[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You and your ship are drawn into the body of a creature the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Abelsark.jpg (302 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Abelsark.jpg
302 KB, 960x720
>You and your ship are drawn into the body of a creature the size of a Solar System
>>
>>43916428

I point out to the GM that such a creature grossly violates the laws of reality, and unless he rectifies this mistake into something more realistic, I'll let everyone at the game store know he's an awful unrealistic GM, and leave to take my business elsewhere.
>>
File: 44.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
44.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>43916454
>muh realism
>>
>>43916454
If you didn't want to see the laws of reality you so hold dear be grossly violated you maybe should stay away from cosmic horror games, since that's what this scenario sounds like.
>>
>>43916454

>Not wanting to go spelunking inside of cthulhu: the space ship

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>43916428

A creature that big ought to generate enough gravity to pull us in. I fully expect this creatures 'immune' system to completely dwarf us as well.
>>
>>43916475
>>43916491
>People responding seriously to something I'm pretty sure is a joke about 'muh realism' faggots.

Guys

Come on.

Also not that anon, inb4 someone posts "I was only pretending to be retarded."
>>
>Accidentally damage creature slightly
>Go on wacky adventure around creatures body whilst running from leukocytes
>Discover and destroy tumour in creatures brain
>Escape, creature now eternally grateful to us for saving its life.
>Have solar system sized best buddie.
>>
>>43916454
Considering that OP does not specify any elements of the creature's biology other than scale, you cannot given that data accurately claim that the creature violates known physical laws.
>>
>>43916428
That's okay, I have an eraser.
>>
>>43916731

Given it's size maybe it has it's own internal ecology that it draws the bulk of it's energy from? Maybe it also somehow derives energy from consuming space debris and soaking up ambient backround radiation.
>>
>>43916797
Maybe it's just a Dyson sphere that happens to be made out of meat.
>>
>>43916731
How does the creature avoid gravitational collapse?

If you were to have a collection of gasses with the same density as earth's atmosphere fill an entire solar system, that would be a black hole.

Organic matter is much denser than earth's atmosphere.

Ergo, this creature would be denser than a blackhole of equal size. It should collapse into itself.
>>
>>43916797
I recommend these entirely too much, but read Blindsight and The Island, both by Peter Watts. Great looks into wierd-ass macroscale biology.
>>
Who says we aren't in one already?
>>
>>43916855
Guess we were wrong about physics, because there it is right in front of us.
>>
>>43916855
Key here being OP didn't specify the biology. Theoretically speaking, a Dyson-sphere of thin neurons is still technically a creature even if limits on even if limits on speed-of-thought would make it more like a hivemind.
>>
>>43916454
>I'll let everyone at the game store know he's an awful unrealistic GM
ooh, dangerous
>>
>>43916878
Unrealistic, shit tier gm, shit tier sci-fi.
>>
>>43916428
>implying my ship isn't as big as solar system
>>
>>43916475
Funniest clip from that show.
>>
Maybe it can be some kind of sci-fi god of sorts kind of like the Traveler from Destiny only bigger.
>>
>>43916855
>implying this creature has same roughly-convex shape as Earth's fauna
>implying density of a family of compounds means anything about the density of a complex object containing said compounds
>>
>>43916551
I was only pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: kjjhj.gif (374 KB, 470x352) Image search: [Google]
kjjhj.gif
374 KB, 470x352
>>43916855
>How does the creature avoid gravitational collapse?
How does our solar system?

ATHEISTS BTFO
>>
File: Unsure.jpg (85 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Unsure.jpg
85 KB, 250x250
>>43917626
>How does our solar system?

By not being composed of matter the way "creatures" are.
>>
>>43916428

Okay, I probably don't even notice give the staggering huge size difference. I might be inside the body of a massive creature right now, who knows.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.