[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mechanically, what is the funnest RPG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: stunt_die.jpg (26 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
stunt_die.jpg
26 KB, 300x267
Mechanically, what is the funnest RPG?
>>
>>43914704
Stickman
>>
>>43914704
Objectively, probably drinking games or ones that involve other substances.

Maybe one of them couples erotic games? Dunno, I suppose if you had the right set of sexually liberal people it might work rather than being super awkward.

Other than that, mathematical mechanics aren't exactly "fun" in the same way they can be fun in normal board games. The closer you get to tactical wargaming, and hence boardgaming, the more the fun-ness of the mechanics matters I think.

I guess there's still an argument that the average rpg needs mechanics that are more than just purely functional. But we still rely on roleplaying to deliver the moments that truly entertain us.
>>
>>43914704
Your least favorite.
>>
LARPs. You hit people with foam sticks, that is a good time.
>>
>>43914704
What do you mean by fun? As in, mechanically fun or with stuff specifically geared towards humor?

I tried Lone Wolf out yesterday, and I have to say that I had a lot of fun, though that's also probably thanks to the great DM that we got
>>
Paranoia.

Fun is mandatory.
>>
>>43914704
That's an entirely subjective question, but I personally enjoy Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
Masturbation
>>
FATAL
>>
GURPS
>>
I have to agree, if you're having fun with LARPing it's probably the most fun you'll be having with any RPG experience.

It's really not for everyone though.
>>
>>43917482

Shit, forgot to link >>43916426
>>
>>43914704
Clay-O-Rama and its expansion Claydonia Conquers the World!
>>
>>43916672
Correct answer.

>>43917482
Like last year when the bridal shower occupied my tent and tried to get me to strip for shots. They showed me how and one almost brought the tent down, and it's a big tent!
>>
>>43914704
'fun' is just a buzzword
>>
>>43914704

Depends on what you value in a game's mechanics.

If you value solid, well designed crunch that is enjoyable to play with on its own, then I'd say Legends of the Wulin is the top dog in that department.

If you prefer simple and quick resolutions to a scene, then your taste is dogshit and anything up to and including free form would probably be fine with you, you tasteless heathen.
>>
File: haha im trolling.jpg (158 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
haha im trolling.jpg
158 KB, 460x460
>>43914704
F.A.T.A.L.
>>
>>43914704
Fiasco
>>
>>43914704
Fatal
thats the most funny mechanical rules
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.