[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ban computers during the campaign >"but anon, you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: Agassiz_in_the_Concrete.jpg (211 KB, 670x850) Image search: [Google]
Agassiz_in_the_Concrete.jpg
211 KB, 670x850
>ban computers during the campaign
>"but anon, you're using one for ambient music! That's unfair!"
>>
Shut up, bitch. When you run a game you can make the rules.
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>43907063
>>
Don't play with the mentally/socially impaired.
>>
>>43907063
They're technically right, you know.
>>
>>43907091
God doesnt deal in technicalities
>>
>>43907063
Stupid shit that players say thread?

>"Let's kill cthulhu"
>>
>>43907372
A steam-boat with a nuke or some other high explosive device ought to do it.
>>
>>43907519
I believe that Cthulhu would be classified as Transcendant Delta Green term for monsters that can only be hurt by magic because they exist only half in our dimension, are far too advanced, etc .

But who knows, a nuke would likely still be enough to shove him back into his sleep for a few hundred years.
>>
>>43907063
>this is what OP imagines gaming with friends is actually like
>>
>>43907682
>>this is what OP imagines having friends is actually like
FIFY
>>
>>43907091
A bunch of people all playing music at their computers would sound like shit and disrupt, not enhance, the game.
>>
>>43907519

Why don't we just use two or three steamboats? They are fairly effective, you know.

We can also shape the nuke like a steamboat.
>>
>>43908538
>nuke steamboats stacked one over another

Cthulhu is so fucked up.
>>
>>43907671

Cthulhu was literally knocked out by a boat in "The Call of Cthulhu" so there's no way he could be transcendent.
>>
>>43907519
>Cthulhu regenerates and now he's also angry and radioactive

BRAVO
>>
File: 1444510505122.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1444510505122.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1040
>>43907063
>computer skill is banned for historical reasons
>"but anon, computers already exist during this period, just not advanced enough!"
>>
File: punchcards.jpg (138 KB, 650x545) Image search: [Google]
punchcards.jpg
138 KB, 650x545
>>43908601
You're no fun, early computers were quite an experience to work with.
>>
>>43908637
You know, wasting experience to use shit THAT specific is even less fun. Cram everything in "Technology" or something and you're set.
>>
>>43908569

Knocked out? He was like "nigga, what the fuck? Fine, I'll go back to sleep, smell ya in a millenia or two."
>>
>>43907682
Not OP, but it really is. I try exclusively to play with past GMs now because players who have only ever been players are 100x likely to be shitty and spoiled in game terms.

My wizard sits on her phone all through encounters, on to complain about "being useless" when it's her turn.

My paladin is constantly coding and doing compeng homework on his laptop.

My bard plays an actual fucking guitar (poorly I'll add) at the table for "ambience," even when I already have music playing.

My only non shit player is also a GM.

>inb4 le boring GM
the thing is, they all constantly beg me to run more sessions.

Fuck players man, in going to clone myself.
>>
>>43909718
Being their last resort doesn't make you good anon
>>
>>43909718
You know, i can kind of understand the homework thing. If you are super busy but still want to do RPGs, like sure I'll let that fly. At least it's work and not some stupid task that is unimportant. But the wizard/bard shit is pretty stupid.
>>
>>43909799
Except I'm not even their last resort, there are multiple other GMs in our social circle who are all just fine. I'm not saying I'm even good, but it's not just shitty GMing to blame for their shittiness. All the other GMs say the same thing.
>>
>>43909718
My guitar playing isnt good fuck you ryan, me amy and Brandon can just go to g2k and find a better gm you fucking nerd.
>>
>>43909851
>Plays RPG.
>Calls somebody a nerd.
m8
I've got bad news for you.
>>
>ambient music during gameplay

do you want me to fall asleep at the table?
>>
>>43909868
Yea when they wont even fucking let us do home work or practice for my musical that was the night of the rpg
>>
>>43909885
His point is you're an obvious nerd by nature of playing an rpg. It's hypocritical and pointless in equal measure, as anyone who plays rpgs takes it as a given.
>>
>>43909885
Also, you're supposed to be focusing on the game the DM put effort into. That's your obligation as a player in return for the DM doing WAY more for way less personal satisfaction. Can't fulfill your obligation? Call and let them know you can't make it.
>>
>>43909885
>practice for my musical that was the night of the rpg

You know bud, if you still need to practice your songs the night of the show, I think it's safe to say you are a lazy sack of shit who put off mastering the songs you needed to until the last minute. Speaking as a musician, as soon as you learn and master a song, you really don't need to practice it for hours in inconvenient places. You should really master your set of music before the night of the show buddy :^).
>>
File: do-no-understand.jpg (199 KB, 870x776) Image search: [Google]
do-no-understand.jpg
199 KB, 870x776
>>43909885
>>43910016
It's not even that--also musician anon here--but if it's night of the show?

MOTHERFUCKER WHY ARE YOU AT GAME-NIGHT GET YOUR ASS OVER TO THE STAGE AND GET WORKING
>>
File: dune.jpg (338 KB, 1000x861) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
338 KB, 1000x861
>>43907063
>ban computers during the butlerian jihad
>"but anon, the bene gesserit use them to keep records"
>>
>>43908666
That's as good explanation as any, Satan. Cthulhu is pretty damn small fry in the end of it.
>>
>ban computers and tablets
>only one player shows up
>others tell mean stories about me at game store
>bitch about it on Mongolian goose measuring forum
>>
>>43909851

I've got news for you musical anon. Nobody wants to juggle numbers and plots while listening to you twang away. You would have been out of my group on day one.

And best of luck convincing the rest of the group to leave with you.
>>
>>43908601
Mate, Francis Bacon had binary down pat in the 17th Century.
>>
>>43916660
When I went to the first LotR movie, there was a douche in the middle of the theater playing a guitar from before the commercials until about ten seconds after the actual movie started.

The people I was with had to stop me several times from getting up and chucking the guitar into the hallway. In retrospect I should have just complained to the manager, but I was filled with an irrational rage at the time.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.