[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any experience with this game? Is it good? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (110 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110 KB, 300x300
Does anyone have any experience with this game? Is it good? And if so, anyone know where to get the PDFs?
>>
>>43905274
No PDF's but some fella ran it for me and a few friends at a FLGS. It was alright, but he kept perving on my friend and it was hard to concentrate. It's a very broad game, more or less giving you a simple framework mechanics and a whole lot of game ideas/plot points. The company producing them is coming out with multiple books centered around different end of the world scenarios, but so far they have only released the obligatory Cthulhu game and a generic zombie game. Pretty art though. Oh and one look at the book shows that the writers don't know how to layout for shit.
>>
File: Giver.jpg (308 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Giver.jpg
308 KB, 750x1046
>>43906188
Man, how do you even define a Mythos apocalypse? There's seriously like 600,000 ways to do it, and they all have very different and weird levels of lethality. I guess you could fill a whole book with concepts revolving around it, but I'm assuming they mostly center on 'Squid wakes up, Godzillas, everyone dies'?
>>
>>43905274
Book 1: Zombies
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6r6KFirefQVcV9DOWYxTlQzbTg/view?usp=sharing

Book 2: Gods
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6r6KFirefQVT1JtUVl5SklQa1U/view?usp=sharing

Posted image is the Character sheet
>>
File: image.png (13 KB, 513x477) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 513x477
>>43908597
By the aforementioned gods... Can it be true fellow tigh/tg/entleman? Thank you.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 182x277
>>43909925
Enjoy.
Hopefully someone will have a scan of the Alien Invasion book.
>>
>>43905274
I had an alright time running it, but my main gripes are 1.) that as an RPG which uses player characters based on yourself based on VOTING, players had inflated stats because everyone was too nice to vote down and 2.) That the people in the group with actual survival experience (an eagle scout and a marine in my case) pushed everybody else to the sidelines and took control of the game. My experience is based on a Zombie Apocalypse playthrough so keep that in mind.

Also, I'd you wanna GM this game you better be top-notch at improvising, most of the game is just that.
>>
>>43905274
Never played them, but the actual rules seem super light, but the fluff is pretty good. I've only read the Zombie one, but how it was divided between "apocalypse" and "post-apocalypse" was pretty cool.
>>
>>43912673
This. I'm >>43912171 but the Night of the Comet Post-Apocalypse setting seems cool despite my critique.
>>
Every time these games get posted, I raise the same objection, I should probably copypasta it.

I HATE the character creation system. No, not because you play yourself. Because every stat gets voted by the group, and you cannot really skip this process since the outcome of the vote determines what you play. I see other people have the same issue. >>43912171
Now, the fact that the rest f the book is a toolbox of campaign ideas is great. But the actual mechanics are terrible. Would it have killed them to include an optional point-buy system for chargen?
>>
>>43915072
Yeah, never played the game myself, but I was pretty excited about it coming out until I found out that this is how it handles chargen.
>>
>>43916644
There's an alternate chargen in the sidebar for playing characters not you. The vote is more about getting a consensus regarding the character's stats.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.