[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, If a legion of pre heresy thousand sons suddenly showed up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: TS_Legionary_Mark_II.jpg (32 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
TS_Legionary_Mark_II.jpg
32 KB, 300x437
So, If a legion of pre heresy thousand sons suddenly showed up and was willing to fight for the imperium. What would the imperium do?\

Don't bother mentioning blood ravens as its never been confirmed but hinted at and a hint is not a confirmation. Hell even alpha legion thinks they own blood ravens.
>>
>>43888081

They get lost in the bureacracy. I assume that they'd eventually be accepted after being vetted, but it could take centuries.

I mean, imagine if Al-Qadea suddenly showed up and went: "We love America! Let us fight for you, Jor Bush!" You'd be startled, suspicious and more than slightly confused.
>>
>>43888096
>Al-Qadea
Considering the amount of warcrimes they've commited when compared to a bunch of people that have just appeared from the great crusades.

The real would would put them on trail, however the imperium needs their ships. tanks, soilders and weapons.
>>
Hey look it's this thread again!

Friendly reminder that in a canon novel written by Graham McNeil, a Ships Captain from the DAoT who was lost in the warp for a millenia returned to the Imperium and attempted to make contact with the locals, possibly share his INCREDIBLE UNIVERSE SHATTERING IRREPLACEABLE TECHNOLOGY with them

He was lynched and killed by a mob.
>>
>>43888114
>DAoT
???
>>
>>43888130
Dark age of technology. Kind of space middle age but everything was instead incredibly better and technology was more advanced than it is in the Imperium, by far. And that is why "archaotech" is better than new stuff.
>>
File: 1432758785408.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1432758785408.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>43888130
>>
>>43888130
Dark Age of Technology
>>
>>43888130
>>43888162
>>43888165
>>43888166
You know somehow, I didn't piece that toghter. I was expecting a chapter or legion.
>>
>>43888181
It's ok anon I knew it was lazy shorthand when I typed it but I was multitasking
>>
>>43888114
>He was lynched and killed by a mob.
Amazing, even in the future the actions of the THICKEST common denominator decide everything.
>>
>>43888081

Thank goodness: the Blood Ravens could use reinforcements.
>>
>>43888081
I'd see them being recruited by the Inquisition as a Psykana-aligned Chapter. Working on the Black Ships and doing pre-checks on psykers if they are good to be actual psykers or go to the Psyker Choir to power up the Golden Throne.
>>
>>43888114
So grimdark
>>
>>43888112
It's how Saudi-Arabia gets away with it.
>>
>>43888081

You would get exactly what you get w/r/t the Blood Ravens being TS-descendents: hints and no confirmation.
>>
>>43888713
So how do they and Grey Knights get along in this hypothetical?
>>
Are we talking full legion strength here? If yes, what is the Imperium gonna do about it? Cry?
>>
>>43889153
They'd act as support for the greys and add unique weapons and secrets from Prospero (that is if they do have weapons from Prospero like the Luminiferous Resonator).

The GK reverse-engineer the weapons and gain new stuff for daemon combat, while the 1K Sons teach their Librarians certain tricks in the psychic department. With some luck, the GK give them some secrets on how to become truly powerful via murderous training from hell.

The GK would be still distrustful of them (because who isn't in the Imperium?), but not as much as certain zealots.

>>43889171
The Space Wolves would go REMOVE 1K SONS.

Also since the Lion's portion of them were on Prospero when the yiffs went REMOVE, then I'd rather say it's Chapter sized.
>>
>>43888713
>>43889153

I'm thinking something like a detachment of Thousand Sons left Prospero decades prior to the Space Wolves' arrival - so a small Crusade fleet, only a 1,000 marines, that got seperated from the main host. They got lost in the Warp somehow*, only just now emerging in the present, effectively time-traveling and still 100% loyal to the Imperium. Figure something like 1000 marines, full complement of speeders and jetbikes, Land Raiders, figure the fleet is a couple battle barges and maybe a few support vessels. Basically a fully function fleet-based Legion with a lot of Librarian slots.

>*They're Thousand Sons Anon, how'd they ever get lost in the Warp?
I dunno, Emperor did it or some something, get creative with me.

Anyway They get recruited etc. Is that how it plays out? They are horrified by Magnus' actions/or want to vindicate him? How's that go?
>>
>>43889253
Fair enough.

They'd be actually a perfectly fine Chapter with a shitload (for a Chapter) amount of Relic stuff and large number of psykers.

Of course they'd have to stay away from the yiffs so that they wouldn't be stomped.
>>
>>43889223
>Also since the Lion's portion of them were on Prospero when the yiffs went REMOVE, then I'd rather say it's Chapter sized.
But OP said pre-heresy, so it should be around 200k Marines plus ships, equipment and all that jazz
>>
>>43889445
But after the Legion reunited with Magnus, they were 10K.
>>
>>43889469
iirc normal legion size pre-heresy was around 150-200k marines with only IW and Ultras having noticeably more
>>
>>43888081
I love Thousand Sons, but if "loyal" remains of them show up in 41 millenium, it is more than likley that they will be killed by Imprium.
>>
>>43889495
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Legiones_Astartes

XV Thousand Sons Traitor

10,000 Astartes during the latter days of the Great Crusade; 1,242 Traitor Astartes survived the massacre of the Thousand Sons by the Space Wolves during the Burning of Prospero to escape to the Planet of the Sorcerers in the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>43888081
If they were accepted, the inquisition will change their identity, and will be kept on a tight leash, kinda like the Minotaur's. As being descendant of a traitor legion is enough reason for hostilities with the more zealous marine chapters.
>>
>>43889630
Now I remembered that one thing in the 6th ED Marines Codex where a group of Flesh Tearers found a Luna Wolf Legionnaire in stasis on a Space Hulk.

They wake him up. He asks about stuff. Flesh Tearers tell him about the Horus Heresy. Dude asks them for a power sword and he goes away grumbling a string of curses and threats under the Black Legion's address.
>>
>hurr what if good traitor legionnaires

what a very original topic that hasnt been discussed to death
>>
>>43889657
Whatever happened to said Luna Wolf. Also i love the Luna Wolves color scheme along ore-heresy World Eaters.
>>
>>43889694
NOBODY KNOWS.

He simply skedaddled away into the dark of the Space Hulk angrier than a Bloodthirster and...that's all.
>>
>>43889678
Then shut your cunt of a mouth and leave if already know so much.
>>
>>43889717
Probably a deception roll to join up with his brothers.
>>
>>43889733
go make another "magnus did nothing wrong" topic while youre at it
>>
>>43889745
Nah. After what the Flesh Tearers told him he was pissed.

So pissed that a World Eater would look like a Ethereal on a peaceful day in comparison.
>>
>>43889789
Emprah bless him.

>>43889761
Already did, faggot.
>>
>>43889761
The only things Magnus did wrong were that he studied sorcery, blew up Emps' psychic barrier (thus scratching for good the Human Webway Project) in order to warn him of Horus doing his rebellion and making a pact with Tzeentch (in his defence he didn't know what Tzeentch was in reality) for moar knowledge.
>>
>>43888081
It's about as confirmed as anything
>>
>>43888114
Care to explain this a bit further? It sounds retarded.
>>
>>43888081
thousand sons are blood ravens, this was confirmed by thq after it went bankrupt.

And demsky bawden said as well that relic and thq wanted them to be thousand sons descendants.

That's a pretty official confirmation alright.
>>
>>43890012
>Blood Raven managed to get back to full strength
>Magnus Returns
>Rise my thousand sons.
>>
Fuck's sake we have this threadway too often.

40k Imperium=Highly paranoid and rightly do
Anything ever so closely related to the HH= Highly suspicious at best, completely in need of an imediate Exterminatus at worst.
>>
>>43889972
IIRC, aDAoT ship got stuck in a warp rift and came out during the Age of the Imperium, the ship was an AI so the guy got lynched for blasphemy and the Imperium tried, unsuccessfully, to destroy the ship which proceeded to get stuck in another warp storm and get smashed into a space hulk.

Also it was a Guy Haley novel, Death of Integrity, unless the Imperium has been visited by two DAoT ships.
>>
>>43890182
There are other threads you now. And /tg/ is slow enough as it is.
>>
>>43889606
It's wrong. The hardcover copy of Thousand Sons has them at 100,000.
>>
>>43890226
>Death of Integrity
A fitting name.
>>
File: SWAGMASTER.png (470 KB, 468x810) Image search: [Google]
SWAGMASTER.png
470 KB, 468x810
>>43890155
I think he'd be pretty happy that he has a legion that isn't made of dust.
>>
>>43890311
Fuck you. The book was awesome and one of the best Space Marine Battle books. McNeil's written nothing but shit lately, whereas Guy Haley's stuff has been consistently awesome (Unless you're an old school Black Templar fan)
>>
>>43888114
Do you remember the name?
>>
>>43891164
It's literally right here >>43890226
Death of Intergrity, by Guy Haley
>>
>>43888096
>pre heresy thousand sons
>Al-Qadea
it would be more similar to some Cold War era Mujahideen
>>
>>43888081
It would depend a lot on who they made first contact with in the Imperium.

Probably all Space Marines and much of the Inquisition would attack on sight, but the Mechanicus would probably be more interested in their weaponry than anything else, and in the most pressed warzones they'd certainly be called to help.
>>
>>43888096
They are called "moderate rebels" and they get training, supplies and weapons from the west to fight in syria.
>>
>>43888114
What novel is that? Sounds like a good read.
>>
>>43888081
The Space Wolves would fuck them up again.
>>
>>43891647
read the thread
>>
>>43889469
>>43889495
>>43889507
>>43889606
>>43890266
Does anyone know the strength of the Space Wolves during the Crusade? I know they were a smaller legion, maybe the smallest.
>>
>>43888114
That was Guy Haley.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.