would be cool.
>>
>>43922348

If I recall correctly, besides Garro there is just going to be Rubio and Knight Errant you can build in Book 6. Like Garro they'll be HQ choices and not an army unto themselves.
>>
>>43922348
>Anyone know how Knights Errant will work?

Same as the Navigator and all Agents of the Emperor, they take up an HQ slot in your list and can never be the compulsory HQ or warlord. I assume all Knights will have different perks but same rules regarding the objectives as Garro.
>>
>>43922684
>That is to say, not at all.

FW said they will do an Emperor model and rules when they get to the last book, its been known since the earliest open days.
>>
>>43922348

>we're getting Knights Errant shit
>still no sign of the Rogue Trader Militant army listed years ago

I dont know whether to be sad or mad.
>>
>>43922925
I hope they can take heavy weapons, I want to make a fucker with Heavy Bolter+Suspensor Web and a Power Fist. He ditched his traitor legion for they were always complaining of his absurd levels of collateral damage and disregard for mission objectives.

>You are a loose cannon Duke! Here's your gun and badge, now fuck shit up! IN HIS NAME!

Now when the Sigilite needs something destroyed but Eversors are out of the question he calls in Duke "The Nuke".
>>
>>43922869
remove the topknot and that would be 10/10 cutie
>>
>>43922348
What the fuck are Knights Errant? Is this more Horus Heresy novel cancer?
>>
>>43922348
By the later years of the Heresy there are a little under a chapters-worth of Knights Errant operating across the galaxy. The force we see in Vengeful Spirit is only a small part of that.
>>
>>43926239
>Implying the Topknot doesn't make her a 20/10 cutie
>>
>>43922788
>>43922869
This would need some reworking of the current FoC though as you can currently only take 2 different factions max, and with stuff like Sisters, Custodes & Knights errants you might want all of that on top of your main force.
>>
>>43926259

Yes, but its from when the novels ranged from alright to good. They're the origins of the Inquisition and the Grey Knights.
>>
>>43926349
she looks like an orc/mongol hybrid
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 768x1024
>>43926723
>Not liking topknots on women
>>
File: Sister-of-Silence.jpg (642 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Sister-of-Silence.jpg
642 KB, 1536x2048
>>43927423
>Liking ugleh women

Get some standards.
>>
>>43926259
In old lore the Emperor asked the Sigilite to find a group of people that were loyal to the core and willing to do anything for the Imperium, some where humans, others from traitor legions. These people became the Inquisition and the Grey Knights. Knight Errants is just expanding on that idea.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.