[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I were to run a game where the players are 1970s teenagers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: dazed-and-confused-1.jpg (62 KB, 720x455) Image search: [Google]
dazed-and-confused-1.jpg
62 KB, 720x455
If I were to run a game where the players are 1970s teenagers out on a night of debauchery and partying, what system would I use?
>>
Fiasco.
>>
>>43919681
None. If they're a buncha post-hippy stoners, they fail at everything they attempt anyhow.
>>
>>43919755
>>43919755
>>
File: mcconaughey-600x450.jpg (110 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mcconaughey-600x450.jpg
110 KB, 800x600
>>43919760
You sound salty
>>
>>43919681
GURPS
>>
>>43919681
That's a really good question. Is there ANY decent modern game out there?
>>
>>43919681
FATAL.

They're a band of metal-head stoners on a mission to fuck their way across the country and free Charles Manson from prison.
>>
>>43919681
Call of Cthulhu.
>>
>>43920441
Heh, OP didn't say how their night would end.
>>
>>43919681
>60s
Call of Cthulhu

>70s
Don't Rest Your Head

>80s
Vampire - The Masquerade

>90s
Monsters and Other Childish Things

>00s
Apocalypse World
>>
>>43920932
What if theres no supernatural shit going on?
>>
>>43921026
Play without?
>>
>>43919755
Gonna agree with this.

I am sure there is a playset out there somewhere for it.
>>
Either >>43919755 or "Spirit of 77"
>>
You could always use all flesh must be eaten, it even has a system for flaws and such.
>>
Everyone is John
>>
Monsterhearts? It's already about teenage archetypes, just don't take the obviously supernatural abilities/skins.
>>
>>43921026
They're high
>>
>>43919681
Lasers and feeling, swap out the Lasers and Feeling characteristics for Hip and Square.

Hip is used for scoring weed, pulling girls, not puking in the back seat and jumping fences.

Square is used for talking your way out of trouble "I'm sorry officer, we were just...", ,getting backup from your older brother, resisting temptation and giving mouth to mouth when your friend ODs.
>>
Misspent Youth. The stats can all be "sold out" to allow instant success, but you will never get that youth back. Neat game.
>>
Monster Hearts or Mortal Coil.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.