[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: general.jpg (353 KB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
general.jpg
353 KB, 1014x761
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Aun'Va is dead, long live Eldar corsairs edition
>>
>>43873770
First for pask is alive and well
>>
Second for why do people hate Shadowsun with such burning intensity, is it because she's a successful working Tau who don't need no man?
>>
About to go buy a set of 3 grav cents and a drop pod to go along with my custom built Sevrin Loth and my Red Scorpions army. How much of a shitlord am I for doing that?
>>
>>43873845

No silly, it's because she's black.
>>
Anon from last night who was uploading screenshots of mont'ka. Willing to proof check, provide answers, provide new rules/formations etc. I also have tempest and Imperial armour v1e2 if any one wants anything from there.
>>
>>43873845
she's got a really ugly face and they refuse to wear the badass XV22 helmet

Shadowsun is also the one thing stopping tau players from getting a proper, customizable stealth-suit commander.
>>
>>43873900

Where my Broadside commander at?
>>
>>43873940
Where's my hazard commander?
>>
>>43873808

>and well

That part is debatable.
>>
Someone has a link for I Am Slaughter?
I can't wait next week to buy the hardcover.
>>
File: eldar corsair.jpg (387 KB, 638x1049) Image search: [Google]
eldar corsair.jpg
387 KB, 638x1049
>>43873770

My body is ready for the Corsair leak.
>>
>>43873965
He's well enough to not be dead
>>
>>43873955

There's a named one.

Hazards kinda need a discount though: Mainly because whilst they pay an on paper fair price for their seven assigned hardpoint slots, that also jacks their cost relative to durability a bit too far.

Secondarily because their weapon upgrades are costed as if they're being straight up bought, instead of swapped for the 15 point Twin-Linked Burst Cannon they're replacing. So if you take a non-burst cannon Hazard it's even more overpriced.
>>
>>43873900
>The ultimate Monat
Kais incomming. Steal commander with Vesu´r R´alai like stats. The dream!!!
>>
>>43874019
or just an XV-22 with two weapon hardpoints

shadowsun wouldn't be so shit if she could use a missile pod and something that isn't a fusion blaster
>>
A Monat as badass as an Imperial Assassin with a similar inability to join or be joined by stuff would be really cool.
>>
Although it was another anon that asked for help for it, I am now curious myself in terms of making a Blood Angels anti-meta army. Aight so we got some Librarians for support, a scout crew for shenanigans/objectives, and Stormtalons/Stormravens for flyers that shit on Scatbike type shit. What is the best option here for heavy as fuck anti armor/vehicle firepower since Blood Amgels can't have Dev Centurions with Grav Cannons?
>>
>>43874010
Yeah, like 65 points apiece.
IA 14 featuring tau will be good.
>>
>>43874053
Having them be on the level of an assassin would be a bit much.
>>
>>43874041

Man, by the time the XV-22 moves out of testing and becomes the production model XV-25-02, Future Tau are going to be absurdly strong.

Not that the timeline will ever get to that point, but you could also expect other common suits to be more advanced in a similar way.
>>
>>43874053
Well you can use R´alai. Actually is really badass. A little overprice but still, a monster of himself.

Maybe in the 170 points will be really good.
>>
Oh and I realized for my Rogue Trader army that a Vanus Assassin makes most sense narratively. But they don't have a model. What makes most sense for a Vanus Temple assassin?
>>
>>43874092
I don't even want advancement. I just like options for generic HQs.

The fireblade was a start, even if he looks like a tard.
>>
>>43874041
Well I often use Captain Sundere with crisis teams, and always perform. Maybe because we always play with alot of scenery. You know, killing a tough unit and give them the midle finger with your 3d6 retromove is always really refreshing
>>
>>43874136

Yeah, I wasn't talking for tabletop, just imagining what Tau a few decades on with XV22 production models as their standard stealth suit would be like.

...I'd imagine that army would have a crazy low model count like Grey Knights or lower if it existed in tabletop form.
>>
File: 3rd Cruddex.gif (621 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
3rd Cruddex.gif
621 KB, 500x267
>>43870712
>More Cruddace
Oh yeay...

>>43871574
>but the battlebox units were built that way so that's what I did, mostly
You poor bastard...
>>
>>43873879
Any legitimacy to the claims the Tau destroyed an entire Titan Legion and got Webway/ Warp travel, or was that just bait?
>>
File: Starting of the last DLC.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Starting of the last DLC.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
It's time. I for one am glad that there is no skub caused by this. I've been wondering how the Hive Tyrant is the only hero the Nids needed for this game, but what if the Nids got three other heroes? Alpha Lictor, Alpha Warrior and Alpha Ravenor? I don't see why that would be needed, but the idea of Nids arguing with each other is sort of funny.
>>
>>43874205
Well always is posible. Maybe a option for small elites armys, or the more balance aproach that we have now.

On the other side, in a tau vs tau confrontation, the more balance list will be retking really hard the XV22 army.
>>
>>43874280
b8 m8

>>43874304
A broodlord would make sense for a tyranid hero. Or some kind of cult magos.
>>
>>43874280
Bait. But they really wreck a IK company. If not for the ultimate Mary Sue (Obsidian Knight), all the Tybalt House will be dead.
>>
>>43874304

Hive tyrant for mix 'n' match
broodlord for glass cannon chop
Zoanthrope for psychic buffs/support
>>
File: Knight_Commander_Pask2.jpg (254 KB, 858x1121) Image search: [Google]
Knight_Commander_Pask2.jpg
254 KB, 858x1121
>>43873965

Motherfucker already looked like he kisses chainswords for funsies, and this is hardly the first tank he's survived. He might take a bit, but he'll be fine.
>>
>>43874324
>A broodlord would make sense for a tyranid hero. Or some kind of cult magos.
I can dig that. I still say there would be offended screeing though.
>>
>>43874304
Pick Space Marines of you want canon shit, and with Avitus turning on you, you on a pretty good path to that. Also Diomedes is OP as fuck when maxed out along with Eliphas. You wanna honestly only do Space Marines and Orks cuz the campaign is the exact same shit no matter who you pick. So Space Marines for canon Orks for some hilariously awesome dialogue.
>>
>>43874354
The obsidian knight is more like the Legion of the Damned now. Part chaos fuckery, part fuck you.
>>
>>43874358
Who would be the fourth hero?
>>43874376
I say the marine ending, Ork ending, and IG ending are the best endings.
>>
>>43874359
This is the fucker who denied piloting a baneblade, because he would rather command a russ instead, and was bad ass enough to not be executed on the spot for such words. Do you think he would be that easy to kill?
>>
>>43874409

>Who would be the fourth hero?

Shit I dunno. Assuming not going with a ripper swarm for comedy option maybe pick lictor for maximum sneak.
>>
>>43874359
And you know, not was wreck by hamerheads nobody´s, was longstrike himself that retk him.
>>
>>43874461
Lictor. Now to start Retribution. I can't use some of the wargear from the past two campaigns can I?
>>
>>43874000
Wait, what's going on with Corsairs?
>>
>>43874490

Do you like dark eldar?
Do you like eldar?
Do you like the ulthwe strike force?

Well good for you! Get the best of all three worlds and fuck downsides.
>>
>>43874481
Can you english gooder?
>>
>>43874437
Well actually a really good decision. You know his leman was wreck but ultimate he leave. On the other side, TWO baneblades get retk, pretty bad.
>>
Reposting in search of help:

How are librarians in a pure Ravenwing lists?

Thinking about bringing one to ride with my Interrogator chap in the Ravenwing command squad for 1250.

I never used a pskyer before? Which power would I hope to roll for?

Can I have two Mace's of redemptions in the same CAD?

I have a Sammael I was originally going to take but if I get a librarian (or tell people my sammael is a librarian?) I could bring two attack bikes with meltas to add to the lone land speeder (and give that two meltas) on my list for a Ravenwing Attack Squad formation
>>
>>43874509
My fault, third language. Will be better with the time.
>>
>>43874490

Their ancient ass rules are getting an update with an update to the Doom of Mymerea book.
>>
>>43874541
things without names get killed

yarrick has a baneblade
if pask had a baneblade he'd be similarly invulnerable
>>
File: You have Captain Diomedes.png (1 MB, 1280x870) Image search: [Google]
You have Captain Diomedes.png
1 MB, 1280x870
>>
>>43874565
Hey, all the I use others lemmans like cover, was really badass. A trully IG hero.
>>
>>43874609
Shame he ditched his helmet. Dude was a champ with it.

Relic's space marine voice effect was the shit.
>>
>>43874565
Hey the kill space pope after all.
And the actually really badass ethereal, is still in Commorragh.
>>
>>43874010
The basic XV9 is actually very cheap for what you get. If a regular battlesuit could buy the same stuff (2 twinlinked burst cannons, vectored retrothrusters and another support system), it'd end up costing more than the hazard suit, despite the hazard suit also having higher toughness and defensive grenades.
The problem is that all their weapon upgrades are extremely expensive, so if you want to give them any guns better that burst cannons they get really pricey.
>>
Okay Imma simplify my question so someone will actually answer: melta, missiles, or las cannons for destroying heavily armored vehicles?

>>43874485
None of them this is brand new shit goes from lvl 1-10 all over again.

>>43874550
Good. Use them to protect the heavy duty units. Very versatile otherwise, too.
>>
>>43874205
The XV22 is just a stealth suit with two weapon hardpoints and a 5++ save. I think them getting rail rifles for every Fire Warrior (something they're supposed to be working on in the fluff) would have a bigger effect.
>>
>>43874704
He sounded better with it.
>>43874798
>None of them this is brand new shit goes from lvl 1-10 all over again.
The Custode armor evades me again.
>>
>>43874798
Depends on the armor. Missile launchers aren't that good for av13+. Lascannons are good, but cover saves are easy. Melta is sure to penetrated if you get close enough, and has the highest chance of outright destroying your target. But again, jink and low volume of shots hurt.

You can't rely on a low number of shots and the damage table anymore. Over saturation with s:7-8 usually does better. That's why autocannons are so prevalent.

But out of those 3, if you could get close enough through jet packs or drop pods or the like, multiple meltas are perfect.
>>
File: FTL.jpg (16 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
FTL.jpg
16 KB, 300x310
>>43874844
>>
>>43874776

Wrong, did the math: The Hazard is 10 points more than a Crisis with equivalent equipment, if you value defensive grenades at 5 points. Seems fair for a point of toughness to be +10 points on paper, but you aren't getting a great deal because of it ultimately being a 75 point model that must buy at least one mandatory upgrade, with two wounds.

Doesn't need a very big bulk buy discount- 65 would do absolutely fine, but it's just edged into no way territory by a slim margin.
>>
>>43874399
He's the new green knight.
>>
>>43874798
Fuck missiles
Melta is more reliable than Las in close but it will most likely result in said unit dying next turn.
Las is more reliable for AV less than 14
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread, so please feel free to direct me to a more appropriate one, but has anyone bought anything off the seller "laura-hook"? What can you say to the quality of the minis?
>>
>>43874798

>Okay Imma simplify my question so someone will actually answer: melta, missiles, or las cannons for destroying heavily armored vehicles?

Point for point melta reigns king for tank killing, at the cost of range. Given though the likes of drop pods, rhinos and whatnot exist melta is generally the solution to every vehicle based problem.

Bonus option: grav weapons which tear vehicles in half.
>>
>>43874844

Right: So future Tau have 5++ on every unit by standard (Guardian drones getting rolled out more, plus if a stealth suit can fit a hardwired 5++ you can be sure everything bigger will get it), Railgun fire warriors, dual weilding stealth suits...

Presumably bigger models will get nice stuff too. Standard Iridium plating seems likely. High output burst cannons replacing the modern ones on crisis plus other, Unknown weapon advancements.

Dual weilding Ghostkeels and Riptides would be absolute bastards.

Next gen Tau are scary.
>>
>>43875026

But can next gen Tau fix the Coldstar?
>>
>>43875126
>Coldstar with fusion blasters
uh oh
>>
>>43875126

I choose to believe that... Thing in the new Codex isn't the space ops crisis suit the 6th ed codex called the Coldstar.

Burst cannons would be kinda shitty in a void war, and the flight mechanic is awkward as fuck.
>>
Lookit those itty bitty crappy pasted models
>>
Why isn't the Coldstar just a new configuration for the Crisis suits? They should work as a squadron of flying creatures in the next codex or something.
>>
File: Tabletop Tactics.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tabletop Tactics.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What's your favorite YouTube batrep channel and why is it Tabletop Tactics?
>>
File: reallynow.jpg (414 KB, 1531x1023) Image search: [Google]
reallynow.jpg
414 KB, 1531x1023
>>43875182
whoops
>>
>>43875026
That's pretty much the reason the High Lords and Inquisition consider Tau to be a serious problem rather than just another minor xenos race. They're pretty insignificant now, but wait 200 years and Imperial stuff will still be the same while every firewarrior will be running around with s6 ap1 weapons.
>>
>>43875231
StrikingScorpion82's ones are the best, IMO. They just play the damn game with a minimum of tossing about and waving the camera around in front of their faces as if we care what they look like.
>>
>>43875221

If you really want them to be super mobile without asshole forced snapfire guys in a fucking unit, can I suggest just making them jump AND jet?

And pay out the nose for it.
>>
>>43875231

I prefer summary based youtube reports as so few people can into editing. A simple turn by turn summary is more than enough rather than watching 2 hours of idiots get the rules wrong.
>>
>>43875242

And what if they crack reverse engineering Gene Seed tech, making themselves WS/BS/S/T/I 4?
>>
>>43875231
I kinda like MiniWarGaming.
>>
>>43874962
Grav's not an option cuz I am asking for Blood Angels who don't have the Dev Centurion option to take advantage of grav. Tryna do "let's try making an anti-meta team with one of the shittiest armies" thing with them, and not not sure what's the best anti armor for WKs and Riptides so I asked.

>>43874950
>>43874892
Sounds like drop pod Sternguard meltas are where it's at.
>>
>>43874869
Don't hold high expectations for Retribution it's the weak link in the series single player wise. The best in balance multiplayer wise since canola DoW though.
>>
File: Round Three.png (1 MB, 1280x872) Image search: [Google]
Round Three.png
1 MB, 1280x872
Fight time.
>>
>>43875366
Vanilla not canola autocorrect is having fun in Curacao
>>
>>43875366
>>43875393
Your autocorrect seems to be having Warp perils. What's power good for in Retribution?
>>
>>43874961
One of my friends has a tyranid hierophant from them. Better quality than you mart had, and they even pinned the legs for stability. Haven't had any other orders though, so I can't say for sure
>>
>>43875366
> it's the weak link in the series single player wise.

Maybe so, but not having to play as the Space Marines makes up for it IMO.
>>
>>43875323

Well a Crisis Suit gives a +1 toughness boost... And that guy suggested Iridium as standard, so that would mean T6 2+ 5++ Crisis Suits.
>>
>>43875414
Not much in DoW2 in general don't waste too much time with those req is much more important.

>>43875426
If only every campaign wasn't the exact same.
>>
>>43875443

>T7 2+ 5++ Hazards and Ghostkeels
>T8 Riptides

Future Tau are wanky as fuck.
>>
File: tau.jpg (208 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
tau.jpg
208 KB, 900x900
Hey, Imperial brothers!
We get it, your faction is basically unkillable because you have a virtually infinite number of ressources and manpower.
We get that our perfected technology is pissing you off so much that you call it "Plot armor", which probably refers to some kind of advanced technology you people already met during your campaigns.
Still, we don't have an unlimited number of warriors like you do, and we have to fight for our lives. Litterally. Also, we lost our greatest leader in this war.
We both know the upper forces at work in our world won't allow one of our factions to be wiped out. They probably have their reasons to do so. So, please, let's agree on the fact that we're just facing another stalemate, and let's keep fighting for the future. Our culture may have so much to trade with yours! Don't ruin this, Gue'La, for the Greater Good.
>>
File: Final Thule for Chaos Rising.png (2 MB, 1280x996) Image search: [Google]
Final Thule for Chaos Rising.png
2 MB, 1280x996
He's going to be back for DoW 3 right, guys?
>>
>>43875499

>not gorgutz

ONE JOB
>>
>>43875231
GMG for me, but only because I know most of the people on it.
>>
File: Cyrus.jpg (8 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus.jpg
8 KB, 207x207
>>43875486
Not a single member of your race can be as cheesy one man.
>>43875517
I'm surprised he wasn't in DoW 2 at all. Maybe he's going to be in the next game.
>>
>>43875499
He better be. There also better be more factions, not less in the next DoW.
>>
>>43874798
Missile Launchers are great for when you want a generalist long range squad, with AP3 hits that outright murder anything T4 or lower that also are decent against vehicles, or horde-clearing waves of blast templates.
However, they're expensive and give no bonus to the vehicle damage table.

Lascannons are your best long-range solution to armor, giving a bonus to damage tables as well as having enough strength to Penetrate often enough.
However, they're still slightly expensive, and the shots are wasted on anything less than TEQs. Horde armies will be your downfall.

Melta is cheap and effective, and when withing 6 inches will almost always pen, and gives the biggest boon to the damage table.
The downside is that 6 inches is close enough to have the enemy spit at you. Melta is often given to suicide deepstrikes or requires a transport to get them close.
>>
>>43875499
Davian Cool for dat Venerable Dreadnought hero spot in DoW3 please.
>>
>>43875548
With all of the new things since DoW 2? Centurions and what not.
>>43875583
Just believe, Anon. Just believe.
>>
>>43875260
I love the models and terrain on his channel but holy fuck his written storytelling is contrived and I cant stand his whispering British voice.
>>
Could never understand why all the hate towards DoW voiceacting.
Of course it is over the top, but I can't imagine it otherwise in 40k. Fits the setting well and I think the job was done well.
>>
>>43875575
That's the thing man. I feel like if I am depending too much on luck with Lacannons but while the Sternguard melts drop pod's great it suicidal as fuck and will have probs the enemy left with 1 WK if it's about "kill everything"
>>
>>43875616
>With all of the new things since DoW 2?
I have an absurd expectation of seeing everything in DoW3, having it an insane mix of 1 and 2 with everything that exists now. I want to have all upgrade options, all vehicle variants, etc. I want my entire IG codex in at least.

Basically I want to hear the sound of a Stormlord and a squad of Punishers fire away at a horde of Orks or Tyranids. Then the sound of a Commissar executing cowardly conscripts that don't want to hold the line to keep the endless xeno tide from my tanks.

Even though I have my doubts, the moment DoW3 is up for pre-order I'm getting it and hoping it won't be awful.
>>
>>43875673
If you're looking for cheap, disposable Melta-drops, you could try Land Speeders.
>>
>>43875673
Melta sternguards in drop pods is the best shit ever.

Taking out two enemy units in turn one is fucking great. Get more and you can potentially take out six different targets on turn one if you have five drop pods total with stern guards in three of them.

Sure sometimes it's a goat fuck at you just blew 700 points, but that's how real men do it.
>>
File: Balsilca of Torment for you.png (1 MB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
Balsilca of Torment for you.png
1 MB, 1280x874
>>43875716
Let's all hope that Eldar aren't cheesy in DoW 3 too. Do we really need another Dawn of the Eldar? Otherwise we'll end up like pic related. But I still want to fire the corpse missiles. I wonder if Abaddon will be in it too. Maybe as the Chaos superheavy unit or something.
>>
>>43875499
Oooooh...
I don't have the heart to tell him...
>>
>>43875716
I very much doubt you'd get all the vehicle variants, seeing how many there are.
>>
>>43875952
I imagine you would see a few like you build a normal russ and you can upgrade it with a oubnisher for dat dakka, an executioner for dat squad melter or a demolisher for dat FUCK YOU.
>>
Apollo does get a helmet in the game. Also got me that armor of the martyr and that mortis axe. Pretty good gear but I don't remember getting them from that first level. Oh well, got tactical marines employed so things are good.
>>
>>43875583
I'm hoping he appears in Eternal Crusade's story mode, if they have one. I think Blood Ravens are in it.
>>
>>43875833
>Dawn of the Eldar?
Having a bonesinger teleport and force my squads in CC was horrible. I never got far enough to deal with any other bullshit they had. I'm not good at RTS, but I'd be willing to learn for DoW3.

Hopefully they have stuff like renegades and do justice for Chaos Daemons. I don't think we'll ever see an ally feature (play two factions at once), even though it could be a fun idea.

>>43875952
It's a lot to ask for, I'd be happy even if it was treated as a weapon upgrade like you would a Plasma Gun for a squad.
>>
>>43875992
>Apollo does get a helmet in the game
I seem to remember it being DLC, or a pre-order bonus.

And it didn't give him the fucking awesome vox filter, so it's shit.
>>
>>43875991
>>43876006
Having all the extra stuff is for mods, I'd much rather have tight core gameplay than an overload of options
>>
Just ordered some Perry Civil minatures. Gonna convert them for 30k/40k.

Anyone have experience with them before?

I'm guessing they'll be more true-scale which might suck compared to Solar Auxilia as they are nearly as big as Space Marines.
>>
>>43875727
That's what I have the scouts equipped with. Multi melts Landspeeders with Meltagun Sarge.

>>43875772
Shit it's a couple squads at 160-320 each. If a 160 5 man melta squad can down one 295 point Wraithknight then it's all good. It would look like

---HQ---
2-3 Librarians

---Troops---

2 Scouts with Landspeeder DTs

---Elites---

3 Metla gun 5 man Sternguards with meltas

---Fast Attack---

Some assault squads and some Stormtalons

---Heavy Support---

Stormravens and idk maybe Devastators with Lascannanons if leftover points/space
>>
>>43873848

I am jelly. I want to Red Scorpions but tacticals are a shit and I don't want to use them.
>>
File: It is the Baneblade.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
It is the Baneblade.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>43876006
There better be more than Khorne daemons.
>>43876023
That might have been why I got it.
>>
>>43875333
>StrikingScorpion82
they would be better if Dave did not stop playing CSM and started these faggy demons.
And they only use battle mats, none of their old terrain anymore.
I like that they start 30k now but they also increased output of purely gibberish videos - why would I care why who of them choses which army and why. Watching a video where total strangers talk about why they like Legion XY best or cannot decide is one of the most pathetic timewastes in life.

All Batreps that I have seen are done with non-professional filming methods... why does nobody put that damn camera on a tripod for fucks sake and shake it around faster than anyone can see any of the details they wanna show?
>>
>>43875833
I honestly want a combination of Dawn of War 2 and Total War in terms of DoW3. The tactics shit was good in DoW2, but we need higher numbers/higher scale. To make it more like TT/fluff, it also makes sense to have Total War style unit selection instead of bases/base building.
>>
>>43875499
I hope they make real chapters playable, not these imaginary blood magpies without a codex and with unknown first founding.
>>
>>43876234
>but they also increased output of purely gibberish videos

These sort of videos are a huge draw for me. I like to paint or write along to background conversation so I'll put on something like that. In the past I've used gaming podcasts like Co-Optional or Super Best Friends. I need more content like this because I go through it so fast.
>>
>>43876234
yeah, i've seen better camera work and editing in porn or syfy original movies. my guess is they don't know or wanna learn camera/video work
>>
>>43875486
You know what? I'm a die-hard the-Emperor-did-nothing-wrong Imperiumfag, and I don't really have a problem with the end of Mont'ka. Because of what it is. This is an Imperium-style victory for the Tau. They held the planet, at the cost of irreplaceable lives (replace with "war machines" or some such for Imperium comparison), their greatest leader, and any particular reason to hold the planet. They've been stalled long enough that 999M41 will end before they can start the Fourth Sphere Expansion, so here we stand. Their empire is now being led by a hologram to avoid the morale loss, which is proper grimdark.

Keep it up Xeno. You'll fit this setting yet.
>>
>>43876269
That sounds great.
>>43876294
>not these imaginary blood magpies without a codex and with unknown first founding.
>unknown first founding
Something's wrong with that whole thing just like pic related. The Ravens have been mentioned in WD and in Deathwatch. Now to what I want to know. Why is there Alpha legion? Are they mad about Sindri and Carron's warbands getting destroyed or have they decided to fool around with the Ravens for fun? I saw their marines in the clip when you start the game but why add more traitor legions when the Black Legion is already here?
>>
>>43875348
A command squad will get you more meltas for cheaper.
>>
>>43876157
Yeah tacticals aren't the best, but damn these Calth ones look sick. Plus I need more bodies on the table since I'm allying Grey Knights for 2 Dreadknights.
>>
>>43876158
I HAVE FACED MORE FEARSOME TAAAANKS
>>
>>43876429
>Why is there Alpha legion?
probably something to do with them serving the demon in the maledictum
>>
>>43876464
Haven't heard that line in game yet.
>>43876475
But that would mean that they're the same marines from the first game.
>>
>>43876157
But red scorps get tacticals with FnP, how great is that!
>>
>>43876514
maybe

it feels like they wanted to tie the first and second games together, but forgot to let the player control Gabe
>>
File: googlyguard.png (95 KB, 211x210) Image search: [Google]
googlyguard.png
95 KB, 211x210
>>43876154
The thing is that you can cram 10 sternguards into a drop pod as two combat squads, they will disembark as two different units. It's the one exception to the rule about combat squads in transports. That'll allow for two targets taken down from one drop pod. It also allows you to mix it up with fiddy/fiddy meltas and flamers to take out the armoured target and the horde right next to it.
>>
>>43876437
Well, the combi weapons give the Sternguard special ammo. If those are not worth it at this point so Imma do command squad cuz those do in fact do it for cheaper.
>>
>>43876537
>flamers
I sure hope you don't do this
Sternguard can shoot flamer-profile bolts without having to be way too fucking close
>>
>>43876157
Scouts>>>>tacticals these days, friend
>>
>>43876269
Sounds like a good idea, large scale battles will feel a lot better and Total War size will definitely give breathing room for aircraft to circle around and act as they should. It also shouldn't be as awkward seeing those mod Super-heavies and Titans in 1v1 maps.
>>
>>43876537
Ummmm>>43876546 guy beat me to it. If Imma split it would be melta/plasma since I don't have anything particularly for TEQs, but running TEQs these days in the meta's dumb do I doubt I'll see that.
>>
>>43876571
The meta in my area still digs hordes, some pretty nasty ones at that too. It's not about profiles, but templates.
>>
>>43876577
>these days
every days

I don't think tacticals have ever been the top spot for basic marine infantry.
>>
>>43876642
>tfw have 40 tacticals

I really want to use them, but it's usually just such a massive let down.
>>
>>43876642
But I love tacticals, they're just so cool!

Would it help if I ran them basic in 5 man squads to throw down anti-infantry fire and join in fights?
>>
>>43876634
I see it as an inefficient use of points is just how I see it.
>>
>>43876634
Well, I already am taking flyers to deal with infantry so no Flamers needed though that 10 man idea's good.

>>43876642
Seriously? Been only TT war gaming for 3 months now so as soon as I entered into the fray, the scouts were better at least in this edition. I only run Tacs in my narrative based Rogue Trader army cuz they look cool and fits the 1st edition Rogue Trader thing.
>>
>>43876694
I should have proofread that sentence is what I should have done.
>>
>>43876704

>. I only run Tacs in my narrative based Rogue Trader army cuz they look cool and fits the 1st edition Rogue Trader thing.

That really is all the justification you need. 40k is fairly neatly divided between people who build armies they think are cool and armies built to destroy. The only wiggle room isp layer skill.
>>
>>43875499
Pretty sure he dies to Eliphas
>>
>>43876676
demi battle company maybe? i hear with ultramarine tactics and calgar it does alright, i think it gets ranked high in tournaments
>>
>>43876690
I think the only time they were used seriously was back when the 6-man lasplas meta was around. Early fourth edition, I think?
>>
>>43876535
Maybe they wanted to introduce new characters.
>>43876802
In the Chaos campaign. And again Eliphas had a tendency to go after him a lot the last mission in Chaos Rising.
>>
>>43876676
Use em anyway, you can still shred the monsters.
>>
File: She gets a mask.png (2 MB, 1280x996) Image search: [Google]
She gets a mask.png
2 MB, 1280x996
Krieger dress code is applied to even Inquisitors.
>>
>>43876704
I took out two soul grinders in one turn with a 10 man pod. Leaving such a massive hole in you opponents army also greatly increases the sternguards' life expetancy afterwards. They proceeded to wipe out some daemonettes and cause wounds to some other vehicles and remained in the game for quite a while.
>>
>>43876758
Yeah. Like when I read the main codex, the concept of there being three aspects to what you make (fluff/narrative, wargaming, painting) really hit me. That's why my two 40k armies, a 1st edition Rogue Trader style (Inquisition/Assasinorum/Crimson Fists/IG/Eldar detachments all battle-forged) and Dark Eldar armies both have like a narrative behind them and everything. With this Blood Angels I want them to feel a bit competitive just so they can actually win against stuff, but ultimately I just wanna build them cuz I wanna do a narrative based on my frustrations on the Blood Angels. Them sucking is part of the narrative. Just like my depression puts life on hard mode, the Blood Angels' codex is Space Marines on hard mode. Also Red Thirst/Black Rage reminds me of me when I succumb to my alcoholism/depression.
>>
>>43877005
Yeah, I chose Star Phantoms for the same reason. They remind me when I destroyed my schools water system with "fireworks"
>>
File: 1417734711479.jpg (25 KB, 550x302) Image search: [Google]
1417734711479.jpg
25 KB, 550x302
>>43877005

I have a 13th co. army.
I played DE in 3rd ed.
I have a SoB army
I currently play orks
I am a borderline alcoholic
I am living the dream
>>
>>43875231
That guy on TableTop Tactics is such an insufferable, pretentious cunt. I fucking hate him, he shits all over his dumb friends with OP lists and he actually thinks he's good. He can't win without a broken list and he only posts reports he wins
>>
>>43876970
That's the only DLC I don't have for DoW2. Is there a single player campaign? I haven't really found that answer anywhere I've looked.
>>
>>43876352
I don't think people really grasp the scale of just how badly the Tau lost in Mont'ka.

The Third Sphere Expansion, all of it, was beyond the Damocles Gulf. The same Gulf that is now an impassible inferno. Every planet of the Third Sphere right now is either destroyed or isolated from the Empire. The Tau didn't just lose one world, an important figurehead and lots of manpower or tech, they lost a full third of their entire Empire.

This was a full blown Imperium victory. Yeah it wasn't the way they wanted to win (or at least not the way the Guard wanted to win, given how smug the Mechanicum was about the affair), but whatever they lost in that battle isn't even a drop in the bucket to a full third of the Imperium.
>>
CORSAIRS WHEN
>CORSAIRS WHEN
CORSAIRS WHEN
>CORSAIRS WHEN
CORSAIRS WHEN
>CORSAIRS WHEN
CORSAIRS WHEN
>CORSAIRS WHEN
>>
I like this color scheme.
>>43877136
Yes. yes there is.
>>
>>43876352
Well at a certain point Tau High Command can just say Aun'va died of age considering he's as old as Farsight
>>
>>43877099
>I played DE in 3rd ed.
they had two army lists and were both solid, if kind of one-note glass cannons

I mean yeah the miniatures were god awful, but
>>
>>43877194
last thread
>>
>>43877194
check the archive, the book has been leaked
>>
File: spaceshark.jpg (29 KB, 236x476) Image search: [Google]
spaceshark.jpg
29 KB, 236x476
>>43876813
>>43876928
I'm considering running them as Cachradrons and just try to overwhelm my opponent in close combat because the thought taking combat knives to my opponents appeals to me and I always loved Space Sharks.
>>
>>43877233
>>43877236

teegee is the best :^)
>>
>>43877215

Technically 3 lists, if you count the rulebook. Though admittedly I only used the revised codex (oh yay, we get vehicle upgrades).

Ironically enough the base lsit I built then hasn't changed a great deal in over a decade - all i've really done is switched out 10 wyches for 4 grotesques as no matter how hard I tried I could not make wyches work once overwatch became A Thing.

I still use my 3rd ed raiders (though I replaced the ravagers as fuck those old metal/plastic hybrids) and rapeface archon.
>>
File: Take Nids out on a test drive.png (2 MB, 1112x890) Image search: [Google]
Take Nids out on a test drive.png
2 MB, 1112x890
>>43877199
Why do I keep making these mistakes?
>>43877208
Why can't they just say that anyway?
>>
>>43877301
Too close to the rumors of his death, probably, but also even a natural death would hurt the empire.
>>
>>43877073
Nice!
>>43877099
Ha. My Dark Eldar's narrative is about a Haemonculus who falls in love with a red haired Eldar craft world chick but eventually succumbs to his addictions cuz of the Slaanesh incident/Fall. He still misses her but is still addicted; he's a member of the Hex so his artistic works are all based on her cuz he still cares for her. My love life. Living the dream indeed!
>>
File: 390px-StarPhantomIA10.jpg (20 KB, 390x599) Image search: [Google]
390px-StarPhantomIA10.jpg
20 KB, 390x599
>>43877268
Why overwhelm your oponent with a knife in close combat when you can overwhelm your enemies with an RPG in close combat.

Pic very much related
>>
>been playing DoW2 due to DoW2 anon
>Give Terminator armour to Hairgel, he has like 169 armour now
>Tarkus has a Lv.20 Plasma Gun, so 3 of the squad have Plasma Gun
>Avitus just pew pews, but has an ancient bolter
>Thule is Venerable, but is max range and a bit melee, but I didn't get to choose these, still decent enough to kill shit
>Thaddeus is great but too weak
>I never use Cyrus

Can't wait till Chaos Rising.
>>
>>43877208
They can say he died, yeah. But Aun'Va was a master of propaganda and diplomacy, and they can't get that back with a hologram.
>>
File: 1448722822706.png (352 KB, 493x586) Image search: [Google]
1448722822706.png
352 KB, 493x586
FUCKING IMPERIALS! GET THE FUCK OFF MY SEPT!! AUN'VA FUCKING DAMNIT!
>>
File: dscf3730[1].jpg (649 KB, 2000x1202) Image search: [Google]
dscf3730[1].jpg
649 KB, 2000x1202
Centurion Armor becomes a 2W model with 3+.
On death during a shooting phase, place a Space Marine model with single bolt pistol (if ranged) or frag grenades (if melee) where the original model was removed.
If killed during an Assault phase, neither variant may place their model down to replace them, as they cannot evacuate their armor. The assault centurion, however, will detonate his frag grenades. Place a Blast Marker over the center of the assault centurion killed in melee, and resolve hits against all models under the marker as though they were hit by a frag grenade. These hits occur at the initiative step of 1.

Y/N
Why does the Imperium care about terminator armor anymore? Centurions are better, and also able to be reproduced quickly, and that's goddamn stupid.
>>
>>43877461
Terminators are cooler.
>>
>>43877461

You have it wrong, centurion armour is the retarded one 'cuz GW wanted shooty marines but refused to bulk up terminators.
>>
>>43877436
>i mentioned this when this picture came out

What's the Tau equivalent of "REEEEE"?

R'EEEE?
>>
>>43877461
>>43877489
>>43877501
Sounds like GW are retarded
>>
Can't we all agree its time the Tau got squatted an replaced with a much better, more attractive, taller, stronger, blue-er, race?
>>
>>43877428

Aun'Va also explicitly orchestrated the entire Damocles Crusade deliberately as a fucked up power grab/attempt to justify increased militance.

They'll be better off without the just as keikaku team killing fucktard.
>>
File: 1433417955785.jpg (11 KB, 249x241) Image search: [Google]
1433417955785.jpg
11 KB, 249x241
>>43877541
>>
>>43877508
"Reeeee" yells out Sha'so Pep'ae meme-star in moon runes.
>>
>>43877461
Not sure. I think that Centurion armor is meant to be the modern era 40k's Terminator equivalent. Which is fine cuz honestly Terminators are a Heresy era thing at this point.
>>
>>43877166

Not a full third given that the Third Sphere of Expansion wasn't finished and were made of recently conquered worlds. Still a big loss until communication is re-established with the 3 Septs.
>>
Exactly how unfluffy would giving all my Space Marines MKVI armor be? For non-Raven Guard that is.
>>
>>43877541
>Expects cute Draenei
>Gets Jayke Soolee

40K already has cat, people, anyway.
>>
Lore wise terminator armour is getting rare and centurion armour is being used to supplement the need for heavy mobile ground weapons
>>
File: 1391603473709.png (269 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
1391603473709.png
269 KB, 500x436
Has anyone redone this one with an Eversor on top of a Shield Drone? Because that is pretty literally what happens in Mont'ka.
>>
>>43877626
Which Chapter? If it's an early Founding or has close ties with its Progenitor, a good supply of relic gear is entirely possible.
>>
>>43877626
All my Crimson Fists in my Rogue Trader army have it. Mainly for the fact that it's what they are wearing on the 1st edition codex's cover.

Also intend to give it to my Blood Angels, too. Beakie helms are too cool.
>>
File: longstrike.jpg (501 KB, 1353x871) Image search: [Google]
longstrike.jpg
501 KB, 1353x871
>>
>>43876970
>Spending $7 for krieg skin DLC
>>
>>43877686
Blood Angels.
>>
>>43877461
>Why does the Imperium care about terminator armor anymore? Centurions are better, and also able to be reproduced quickly, and that's goddamn stupid.
Because you can't swing a thunderhammer round your head and duel heretics in Centurion armour.

Also what kind of commander uses a fucking exo-suit, that just screams pussy.
>>
>>43877712
I got the Grandmaster collection.
>>
>>43877541
I'll rather endure the tau fags than the na'vi fags.
>>
>>43877741
Exo-suit is as pussy as power armor. This would make sense if Marines never wore any kind of armor. Besides, TH/SS may look cool, but assault centurions are more effective than TH/SS Terminators.
>>
>>43877712
>Spending 1000 dollars for a krieg army irl.
>>
>>43877337
Just say it was peaceful and that his last worlds were not to worry about him.
>>
>>43877508
I don't know but I found it amusing enough to use as a reaction image from now on.
>>
All this talk about tacticals being bad is making me sad. I'm personally really excited to have 30 MK4 tacticals with Red Scorpions chapter tactics soon. I think it'll balance well with a Nemesis Strike Force (lots of bodies with FNP vs. fewer bodies with psyker awesomeness plus dreadknights)
>>
>>43877855
After playing with Fire Warriors bolters are incredibly frustrating.
>>
>>43877798
>Implying I would ever buy from Forge World
>>
>>43877714
A First Founding Chapter would certainly have access to things like Mk VI armor. The Raven Guard got the most of it, but any of the Legions could conceivably have a few sets around.
>>
>>43877903
That's good, because I love the Beakie.
>>
File: prophet.jpg (338 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
prophet.jpg
338 KB, 585x900
Is SM Scout spam viable?

Thinking of just dumping a lot of orange clad scouts with knives and messy dark hair and then a bunch of librarians on to the table.
>>
>>43877885
It's the range isn't it?
>>
>>43878014
Guy at my lgs has a storm-speeder scout and thunderfire cannon army.
>>
>>43878014
Scout spam works yeah, just expect them to get messed up by specialists
>>
Anyone have Mymeara 2ed?
>>
>>43878014

Viable? No.
Fun? Absolutely.
>>
>>43878017
S5
>>
>>43878051
last thread
>>
>>43878073

>BS3
>>
>>43878073
S4 works against anything though.
It'd be nice if tac's could compete more though.
>>
>>43877885
I know what you mean. My 3 Troops for my armies have great weapons. After having either Gauss, S5 30" or AP3, going to regular bolters seems disappointing.

I can't imagine how guard players feel.
>>
File: 99probz.jpg (58 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
99probz.jpg
58 KB, 500x388
>>43876676
>I HAVE 70 TACTICAL MARINES
>30 TERMINATORS
>MFW 1st Company Proxy for Apoc games.
>>
>>43877411
That helmet looks angrier than most helmets...
>>
>>43877489
>>43877501
Can't sell new, big models by making terminators better.
>>
>>43878114
Yeah but S5 works better
>>
>>43875499
Anon...
Davian... He sorta...

He sorta died.
>>
>>43878114
downside of being a generalist unit in a game that rewards specialisation.
>>
Why does Forge World sell weapons separate from Marines?
>>
>>43878040
>>43878052
What if you have 60 scouts in a 750 point game? Throw in a 90 rating 2 librarian and it'll be exactly 750 points.
>>
>>43878101

>BS 5
>>
>>43878235

Pray the enemy doesn't mech.
>>
If I'm taking a primary detachment of space marines, how does it work if I choose to take a Baronial Court of Imperial Knights? It's a formation from an allied army. Is it fine to include a stand alone formation from an allied army?
>>
>>43878218
because variety, and money
>>
>>43878259
Yes that's fine.
>>
>>43878250

>implying pathfinders will survive a turn

Markerlight drones need not apply.
>>
>>43878251
They have krak grenades though, so outside of iron clads and land raiders they actually stand a chance or bringing it down.
>>
>>43878095
Can you give me a link?
>>
>>43878286

Who the fuck fields Pathfinders?
>>
Wait so if it's fine to take an allied formation like a Baronial Court then why can't I take a Skyhammer Annihilation Force if my primary detachment is Blood Angels?
>>
>>43878116
>I can't imagine how guard players feel.

>Mont'ka
>3 orders per commander
>24" range for orders
>3d6 discard highest for order tests
>re-roll failed to hits of 1 for lasguns/hot-shot lasguns

Pretty good right now.
>>
>>43878315
no
>>
>>43878329
Why?
>>
>>43878318

I'm about to try to field them behind a Tidewall.
>>
>>43878286
Sky Rays.
>>
>>43877712
>Not spending money on anything Krieg related

What are you some kind of homosexual queer?
>>
>>43878345
Because life is for those that are able to.
>>
>>43878318
>>43878286
Why are pathfinders bad? I was thinking of fielding some for both markerlights and rail sniping.
>>
>>43878315
How i can find last tread. I am new here
>>
>>43878327
>Tau
>Riptides fire 4 times
>Rerolling to hit/wound without needing any sort of test

Yeah no, the formations are all huge point sinks and fuckhuge for no reason. A bunch of guardsmen arent going to win you games.
>>
>>43878377
They're squishy, but also fire magnets. A combo that does not go well together.
>>
>>43878377

They are one of the cheapest and most point-efficient units, but they are also too fragile and static.
>>
>>43878392
Sounds like you're not using enough guardsmen
>>
Someone help me understand Blast weapons, Barrage, and direct and indirect fire.

With a normal Blast weapon, you have to place your marker over an enemy model that is both in range and in your LOS. Then it scatters. And this is considered direct fire.

And then you have blast weapons with Barrage, that lets them fire indirectly. Which means that it doesn't need LOS to fire on something. But it still must be targeting a model? Like for example, with Barrage, could I target some open terrain, and hope it scatters into a melee, or something?
>>
>>43878377
Tetras do their job even better.
>>
>>43878235
I ran this against a tau list, nothing but CCW's, besides shrike and an assault squad.

I won but casualties were very high.
>>
>>43878445
You still target a model
>>
>>43877707
russ stronk, I'm guess that one's pask
>>
>>43878411
>>43878413
What if I hide them in buildings/cover and screen with other units too?
>>
>>43878392
That's just the bonus for the standard Cadian Battle Group. Which I can also build with tanks. Or mix the two. Yeah, Tau get better buffs -news at 11- but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy my own buffs.
>>
>>43878377
They aren't bad. They just aren't tetras.

Such is the tau armylist. Good units get bypassed by drastically more efficient ones in the same slot.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.