[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel when the DM uses abilities outside the rulebook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
How do you feel when the DM uses abilities outside the rulebook?

We fought a villain who has the power to kill anything. Including concepts, such as the possibility for defeat as it pertains to him. He also killed his own death, so he was immortal, and could not kill him.
>>
>>43884719
You're fucking with us.
>>
Make sure your GM is actually clever and doesn't just think they are when you agree to a Jojo's game.
>>
>>43884719

He killed the concept of his own death, but did he kill the concept of his own aging, dismemberment, and dissolution as a being? If he killed death as a concept that pertained to him, would he lose his ability to kill concepts?
>>
>>43884719
If my DM included some mechanic outside the rulebook, there'd be a reason for it. If he did it in the way you're describing, he'd likely want the group to find an alternate means to defeating the villain, in a effort to make the game more interesting and memorable.

If some random shmuck did that in a game I was in, I'd probably call him on it, or bow out and find a different game.
>>
>>43884719

here is a few things you can do

switch destineis/bodies or whatever with him.
end existance. He is part of existance.
retcon his retcon of reality.
banish him to a dimension where his kind of power is run of the mill, and even all his vast power cant affect that reality.
steal his power for yourselves
>>
>>43884919

>banish him to a dimension where his kind of power is run of the mill, and even all his vast power cant affect that reality.

I'm reminded of that scene in the third Matrix where Neo is stuck in the train station where he's powerless. You're powerful in one realm because of the rules you've mastered there, but change the game and that power doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>43884919
You can also resurrect the killed concepts somehow, or create new ones that perform the same function.

Or, since he can't be defeated, make it so his victory would benefit you. Like make him fight his evilness so that he wins and turns into a good guy.
>>
>>43884719
>i resurrected his own death so he's killable again.
problem solved.
>>
>>43884719
As my DMS aren't power tripping tardlocks we rarely have reason to care.
If they say take 27 fire damage, we don't need to know what specific spell or power was used. We trust them and they, in turn, have never betrayed that trust to a percievable degree.
>>
>>43884719
Tell your GM that godmoding Shiki to be stronger than her already bullshit power level makes him a colossal faggot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.