[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a vampire drinks only the blood of sedated criminals sentenced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
File: Vamp.jpg (282 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
Vamp.jpg
282 KB, 1000x1400
If a vampire drinks only the blood of sedated criminals sentenced to death by a LG state, why is he evil?
>>
Depends on the setting, OP.
>>
>>43896012
Because he's an abomination which exists for the sole purpose of preying on sapient beings.

Being an animal which preys on a man because he is convenient prey is one thing. A beast designed specifically for that purpose is anathema of all things related to human self-preservation, one of the keystones upon which the tower of human morality stands.
>>
>>43896012
Is he acting on authority of the state or not?
>>
Because he's an undead.
>>
>>43896012
because he enjoys it.
>>
>>43896125
He is.
>>
>>43896106

Abomination he may be, but what if it wasn't his choice to become one?
>>
>>43896012
Maybe he isn't
>>
>>43896274
There are evils that don't merit the sword. An evil which chooses to seek a more noble purpose is one of them.

Do you even paladin?
>>
File: theavatar.jpg (21 KB, 322x356) Image search: [Google]
theavatar.jpg
21 KB, 322x356
>>43896340

What's a paladin?
>>
File: Beta_ray_bill.jpg (255 KB, 550x542) Image search: [Google]
Beta_ray_bill.jpg
255 KB, 550x542
>>43896381
Anyone who strives to be like this man.
>>
>>43896381
A robot knight sent back from the future to kill elves.
>>
>>43896012
Because the alignment system says so
>>
File: the hell of furries.gif (925 KB, 460x620) Image search: [Google]
the hell of furries.gif
925 KB, 460x620
>>43896012

A better question is, why is a vampire only drinking the blood of sedated criminals sentenced to death by a LG state?

Generally when you see an evil being doing something not evil it's because there's a greater evil they're working towards - maybe the blood of people sentenced to death is needed to power some sort of amulet or item that will give them more power, or maybe it's necessary to send the entire plane into a realm of evil furries.
>>
>>43896481
Horse-Thor? >>>/mlp/
>>
Alignments: Useless, Outdated, Divisive, and Unrepresentative of How Actual People Behave.
>>
File: 1363447393269.gif (336 KB, 499x276) Image search: [Google]
1363447393269.gif
336 KB, 499x276
>>43896843

But no.
>>
>>43896012
He isn't.
>>
>>43896770
Oh you.

Please be making a joke.
>>
>>43896770
robo-alien-thorse
>>
>>43896198
Then I don't think it's any more or less evil than beheading or hanging or any other form of execution.
>>
>>43896744
Or you know, he just acts out of self-preservation? Saturday morning cartoon type of villains who do shit just because they are evil are kind of rare in the real world.
>>
>>43896481
I doubt paladins are raging fedoras.
>>
>>43896744
>the hell of furries
I'm sorry, but what? That looks like a pretty standard Hell.
>>
>>43896924
Hitler, Stalin, hundreds of serial killers and mass murderers.
>>
>>43896924
So are vampires.
>>
>>43896951
Hitler believed that all of it was in the end for a greater good. Most serial killers live unsuspicious lifes and don't eat EVIL!breakfasts and wear EVIL!clothes, not everone is the Night Stalker. Situation might be just convenient for the vampire. He doesn't need to plan something evil just because he somehow serves evil, whatever the fuck would that mean.
>>
>>43896274
Then by the will of the gods he should have rightly put an end to himself to stop the spread of corruption.
>>
File: 1401115315066.jpg (314 KB, 1038x1393) Image search: [Google]
1401115315066.jpg
314 KB, 1038x1393
>>43896924
>Saturday morning cartoon type of villains who do shit just because they are evil are kind of rare in the real world.

And so are vampires.
>>
>>43896012

There are 2 approaches:

1. There is irredeemable evil, and vampires are one version of it. No matter what they say, no matter what they do, no matter how they curb their instincts, that vampire drinking from criminals is at some point going to go completely postal and rip a room full of kindergartners apart and blame it on a puppy. In it's mind, everything it does is for the purpose of committing greater acts of evil and there is no way for a vampire to think otherwise.

2. Evil natures, even ones as strong as vampire are created with, can be overcome. Maybe it remembered just a little of what it is like to be human. Maybe it sees that evil can be pretty wasteful in the way it can act entitled. Maybe it is Sorin from Magic: The Gathering. The examples could all end up being a neutral alignment. And perhaps somewhere other there one of these damned creatures, no matter how vile the gods of the undead wanted it to be, dedicated centuries to rising above it's nature. It does not kill when it takes blood. It protects the weak and innocent. It has dedicated itself to simply doing the right thing. Maybe such a creature might be good?

So it depends on the setting.
>>
>>43896381
A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF PRAYERS
>>
I like how nobody here is disputing that a LG state would sentence people to death.
>>
Here's how I see it:

It's a good deal. The vampire, knowing it is one the single-most powerful symbols of unholy darkness in the world, knows there will be people who want to annihilate it. So, it comes to a crime-ridden city and says 'In exchange for my safety and constant food source - meaning I'll never have to prey on anyone in the city, I'll get rid of the criminals quick and easy for you'. It's a win-win situation for both parties.

Of course, the vampire could just be drinking all these criminals, possibly over decades, and turning them all into thralls. A whole legion of thralls in the mass graves under the city just waiting to burst forth when they outnumber the living inhabitants. Not a bad plan. Of course, any smart thinking courtesan will try and tell their monarch this because let's face it, it's a fucking vampire you have to be careful.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 819x976) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 819x976
>>43897232
I've tried, they lean on "CLEAVE AND SMITE" as their answer
>>
File: check em oh.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
check em oh.gif
2 MB, 366x360
>>43897193

been restraining myself from shouting "WHEN IT PRODUCES A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS!" at people on twitter whenever I see a "when does personhood begin?" debates on twitter a lot this weekend.
>>
>>43896012
Because he extends his normal life span and doesn't seek immortality through submission to God and Mother Church.
>>
>>43896012
Because he then sends the bodies to the morgue that is run by his Evil necromancer friend who then uses these bodies to make hyper-aggressive zombies.
>>
>>43897232
Normally a setting with vampires come with other intelligent monsters that there is no reasonable excuse for imprisoning rather than killing them. Alternatively, the idea that execution as punishment is evil was not held by most historical societies, and most fantasy systems with alignments are based in period-like locations and moralities.
>>
>>43897232

The problem with executions from a Good stand point is tied into the low fidelity of the court system in real life.

When there's "Detect Evil" at hand executions are hard to argue with as long as there's a clause that non-evil offenders are exempt from being executed because anyone not pinging evil does have some chance of redemption still or otherwise it isn't in the benefit of the Lawful Good society to execute them.

Indeed, there'd probably be an entire bag of laws that exist to add various alignment based punishments to the standard spread of offenses, so neutral aligned people always get fined money and suffer some property seizure on top of imprisonment or labor based restitutions, good people get extra counselling and rehabilitation, lawful and chaotic people get banished from the realm or enslaved etc...

And then for evil doers, there's execution.
>>
>>43897552
Alignments can change though
>>
>>43896381
A French knight
>>
>>43896012
>If a vampire drinks only the blood of sedated criminals sentenced to death by a LG state, why is he evil?
your argument is moot because you've presented a scenario that would never happen.

either the State is NOT a LG State if it is sentencing criminals to become Vampire chow, or, if it is indeed the vampire's idea then it's not lawful and more than likely the LG state wants the (quite literally) damned abomination dead!
>>
>>43896012
ALTOGETHER NOW

IT DEPENDS ON THE SETTINNNGGGGGGGGGG
>>
File: BRB.jpg (51 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
BRB.jpg
51 KB, 421x640
>>43896481
Legit.
>>
>>43896908
In the US, at least, inflicting unnecessary pain on the condemned is considered cruel and unusual. OP specified sedated, so vamp is fine, but beheading is illegal for a reason.
>>
>>43896942

Some of his best friends are gods.
>>
>>43897552
I'm pretty sure discrimination laws are inherently not good things.
>>
>>43897552
A lawful society will only punish criminals for what they've done, though, not who they are. There are plenty of sleazeballs who will ping evil despite not having actually committed crimes -- they're just lying dirtbags who press every legal advantage no matter how dickish it is, and who willingly turn a blind eye to other's crime when it benefits them.

Granted, in a setting where detect evil is as cheap as a gallon of milk you can reasonably expect the people to not associate with evil and to never ping evil themselves, but if magic is even a little bit limited you have to fall back on plain old "don't do the bad thing" laws in order to remain fair. At that point, you have to go back to trusting the fidelity of the court system, which is going to be flawed.
>>
File: Robo2.jpg (38 KB, 245x450) Image search: [Google]
Robo2.jpg
38 KB, 245x450
>>43896481
>I'd rather be this
>>
>>43896012
Die monster! You don't belong in this thread!
>>
>>43902526
I'm pretty sure discrimination against people divinely identified as objectively evil is fine for a LG kingdom to do.
>>
>>43896012

I'm not sure a LG state would feed its criminals to vampires.
>>
>>43904774
If an evil person and a neutral person both commit the same exact crime, they should be punished the same. Although i guess this could be filed under the idea that LG doesn't mean lawful nice, but it's still a breaking shittty thing to do.

It sort sounds like an even shittier version of the 3 strikes law. Criminal should be punished for the crimes they commit in a manner appropriate for the crime. The law shouldn't care if the person is evil/neutral/good or lawful/neutral/chaotic, just as it shouldn't care what race or sex or whatever other fucking descriptor you could possible stick on someone that you could discriminate against.
>>
>>43904825
It's more humane than hanging or decapitation.
>>
>>43904859

I'm not entirely convinced that that's right, and I don't know if it makes it LG even if it is.
>>
>>43904825
I don't see a problem if they are going to execute the criminal anyway and it's not unusually cruel.
>>
>>43904833
>It sort sounds like an even shittier version of the 3 strikes law.
>Talks about discrimination

Are we thinking of the same law? The one that just says "If you've been convicted of felonies on three separate occasions, you're too dangerous to let out on the streets"?

Or are you one of those people who think that justice is racist because thugs and gangbangers are primarily minorities?
>>
>>43904833
Perhaps, but I could see sentences varying from alignment to alignment. Obviously an evil criminal will need more rehabilitation than a neutral one.
>>
>>43897046
Yeah serial killers are totally normal people except for when they murder people fir their own gratification. Totally not pointless evil.
>>
>>43896770
Better than Whor to be quite honest familia
>>
>>43896012
In D&D (i assume that's what you had in mind when you typed LG), monsters do Evil things because they are Evil, as much as they are Evil because they do Evil things.
Vampires are Evil. its an automatic alignment shift that occurs as soon as a vampire is created, before it has ever sucked a single neck
because the vampire is Evil, it doesn't see the need to feed in the way that you described. why not just murder people? murdering people is fun. because it's Evil
subverting monsters like this just turns them into people. it defeats the purpose of having a monster in the first place. monsters exist to be weird and wrong and make the world a worse place just by existing. and to be killed by heroes
>>
>>43896770
>he doesn't know about thorse
>>
How would things be for vampires if they could live off of animal blood too, and not just human blood. I can't help but picture a vampire that's completely blended in and just has his meat served cooked rare.
>>
File: mjolnirpowersdisplay.jpg (68 KB, 620x324) Image search: [Google]
mjolnirpowersdisplay.jpg
68 KB, 620x324
>>43896770

Thor gets a bit weird if you delve into the long running mythos and side characters.

For instance, Thorse there was neccesary because Thor was turned into an ordinary sized frog for a few years.
>>
>>43896012
He isn't.

Also if the blood can be arranged for by freely given consent and without killing the duded holding out their arm so much the better.
>>
>>43905023
>Yeah serial killers are totally normal people except for when they murder people fir their own gratification.

Pretty much. You don't really need to do much other than kill a series of people in order to be a serial killer.
>>
>>43906322
What the fuck is going on in that pic?
>>
>>43905062
>murdering people is fun. because it's Evil

No. Being evil doesn't have to mean you find murdering fun at all. Evil doesn't mean lol randum chaotic evil.

A vampire is a logical being. A vampire needs to feed. If the state's willing to feed him that way, why would he not take the opportunity?
>>
>>43906312
This would defeat the purpose of having vampires at all, since the main point of conflict is their need for human blood.
>>
>>43897004
>>43897174
That's just what the vampires want you to think
>>
>>43896481
>says man
>posts a horse
>>
>>43896942
>fedora

The Christians truly became a force to be reckoned with when they appropriated this word of power, allowing them to instantly dismiss any criticism toward their primitive superstitions.
>>
>>43904908
>I don't see a problem if they are going to execute the criminal anyway and it's not unusually cruel
But are you seeing the whole picture? Do you know what happens to the soul of someone eaten by a vampire? I don't either, but being burnt up by the vampire as it drains thier essence and is forever denied peace doesn't sound outside the realm of possibility.

If your setting has Unholy things, it should have Holy ones. Consult them first: if they say it's ok, then you can think about it. If they say SMITE, you SMITE.
>>
>>43906365
>A vampire is a logical being
That right there is your wrong assumption.

Vampires are driven by hunger, by the need to exert ultimate power over another, to take and destroy. Everything human about them was scooped out the moment they rose. They wear human skin, can talk with human words, but their mind is alien and hostile and illogical and awful.

The whole "tragic immortal" thing has been played to death and leads to twlight-level garbage. They are remorseless predators. They are capable of smiling sweetly for a time, playing at civility, but it is just that: an amusing game. A cat toying with a mouse for a time. but the hunger will always become the priority eventually.

If a cow asked you to suck on its udders rather than eat a steak, would you?
>>
>>43897174
Jesus christ her fucking fingers
>>
>>43902051
I don't want to go too much off topic here, but if you think poison syringes are less painful than beheading, you don't know much about at least one of those methods.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.