[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Devastation's got me wondering... any Transformers RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: transformers-devastation.jpg (228 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
transformers-devastation.jpg
228 KB, 600x450
So, Devastation's got me wondering... any Transformers RPG systems out there? If not, I'll probably just run it in another system I like, but I'm curious if anyone's put one together, official or not.
>>
None that I've ever heard of. You could probably Macgyver a universal system to get close enough if you cared to try. Also how good was that game? I will answer my own question: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!
>>
>>43883874
P. fuckin' legit

Top three for next game:

1. More baller final fight. Megs was good but we need something with more spectacle
2. UI improvements. Let me fuse/sell multiple weapons at once, maybe make the ground slam a little easier (it's real easy to accidentally dodge instead)
3. More playable bots. Maybe playable Decepticons, that'd be tight

It's not the best thing Plat's ever done but as a licensed game it's fuckin' delightful.
>>
>>43883820
there's been a couple unofficial attempts over the years, none fully successful at pulling it off
>>
>>43883820
People will say GURPS. But honestly in my opinion GURPS doesn't handle cartoony style games too much. I think Transformers or any game meant to be more cartoon like needs a lighter, more handwavey system. I would recommend Fate or Savage Worlds.

Of course that is assuming you want the Saturday morning cartoon feel. If you don't, start with meme system I supposed.
>>
>>43883969
My plan was actually the Marvel Universe RPG. It's a pretty solid diceless system (you have an energy pool to manage and have to choose how much energy to invest in your actions each turn) and does cartoony/comic-y shit really well.
>>
>>43883999
I'm not familiar with that system. The only marvel game I know Marvel Heroic I think it's called. But I'm intrigued by this system. I will need to look into it. What more could you tell me before I dove into a pdf?
>>
>>43884062
Basically you've got Abillities which are your core stats, Actions which are things you actively do and Modifiers which are things that are always on (like a healing factor or armor or whatever). You can take two Actions per turn, and how much of your total energy you can spend on each individual Action depends on your ranking in that action - if you've got, say, a 6 in Close Combat, you can spend up to 6 points of energy on a Close Combat action from your pool per turn (although you probably don't regenerate 6 energy points a turn unless you have a fairly high Durability)

Character creation is point based - you get X number of 'stones' (health and energy are measured in stones, since that's the suggested token for tracking them) and basically there's a chart for how much raising any given Ability/Action/Modifier is, with really strong abilities automatically shoving the chart up a few levels (so raising, say, Flight has a modifier of +2, so raising Flight to 1 costs the same as raising a more basic ability like Close Combat to 3)
>>
File: Transformers Expanded Edition.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Transformers Expanded Edition.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43883820
There is one, actually, made using FUDGE. Generally covers Gen 1 with the sample characters, but no need to feel restricted to that. But it isn't D&D or Pathfinder so nobody will play it with you ;_;
>>
File: feels2.jpg (68 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
feels2.jpg
68 KB, 600x337
>>43884400
>isn't D&D or Pathfinder so nobody will play it with you ;_;
>>
>>43883939
1. More baller final fight. Megs was good but we need something with more spectacle
megs was underwhelming, but soundwave was so fantastic I have a hard time being mad.
>>
>>43884529
Yeah, Soundwave and Shockwave were p. legit. That fucking Shockwave + Megatron Challenge mission is fucking hideous. Triple Seeker Bros is pretty ugly too.

>>43884400
Huh, neat. I like FUDGE alright. I'm tempted to go for MURPG anyway - it actually does support alternate modes for characters for shit like Bruce Banner/The Hulk anyway, you could probably use the same framework and basically just have everyone built Robot/Vehicle (or Robot/Dino or Robot/Whatever)
>>
Here is a game a few friends made

http://[DELETETHIS]bit[PERIOD]ly/1NiOzNt
>>
>>43884467
Yeah I know that feel

Everyone knows that feel
>>
>>43885088
Skimming over this...

>Predacon: free Special upgrade: Beast Mode, Flight Alt Mode and -1 UP

I get that even Megatron eventually got a flight mode but all Predacons automatically getting a flight mode is weird unless they're the dragon Predacons in Beast Hunters.

>Civilian Alt Modes get the highest Disguise, but disable weapons.
>Military Alt Modes allow the use of a set number of weapons depending on mode, but offer only mediocre Disguise.
>Cybertronian Alt Modes do not limit weapon or ability use, but also provide no Disguise whatsoever
>Beast Modes are either perfect or worthless as disguises, but also offer other benefits

I like this. I like this a lot.
>>
>>43884599
>Tfw shockwave fight as sideswipe
>lasers everywhere
>teleporting around the clones
>focus 24/7
>that music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhI03Em2_E
>>
File: fa6.gif (564 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
fa6.gif
564 KB, 400x308
>>43886007
>>43885088

>Military Alt Modes allow the use of a set number of weapons depending on mode, but offer only mediocre Disguise

>Megatron rolls down the street in tank mode
>Megatron wonders why the fuck everyone is panicing around him and think his cover is blown
>Actually, the humans are just freaking out because they don't know why there's a fucking tank here and why it just ran over the mail box
>>
>>43886098
I could see that happening in a real episode honestly.
>>
Fate Accelerated. Add the type of vehicle as an aspect for narrative permissions and make transforming a one turn action.

There isn't much more to say. It requires little to no hack.
>>
File: Transformers2edv5.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Transformers2edv5.pdf
1 B, 486x500
yes, there is
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.