[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the last character you played respond to this BBEG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: 016.png (433 KB, 900x1297) Image search: [Google]
016.png
433 KB, 900x1297
How would the last character you played respond to this BBEG?
>>
File: 017.png (298 KB, 900x1274) Image search: [Google]
017.png
298 KB, 900x1274
>>
File: 018.png (438 KB, 900x1281) Image search: [Google]
018.png
438 KB, 900x1281
>>
Absolutely the worst recurring plot from Franken Fran tbqh clan.
>>
>>43908858
Join him, he's clearly thought this through.
Humans shall perish by the hands of the welfare state! MWHAHAHAHA
>>
Isn't the proper response "Humanity won't act like assholes, keep going and make them the best?"
>>
>>43908862
>Humanity has almost infinite choice of worlds to colonize. You'd have to wait pretty long time.
>Not that you will, because we'll exterminate you all.
>>
My last PC was a Brujah communist.

So the cattle ... I mean little people get better living conditions and we get more of them to feed on. Ok I'm in, how can I help?
>>
>>43908858
He tells him something along the lines of "What a dastardly plan! I will find a way to thwart you, just you see!"

Then he goes on vacation. The bad guy will get bored with his immanetizing sooner or later.
>>
>>43908896
But then the plague of humanity spreads across the universe, and ruins every planet along the way.

That's exactly what they want.
>>
>>43908892
>Isn't the proper response "Humanity won't act like assholes, keep going and make them the best?"
The problem is, that sooner or later the overpopulation is that bad, that the planet is incapable of supporting everyone.
>>
>>43908858
Evil cannot be allowed to win. We must sabotage their schemes whenever they appear.
>>
>>43908885
I thought it was funny at first, but you're right. It's too tame compared to the other recurring stories.
>>
>>43908892
>Humanity won't act like assholes
I don't have reaction image smug enough to suitably complement this assumption, and I do have pretty damn huge reaction image folder.
>>
>>43909022
So, who's the best recurring character and why is it the Wolf Sister?
>>
>>43909037
Sure, except that history agrees with me.

In the last 5-600 or so years, humanity in general has improved immensely in terms of how it treats itself. Murder, rape, and other crimes have dropped so much it's kind of amazing.

And ethnic cleansing, something that used to be considered practically routine, is now regarded as something so evil that we continue to demonize the group responsible for it, to the point that they practically define evil to us.
>>
>>43908858
>>43908862
>>43908882
The problem won't be the overpopulation, but the old people being the major part of the voterbase.
>>
File: 1406919325789.jpg (42 KB, 337x355) Image search: [Google]
1406919325789.jpg
42 KB, 337x355
>it doesn't actually cause the destruction of the earth
>at least not fast enough
>terrans colonize the solar system
>eventually, the galaxy
>the entire universe becomes irreversibly infected with humans
>atleast until someone crazy enough builds that solar system size LHC and collapses reality as we know it
>>
>>43908858
Last character I played was a Heretec Techpriest who was also the doctor basically played him like an Ork mad dok so this planet has a massive population that means I got dudes for my crew dudes for my Barracks and dudes for horrible experiments boom bbeg defeated I just skim off humans every now and then tell everyone else this planet is free dudes and boom population problem solved
>>
>>43908858
>"As long as even one good person exists, humanity is not beyond redemption!"

Cleave and smite
>>
>>43908992
Not at all. Historically, the better a nation gets, the more luxuries and self-actualization and so on that becomes available to people, the less interested they get in having kids. Scientists believe we'll stop at a world population of about 11.000.000.000.
>>
>>43908858
He turns around and walks away.
>>
File: 1231234512312.jpg (35 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
1231234512312.jpg
35 KB, 225x350
>>43909046
I don't get it. Wolf sister? What does Fran have to do with wolves?
>>
>>43909105
Except that's wrong you little shit.
Urban crime is well alive in 1st world countries, and everywhere else is run by murderous tyrants or straight up slaughter-gangs (Africa has always had worse groups than the current Meme Muslim group).
Not to mention that ethnic cleansing has only been dirtied as a word; the practice is still celebrated heavily, both in dirt farmer countries and MASSIVELY in China against their own minorities (especially Tibet, they've been running a systematic extermination program for decades).
Of course good ol champion of justice Murrika ignores this wherever it happens, because it's inconvenient to help and "problematic" to talk about.
Humanity hasn't and will never get better in the slightest, we just get better at lying to ourselves that what we do is right.
>>
Rapier to hea-
>Two heads

I GO BUY ANOTHER RAPIER
>>
File: img.jpg (198 KB, 728x1096) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
198 KB, 728x1096
>>43909235
This one.

Also, I thought franken Fran was joking about the kamen rider plot line. Didn't know it was true.
>>
>>43909380
Anon, you appear to have posted Gavrill by accident.
>>
There is no problem that can't be solved by punching it enough times.
>>
>>43909146
That is an empirical phenomenon. The data pool consists mostly of rich western or westernized countries with high degrees of emancipation that push women toward careers and delay procreation. Also, even if culture wasn't a factor, populations can and do explode without reaching these levels of wealth. US/European standards of living are still far away for most countries, but the technologies for food production aren't. It is very likely that a catastrophic tipping point will be reached before population stabilizes at a reasonable level, for example by social unrest, resource depletion, pollution and so forth. Standards of living will be lower for everyone in a populous future.
>>
>>43908858
probably go into a crisis because hes a pretty evil fucker and his big crisis is wondering how in the shit he hasn't thought of this first.
then he would probably murder the lot and take over the entire mess, especially since hes effectively immortal, honestly shit would probably eventually go full genocyber after 1000 years or so.
>>
>>43909419
Point. There's massive difference between the number of people Earth could hypothetically sustain living in orderly fashion and utilizing resources effectively and the number of people Earth can sustain with people being people.
>>
File: 15654984650.jpg (197 KB, 900x1176) Image search: [Google]
15654984650.jpg
197 KB, 900x1176
>>43908858
If he has committed crimes, he fights to lock them up.

If they haven't committed any crimes, he just laughs and leaves. No matter how much time passes for their plan to come to fruition, he knows he will be there to stop it.
>>
>>43909602
But how will he stop it?
>>
>>43908858
Except that if you raise the social-cultural level of a nation, it's observed world-wide that the tendency of that population is to bear less children than when it was developing, eventualy reaching a point where the growth would be on the minimun for the society to keep existing. This BBEG doesn't understand basic social geography.
>>
File: RRRRAGE.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RRRRAGE.jpg
388 KB, 1920x1080
>>43909690
With overwhelming brute strenght. He will smash the BBEG to pieces and then some.
>>
>>43909265
Right.
It's only proud western white men that get better.
>>
>>43909691
Yes, "eventually". Humanity will probably never wipe itself out, but it will also never reach high levels in wealth and development everywhere and sustain them. The first world is living on borrowed time; cheap resources are finite, cheap energy is finite, global fishing is already past sustainability, biodiversity and arable land go down every year. The future is closer to Soylent Green than to Star Trek.
>>
>>43908862
The character I last played has a time loop curse on him: it triggers when another person dies, after which the bearer goes back 24 hours. The only ways to escape it are to prevent that death or let that person know they're going to die so that they can die peacefully.

The law of the world is that if I can't stop it, it will earn its right to exist, but the worst part is that I'm not the only one with the time loop curse; my brother also has it, and he would be inclined to stop the BBEG because that would lead to more work for the both of us.
>>
>>43909908
Eh. The U.S. will just take everyone else's shit once the voters start complaining loud enough.
>>
>>43910039
But will it be able to when it gets around to doing so? Or will nations with larger production capability and populations be able to beat it?

USA uncorked a big bag of worms when it wrecked the European empires after WW2.
>>
desu Fran is shit.
>>
>>43910039
The US has never properly fought and won against an entire industrialized nation. Even during WW2, Germany threw the majority of its resources at the SU. Korea and Vietnam weren't even victories, leaving the Middle Eastern wars, which pretty much accomplished nothing except burdening their own economy with trillions of debt.
>>
>>43908858
Incinerate the whole building at the end of first page because that guy talks too fucking much.
>>
File: 1408724285702s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1408724285702s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>43910170
>>43910170
>>43910170
>>
>>43909235
THE WOLVES ARE NOW YOUR LORDS
>>
>>43908858
This is the edgiest BBEG I've ever witnessed.

Did he get pantsed at high school?
>>
>>43909380
>Vicar-Amelia.jpeg
>>
>>43908862
So let me get this straight. The villains are using Social Welfare to lead humanity to its doom.

...Huh. I never though making my protagonist a firm believer in the free market would be relevant to the campaign.

Time to go Full Ayn Rand in this shit, turn the world into the Megacorp ruled Cyberpunk Dystopia it was always meant to become.
>>
>>43910744

The joke is that the hero then dedicates his life to destroying orphanages and hospitals, and shows other heroes the truth so they'll join him.

The BBEG never appears again, and as this is FrankenFran, he may well have been lying through his teeth for the jollies.
>>
>>43908858
He's just a sincere liberal.
I would never had tought they actually existed.
Mt character would just do what He allways does to liberals debate civily with them and bear the inevitabile results of his actions being pelted with ad hominems .
>>
>>43909113
the solution is simple

we kill the boomers
>>
>>43910177
Yeah it's more or less like germany -or fantasy/sci-fi equivalents- is allways supposed to be this huge military machine that eats steel and shits victory while the last war they've won has been in 1870.
>>
>>43911189
America did beat the tar out the Japanese in the Pacific. Week from today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor in fact.
>>
>>43911214
And good job for that.
>>
>>43908858
>>43908862
>>43908882
He would stab it, very hard, with a bayonet.

His job is to keep the part alive, not question why he is doing it or ponder moral dilemmas.
>>
>>43909113
Except the newer generations are the one who have increased thier resource consumption per capita immensely, and are leeching off of the political and economic policies created semi-ignorantly by the boomers in order to supposedly provide resource and healthcare security ( example: the agricultural subsidy laws passed in '73) and expect to be able to always drink from the teat for ever.

Yes, the boomers started the problem, but only by attempting to foolishly provide resource security for both themselves and thier descendants without realizing the folly inherent to the concept of post scarcity.

Meanwhile, while the first world continues to increase consumption in spite of falling growth rate, the poorer nations have been having to go for increased growth rates in order to insure filial health security and to provide more labor, save for the ethnicities that live on reservations who are then locked in a subsidy hell hole that gives no incentive to seek employ or improvement and instead they live in near poverty and are sustained by govt pay checks and are nearly unable to find or earn employment.

Basically we are stuck in a situation where we have three options:
>Become amoral beasts and deny our civility by inacting culls and thus denying ourselves worth of being human beings
>Wait for some cataclysmic disaster to naturally occur and while the slate, so we can start over with more manageable numbers
>wait for an entrepreneur to come up with a miracle, while also reforming the economy to get rid of the policies that trapped many resources and markets into corporate incentivising commodities markets that continue to pump resources uncontrollably into urban centers that are near incapable of sustaining themselves without both the larger corporations and direct federal involvement

In short, we're boned.
>>
>>43911315
A third World War will break out at some point, is my guess.
>>
>>43909419
knock off the fear-mongering Malthus, it was bullshit 200 years ago and it's bullshit now
>>
>>43908858

> "Well, if you say so."

Then I kill him. I usually make it clear that I don't care about the villain's philosophy before I kill him. I mean, it's all crazy talk anyway. Might as well rant about economics instead.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>43908858
>>43908862
>>43908882
>last PC was heavily based on joseph joestar
Something like this I guess http://youtu.be/F7VYoPIHhhk
>>
File: 1420013588411.png (270 KB, 761x634) Image search: [Google]
1420013588411.png
270 KB, 761x634
>>43908858
>>
>>43911214
America hardly did shit, Japan was already in the verge of collapse by the time an American first fired a bullet westward. The 3 biggest blows America dealt to the Japanese were, in this order, the atomic bombs, and cutting their economic support of Japan in 1941, and getting its shit pushed in for 6 months wasting what precious resources the Japanese weren't already pissing away fighting Russia, China, England, and the tribes of the South Pacific. Shame the US didn't have the sense to try that about a decade sooner instead of bankrolling Japan's invasion of mainland asia.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.