[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: SoMPosterArt.png (2 MB, 704x1000) Image search: [Google]
SoMPosterArt.png
2 MB, 704x1000
>>
>>43887854
Yep. That's a tree. Good job OP.
>>
>>43888033
Now, it could just be a rather large fern.
>>
>>43887854
I fucking hate trees of life. Why never rock of life?
>>
>>43888128
No, no, it has branches. Definitely a tree. Now, what kind of a tree?
>>
I don't about this guys, it could be a very close up picture of a branch.
>>
>>43888136
Because rocks aren't fucking alive, although you certainly seem to be making a strong case for them.

What *I* want to know is why there's never anything like a Flea of Life.
>>
>>43888033
Not just any tree. That there is the tree of mana. It's the finest gosh darn tree that ever there was. Also it's the only thing tying this world to the world of mana, so don't screw with it or you'll put all us mages out of a job! You hear me? Keep your floating fortress and its giant laser of doom away from the tree, sonny! We can't just up an replace it! They don't grow on trees you know!

Well, I mean there are seeds, but they don't really make another tree. You need like, fairies or children of mana or some such. That means that tree was once a person. Well, sorta. Person-shaped? That tree could very well be somebody's momma, is what I mean. So don't you go wreckin' it up, or you might make some little tyke very sad. Also doom the world or some such. Leastwise the magic parts.

At the very least you'll put us mages out of a job, and I won't be happy about that, no sir! Mages are trouble, to be sure; it's what we specialize in. Even without mosta their power they're trouble. Without magic they'll turn to the one power an intelligent fellow in civilized society has left; legal power! Mess with that tree and you'll be hearing from our lawyers!

Hold on, I've gotta make a call.

"Jim? We still under that gnomish firm? I'm thinkin maybe we might wanna change that up, hire a good human lawyer in case things go south. What? No, everything's fine, it's just a precaution. No, the tree's fine! No, I can't do it myself! Dammit Jim, I'm a wizard, not a lawyer! I'm not even a legomancer. Look, I hear there's some new talent in the Empire district, just go look em up."
>>
>>43888161
Rocks alive. That how is rock of life. Stupid. Shut up.
>>
>>43888178
My driveway is lined with gravel you know.
>>
>>43888212
Probably not gravel of life, but why take chances? Use woodchips instead.
>>
>>43888225
Fuck all this rock acceptance bullshit.

Rocks aren't alive and they NEVER WILL BE. Plants don't even fucking have central nervous systems. Fungus are weird and keep sticking guns on everything. But fleas? Flees live on everything else properly alive, sucking their blood and taking some of their alive-ness. Fleas have a bit of every creature inside them. Fuck Tree of Life; we want Flea of Life!
>>
Fuck this, I'm squishin' the lot of ya with mah Rock Of Ages!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGC-l8Rns9w
>>
>>43888281
That rock was carved by humans.

End the Rock Oppressors now; bring back Human of Life! We want human achievements recognised by this unjustly rock-biased state!
>>
>>43888144
I think it's supposed to be an Acacia.
>>
>>43888252
Flea of life weak like water or leaf. Rock hard. Why you think we make knife of rock?
>>
>>43888302
GAS THE TREES! ROCK WAR NOW!
>>
>>43888252
You tell 'em, anon. That reminds me of the time I went to a pro-rock movement and tried to sell them unbaked cupcakes. They got mad when I told them, "What's the big deal? Rocks are living things too."
>>
>>43888252
Your vampire god disgusts me. Leech of Life or bust!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-PnOsA7J6I
>>
File: 1434232063948.jpg (58 KB, 387x536) Image search: [Google]
1434232063948.jpg
58 KB, 387x536
>>43888161
>Because rocks aren't fucking alive
Rock will never die!
>>
>>43887854
Hey guys, I have a great idea! Let's use that tree to power my giant flying laser fortress! It's totally environmental friendly, green power and all right?
>>
I used to love staring at the ads for this game in Nintendo Power.

NP was my first introduction to anime-style artwork as a kid in the rural Great Plains with no Internet and only one TV channel. I used to spend hours poring over every graphic that was used to illustrate every level walkthrough. I couldn't get enough of this fantastic art style. We were too poor to afford more than one new video game a year, but my mom managed to secure a grocery sack full of old issues (starting with #1) from an older kid. After that, they got me a subscription, which I guess was to encourage me to read more. In college, I had a SNES emulator and really enjoyed ChronoTrigger, but I forgot all about Secret of Mana until seeing OP's picture a few months back.

I couldn't make it past the first stage without getting bored. All that childhood buildup for nothing.
>>
>>43889402
Get out of here, Nox.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.