[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pfg/ - Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: CLEAVE AND SMITE.jpg (282 KB, 1066x918) Image search: [Google]
CLEAVE AND SMITE.jpg
282 KB, 1066x918
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Old thread
>>43873633

Smite ALL the evil edition
>>
Here, I'm putting the races I made by suggestion yesterday in a linkbin.

Give me more race ideas to find ways to balance into 1st level availability, it's fun. Concepts you'd like to have but are absent or represented badly.
>>
>>43887633
and I forgot the linkbin.
http://pastebin.com/1zKCyueU
>>
>>43887633
I've been kinda half feeling like racebrewing lately but then i have a setting i want to make and when i start thinking about taht i'm like maybe i can make a fantasy d20 system thats not awful

and then i usually drink myself into a stupor
>>
I'm looking into the theme of "attractive evil outsiders" to see what's available for a semi-stereotypical evil conjuror wizard to have as either a harem or as an honour guard of sorts. Bonus points if they can double as both, so magically disguising themselves would definitely be a needed power.

Does /pfg/ have any particular out of the box suggestions (i.e. not succubus/erinyes), preferably without too many hit dice?

If really necessary I could just create actual PC-leveled martials of some sort, but I'd like to stick to the conjuror theme, so summoned outsiders is the go-to.
>>
>attractive evil outsiders
>not succubi
?
>>
>>43887783
Well there's one of those Div bitches that give you STDs
>>
>>43887785
Because they're the classic, what everybody uses. I'm searching around for alternatives, basically. Plus the succubus is very much a seduction-type, not exactly suited for honour guard/bodyguard.
>>
>>43887783
There's Gylou, if 15 HD isn't "too many"
>>
>>43887783
Try Erinyes if it's relatively low level.. Devils like them are more up for bodyguard contracts than basically any other kind of fiend, and I believe they're actually meant to be a warrior type.
>>
>Approach old tower
>Everyone gets knocked out and experiences cool dream visions involving Elminster
>I'm an elf and immune to sleep magic
>Get to spend 8 hours copying spells into my spellbook instead of getting awesome visions
T-thanks immunity to sleep magic.
>>
>43880686

Checked the RAI, and the answer to this is that the ability itself does not care about the guns handedness; you'd use the handedness of your gun, using the same damage regardless (although a rifle would let your use 1.5 Str). Generally this would not be finesseable.

As to why the discrepancy, it's probably because this was written way before the others.
>>
>>43888085
Oops. Meant to link to >>43880686 but my phone betrayed me.
>>
>>43887633
>>43887638
Can we revise that Leaper Arachtus to just have +2 Con -2 Cha? It seems a little too cookie-cutter perfect for melee with that and the TWF Power Attack stuff.
>>
>>43887783
Cabal Devils so long as you have ghost cock, there's that image of a female kyton going around, Erinyeses, er I know there's erodaemons and succibi but those are obvious, maybe I just want to marry a devil of some sort... Cabal devils seem pretty waifuable, if a but tsundere.
>>
Alright so I kind of have this setting idea i'll throw it out there

World was sundered long ago, most of surviving civilization survives on huge landmasses raised into the skies by unspeakable magic

Figure lower land is inhabited by some people still, but is mostly filled with enormous and incredibly dangerous monsters.

Kind of wanted to give each floating landmass its own civilization, figure at least one should be clans of skinwalkers, have another that should be mortals ruled over by vampire counts ect.

probably 5-6 total, the whole setting idea is basically to give parties an excuse to fight weird and colossal magical beasts rather than normal demons and shit
>>
Hey /pfg/ how was Thanksgiving for you? I taught my parents to play Pathfinder, that was an experience.

>Made a Knight Disciple Paladin for my brother. Doesn't use any maneuvers, doesn't shield anyone.
>Mom plays a soulthief vitalist, spams soulthief's touch all night long. Nobody took any real damage though, so no significant healing done.
>Dad played an Ambush Hunter Ranger. I asked him if he wanted to teleport. "Yes!" Doesn't teleport once.
>>
>>43888200
You have a lot of patience, Elric. I gave up on trying to teach my family how to play games years ago.
>>
>>43888216
Call me a masochist, but I /like/ teaching people how to play the game. At least if they learn it from me I can shield them from the worst aspects of the game.

They had fun and want to play again at Christmas so I must have done something right.
>>
>>43887783
Takes more work, but technically a tiefling is an outsider. Just go to another plane and summon one.
>>
>>43888235
True enough. Well, I hope they realize what they're doing a bit better; the game is at its most fun when you can throw down and use everything.
>>
>>43888158
You should read the comic meridian. Its effectively that.
>>
>>43888235
Are the worst aspects of the game vanican casters?
>>
>>43888264
if i was gonna work on my own d20 system i'd get rid of vancian casting its awful
>>
>>43888264
I think the worst aspect isn't casters, but spells, and the fact that there's a spell for every situation.
>>
>>43888264
I explained vancian and psionic style casting to my mother. When I got done explaining vancian style casting she said "Ew, that sounds awful. I don't like that."

She liked psionic's Power Points system a lot better. Not that I blame her.

I won't say vancian casting is bad, but I don't think it meshes well with common depictions of wizards or "generic magic users" very well. Spontaneous casting is a little better, but not a lot.
>>
>>43888255
looked it up, it seems like it has the sky islands aspect which i just think is fun, i dunno, i might actually try to flesh it out tonight
>>
>>43888285
I disagree totally. I think there should be spells for every situation, down to having one for cursing people of a specific family that can only be used during an eclipse or one that repels a specific breed of owlbears.

Casters ARE the problem, their monopoly on magic is the problem. Casters should be people that can do certain kinds of magic, but anyone with the sufficient information should be able to set up a circle that summons a demon or repels ghosts or figure out how to make water taste like wine etc using sprinkles of powdered newt and a longass piece of poetry. Spells should be based on knowledge and resources, not a class feature.
>>
>>43888416
I'd agree with you, were we not talking about an expressly classed based game where your class designated your skill set.
In this game, the spells are the problem since they can bypass the limitations or mimic other class features and focuses with NO drawback.
>>
>>43888285
>>43888416
Also like 85% of spells are totally fine. The problem spells are things like color spray and other "always take" spells. Nobody really thinks level 9 spells are overpowered, they think time stop, astral projection and wish are overpowered. Half the spells are just area versions of spells and/or spells that work on new creature types plus stuff like Meteor Swarm, Teleportation Circle, Fiery Body, Shapechange etc. These things aren't broken, its just like a handful of spells!
>>
>>43888461
Yes but my solution is to make spells into something independent of class. To make spells something akin to a bedroll or a hireling. A "thing" you own, rather than a class feature.

The magic classes do should be closer to a kineticist's wild shape, a soulknives mind blade, a druids wild shape, a barbarians rage etc. Though obviously for the kineticist make it not shit.
>>
>>43888482
Thats stupid

you're stupid
>>
The newest Hell's Rebels has entries for every previous AP, right? Is this like, new artwork and descriptions, or did they literally just grab existing characters and update their statblocks?

What characters did they update for Reign of Winter?
>>
>>43888513
Come on, with scrolls, wands and UMD it could practically already be the case.

Besides, this is what would be good game design and would fit with traditional definitions of magic, not what would work for pathfinder. Researching spells and performing elaborate rituals involving rare components sounds like actual fantasy magic, it would annoy the D&D crowd.
>>
>>43888550
It'd annoy anyone if you made it fiddly enough. One idea I like is to treat vancian spellcasting as scroll-crafting cost-wise. Takes a day or two of ritual and some cost of materials, and probably skill checks, then you get (or "prepare" and store) your powerful spell.

Give everyone access to it, and then have people play stuff like initiators, spheres, and the like. The strong vancian spells become ritual magic, and the less powerful, at-will magic becomes the norm.
>>
File: PF Apocrisiarius.jpg (114 KB, 618x794) Image search: [Google]
PF Apocrisiarius.jpg
114 KB, 618x794
>>43888135
>there's that image of a female kyton going around

Which one?
>>
>>43888771
How can i best make my character similar to a Kyton? Are there any edgy whip or spiked chain builds that are actually good?
What about commanding chains and stuff? 3pp allowed
>>
File: PF Chain freak.jpg (69 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
PF Chain freak.jpg
69 KB, 700x1000
>>43888822
Piercings, magical and non. If you use magic, make sure you tell people in a way that makes it sound like a veiled threat. No matter what weapon you do decide on, make sure you carry a knife with you, something small like a switchblade, and bring it out during conversations with people.
>>
I am trying to piece together a few "optimized for both combat and noncombat," first-party only, non-archetyped hunters at levels 5-12 in order to test out the class's tier 3-ness. I am experimenting with both Strength/Power Attack/Outflank builds and Dexterity/Deadly Aim/Precise Shot builds.

What are the most ideal druid and discounted-ranger spells for such hunters? Lead Blades for the melee build and Gravity Bow for the ranged build seem like obvious choices, but nothing else is particularly standing out save for perhaps the good-in-the-wilderness Entangle.

Is the Constitution-raising animal focus actually useful, given the way temporary bonuses to Constitution works, or should a hunter avoid that particular focus?

Also, is there any way to get in touch with the small group behind the tier list and ask for their opinions? From what I understand from the tier list pastebin poster ( http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43594953/#43597393 ) , /pfg/'s tier list is *not* decided by community consensus, but rather by a handful of friends, so I would like to ask for their opinions on various tier placements. In particular, I am curious as to why the psychic and sorcerer (psychic bloodline) are tier 1 as opposed to high tier 2 (and even then, it is questionable for the psychic sorcerer), the magus (hexcrafter) and inquisitor (monster tactician) are tier 2 and not just high tier 3, and the bloodrager (urban barbarian) is tier 3 and not merely high tier 4.

It seems to me that the tier list pastebin should have an entry for "awesome subclasses" for archetypes and class components that add plenty of power and/or flexibility, but not enough to nudge the class up a tier.
>>
>>43888822
there's a Kyton-spawn tiefling heritage, to start with. Take a martial type and pick up E. Weapon proficiency with the spiked chain. Because the Kyton-spawn has +2 Constitution and +2 charisma, I'd personally recommend a Warlord - maybe take Unorthodox Method to swap out something for Black Seraph or Cursed Razor.
>>
>>43888838
that's a cool monster, where's it from?
>>
>>43887633
>>43887638
If you're still around, how about a counterpart to the illithid, a creature that is essentially a _____-colored man with some other invertebrate sea creature for a head instead of an octopus?
>>
>>43888838
Thanks anon but i think i can handle the roleplaying. I was going more for ruthlessly pragmatic sadomasochist seeking enlightenment and personal progress than i was for what you suggested though.
>>43888859
Yeah grabbing spiked chain proficiency and the shackleborn are pretty obvious. I hadn't considered using Cursed Razor, that actually seems really helpful, thanks!
>>43888857
Wouldn't hunters have ruthless trip builds? Tripping people to get AoOs from both hunter and pet?
>>
>>43888874
>some other invertebrate sea creature for a head instead of an octopus?
Like a squid?
>>
File: PF Shackleborn.jpg (12 KB, 285x395) Image search: [Google]
PF Shackleborn.jpg
12 KB, 285x395
>>43888872
It's from Blood of Fiends, so I assume it's actually a Shackleborn Tiefling.
>>
File: 1168317245622.jpg (10 KB, 184x197) Image search: [Google]
1168317245622.jpg
10 KB, 184x197
>>43888898
Or a sponge!
>>
>>43888897

That is a good point. How would Dirty Fighting interact with Outflank though? Would they simply not stack?

Is there anything more to a bow hunter than simply using the same old tricks as any other bow-user, from Manyshot to Clustered Shots?
>>
>>43888897
Hmm. If you go for a hunter but still want to go for Cursed Razor, I actually put together an initiating archetype for the class not too long ago.

I'm honestly not sure how good it is because I haven't had the opportunity to test it, but it's there if you want it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>43888898
Why not a starfish?
Sea Cucumber might be a bit silly.
Does coral count as an invertebrate?
>>
>>43888158
Reminds me in a way of my own floating continent campaign setting. The cataclysm was a giant sustained portal to the Far Realm infinitely spewing out horrors, overrunning civilization. The floating continent was the SALVATION in this one, the divine intervention. It's revealed after a long time adventuring in a perfectly normal world that everyone now lives on the back of the dead overgod of all dragons floating high in the sky and magically barriered from the world it floats above. This is why dragons are always fucking pissed, because it had to be THEIR god that died.

Unfortunately the cult of Rifters responsible for the end of the world survives on the continent as well, and work toward bringing that shit down so that the chaos may properly consume the world and finally move beyond it. If the BBEG succeeds at breaking all the hidden artifacts, well, it's *finally* a decent reason for a new area to arbitrarily be a lot more challenging than the one that level 5s get to be heroes in, because shit comes crashing down and they have to save civilization the old fashioned NON-deus-ex-machina way down there.
>>
>>43888985
Uh, i was just trying to help that guy figure out what builds he should use to test hunter with.

Thats separate from me wanting a kyton inspired zon-kuthon worshiping character.
>>
>>43889000
Oh, sorry. Anonymity screws with me sometimes.
>>
File: Asteroceras_BW.jpg (27 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Asteroceras_BW.jpg
27 KB, 800x600
>>43888874
>>43888898
No, I've got this, fucking ammonite.

As the rivals to mind flayers, they are naturally immune to having their brains sucked out through their skull.
>>
ZON FUCKING KUTHON
DOES NOT GET THE TORTURE SUBDOMAIN
WHATTTTT?
>>
>>43889044
Well, you see, the truth is Zon-Kuthon is not the fabled perverse deity everyone thinks of, he's just being chuuni
Most of the things about his story are made up
His sister gets along with it to please dear brother
The mortals (and most of the other gods) are yet to get it so far
>>
File: illithid rival.jpg (27 KB, 690x568) Image search: [Google]
illithid rival.jpg
27 KB, 690x568
>>43889033
IT'S GO TIME
>>
File: fuckingincredible.png (94 KB, 585x278) Image search: [Google]
fuckingincredible.png
94 KB, 585x278
>>43889111
>>
>>43889033
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON4355DruKc
>>
>>43889111
Cmon, at least connect the fleshy bit to the neck. The shell's like some weird hairdo.
>>
So last thread that Aroden stuff got spoiled from Hell's Rebels 4, does anyone have the Cheliax book or Agents of Evil that wouldn't mind posting the table of contents?
>>
>>43889178
The tentacles you mean? Sort of the idea but yeah it should've been rotated down to connect.
>>
>>43887600
>>you have to smite all the evil
why are you doing this?
>>
>>43888119
they should get a bonus to int or wis instead of str or con.
>>
Can anyone make sense of Pathfinder Unchained's monster creation system's type grafts, subtype grafts, and class grafts?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/simple-monster-creation

The three arrays and the monster options *try* to be internally balanced against one another, such that a monster of CR W with array X and options Y and Z is roughly as challenging to the party as another monster of CR A.

However, the grafts seem to discard this internal balance entirely. The grafts seem to believe that a monster with all the benefits of the humanoid type (i.e. nothing) is just as challenging as a monster with all the benefits of the construct or undead type. On top of that, without a class graft, some creature types gain more than others; constructs gain +2 attack in exchange for -2 to all saves (virtually irrelevant given their immunities) and dragons gain +2 attack and +2 to their low saves, while humanoids gain nothing but +2 to one save.

The subtype grafts are even worse offenders. Gaining darkvision (and light sensitivity, obviously) from being an orc is apparently just as powerful as being incorporeal or being a swarm. You can create a CR 1/2 Fine or Diminutive swarm with the construct or undead type using these rules!

The class grafts are even more arbitrary, since they hand out free benefits with neither rhyme nor reason at no discernible unified progression, so some monster's class grafts are much stronger than others. They also tend to hand out spell upgrades that do not actually do anything due to the way CR bands interact with spells.

For that matter, the higher in CR a monster goes using this subsystem, the less powerful they will be by the standards of "regular" monsters, because Unchained simple monsters gain special abilities at a far slower pace than the monsters in the various bestiaries.

Why did Paizo attempt to present a reasonably balanced monster-creation-by-CR subsystem, only to once again cause CR to be totally meaningless?
>>
File: 1432753435711.gif (6 KB, 221x265) Image search: [Google]
1432753435711.gif
6 KB, 221x265
>>43888932
this image makes me feel like what humans would seem to a world dominated by prey species. solemn ghost like individuals who implacably hunt and slay.
>>
>>43889321
Humans are in the real world aberrations, not humanoids.
We possess an alien physiology and mindset to the planet's inhabitants. What works on them does not necessarily work on us and our methods of doing things are totally different.
>>
File: Fetchling.jpg (62 KB, 900x640) Image search: [Google]
Fetchling.jpg
62 KB, 900x640
Build help, please, 3pp is ok.
Its an idea for a.. assassiny person that teleports around and summons his own weapons.
So of course after seeing Soulknife and Warsoul, i knew those were right choices, however... both lack sneak attack. In fact the archetype to grant sneak attack for soulknife means i cant take warsoul.

Are there any ways to get sneak attack? Other than class abilities and that one stance that gives you a +2d6? I remember some items in 3.5 that gave it but i did not find any PF ones, nor feats.
Is my only option a gestalt?
>>
>>43889457
Stalker with Sleeping Godess boosts to grab weapons made from soul and shit.
>>
>>43889457
Stalker with Sleeping Goddess? They can summon their own weapons too.
>>
>>43889457
Vigilante stalker with Sleeping Goddess as >>43889477 said, or a living legend soulknife with a Trickster focus and the Ghost Step bladeskill.
>>
>>43889457
Why do you need sneak attack?
>>
>>43889540
Feels fitting for a shadowy oriented assassin. Especially if I can treat all enemies around me as flat footed pretty much all the time. Though I myself am pondering this, what with the maneuvers and all.

>>43889484
>>43889477
>>43889504
I shall check those out, thanks, had no idea some other class could do the weapon thing as well.
>>
Can a Warder use his Dex modifier for the free Combat Reflexes feat he gets or does it HAVE to be Int?
>>
>>43889572
PsyWar also gets powers that let him summon weapons.
>>
>>43889572
The living legend can also get hide in plain sight. Otherwise, I'd look into a veiled moon+sleeping goddess (for the Call the Soul's Blade line of boosts) stalker, as noted.

Stalker is PoW. Vigilante stalker is an int archetype that gets sneak attack, from PoW Expanded's playtest. Sleeping Goddess is also from Expanded. The living legend is an archetype for the soulknife that hybridizes it with the medium (a teaser DSP showed us for Psionics Occult). It's linked in the pastebin in the OP.
>>
>>43889618
Please stop shilling Psychic Armory.
>>
>>43889646
Psychic Warrior is not a soulknife, anon.
>>
>>43888874
>>43889033
>>43889111
>>43889178
Yep I'm still up.

Nautilan race:
http://pastebin.com/vG3T508Z

Updated race list:
http://pastebin.com/k4qsPRCX
>>
>>43887863
Akash Div are pretty sexy.
>>
>>43887863

>he doesn't want his succubus decked out in complimenting body armor and weaponry

Arueshalae is a cutie with a killer figure and she's pretty much wearing honor-guard type gear.
>>
hot steamy qlippoth loving
>>
>>43890019
Wait no, that's bullshit, it has the googly eye on the back of its head. It doesn't get that?
>>
>>43890058
You don't get to be spooky aberrations if your eyes are a) googly, and b) facing a useless direction and looking silly. We'll assume they are not spinning around all the time to alternate between seeing and acting and just don't have eyes emerging like that.
>>
>>43889646
>reading comprehension
Hahah holy shit you fucking mongoloid
>>
If for some inscrutable reason an Aeon bred with a mortal, what would the resulting offspring be like?
what kind of powers would it have?
I ask because I'm considering making a half-aeon race, but I'm dry on good ideas.
>>
>>43890196
Not him but you can't tell anything from that pic, except that she's at least not so obese that a girdle couldn't fit her into that armor.
>>
>>43890162
Probably varies on the exact type of aeon, a la tiefling/aasimar heritages. Generically... +2 Wis/Con, -2 Cha, since they're in touch with the world but distant from people and all that. Aeons are immune to cold and poison, so give them cold resistance and the healthy racial trait for +4 against poisons and diseases. Aeons also get bonuses to Knowledge, so I guess a free Skill Focus (Knowledge) is in order, or a +2 to a couple of Knowledges of the player's choice. Detect thoughts or similar as a 1/day SLA reflects aeon telepathy pretty well.
>>
>>43888482
>kineticist's wild shape
That would certainly stop the Kineticist from being shit, yes.
>>
>>43890257
So, let's see the RP breakdown if anyone cares about that shit.
Standard ability modifiers 0 RP, native outsider 3 RP.

Energy resistance (cold) 1 RP. Healthy 2 RP.

Apparently there's an ability, shards of the past, that fits the Knowledge stuff. "Each member of this race picks two Knowledge skills. The member of this race gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the member of this race actually takes." 4 RP.

Spell-like Ability, Lesser (detect thoughts), 2 RP. That's a total of 12 RP.
>>
>>43890162
Genasi are pretty much exactly what you're looking for.
>>
File: anon is a fucking fag.png (46 KB, 584x175) Image search: [Google]
anon is a fucking fag.png
46 KB, 584x175
>>43890196
>trying to delete your post after replies
Nice try, faglord.
>>
>>43890325
>thinking aeons are elementals
0/10
>>
Is it a good idea to allow the Uncanny Forethought feat in a game?
>>
File: aoe.png (51 KB, 562x586) Image search: [Google]
aoe.png
51 KB, 562x586
>>43889204
>>
>>43888859
Actually, I'd go with Void Prophet Zealot for full nastiness with Cha-Initiating
>>
File: 1384624032127.png (463 KB, 1093x1001) Image search: [Google]
1384624032127.png
463 KB, 1093x1001
>>43889085
>Dou-Bral is just being a chuuni fuck with his alter ego of "Zon-Kuthon, the Prince of Darkness" with his removable tattoos of "Hat of Disguise" and "Helm of Opposite Alignment" that don't actually do anything
I like it. Paizo, take notes.
>>
File: cie.png (117 KB, 618x566) Image search: [Google]
cie.png
117 KB, 618x566
>>43890423
>>
What do you think from Spheres of Power?
>>
>>43890484
Just magic things mostly.
>>
>>43890423
>>43890454
Sweet bro, thanks.

A bestiary though? That might make the book worth looking into. It looks like most of AoE is caster shit though, sadly.
>>
>>43890423
Can you show us the Archetypes?
>>
>>43890442

It's really quite incredible how edgy Zon-Kuthon is.
>>
>Jubilex is considered a minor prince
this is an outrage
I even bet they put Zuggtmoy higher
>>
>>43888822
Kyton is a bloodrager bloodline, go nuts.
>>
File: 3.png (745 KB, 922x554) Image search: [Google]
3.png
745 KB, 922x554
>>43890341

To be fair, there's some artwork of her in Demon's Heresy that shows her with some very generous features.
>>
>>Wizard
>>Don't really know what's going on
>>Choose necro and trans as forbidden schools
>>Regret it by the time I hit level 5
>>
Is there a reason we can only get cyber-demons if the Worldwound engulfs Numeria? Why can't we have cyber-demons before this?

Is there a Demon Lord of Technology that we don't know about? Some sort of Void Dragon, perhaps?
>>
>>43891261
>forbidden
Unless you're a Thassilonian specialist they're not forbidden. Also, retraining exists.
>>
>>43891320
>>Retrain your arcane bond by replacing one bonded item with another, replacing your bonded item with a familiar, or replacing your familiar with a bonded item. See also retraining feats. You can instead retrain your arcane school (including changing to or from a universalist). Doing so replaces your school's bonus spell slots and school powers. This training takes 5 days for every school power you lose from changing schools.

It doesn't specify that retraining forbidden schools is possible.
>>
>>43891285
Void Dragons are just a type, anon. Their CR isn't nearly as high as a Demon Lord.
>>
>>43891537
Universalist doesn't have restricted schools. So even if, technically, retraining your restricted school isn't possible, you could always retrain into universalist and back, thus reselecting the restricted schools.
>>
I don't know where to ask but given that in /pfg/ happens often enough:

who do I "print" PDF pages in an image file? It seems that the print to file option on Windows 10 allows only PDF as output
>>
>>43891823
>It seems that the print to file option on Windows 10 allows only PDF as output
That's kind of what PDF is for. What format do you WANT to use?

Also
>2015
>using spyware: the OS
>>
>>43891823
There's a program called CutePDF that can print the entire pdf over to a new one without protections (you have to use another reader though, like Foxit Reader). After you do that you can open it in Photoshop or something and save it as a jpg, even cutting the email out at the top.
>>
>>43891823
>Windows 10
woooooooooow
>>
>>43892053
>>43891890

There is literally nothing wrong with Windows 10, they're collecting data so they can make updates on the fly to improve your online experience.
>>
>>43892103
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>43892103
It literally has an integrated keylogger. And the "updates on the fly" that you can't stop are another problem Microsoft is forcing on their userbase. Frankly, anyone still supporting Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
File: JojoCONSIDERTHIS.gif (466 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
JojoCONSIDERTHIS.gif
466 KB, 500x281
So, I know the consensus on magic tattoos was "treat them as slotless wondrous items, and you can probably refluff most magic items into magic tattoos with appropriate price shifts if needed". So now I need to ask.

Bag of Holding, in tattoo form. It can be opened and closed at will, and when opened creates If something would cause the "bag" to burst, the tattooed character must instead make a fort save to avoid taking damage every turn until they take a full-round action to remove the item. Alternatively: portable hole in tattoo form. Opens and closes at will.

How retarded is this, and what kind of shenanigans would you get up to if you had your magic bags basically grafted into your skin?
>>
>>43892250
>and what kind of shenanigans would you get up to if you had your magic bags basically grafted into your skin?

Hammerspace between your breasts.
>>
>cleric's curse subdomain gives Inflict Curse at level three
>>
File: f7m4Ni2.jpg (43 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
f7m4Ni2.jpg
43 KB, 500x566
So I'm building this character named Lord Grip. He's a human tetori monk/brawler fighter who uses grappling and armor spikes. I think I've made him literally unkillable, but I don't know for sure. Can someone here give me ideas for how to kill him so that I can make sure they won't work?
>>
>>43891890
>That's kind of what PDF is for. What format do you WANT to use?
jpg or png so i can post pages her on 4chan or send them though whatsapp/messenger/whatever

>>43891913
thank you

>>43892053
eh, it's still better than 8.1
>>
>>43892544
>human tetori monk/brawler fighter
>literally unkillable

That's a good joke anon. For starters: shoot him with arrows, any number of spells, maneuvers, powers or monster special abilities. Waiting for him to die of old age.
>>
>>43892544
Cast a 1st level Will-targeting spell on him.
>>
>>43892544
Damage
>>
>>43892623
>>43892625
Someone else from the same game, we're pretty sure he has Construct traits from some source.
>>
>>43892643
>>43892623
He can't die from hit point loss or old age.

>>43892625
Immune to mind-affecting spells.
>>
>>43892544
death effects. being teleported to a hostile environment. being forced into a collective and hit with Fuse Flesh.
>>
>>43892704
>He can't die from hit point loss
Bullshit.
>>
>>43892651
>>43892704
Oh, so we're playing "destroy my character that doesn't actually exist while I just pretend to be looking at an actual sheet instead of talking out my ass."

>Immune to mind-affecting spells.
Trap the Soul, use created soul gem to power a spell. Dead.
>>
File: The Shrike.jpg (401 KB, 750x844) Image search: [Google]
The Shrike.jpg
401 KB, 750x844
>>43892544
>>43892651
>>43892704

>Immortal
>Invulnerable
>Fond of impalement
>Covered in spikes to allow this
>Is a construct of some sort

This sounds terrible familiar.
>>
>>43892736
>death effects
Nope

>hostile environment
Which one? He can survive at the bottom of the ocean, surface of the sun, and the void of space.

>fuse flesh
Standard action, back to normal.
>>
>>43892783
Negative energy plane? Positive energy plane?
>>
>>43892737
Says you.

>>43892761
I'd share my sheet, but it has a ton of plot spoilers and our group is in this thread. The GM signed off on all of this.
>>
>>43892783
>surface of the sun
Oh, he's immune to fire damage? Because as per Distant Worlds the sun instantly kills anything not immune to fire.
>>
>>43892783
>>43892815
to quote

>Major negative-dominant planes are even more dangerous. Each round, those within must make a DC 25 Fortitude save or gain a negative level. A creature whose negative levels equal its current levels or Hit Dice is slain, becoming a wraith. The death ward spell protects a traveler from the damage and energy drain of a negative-dominant plane.

>Major positive-dominant planes go even further. A creature on a major positive-dominant plane must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being blinded for 10 rounds by the brilliance of the surroundings. Simply being on the plane grants fast healing 5 as an extraordinary ability. In addition, those at full hit points gain 5 additional temporary hit points per round. These temporary hit points fade 1d20 rounds after the creature leaves the major positive-dominant plane.
>However, a creature must make a DC 20 Fortitude save each round that its temporary hit points exceed its normal hit point total. Failing the saving throw results in the creature exploding in a riot of energy, which kills it.
>>
>>43892824
What books am I allowed to use to kill you off?
>>
>>43892544
Starvation and strangulation bypass HP damage, instead causing death when they progress far enough.
>>
>>43892815
>>43892865
>negative
Yep.

>Positive
Maybe, I'll have to look into it.

As for how you'll get Lord Grip into one of those planes, that's a different story.

>>43892834
Yep.

>>43892869
Go nuts.
>>
>>43892869
None, he's immune to them all, he just can't tell you why because... stuff
>>
>>43892869
A handful of 3.0 things up to the DM's discretion, all of 3.dragon/dungeon magazine and all of pathfinder and Dark Side Phill, Drop Dead Gaymes, Radiance House and a bunch of shit up to the DM's discretion.
>>
>>43892902
Unless he's immune to planar binding somehow, he can just be forced onto that plane if the summoner shifts onto that plane first.
>>
>>43892902

Dunk you in a barrel of quintessence and just ignore you for eternity. Still no answer to Trap the Soul.

>>43892904
Yeah, I was talking about >>43892917 not literal books, although I guarantee there's something in Boccob's Infinite Spellbook I can use to kill off said character.
>>
>>43892704
>Can't die from HP loss
Prove it, nigger.
>>
>>43892902
What's your character's Fortitude save, again?
>>
>>43892544
>>43892815
>>43892902
dead magic plane? (basically an antimagic field everywhere, except permanent planar portals still work)

getting hit with the 9th level strike of the veiled moon discipline?
>The initiator makes a melee touch attack against a target, who then makes a Will save (DC 19 + initiation modifier).
>Failure indicates that the target is shifted fully into the Astral plane, body and all, and the target may not return to the Material plane for one hour. If the foe has no way to return to the Material plane after this duration has expired, he is effectively stranded and must find his own way back to his world.
>If the target succeeds his saving throw, he is still shunted to the Astral plane, but returns automatically to the Material plane after one minute.
>While in the Astral plane, the target is tethered to his body at the location he occupied before being pushed into the Astral Plane with a silver cord as normal (per /astral projection/).
>>
>>43892883
>>43892865
Would y'all stop feeding the troll?
Obviously this nigger is templated and bullshitted to hell and back to the point where he may as well scrap the system and just play pretend with his friends.
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3 KB, 194x205) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3 KB, 194x205
>>43892993

What's your favorite way to play pretend with friends?
>>
>>43892544
They can research a custom spell called Kill Lord Grip that doesn't allow a save or SR and does nothing except instantly kill Lord Grip, with infinite range including planar boundaries.

>>43892993
Offer an alternative topic, then.
>>
>>43892824
Tell your group to get out of the thread and post the sheet, or fuck off
>>
>>43892883
Doesn't eat, doesn't drink, doesn't breathe.

>>43892904
Because the GM forbade me from sharing my sheet until we reach that part of the story.

>>43892928
Interesting. I'll have to look into this. For now I can use Inescapable Grasp as a dimensional anchor, but I'll have to be grappling the summoner while I'm doing it.

>>43892953
+6

>>43892966
>dead magic plane
Probably won't work.

>banshed to astral plane
I probably need a way to get back. So you'll win temporarily.

>>43892949
Turn off my healing and I will, but you won't.
>>
What's your opinion on classes that are sort of actually races? Things like sorcerers or barbarians that really require you to be born into it, rather than learned by anyone?
>>
>>43893091
>Things like sorcerers or barbarians that really require you to be born into it, rather than learned by anyone?

Don't you mean Sorcerer and Oracle? Those are two classes that you're more or less born into.

Barbarian might seem like something you're born into, but in reality a barbarian is just an individual that can enter a warrior's trance which grants increased strength and fortitude at a cost of their well-being. For some this is a tribal thing (like what you're referring to) but for others it could be raw insane anger, or a practiced martial trance like you'd expect from a shock trooper, or even allowing an ancient spirit to inhabit your body and take over.
>>
>>43893077
>Turn off my healing
Is mythic material legit? Because there's a few abilities that bypass all DR and incidentally shut down all forms of fast healing and regeneration. Or possibly just the one.
>>
>>43893077
Easily dead. Level 19 Harbinger so I can pierce all your immunities, and use any of the insta-kill strikes, whose DC I can easily setup to 30+. Dead 95% of the time.
>>
>>43893077
Primal Fury tradition, or the mythic ability to disable regen or fast healing, regardless of type.

And yeah, just fuck off with your lying bullshit. You won't share the sheet because you don't have one. You're a fucking Monk/Brawler, neither of which class has legitimate class features, casting, or enough feats to get anything to do the shit you're talking about. You don't have anywhere near the amount of gold to emulate them either, so that's right out. So until you post a sheet and prove your retarded claim, you can piss right off.
>>
>>43892946
>trap the soul
Sorry I missed it. Immune to spells.
>>
File: 1448582996144.jpg (47 KB, 426x251) Image search: [Google]
1448582996144.jpg
47 KB, 426x251
>>43893180
>Immune to spells
Fuck off
>>
>>43893077
>grappling the summoner
You would have to win a Charisma check and break free of the binding. Most summoners use the binding diagram form of magic circle that traps you within the summoning circle.
>>
What does Arcane Duelist do that Magus can't do better?
>>
>>43893180
No, you're not. Unless you're outright cheating or lying to us about your build.
>>
>>43892544
Throw him into lava and wait for it to cool trapping him in solid rock?

Wish some of his invulnerabilities away then kill him via thus created weakpoint?

Trap him in pocket dimension?

Mindbreak him via psionic bullshit then force him to make himself die?
>>
>>43893077
High level Harbingers can bypass all immunities, and Unquiet Grave's Life Sealing Strike stops a target from benefiting from any form of healing. PoW:E includes a couple of feats to bypass energy resistance and immunity, too.
>>
>>43893155
Living Steel won't work, but Greenwood might. You'd only get one shot though.

>>43893159
I'll have to look into this.

>>43893175
I'll check out Primal Fury too. Can't say I give a fuck whether or not you believe me, tho. Sorry.

>>43893199
Even if I have freedom of movement?

>>43893226
Burrow
That'll do it.
Depends on how you do it.
Mindbreaking works, but I don't think Lord Grip can kill Lord Grip.
>>
>>43893312
I don't mean special materials, lad.
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PathAbilities.aspx?Path=Champion Read Punishing Blow.

As for freedom of movement, yes, it won't let you leave the circle in the same way that it won't let you walk through walls.
>>
>>43893312
You said you were a monk/brawler. None of the abilities of a monk or a brawler allow for the things your character can do. Thus you withheld information necessary to actually apply /pfg/'s knowledge base in any meaningful way.

It's like posting "Hey my favorite color is blue. How much do I weigh?"
>>
>>43893154
I guess what I mean is that, you can't really learn to be a barbarian. You're just born as someone who has anger problems.
but semantics aside, yes sorc and oracle are prime examples. I've always considered it kind of strange, especially when it comes to multiclassing.
Sure you can always come up with crazy fluff reasons for why you took a 2 level dip in sorc, but if you want to take a 2 level dip in fighter, the only fluff you need is "I kinda practiced swinging my sword around for a while."
>>
>>43893312
Everyone is overthinking this bullshit.
>transmute rock to mud
>transmute mud to rock.
>>
>>43893312
>Whispers of Atrocity (Su): There is no resisting
the harbinger’s malice. Starting at 19th level,
maneuvers initiated by the harbinger ignore any and
all immunities possessed by their victims.
Any of the strikes that outright kills you, or leaves you in a CdG-able position where I can crit you for more than enough damage is an easy win condition.
>>
>Gestalt
>Level 7
>3pp is allowed if I run it by the DM
>Stats are 18, 18, 18, 17, 16, 15
>Campaign is largely sandbox and centered around the players doing what they will to change the world, whether it be for evil, selfish or virtuous reasons.

What madness could I create with this potential?
>>
>>43893353
You can totally learn to be a barbarian. Everyone gets angry, barbarians know how to channel that anger as destructive force. That can totally be a learned skill.

Also, learn to refluff anon. Classes are mechanics, nothing else. Any non rules based text is essentially meaningless.
>>
>>43893377
You could probably make a viable, chained monk.
>>
File: grump.gif (326 KB, 782x641) Image search: [Google]
grump.gif
326 KB, 782x641
>Player rolls a Kineticist
>complains about not being effective in combat

I keep telling these guys but they won't have any of it. To them, if it's 1pp then it's perfect in every way.
>>
I use a spell to go back in time to your birth, while adding in flash frost and ennervate spell destroy you. Unless you were born with immunities then you're dead.
>>
>>43893395
Just let them complain anon. If they suck, it's their problem.
>>
>>43893353
>You're just born as someone who has anger problems.

But that's wrong, in fact half the things I mentioned in that post are ways to explain Rage as something the Barbarian learns.

Rage can be an elite shock trooper entering a martial trance and fighting that much better, or even the classic Barbarian learning how to channel their communal spirit to fight with renewed vigor.

>but semantics aside, yes sorc and oracle are prime examples. I've always considered it kind of strange, especially when it comes to multiclassing.

Sorcerer is easy to refluff; the character has a little magic in their blood, but not a lot, and through gaining power (aka, levels) they managed to let a bit of that magic shine.
>>
>>43893351
I'll work on both of them.

>>43893352
Hey, I'm proud of what I've done. If I could share it I would. Shows you though, because I've already gotten some good feedback.

>>43893373
Jeez. I'll work on it.

>>43893403
That would do it for sure, though my benefactor wouldn't be too happy.

Alright I think I got enough. Thanks guys, you rock!
>>
>>43893424
but how is that different from saying "I have a little elf in my blood, so I should gain access to elven favored class bonuses"?
>>
>>43893395
why does qlippoth-lover have such long ears
>>
>>43893463
But you would get better feedback if you posted actual, useful information. And people wouldn't call you a lying faggot. Like me, you lying faggot.
>>
>>43893471

Because Elf is a race, not a class.

Also because if you've got that much Elf in your blood, you're probably a half-Elf.
>>
>>43893471
Hey, if people can use that to make playing a non-human sorcerer/oracle far more viable then I don't see a problem.
>>
>>43893471
Because you can legally take Sorcerer levels at any time, but you can't just suddenly become an Elf; from a fluff perspective, your Elven ancestry isn't suddenly going to assert itself, unlike your magical ancestry
>>
>>43893483

The ears are actually antennae that allow her to detect all cake within a 20 mile radius.

>>43893377

Senpai, you could make a Paladin/Warder and become the Unstoppable Force.

Holy shit, what *would* a Paladin/Warder look like? You're immune to everything, your health and saves are unstoppable, and the damage you're consistently putting out cannot be ignored.
>>
>>43892902
From what I've heard, the GM has seen and approved the sheet, but the rest of the players aren't allowed to see that specific character. The only thing that comes to mind is under 3.x, divine rank 1+, which grants immunity to mind-affecting, poison, diseases,sleep, disintegration, death effects, paralysis, transmutation as well as electricity, acid and cold. Aging and natural causes are obviously listed as well.

However, anything else is just DR/Epic and Fire Res 5+Divine Rank. Even a Greater God, in all its glory and power, for everything it can do, if actually placed face to face in phase with you (if not, force, magic weapons or ghost-touch will fix that final problem), can get its fucking head shot off.

For everything that reduces them, or makes their damage values look like chumps... In the end? Piercing, Bludgeoning and Slashing, plus usually Force. The four most basic things will always work.

Just don't bother with fancy shmancy Save-Ors meant for controlling lesser beings, and things go down just fine.
>>
>>43893516
It'd probably look like a Warder, but slightly shiny.
>>
>>43893544

What does a Warder look like, Eric-Kun?
>>
>>43893544
You'd also run into major MADness issues, although with the above stat spread that isn't much of a problem.
>>
File: Warder.jpg (19 KB, 179x289) Image search: [Google]
Warder.jpg
19 KB, 179x289
>>43893566
Like pic related. They're heavy armor, sword and board martial badasses. No magic, no fuckery, just pure skill and indomitable will.

Also
>Eric-Kun

Not my name.
>>
>>43893506
>>43893493
however Elf was a class back in the old days of D&D. So was Dwarf if I'm not mistaken.
Furthermore, infernal/abyssal bloodline sorcerers are a race, it's called Tiefling, Celestial are Aasimar.
Don't get me wrong, sorcerer's are one of my favourite classes, but the whole "in your blood but not actually racial" fluff is something that I've always found a bit strange.
also, with 4 feats (eldritch heritage) anyone can become pretty much half a sorcerer...because it's in your blood, it's racial. but...not racial...?
There are no feats like that for wizard schools, because you actually have to take wizard levels and learn that shit.
>>
>>43893643
Tiefling and Aasimar don't breed true. If you nookie with a devil or an angel, you get a half-fiend or half-celestial. As that blood further thins, you'll occasionally get Tiefling or Aasimar to crop up, but you'll also get sorcerer bloodlines. They are not mutually exclusive, nor are they always paired together.

Even then, just because the potential is there that doesn't mean it becomes developed. Many people never find a need or desire to develop their magical power, innate or not. Others have it erupt spontaneously without warning. That's how magic works. It's magic.
>>
>>43893623

But Elric-Senpai, you posted a dainty Elvish waif, not a Warder.
>>
>>43893706
>Tiefling and Aasimar don't breed true.

Except they do, Tieflings can have children and so can Aasimar.
>>
>>43893706
Oh.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO FUCKING UNDERSTANDS HOW THOSE WORK DESPITE BEING A GAME DEVELOPER.

THANK YOU.
>>
>>43893733
Please, tell her that to her face.

>>43893746
Breed True anon. Breed True. The child of a Tiefling or Aasimar is more likely to be a normal human (or other source race) than a Tiefling or Aasimar respectively.

I had to look into this pretty thoroughly for the game I run.
>>
>>43893746
"Breed True" means "tiefling + tiefling = tiefling with same general mutations and body type". Which they don't.

It doesn't mean they can't breed at all. Just that some of their kids are more normal humanoid, some of their kids the mods cancel out, and some of their kids get an extra dose of planar fuckery, is all.
>>
>>43893706
I guess I just think about it moreso like X-men.
Somewhere around puberty their powers develop. Some people train to further their power (in this case, in the form of spells), some people don't. But they'll have power regardless.

Some might argue that this is why the eldritch heritage feats exist, but then why are sorcerers special like that? Why isn't there a "wizardly aptitude" feat or something that grants access to wizard school powers?
>>
>>43893785
>Please, tell her that to her face.

What is she going to do, stab me?
>>
>>43890375
>Cast a 10 minute spell in a fullround
No, not really.
It's a lot of fun when it's allowed though.
>>
>>43893851
I'll level with you. I hate fluff. If it's not tied to a mechanical rule I chuck it right out the window and replace it with something that makes sense.

You're asking a question that doesn't really have an answer beyond "because that's the way it was written." In fact, what you've described is a change to sorcerer fluff already.

Not everyone with a sorcerous bloodline has powers, nor do they typically choose to develop them enough to warrant putting "Sorcerer 1" on their character sheet. Only very rarely are there those that choose to pursue the path of their bloodline, or are born with enough inherent potential to have that destiny thrust upon them.

>>43893859
Probably. I'm not too familiar with most of the PoW1 Iconics but she is in the process of killing a Marilith on the cover art.

I'll see if I can't get ErrantX to storytime some of her feats, since he's married to the woman who played the Warder Iconic.
>>
>>43893951
Like I said earlier, I love those classes. The whole "living with and possibly trying to develop a power that you don't understand"...I'm a sucker for it.

I just thought it gets a bit screwy when you try to define it as either a class or a race.

But I just thought it was interesting thing I recently started thinking about, and figured I'd bring it up to get more opinions and perspective. Which I certainly have.
>>
>>43894125
I never get why people just can't fucking fluff a standard class, and see the class as a vehicle of mechanics, versus any sort of stupid fluff that you can slap on. That's why I loathe Kineticists, Bloodragers and whatnot. You could probably just make your elementalist theme from other spell-casting classes, and not suck while you're at it.

So I have to kindly ask you to go kill yourself. You cancer of tabletop gaming, you basket weaving fuck.
>>
>>43893951
Are iconics always obligatorily pure single-classed?

Because some classes are just meant for one-another. "metaforges" (no one really uses the PRC anymore though do they) being a prime example.

a few levels of Aegis have catapulted my Warsoul to heights impossible for just the class alone.
>>
>>43892595
Windows 7 is a thing, you know.
>>
>>43894301
Wasn't Paizo's bishie magus iconic guy originally an eldritch knight before they invented the magus?
>>
>>43894301
I believe that single classing Iconics is one of those unwritten rule things, yes. I don't know that it's ever explicitly stated though.
>>
>>43894301
That's kind of the point of Iconics, brah. They're that class from 1-20
>>
>>43894338
see the prestige classes in the core rulebook for, say, the iconic eldritch knight (which hilariously got retconned to the iconic magus? fuck if I know).
>>
>>43894301
See >>43894338
But it's true that some classes are meant to be together. This is mostly untrue in the core materials however. Multiclassing is a special beast in pathfinder, and while there are many, it is always "certain specific builds" that amount to greater than the sum of their parts, while as many if not far more end up at a loss.

PRCs aside, of course.
>>
File: file.png (513 KB, 721x537) Image search: [Google]
file.png
513 KB, 721x537
>>43894397
Yeah they had stats for him in Council of Thieves.
10/10 build over here
>>
>>43894397
Yeah, but once he became an Iconic, he's magus 1-20.

I mean think about it. Iconics are supposed to be 'Here is this class!'

And then you add a prestige class or something to it? Is it to be expected that all members of that class take said prestige class? What about the 10-level ones? If they take all of it, they're just as much of that as their original class, so how are they 'Iconic' of that class?
>>
>>43894477
>15 Intelligence
>Primarily a wizard
Fucking what.
>>
>>43894481
he was... still an iconic even as an eldritch knight. see above. iconic of the eldritch knight class.
>>
>>43894481
Well the Iconic Alchemist has levels of master chymist in one of his statblocks.
>>
>>43894513
>>43894509
Right.

Cuz why should I expect Paizo to make sense.

I'm not mad. Just wishing I could be disappointed.
>>
File: Citysphere.png (4 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Citysphere.png
4 MB, 5000x5000
>>43893014
>Offer an alternative topic, then.

I'm running a game in a spherical demiplane, sort of a PF Ravnica meets Coruscant thing. No gods or god-based magic within the city (spheres and psionics as magic systems). There's a big artificial sun in the middle that lights the city, which is also where souls go when they die on the demiplane (until being reincarnated, that is). Gonna map the city as an icosahedron. (I have a triangle overlay on hex grid template so I can scribble maps at work).

Plot is gonna focus on guilds, and adventurers will be treated sortof like shadowrunners. Guild leaders will mostly be high CR unique monsters.

1. I'm going to include a magic-research guild ruled over by either a dragon or a Wan-Shi-Tong type creature.

2. Also going to do a crazy cult that believes the demiplane is an egg, as some anon mentioned yesterday. They think if they feed the plane enough souls the demiplane will become a god, itself, so they will do a combination of lots of ritual sacrifices, and kidnapping from other planes.

Looking for more cool ideas for factions. I'd like to have like 13-17 of them.
>>
>>43894477
Where's Weapon Finesse? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>43894573
Gotta love how his primary weapon is strength-based with 12 Str at level 11.
>>
>>43894569
A group of warriors who think the world will explode when too many souls are fed into it.
>>
>>43894612
>YE'VE GOT TA STOP DA KILLIN, CAP'N! SHE CANNAE TAKE IT ANYMORE!
>Damnit, Scotty, I need more soul-compression now!
>>
>>43894569
An Anti-Guild faction that either secretly or overtly seeks to overthrow the guildmasters. For Captialism.
>>
>>43894569
"The World is Square"
Cubists.
>>
>>43894612
Hahaha. That's fantastic.

>>43894750
Great stuff.

I think I want one of the guild masters to have become undead to avoid being 'fed' to the demiplane.

>>43894810
But the world is sufficiently small that you can see the upward curve, and walk around the whole thing in less than two days.
>>
/pfg/ I need help. I'm a pc in a Rise of the Runelords campaign. We are in the Sins of the Saviors book, I just got hit by a dispel wand AoE thing in the halls of Envy(or Pride, I forget). I failed a will save and the GM says ALL my magic items are perma dispelled. Is he shitting me?
>>
>>43894810
I don't want to try to map out a city so big that cubists would make sense... Thats too much map.
>>
>>43894863
He is shitting you unless it was Mages' Disjunction.
>>
>>43894863
It turns them off for 1d4 rounds.
>>
>>43894810
>The day has four corners
Time Cubists
>>
>playing new campaign, rise of the runelords
>easy encounter,1 enhanced goblin in a woman's house,
>my half-orc barbarian gets highest initiative
>misses
>then the ranger
>misses
>paladin misses too
>wizard casts magic missile
>instakill
>tfw a woman just saw 3 of the heroes of the town miss in quick succession and then have the wiz make light and kill the goblin
>the cleric was ignored the entire fight
>>
>>43894863
He's shitting you.

Or being a dick.
>>
>>43894863
Depends on what rules you're using. In Pathfinder rules, disjunction should only last 1 min/level.
>>
>>43894926
Welcome in rusty dagger shanktown
>>
>>43894899
If I remember right, the 3.5 version of the trap was Disjunction, but the Anniversary Edition nerfed it a little bit, with a sidebar that basically says "This was a Disjunction trap, but that's kind of douchey. You can keep the old one though, just to show how the Envy branch were massive dicks, and why the other branches killed them first."
>>
>>43894920
How does that work?
>>
>>43894863
Is it an IRL game? If so, bludgeon him before leaving the group. If not, leave the group.
>>
>>43894955
It's still Disjunction in the anniversary edition, it's just that the spell itself was nerfed with pathfinder rules.
>>
>>43894920
The sun is right in the middle of the city. If its day in one place, it basically has to be day everywhere, no?
>>
>>43894972
http://www.timecube.com/
>>
>>43894986
That was it. My party kind of dissolved around the point they were right about to reach Runeforge.
>>
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9hj7?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Intrigue

Paizo run out of ideas.
>>
>>43894995
>>43894972
If Earth stood still, it would have mid-day, mid-night, sun-up and sun-down as 4 corners. Each rotation of earth has 4 mid-days, 4 mid-nights, 4 sun-ups and 4 sun-downs.
The sixteen(16) space times demonstrates cube proof of 4 full days simultaneously on earth within one (1) rotation. The academia created 1 day greenwich time is bastardly queer and dooms future youth and nature to a hell.
Ignorance of 4 day harmonic cubic nature indicts humans as unfit to live on earth.
>>
>>43895045
>Verbal dueling
Hell yes.
>Mfw two initiators verbal dueling-mid 1v1 combat.
>>
File: insult swordfighting.jpg (24 KB, 545x207) Image search: [Google]
insult swordfighting.jpg
24 KB, 545x207
>>43895045
>>43895192
>verbal dueling
>>
What are some good, worthwhile options for a Dex-based character to improve AC other than stacking more Dex?
Using Scarlet Throne primarily, so I can't get a shield.
Currently my AC is 19 (17+2 from Scarlet Einhander which I basically never turn off) and I am level 3.
The party Warpriest is currently beating me in AC by 2, but he's wearing a lot of armor and has a tower shield.
I fear that my AC is not as high as it should be. I'd like to get it as high as I can.
>>
>>43895410
Get a buckler?
>>
>>43895454
That's a shield, though, right?
Does ST specifically allow a buckler?
If so, I'm all over that.
>>
>>43895470
A buckler does not occupy your off -hand so you should be fine.
>>
>>43895410
An amulet of natural armor, a ring of protection, a ring of force shield.
>>43895470
It does specifically allow a buckler. It'd hardly be a swashbuckler/duelist style if it didn't.
>>
>>43895454
>>43895516
>>43895507
Scarlet Einhander seems like it doesn't actually stack with a buckler as it's not an enhancement bonus but a straight shield bonus, so I'll be getting it for level 5+ when I stop using Scarlet Einhander.
Thanks for making me aware that it works, and for listing those magic items, too. Appreciate it.
>>
My GM is a huge jew and I'm sick of it.
What are some good ways to gain wealth when your GM doesn't provide enough cash through loot?
The whole party is about 9k behind where we're meant to be on total wealth. That's 9k per person.
>>
>>43895789
Take everything, all weapons, armor, doors. Anything not nailed to the floor. It will add up quickly. Or be a wizard.
>>
>>43895789
Blood Money + Fabricate
>>
>>43895789
Downtime God's guide.
>>
>>43895905
Does any GM actually allow this? That is unspeakably silly.
>>
>>43895929
Most don't. But those that do really deserve what is comming. Especially if you also make some simulacri of yourself that mass fabricate.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.