[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #603: Spice Weasel Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43896389
>>
>>43909647
Thank you for your interest

The reason is because "Akagi" is actually a prequel to a "Ten" manga, which takes place... Well, quite many years later, and still has Akagi in it. I intended to make a jump for that and make a scenario there and everything, but then life just... Fizzled, all the inspiration out of me.

So now I am just reading W.I.T.C.H. at the moment, hoping a spark will come around. Feel free to pod the poor sod, but I just might get around to hopefully doing the thing in the future.
>>
Question: SOMA guantlet has the "ITEM #2749: Jumper perk, which says:

> "If there is ever a situation where your consciousness is copied onto another body or device that can hold it, you will be able to transfer your consciousness to that thing. Without this ability, uploading a copy of your mind would create a clone. For you, it's a consciousness transfer. You don't black out either."

Assume I upload myself into a robot body I build myself, and decide to stick around in it...
Would my physical perks start working on it?
>>
>>43911183
That sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Annette. Hope you find some inspiration on that front.
>>
>>43907188
>>43907401
See, IIRC, te reason Inuart went batshit in canon was because he couldn't fuck Furiae because shes the Goddess and so believed Manah/was mindraped into believing Manah could "cure" her. Furiae is still the Goddess, so no sex for Inuart.

>>43907195
Eh, Verdelet is harmless, and me and Caim have educated Seere in the School of Hard Knocks enough that he knows not to listen to him and to lessen his impact on others.
>>
>>43911975
By "School of Hard Knocks", I assume you mean that you kicked Verdelet in the head every time he said something insane, therefore providing an incentive for Seere to not say such things?
>>
>>43911975
*the
This shitty keyboard!

>>43911998
That, and i gave him a club to use every time someone said something stupid.
>>
>>43912040
That's even better than what I was hoping for. God bless you, Yakuzanon.
>>
File: Cockroach.jpg (6 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
Cockroach.jpg
6 KB, 250x202
>>43912081
It's what i do Anon, it's what i do.

Hmm, how would Caim fare against against one of the cockroaches?
>>
>>43912248
Problem is that the Johj primary power is arguably evolution, so it all depends on how advanced an individual creature is.
>>
>>43911225
That would be pretty sweet, you know project freelancer has a perk that allows your uploaded consciousness to fit into anything capable of computing,I bet they would combo pretty well together.
>>
>>43911225
Probably not, but presumably physical perks you acquire in future jumps work by jump fiat.

>>43912328
You agreeing with an idea is generally a sign it's wrong and/or retarded.
>>
>>43911225

Losing all of your physical perks because you transferred into a new body seems kind of like losing them because you used magic to shapeshift.

Sure technically the robot body suddenly being better because your in it doesn't make much sense without 'because magic and/or jump fiat', but your physical perks not having issues when your physical form spontaneously changes also doesn't make sense without ''because magic and/or jump fiat'.
>>
>>43912308
IIRC, Annette has said before tat we would beat pre-armor Guts, Caim is pretty good with a sword.

Have a video of him cutting down 6-7 armored guys in one swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2hNEVf9jE
>>
>>43912481
I think it really depends on which physical perks in question are meant here. Like a perk that's based on "you are big and tough because you are a dragon" is probably not going to carry over as well as "your reflexes are really, really good man"

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with the latter; you're just a stronger angel/squid/tiger because that's your altmode, whereas this is choosing to abandon your body for a robot one.

Unless the robot body counts as an altmode, in which case I withdraw my objection
>>
>>43912516
*that *he *that comma is supposed to be a period.
>>
MGR's modular cyborg body is that based on Mistral's ability to take Dwarf Gekko limbs? Could I combine it with Zandatsu Approved?
>>
>>43912516
..Annette? You mean Val, right? Val did Drakengard.

And yeah. Yeah, you have to be damn good to kill Death with your sword.
>>
>>43912538
Yep, looks like it. Don't quote me on this, but I was pretty sure they're all mutually exclusive
>>
>>43912549
Yeah, i think it was Val. My bad.
>>
>>43912393
Oh I don't think physical perks would transfer, unless it was something like super martial arts and you had adaptability. But Yeah being able to process any piece of machinery With a processor sounds Handy.
>>
File: One-Punch-Man-44.jpg (114 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
One-Punch-Man-44.jpg
114 KB, 600x400
Hey /jc/, what sort of Stand do you think Mumen Rider would manifest?
>>
>>43911225
This is why I'm working on technorganizing my body. Perfect blend of organic and technology. That way I don't have to worry about is my physical perks going to hold up.

Now transferring my mind to another body. I don't think the perks would come with. However if you're smart enough to transfer your mind, you're smart enough to find technological ways to get those body abilities back. Even so if you survive 10 years by fiat of the chain itself you're granted a new body and all your perks comes with it. So you won't lose much in long run.

However it's always good to keep clones of oneself, without the higher brain function. That way you can move in at moments notice.
>>
>>43912651
It'd probably be something lame, but with some extraordinary property, like an unbreakable bycicle or something. Call it "Riding Dirty".
>>
>>43912651
>There's a Stand literally named Justice
Granted, it's not very fitting power-wise, but still. Probably something like Wheel of Fortune.
>>
>>43912651
Hey, did you actually pod Mumen Rider? Did you seriously deprive a universe of its greatest bastion of justice and all that is good?
>>
>>43912651
Do you think Bicycle guy or whatever his name from One punch man would be able to survive being scratched by the arrow?
>>
>>43912735
Definitely. One of the only things about him that can be called extraordinary is his willpower. In that regard, he's definitely strong enough to handle the Arrow.
>>
>>43912735
He survived getting slammed into the ground repeatedly by a guy who beat two S-classes, so yes?
>>
>>43912787
Sea King was playing with him the entire time. It's not like he was as durable as any of the other high-ranking heroes there. He just has lots of GUTS.
>>
>>43912735
It's spiritual power not physical power his spirit is quite strong. Of course I just gave him Armstrong' s Nanomachines, but yeah he could Probably take a scratch
>>
>>43912728
Time is frozen in the world you left. All you have to do is send him home before you finish jumping and the world won't miss him.

Meanwhile, you can give him enough superpowers to truly save the day, instead of getting beaten up by every asshole who wants to prove they're evil.
>>
>>43912867
Forgot about that. Now I don't feel nearly as guilty about some stuff.
>>
>>43912651
>Safety Dance
It manifests as a midget that dances around, and its effect makes the stand user and all his allies immune to all non supernatural non catastrophic damage.
>>
>>43912531

My main issue is that their both basically 'the substance and form of your body has been completely changed'. Well at least for stuff besides cosmetic changes.

I agree that you should need to be in dragon mode to use "you are big and tough because you are a dragon", but if turning into a robot means you lose say Physical Fitness from Pokemon the dragon form should probably also lose it.

However if you want to assume that theirs something different about restructuring matter and energy to obtain a new form, and simply transferring into a new body there is something else that should be considered.

Methods for transferring your consciousness into a new body have existed for a while. For example Lord of Light has it that most of the backgrounds can get a perk that's basically ''you can transfer into a new body whenever you want' for free, or 100 cp if they pick the two backgrounds that don't get it.

Alternatively there's The Nightmare Before Christmas has two capstone perks that are basically 'you can replace your body parts by adding new parts to them'.

Also unless your a perpetual drop in you get a new body every ten years(other than some exceptions)

Although I should probably note that my agreement is mostly that saying 'yes you lose them or less you keep them' should apply to other stuff people might not consider.
>>
>>43912810
I fail to see how this means he shouldn't have been puking his lungs up after that.
>>
>>43912812
It wasn't just Armstrong's Nanomachines is also the upgraded Adamantium bicycle And BMX gear,The Force sensitivity and Gray Jedi training,And the once per day Ring of wish
>>
>>43912931
I can agree with that. Funny, I don't recall anyone bringing it up back when those techniques first came out. I figured in the Nightmare before Christamas spooky halloween magic made the body parts intrinsically part of you but-I dunno anymore.

>>43912651
Drive. It manifests as a bound Stand attached to his bike, and it makes it so the bike is literally indestructible Siberian-style when he performs the Justice Crash. It also gives him a similar level of physical durability, which weakens the further away he is from his bike and the bike itself is only indestructible when he's sitting on it.
>>
>>43912962
He was still wearing armour, so that probably protected him somewhat. And he did take noticeable damage.
>>
>>43913021
I'm pretty sure he /did/ puke blood up or something in the manga, or at least got beaten so hard he was dry-heaving.
>>
>>43912962
BMX gear is Specifically designed for high-speed impacts like Getting punched by the Sea King, So what >>43913021 Said And it's not like the punch didn't hurt him really bad, he was a fucking ragdoll in caped Baldy's arms .
>>
>>43913021
Yeah, i know. That's what i'm saying. He's more durable then some A-Classes.
>>
>>43913108
Both of those A-Classes got wrecked because Sea King actually attacked them. He hit Inazuma Max hard enough to launch him across the street into another building, and he was still able to pull off his seemingly strongest attack. There's no way Mumen Rider could handle that. Snek is pretty much the same.
>>
>>43913108
No it doesn't, the Sea King wasn't thinking of him as a serious opponent and Wasn't trying to Fight him so much as trying to demonstrate physical superiority.
>>
>>43913092
>BMX gear is Specifically designed for high-speed impacts
No it's not.
>>
>>43913163
You fall off a BMX bike you're going to be going fast and you're going to be hurt it damn well should! I mean look at these ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awy9oCe5Cl0
>>
>>43913198
For one, that's not BMX, that's super/motocross.
For two, the vast majority of protective gear for both motorcycles and bicycles, with exception of the helmet, is designed to prevent shit like road-rash. Not impacts, but scraping injuries.
>>
File: Gargcyoa1.4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gargcyoa1.4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
-Reduced Origin and race prices
-Gargoyles have a unique age roll reflecting Gargoyle egg-laying cycles
-The "useless" time machine is now a stable 300 CP
-Added average lifespan increase to Fae-blooded
-Nerfed Immortality-Bound: now all it requires is both individuals being in a state that would kill them, no time limit. Both a blessing and a curse, in that under the original wording one partner could come back and if the other was killed within a minute they would both die, but if one partner were to sustain damage and still be a smear on the pavement after a minute had passed, the other partner could be killed freely and both would regenerate
-Nerfed Mad Biologist: perk now mentions equipment; for reference, the ability to rearrange DNA or biology by thinking hard or however you want does subvert this
-Companion import is now 400 CP for 8 with 400 CP, rather than 400 CP for a history and a race.

Anything else anyone wants to see touched up?
>>
Can we get a Thousand Arms or Eternal Ring Jumpchain?
>>
>>43913426
Rule 1
>>
Do we have a Skulduggery Pleasant jump?
>>
>>43913468
We don't ,but we should.
>>
>>43913468
rule 1
>>
>>43913426
It's spelt 'pestilent'.

Unless you're going for some sort of ant/disease themed pun superhero title in which case fair enough.
>>
>>43913511
Rule 1?
>>
>>43913536
Don't talk about fight club.
>>
>>43913536
Asking for a jump is tantamount to declaring you're willing to make it.
>>
>>43913536
You asked if a jump exists if it doesn't you make it/
>>
>>43913536
If you request a jump you have to make it Your self.
>>
>>43913536
"If you ask for it you should make it" is basically Rule 1. You don't actually have to follow it but its a general suggestion
>>
>>43913536
>>43913577
>>43913578
>>43913581
>>43913584
Which is nonsense by the way, since it will lead to the jump either never being made or being half assed.
>>
>>43913604
It's a deterrent to stop the constant requests for people to make jumps, and to stop someone from demanding a specific jumpmaker make a jump.

Don't ask for it if you aren't willing to do it yourself.
>>
>>43913604
It's not the same as claiming a jump, but it's a gentle way to encourage people not to request too much from the jump makers, otherwise we'd be flooded with requests and We Would hit the limit and No jumping or discussion would wind up getting done.
>>
>>43913577
>>43913578
>>43913581
>>43913584

Note that this rule doesn't apply if someone has stated they already plan on making the jump. So you should probably still check if it's being worked on or not just incase.
>>
>>43913536

Forgot to quote this post in this one>>43913684
>>
File: jumperdoingthings.png (1 MB, 551x801) Image search: [Google]
jumperdoingthings.png
1 MB, 551x801
>>43913291
Erm. Nothing springs to mind. I'll just try and see if anything's changed in the build so far.

Drawbacks: Oberon, Cycle of Revenge, The Jumper Chronicles (1600)

Big Business, "human", Age 25 (1500)

Rolled Manhatten Island, New York

Tech Adapting (Free)
Fae-Blooded (700)
Xanatos Gambit (400)
Technosorcery (200)
CEO (100)
Well-Read (50)
LoadsamoneyX2 (Free)
Laser Gun (0)

Huh. Surprisingly little. Gargoyles was a bit of an awkward phase, since it was in the interim period between the time we-well, I at this point made a conscious decision to start calling myself the Anti-Spiral, and a good long time after I'd come into my divinity post-Darkhallow amongst other things.

Somewhere in between the falling angel and the rising ape, I apparently became Cave Johnson if Cave Johnson was a changeling and also an actual accredited genius.

The wacky inventions definitely played a part. Like the digitisation of seiðr and seidr to create a runic programming language, cursing opponents far more efficiently than ever before. Or the HUDs for reverse engineering other spellcasters' techniques by automatically copying their somatic gestures. Or the thrice-cursed nanoswarms with preprogrammed formulae for alchemising iron on the spot.

We don't talk about the holy lemon grenades though.

We just don't.
>>
Hypothetically I'm 25 right now, and I think completely differently than I did when I was 15. When I'm 55 and 65 I'm going to think differently than I do now. Even one Jump is 10 years. How do I know how I'm going to act after that length of time? Any Jumps I write out won't represent what wpuld happen.
>>
>>43913811
Well, you don't and cant, realistically speaking. You'll just have to use your imagination.
>>
File: 40k Jump Redux.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
40k Jump Redux.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Speaking of updates, 40k Redux is now 40k Imperium jump.
changes
>reworked locations
>added prior errata
>Heresy Reborn is now +800cp
>new drawback
>>
>>43913844
...aaaaaand I'll fix the file name in post
>>
>>43913811
You know what else you could add to that? Memories of life. Some Jumps can give you centuries of memories by themselves, so just think about that a little. Just Ar Tonelico can give you a total of 744 years to add to your belt.
>>
>>43913291
Apparently my build was off by 100 points and this fixes it And adds 400,000 Bucks in the process .... Thanks
>>
>>43913844
Since I am an idiot how does the STC printer work? Does it let me do anything else besides turning schematics into STC templates and copying STC templates?
>>
>>43913892
well, being in STC format optimizes the instructions for AdMech, so they can potentially mass produce it
and, backwards as it may be, their methods do reduce the chance of gear getting possessed or turning against it's owner
>>
>>43906021
I've decided to leave my Pokemon behind in Mystery Dungeon for two reasons: the first and primary reason is that they've shown themselves to have a difficult time adjusting to new worlds without becoming complete assholes. Fucking warrior races. The second being I have a maximum of eight companions at once and six of them already filled after the first jump isn't something I want. I was in the middle of writing up how each of the Pokemon rejoined my team when I realized I didn't wan t to have to do this every time.

But Chimmy came along. He wouldn't take a no from me. He wouldn't take a no from Jumpchan. I can respect anyone who would try to punch an omniversal goddess in the face.

3. Generic Sugar Bowl
Origin: Cute Critter, Age: 3
Perks: Sweetest Widdle Eyes, Who's a Good Kitty (-100), Sing the Whole Day Long (-400), Cuteness Proximity (-200), Cuteness Overload (-400)
Drawbacks: Sweet Tooth (+100)

During my first jump, I was homeless and wandered around, making my money through violence. In my second jump I had to beat old friends into submission while saving anyone I can. This jump is an early vacation while I adjust. Barring the killer cat that lived with the old wizard, the occasional anthropomorphic personification of greed or nightmares or evil, and those exploding presents from some little blue guy, it was mostly hanging about in a tree while Chimmy and I made candy.

Speaking of, he wasn't happy without someone to fight. We sparred, but after two years he was pretty obviously regretting his decision to follow. I told him to take human form and go visit the local township if he needed excitement. He was pretty soon the town wrestling champion, so that was something.
>>
Something i'd like to note: Starting last jump, the beginning of what i like to call the Companion Jumps has begun.

The next four jumps are me going after companions. Anyone want to guess what my next jump is?

>Hint: The Saints Come Marching in.
>>
>>43913869
Fuck. This is some heavy fanwanking then. How will I know what I'll be like at 780?
>>
>>43914044
You can't. Just assume that your personality is only affected by what you want, like Perks that make you enjoy hard work. Worked out for me.
>>
>>43913827
What kind of fun is that? I'd act like an old hermit after 10 Jumps. Unless there's a Jump that makes you a Time Lord I'm not going to be the same energetic person who runs everywhere.
>>
>>43914044
It helps if you assume you're an incredibly shallow person who will never experience any serious emotional growth. Though that might just be me.
>>
Suppose I take A Long Way to The Top in Mushoku Tensai and actually beat that jump. How powerful would I be since I never read novels?
>>
>>43914038
Platoon.
>>
>>43914071
Maybe you can be the cool kind of hermit, I dunno.

Though there are jumps that can make you a long-lived kind of being.

If you're going to get bored that early in then, maybe you'll opt to end your chain early. Stay, go home, go for one of the endjumps-not everyone's cut out for the long haul.
>>
>>43914038
Saints? Marching? Obviously Hellsing. Not sure why you are joining Iscariot though.
>>
>>43914097
I'm thankfully nothing like that in real life. I'll take not being able to play Jumpchain accurately over not having emotional maturity.

>>43914060
My personality will stay at 25 for hundreds of years? I'm not David Tennant.
>>
>>43914071

Okay let's be serious here. Time Lords are a horrible example for staying the same person even with the similarities between their regenerations.
>>
>>43913844
Warhammer End Jump-
0/2300
Space Marine
Rolled for Gravalax
Free Astartes Implants
Discount Primarch's Blood
Discount They shall know no fear
Discount Angel of Death
Shield of Piety
Blank
Anathema
Restraint
Free Astartes Scout Gear
STC Printer NON-WARP FTL TIME! I don't even have to lie to the Admech about these being STCs!

The Grim Darkness of the Present+0
Audit of DOOM+300
Marked+400
You will BE KILL BY DEMONS!+100
Hunted+400 If you really think this wouldn't happen anyway with my Crusade To Save 40k From Being Grimdark, you're crazy

Is my build still Viable?
>>
>>43914112
I wouldn't get bored, I would be a different person. It makes playing the game by writing what will happen each Jump impossible.
>>
>>43913844
>Love Can Bloom +400CP
Is this new? Because this drawback is beautiful, and hilarious. I may need to recreate my jump just to take this drawback.
>>
>>43914128
Already done Hellsing Anon.
>>
>>43914155
>Warhammer End Jump-
>End Jump-
Are you done, Justice? I give you shit on the regular, but I'd hate to see you go.
>>
Could you use Doom's -altdeath perk to test things in a no-risk environment? I'd love the chance to test high powered experimental weapons, the sort that cause too much damage to easily cover up.

I could also test things I only have one of without risking destroying them, which would be cool.

Anyone know if this would work?
>>
>>43914147
They are, but practically all of them are youthful if they regenerate frequently. Some of them looked physically old and were running and talking circles around their 20 year old companions. They were different people, but their general attitude was the same.
>>
>>43914155
unaffected
>>43914167
yup! LCB is the new drawback
>>43914190
this started its life as an end jump
>>
>>43914168
That was a joke. Pretty sure you are not so subtlety indicating Saints Row.
>>
File: itsmagic.jpg (762 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
itsmagic.jpg
762 KB, 1000x1415
>>43914134
Look man, figure something out on your own. We don't have all the answers. We can't predict what you'll be like in a hundred years. Ultimately there's some things you just need to decide for yourself instead of being handheld all the way, and this is one of them. If you're flipping out over every little thing that comes as a consequence of prolonged lifespan, maybe that's a hint as to the emotional mess your Jumper will be, I dunno.

I don't have the fanwank something pic saved, so this'll have to do.
>>
>>43914190
Nah. I do my jumps out of order. That jump is how I end things.
>>
>>43914164
In that case, see >>43914226
>>
>>43914134
Hey, it's not like you can realistically figure out what you'll be like then. You also have to take into account all the different stuff like different origins experiencing different environments during their growth, like the Zoldyck background in Hunter X Hunter. You'd be pretty messed up by taking that, but how would that work with all the different backgrounds and your own life?

There's a few places where you can manipulate your identity how you'd like. I think Animal Crossing had one where you could choose to 1) go back to how you were in your own life, 2) emphasize a Jump origin's identity and personality, effectively turning into that origin, and 3) making a brand-new meld of everything you've experienced thus far, being much more at-peace and all that about everything that happened.
>>
File: Cookie.jpg (10 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
Cookie.jpg
10 KB, 227x222
>>43914108
Oh, and wrong, but you get a cookie for trying!

>>43914219
*DING DING DING!*

We have a winner! You get a cookie as well.

...I am horrible at hints.
>>
>>43914205
Lore question for you, as I don't know too much about 40k but for some reason I feel compelled to make my 40k jumps as narrative heavy as possible.

Were the Eldar at odds with the Imperium during the HH? If that's the case, then my bullshit timetraveling Sororita story just got that much better.
>>
>>43914134
>>43914249
Here it is. It's in Animal Crossing.

The Old You: 250 CP
Gain a reaffirmation of who you were before you started jumping, despite keeping your memories you find that the influence of those lives has lessened significantly making you closer to who you were originally.

The New Me: 250 CP
You may select a previous jump; that jump's influence has been strengthened considerably, you identify with those traits and that past much more strongly. This can be taken multiple times.

How I Am: 250 CP
Your memories and experiences from all these worlds are reconciled. Any mental problems or internal conflict from having lived so many lives as so many so very different people in so many very worlds are gone, melted down and re-forged into a brand-new mind and personality.
>>
>>43914336
Ah yes, the mind-fuckery origins which have nothing to do with Animal Crossing to begin with.
>>
>>43914228
SPEAKING OF WHICH
about time I get back on writing the actual endgame scenario
most of the basics carry over from the old freelancer route, the main thing that needs doing is crew
>>43914260
some craftworlds are more hostile to humans than others, there's always gonna be at least some conflict between... well any two 40k races in close proximity aside from the Tau.
Not aware of any major battles during HH, but there's a lot of lore now for HH and I'm not up to date on much of it.

Rule of thumb: Average Eldar/Human battle comes down to two scenarios.
>One race wants the others' land.
>Eldar are starting/prolonging an existing war between other races to take the heat off their craftworld.
>>
>>43914226
I'm not asking to be handheld, I'm pointing out a problem in how the system works. If the answer to practically everything is "make it up yourself," this practically becomes freeform RP. It's either that or trying to write an accurate Lovecraft story from the perspective of Cthulhu. How the hell can you be accurate about how the mind of an Elder God works? You could make something up, but that's all it'll be. Something you made up.

Generally speaking I'm not worried about the emotional consequences of a long lifespan. I'm unhappy that any builds I write for later Jumps will be totally different than what I would pick if I had aged hundreds of years. It makes things feel like a campaign that starts with the party writing up character sheets and playing D&D in game. It was always roleplaying, but now it's doubly removed from what's happening.

>>43914249
You're right, it's not possible. There are some origins that would mess you up. Figuring all of that out is part of the game.

I heard Animal Crossing compared to disgusting mindrape in this thread. I'm not going to Jump there and pigeonhole myself into what I was like hundreds of years ago. I do like perks that keep you sane through all the Jumps though.
>>
>>43914336
Do these apply to future Jumps as well? Would all the new memories meld together with everything else if I took How I Am?
>>
>>43914412
Yes,The origins were intended as a way to back Door in my Psych mod Supplement idea.
>>
>>43914400
>Rule of thumb: Average Eldar/Human battle comes down to two scenarios.
So I'd be in the clear if as a human during the HH I chose an Eldar as part of the LCB drawback?
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>43914409
Oh hi!
>>
>>43914409
I feel you, you don't want to end up like >>43914436 Do you? that's good, Latch on to something Or someone to Help you maintain your sanity, Ideally something abstract like a cause or an emotion or a near impossible goal .
>>
File: tearsintherain.png (1 MB, 554x1456) Image search: [Google]
tearsintherain.png
1 MB, 554x1456
>>43914409
>a problem in how the system works

To a certain extent, this applies to every CYOA. Jumpchain just goes on longer than most of them for this issue to ever really be a thing. Of course there are some where you become an actual god or something, but that's neither here nor there.

>builds
>freeform RP

Well. Yeah.

Okay, I'ma come clean here: There isn't a solution and yes, you will have to make shit up to some extent or other.
>>
>>43914409
Weird. My post has...vanished.

Anyway, let's try this again:

There is no solution

You will have to make some shit up

It's just a CYOA, dude. Chill.

Also don't listen to >>43914474 because he wants you to become Emiya Shirou.
>>
>>43914474
>Ideally something abstract like a cause or an emotion or a near impossible goal .

Do you realize your telling them to not be like Antispiral Anon, and then telling them to do what Antispiral Anon did?
>>
>>43914432
remember, this is a +400cp drawback for a reason, just because the Imperium has more pressing concerns doesn't mean you'll get off scot free.
And while I understand certain considerations are necessary, especially if you want to companion her, bare in mind you could just as easily end up with a heretic or a time-displaced fire warrior.
>>
>>43914560
Eh, as long as what shows up is sausage-free I'm more or less okay. I was just curious for, as said, narrative purposes.
>>
File: really.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
really.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>43914514
>Emiya Shirou

>>>wishing to be an Hero of Justice capable of saving Anyone.

This is a bad thing?
>>43914534
It's also What I did,They are a Shōnen Big bad I Am a deconstructed Shōnen Hero.
>>
>>43914590
...no. No, you're just a dumb monster. Like Azathoth if Azathoth could sleapwalk and was substantially less powerful.

>a bad thing?

Yes. Reality Marbles are a sign you're out of touch with reality. And the guy either dies alone, on a nameless battlefield, or gets hanged after being enslaved by fate and a manifestation of the collective subconsciousness to do things that betrayed his ideal.

This, Bancho, is what a smart personcalls "a bad thing"
>>
>>43914436
Hello! If I wasn't making one of my goals staying relatively close to "myself," I would start with a Jump that makes me completely different and go from there.

>>43914475
Damn. That's what I thought. I'm not sure I'll make an entire chain then. It wouldn't feel real enough. Thank you though.
>>
>>43914587
prolly won't be an ork either
but yeah, if it makes a better story, more power to ya
>>
>>43914590
>Emiya Shirou
>Doesn't actually save himself so he could save more people.
>>
>>43914664
>out of touch with reality.
Doesn't that describe most jumpers?
>>
>>43914674
And a good day to you too! One thing that might help you, a bit, is to deliberately jump jumps early on that contain perks that explicitly preserve your identity and/or sense of wonder like Robocop, Golden Sky Stories-maybe put off Evangelion for a while, though. Or perks that generally make life easier like Everything is Awesome! from LEGO, Everything Will Be Alright from Winnie the Pooh or Slice of Life from Raildex. At the very least, it might give you sort of an excuse to keep making choices as you used to 10 jumps ago, but maybe a little older and wiser for life's lessons?
>>
>>43914728
Sweet. Thanks.
>>
>>43914664
Have you seen Shōnen Heroes? Dragon Ball,Hunter X Hunter, that guy in the orange tracksuit who thinks he's a ninja? being a dumb monster is a deconstruction,I'm a stubborn and powerful Guy who sets out to change the world Into a nicer place to live and breaks damn near everything In the process With the help of my friends, Then the reconstruction begins. As for the other thing if Shirou Self identifies as a sword just respect it and Move on how does him him being a sword instead of a human effect you?
>>
File: antispiralsmile.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antispiralsmile.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>43914799
>>43914797
Depends on how you define reality, really. What if everything you knew about physics was a lie, and people CAN suddenly start using magic one day after a mysterious rock explodes?

Who's REALLY more in touch with how the world works, you or the guy with the psychic ghost who seems to know what that genius loci that's been living in the park all along wants?
>>
>>43914796
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Half the point of the VN's story, all three routes, is that Shirou is batshit insane.
Dude may have noble ideals, but he's batshit insane.
>>
>>43914877
Hold on, isn't an inhuman mindset key to gaining a Reality Marble?

Now, I know some settings don't make a big deal out of it, but are there any perks to remaining a squishy earthling rather than forsaking quote unquote humanity?
>>
>>43914833
But...there is no reconstruction? You just start ranting about freedom and how you're going to beat up people and multiplayer for petty, selfish reasons or force ideals on people without giving them a choice.

Also, I'll tell you what those guys don't have in common: They've never wanted to create a Warpwyld.

Also your use of Shirou as an example is hilariously flawed because Reality Marbles DO affect people caught in them.
>>
>>43914664
Becoming Emiya Shirou is a bad thing for entirely different reasons, and I have no real stake in this entire discussion.

But you just pressed my Reality Marble button.

RMs are manifested when your view of reality is different from a normal human being's. Since Shirou was damn fucking close to being a sword elemental, it's just expected. In his case, it was from being objectively crazy and not dealing with it in a healthy way 'cause noone around could help him.

But almost all other RMs are a result of not thinking like a normal human being. Saying a centuries-old vampire is out of touch with reality because he has a reality fundamentally different from humanity is fucking retarded.
>>
>>43914664
>>43914797
>touch with reality.
Not quite. Elementals and "demons" in Typemoon have Reality Marbles, all of them.

A Marble comes from viewing Reality in a fundamentally different fashion from the majority of Humans. Most Dead Apostles who get one achieve this just out of Age.

Most sufficiently old Jumpers SHOULD be capable of getting a Marble upon going to Typemoon. But having the potential for one, and actually having it, are two different thing.

I spent a large amount of time in all of the jumps researching and working on my Marble.

>>43914903
Exactly. But by Typemoon Rules your mindset will be "inhuman" just out of sheer age. Though I'm certain Perks can disregard that if you grab the right ones.
>>
>>43914801
>>43914587
>>43914432
If you're the guy that did the time traveling sororitas, saint of the imperium thing, why not have your love interest be a chaos sister from the future?
>>
File: antispiraltinysmile.jpg (21 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
antispiraltinysmile.jpg
21 KB, 300x415
>>43914903
It doesn't necessarily have to be an INHUMAN mindset, just one alien from the consensus view of reality in modern humans. Iskander's comradeship with the people he ruled was so tight he can call them from his Reality Marble across time and space for example. Shirou is...more of an extreme example because he developed his super quickly, and mostly due to coming into contact with his future self.

So the qualifications for one are really just having lived longer and seen more than the majority of people in Nasuland, although presumably how it works is up to jumpchain fiat/your own description in future jumps; it might not work at all due to other worlds lacking Gaia and Alaya, it might be something you can develop by living longer and seeing more shit than most people from your own magic circuits. Up to you, really.

As for ways to preserve your humanity-odd request, but we did outline some in >>43914799 before captcha ate our pic.
>>
>>43914910
I meant reconstructing the world I broke making it a better place, like the necessary infrastructure to replace the government's And economic systems I destroy. Gon doesn't get reconstructed and he turned out fine
>>
>>43914928
Isn't Shirou outright stated to be one of only Seven or Eight Humans(known) to achieve a Marble?

Obviously Apostles don't count.
>>
>>43914833
> that guy in the orange tracksuit who thinks he's a ninja
Hey, let's be fair, the Japanese have a rich folklore of ninjas being super bright and obvious and not stealthy at all. The image of ninjas being flamboyant magicians is actually just as common as the image of them being shadowy killers. Hell, there are kabuki plays about ninja. No one would ever believe a kabuki is a master of stealth, and yet those depictions were seen as perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>43915032
>reconstructing the-

No.

No, based on everything you've ever posted I refuse to be convinced that you did not either leave behind nothing except smouldering wreckage from some failed, halfassed scheme or pure evil.

People have explained to you time and time again about all the ways a revolution to go wrong and end with colalteral damage and all you've done is plug your ears and go NAH NAH NAH NOT LISTENING unless you stop replying and pretend it never happened.

You don't contribute anything meaningfully beneficial, you potatomonger.
>>
>>43914961
>>43914991
So what's a good example of what RMs can do and can't do?

The rules for JJBA Stands are pretty obvious, and super stand sunday is helpful for that, so apart from ALL THE SWORDS and Loadsa Artifacts, could someone use an RM based off travel or something to move an area to superluminal speeds in the direction of Alpha Centauri?
>>
>>43915064
I've talked about that with a couple friends of mine.

Our current fan theory is that Naruto and a fair numbers of other Ninja play the role of Obvious Distraction. If you have a bunch of people running about like Naruto calling themselves Ninja then you don't pay attention to the stealthy ones who don't look anything like them.
>>
>>43914991
A lot of Shirou's madness come from the Fire. It scarred him. It comes up a couple of times that he had to "disregard everything, just to survive". That combined with Survivor's Guilt, and Kerry putting the idea of a Hero of Justice in his head royally fucked him up. For life.

>>43915080
No. All RMs take place within a given area. They might be Larger on the Inside, but they take place within a specific area. Other than that? The rules aren't clear at all. They are just tailored to the Mentality of the one making them.

Even in small ways, like how EMIYA and Shirou's UBW look very different, due to EMIYA having lost his idealism, but act fundamentally the same since they are both still Swords.
>>
>>43915064
>kabuki

Isn't everyone in those things flamboyant though? I mean if there's a historical precedent for it sure but it wasn't what my Idea of a ninja is like, I apologize to any ninja who I misinterpreted.

>>43915077
Tell me the things that,Nearly Omnicompetent postproduction, post scarcity, post human Friendly AI Von Neumann machines can't solve? tell me why we need governing bodies And currency once we get to that point?
>>
File: One hundred Jumps later.jpg (111 KB, 568x960) Image search: [Google]
One hundred Jumps later.jpg
111 KB, 568x960
>>43914799
I think the real problem I have is that I look at Jumping as me as I am right now starting on a chain and continuing in a somewhat recognizable psychological form. Otherwise the chain I'm writing wouldn't match what I would actually do if I had been contacted by Jumpchan and started a chain. There are a million CYOAs for power fantasies. I'm trying to play what I would actually do if it was real, which makes it meaningful.

This brings a lot of real life problems into Jumping that other people feel okay with fanwanking away. What I prioritize now won't be what I prioritize in 30 years, and my values could look completely different after 10 years in a fictional world. After three Jumps, the choices I'm making at my computer could be wildly inaccurate compared to the ones I would theoretically make.

I did Jump to Robocop really early to get the perk you mentioned, but I'm already 40 years old by the start of that Jump. 20 year old me thinks I'd be boring at 40, and 40 year old me would think he's way better off than I am now. Staying at 20 would be doing myself a disservice. The reason I brought up David Tennant and his regeneration is because the way he balances the wisdom of age and the joy of youth is relatively realistic. All of his forms are definitely mature and serious, but at the same time they're pic related.

I'm honestly not trying to complicate things unnecessarily. I'm not looking for handholding on behalf of the thread. I really love the concept of Jumpchain to death and I would love to put hundreds of hours and pages of writing into figuring out how to beat the Kraken with the USS Constitution from Fallout 4 or how best to defend a house with weapons and mechs when I'm a cat. I would like to join the other Jumpers as the lawyer who built himself into a super robot and nearly destroyed another dimension to impress a cute demon. It's only that the idea of all the builds I write being wrong destroys my immersion.
>>
>>43914991
>Iskander
Honestly, I always thought IH was just how his legend manifested as a Noble Phantasm, sorta like Knight of Honor/God Hand. It wasn't an actual ability he had when alive.
>>
>>43915165
>Isn't everyone in those things flamboyant though?
Oh, sure. I'm just saying, no one batted an eye at the ninja being super flamboyant. It's something that that folklore has room for without it being jarring.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>43915080
>Stands

Oh no-think more localised effects. Uh. Like Justice said, it's hard to define but a lot of them relate to nasu-native concepts, like Roa's marble that buffs his magic.

Otherwise, the main guideline you have is that their effects only last as long as the Marble is up-and Marbles are very mana expensive. Also that in the case of humans their Marbles tend to be less out there than things like Dead Apostles'-compare Nero's "I can do anything I believe in!" marble which translates to a bunch of status effects to Nvnsqr Chaos' Marble that turns his body into hungry beasts made of primordial chaos

>>43915109
Goodness-that's it! We've never seen the TRUE ninjas of Naruto because of all the pretentious fruits jumping around screaming attack names!

The reason why not a single stealthy ninja has ever been observed in the Naruto universe...is because they're TOO GOOD AT HIDING FROM THE VIEWER.
>>
>>43915165
Not being raped into chandeliers by the warpwyld

And not being slaughtered by an entire species of SCP 106s.

It's a moot point anyway, I don't think you ever reached that stage without something fucking up or going wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 694x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 694x1000
>Love can bloom
>FemNecron Phaeron & Arch Magos Tech Priest
>They sing to one another in quartets of Binary.
>She's damage to think she's still living
>Her father doesn't approve.
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>43915203
Oh yeah, we didn't mean to imply he had that thing back when he was a regular ol' demigod just that BROS4LYFE was the main theme of his NP-RM.

Yeah, Servants be whack like that. And that's when they're summoned properly. Faulty history books and/or an improper summoning can saddle them with all sorts of whacky out of context hat tricks, amongst other things.
>>
>>43915307
>Heresy can bloom
>An arch magos techpriest shoots a necron in the head
>He is eventually overwhelmed by other necrons
>In the grim darkness of the 41st milennia, there is only war, and he is turned into a Pariah
>The Emperor doesn't approve

I like my story better
>>
>>43915307
Make her the daughter of Trazyn the Infinite and we've got a deal.
>>
>>43915248
Yeah, something like that.

We've got an entire island nation filled with villages hidden in plain sight for the most part and everyone in the world seems to know about them and the crazy shit they do. Its all a facade to keep eyes off the real ninjas.
>>
>>43915274
It's entirely different from the actual wild, you Essentially the laws of nature Would have you Be comparable to a true Fae rather than have terrible things Happen to you and gradually change yo and you wouldn't really be able to Have power at that level outside of that reality.
>>
>>43915367
Or it's the thing I said, where the story is just taking inspiration from the folklore of ninja magicians rather than ninja assassins, and there's no need to make an already muddled setting even more complicated.
>>
>>43915419
Bancho, just...stop.

We've already discussed this, and everyone except you agreed it would be a horrible experience.

Look. Look, here's a link http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43552254/#43558791 you can carefully read in reverse to figure out what the fuck is wrong with your idea.
>>
File: [OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD].gif (1 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
[OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD].gif
1 MB, 512x288
>>43915248
>>
>>43915492
>>43558809

Dang, almost a whole month. That's gotta be some kind of record.
>>
>>43915419
>Would have you Be comparable to a true Fae rather than have terrible things Happen to you

I know it's a waste of time, but I just can't ignore this.

Bancho, if you're comparable to a True Fae, on anything, that automatically means horrible things already happened to you, are happening to you right now, and almost surely will keep happening to you.

There IS a reason why people compare it to "being fucked into candelabra".
>>
>>43915109
>>43915248
>>43915367
>>43915471

Okay let's be serious here. Do you really need stealth when there's an entire branch of ninja magic that's basically 'Fuck with the senses of absolutely everyone in this area unless they can figure out enough to resist it'?
>>
File: gurren-lagann-03.png (1 MB, 1584x900) Image search: [Google]
gurren-lagann-03.png
1 MB, 1584x900
Welp, it's about that time of the day.

So, I've managed to get an editing program for Kid Radd. Updates are being worked on as we speak.
Current changes include:
-Reducing the prices of capstones
-Buffing the Hero perkline
-Rearranging the Villain perks to be more streamlined and thematic, mostly merging certain aspects of "Finally a Boss Fight" and "You and I were meant to fight"
-Drop-Ins now actually are fun and thematic for me, Will of the User was dropped to 600 and made to make you a magical 80's hacker(think Hackerman) as well as giving Beyond the Code for 200
-Adding in what I'm calling "code packages", minor powersets you can equip like gear and are available to you based on your starting genre, based on the playstyles of archetypical games(platforming heroes will get choices between "the Mega Man", "the Mario" and "The Belmont"...Radd himself is a Mega Man, for reference, with maybe Samus getting a package to herself. Considering how many genres there are and how many packages there could be just for 1 genre, this may be the bulk of the gear options for now

Just letting you know, I'd like ideas on things to base Code Packages on as well as maybe gear(mostly the kind of things you'd find on late 90's PC stuff as well as emulated roms, due to the way the jump is structured)
>>
>>43915546
I thought True Fae were the ones who fucked people into candelabra?
>>
>>43913291
How (if at all, given it's only 100cp) does Clan-Brother work post-jump?

For the Immortality Bound perk, is "capable of breathing" a metaphor for lack of injury or are we unable to bond with someone who doesn't breathe?
>>
>>43915605
It's both. They are horrid existences and the cause of horrid existences in others.
>>
>>43915605

That's the True Fae reproductive cycle.
>>
>>43915566
>implying there's nothing more to stealth than casting a fuckhuge flashy illusion and calling it a day
>implying widescale sensefuckery alone isn't a big sign something's amiss to outside observers

Somebody needs to remember the basics of CQC

>>43915567
>buffing the Hero perkline

No complaints from me!

>Rearranging the Villain perks to be more streamlined

A cautious nod of approval, though I'd like you to elaborate on exactly what you mean here

>Drop-Ins now actually are fun and thematic

On the one hand it sounds like they'll be the most changed. On the other hand, I have nothing against making things more coherent with the source material, so go for it.

>new content

Groovy. Alright, looking forward to everything.
>>
>>43915419
Bancho it is honestly kind of sad that Antispiral over there seems to have a better grasp of empathy and compassion than you, and you're trying to villainise him. Not saying he isn't an out an proud shounen villain, just saying you're far worse.

We've been over this like, several threads now: People don't want to be the True Fae.
>>
>>43915567
Can you make mooks with adjectives or do you have to add them later? Also, why does it take so long to change them when you can have up to a thousand, so grouping them together means spending hours upon hours adding adjectives to one after the other.

Oh, and the proposed changes look good. I like the sound of the code packages. Are they going to be one per customer, or can you swap between them or even better equip multiple at once?
>>
>>43913844
>Sufficiently prepared Jumper might be able to stop the Drop-Site Massacre if they arrive at Location 3
>I have the Light of Terra, Magicka healing/revives, and 2hou Time Fuckery
>Injecting Mega Crossover Mary Sue into Horus Heresy
Ironically I'm pretty sure the most important thing is convincing the Emperor that Horus is beyond any kind of redemption and he should just crush his soul ASAP. That's the only reason the duel went so poorly that Emps needed to be put on the throne, right?

I mean, it's still 40k and grimdark, but my understanding is that it would be less grimdark for humanity without Emps actually being active and being able to administer. Stopping (or reducing the effects of) the dropsite massacre would also just give Emps more options.
>>
>>43915681

Well, I realized I add in an unnecessary perk or two in there, and didn't have it really...'make sense' for that.

If you're curious, here's the new perklines for heroes, drop-ins and villains.

http://pastebin.com/JcQUs5qg

I tried to minimize changes, using the perks I thought worked and merely reworking them into something a bit more organized.
>>
>>43915750
Oh, alright. Yeah, that looks great to me, less things to keep track of at least.

You have my approval.

>>43915746
Pretty much, anon.

More 40K problems happen from stupidity than actual malice. From a certain perspective the C'tan and the Necrons didn't even really know what they were doing until they were both in too deep to pull out.
>>
>>43915719

I oughta fix that a bit.I was trying to prevent "on the fly" army changes, but I suppose there's a better way to handle that.

I've been debating that myself.
My initial idea is to have you have only 'one' active at a time, but I've been toying with allowing someone to fuse two code purchases with either a gear option or have it be a minor CP tax on top of them. I'm going to say that a 'fused' code package probably counts as only equipping one (so samus in this case would be mega man + belmont) if that's the case.
>>
>>43915779
The Necrontyr were always edgy asshats.

The C'tan (which are their own damn fault) just made them robot edgy asshats.
>>
>>43915363
Isn't that your father?
>>
>>43915746

Get Isha.

Seriously. She's the key to neutralizing an entire hostile faction.

Divert her away from Nurgle while Slaanesh is slaughteraping the Eldar pantheon.

Get a Necron stasis artifact, stick her in it, and pull her out for the start of the Great Crusade. She's weaker than Emps and she allows Eldar to directly reincarnate instead of need Waystones.

With her under control CWE and Exodites are effectively tamed. Use them to terraform and to create more Maiden Worlds. Use the Maiden Worlds for food. Patrol the sectors with the Craftworlds.

Eldar solved.
>>
>>43916025
Last I checked I'm not a robotic skeleton, so no he is not.
>>
>>43916032
Gonna need some more detail on how to accomplish that. I take it that Slaanesh's birth happens in parallel to the Horus Heresy?

Why is it so important that Eldar reincarnate? (That said, agree that it'd be nice if they weren't all being fed to Slaanesh.)

I don't know much about W40k, just some highlights.
>>
>>43916130
Too late, Justice. Many is your brother-in-law now.
>>
>>43916237
I hope not, my Sisters are not....likable people.
>>
>>43915801
Ah, I can see that being a concern. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Being able to nix and match code packages would be cool. Maybe you can buy an extra code port so you can equip two at once? That would make it a property of you, rather than the code package, if you felt like going that way.
>>
>>43916289
Apparently you're all related to tera as well
>>
>>43916325
How so?
>>
>>43916325
I thought there was no potato salad in JC
>>
>>43916325
Fortunately we're out of potatoes, but that is a terrifying idea and you should feel bad for suggesting it.
>>
>>43916346
Apparently he got adopted into your family. That was the only part I caught before my eyes closed
>>
>>43916325
Don't turn a lighthearted joke into curses upon someone's family.
>>
>>43913892
>>43913962
STC = Standard Template Construct. The big advantage of STC is that each is a self-contained hololithic dynamic database that - with the right interface - allows just about anyone to build the contained device with just about any (reasonable) resources. Even if it has to instruct a bunch of laypeople to build the tools to build the tools... that builds the factory that assembles the final device.

And it can also account for (reasonable) problems/requests, like having to rely on substitute materials or somebody wanting a faster/tougher/bigger/smaller variant.

Most of the "STCs" that the Admech uses in 40k are pale imitations of what the Imperium had at its height; partial "hardcopies" that only allow for a few specific variants at most.

So a macguffin that converts an ordinary schematic into a yes-for-reals full-on STC? Hoe-lee shiiit. You'll still need a way to interface and manufacture them, but I'm sure a clever Jumper can find a solution to that.
>>
>everyone who went Necron is related
>meanwhile, everyone who went Guard is just a morphine addict

Welp.
>>
>>43916427
>meanwhile, those who went Tau have politic headaches.
Welp
>>
File: doch.gif (469 KB, 450x186) Image search: [Google]
doch.gif
469 KB, 450x186
>>43916427
I like our odds
>>
>>43916427
Then how am I related to these people? I went Guard in LoT
>>
>>43916364
>>43916025
>>43916289

Yeah, he called me son and I figured it was best not to argue...
>>
>>43916189

I'm impressed you're actually interested.

Slaanesh happens around millenium 30. The titantic warp "explosion" that resulted cleared the roiling warp storms that had been shrouding Earth during the Long Night. This gives The Emperor the chance to finally get his mission of reunification and conquest underway.

When their pantheon was intact the Eldar didn't need waystones as between Lilleath, Isha, and Morai-heg (Maiden, Matron, Matriarch) when they died their souls were captured and sent to await rebirth via conventional conception.

(More specifically Lilleath was the goddess of Love, Isha is the goddess of Fertility, and Morai-heg was the goddess of Fate. So Lilly gave you romance, Isha gave you life, and Morai-heg decided when you die).

This denies Slaanesh eldar souls, naturally. It also greatly reduces the total losses of an eldar community as given enough time the same eldar who died in battle can return and resume their Path or choose a new one.

Somewhat uniquely eldar only get more powerful as they age. Having a soul come back and "resume" living means that person gets back to where they were far faster than a new eldar would by naturally aging and experiencing -and risking a premature death.
>>
>>43916537
>>43916025
Bancho: I hoped you read that archive thread very, very carefully before you "forget" why people think you're the worst thing in the entire multiverse.

Everyone else: Isn't it Zandrekh who adopts you, not Trenzyn?
>>
>>43916566
Oh crap you're right
>>
>>43916427
>meanwhile, those who broke the Deadlight got a little sister.
... Yay?
>>
>>43915173
Given all of this, is it possible to enjoy Jumpchain?
>>
File: Hello.png (406 KB, 853x1224) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
406 KB, 853x1224
So, rereading Terra Formars for funsies, and i just can't get over the roach face in the beginning.
>>
>>43916485

I thought you went ork?
>>
>>43916609
No. That's why everyone is salty and miserable here.
>>
File: heresy.webm (93 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
heresy.webm
93 KB, 720x404
>>43916607
>>
>>43911225
I wrote the Jump. If that robot becomes "your" primary body inhabited by your consciousness, it does. If you're jumping into a drone for a few seconds with no intention of staying, no. If you're transferring yourself to a new body you're going to stick around in, yeah. Feel free to fanwank something if anyone doesn't like that answer.
>>
>>43916638
No. I spent the entire Second Arc, and most of the DLCs, tormented by Orks.
>>
>>43914674
Also remember: this is a single-player game. There's nothing really stopping you from just trying out a chain that enforces one-year jumps instead of ten-year jumps if that's what it takes for you to be able to enjoy it. Just keep in mind that house rules aren't official rules, and may upset jumps that have been balanced with the official rules in mind.

Also, some of us just do a bunch of "what if" short chains.
>>
File: kCbgOMo.png (167 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
kCbgOMo.png
167 KB, 900x900
>>43916640

I'm having a blast. Turns out leaving existential questions to people doomed to die is awesome.
Wanna come snort some shit I cooked up mixing Dust and nanomachines?
off my waifu's back?
>>
>>43916427
>Meanwhile, those who went Eldar have to make sure they weren't mind-raped or keikaku'd.
>>
>>43916640
Really? Because everyone reacted to what I was saying like the way I play Jumpchain is crazy.

>>43916688
Going against the rules that much is almost making any rules pointless. It's a good idea, but it destroys the balance.
>>
>>43916563
I guess the thing is that I don't know how Eldar deal with Humanity if they've got a stronger position.

There's also the detail of how you really protect Isha- basically, two separate Chaos Gods want her (to murderfuck or to keep as a bauble), and she didn't do too well by canon. How do you keep a god safe in a scenario like that? You can't remove the Chaos Gods because for some reason they're SPECIAL and killing one of the chaos gods would kill all ensouled life, which kind of defeats the purpose.

So basically you need to engage another pantheon or Emps tier psychic to extend their protection to Isha, I guess?

...Wait, are you trying to get me to hookup Emps and Isha?
>>
>>43916563
>>43916189
Hmmm.
>Pick up Memoria Machinae from Assassins Creed.
>You choice of Eldar, Orc or Necron.
>Acquire additional samples from DLC, Comorragh or invasions.
>Whatcouldgowrong.png
>???
>See the Face of the Old Ones.
Profit?
>>
>>43913291
No custom Gargoyle Companion option in the works?

I admit, a part of me was always disappointed that was never a thing in that jump.
>>
>>43916713

Eh. It's a legit issue some people have, from being a realist standpoint.
At some point, I feel, that jumper see years as some people see months or weeks.
Hell, i'm nearing 20 and months are starting to feel shorter
I imagine after a few lifetimes that most jumpers find some equilibrium and stay there, barring massive paradigm changes or really traumatic circumstances.
>>
File: pepespawn.jpg (95 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
pepespawn.jpg
95 KB, 750x750
>>43916764
>You stare at some fatass frogs
>They stare back amphibiously through the mists of time
>RIBBIT
>You start awkwardly talking about the 41st milennium
>their faces when
>>
>>43916819
So, the Krorks.
That kinda backfired huh?
>>
>>43916563

Now HOW is an interesting question.

I think a Necron warp containment artifact is plausibly real and if a Jumper can get access to the records they can find a tomb to loot.

Naturally looting that tomb would be an adventure unto itself.

IMO it's not clear if the actual Fall was essentially instantaneous, but since time in the warp is coterminus echoes of it are constantly happening.

In "The First Heretic" Argel Tal and company witness the moment when reality splits open in an unlucky eldar city. What follows does take "time" in the conventional sense, though only about as long as having 1000% warp energy saturation and a simultaneous massive daemon infestation might take.

Following them back will lead you to the "actual" battlesite, and the good news is that it was probably an epic clusterfuck so intense that getting Isha and getting out wouldn't be that hard.

Bad news is being around the eldar Ragnarok. Khaine fights for a while, but before that shit is probably unimaginably awful.

Isha is probably pretty decent for anything in 40k given her sphere and acts of mercy attributed to her in legend.

It might even be possible to talk her into walking away just before the Fall though she's unlikely to want to leave Kuronous (husbando, God of the Hunt) and Lilleath (daughter-u). Incidentally both of them are actually bro-tier as well given that Lilleath is apparently innocence incarnate and that Kuronous backed Isha in defying Khaine to protect the actual eldar from Khaine's wrath.

I actually think Emps would be very well served by rescuing her himself as she's both a means of leveraging the Eldar and probably the best candidate in the setting for Golden Empress as well as a means of directly countering Nurgle's influence.

My headcanon goes on a bit in this fashion, but what I relate is honest to the lore and generally accurate.
>>
>>43916834

This is why you install an off switch into your super weapons.
>>
>>43916779
That does make sense. I wouldn't still be posting here if I didn't like Jumpchain so much. If there is any way that a person in the thread knows around the realist problems of people being radically different between 10 year periods, I would love to hear it. I'm already a few Jumps into a chain and was enjoying it before I realized I would be a totally different person by that point.
>>
>>43916587
I really want to believe you mean that in response to you being the worst thing in the multiverse

But at this point I'm coming to terms with you deliberately pretending anyone who tells you your power fantasy isn't morally justified never said anything
>>
>>43916819
Well, mainly it was to take a peek at how they did their handiwork. Engineering bioweapons is tough, no matter what you get from Wakfu, TerraFormars or Geneforge.

>>43916834
Uhh, the Krorks are proto-Orks. Old Ones are Brain boyz.
>>
>>43916843
Sounds like a lot of work. How hard would it be to collect a crap ton of soulstones during the Fall in attempt to birth Ynnead to be Emperor's waifu instead?
>>
>>43916901
I know, though Krorks aren't "proto-orks" they are Orks with a slightly longer name. Plain and simple.
The thing is, after the Crons were sent back to the Tombworlds, the Korks turned on the Old Ones.

Which is why I said "kinda backfired huh?"
>>
>>43916722
Honestly, the Eldar never can actually win.

Taming them is mostly about dealing with an intermittent, enigmatic and deadly threat. They're also about the only other sympathetic thing in the setting and as someone who favors them above the rest I think the eldar could stand to be reigned in if they would benefit in exchange.

Winning/forcing their loyalty gets you the Webway, the Black Library, and the real prize: useful far-sight. IMO the big flaw the Emperor had was being blinded by warp turmoil just before the Horus Heresy.

Getting prognostication by way of eldar rune magic does a great deal to give Him a way to divine times of danger. It's not real precise of course, but it's kept the eldar alive since The Fall.

Isha could manifest. She's probably a powerful enough warp entity to simply go corporeal. There's also a bit in the eldar myth somewhere about her walking amongst the eldar directly before Asuryan forbade it.

Alternately she could do something like Khaine did and possess a prepared object.

Also, Yes. I ship Emps/Isha. I think she's a widow with a billion unruly kids and he clearly needs a little lovin' to chill him the hell out. And waifus don't come more literally legendarily milf than the Lady of Life.
>>
>>43916876
You sound like you're inherently resistant to change, but you know what, part of being realistic is that change is unavoidable. Are we always going to change radically? No, that's not the case. You can avoid people, you can avoid stimuli, you can try to maintain a status quo for decades on end - and when you're theoretically immortal like a Jumper is, you can be pretty successful at that. In real life we're driven to change, because y'know what, time lost is time lost. It doesn't come back. But once you get into the mindset of a jumper who can envision hundreds of decades ahead of them...you won't have the same mindset anymore.

From the moment such a choice was explained to you, your perspective will slowly change, even if you don't understand the nature of your choice just yet.

But a mindset change, and becoming a radically different person, those are two separate things. You change your mind on things on a daily basis. The hamburger you ate yesterday may not be the same one you want to eat tomorrow. When change comes gradually, you don't notice it until you take the time to look back and compare.

An immortal and a jumper differ in one very critical aspect. If you consider that an immortal has a chained series of consecutive memories, then over time, you might surmise that because of the sheer wealth of memories they have, their perspective of time changes dramatically. But if a Jumper has memories in decade partitioned chunks, and in each decade their main focus is the memories relevant to the setting...then it's not as likely that their perspective of time will change that much.
>>
>>43916886
Ending Disease, starvation, homelessness , dependence on resources, freeing folks from unjust laws,And tyrannical corporations. How is any of this immoral In the long-term?
>>
File: ReactionBear.gif (54 KB, 361x365) Image search: [Google]
ReactionBear.gif
54 KB, 361x365
>This entire emps/isha convo

can love truly bloom?
>>
>>43917090
None of it is, what is immoral is /you/. All of these things are great but if it's going to be done by you I would rather kill myself than see your world.
>>
>>43917090
One of the 'unjust laws' you want to 'free' people from is sanity, last I checked.

Seriously, you come off as a Lovecraft god trapped as a mortal and by jove, you resent it.
>>
>>43915173
>>43916609
I might just be too much of a writefag, but half the fun of Jumpchain really is figuring out all that you're obsessing over. Does it take a while? Certainly - but sometimes it can lead your story in an unexpected direction.

Sure, it's wankish power fantasy, but stopping and considering just what you'd do and what you'd be as the experience and power accumulates really is half the fun.

Granted, I might have a different take on things; I can remember how I was at ten, twenty, and thirty, and what's really changed deep down is experience. Sure, I might be slightly more bitter and cynical sometimes, I've worked to train myself to be more proactive and less procrastinating, and I'm always trying to improve... but. When I consider all the stupid decisions I've made in life, what really gets me is 'Fuck, I wish I knew then what I know now.'

So, count me among those Anons that really thinks that the core - what's really you - doesn't change over time, or doesn't change easily. You can always look back and smile at that common thread - what makes you, you - that's carried you through the centuries. Sometimes we are the sum of our memories... and sometimes, stripped of everything, your Companions will still recognize you for who you are. Granted, a few Anons may not find that reassuring.
>>
>>43917090
Nobody trusts the methods with which you use to achieve that.

Also because you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge that freedom isn't always a good thing and that sometimes people need laws.

Look, more eloquent people than I have tried to explain why what you're doing never works. Just don't be surprised when people start lauding praise on people like ASA and Val when you do something particularly stupid.
>>
>>43917090
Three words "Tyranny of physics"

Ring a bell?
>>
>>43917090
>How is any of this immoral In the long-term?
The ends don't justify the means, I could achieve all that by killing everyone, but it would only make me a hero in relation to you.
>>
>>43916918

Very.

For one I don't know if soulstones exist then. They probably do in some form, they're wraithbone after all, but they're not really needed yet besides to hold pilots of wraith units.

Ynnead's also a incredible unknown. (S)he's also the "God of Death" and what that means is completely up in the air, but I wouldn't expect something not associated with wanting to kill everyone/thing the eldar have ever desired revenge upon.

There's also the issue of Ynnead (supposedly) not being created 'til all the living eldar are dead as Ynnead would be an conglomerate form of all the spirits in all the Eternity Circuits pooling together...somehow.

All of that says bad.

Additionally there's the male pronouns. Ynnead is a "he" and while "power bottom" is probably as eldar as 20,000 year old socks I wouldn't want to try to ....anything Ynnead, really.
>>
>>43917127
I don't want to free people From sanity, I want Neuro-diverse people to have the same Rights and freedoms as neuro-typical people,Big difference.
>>43917171
Good people don't need laws, the world's I build allow people to be the best.
>>43917191
That's the unjust laws part
>>
>>43917212
...you want reality to become the Warp? Or the Matrix.
>>
>>43914099
Jump maker has vanished and it's unclear if they meant either reaching the base power of the Fighting God or just being powerful enough to defeat them. In the former case strong enough to kill the Hulk equivalent of that verse, jump huge chasms, operate for days on end of constant activity/fighting, survive a pillar of lightning striking you and an instant forest fire roasting, tanking rock cannon shells at ridiculously high speeds, punching open 3 ton magic armor super weapon composed of dense rock reinforced with magic in one hit, oneshotting or leave in a dying state skilled superhuman fighters, and needing a black hole to defeat you before finally going down.

In the latter case strong and skilled enough to cut through the best armor's protection and the demon king's skin beneath it to sever his limbs, toss them into a regeneration denying magic circle, and take him apart piece by piece before somehow utterly eradicating both armor and user at once with no trace. Both of them regenerate unless you have some means of utterly denying regeneration period.

So fairly strong I'd say? You're unlikely to have much problems after that if this was taken early chain depending on jump choices.
>>
>>43917212
And now you're just making words up to try and backtrack and ignoring every single post in that thread I linked.

Whatever you say, just get this straight: There is no way you can convince anyone here that you aren't the worst thing to ever happen to all those poor worlds.

>Good people don't need laws
>The world's I build allow people to be the best

I don't know which sentence is more wrong.

You know what, I'm starting to relate with why ASA initially wanted to snipe Lina Inverse if he thought Lina Inverse was someone like Bancho over here.
>>
>>43917037
Wiki says that the Horus Heresy happened about a thousand years after the fall of the Eldar.

I guess you could try and rescue Isha from Nurgle, but fighting Grand-pappy sounds like a Bad Time, and not particularly reasonable in the middle of the Horus Heresy.

Also, from what I'm reading, Slaanesh and Nurgle both didn't want Isha dead because if she dies the Eldar will go metaphysically sterile or something. Or maybe that's just why Slaanesh wanted her alive, Nurgle just has a crush on her.

...Man, that one anon's plan to tame Slaanesh by getting it to focus on being a sub instead of a dom is sounding halfway reasonable.

>instead of saving a single racial god
>lets invert one of the chaos gods

How hard would it be to spawn a benevolent Chaos God? I mean, gods of emotion don't have to be lolevul, right?
>>
>>43917212
>Good people don't need laws, the world's I build allow people to be the best.

Law's are required for people. That's just how people are. Without laws in any form, there is no morality. Only "Whatever I feel like doing at the time".
>>
>>43917247
Like I said, a place where everyone is Bill Cipher,Where freedom from Anything you don't want and to anything To do You want that does not infringe on the freedoms of another is absolute. A place where limitations do not exist
>>
>>43917247
He literally does, I'm afraid.

I mean, someone summarised his plan as "warpwyld" and he was like "yep, that's what it is alright"

Bancho is like a sentient The Aristocrats joke, except he's not funny
>>
>>43917293
>Bill Cipher
So you want everyone to be all powerful sociopathic manchildren? No thank you.
>>
>>43917212
>neuro-diverse
Oh god, he's turning into a Tumblrite.
As if I couldn't have an even worse opinion of you.
>>
>>43914044

At least with Reyvateil - especially Origins - they have heavy mental stability measures in the basic construction of their minds, as they were designed to endure extreme stresses and timespans - mental stability is a big plus when talking about the administrators of your superweapons.

So they have amazingly robust personalities, that aren't likely to be warped by the passage of time.
>>
>>43917284
>>43917282
Laws are intended to limit Liberty for the intent of protecting people and preserving government, when people have no need of being protected from each other and government does not exist there is no need of laws
>>
>>43917293
Fuck's sake man, we've ALREADY BEEN OVER THIS

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43362474/#43368125
>>
>>43917283
>Not offering Papa a gift in exchange for Isha
>Then Renegading on the deal, because no matter how friendly he is he's evil as fuck.
>>
>>43917293
>a place where everyone is Bill Cipher
>Good people
So you're goal is to make people the unambiguously evil villain of a cartoon and you can't see why there might be some moral objection to that?
>>
File: 1436042625633.png (525 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1436042625633.png
525 KB, 1136x640
>>43917283
They don't HAVE to be.
It's just that 40k is built upon grimderpness, so any emotion other than duty and loyalty is bad ever
>>
File: eoe1.jpg (83 KB, 823x480) Image search: [Google]
eoe1.jpg
83 KB, 823x480
>>43917212
just occurred to me
far as I can tell your freedom is a kind of reverse Instrumentality
it was meant to end all conflict by breaking down what makes us separate beings, thus collapsing mankind into a form of soul-slurry

The Warpwyld plan seeks the same end, but by forcing people apart instead of together
>>
>>43917344
PEOPLE ARE NOT GOOD.

PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES.

PEOPLE NEED RULES AND LAWS IN ORDER TO PREVENT THEM FROM DICKING EVERYONE OVER

Jesus Christ, when will you understand, ANARCHY DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.
IT NEVER HAS, IT NEVER WILL.
>>
>>43917344
Okay so you're just flat out ignoring all the times people carefully explained why you're full of shit.

So we're back to square 1, with you pretending you're right about everything.
>>
>>43917353
in power level Not in principle,Plus I am incorporating the fannon That in bill's dying dimension the only way to gain any kind of Stability for anything is to strike a deal with that thing .Be the spirit of an object or an agreement to interact in a way.
>>
>>43917113

I think it would be rather prickly -they've both got pride to spare for sure- but in my mind Isha is terribly lonely without Kuronous and Lilleath.

The Eldar are her children, but Lilly was her _child_.

I think she'd miss being a mother, miss being a wife. I think love is really the core of her nature and that in addition to being a worthy mate the Emperor offers her something she'd find she'd desperately want: new life.

He's divine enough to be the spark of a new people of their combined natures. Isha could be the vessel for new beings not Human or Eldar but between them.

New Life.

Children untainted by the tragedy and horror of the past.

Incidentally whatever of that that could come to pass would also probably make her far more powerful as a warp entity. That is a critical difference, and possible barrier, between the Golden Emperor and the "Viridian Empress" (?)

She's not actually a mortal, he's not actually a god. Maybe the answer for Mankind isn't for the Emperor to ascend, but to instead win a patron already in the warp.

They could do worse than a waifu.
>>
>>43917368
>Furiously reconsiders endgame position on attempting to become a sentient afterlife with a Reality Marble called Final Destination. I had a poem ready and everything.

Teranon... do you support the revolutionaries in Fallen london and their Liberation plan?
>>
>>43917212

Look if you want people to support your ideas your looking in the wrong place.

What you should b doing is finding the people wearing armor made from the bones of creatures that neverwere that live in an empire consisting of Eleven Days they legally purchased. Then you go back in time to kill your grandparents before your parents were born, and have the paradox voodoo rituals that let you remain despite your existence making history weep used so you can join Faction Paradox.

I'm sure someone like you would fit in perfectly with their goal of tearing down causality.

Step 1. Find the
>>
>>43917352
Okay, I'll bite.

What gift would Grand-pappy accept in exchange for Isha?
>>
>>43917283
Here's the thing.
The Gods are born of Emotion. Both positive and Negative.

Tzeentch, Khrone, and Nurgle weren't doing much before the Birth of Slaanesh, because their existence was actually kinda balanced.

The Birth of Slaanesh completely fucked the Warp, and the horror and terror the Warp Storms caused in turn effected Mortal Mentality, which changed the shape of the Warp into something more Malevolent.

The problem is, when the Gods were changed to be more Malevolent, they began intentionally creating more Suffering in the universe, in order to grant themselves more power. That Suffering makes the Warp a worse place, which makes it a self-perpetuating cycle.

The solution to the Gods, to try and fix the mental health of the majority of Mortals. Which is a problem, due to fucking Chaos.

Which is where my long-running plan comes in. "Kill" the gods. They are, at the end of the day, Representations of things that already exist. Those things will continue to exist after they die. The Gods would eventually reform, even if it takes thousands of years or longer, but they would reform. But it gives you time, without their interference, to try and fix the mental health of Mortals. Which in-turn, goes towards fixing the Warp.
>>
>>43917438
God, fuck this. I fucking give up at explaining basic human empathy to whatever dingy dimension you hail from.

Just-know this.

No matter what you achieve, no matter how you go about it?

Nobody in these threads will ever take your side. And a fair few of them are apparently starting to side with the guy you've failed miserably at villainising.
>>
File: large.jpg (55 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
55 KB, 500x722
...I usually try not to comment on Tera's shenanigans but I might as well make put my two cents on this, considering nobody's biting on the Kid Radd changes other than Bro Anon

I try not to read too much of Tera's justifications for his stuff, mainly cause I actually get physically pained by it but...
I'm guessing the major issue is that he's trying to dissolve any semblance of order, or even what is considered basic society (AKA Don't murderhobo me, I won't murderhobo you)
If what I'm getting of this is true...literally the only thing that Tera could do that would even remotely come close to that without getting dashed across the rocks of human nature(and if he goes changing that in his usual slapdash way, then we've hit maximum Well Intentioned Crazy) is something of a mutual solipsism. That is, they're all pretty much put in a state where they can't 'hurt' eachother, any more than we can hurt eachother with images and text.
Which means on some level I think Tera's trying to create online communities in real life, which requires post-scarcity tech and ideals for real.
Can't say that it's entirely BAD, but if it dips into "Anarchy that I run" territory hypocrisy then I can see what people get pissed off about.
Granted, I might have a wrong idea of this and I'm being more charitable to bancho since I do my damnedest not to read the actual contents of their posts.
Not sure why I talked so long about it, but like I said, people seem to not want to talk about Kid Radd or help me with ideas for code packages so I've got time.
>>
>>43917457
I have no fucking idea. I'd let him choose the gift, because I have no idea. It's just something that MIGHT work.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.