[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I incorporate a Hotline Miami vibe into a campaign?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
How do I incorporate a Hotline Miami vibe into a campaign?
>>
>>43889838
Let your players wear animal masks of their choosing and play the HM theme in the background.
Also,every time a player dies ingame you beat him to death with a blunt object.
>>
>>43889838
Whats the system/genre?
>>
>>43889838
If your players are onboard for unreliable narration, I'd suggest that. It'll go along way if you call roleplay hitmen too coked out to trust their own eyes.
>>
>>43889838
Randomly send notes to the players as the voices on their answering machine?
>>
Have the same NPC running every single late night diner, petrol station, etc etc.
>>
>>43889838
Make it surreal as possible. Dead people being alive again next session. Party receives orders via innocuous messages, when they get there, the people are hostile and the players have to kill all of them. You'd have to railroad that pretty hard, though if a player decides to not follow the orders.
>>
Bumping for interest, my players are in Miami and getting closer to an hotline-miami themed gang (think the fans except with more cyberware)
>>
File: HELL VICE MERCILESS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
HELL VICE MERCILESS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43889838
>>
>>43890444
>You'd have to railroad that pretty hard, though if a player decides to not follow the orders.
I don't see why. Just them off on a tangent adventure akin to Biker's search for the truth. You could even have it become weirder and more violent the further off the path they go.
>>
>>43889838
just play this on repeat in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
>>
>>43890913
This shit is great.
>>
>>43889838
>>43889935
I can see the game theme working with the following:
>WoD: Mortals / WoD: Slasher
>street level Shadowrun
>Violence RPG (yes, it's parody system, but it fits here)
>heavily refluffed Dark Heresy system
>very twisted game of Maid RPG
>>
>>43891399
I'm using a hack of Streets of Marienburg to do Shadowrun meself.

Violence RPG is actually pretty good at what it says it does if you disregard the weird dices.
>>
It just occurred to me that a good system for a Hotline Miami RPG, assuming you're going for the first game and ignoring the second, is Everyone Is John. Each player controls Jacket as a different mask persona, Richard et al.
>>
File: 1448666003322.jpg (258 KB, 460x2380) Image search: [Google]
1448666003322.jpg
258 KB, 460x2380
>>43889838
Add that dank music and focus on the colors of things while narrating.

How is the music genre from HM called?
>>
>>43891665
New Retro Wave

https://www.youtube.com/user/NewRetroWave

Or Electronica I suppose.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.