[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sneering Imperialism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: SneeringImperialist.png (22 KB, 193x215) Image search: [Google]
SneeringImperialist.png
22 KB, 193x215
There are those who reject progress, who cling on to primitive ways, they hate order, despise prosperity and loathe the idea of mankind using it's knowledge to devise new and better tools.

The only appropriate such retrogrades is this.
>>
I love that perk. Honest Heart was a damn good DLC.
>>
>>43874564
My Dark Paladin in our Evil!Pathfinder campaign has this Perk, pretty much, along with the rest of his empire. It's a hoot.
>>
File: JibbaJabba.jpg (105 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
JibbaJabba.jpg
105 KB, 250x250
"Look, I hate white men as much as the next guy but, you gotta admit -
cars, planes, TVs, indoor plumbing, schools, hospitals, toilet paper,
paved roads, drug stores, books, written languages, cell phones, the
internet, world wide web, broadband and electricity ARE kinda cool."
- Kanye Twiddy
>>
>>43877993
>white people think they invented all of these
>>
>>43879912
>buttmad non-whites think they invented everything and big bad whitey stole everything from peace loving hippie african spear-chuckers and totally non-aggressive native americans!

You have to 12 kinds of deluded and in denial up your gills if you think this way.
>>
>potentially interesting conversation topic
>instantly devolves into /pol/ level antics

G-gee thanks guys

Though on actual topic, aren't the Brotherhood of Steel sort of like what you described, in some ways? They detest anyone besides them advancing at all for fear of "repeated history." They're basically Luddites that used their enemy's weapon against them.
>>
>>43880162
>>43880162
>>43879912
>>43877993
Totally different dude here; not trying to start anything, but...

Didn't ancient Summerians invent written word? Wouldn't that then be attributed as an arabic invention(if we are going to arbitrarily assign different technologies to vaguely defined broad groups of people as though most technology wasn't born from the minds of a thousand scholars from a hundred nations)?
>>
>>43881222
>Sumerians
>Arabic
>>
>>43874564

They might as well be wiped out. They certainly don't appreciate the benefits of Empire. Dig em an irrigation canal and the dirty bastards use it as a latrine. Hopeless, the lot of them.
>>
>>43880162
Are you retarded? Different guy here, anyone with basic knowledge of history knows he's not wrong.
>>
>>43881414

White people invented all those things. Some were also invented independently by darkies and ching-chongs and what have you, but even then they were mass-produced and popularized by whitey.

Black people didn't even invent the blues either.
>>
>>43881516
>>43881414
>>43881298
>>43881222
>>43880162
>>43879912
>>43877993
>>>/pol/

Jesus christ guys
>>
>>43881622

>>>/yale university/

Eat shit, has-no-arguments faggot
>>
>>43881622
Talking about empirical facts, especially in colloquial language, is evil. And low-status.
>>
>>43881670
>>43881705

What is reading comprehension?

I didn't argue for either side, I simply implied that completely un-/tg/ related shit like this belongs on the appropriate board.

Stop shitting up one of the few tolerable boards with your 8th grade dick-waving, both sides of this argument are equally retarded.
>>
File: 1427262885656.jpg (502 KB, 1174x943) Image search: [Google]
1427262885656.jpg
502 KB, 1174x943
>>43881705
>And low-status

>>>r/lesswrong
>>>r/overcomingbias
>>>r/slatestarcodex
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 349x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 349x451
>>43881221
Yes.

BoS just take everyone else's technological achievements because "lol no one is trustworthy with it but us".

>>43874777
I enjoyed it too but not as much as the other DLCs (Dead Money is best) mainly for the fantastic characters like pic related and the Survivalist
>>
>>43882387
>lol no one is trustworthy with it but us"
well, they're half right. in the fallout universe, like the marvel universe, science, and especially superscience, is not to be trusted
>>
>>43882387
>unironically liking Dead Money
>>
>>43882772
It's good stuff mang
>>
>>43882772
I'm on my second playthrough of that particular DLC and I can see why people dislike it. If your skills aren't good for it, IE Guns/Sneak/Speech, you're going to have a seriously bad time with it, but if they are it's honestly the best of the DLCs. It's a slog to get through on characters that aren't built for it, though
>>
>>43882772
>mad because his head kept getting exploded by radios
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 640x640
THE BURNED MAN WALKS
>>
>>43882387
>>43883054
>2281
>still spouting ghost stories

Stay mad, profligates.
>>
>>43882387
Dead Money=>Old World Blues>Honest Hearts>Lonesome Road

I prefer OWB over Dead Money, but I think Dead Money is 'better', but the slow and purposeful gameplay is a huge pain. OWB I just like because it's wacky, some of the backstory stuff is 10/10 and it's boss fight after boss fight. Fun times.
>>
>>43883594
I love Lonesome Road's story, but fuck, the assloads of Deathclaws and those stupid underground bastards really killed my interest in the gameplay. Both were incredibly frustrating to deal with, especially in the large numbers that they would come in. I just said "fuck it" and used the assload of Stealth Boys I had saved up.

What I really hated about those underground assholes was that they DID NOT look like they belonged in the Fallout u
niverse. They looked like something from Deadspace.
>>
>>43883155
>Supporting the Legion

You're the scum of this earth.
>>
>>43883696
Yea Tunnelers are weird. But Lonesome Road as a whole kind of fell flat for me. I thought the ending with Ulysses was kind of a letdown.

I had fun with it though. And dat suped up recon armor is beautiful.
>>
>>43883696
I wasn't into the story, I just couldn't get into the whole 'bull and the bear' nonsense that Ulysses was spouting. Repetitive and without any reasonable meaning. I also didn't like how linear the dlc was. In all the other dlc there are relatively multiple ways to go about but Lonesome Road is very linear. The other problems with it I definitely agree with you about. Good thing I had enough 45-70 ammo to get through it.
Riot Gear armor was friggin mean though.
>>
>>43882952
I once made a tribal character (this was before Honest Hearts was a thing) and I decided to do Dead Money just for the knife spear.

I died. A lot.

I suffered. A lot.

But I still got that fucking knife spear.
FUCK YOU CLOUD. FUCK YOU HOLOGRAMS FUCK YOOOOOUUU.
>>
>>43883827
What I don't get, is how the Lonesome Road ending implies that Tunnelers spread to the Mohave and murdered every last person.

Obviously that doesn't happen.
>>
>>43883715
I would've liked to support the Legion, since they have some interesting ideas, but the game makes them out to be SUCH raging doucebags without any redeeming qualities.

The sad part is that there was supposed to be a whole explorable region to the East that was Legion controlled, where the players would be able to see some of the good aspects of the Legion (very safe, virtually crime-free, only women on the front are slaves [most within borders are just as free as the men]). They're still incredibly ruthless, but one could argue, given those benefits, they're certainly better than some alternatives. But, since New Vegas was an Obsidian game, they cut that out for time.

>>43883827
I managed to talk Ulysses down, since I like playing diplomatic characters, which made the whole thing feel rather anti-climactic. I liked the build-up to the end, though, with him taunting you and telling you his story, the story of the area, and how you and him were similar.

In general, I kinda liked how it felt like a Western show-down meets an epic.

>>43883834
I can agree on the linear thing, which I had never really considered. You were pretty much forced to go down that one path, which was definitely irritating.
>>
File: John Calhoun.png (85 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
John Calhoun.png
85 KB, 198x255
I kind of want a Fallout set in the Deep South, with one of the factions being a pseudo-aristocracy with Old South pretensions. Have them be pretty cool guys so long as you're not a dirty tribal or an obvious mutant. Like seriously, really friendly, helpful people who genuinely care about liberty, order, each other and the future... and absolutely despise primitives and mutants.
>>
>>43883884
The thing with the Tunnelers is that they're afraid of light. Honestly I don't think they'd be a bigger threat than anything else in the wasteland as long as you carry a torch at night or something.
>>
>>43883922
So, basically the complete opposite of Point Lookout?
>>
>>43883948
Was Point Lookout or the Pitt the best DLC of fallout 3?
>>
>>43883974
Trick question, Broken Steel was the best.

Followed by The Pitt > Operation Anchorage >Point Lookout > Mothershit Zeta (There's a huge mod that eventually makes Zeta the best though, but mods don't count.)
>>
>>43883974
The Pitt, definitely, because its story was actually interesting. I loved the moral dilemma with the baby.

I was very disappointed by Point Lookout. The story was short, even for a DLC, and the new enemies it introduced were difficult without being fun, because they were mainly just bullet sponges.
>>
>>43883922
>tfw writing short stories about a mercenary's adventures in Fallout-ed Louisiana.

I've been thinking about doing a little faction like that for a while now.

It'll be pretty campy
>>
File: Andrew Jackson.jpg (702 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Andrew Jackson.jpg
702 KB, 1500x1125
>>43883922
DAMMIT ALL, CALHOUN, SHUT YOUR DICKPICKLED MOUTH BEFORE I JAM OLD HICKORY IN THERE AND SHUT IT FOR YOU. I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU AND YOUR MASSIVE FUCKING FOREHEAD WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE.
>>
>>43883974
Not that anon, but I think Point Lookout was the best.
>>
>You will never experience a Huck Finn story in Fallout's universe.
>>
>>43883948
Pretty much. I get tired of the "hurr redneck" stereotype dominating anything Southern, when there's so much potential in the contradictions of Old South values - chivalry, piety, family, and completely overt racial and cultural bigotry.

In the Fallout setting, such a faction could easily be a force for civilization and a lot of good - far more than the comical evil of the Legion - while still having incredibly objectionable views and policies.
>>
>>43884097
I would suck the dicks off of every last bethesda employee for a "Wilted Flower" style Southern Gentleman follower, in a nice suit, and constantly smoking.

Fuck yeah I would.
>>
>>43884034
>>43884068
I really liked Point Lookout. The bulletsponge enemies were pretty dull, but their design was cool. I really liked the American Gothic style horror and the swamp aesthetic.
I never played The Pitt, I'm not sure why. I should probably give it a go but I modded 3 so heavily that it breaks constantly and I can't be bothered messing with the load order and esm files to make it work. One day I will.
Iron sights and high res texture mods is all I need to like 3 enough to play anyway.
>>
>>43884193
Just get "A Tale of Two Wastelands", it's a mod that combines 3 and NV, works flawlessly, and enjoys NV mechanics, while keeping 3 functional.
>>
>>43884036
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10448257/1/Fallout-Orleans

Stumbled upon this a year or so ago. interesting setting and solid worldbuilding. Even the story is compelling more so than Bethesda tier shit.
>>
>>43884165
Oh my God, I had no idea how much I wanted that.

>>43884193
The aesthetics of Point Lookout were definitely really well done, and I will say that's certainly something it has over The Pitt, but the bullet sponge enemies were irritating and the story was a let down. I did like the side quest with the Christian woman and the Necronomicon, though.
>>
>>43884264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9rQsutfuo

:)
>>
>>43884264
>Christian Woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7uC5m-IRns
>>
>>43884298
That's pretty much straight where my mind wandered when the idea was mentioned. Bill's cousin as a follower would be amazing.

>Oh, dear, the dry nuclear air certainly does a number on my skin. This flower is a-wiltin',
>>
>>43883891
>the game makes them out to be SUCH raging doucebags without any redeeming qualities
Blame muh black and white moralities.

Legion was supposed to be a much more sympathetic force. There was going to be missions deep in Legion territory where players could see the strong trade routes, well-maintained infrastructure, and peaceful towns that the Legion controlled. The idea was that Caesar was, essentially, enslaving the warriors of the tribes, pointing them at the things he didn't like, and letting them rip and tear, all the while telling them they were the honored elite instead of glorified janitors. Budget cuts, time constraints, and "muh bad guys" got all of that funneled into one NPC merchant in the camp.

The NCR/Legion choice was supposed to be "hopeless corruption obfuscated by propaganda" vs "dragging the world into civilization, no matter the cost".
>>
>>43884264
I don't remember her being Christian, but that quest was great. Any quest that explores the Lovecraftiness of Fallout is good, in my boat.

I just wish 4 actually gave us more that we got.
>>
File: JEB Stuart.jpg (73 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
JEB Stuart.jpg
73 KB, 800x534
>>43884165
Not quite what you were going for, but the Confederate cavalryman ideal is pretty close.

I do love the idea of a Southern Gentleman follower. What weapon would he use? I could see him using either a really nice revolver or a fancier-than-fancy over-under shotgun.
>>
>>43884362
A revolver. Only shoots it with one hand.
>>
>>43884362
>Implying anything other than a Derringer
>>
>>43884165
Kind of reminds me of an idea for a follower I had: A classy gentleman in a good suit traveling the wastes in search of a good drink.
>>
File: Tumblr_m9j89og1Sa1qk7mtso1_250.jpg (22 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m9j89og1Sa1qk7mtso1_250.jpg
22 KB, 250x190
>>
>>43877993
>schools, hospitals, drug stores, written languages, electricity
>white people think they invented "building where people learn" and "building where medicine is"
>white people think they invented writing
>white people think they invented lightning
Fucking white people
>>
>>43884475
>humans think they weren't uplifted by the Annunaki
>>
>People Bitching about Caesar's Legion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE
>>
>>43882772
sounds like you need to fucking let go anon

>>43883054
>>43883155
>2077+214
>not diminishing the myth of the burned man to bring peace to joshua
it's like you fuckers areso used to playing tabletops that you can't comprehend that vidya does, in fact, have best ends
>>
>>43884502
>annunaki think they weren't engineered by the greys
ayy lmao
>>
>>43883884
>metric fuck ton of power plants to produce light
>army of robots which can be upgraded to nigh deathclaw level fuck you
> gun runners mass producing hunting shotguns and 12 ga DB rounds
chris avellone is just mad you didn't blow it all up again, anon
>>
>>43884549
>Greysss think the Reptiliansss haven't already infiltrated them
>>
>>43884338
Both sides were to have their goods and bads. The NCR was supposed to be corrupt, but fixable while the Legion was strong, but unsustainable.
>>
>>43884362
He would have a revolver and a saber.
>>
>>43884790
Unless of course you, being the awesome motherfucker you are, either become Caesars heir or operate on his cancer.
>>
>>43884360
you got Dunwich and a guy wearing an alien broadcasting helmet. Honestly kinda jarred me.
>>
>>43885110
Any system that stands or falls on one individual is a shitty system. Legion is prime example of this and would be utterly dogshit even if you chose to ignore how irredeemably atrocious it was from our modern liberal moral standpoint.

Caesar was an intelligent and educated, but ultimately deluded faggot and wrong.
>>
>>43884362
Obviously a LeMat
>>
REMOVE LEGION remove legion

You are the Legion stink you are the Legion smell
>>
>>43886380
The best way to do this shitpost is "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"
>>
>>43886404
That replaces 'REMOVE KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES'
>>
>>43886330

Why was he wrong?
Morality is subjective, so why, apart from moral reasoning, was Caesar wrong?
>>
>>43886804

Because he literally built a raider band that would not survive him, and even if it did, it would be in a warped, perverted form because his lieutenants were unfit to take his role.

And it's a good thing, too. Legion was a revolting disease on face of earth. Only an edgy, impressionable teen could think it's a model of society worth preserving.
>>
>>43886858

The thing is, as pointed out, the raider band part of the Legion was basically a weapon, with a functioning society built up behind it.

A society vile to todays standards yes, but nontheless a functioning society.

Of course that would end with Caesars death, and as such was ultimately unstable. However, Caesar had thought to integrate parts of the NCR governement into the Legion, and as such, the Legion would stop being the Legion.

This would of course only work if the world truly functions on his assumptions.

He was arrogant, but never got the chance to prove his idéa right or wrong. Due to development time limitations.
>>
>>43884360
[Spoiler]Dunwich Mines
>>
>>43881222
no, technically they invented the carved word
>>
>>43884034
what moral dilemma with the baby?
you can leave her with the scientists that
A: care for her
B: know what the fuck they are doing

or give her to a egotistical opportunist and a slave who have no fucking clue about creating a cure

the bit that annoys me is that you can't mention the changes Lyons has made to the DC Brotherhood since the Scouring (because they are ultimately the same things Ashur wants) or Project Purity and the possibility of building a purifier upstream of the pit
>>
>>43884219
is it actually stable now?
>>
>>43887060
What I feel Caesar missed about the Roman model he was trying to adopt was that the era of successful dictators was backed by prior centuries of being a republic - Rome was an electoral government, albiet one with class divisions and an emergency dictator clause. And early on it had many of the same problems the NCR had - the haves exploiting have-nots, the equites sneering downnat the plebs and the plebs hitting back. But Rome held together during those years because there was a sense of duty to Rome itself as a concept.

Caesar fucked up on what the Romans represented on so many levels in emulating Julius Caesar like he did, a man the product of his times, born into a Rome that was already a titan which could be carried (and had been) by sheer attrition, weight, and numbers. He also failed to recognize that Caesar and the age of emperors was the beginning of the end for Rome.
>>
File: Wind_Brahmin_Wrangler.jpg (169 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
Wind_Brahmin_Wrangler.jpg
169 KB, 900x643
You want to buy Wind-Brahmin?
>>
>>43887333
I don't think it could be called the beginning of the end. If that were true, Rome would only decline from Caesars Ascension, which didn't happen. If we're being a cynical as possible, the precedent set by the year of four Emperors could count, but going by strict, actual decline, I guess Commodus could count as the beginning of the decline in a reasonable way, what with the crisis of the third century immediately following him.
>>
>>43887433
I maintain Rome was killed by the rockstar leader and its own success therein and under. Starting with Scipio Africans but portrayed most famously by Caesar. All sorts of legal institutions and traditions began to be exploited, ignored, or outright Discarded for the sake of power and fame from then on out. Rome's own success, luck, and size carried it forward giving it the momentum to reach new heights under Caesar and successive 'good' emperors but the bike was just coasting up the hill at that point, the peddling was stopped
>>
>>43884475
Your right about whites not Inventing lightning that was Tesla and he was a Serbian, also white people don't think that, IDIOTS do
>>
>>43887487
>Serbs are not white

You are legitimately retarded.
>>
>>43887333
>>43887060
>>43887460
>>43887433

This is an interesting discussion. I feel that Caesar's Legion is abhorrent to our current individualistic morality, starting with Voltaire in the 18th century who gave a name and a framework to individualism or 'liberalism'. Some call Voltaire the father of anarchism but I think his work is more nuanced than that. I shan't get into further detail because better writers have written before me.
Caesar's legion is an explicit denunciation of that, a move towards a more statist communalism where the survival of the state as such is more important than the experience of the individual. This is contrasted with the 'democratic' NCR, in which the individuals rights or experiences is protected by the state.
Now where this becomes (unfortunately not in New Vegas because of the lack of development) a difficulty is that the NCR is provably corrupt, and while the Legion is not it is reliant on a strong individual to an unacceptable degree.
I would love New Vegas to have had this contrast, and I have no doubt at all that Obsidian and the leftover Black Isle crew would have had the writing chops to have done so, but time constraints and small studio nonsense means we did not.
I personally believe the Legion had a better chance, abhorrent as I find them personally. The NCR is doomed to fail as it is merely aping the old world, with all the follies therein. The Legion, however, while modeled on the heyday of Rome, is an entirely new society without the burden of prior experience.
I don't accept the kinda Whig idea that history moves towards a provable superiority over yesterday, and ideas that seemed good before may not be in the future. The Legion had in theory a sort of order behind the scenes, but because it was balanced on a single dictator was unsustainable.
>>
>/pol/bait and /v/ meme thread

epic

definitely THE BEST thread on /tg/ right now

brb reposting to reddit for epic karma golds
>>
>>43887947
Here's your (You)
>>
File: Jewtaro_Kujostein.png (453 KB, 985x1103) Image search: [Google]
Jewtaro_Kujostein.png
453 KB, 985x1103
>>43887947
>not selling it to /pol/ for jew golds

Good goyim
>>
>>43887877
The Legion is not really comparable to Rome, for reasons others already mentioned. It is the fantasy of one powerful man. Of course, they are shaped like that by neccessity. The Legion is made up of tribals, who remain savage ever under the guise of civilization, just like House's casino folk. The NCR plainly does not integrate tribes, practicing a policy of soft repression.

The problem with the NCR isn't their corruption, it's the fact that they are a house of cards. They are overstretched, they practice faulty policy, and they think they're hot shit. The design documents state that NCR troops are supposed to look like WWI soldiers, and the comparison is apt. WWI was a war fought by leaders with no military experience, yearning for a fantasy image of an era long past. They dreamed of another grand Napoleonic war, with gains of territory and such. But not only were they unaccustomed to modern technology, they had lost a lot of knowledge. For instance, British horses died from cold because the retards shaved their winter coats, because that way they could identify skin diseases more easily. The Ottomans and Austro-Hungarians sent hundreds of thousands of men to freeze to death without winter gear.

This is what the NCR does. Thinking they will succeed because they are righteous. But what is essentially an army composed of tribals, lead by a Mormon, who prefer to use pointy sticks rather than guns, is kicking their asses up and down the Mojave. In a historical context, the Legion represent the tribes, while the NCR is the rickety, overstretched Roman Empire.
>>
>>43882387
>hear everyone and their dog claim Joshua Graham is awesome
>finally play Honest Hearts
>he's just some angry dude high on God

It as a disappointment, to be honest. I still helped him out because I think he was right. The White Legs needed to be scattered, but I found both him and Daniel interfering with the tribes to be annoying. Both convinced themselves that they were doing the best thing for the greater good, but in reality they were both using religion as an excuse to meddle in the affair of others.

The best character in the DLC was the Survivalist.
>>
>>43887877
I don't really care about the moral issues of the Legion - not to be edgy, but if something is PRACTICAL and LONG TERM VIABLE and it WORKS, fuck morality. Sadly, Caesar's Legion does not meet this three-fold paradigm. The Legion WORKS, but is not PRACTICAL (for various reasons) and as has been discussed is not LONG TERM VIABLE.
>>
>>43888172
I haven't actually finished the game (of course, I had like five different characters, at this point...), but House looks like the best option. Either that, or just doing it all by yourself. Neither the NCR nor the Legion are practial and viable, and both only barely work.
>>
>>43888221
There is a certain questline involving a certain character within the NCR whose trying to save the NCR from the inside. But yes a lot of people think House or Solo are the best options
>>
>>43888254
The NCR lost my trust with its bullshit. I do not think any one man can save the entire system. Their problem is cultural, and even if this one man manages to affect change in the system, that system will automatically correct itself because of this cultural nature of the problem.
>>
>>43886404
>dat latin grammar rape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8
>>
>>43879912
>cars, planes, TVs, indoor plumbing
White people
>schools, hospitals
At least as public services accessible to everyone
>toilet paper
I don't know, I guess
>paved roads, books, written languages
While the Sumerians, Chinese, and Egyptians weren't European or Indo-Europeans the Sumerians and Egyptians would still be classified as white on the US census. Ethnically they were probably both Semitic peoples like the Arabs or original Jews.
>cell phones, the internet, world wide web, broadband and electricity
Whites
>>
>>43887234
>not eating the baby
>>
NOTHING WRONG
O
T
H
I
N
G
>>
>>43887981
The NCR successfully fought against the Brotherhood of Steel. Their issue in New Vegas is entirely the fact that they're overextended and fighting far from their own borders. Yeah, they're corrupt, but so is basically every government ever.

The reason the NCR won against the Brotherhood of Steel and just about everyone else is numbers and halfway decent training. Not good training, just some training. While they could never match the Brotherhood's equipment or training they had enough bodies and good enough weapons to just flood them until they killed them off.

Against Caesar's Legion they ended up being short on numbers due to the overextension but better trained and equipped and they had actually fought a real war a while back. The forces in the Mojave desert are not the heart of the NCR, they're the fingertip of it. And gaining the Dam means they'll increase in power and population again.

The NCR are terrible - compared to the real world modern USA. In the post apocalyptic wasteland there is NO faction better than they are. Maybe if the institute weren't dicks and used their synths to create an empire instead of kidnapping random schmucks and playing god they could compare, but that's how it goes.

Perhaps the Commonwealth under the Minutemen government will eventually rival the NCR. Right now however NOTHING compares.
>>
I'd love for a game setting to explore the consequences of 19th century gilded age free market capitalism devoid of the self-interested hypocritical nationalism that made the world what it is. Even if cruel economics justified imperialism in parts of Africa that didn't have good trade networks internally, the Indian states were by modern scholarly accounts financially ruined by the British Raj. China could have remained the workshop of the world if Britain hadn't decided to fix its trade deficit by using military force to sell opium there.

So maybe a world where automaton free market AI's or dragons or something maintained free trade and prevented imperialist police actions to create protectionist trade blocs like the British Empire did internally (while being all about free trade externally)?

Marketpunk (Plutopunk?)
>>
>>43888031
graham was honestly one of the most charismatic characters in the game, bar none. the problem is that, like a lot of religious extremists, will use religion as a tool to project his hatred onto a group of people he have a strong dislike of, whether or not you notice this. in this case, White Legs onto Caesar's Legion by proxy. His actions will seem justified at first but when he starts going to Three Marys for a slaughter instead, that's where he crosses the line. But hey, it's a better solution than Daniel's since he's basically teaching the Sorrows to defend themselves if anything than running away from their problems. man is a total badass though, by all accounts.

>>43888221
The thing is, House doesn't really have a good standing army which he will eventually get overrun no matter how many Securitrons that will hold the line. In time, either the NCR would regroup and expand, stabilizing their territories in the process or the Legion will. Even House himself have explained it to you, which is why he rather bide his time by letting the NCR in so the Legion will have second thoughts about going all out. House might be the best for Vegas but his interest is in Vegas and Vegas alone. I wouldn't bet on his dreams of space travel just yet at the rate he's going when he took over
>>
>>43884338

What's funny is real history has much more gray-and-gray examples that they could have used.

Such as Greek city-states (democracy+slavery) vs. the Persian Empire (absolute monarchy+no slavery and no state religion).

Or if you wanted to get really complicated, the Second French Empire vs. the North German Confederation.
>>
>Playing Scion
>Survive a war of the gods as everyone tries to get their version of doomsday through at once
>Playing a tech-obsessed scion of Kali
>Emerge back into the world as mortal survivors divide along religious lines
>Find the Hindus and make myself known as a prophet of sorts
>They're fucking nuts
>Refusing to let go of ancient interpretations of texts, lest they anger the gods again
>No industry, cattle or metallurgy beyond using pre-war scrap
>They've devolved back into human sacrifice
>Suggest to a religious leader that Kali doesn't really NEED the daily the murder of holy children
>He completely loses his shit and declares me a false prophet
>Get in touch with the other scions in the group
>It's pretty much the same everywhere
>Call them all back and arm up
>Use illusion to summon a visage of Kali strolling through the high street in the city built around Ranganathaswamy
>Slaughter our way through temple guards and take the leadership outside
>Drain their life essences
>Demand fealty from remaining guards, leadership and warriors
>Declare myself the living conduit of the gods
>Build a functioning democratic, socialist technocracy over around 25 years
>Reduce human sacrifice to willing participants once every year
>Begin to rebuild India into an advanced force for good in the world, beset by the zealous hordes of barbarians on all sides

Cultural relativism only goes so far.
>>
>>43888530
The thing is, I do not believe that the NCR are a viable government to carry the world into the future. They are ineffective and wasteful. They are also hypocrites.

My problem with the NCR and factions like them is their old-world worship. It's been centuries since the apocalypse, but these people still hang out in ancient, falling-apart buildings. They style themselves after the old world government, but they never build anything new. They are stuck in the past.

The NCR is basically every little podunk village like Primm or Goodsprings, extrapolated to a government with massive holdings. They might seem cool to us precisely because the emulate what we know, but in context of the world they live in, they are unsuitable.
>>
>>43888583
Its not like that hatred was unjustified.
>>
>>43888755
I don't see it that way at all. What we see of the NCR in New Vegas isn't the heart of their civilization, it's the furthest border of it.

The core of the NCR is definitely not just living off scrap and salvage. A big part of the early games was rebuilding infrastructure and relearning how to build advanced tech. Also remember that they don't have oil; they have to rely on whatever fusion cells they can produce to run automation or else use cattle and work animals or old fashioned human muscle.

The NCR do build their own stuff; they're host to people like the Gun Runners. The Gun Runners couldn't exist without the NCR; they're a business that exists because there's a stable government to give them a place to build from. They build new high quality firearms and ammunition. You have to imagine there are things like that for other services as well.

Indeed, what we see of Kelogg's flashbacks in the NCR seem to indicate they're building new houses and not just living in rubble. They might even have TV. There was a faction in Fallout 2 that had secrets to rebuilding some old tech; it seems they joined the NCR.

While the NCR are emulating the old world they're NOT emulating the Enclave's aspects of it. They're trying to remake America as it should have been. They fail, they're also subject to realpolitik (resulting in the hypocritical actions they sometimes take) but they try.

And hell, in the real world we look up to the old world all the time. Look at all the Romefags and Greekfags on /tg/.

What the NCR needs is a great reformer - that's it. It's a solid foundation to create something great from.
>>
>>43888824
To me, they smell of all same the arrogant egotism that lead to Manifest Destiny becoming a borderline genocide
>>
>>43881771
>anything
>non /tg/ related
How new are you.
>>
>>43889052

Still better than anything in legion.

Next question: Tevinter or Qunari?
>>
>>43889052
Well, it worked, didn't it? I don't see too many Native American guerrilla armies running about, but I do see American settlements on the West Coast.
>>
>>43889097
the question as to the relative benefits of that result is still unanswered though
>>
>>43889097
People tend to ignore that the American Indians lost the moment Cortez set foot on land. It's nice and all to accuse the Americans of genocide ad nauseum, but until the same people start lamenting all the other genocides by other, non-Western powers, I'll continue to disregard their guilt-tripping bullshit.

I have yet to see a post urging everyone to remember the Sack of Smyrna, for instance.
>>
>>43889087
I know enough about DA lore to know that the Qunari are hippy oogabooga faggots that deserve no fucking power.

Tevinter can be as evil as it wants, fuck the Quniggers
>>
>>43889199
>Qunari
>Hippies
>>
>>43887981
see
>>43887060
>Of course that would end with Caesars death, and as such was ultimately unstable. However, Caesar had thought to integrate parts of the NCR governement into the Legion, and as such, the Legion would stop being the Legion.

the real Julius was basically politically exiled to a region where he wouldnt cause mucvh trouble. in return he crossed the rubicon (which was forbidden for provincial legions beholden to their generals) and conquered rome, transforming the republic into an empire

Caesar states all this in the game with his thesis-antithesis-synthesis speech, but years of NV threads have taught me that 95% of anons are too dense to grasp basic philosophical concepts. He even says the Colorado will be his rubicon. He is an NCR citizen still if you wanna get technical. The Legion is a child of the NCR, more of a large army camp than a nation (until Vegas is claimed) coming back to take the reigns of Rule from its father like Zeus killing Cronos.

It is the exact situation from history. if we follow histories precedent, Legion wins and the NCR senate still exists, just with less bullshit because whoever is Augustus keeps them in check.
probably the player desu senpai, you get to be the first person on a Legion coin that isnt casear and only emperors & their successors got that honor

also to you >>43887460
fuck off, Marcus Aurelius was a great emperor as were several others. The idea of a non-democracy being successful makes you obviously upset & biased. I like democracy too but life isnt roses & unicorns
>>
File: 1401999529833.jpg (40 KB, 789x604) Image search: [Google]
1401999529833.jpg
40 KB, 789x604
>>43882772
Nigga that is easily a fun DLC as long as you didn't go full retard and rush it with only your toothbrush and no life skills.
>>
>>43889215
I mean primitives.

Sorry senpai.
>>
>>43889165
The Spanish actually got pretty Natives rights for a while, spearheaded by a Catholic Monk who thought what the Conquistadores were doing was unconscionable and unchristian.

>>43889219
So your saying you think Caesar is hoping to force the NCR to terms?

Also, there were plenty of great Emperors, but they were the minority, and the prevailing social attitude and climate they represented eventually strangled Rome/
>>
>>43888824
Caesar is that great reformer or so he believes
>>
>>43889165
yes, but the Sack of Smyrna is not relevant to the comparison, while Manifest Destiny is very relevant

and lots of western genocides are overlooked as well, you don't hear much about the Harrowing of the North, and that killed damn near everyone outside of York between the Humber and the Tees
>>
>>43889199
You know wrong. Qunari are very hardcore about putting people in their place. Your position in society is literally more important than yourself and if you decide that you want something else, they have professional brainwashers that would put soviet interrogators to shame to literally mold your mind the way it should be.
>>
>>43889231
Oh, I'm not jumping on the genocide bandwagon. The point is, Europeans brought an epidemic that wiped out 90% of the American Indians. There was no recovering from that, and the Indians that were fought and driven away were basically Mad Max-esque raider bands.
>>
>>43889231
yes he intends to do that or conquer by force if no other reasonable option just like most military commander in history
point being is he intends to merge with the NCR, not destroy or absorb them. their system would combine with his, synthesis
>>
>>43889219
>Caesar states all this in the game with his thesis-antithesis-synthesis speech, but years of NV threads have taught me that 95% of anons are too dense to grasp basic philosophical concepts

For all his education Caesar was a delusional ideologue and his attempt at applying his pseudophilosophical bullshit on actual societies, one of which he shaped to be dramatically different from the other, would not actually provide results that would be an improvement to either.

The new legion would have become corrupt parody of itself, taking worst traits of NCR while expunging the best. Alternatively it would simply take over and gradually collapse, setting up a dark age.

Maybe Followers of Apocalypse would survive to restore some manner of civilisation afterwards.
>>
You know what I'd play the fuck out of? A game set in the remnants of Legion territory cuz spoilers: NCR won where the player and the settlements they encounter are trying to hold together as a bunch of petty dictators and would-be 'heirs' fight each other to be King of the corpse that was the Legion.
>>
File: 1391849556335.png (87 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1391849556335.png
87 KB, 680x497
>>43889364
>Bethesda
>making game out west again
>Slowly destroying plot choices in new games
I have little faith anon.
>>
>>43889364
I feel ya. I've been trying to sell my group on the idea of a Fallout campaign played in the remnants of a collapsed NCR or Legion for the longest time now.

Sadly I don't have a talent for DMing so it probably won't happen.
>>
>>43889387
>Bethesda

But it wouldn't be.

Also I prefer them just flat out saying it than being a bunch of pussies and going 'Oooooh, we don't knooow what happened~'
>>
>>43889410
Bethesda will never give you a solid answer on past titles.

Just look at F4. I have yet to find anyone mention anything solid about the Lone Wanderer or the state of the CW. Except for the occasional BoS fella saying that the CW is STILL worse than the Commonwealth.
>>
>>43889468
Well considering they went with the retarded mass effect wheel it doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>43889485
Not to mention the shit skill system.

>level requirements for skills
Seriously Bethesda? Don't you want to even pretend to make roleplaying games?
>>
>>43882772
>dead money
My melee-retard breezed through the fights and got out with... six gold bars and like 14,000 pre-war monies? Luck 10 is disgusting at the casino. And selling everything to the vendors for chips, then changing those for pre-war money is just absurd.

Though it is pretty railroady. Like every damn thing pops your head off if you don't do exactly what the plot wants. And the invincible hologram guards are all kinds of bullshit. I'd hit my GM if I saw him pull such lazy and ham-fisted shenanigans in a tabletop game.
>>
>>43889519
Bethesda has been making everything "easier" so they can generate more sales, pisses me off since fallout is one of my favourite games.
>>
>>43889468
Those BoS are just salty mad about Lyons more open policy for the BoS
>>
>>43889519
How does that disqualify it as a roleplaying game? You're still limited by your choice of skills.
>>
>>43889579
>Bethesda has been making everything "easier" so they can generate more sales, pisses me off since fallout is one of my favourite games.

You have no grounds to bitch about them pandering to casuals if your primary concern is what they do with their shooter-RPG series rather than the fact that they didn't bother to make an actual Fallout game.
>>
>>43889579
Tell me about it. It's my favorite franchise.
>>
>>43889607
Oh shut up 1&2 are amazing too but you know what i'm talking about.
>>
>>43889631
Yes I do, "they changed it in a minuscule fashion and ruined it forever!"
>>
>>43889230
>Qunari
>The only faction to possess gunpowder and iron ships and can easily go head-to-head with the rest of Thedas
>Primitive
>>
>>43889679
>>The only faction to possess gunpowder and iron ships

Shit.

This is what I get for skimming over the wiki page.

Are the games worth getting.
>>
>>43889650
>miniscule
>ayy lmao we're not going to tell you what you're actually going to say
>ayy lmao only 4 options every time
>"they changed it in a minuscule fashion and ruined it forever!"

No I didn't mean that its ruined I just dont like the design feature and them mvoing more away from the RPG side of it lately. I've only put 3 hours into fallout 4 so its just first impressions.
>>
>>43889697
Origins yes, II not really, Inquisition sorta.
>>
>>43888776
yes but he still uses faith to take advantage of others for his personal agenda rather than truly for what he had preached however.
>>
>>43889697
The first one and all its expansions hell fucking yes.

The story is pretty basic save the world but it is done very well. It gets called as "dark fantasy" by idiots who don't know what that means but the world is solid and its surprisingly fun to play. Even the DLCs are worth getting

2nd one. Least said the better.

3rd one, for all its stick, is much better than the 2nd. Not ass good as the first but definitely heading back up the hill. Character designer is very good.

But thats just my opinion.
>>
>>43889762
>It gets called as "dark fantasy" by idiots who don't know what that means

I've read over some basic lore and between the "ALWAYS FOGGY NIGHT GRIMDURK" and "Sunshine all day erry day with prancing ponies" settings, it's more of a "Perpetual sunset"
>>
>>43889468
I'd put that down to the BoS in the Commonwealth being cocky bastards who come in thinking they're going to steamroller the Institute like the proverbial jock tossing a nerd in the locker. There are apparently veterans of multiple battles with Super Mutants (including an alluded to campaign where the Mutants gathered together multiple Behemoths to assault the Citadel).

Digging into a few terminals reveals that Megaton has actually expanded in size and influence and something happened to turn the Children of Atom into a bunch of psychotic zealots that view the BoS as heretics (probably blamed them when their bomb got disarmed).

To be honest, looking at how fucked the Capitol Wasteland is in Fallout 3, you would think it'd take more than ten years to fix that shit.
>>
>>43889801
Well with the purifier and the surge of Enclave technology into the area one would think that life would get better. Not great, just better.

Not to mention that the Super Mutants were running out of FEV in Fallout 3 so if the BoS has the time and resources to build the Prydwen one would think that the Muties were at least on their last legs as a fighting force.

But then again they are in Fallout 4. Maybe I've missed a terminal entry stating why they are their but whatever.
>>
>>43889833
>the purifier
Jesus christ I hate thinking about that plot.

Well the super mutants aren't just focused in one area they tend to roam around such as seen with Marcus in 2 and NV.
>>
>>43889833
I can tell you how that happened, but it'd be spoilery

And I can't remember where you find it out, but apparently after Sarah Lyons died and the wannabe Primarch took control, the BoS kind of went Neo-Feudalist and essentially made the entire Capitol Wasteland their kingdom. The nuclear power source for the Prydwen was actually cannibalized from Rivet City.

And yeah, I'd like to think the multi-Behemoth attack was a last hurrah for the Muties in the Capitol.
>>
>>43889697
speaking from experience from the first game, it seems like they're trying so hard to be LotR and came off bland and somewhat cringey. it's to be expected from Bioware at the time but stuff like the lore, monsters, quests and overall world building are superbly done from something supposedly generic. Shame the character design and the locations are however.

It's basically a high fantasy game that frequently dips into "dark fantasy" territory every now and then
>>
>>43889881
Are those entries for that info in the Prydwen? Guess I'll should get to that part in the game for my second char.

Also just spoiler the Super Mutant bit I can't seem to find any specific answer online and I'm curious.

Is it Institute related?[/spoiler[
>>
>>43884675
>Reptilians think "They wuz pharaohs"
>>
>>43889907
Yeah, they were working with FEV with the first people they kidnapped. You can find the lab with that experiment locked away from the rest of their headquarters. It's kind of jarring to find this abandoned dilapidated lab after wandering around Neo Star Trek land for a while. I can't remember if they were the first attempt prior to Synths or a concurrent experiment.
>>
>>43889984
Yea I found that but I didn't find any evidence of Mutants being thrown out into the Commonwealth. I understood that they were all terminated after Virgil ran away. Even if some mutants were intentionally released, I find it hard to believe that they let such massive numbers of them run loose.
>>
>>43890016
Well I don't think we have any idea how long this has been occurring. They could have been trying it well before Shaun took the helm as the leader.

The obvious meta answer is Bethesda just wanted that type of enemy in the game, of course. I personally prefer the Mirelurks and the raiders as enemies.

I'm calling it now, the Forged are what the Pitt Raiders have become. Slag mentioned being part of a group from outside the Commonwealth and I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Pitt degenerated into some kind of massive raider stronghold, Ashur's ideals dying just like Owyn Lyon's did.
>>
>>43877993
>cars
yes
>planes
yes
>TVs
yes
>indoor plumbing
first invented by the Indus valley people, not Rome
>schools
First known case of compulsory education was in Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Mexica(Aztec)
>hospitals
Though by no means legitimate, the first known institution attempting to fulfill the role of a hospital was in ancient Egypt, which you can call "not black" but definitely not white
>toilet paper
yes
>paved roads
earliest known paved road system was in Ur, which is in Mesopotamia
>drug stores
yes
>books
I'll give you this one because the book as we know it today was invented by Gutenburg, but the first written language was Sumerian and "books" were made with cylinders which could be rolled across a tablet to make the same story, a la printing press.
>written language
lolnah
>cell phones
yes
>the internet
yes
>world wide web
yes
>broadband
yes
>electricity
yes

That being said, even the things white people didn't invent they were the ones who made it widespread and influential on a major scale.
Facts are important tho

Also BoS, NCR, and Caesar are shitheads I'm a Mojave Nationalist

all of this is actually /his/ and /v/ but idgaf
>>
>>43887234
>implying that I didn't kidnap the baby then run back to DC so that the Pitt just dies
>>
>>43884475
the greeks has the earliest documentation for a designated area for healthcare. So it was still Caucasians who invented hospitals
adn the idea of a place of learning that is open to anyone and is capable of giving out degress ensuring one's mastery of a topic is made by whites. heck university came from a latin word.
Places of learning no, universities yes.
>>
>>43890078
Yea I was trying not to chalk the muties up as Bethesda wanting them in just because. Really grinds my gears.
>>
>>43889226
>toothbrush and no life skills.
But anon im on my low intelligence dumb brute run. Seriously my character is basically a puny super-mutant.
>>
>>43889262
Wouldn't work. Cause most of the Legion are dung sniffing tribals. They follow him as an idol, and can't give two shits about his ideals.

After the merger a lot of the legion top kicks will disagree with him. And would have called him weak and deceptive.
>>
>>43890329
So you're telling me you went the Forest Gump build (Those are always pretty funny)
>>
>>43889387
>>43889364

I would prefer Obsidian to make it.
Bethesda knows how to make a world. But obsidian is better at filling them. Though i think the the Anarchy ending was the canon.
>>
File: taxila.jpg (513 KB, 1600x1024) Image search: [Google]
taxila.jpg
513 KB, 1600x1024
>>43890171
that is debatable since learning institutions established in Taxila in modern-day Pakistan have existed dating far back as the 5th century BC. they offered education in various curriculum such as military science, law, medical sciences, arts even a religious study in Hinduism.
>>
>>43877993
Uneducated nigger, saying non-credible things. What a surprise
>>
File: 1402192671623.png (755 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1402192671623.png
755 KB, 800x800
>>43890408
I would too anon, I dont think Bethesda will allow that again though but we'll see.
>>
>>43890483
They should at least give them enough time for development. NV was supposed to be way more fleshed out. I mean way way more.
>>
File: 1391394397105.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1391394397105.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>43890508
It happens alot to Obsidian so no surprise same thing happend to them with Kotor 2. They either need to think a little smaller or get more time next time they negotiate the development.
>>
>>43890543
Not that they were aiming a bit too high. Its just that Kotor2 and NV was a follow up to the success of their prequels. The publishers wanted to push it out as fast as possible.
>>
File: Take Drugs, Kill a Bear.jpg (735 KB, 1120x840) Image search: [Google]
Take Drugs, Kill a Bear.jpg
735 KB, 1120x840
>>43889762
does the 3rd one get old save bonuses from 1,A&2?

>>43889801
There were aggressive Atom Heretics in 3

>>43890096
but why would you do that?

From what Ashur and Owen Lyons say, they have both come to similar philosophies, with the aid of the DC Brotherhood (and maybe the Rivet City scientists) could help heal The Pitt and cure the Trog Plague and bring forth a new age of Steeler industry

>>43890408
what if... they worked together properly

Bethesda (mostly) builds the world, Obsidian (mostly) does the story and characters...

...and LITERALLY ANYONE else does the testing, bug fixing and stability bits
>>
>>43889585
What even happened to Lyons anyways? Died due to old age? What about his daughter?
>>
>>43889585
but wasn't that Casdin's Outcasts?
>>
>>43890616
According to spoilers, she died. and a new primarch seized power, turning the capital wasteland into his kingdom
>>
>>43890616
Owyn died of Old Age, Sarah got ganked by Super Muties.

Maxson was declared Elder by the Lost Hills Elders who filled his head with notions that he is pretty much destined to be the first Maxson's second coming and usher in a blah blah blah.
>>
File: 1442084008585.png (757 KB, 700x744) Image search: [Google]
1442084008585.png
757 KB, 700x744
>>43890601
>Bethesda (mostly) builds the world, Obsidian (mostly) does the story and characters...
>Video game companies doing something right
Anon Please try to be realistic you know at the corporate level they wouldn't waste man hours like that.
>>
File: Caesar Rangers.png (363 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Caesar Rangers.png
363 KB, 640x360
>>43890576
Also "The Mighty Raping Caesar Rangers"
>>
>>43890650
weirder corporate team-ups have gotten way further than that before
>>
>>43890650
I miss the days when videogames were made by based sweaty nerds in some dank basement. Those games had grit and character.
>>
I love the power armors in FO4. They finally actually feel powerful, as opposed to how they felt in FO3 and NV and even to an extent in the original isometric games.

My only gripe is the lack of DT system, like NV had, as it is fucking annoying that some raider fuckwit with a pipe pistol can chip away at my health despite me wearing tank armor around myself.

Still, being able to drop into the middle of a bunch of degenerate raiders, send them stumbling down due to the force of the impact, and then just gun them down with impunity, never gets old.
>>
>>43890616
>>43890642
>>43890648
Sorry anon, your Waifu is Dead
>>43890698
Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a fluke and you know it!
>>
>>43890720
Yeah its actually fun to use now. Never really been a fan of power armor till now.
>>
>>43890741
>My Waifu

Like fuck she was.

>>43890702
Success is just failure deferred.
>>
>>43879912
Yeah, it was obviously the Illuminati.
>>
>>43890698
bless those with hope

>>43890720
One of the neat features in the new game

>>43890749
Wat power armour was pretty damn useful.
>>
File: koolaid.jpg (235 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
koolaid.jpg
235 KB, 600x400
>>43890749
>mfw charging trough a bunch of raiders and smashing them to bits with a super sledge.
>>
File: YqcR5tu[1].jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
YqcR5tu[1].jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>>43890762
>>
>>43890720
Try modding them in the GECK to have DR and DT and wade through hostile fire

or turn the difficulty right down

>>43890741
actually my first thought was Torchwood: Miracle Day, the core BBC working with a minor commercial American company

2nd was the Star Wars bit in the LEGO Movie
>>
>>43884338
But all that would still have meant absolutely nothing.

The NCR has better infrastructure, better technology, trade routes and peaceful towns. Its so safe and boring people move out East for excitement. So none of the atrocities the Legion commits would be justified by having safer lands.
>>
>>43890774
I just really like RPng as some random twat that can kill anything with a fork. Though my main character in f3 is all tech and fist. Lasers, hacking and power fist.
>>
>>43890821
Just modding the power armor damage resistance values wouldn't be enough. You'd need to implement a fleshed out DT and Armor penetration system to the whole game. I don't understand why Bethesda didn't simply copy the system NV had. It worked well.
>>
>>43890888
i meant improving the ones in NV (and TTW)
>>
>>43890888
>Obsidian also lost their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas, as the game failed to meet Bethesda's standard—an aggregate review score of 85 at Metacritic—by 1 point.

Because Bethesda is mean to Obsidian.
>>
>>43890888
Well they did scrap most of the RPG elements, so basically that goes down the drain as well.
They should have kept it along with NVs arsenal.

Also GECK release when?
>>
>>43890945
that was all Zenimax Corporate, it sucks but being part of Zenimax lets Beth do their thing instead of having to push something out every year just to pay everyone
>>
>>43890947

January supposedly.
>>
>>43891016
I though it was december, im getting bored of all the retexture mods.
>>
File: 1397157348412.jpg (757 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1397157348412.jpg
757 KB, 3840x2160
>>43890990
ah ok I see so could Bethesda leave the corporate and work better?
>>
>>43891058
>pic
That fourth one is stylish riot gear though, not power armour...
>>
>>43891058
Yes but they have to downsize like hell. Or go like 2k and reform into something else.
>>
>>43891072
>power armor are for pussies.
>>
>>43891072
Its just the armour that was basically the mascot for each game.
>>
>>43891058
being owned by Zenimax is a good thing for Bethesda, it means they dont need to worry as much about year on year profit because their release year profits are good enough for Corporate to cover them the rest of the time.
The only problem is Zenimax's Lawyers are quite zealous and sticklers for the rules

>>43891072
they are the Main Menu armours for all the important/canon?( what IS Beth's stance on Tactics) games
>>
>>43891162
>what IS Beth's stance on Tactics
just avoiding the issue, I think
>>
>>43891162
>what IS Beth's stance on Tactics

It...happened, it certainly happened. Except the parts that didn't happen.
>>
>>43891190
>>43891243
It is heavily implied that the Midwest BoS just outright destroyed the Calculator and declined after that according to some dialogue in Fallout 3.

tfw the Barnaky ending will never be canon
>>
File: 1410267817996.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1152) Image search: [Google]
1410267817996.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1152
>>43891103
pic related
>>
>>43891243
right, i think i get you, so its broad strokes rather than hard canon?

i keep wondering if the Midwesterners in Colorado is where Ceasar's Centurions got the bits of T-45 armour they wear
>>
>>43891329
I vaguely remember hearing about the Legion and Midwest BoS having skirmishes at the very least.
>>
>>43891349
Caesar mentions some skirmishes and something having to do with some scribes being captured.

Not much but hey, it's a good enough reference for me.
>>
So, the Enclave was the remnants of the US government, did they have any branch of the military join them? While the BoS were the Marines or something?
>>
>>43891447
The BoS were the army guards at Mariposa I'm pretty sure
>>
>>43891447
BoS were rogue army personnel who actually rebelled just before the Great War.

Enclave were just the hireups of da gubmint and they brought the best of whoever they thought they needed. Scientists, military, whatever. So one can assume the military branch is a mish mash of some special forces or secret service type of people.
>>
>>43891367
>>43891349
Wonder what the Legion's attitude towards women being in the BoS is
>>
>>43891447
the Enclave is the Illuminati/Freemason/Knights Templar/Secret Societies bit of the establishment.
Vault-Tec was one of the companies that was a part of it.

The Brotherhood of Steel is the descendants of the Army Garrison of the Mariposa Base and their dependants, who killed the scientists and left for the Lost Hills Bunkers after (Major?) Maxson found out about the FEV
>>
>>43888755
>>43888824

The thing about the NCR is that they're the only one of the four major choices that can function if it looses its leader.

The Legion dies without Ceasar; House is a faction unto himself; even in the wild card ending, you and House's security bots are what's going to be holding it together.

Any faction dependent on a single person will fail eventually. NCR at least has a chance of muddling through.
>>
>>43891546
>>43891528
>>43891511
So did the Enclave hire a bunch of escorts to fill their bunkers? I doubt there were that many women in the military or government at the time the bombs fell, I mean you got to think it was a sausage fest.
>>
>>43891546
That makes me wonder though, the BoS lost the war against the NCR, right? So didn't they all flee for their lives?

But they said it's the Lost Hills Elders that promoted Arturo Maxson.

Did the Lost Hills bunkers just buckle down and are under siege or are they pulling the wool over Maxson's eyes?
>>
>>43891621
I assumed they took their wives and family with them.
>>
>>43891638
I hate to be a Doylist, but it could just be Bethesda ignoring canon
>>
>>43891536
Probably the same as they feel about women in any other military organization
>>
>>43891546
The Midwestern branch of the Brotherhood began as an expedition to track and destroy the splinters of The Master's Super Mutant army that had headed east, and opened Vaults and recruited Tribals to boost its numbers after loosing touch/support from Lost Hills

the DC Chapter was an expedition to claim whatever useful materiel was in the remains of the Pentagon and to recover its records to track down other cashes, that stayed in the Capital Wasteland after they discovered the Eastern Super Mutants

>>43891621
...they had their families, that's kinda how secret societies work

>>43891638
Lost Hills lost contact with the rest during the NCR-BoS war, and while the area around them was occupied (becoming the NCR State of Maxson), its never explicitly stated that the NCR took the bunkers themselves, they could have made contact again sometime between NV and 4

some of them did flee to join Father Elijah at Helios One in the Mojave, and they moved to Hidden Valley under Elder McNamara
>>
>>43884047
>AJ talking shit about someone's huge forehead
>>
>>43891856
AJ can talk shit about anything of anyone no matter how hypocritical, are you gonna try and stop him?
>>
>>43891878
Eh, good point.
>>
>>43884036
It's called True Detective
>>
How uncomfortable, and difficult to move around in would the NCR's stripped down BoS power armor be? Is the only advantage that anyone without training can wear it?
>>
>>43892017
it would be like trying to move around in a suit of gothic plate armour made for someone bigger than you in every respect, with a second, even bigger suit on top, while also carrying a generator and an AC unit

there's a reason why everyone in it is guarding a fixed position
>>
>>43884475
white people did invent India (the country)
>>
>>43891709
I thought the Legion had some begrudging respect for the BoS
>>
>>43892328
no, its all derision for the weaklings reliance on technology
>>
>>43890720
Fuck you this power armour is shit
Not even because of the armor itself, which is good

But just giving you that power straight off the bat like that is pure bullshit, you should not be able to kill a deathclaw 20 minutes into the game, because that's retarded. It eliminates all actual challenge and progression. Power armour in the other games was a meaningful turning point, now it's just the Minutemen giving you roller skates and a free handjob before you even leave the first town.

I chose to never wear the power armour and the whole game is less bullshit as a result
>>
>>43892605
Its not "shit" armour its just shit that they put it in so early. Don't call the armour shit when its just bad plot design.
>>
>>43892605
>>43892652
Nvm ignore my post I skimmed it to fast.
>>
>>43891989
That's Call of Cthulu anon.
>>
>>43891989
literally all the state of Louisiana is known for
>>
>>43889574
how u get gol mang
>>
>>43892847
Don't forget the voodoo
>>
>>43880162
>whites appropriating everything
Colour me surprised.

You stormfags steal everything or rewrite it. Black pharaohs, the fact Carthage was a black African empire, Hannibal was black (his mother was African), and Cleopatra was black (her mother was also described as an ebony princess by Greeks of that day).

Meanwhile white supremacists try to rob us of our heritage by rewriting history to make everything white.
>>
>>43893552
>>43893552
>Colour me surprised
i thought your mom already did

1) only the 25th Dynasty was notably Nubian

2)a: never heard anyone white appropriating Carthage (they got their shit pushed in in the end)
b: he was North African so the same olive-tan blend as the rest of the Mediterranean coast. or are you going to say Muamar Quadaffi (my his spellings be many) is Black too?

3) Cleopatra was Ptolemaic, that means spectacularly inbred Macedonian Greek

the "Whites" didn't rob you of your heritage, you ancestors did it to themselves when they lost like bitches and sold by other blacks as slaves
>>
>>43894169
>nothing but ad homs and distortions
To be expected of a stormfag. If you guys were educated you wouldn't be racists to begin with.
>>
>>43894479
I see no ad homs in his 3 points
>>
>>43894479
laddie, im not racist or a "stormfag" (whatever they are), but if africa is so great and mighty, why dont you go back there?
>>
>>43894754
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormfront_(website)
People from here.

They organized a campaign to invade /pol/ a while back after not realizing the racism there was ironic.

It's no longer ironic.
>>
>>43894571
You must be ESL.
>>
>>43894754
>why don't you go back to the place whites raped, pillaged and left it tatters after forcing your ancestors from there at gunpoint
Gee, I dunno.

Besides, I'm happy to live and work in Europe. I'm with an organization facilitating the speedy acceptance of immigrants from Africa and the Middle East into European nations. I think it's fair turn about to have you pay to help us with your social services for what you did to our lands.
Plus at this rate we'll outnumber Europeans in Europe in 50 years. Justice.

Where will you go then?
>>
>>43895093
question.

If whites are so horrible, how did we win?
>>
>>43895093
dude, it was a shit heap before whites ever went there, when a white nation falls to another white nation its conquerors used what was good about it to make themselves better, when one of the african nations fell to africans, its conquerors dragged it back down into the shit
>>
>>43895140
What did you win?
>>
>>43895191
Take a history course, kid. There were many African empires and cities. The richest man in history was a pre-colonization African.
>>
>>43895205
You certainly don't see white people bitching about being oppressed, or being slandered in the media, or allowing their entire continent to be pillaged.
>>
>>43895093
>destroy own homeland
>blame it on whitey
>flee your own ruined homeland to whitey's homeland with intent of destroying it too
>justice

Well, okay.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.