[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what kind of sleeves do you use, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: dragonshield.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
dragonshield.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
So what kind of sleeves do you use, /tg/?
>>
>>43897382
Shirt ones.
>>
>>43897382
Ones that are opaque on both sides.
>>
KMC Hyper Mattes four outer sleeving and KMC tight fit whatevers for inner sleeves
>>
File: HPDcx3a.gif (2 MB, 320x174) Image search: [Google]
HPDcx3a.gif
2 MB, 320x174
>>43897527
>>
>>43897382
Is this the one about the king's armies?
You messed it up.
>>
>>43897382

I just plaster over each side in masking tape.
>>
>>43897382
Molten metal poured over them.
>>
>>43897382
Shrink wrap with those shitty plastic clips school children use for book reports.
>>
>>43897382

Layer them with Elmer's glue.
>>
>>43897382
I encase them in sapphire glass.
>>
>>43897382
I find running them through a laminator works.
>>
ultra pro because every year a local store does buy one get one on ultrapro sleeves during black friday weekend. i buy 2 packs of 100, getting a total of 400 sleeves for like $14 dollars and that hold me off for the year, sometimes longer.

for edh, or decks that i know i want to keep i get kmc hyper mattes because they have the textured back like ultra pro and dragonshields
>>
I lay them out on a baking sheet covered in acrylic and pour over another layer on top of it.

I then separate them from the sheet and cut them out, and file down the edges.
>>
I have 60 iPads I use with pictures of the proxied card as the background image.
>>
>>43902390

Cheaper than a Legacy deck.
>>
>>43902408
Cheaper than a Vintage deck.
>>
>>43902408
Imagine shuffling, though.
>>
>>43902390
Smart.
And, of course, you play it the man's way, right?
If a card goes to the graveyard you toss it in the fire.
>>
>>43897382
Solid pink ones, it's like $6 for 100 or something
>>
>>43902425

Get an app that syncs and shuffles.

Imagine drawing, discarding, and playing, though.
>>
>>43902425
Just power-shuffle, man.
>>
>>43902453

>riffle shuffle
>>
>>43902425
You get an app that connects to all the iPads from your smartphone to randomize them all at the press of a button.
>>
>>43902487
Actually, we're getting close to affordable displays as thin as a credit card. Imagine wiring one together with small SSD memory and some wireless (Bluetooth maybe) ... add central controlling unit and you're good to go. Won't be much thicker than regular tripple sleeved cards.
>>
>>43902620

And cost many factors more per card.
>>
>>43902704
One time investment!
>>
>>43902704
I'm saying affordable, as in not marketed by Apple.
>>
>>43902704
Yeah but once you've purchased the display you can re-use for as many games as you want. MTG games have what, ~15 cards at most on each side during the game? And most of those are lands? Existing paper games would be hard to port because of the need to handle edge cases, but you could design games that have a hard upper limit on the number of displays needed at once.
>>
>>43902464
Very flexible.
>>
>>43902704
As long as the entire thing is below $900, it can be used as a good splinter twin deck cheaper than actual cards would. Of course, this doesn't include the fact you can set them up to display ANY decklist and not have to carry them with you if you use more than one deck. Other uses for the screen deck would include:
- Long-term standard followers who rotate lists often,
- Testing and revising custom cards on the fly,
- Playing different card games with one deck,
- Being able to play momir basic in rel life, and of course,
- People who want to play what I theoretically refer to as "Full Retard", where each player's deck has a five-color landbase, and everything else you hit the random button on gatherer/.info as soon as it's revealed.
>>
>>43897382
Dragonshields. They last forever and the only real downside they have is they get gunk all over them over time. However i don't particularly mind since you can easily use excess commons that you have laying around to scrape that shit off.

A better question is why are our robot overlords so concerned with street signs in the CAPTCHA recently?
>>
I just use the pro-mattes of various colors and the rares in my rares box all have penny-sleeves.
>>
>>43902999
>each player's deck has a five-color landbase
>and everything else you hit the random button on gatherer/.info as soon as it's revealed.
Why have I never thought of this??
>>
>>43904311

Ew, you animal.
>>
>>43902999
>People who want to play what I theoretically refer to as "Full Retard", where each player's deck has a five-color landbase, and everything else you hit the random button on gatherer/.info as soon as it's reveale
Sounds like MTGO's Momir Basic.
>>
>>43903941
>why are our robot overlords so concerned with street signs in the CAPTCHA recently?
Google cars should be able to navigate even without gps.
>>
Turquoise Dragon Shields
>>
>>43902999
> cards that change their face at the push of a controlling unit's button
"Dude, damn your luck, you seem to pull [a useful card] whenever you most need it."
>>
>>43902999
I have played a full retard game once. 4 players, everyone shared the same deck, the deck was basically all cards the newbie between us had (roughly 200 shitty cards, just to get an idea, Ocular Halo was the best card of the deck, and we even considered banning it for being too good), it took 3 turns until the first spell was cast.

It sure was shitty, but it was fun and I have never in my life valued so much a creature on the battlefield.
>>
>>43906983
"Heart of the cards, baby."
>>
I bath all my cards in methacrylate
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.