[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. Picked this game up on sale. I assume that its content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tabletop-simulator.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tabletop-simulator.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
Hey /tg/. Picked this game up on sale. I assume that its content is psuedo relevant here? I would love to create material for this game, but I see a lot of mods for it that have no feedback or response, so I would want to know what people would *want* to play
>>
Never make anything for anyone else. You'll find only disappointment.

Instead make things for yourself, and give other people access to it.
>>
>>43908677
Well yeah, but At the same time I don't want to bust out my games and get a scanner and learn to 3-d model for a tiny pay out.
>>
>>43908594
Build Roll20: Chat and audio, map with tokens, dice sim, soundtrack player, A/V handouts, no need to incorporate crunch - people do that by hand.

>>43908715
>for a tiny pay out
Look! You made a funny.
>>
good lord

i have this game for so long on my wishlist
but i'm sceptic
it's a neat concept and the idea to download workshop stuff for many RPG is a tempting one
but i think when there is not enough content provided by the community and copyright claims by some companies for said content could kill this game very fast
>>
Anon here. I play boardgames on there at least twice a week.
>>
>>43909308

Tabletop Sim isn't the best thing for RPGs, IMO. It works a lot better for board games.

Simple board games work incredibly well on it, if you don't have a lot of moving parts to worry about it's an incredibly effective and nicely tactile interface. More complicated board games take exponentially more work, they're doable but it's nowhere near as easy.

Also, for content, the takedown aren't a big deal. Even if things aren't on Steam Workshop, there are always saved copies of the plugins in other locations.
>>
From steam:

>Yes, I've used it to run Pathfinder games. Personally, I heavily prefer it over roll20. Here are some points to think over:

>- There is no automation in TTS, such as rolling macros. You roll dice manually, but it does give the sum of multiple dice rolled.

>- Card funtionality works far better in TTS then it does in roll20.

>- There is no jukebox equivalent in TTS. But there is a mp3 player which lets you choose from a list of tracks, and you can also use the in-game tablet to stream music. It's a bit clunky though, so if you heavily use music in your campaign, this might be a negative for you. (Custom music on the mp3 player is on the list of future additions)

>- There are no integrated character sheets, but there are a number of decent alternatives. You can use the rules section to store character data, store it on in-game notecards, use the tablet to link sheets from Google Documents, Myth-weaver or other sites, etc.

>- Fog of War is implemented in TTS, but it's not great. It depends on what method of mapping you're using.

>- Adding tokens on the fly in TTS is slightly more difficult then roll20, but you can still pop in a token from an image URL pretty quick using the custom token object.

>- Your game information is stored locally on TTS, so you don't have to rely on the servers being up for you to be able to play.

>- As long as you have a decent computer, TTS runs far better then roll20.

>- TTS has the price barrier obviously, but the devs have added a ton of content. Like a TON. Meanwhile roll20 is busy not fixing issues that have been bothering my group since a year ago.

>I feel TTS captures the feeling of playing on a real table with miniatures very well. Simply interacting in the game with TTS is fun. Conversely, after playing in a roll20 game for a couple years, It feels very sterile.
>>
>>43909394
>not the best thing for RPGs

But why-

>>43909518

Bless you, predictive poster.

It does sound like a much more pleasant way to play than roll20, something I've had highly negative experiences with. It'll be on my list for sure.
>>
>>43908594
Its pretty good to test homebrew and play tabletop games.
>>
>>43912069
why?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.