[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, looks like Andy Chambers carried a bit of 40k into Dropzone...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Horus-Eviscerator.png (464 KB, 714x438) Image search: [Google]
Horus-Eviscerator.png
464 KB, 714x438
So, looks like Andy Chambers carried a bit of 40k into Dropzone...
>>
>>43899926
The fuck are you on about? They look nothing alike, except maybe a vague silhouette and their general stance.
>>
>>43899967
It's the 'I've just shat my diaper', 'I'm trying to give myself spinal pain' stance, combined with the fuck ugly bald face. How do you not see it? There's even oversized pauldrons, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: vladimir-the-dark-champion.png (197 KB, 491x433) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-the-dark-champion.png
197 KB, 491x433
>>43900204
You're either genuinely stupid or baiting. Or both.
>>
>>43900388
Oh, sure, you can have massive pauldrons on anything.but the specific shpe is clearly carried across between both designs. Besides, it's not a single thing that makes it similar, it's a half-dozen different notes that make it.
>>
>>43900518
Still not seeing it buddy. Perhaps you can point out some of the similarities?

I mean, besides the whole "They're both standing there and have no hair and are butt ugly". Because that's just a load of bullshit.
>>
>>43899926
It's ok Anon. I like the smell of your dick, tell me more about Dropzone 40k
>>
>>43900705
Sure.
>Arms lowered, hands neutral
>prominent bladed implement in left hand
>Hood structure around head
>shoulders higher than head
>radiating pattern on midsection
>Pauldrons large, cover everything above the elbow
>oversized, layered plating on codpiece

obviously, some of the details are on different scales due to the different mediums they are rendered in, but you get the general idea.
>>
>>43899926
Looks more like a Tyranid patriarch than Horus.
>>
>>43900828
Those are some of the most tenuous connections between two things I have ever fucking seen.
>>
>>43900753
>It is the 51st millennium, and there is only reclamation.
>In ages past, Hive Fleet Leviathan devoured Terra, tearing the soul from the Imperium of Man.
>Isolated Hive Worlds, agri-worlds and small system fiefs struggle through the darkness and despair.
>10,000 years later, Humanity has reforged itself as the Undivided Commonwealth of Man.
>With begrudging assistance from manipulative Eldar, Humanity has rediscovered Earth, teeming with Tyranid Hives.
>So begins the Second Great Crusade
>>
>>43900952
Sure, individually they're all fucking weak, but collectively they begin to paint a similar impression and character of the subject.
>>
>>43900829

Yeah, I get that vibe too. Maybe it's the Ymgarl potato head poking out of that Grimdark turtleneck ...

I'd like to use that shield in my army somewhere. I like the pauldrons too, but the rest seems rather boardgame token tier quality.
>>
This thread is stupid.
>>
>>43899926
>looks like Andy Chambers carried a bit of 40k into ________
Literally everything he works on.
>>
As weird as it sounds I expected better...
>>
>>43904297
Which is perfectly acceptable since he's one of the founding fathers of 40k, back when it was still in its glory days and hadn't been turned into the Wardwank/Cruddacewank/soulless corporate shitfest it is now.
>>
>>43904993
>perfectly acceptable
It's really not.
>>
You mean 40k carries a bit of Andy Chambers in it.

Of course his mark on 40k will be similar to his mark on other games he works on.
>>
>>43900204
All old terminators looked that way.
>>
>>43899926
I don't know why but when i see this image of horus he looks like a giant retart in power armor like.. HaY GUuuuuuuiiiiS, CAN I PLAY WITH YOU?
>>
>>43901004
>Humanity has rediscovered Earth, teeming with Tyranid Hives
So you have no idea how tyranids work then?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 500x357
>>43906712
It's because the artist mounted flashlights under his face for some reason.
>>
>>43906725
I think he was trying to make it fit the Scourge fluff from Dropzone. Who knows, maybe the 'nids will do something weird when they find the source of the Astronomicon.
>>
>>43906725
Genestealers kinda set up nests on planets.
>>
>>43906952
Nids also form hives when forced into prolonged engagements or cut off from hive fleet support. For example, it was only after the Ultramarines first company cleared a Behemoth remnant hive from a planet in Ultramar that Calgar decided that they were good enough to replace their losses from the battle of Macragge.
>>
>>43899926
Chambers isn't even involved in dropzone you twit, and this model was designed before he was brought on for dropfleet
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.