[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system should I use to basically play Kung Fury? waifu unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
What system should I use to basically play Kung Fury?

waifu unrelated
>>
I normally post a bunch of elaborate descriptions of games I made up if I get into these threads first but it's Feng Shui, that is the answer.
>>
>>43897370
Savage Worlds.
>>
>>43897409
Just looked it up. That sounds about right.
>>43897433
Obviously any generic system would work. I was curious if there was anything tailored to that over-the-top parody-80s aesthetic.
>>
Take any system and multiply all numbers by ten.

Rolling 10D20 to beat a 150 AC is totally metal.
>>
>>43897574
>dc 15 on d20 (without bonuses) is a 30% chance to hit
>dc 150 on 10d20 is less than a 1% chance to hit
>>
Burn Legend
>>
>>43897760
It's okay, they get ten attacks.
>>
>>43897370
Mutants and masterminds come to mind. It's fairly open ended and variable as far as player abilities go.
>>
1) get absolutely plastered
2) Ensure rose-tinted glasses are firmly affixed to face
3) say whatever you want
4) punctuate whatever you're doing with "DUDE" and "AWESOME" ("RADICAL" is optional but recommended).
5) somehow get a countless number of millennials nostalgic for a time they didn't grow up in and get funded up the butt for a 20-minute game.
>>
>>43899711
I take it you haven't actually watched the movie, have you?
>>
>>43897370
Constantly make bad jokes that danger 5 did better, while not actually resembling 80s movies in any fashion, and basing all your knowledge of the decade off of playing Far cry Blood Dragon drunk.
>>
>>43899711
>>43899787
>Hating on something for the sake of hating it
>>
>>43899754
Yes, I have seen it. Why does everyone think there was literally no way you couldn't enjoy that short?
I think it would have been great as like a five minute thing; the ridiculous silliness would have been perfect, but when you have it keep going like that it just drags everything down. By the end, they had beat that "80's movies were insane" dead horse to absolute mush.

I did like the little things they had like the crappy VCR tracking. That was a nice touch

>tl;dr funny for the first bit/what they showed in the trailer, but it went on too long and ran itself into the ground. Can't just spam the same joke over and over bro.

Though I may be biased, considering I was living with my manchild of a brother who wouldn't shut the fuck up about it and is 110% nostalgic for 80s junk. Nothing ruins fun things faster than shitty fans.
>>
>>43899840
No, I hate it because it's bad, and unfunny. It had a couple good moments, but was mostly just bad.
>>
>>43899875
That last thing might be it. I quite enjoyed all of it myself. But I've only watched it twice and talked about it for a bit with my mates after watching it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.