[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, how do you destroy a magical artifact which is so powerful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: smugduck.png (17 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
smugduck.png
17 KB, 250x197
Hey /tg/, how do you destroy a magical artifact which is so powerful that it can regenerates itself even when thrown in the core of a sun?
Asuming our level of technology and magic at best?
(Pic not even barely related)
>>
Does it need to be destroyed or removed from the equation?
You could just send it to another plane, or put it in a bag of holding and dropping that into a portable hole.
>>
>>43869094
Throw it into a black hole, let some other turd burglars deal with it. Just chuck it with a railgun in the direction of where you don't want it to be and it probably won't be your problem.

In fact, if you could put it in a chest and enchant the chest with an anti-scrying/summoning spell, that'd be even better.
>>
>>43869094
Disenchant it. Magic is just raw potential, let it fade back into the weave. Artifact crumbles into dust.
>>
>>43869094
Why destroy it, then? Leave it inside the core.
Or destroy it inside an anti-magic field
>>
>>43869112
>>43869139
Whe need to destroy it. Actually a fucking lich dediced to use that thing as is phylactery (just precising: it isn't for a game but for a story.)

As for more precisions, think of it as (incoming shitstorm) an Harry Potter fanfiction...because that's what it is. But mechanically it really is working like a phylactery .
>>
>>43869159
Well that puts things into perspective.
If it can survive the core of a star, can it survive a COLLAPSING star? Supernova. That's the strongest mundane force I can think of.
A god granting a wish maybe?
>>
>>43869235
Well, even then they wouldn't really have any mean to launch it/teleport it there. The sun thing really was there to give a scale.
>>
>>43869255
Okay, what about the core of a dying planet?
Can they get to an alternate dimension?
Neat moral dilemma too: damn one world for the sake of their own?
>>
>>43869159
Well... They're made via magic and a weakened soul, right?
So we just gotta do the opposite. Super undo-magic and a soul strong enough to handle a foreign soul lump being tack welded onto it to prevent it just burrowing back into the item.

Trick is finding a supersoulled person or thing that's willing to have the procedure done.
...Technically it makes the supersoul a sort of horcrux I suppose... But then if that supersoul were to die and pass on, they'd take the attatched soul shard with them, no?
>>
>>43869272
So, it would be a matter of taking out the soul from the artifact and kill the new person-horcruxe?
>>
>>43869309
I guess so. Transfer the horcrux soul fragment to something destroyable.
There are more sane ways to do it, but I was aiming for something vaguely believable and that had dramatic potential.
>>
>>43869324
What if you could transfer it to a person?
Or an animal
>>
>>43869324
>>43869348
So, as I understand it (I'm not the one writing so I don't have all the infos) the guy bounded his entire soul to the artefact, not just a shard, and is now powered by it. So removing its soul isn't possible as the artefact would just regenerate it (as it seems to have "regenerations powers" maxxed out, like a fucking powerful healing stone).

In the other hand whe have a guy who basically have the Pariah gene. He is anathema to all magic and brings increasing bad luck to the ones living with him (the bad luck thing is sadly more effective against highly magical individuals of magical creatures).

So basically, whe have the BBEG who used the artefact as an horcruxe-phylactery to become invincible and the main guy who wants to use the stone to dissipate its malediction and finally be able to get around people without killing them.
>>
>>43869411
How about you just launch it out of a rail gun into the sun then kill the dude. It might survive the sun but he'll be in endless hell being disintegrated continually while being regenerated. Also he probably won't be able to cast any spells because the sound of the equivalent of 100,000,000 nukes going off every second will make it impossible.
>>
>>43869094
>when thrown in the core of a sun?
And you retrieved it how to confirm this?
Besides, what didn't sun-throwing solve?
It's nigh on irretrievable by that point.
>>
>>43869460
>>43869476
Actually they don't have the means to throw the artefact on the sun. As magic is kinda low-grade in HP they can't really wait for the damn thing to go all the way to the sun with the railgun shot.
>>
Our current technology isn't going to best the core of the sun for fucking shit over.

Magic is magic, it can do it if the writer thinks it can.

Now if it's a phylactery, wouldn't the lich just pop back into existence next to it if destroyed? So grab the lich and the artefact and ask NASA to just get rid of them, either by dropping into the sun or by just launching them into the interstellar medium. Either way, technology isn't retrieving either.

Or send the artefact on its merry way and then incinerate the lich and dissolve the ashes in aqua regis so he will have to reform by the phylactery.

If you have some anti-magic guy I guess he can just shove the artefact up his ass until his anti-magic and the stone's magic cancel out. Might work, might not, it's magic.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>43869094
>current level of magic
>>
>>43869585

Find big baddy. Use psychological therapy techniques into making the big baddy feel regret. Artifact destroyed
>>
The center of the sun is experiencing billions of nuclear blasts per second. If that won't destroy it then what the hell is that thing made of?
>>
I don't get the point of this thread. If you already have the phylactery, that's the hardest fucking part done of any campaing and setting anon..
If you even HAVE the power to send it to the sun, just kill the lich.
>>
>>43869094
Can it *escape* from the sun?
>>
>>43869970
>uses Smelt to whine about planeswalkers in a completely unrelated thread

Hi virt. Hope you enjoy your new ban.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.