[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Streaming Table Top Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 17599511451_58a1d7d295_m.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
17599511451_58a1d7d295_m.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
So I have a morbidly terrible idea. I have an RPG group I've been playing with for three years now, and have been thinking about streaming some of our session. I was thinking the first 2-3 would be rocky, but then people would just learn to ignore the camera while we're playing.

I've been thinking about ways the audience can meaningfully interact with play, and what kind of games people want to watch.

Do people want to watch tactical combat? Heavy story? or somewhere in between?

High fantasy? Low fantasy? Sci-fi? Cyberpunk? Capes?

I'm asking all of your opinions, and "FUCK NO, I'D NEVER WATCH THAT" is both a valid and valuable answer!
>>
>>43882216
Warhammer.
>>
>>43882326
Warhammer fantasy? 40k? What edition? The wargame or the RPG?
>>
I'd watch.
>>
That depends on your party. Anyway, you have to ask their permission to do it .
>>
>>43884735
Of course I'd ask permission, got ok's from two of them, the other hasn't responded yet.

>>43884260
What kind of games would you want to watch?

I've been thinking of perhaps a homebrew.
>>
>>43885266
I'd prefer a homebrew, but only if it was explained fairly thoroughly. Best case, I walk out with some cool ideas. Worst case, I'm entertained by the cringe factor and keep watching with popcorn in hand.
>>
>>43885294
Ok. Luckily I have been working on a homebrew.
>>
>>43885328
Ditto, part of my interest. Also, stuff I've watched with DnD/DW/Fate/ whatever has been pretty dull so far.

You on /hbg/?

Wouldn't happen to be Skyresh guy, uh?
>>
>>43885406
I'm DrunkDev, I did my own threads twice.
>>
>>43885426
Ah, I see, I caught the first one, corner-of-my-eye-wise. Curious to see how this'd go. Good luck man.
>>
If i was a podcast, then yeah, I'd say go for any RPG.

If you mean an actual video stream, then fuck I don't know. Wargames would make the most sense, because that's something you need to see, whereas RPGs only need to be heard.

Podcasts are pretty fun to listen to in my opinion, and you can pick up and go any time. Streams are kind of a waste of time, personally.
>>
Let the viewers play NPC's
>>
>>43885621
What's the difference between the two?
>>
>>43885695
Podcasts are audio only.
>>
>>43885685
You would have to monitor it somehow
>>
>>43885811
You know the dwarves in Oglaf? They're based on the author trying to work with /tg/.

Imagine if every NPC in your game was like that.
>>
OP here. Maybe I would let people watching design NPCs? or possible decide some NPC actions by vote? probably between streams, not during streams.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.