[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hogwarts Quest Interbellum Period XVI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: hogwarts.jpg (129 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
hogwarts.jpg
129 KB, 500x411
For character informations, old threads and stuff:
>http://pastebin.com/RR1jbGbc
>New rule, 1 free reroll each semester

>Summary: Year is 1983, Lord Voldemort was "killed" by the Boy Who Lived one year ago. You are John Apise, only child of a rich pureblood family, you started Hogwarts last year. You love potions, herbology and magical beasts. You meet with new friends and joined the Quidditch team as a Seeker. Your Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher turned out to be a half-vampire at the end of the first year and you helped to defeat her and her plans. Now you are about to start your second year at Hogwarts.
>>
File: johnva.png (234 KB, 1202x1388) Image search: [Google]
johnva.png
234 KB, 1202x1388
After half hour of flying you reach your destination. This is the first time you are attending a professional Quidditch match and this is the first time you see a real stadium. You follow Tim and his father. Tim has a big Wales hat on his head, a green hat with a red dragon roaring around. You see mostly Wales fans but there are a few people with Syrian flags as well.

The stadium is very nice and big. You are impressed. You can't imagine how it would feel to play here as a player infront of such a big crowd, even though the stadium is not full it is still impressive for you.

The game starts slow. Both teams are cautious and not using any fast or risky tactics. Tim's father is chatting with another man who is seated next to him and you are talking with Tim casually while watching the game. The weather is warm and clear. The stadium is dominated by Wales fans and their cheering. A few dark hooded figures pass your seats and block your view for a few seconds and you miss Syria score a fantastic point as even Tim cheers, sounding impressed.

1/2
>>
File: spellbook.png (36 KB, 586x704) Image search: [Google]
spellbook.png
36 KB, 586x704
>>43889546
The game continues for another half hour as Wales starts to play more aggressively and they are ahead of the Syria by 50 points.

You and Tim get some snacks while watching the game. They are called Snake Crackers as they look like live small worms but when you eat them they crumble in your mouth and have a salty taste. You like it.

Then something goes wrong.

You hear a big explosion and suddenly all the lights of the stadium goes black. You can't see much, the sky is almost dark. You hear screams and cries of pain. You have no idea what is happening. Suddenly somebody hits you from behind and you fall down. People are running around. You hear Tim calling your name but suddenly everyone is running around and there is a complete chaos. You think you fall down at least two rows in front of you and have hurt your knee.

>Try to stay hidden and understand what is happening
>Cast Lumos
>Shout for Tim
>Other
>>
>>43889635
>Cast Lumos
>>
>>43889635
>Cast the flare spell
>>
>>43889635
>Cast Lumos
>>
File: 1443285221955.jpg (120 KB, 627x777) Image search: [Google]
1443285221955.jpg
120 KB, 627x777
>>43889674
>>43889699
You cast Lumos and finally you can see better now. You can't see Tim or his father. There are some people you don't know running towards the gates. The guy who sell the snacks has left also and his trolley is broken on the floor with food all over the place. Some small lights start to appear also around the stadium as other people start to cast spells of illumination.

You hear Tim shouting "John!" but you can't see him. Suddenly one of the man who passed in front of you, the ones with black robes appear. You see two of them some ten meters away from you. One of them casts a spell, and some green sparks come out of his wand and you hear someone hits the ground. You think he cursed someone. The other one looks around and starts to walk towards you as you are the only person with light around.

>Run away
>Nox and hide
>Cast a spell towards the man (which?)
>Other
>>
>>43889635
>Cast Lumos
>>
>>43889803
>Cast Incendio
We maintain it on him, forcing him to keep up some sort of protection as we move around towards Tim.
>>
>>43889803
>Cast a spell towards the man
Verdimillious Charm.
It'll tell us if he's using Dark Arts, and it'll shock him.
>>
>>43889803
>Nox and hide

Nigga we're 2nd year we cant be playing aurors at this age we are not harry pottah.
>>
>>43889815
It's not a flame thrower it just ignites whatever flamable object we aim it at.
>>
>>43889931
Ah. Verdimillious, then. Don't look at it. If we use Nox immediately after, he'll be blinded by the brightness, it'll give us a chance to slip away.
>>
>>43889835
>>43889975
Roll 1d10
>>
>>43890076
forgot name
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>43890076
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>43890076
>>
>>43890103
First roll ever is a 10. Damn son I gotta roll more often.
>>
>>43890120
Better than that one thread where the one guys first roll was a 1 and it was the one that counted.

>>43890108
good enough?
>>
>>43890120
Roll slower next time.

>>43890108
You draw your wand and cast the Verdimilious Charm towards the black robbed man. Green energy bursts from your wand, hitting the man, it sounds like firecrackers and the man seems to be taken a back just for a few seconds. You have a small opening to run away or do something else.

>Run away
>Nox
>Shout for Tim
>Cast another spell
>Other
>>
cast spell
>>
>>43890244
>Nox
>>
>>43890244
>run
We're too young for fighting adults.
>>
>>43890244
>Nox
>Run away
>>
>>43890244
>Nox & Run away
>>
>>43890244
>Run away

It doesn't work that way if he rolled slower it wouldn't have been a 10. Obligatory I hate this system.
>>
>>43890278
>>43890285
>>43890303
>>43890317
You kill the light of your wand and start running away. Suddenly when the light goes off it is difficult to adjust for a minute but then you manage to find your way. You try to climb up the stairs to return to your seat where you last left Tim and his dad.

You hear someone shouting "Kill them all!" and then some woman cries in pain. Some spells fly around. You think you found the old seat. "John!" someone shouts, you think it's Tim's dad, it is coming from nearby.

Then you hear and see a man's silhouette casting some spells and giving orders as "Get them all! Catch them!"

Just when you finally find Tim and his father some of the stadium's lights turn on. Tim's father seems very worried and grabs you in an instant. "Merlin's beard you are okay my boy!"

You try to ask what's happened and he says "A group started to attack people. But now things are getting under control with the Aurors arrived."

You all move towards the gates with the other fans and Aurors start to appear one by one at every corner keeping order and securing the stadium. After sometime, you think one hour maybe, everyone has evacuated the place and some of the attackers have been caught, some killed and a few escaped.

Finally a man with long gray hair and a beard, wearing dark blue robes and a very pointy hat makes some announcements. "We have been attacked by the followers of the You-Know-Who. These criminals...terrorists, they must realize that their leader is destroyed and their goals are dead. They will never, and I repeat, never come back again!"

Tim whispers to you, "This is the head of the Auror Office Vitellius Napol.."

The Head Auror continues "This group was a left over of his followers, trying to cause unrest in our society. They have been caught and will be sent to Azkaban. Do not worry. Our resolve is strong!"

1/2
>>
>>43890579
After the events, the game is cancelled and you return to Tim's house. His mom tell you when you arrive that the Floo Network has been shut down for the night for security measures and that she has spoken to your mom and you are to spend the night at Tim's house.

After telling the events to Tim's mom in detail, having some dinner and all you are in Tim's room in the guest bed on the floor. Tim is in his bed near you. "Why do you think these people attacked the stadium, John? What do they gain by this?" he asks, seriously confused and sounding shocked. It seems Tim lost some of his child innocence at this horrible event.

>They were Death Eaters, who don't have any other life now that the You Know Who is dead so they just attack people and try to hurt people.
>It is a tactic, they want to create fear and chaos.
>They are just crazy people, Tim. Who knows why they do this kind of things.
>I don't know but I would like to catch and punish them for this.
>Other
>>
>>43890634
>they are just crazy people Tim
>>
>>43890634
>It is a tactic, they want to create fear and chaos.
>>
>>43890665
>>43890668
"They are just crazy people Tim, they try to create fear and chaos." you reply calmly. After your experience at the first year you do not get afraid so easily. The night goes like this as you two chat and slowly drift to sweet sleep. In the morning you say goodbye to Tim and his parents and arrive at your home.

After another detailed story telling to your parents about the incident life more or less goes back to normal. You wonder who it was that you hit with your spell. Or that was he caught, killed or escaped?

With these thoughts in your mind you hear your father calling for you. He has the Daily Prophet in his hand and smiling. "Good news, John. Mr. Hevelius has accepted the job of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher." You can see the man you've met in France, smilling and waving to the camera in the picture. The newspaper goes on to list his achievements as an Auror and an old member of the Wizengamot.

You are glad that instead of a half vampire crazy person now you have a very accomplished wizard who happens to be a family friend.

>Timeskip to King's Cross
>Other

>feel free to suggest anything you want to do before the start of the semester.
>>
>>43891125
>timeskip
>>
>>43891125
>timeskip
I guess. I dont think of anything we can do.
>>
>>43891125
>time skip
>>
>>43891247
>>43891387
>>43891422

Your shopping list for the second year has been all arranged and you didn't even need to leave the Mansion to go the Diagon Alley.

After spending the last week of the summer it is finally time to start the new year at Hogwarts. Your mom takes you to the station since your father has some urgent business to take care off.

She tells you to be careful at the Hogwarts and keep focusing on your studies. She also says she believes in you that you will make it into the team again. You smile, remembering your practices with your mom during the summer.

Just when it is time to say goodbye you see Anya coming with her mother. It is a warm yet rainy day. Anya carries a wet umbrella. Her mom looks quite pale and she wears a long raincoat. She has similar features and hair with Anya yet her eyes are very light blue almost gray.

Anya waves at you smiling and you wave back. You introduce her to your mom and she talks with her warmly.

Your mom and Anya's mom look quite different from each other. Your mom is wearing black robes with laces at the arms, a pointy hat with a green and silver ribbon around it. They awkwardly greet each other. They talk about things like weather while you talk with Anya passionately sharing all the things you did during the summer.

"I can't thank you enough, John for saving Anya! She told me the stories, how horrible. I don't understand how can they allow people like this to become a teacher." Anya's mom says, referring to the events at the end of the last year. "I heard much about you from Anya. I am very glad that she has a friend like you."

You can see that your mom, Joan, feels very proud about you.

>Say it was nothing embarrassedly
>Say it was nothing confidently
>Praise Anya's help during the year to you
>Ask if Anya can come over for the Christmas
>Other
>>
>>43891851
>say it was nothing embarrassedly
>>
>>43891851
"She would've done the same for me. That's what friends do right? Have each other's back."
>>
>>43891851
>>Say it was nothing embarrassedly
>>Praise Anya's help during the year to you
>>
>>43891851
>>
>>43891851

Bit soon to think about Christmas, and also I'm sure they've already got a trip to Moscow planned.
>>
>>43891851
>>
File: 1429840486087.jpg (26 KB, 410x500) Image search: [Google]
1429840486087.jpg
26 KB, 410x500
>>43892005
"Sleeper cell Anya is established in Hogwarts premier!"
>>
>>43891851
>>
>>43892005
Moscow you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4
>>
>>43891915
>>43891973
>>43891987
>>43892000
>>43892005
>>43892066
>>43892095

You blush a bit. "It was nothing really...She would've done the same for me. That's what friends do right? Have each other's back. She has been very helpful to me all the year too about the studies..."

Anya's mom smiles warmly. "Ah such a cute boy. I had my reservations about this place but I am glad my Anya has found such nice friends."

"Hogwarts is a place of quality education and the basis of a high society." your mom interrupts. "There is nowhere else where Anya can get a better education." She concludes, head high and confident.

>Interrupt and remind that "we have to go soon"
>Let them continue speaking
>Other
>>
>>43892247
>Let them continue speaking
"Are there no wizarding schools in the USSR?"
>>
>>43892217
Thank you. It's been a while since I saw that.

>>43892247
>>Interrupt and remind that "we have to go soon"
>>
>>43892247
>>Interrupt and remind that "we have to go soon"
ohh god i dont wanna be caught in a parent fight
>>
>>43892283
you made me chuckle
>>43892247
>interrupt and remind that we have to go soon.
>>
>>43892247

Just say that we want to get our own cabin for our other friends.
>>
>>43892247
Don't want our moms to be fighting.
>>
>>43892311
>>43892320
>>43892341
>>43892380
You interrupt and announce that it's time and that you have to go. "We need to go now mom, we need to get our own cabin."

You say your goodbye to your mom and also to Anya's mom. You wait for Anya to enter the Peron 9¾ and then you follow. Your bags and the cage of Cordy with you, two of you enter the train and find a nice and empty place to sit. You haven't seen Tim or Glenn yet.

Anya asks about what happened at the Quidditch match. She says she didn't want to bring it up next to her mom as she was already afraid of the events of the last year. You tell her the whole story.

"It sounds not so good. But I read about some groups like this, that they continue to act on their own, causing chaos and destruction after their leader dies..." She gives some historical examples but you don't know what is she actually talking about.

Then you see some Ravenclaws moving at the corridor. Alice enters your cabin and asks for Tim, then she leaves possibly to find him. After a few minutes Valdis and Juliette enter and sit with you. They both look more or less the same. You wonder if Juliette will be still the top of the class in Transfigurations this year, and if Valdis will still drain all the house points.

"How was your summer guys? I had a kind of magical accident and broke my wand... My grandfather took me to get the new one. Mom said maybe if I went with an actually successful wizard I might pick a good wand..." he seems a bit embarrased but also seems to be making fun of himself.

>My summer was awesome. I practiced Quidditch with mom all the time.
>My summer was cool, I studied a lot of potions and read some books.
>The summer was boring I am glad the school is starting again.
>It was okay
>Other
>>
>>43892633
>>My summer was awesome. I practiced Quidditch with mom all the time.
did we give Anya her book back
>>
>>43892633
"And I only almost died twice!"
>>
>>43892698
No but you can now that you have finished reading it and it's in your bag.
>>
>>43892633
>It was okay

On the plus side, we got to goto France. On the downside, we almost got killed twice. Overall it was fine.
>>
>>43892633
>>My summer was cool, I studied a lot of potions and read some books.
Books are way cooler than Quidditch. They're the thing to mention.
>>
File: bordeaux[1].jpg (45 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
bordeaux[1].jpg
45 KB, 600x338
>>43892633
Ah forgot to add

>My summer was awesome I've been to France
>>
>>43892719
lets do that as well
>>
>>43892633
>Played Quidditch, studied and read a lot. Also went to France for a bit. Oh and I know who the new DADA teacher is!

>Ask him what his new wand is like
"Wood type, core?"
>>
>>43892759
Oh and I guess I'm invoking our ways with wands since we're asking about it.
>>
>>43892633
>Other: return Anya's book
>>
>>43892698
>>43892700
>>43892730
>>43892759
>>43892832
"My summer was awesome. I've practiced Quidditch with my mom all the time and I went to France with my dad! Almost got into serious trouble twice and oh by the way I know who is the new DADA teacher!" you say.

After a rain of questions, you tell them all about your summer and finally what happened at the stadium and also about the new professor. You ask about Valdis' new wand and he shows it to you. Then you take out the book Anya lent you and say sorry for being late and return it to her. You talk a bit with her about the book while the train makes its way through the countryside and the rain gets heavier.

The food cart arrives and you take some stuff hoping that you would not feel sick eating on the way.

Juliette asks Anya to accompany her outside for a moment and they both leave you see them talking about something outside. Valdis just shurgs and says "Girls...weird."

Then he says slowly. "Actually my grandfather is also friends with the new Professor Hevelius. He is still in the Wizengamot and they were working together before the Professor retired. Maybe my grandfather also friends with your grandfather, John. I will ask him this. What are your plans for this year? I am planning to create an Astronomy club."

>I am planning to concentrate on a class mostly (which)
>I am planning to win the Quidditch Cup!
>I am planning to win the House Cup like last year!
>I don't know
>Other
>>
>>43893067
>I don't know

Don't really mind what happens, just as long as there are no giant bats about.
>>
>>43893067
>>I don't know
>>
>>43893067
>I am planning to win the quidditch cup & concentrate on classes.
>>
>>43893067
>>I don't know
Looking forward to a nice relaxing year of study. None of this heroing malarkey.
>>
>>43893067
>I am planning to concentrate on a class mostly Potions
Professor, please notice me!
>>
>>43893247
Remember what happened the last time we didn't put an end to chicanery before it got out of hand?
We ended up with classes getting cancelled and things interrupting our homework and extra credits time.
>>
>>43893267
It could have been a fluke. A bad year.
We're too young to let go of our futile hope yet.
>>
>>43893166
This
>>
>>43893067
>Other
Can we create a bee-themed Hogwart's Watch group?

Students from each house is paired in groups of four (with one of each member of every house in each group) and all led by Cordy
>>
>>43893336
Sounds good
>>
>>43893124
>>43893149
>>43893247

You shrug. "I don't know. I just look forward to a nice relaxing year of study."

Then Valdis asks looking really hopeful. "So would you like to join my Astronomy club? We will study the class, do the home works together, watch the stars at the tower and check all the planets and moons. Also there are some enchantments and spells that only work under certain starlight or when some planets align. I want to do some research in this subject. What do you say?"

>Yes (because...)
>No (because...)
>Other
>>
>>43893578
>Also there are some enchantments and spells that only work under certain starlight or when some planets align.

>Yes (because...)
Ritualistic magic? Yes please.
>>
>>43893578
>Yes (because...)
"SPACE MAGIC!"
>>
>>43893578
>>Yes (because...)
Lovecraftian bees, here we come. This is a great idea.
>>
File: BEES.png (396 KB, 1025x424) Image search: [Google]
BEES.png
396 KB, 1025x424
>>43893714
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>43893578
>Yes (because...)
Extra Credit! Extra Credit projects that can only be completed at certain times of the year, meaning rare extra credit points.
>>
>>43893578
Yes we need to create Nocturnal bees of doom.
>>
>>43894026
A WIZARD attack, A deadly BEE weapon. Bees. My god.
>>
>>43893619
>>43893659
>>43893714
>>43893753
>>43893926
"Yes! I would like to join. It sounds really interesting." you say. Valdis looks a bit surprised. "Really? Awesome! I didn't know you had an interest in Astronomy before John! But this is really cool. Now we can spend a lot of time together!"

The train continues on it's way and at some point Tim and Glenn arrives to your cabin. You spend the rest of the journey chatting about casual things, Quidditch and the attack at the stadium.

Anya also comes back and sits down with you guys.

The train finally arrives at Hogwarts.

1/2
>>
File: JUp5aTU.jpg (46 KB, 494x469) Image search: [Google]
JUp5aTU.jpg
46 KB, 494x469
>>43894086
BEEWARE OUR POWER
>>
Oh god, you guys chose to join Valdis' loser club. We've already got the book club and quidditch. I mean we could have done something that could have vaguely been cool like, dueling, the newspaper thing that was mentioned before, or joined the blood-supremacy group.
>>
File: rc.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rc.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>43894150
You enter the castle and take your seat at the Ravenclaw table with your friends. Alba waves at you from the Gryffindor table but you don't have the opportunity to chat as the Sorting Ceremony starts. You cheer with others when someone gets sorted into Ravenclaw.

After the ceremony the Headmaster introduces the new professor and makes a speech about the recent attacks.

"...People without love will always live in fear. And they will always want to destroy the happiness of others by trying to inflict them with their fear. But we will not be afraid. We will continue to love each other and trust our friends."

After the speech and after the dinner you and all the other students are taken to their houses. The Eagle statue asks it's riddle, "How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it?" The prefect replies, "It has a hole in it" The door swings open and everyone enters.

You take your first step into the Ravenclaw Tower and you realize really how much you miss the place.

You have some little time to kill before going to sleep.

>Chat with someone (who)
>Read something (what)
>Play with Cordelia
>Other
>>
>>43894370
>We get so many clubs that we need a time-turner just to go to them all.
>>
>>43894432
>Play with Cordelia

Down in the common room, maybe chat with our friends about random stuff while we're at it
>>
>>43894432
>other
>Meditation!
>>
>>43894432
>Chat with someone
Glenn, see how he's doing.
>>
>>43894432
>Play with Cordelia
>Chat with someone (who)

Talk with Glenn, I don't think we caught up much with him over the summer.
>>
>>43894432
>>Play with Cordelia
>>
>>43894432
>>Chat with someone (who)
Glenn
>>
File: johnschedule.png (32 KB, 951x502) Image search: [Google]
johnschedule.png
32 KB, 951x502
New Schedule for Year 2
>No more sweet saturdays
>>
>>43894591
Forgot to add: Thursdays will be Clubs day and Quidditch practices for teams.
>>
>>43894591
God, Hogwarts students have so much free time.
>>
>>43894370
>Newspaper club
>vaguely cool

Did you hit your head anon? Are you okay? Should we call an ambulance?
>>
>>43894686
Hey, at least there's a girl in it that we could try and impress. As opposed to Astronomy club with the Valdis, the worst Ravenclaw ever, the man who had he not dropped us so many points, we wouldn't have needed to even fight a vampire to win the house cup.
>>
>>43894728
The more we stay with Valdis the more we can keep him from sucking our points like some...point vampire.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (177 KB, 354x512) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
177 KB, 354x512
>>43894728
Valdis will look like his great great great great great great great grandfather who was a headmaster, once he is old.
>>
>>43894770
Or his points draining could be contagious, and by encouraging him and spending time with him we too could be infected.

>>43894785
Looking like a great wizard does not make you one. Aka the Lockhart principle.
>>
>>43894826
Or our point gaining could overpower his point draining.

Because our awesomeness outshines anyone's sucktitude.
>>
>>43894432
>>Chat with someone (who)
Glen
>>
File: 1443210952084.jpg (23 KB, 227x262) Image search: [Google]
1443210952084.jpg
23 KB, 227x262
>>43894508
>>43894517
>>43894540
>>43894549
>>43894550

You take Cordelia on your lap and start petting her. Her bright eyes look around the room curiously. You can tell that she actively watches almost anything that moves around the room with her bee eyes and her left antenna sometime twitch at the same time when a wood cracks in the fireplace to your left.

While petting your Finnish Pirkka Bee you are also chatting with Glenn. He looks quite tanned after his vacation in Egypt. He tells you about this country and how awesome it was. Tell you that he saw a Sphinx and he rode camels and even explored a pyramid. It seems really cool. He says his mom and aunts are more relaxed on him nowadays since he made a prophecy last year. He tells you that Valdis asked him to join his Astronomy club but he is not sure. Glenn thinks Astronomy is very boring. Yet it is helpful sometimes for divinations so he might actually join it now that you are in too.

As you talk Tim arrives from the dormitories to the common room and sit next to you. "We need to tell captain Anthony on which position we are applying for the try outs this week. Have you decided yet?"

>Seeker
>Beater
>Keeper
>Chaser
>>
>>43894844
Anon when you hit all the suck like Valdis you start blowing points away.
>>
>>43894914
>Seeker
>>
File: IMG_2856.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2856.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43894728
Lets push him off a tower.
>>
>>43894914
>Seeker

>>43894844
Yeah. Except we're not awesome. We only became a quidditch seeker because the other guy was even worse than us. We failed to get the seeker more than once. Not to mention our repeated failings to make that one damn potion, and the fact we didn't cast a transfiguration spell for like 9 months.
>>
>>43894914
>Seeker
>>
>>43894914
>>Chaser
>>
>>43894914
>Beater
>>
>>43894935
Did you mean snitch anon, it's okay to be have a shitty opinion.
>>
>>43894935
...I still think we're awesome.
>>
>>43894914
>>Beater
>>
>>43894996
Yeah sorry. But I mean John is a kinda cool dude, fighting vampires and not throwing up on trains. But Valdis is so shit it hurts being friends with him.
>>
>>43894914
>>Seeker
>>
>>43894914
>Beater
>>
>>43894914
Seeker
>>
>>43895039
>But Valdis is so shit it hurts being friends with him.

Sometimes being a friend means sticking by them even if it does hurt. Because friends don't give up on people just because they happen to be unlucky.
>>
>>43894914
>Seeker
>>
>>43895148
There's a reason Nevile became awesome off-screen, because no one actually wanted to have to see their pitiful progression
>>
>>43895199
>pitiful progression
its not pitiful if it works
>>
>>43895199
Why not? I think being a weakling and growing into a better man is a main theme in loads of stories.
>>
>>43895258
For a main character yes. For a side-character the effect is minimal because the reader or the story is less attached to the character. For every Nevile Longbottom there's going to be 100 Saemus Finnigans, characters who are there just to exist.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51 KB, 1000x434) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51 KB, 1000x434
>>43894924
>>43894935
>>43894938
>>43895059
>>43895066
>>43895155

"Yeah I have decided, Tim. I will play as a Seeker again." you say confidently. Tim nods and answers, "Nice! I knew you would never change position!"

The first day at Hogwarts slowly ends and you head to your bed.

Next morning you wake up early to attend to your first class in the second year. It's potions class. Together with Gryffindor. It's a three hour class of potions. You take your stuff and head to the dungeons where Professor Snape teaches his class. Before the Professor arrives you have some minutes to chat with Alba. You talk about summer holiday and some other stuff. Then you are interrupted by Snape entering the classroom in his usual mood.

"This year you two houses will share my monday morning." he says almost with contempt. "You are second graders now so I actually expect you to brew some real potions instead of randomly adding plants and mixing herbs into a foul smelling water as you did most of the last year."

He continues to talk about potions and how hard it is this year and other usual stuff. Then he gives you his first assignment. Even on the first day he expects you to brew a potion this year. You feel confident since you have studied for the class during the summer.

>Gain +1 for today's class rolls

Professor wants you to prepare a Babbling Beverage. It causes the drinker the babble incoherently.

Roll 1d10 to prepare the ingredients.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>43895374
Neato
>>
>>43895311
who is our Seamus?
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>43895374
>>
>>43895416
nice
>>
>>43895394
Well according to the pastebin there's a Ravenclaw called Bryan in our year, who I have no recollection of. So probably him.
>>
>>43895394
>>43895311
I like how the one Irish character likes to blow up shit.
>>
>>43895416
I can now imagine Snape watching the class and just going "Urgh fine whatever Mr Aspie, 5 points to Ravenclaw"
>>
>>43895416
>The requirement was 9 you get 20

You prepare all the ingredients almost in a lightning speed. You cut, slice and squeeze everything in a perfect way. You even improvise at some point and use a technique different than in the book and get a better result. Professor Snape walks around the tables and after snorting near Alba's table he comes and stops near you. "Well well it seems Mr. Apise has some kind of skill in potions..." then he continues around.

>Roll 1d10 for Brewing
>>
>>43895523
dice+1d10
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>43895523
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>43895523
Well this might be worse
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d10 + 1)

>>43895523
>>
>>43895563
It was not.
>>
>>43895563
you killed it anon
>>
File: 8f6.jpg (997 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8f6.jpg
997 KB, 1920x1080
>>43895563
I did it
>>
>>43895563
Some kind of skill no shit. We're taking your job when you retire.
>>
>>43895547
rip me
dice + 1d10
>>
>>43895634
It's in the options faget.
>>
>>43895634
what the fuck am i doing wrong
>>
>>43895634
place dice+1d10 in options.
>>
>>43895634
See that thing between your name and the comment box?
That.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>43895634
>>
>>43895699
you did
>>
>>43895672
>>43895669
>>43895649
Thanks for putting up with my retarded self
>>
>>43895719
All gotta learn some how.

I still don't know how to make a triptag and until I make my super special awesome Power Rangers quest I've been planning on for the past month I probably never will.
>>
>>43895747
>whatisgoogle.png
>>
File: Ayyy.jpg (39 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Ayyy.jpg
39 KB, 250x250
>>43895699
>>43895719
Ya did it.
No worries. We've all got to learn sometime.
>>
>>43895747
http://www.4chan.org/faq#trip

That was a tough 5 seconds.
>>
>>43895563
Damn...

You put all the ingredients in correct order into the cauldron and you put the heat at the perfect degree and you stir the liquid perfectly. While Anya is still struggling with preparing ingredients and Alba's cauldron smelling like a dead rat, Valdis looking completely lost and Tim half sleeping, your potion already looks like perfectly done. It smells and looks exactly how it's supposed to.

Professor Snape once again walks around and stops at your table. "Hmm." he says with no emotion. "That is indeed a Babbling Beverage, Mr Apise." then he announces to the class loudly, "At least we have someone who knows how to brew a potion unlike you lot. Twenty points for Ravenclaw!"

>You earned the first points of the year in Hogwarts!

1/2
>>
>>43896211
FIRST BLOO- No wait...
>>
>>43896211
20 fucking points. From Snape. To a non-Slytherin. 1st class Merlin Order when?
>>
>>43896211
The class ends with Gryffindors giving you some bad looks and Ravenclaws cheering for you at the end. Even Anya looks impressed. "Wow you really did study potions this summer!" she says.

You feel quite happy with yourself. Gryffindors leave the class and you see Alba chatting with a Gryffindor boy while they go to their classes.

Glenn tells you he needs to talk something with the Divination professor and he leaves. Then Anya asks you if you are going to join the book club again.

>Yes
>No
>>
>>43896422
>No
Holy hell, we're busy with other stuff, and a book club is the easiest to cut.
>>
>>43896422
>>No
>>
>>43896422
>Yes
"I've got the perfect book."

>The King in Yellow
>>
>>43896422
>Yes

Astronomy & Books doesnt sound like a bad mix.
>>
>>43896422
>Yes

Better than looking at stars. And I'd feel bad for our Hufflepuff stalker.
>>
>>43896422
>Yes
>>
Is there a limit to how many clubs we can be in?

BECAUSE I WANNA JOIN THEM ALL!

Then merge them into one super club amalgam.
>>
>>43896422
>No
>>
>>43896422
>>No
>>
>>43896422
>Yes

Damn, we should talk to Alba later.
>>
>>43896422
>Yes

Fuck yes, exactly fits in with our Ravenclawness, way too much on our plate, still tries to do everything.

>"Why are you even in Book Club when you have so much else?"
>"Oh that, it's my relaxation time."
>>
>>43896500
Well if you manage to get into the team again, then having two clubs would be the maximum I think. Astronomy is at night so it gives you some free time for another club during the day.
>>
>>43896422
>>Yes
Must. Read. All of the books.
>>
>>43896627
Sounds reasonable enough.
>>
It's not going to interfere with our other clubs, because presumably, we'll only meet maximum of once per month for book club as we did last year. Astronomy is only going to be available in the evenings, and I'm guessing quidditch practice is limited, because you've got 3 other houses that need to practice on that day too.
>>
>>43896662
They should really just make four different fields for each team to train privately in.

Hell we could even have 'Home' and 'Away' games without ever leaving Hogwart's limits.
>>
>>43896692
And hookers, and blackjack.
>>
>>43896734
You know what, forget the blackjack and practice fields!
>>
>>43896776
>>43896734
>Nerds actually getting action instead of reading books
Please be real anons.
>>
File: latest[1].png (218 KB, 242x448) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
218 KB, 242x448
>>43896457
>>43896465
>>43896473
>>43896494
>>43896563
>>43896576
>>43896633

You nod to Anya. "Yes of course!" She seems quite happy.

"I am glad to hear. I thought you would not have time for it with your Quidditch practices. It's really cool! We will meet in two weeks to decide on our first book of this year." She tells you.

Next morning you take your herbology class early in the morning. There is a light morning dew on the grounds. Professor Sprout have a set of ear pluggers on her table. "Today we will examine some Mandrakes!" she announces. The plant's roots look like a human baby. She says when they are mature they look like older people and their voice is fatal to anyone who hears it. These are really young but still they are dangerous so everyone has to put on some earplugs.

You are supposed to take one of them from the ground and plant it into a big vase in front of you.

Roll 1d10
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>43896981
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>43896981
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>43896981
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>43896981
>>
>>43897014
Six is usually above average right?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>43896981
>>
File: 1444511991586.jpg (682 KB, 2071x800) Image search: [Google]
1444511991586.jpg
682 KB, 2071x800
>>43897033
Yeah I think we'll be fine
>>
>>43897033
It's on a 10 sides die, you do the math.
>>
>>43897072
I've still not worked out why Ravenclaw's animal is an Eagle rather than you know a Raven,
>>
>>43897138
It's honoring mureka.
>>
>>43897138
Well ravenclaw was just the founders surname so she didn't have to have a raven as a symbol.
>>
>>43897072
>>43897138

Also why is it a bald eagle in the picture which is native to the America's
>>
File: IeULfye.jpg (26 KB, 407x720) Image search: [Google]
IeULfye.jpg
26 KB, 407x720
>>43897215
because the artist done goofed
>>
>>43897215
See >>43897191
>>
>>43897014
You grab the plant and it instantly starts shrieking. You took some time to plant it into the vase. Almost drop your ear plugs at some point. But finally in the end you manage to do it. Others are also struggling but most of the class seems to do fine more or less.

Valdis comes to you during the class and tells you that the first club meeting will be this thursday after dinner. You learn also that Glenn has joined the club too. He tells you that the first thing they will study is the moons of the solar system. He asks you if you know them all.

>Well I know some...like moon.
>I know some of them.
>I know more than half of them (lie)
>Yeah of course man I know them (lie)
>Other
>>
File: IMG_2812.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2812.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>43897309
>I know some of them
>>
>>43897309
T-there's moon... T-then moon 2...
>>
>>43897309
>I know some of them.
>>
>>43897309
>I know some of them.

>>43897199
Yeah, but if you were going to give human characteristics to an eagle. I doubt you'd say Ravenclaw's three defining characteristics of wit, learning, and wisdom.

Things which would more likely be associated with ravens.
>>
>>43897309
>>I know some of them.
>>
>>43897309
Well, I only know some of them. It is hard to remember all the ones not gravitationally rounded. I mean there almost two hundred of them.
>>
>>43897309
>>I know some of them.
Charon, Styx, Ganymede, Europa, Io, Titan, Hyperion, Janus, Triton and Nereid... that's all I know off the top of my head.
>>
>>43897425
Yeah I dont know Ravenclaw was some crazy scottish lady that couldn't control her daughter.
>>
>>43897456
To be fair this is the 80s. So alot of them haven't been discovered yet.
>>
>>43897309
>>I know some of them.
>>
>>43897384
>>43897408
>>43897425
>>43897440
"I know some of them" you say. Valdis nods. "It's all right. You will learn some more this week. It is imperative to know almost all of them. Sometimes I confuse or forget one or two too or but yeah it's important stuff." You ask how many moons are there in the solar system. He answers: "Well it kind of depends but we will focus on the first hundred at first. They are the most important ones. And some 75 if you want to really narrow it down..."

You start to think maybe it wasn't such a good idea to join this club after all.

During the lunch you eat with Alice, Glenn and Juliette. Glenn and Juliette are arguing about something. It seems something unimportant about a music band. While Alice looks around after taking a few bites, searching for someone. You take some mushroom sauced chicken breasts and rice with mashed potatoes to your plate and a nice apricot compote to drink.

>Chat with Alice
>Chat with Glenn and Juliette
>Read the Daily Prophet while eating
>Read a textbook while eating
>Other
>>
>>43897649
>>Read a textbook while eating
Get some learnin in ye.
>>
>>43897649
>>Read the Daily Prophet while eating
>>
>>43897649

Let's find out that one of the people that tried to kill us is secretly one of our teachers.
>>
>>43897699
This is like crime novels except instead of the butler doing the killing it's the DADA professor.
>>
>>43897649
>>
>>43897649
>You start to think maybe it wasn't such a good idea to join this club after all.
Fear not the learning!

>>
>>43897649
Can we read the Quibbler instead?
>>
>>43897886
You don't know about it
>>
>>43897937
really? I thought purebloods would know it.
>>
>>43897649
>>43897886
>Wanting to read a shitty 'newpaper', that's made by an autist
>>
>>43897985
So it's perfect for you anon!
>>
>>43897649
Astronomy, learn some more moon names
>>
>>43897985
I normally would've voted for the textbook, but maybe the newspaper will have some plot relevence.
>>
>>43897674
>>43897699
>>43897825
You start to read the latest issue of the Daily Prophet. There are some news about the stadium attack.

>5 attackers, 2 dead, 2 sent to Azkaban, 1 missing
>Missing attacker, identified as the Death Eater Gabriel Poskor 31, at large.

There is a wanted poster of the Death Eater. You are not sure if this was the one you attacked or not.

>Syrian Head of Magical Sports says rejects to repeat the game saying "Britain still not safe!"

>Ministry announced that their fight against the Death Eaters will never stop until they are all brought to the justice.

>Young writer Gilderoy Lockheart publishes new book...

>New tax reform for the exported magical plants...

>Best holiday destinations for fall...

After you finish eating your lunch you stop reading the newspaper. You have some free time to do as you want.

>Chat with someone
>Write a letter to someone
>Study something
>Read something
>Practice something
>Just chill and take a nap
>Wander around the castle
>Other
>>
>>43897985
>>43898025
>>43898045
That's my slow writing. When I started newspaper had the most votes sorry.
>>
>>43898123
>Chat with Alba
>>
>>43898123
>>43898231
Supporting
>>
>>43898123
>Practice potions

We can't just hope to get lucky all the time.
>>
>wander around the castle
>>
>>43898123
>>Read something
There are books yet to be read. Read a book. Preferably a textbook.
>>
who do you like most from the secondary characters btw?
>>
>>43898123
>Chat with someone

Alba
>>
>>43898123
>>Practice something
potions
>>43898393
Probably our parents, more specifically our mother.
>>
>>43898393

Anya and Valdis
>>
>>43898123
>Practice potions
>>
>>43898123
>Practice something
Potions
>>
>>43898393
Cordelia is the best.
Our Mum is great.
Anya is pretty cool.
Alba not bad.
Valdis a shit. Shiiiiiit.
>>
>>43898393
Anya, pretty indifferent otherwise.
>>
We ever figure out what that ring we found did?
>>
>>43898123
>>Chat with someone
Alba
>>
>>43898231
>>43898296
>>43898430
After lunch you look around and see Alba at the Gryffindor table. You head towards there and sit next to her. You start talking about Quidditch and also about the attack at the stadium. "That is really horrible!" she says with her usual Spanish lisp "I am glad that you are okay. And how was the match going? I was expecting a Wales win" you keep talking with Alba about Quidditch and also some stuff about Hogwarts. She tells you that Professor Snape doesn't like Gryffindors and she doesn't like to be in his class. You can tell she didn't like that you are becoming a favorite student of the class for Snape. Then she tells you that she wants to get the Cup this year no matter what and she would like to come to watch the Ravenclaw try outs. She says their team will continue as it is with no changes.

She asks you if you will attend to the Dueling Club. "I don't know when it is but it should be sometime soon I think" she says. "The new DADA professor should be organizing it I think."

>Yes I will attend
>No I have too much stuff to do
>I don't know
>Other
>>
>>43898739
>I don't know
>>
>43898739
>Yes I will attend

I kinda wanna see what the other clubs are about though too.
>>
>>43898696
It's probably an old family heirloom of Andromeda as far as you know.
>>
>>43898393
I like the parents and their relationship. I also like the A-girl in ravenclaw, but I can't ever remember which one is which.

>>43898739
>Yes I will attend
I'll figure out a way somehow!
>>
>>43898739
>>Yes I will attend
>>
>>43898739
>Other

I'll come check it out, I have a lot on my plate but if it wow's me I'll figure out time for it
>>
>>43898739
>>I don't know
Not ruling it out, but there's a lot to do.
>>
>>43898739
Yes
no sleep for us
>>
>>43898739
>Yes I will attend
Sleeping is for the weak!

>>43898393

Cordelia. Then Alba.
>>
>>43898393
Cordelia
>>
>>43898850
>>43898818
>>43898798
>>43898886
>>43898970

"Yeah I will attend!"

Alba laughs with a light in her green eyes. "That is good to hear John! I wish to have a duel with you." she says almost too excited. "It will be a nice opportunity to test our skills." She says while trying to tie her curly hair on top. "But I don't know if we can choose our partners or if the professor assigns us randomly."

She does seem eager to duel that's for sure. She is quite good at it too. She might beat you, you think to yourself.

"Do you want to come and watch our practice this week?" she asks.

>Yeah why not
>Sorry I need to take care lot of things this week
>Maybe I don't know
>Change back subject to duelling
>Other
>>
>>43899112
>>Maybe I don't know
>>
>>43899112
>Maybe I don't know
Considering the fact we're British, this is a no
>>
>>43899112
>>Yeah why not
We need to study the enemy tactics if we want to win that damn cup.
>>
>>43899112
>Sorry I have other things to take care of

>>43899258
Gryffindor was shit last year I dont think we need to worry.
>>
>>43899112
>Depends, if it doesnt mess up any other club meetings sure I will.
>>
>>43899359
>>43899215
>>43899195

You say "Yeah maybe I don't know now but I need to check if I have anything to do at that time."

The day passes without any major events and you are back at the Ravenclaw tower.

>I need to cut here guys. THANK you for joining us today. It was fun! Don't forget to vote in the archive and follow in twitter for announcements.

@JVApiseQuest
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=gringott
>>
>>43899533
Thanks again Gringott
>>
Next thread: Quidditch tryouts, first DADA class, first Astronomy club and more. I think I'll be able to run a few hours more also next time.
>>
>>43899533
thanks for the run
>>
>>43899582
>>43899638
You're welcome

Also feel free to criticize or comment
>>
>>43899672
I'd appreciate more lead time on the twitter announcements, if possible. Like a day or more ahead would be great. You know, if your schedule allows.
>>
>>43899911
I'll try
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.