[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the most heroic thing that any character you have played,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: Medalsofhonor2.jpg (71 KB, 675x340) Image search: [Google]
Medalsofhonor2.jpg
71 KB, 675x340
what is the most heroic thing that any character you have played, seen or a PC in any of your games has done?
>>
File: 1447468733636.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447468733636.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
>>43866447
WHFRP dorf took all the black powder aboard the ship he was on, loaded it into a longboat, and rowed it into chasing dark elf shittery while singing the songs of his people.

A lot of grudges were crossed off that day.
>>
>play ww2 campaign
>Germans in Stalingrad
>know armor is coming so me and 2 bros (npcs) set up an abandoned soviet anti-tank gun
>6 tanks out of nowhere
>first shoots HE, killing rest of crew, almost kills me
>loading and aiming the gun myself
>getting one shot kills because im almost at point blank range
>manage to destroy 5 tanks before one rams my position,
>crushes my legs, im about to die
>pull out grenade
>blow self up, deal no damage to tank tho
>>
IG Storm Trooper.

Member of a small squad of heroic guardsmen who fought the vicious ork menace on a frozen hell hole of a word.

Perhaps the most heroic thing he did was rally his wounded, tired and cold squad with the severely injured sergeant to make one last stand against a wave of orks tunneling into the power generator complex in order to collapse the tunnel with a pile of grenades.

The plan was a success and everyone survived amazingly after fighting many orks.

Was killed a couple of weeks later by friendly fire.
>>
File: Lawful Good.jpg (53 KB, 1627x288) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good.jpg
53 KB, 1627x288
>>
>>43866447
He volunteered to fly an ancient, hslf-dead hind with a 20kt tactical warhead aboard, so as to eliminate the very last soviet unit in Europe to cover the last remnants of the US army's escape from Germany and Poland in the dying days of the Third World War . in the "20 years later" epilogue, his character was nominated by the surviving Europe PCs for a posthumous Medal Of Honor
>>
>Be Rogue Trader
>Have a Servo-Skull companion that does damn near everything I need him to with a reasonable degree of competency
>Servo-skull made from old war buddy, Mayor Antanez, who died heroically in battle at my side while I was Coronael of the 36th Tecate Rifles
>Part of my payment for being "rewarded" with a Warrant was the right to take the servo-skull made out of him with me
>Decorate Servo-Skull with all sorts of traditional gemstones and etched designs, including the ritual patterns of family line in Ciudad Joya
>Pin Honor Imperialis he earned posthumously onto his right jaw
>Tattoo "Mayor Craneo" above the badge in gold leaf and the regimental badge on left cheekbone
>Activate Mayor Craneo
>Become sad because the servo-skull isn't him, it's just a basic program
>Time passes
>Tech-priest I'm banging off and on (At least I think it's her, there's so much metal it's hard to tell one from the other when the lights are off, but at least she has female upgrades) has been steadily upgrading his software and hardware for me
>After two years, what was once a basic Servo-Skull now has targeting software, vox-relay systems, intelligence-gathering systems, two hot-shot laspistols in its eyes, two manipulator arms, and a vox-caster attached, and has a micro-fusion reactor powering it for far longer than I will ever exist
>Mayor Craneo has also developed a very basic personality, but never talks except a "yes" blurp and "no" grate.
>Tech-Priest says it's likely Mayor Antanez's residual mental processes starting to overlay with the SS programming
>Eventually start viewing Mayor Craneo as a "he" rather than an "it."
>One day pours my tea exactly the way we learned how to on Tecate in that Throne-awful etiquette school

Cont.
>>
>>43866447
Sank Venice to keep a zombie plague from spreading beyond the city.
>>
File: thragmarr part 1.png (474 KB, 1568x3282) Image search: [Google]
thragmarr part 1.png
474 KB, 1568x3282
>>
File: thragmarr part 1.png (634 KB, 1584x3736) Image search: [Google]
thragmarr part 1.png
634 KB, 1584x3736
>>43867096
just noticed that that's named incorrectly, fixed it now and here's the actual part 1
>>
File: I promise myself I won't cry.webm (207 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
I promise myself I won't cry.webm
207 KB, 512x288
>>43867023
>Starts picking up small quirks that I know Antanez had; he always would float on my right side and slightly behind me, he would slowly gravitate towards cover if we were in a potentially hostile environment and I gave him nothing to do, he would remain as robotic and formal around Inquisitors as possible, tended to "bump" female soldiers in their chest area - none of these others would pick up on, but I noticed them
>He's still just a servo-skull,though
>One day we're fighting Eldar Corsairs for like the umpteenth fucking time
>Trapped in an Eldar Corsair ship after a slightly foolhardy and admittedly tequilec-induced counter-boarding action that had missed the bridge and instead hit the troop compartments
>Attempting to get to the hanger bay and fly away on a ship
>Corsairs are coming up really, really close behind us, we're basically getting pelted with shuriken right before we round each corner
>Tell party that I will stay behind and cause a diversion so that they may leave unharmed (Tequilec makes a man do strange things, especially when he's also trying to impress an attractive senorita whom he has not yet become acquainted with in the bedroom)
>Turn around to fight it out
>Mayor Craneo is at the end of the corridor
>He looks back at me, and I feel like he's really, actually looking at me
>Says the first and only words he's ever said in his existence
>"I cannot allow that, Coronel (I had not gone by Coronel since I received my Warrant). Servir hasta la muerte! Para Tecate! Paro Imperio!"
>Mayor Craneo who is now Mayor Antanez then charges down the hallway shooting hotshots out of his eyes and bobbing and weaving like a ornately decorated bat out of Infierno
>Every shot he makes is a hit, and most of his hits are kills
>Corsairs are pouring down the corridor now, there's no way we can stay here
>Demand Mayor Antanez follow us
>"No, Coronel. My duty is here. Hasta luego, mi amigo."
>mfw he killed over 40 corsairs while we escaped with out lives
>>
File: 1356918878576.gif (453 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1356918878576.gif
453 KB, 160x120
>playing Warhammer Quest I think
>playing as the Dwarf Kragnok
>entire party but Kragnok enters final room of dungeon
>ended up being like 6 minotaurs and 20 archers or something dumb like that
>everyone dies almost immediately, everyone but Kragnok
>Kragnok the Bane of Rats was not going to go out like some punk ass bitch
>enters room of minotaur rape
>apparently the gods of dice rolls liked him
>not a single enemy hit him as he slowly hacked away at Minotaur ankles until he managed to kill them all.
>single handedly defeated the boss room
>no longer just the bane of rats but now minotaurs too
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
Fallout setting

Our characters were settlers who left Nevada for Washington to find someplace less fucked, among us was a small family, an asshole former ranger, a rather apathic doctor, and my character The Jerk - stubborn mercenary with 10 END and a .30 caliber MG (balanced by needing to assemble it / AGI and STR penalty when carrying it assembled)

At one point the rest of the group got captured by tribals except for The Jerk and The Ranger. We waited for a 30 man raiding party to pass over a river, and unloaded that shit into the 15 who had struggled behind - the GM used phrases like "sawn in half by machinegun fire" and "either drowning or screaming, hard to tell" while The Ranger took potshots with his revolver.

Ranger got overwhelmed and dragged off as a capture by the survivors while The Jerk reloaded, who stealthily stalked them back to camp. He confirmed there were over 50 tribals in the camp, armed and cannibalish. Instead of walking away, which would have been fine by the GM, The Jerk lit up their bridge sentries from some defolade across from them.

cont
>>
>>43867149

5 tribals immediately rushed across the chokepoint after an extended firefight, capitalizing on a period where The Jerk had to unjam his firearm due to a nat 1 roll. They ran at him from the sides and began to dogpile him, seizing his arms and legs and forcibly carrying him away from the .30 MG, which he struggled against all the way. When presented before their leader, The Jerk bit his tounge while listening to him monolouge and waited until he bled enough to spit it in his face.

The leader was the dramatic sort and actually respected the gesture, and instead of having him killed decided to have his right-hand man calm him down - his right hand man being a golem-like man in heavy metal armor who the GM stated as "looking like he has 15 STR". He withdrew an eletrified stun baton and approached The Jerk,

The Jerk broke out of his bonds and punched him in the throat to no effect, Then he stomped on his foot, kneed him in the stoumach, and tried to bite him in the neck, all to no effect. The Golem seemed to pity him, and deciding to show him a single ounce of mercy, handed him the rope with which to tie himself up - which The Jerk promptly looped around the Golem's neck and tried to (unsuccessfully) strangle him.

cont
>>
>>43867209
The Golem then withdrew his baton and with it, quote unquote "made an unflattering and depraved gesture that seemed to imply The Jerk would be forcibly raped if he didn't stop".

The Jerk rolled to yank that baton out of his hands and got a 20. Acivated it and swung it at his face, eletrocuting him (and revealing his one hidden weakness) and getting in a solid two hits before every tribal in the camp tackled him and simply started to kick him within an inch of his HP before tying him up. At which point The Jerk accepted captivity, but begrudgingly.

Everyone seemed to beleive his resistance was heroic - even The Ranger was impressed.

But the truth is, The Jerk did everything out of spite.
>>
Took on a Mecha-Dragon armed only with a shitty museum sword in a nWoD game so he could buy enough time for a busload of orphans to escape.

Didn't end well.
>>
>>43866447
>pathfinder campaign
>playing a Druid
>owl companion dies cause of my party's ineptitude
>later he gets revived and turned giant by monks
>these my niggas now
> we leave for a bit and come back to find the monks about to get excecuted for helping us
>I quickly jump up to save them without hesitation
>rest of party feels forced to follow
>excecutioner comes at me with axe
>have my owl rip his head off
> paladin trying to negotiate with the dude conducting the whole thing
>his stupid ass nearly gets killed so I save him
>they somehow escape with the monks as prisoners, but at least they'll live another day
>entire party labels me as chaotic evil when they were perfectly fine with watching our mates get their heads chopped off
>>
Dark Ages: Vampire setting.

>Salubri vamp with one foot on the path of the Warrior, one foot on path of the Healer
>Following the Path of Tears
>On a ship, fleeing London towards the open sea with a coterie of generally pretty nice vampires
>Earthbound demon-icon in our possession, stolen from the royal treasury
>Said demon not pleased with being removed from the territory of english kings, where it could easily manipulate them
>Draws a horrid sea-creature into our path, some kind of gigantic sea snake/sea dragon.
>As the snake raises it's car-sized head from the dark waters, the Salubri pulls out her rapier and flings herself at it's gigantic body, stabbing it again and again and again
>It pulls her down into the depths, where it dies from it's injuries, but not before crushing every bone in her body and sending her into Torpor at the bottom of the sea. A nice, fitting martyr death for my character.
>Turns out my character didn't die at all, but manages to rejoin the coterie 150 years later in France, now a key ST NPC.
>>
>>43867315
>a busload of orphans
I almost glazed over this because orphans are such a common trope in RPGs, but what the fuck were they doing there? And why were you fighting mecha dragon? My WoD knowledge is quite limited, but I'm almost certain that it's a supernatural setting and not a fantasy or scifi one.
>>
File: 1448591663068.png (1 MB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1448591663068.png
1 MB, 1024x1365
>>43866447
My PCs are cowards. Only focused in saving themselves. Kinda sad that after a 2 year running Only War game I can't recall a single epic thing they did...

And I have been forever DM'ed so no stories from me. Keep being epic /tg/, for the emperor.
>>
>>43867479

Fucking Mages.

Some dipshit Mage had the idea to try and force awakening by having some technomantic robo-dragon devour children until something happened.
>>
in a penthouse belonging to a vigilante/hunter the party relaxes, thinking this is their home universe (it is for one, the physical character who just met these people), the player of a character called "ultimate stealth" gets them into the apartment easy enough, the key code and pose that gets scanned are still the same. while messing around on something more powerful than the bat-computer to try to figure out a string of robberies, the door to the apartment opens, its Ultimate stealth's counterpart in this reality. the physical training character tells our power-mimicking NPC to stay where he is, on reflex the Psi character raises his shields. in the next instant a fully automatic weapon opens fire on the living room, reducing the NPC to a pair of legs in bullet proof pants. the psi is totally unharmed. meanwhile the physical training character picks up the allied vigilante and tosses him into the private elevator that goes under the building into a secret garage under the building, containing a super car, and a super motorcycle. the hostile vigilante then drops a grenade on the psi, again the psi is unharmed, several explosives in the floor go off, the psi is unharmed again and then activates his electro-keneisis to find that the whole floor is rigged to blow, he stops the signal to the other bombs and stops the sequence for a few moments.

meanwhile, the friendly vigilante has reached the garage, and stands in the open elevator surveying the room.
>>
>>43868182
on the top floor the hostile vigilante makes a break for the building's stairs, the physical training character makes a rush after her, having trained her at least physically, he knows he can catch her, but he stops short, he needs to get the people out of this building. reaching over he pulls a fire alarm, it detaches from the wall and a gun is hidden behind it. he silently curses the vigilante for a moment before taking out his phone and calling the main lobby, stating he is going to blow up the building in the next five minutes.

back in the apartment the psi decides he will survive this even if everyone else must die. he counts up his points and finds out he can break the bullet proof glass on the balcony if he stops holding back the bombs. so he bursts the glass and the bombs start to rock the building.

panicking because the psi might be in danger the physical character rushes to the apartment and is rocked by an explosion, he is barely fast enough to raise his shield in time, for what little good it does him. he manages to make his way into the living room calling out for his friend.

the psi hears him but is already standing on the balcony's rail when he turns to the physical character. he grins and jumps off.

the physical character now sure no one will survive the building collapsing makes his way down to the private elevator, it still has not come. he takes a moment to himself, knowing he's about to dies and hoping at least some people escaped the building that he can feel starting to collapse.

in the sub basement ultimate stealth still stands in the elevator, looking around the room. he can hear the explosions now, but he doesnt try to exit the elevator. instead he hits a button on his wristband and the super car starts up. he then heads over to the super car, now feeling the floors above him collapse, then rushes back to the elevator and sends it up. he then gets in the car and the building collapses on him.
>>
>>43868192
>>43868182

the psi got away perfectly fine. he used a lesser power "float" to gently float to the ground.

the physical character died saving at least his friend. no one left the building in time. but he at least had some hope in his heart.
>>
>ormazd was a merc
>random traits made him covered in strange tattoos that were mostly Arabic like script lines
>GM loved his world and loved us developing it with him
>while rest of party sat in taverns ormazd started his own mercenary company of lawful neutral soldiers who had loyalty to the company and honor in their service
>ormazd was loaded
>bought a cursed book of pyromancy, it seared even more script on his left arm which would glow and gradually increase and grow up arm as it was used, noticeably with side effects flsuch as loss of hair by burning, sanity and becoming a purveyor of localized nuclear explosions
In short
>DM proactively wrote me in as a prophecy
>end up becoming a new mad god of exploding and shitting fire after being abducted by monks
>also got date raped by a dragon born PC after she- being a crusader of the church and a dragonborn- managed to convince big boy baha it was a good thing to roofie the lunatic that explodes and ride him raw
>>
>>43868484
>end up becoming a new mad god of exploding and shitting fire after being abducted by monks
That is a very specific portfolio. People pray to you after they've been abducted by monks to make themselves explode and shit fire? Well, there's always something that needs a god.
>>
>>43867479
If the sword was from a museum, perhaps the orphans were being given a trip to the museum? Just a though.
>>
>>43866447
Not really heroic put it was pretty cool.

>level 7/8 5E campaign
>playing a Fighter
>party encounters a mind controlled, very old silver dragon. it's chained down guarding a keep
>we need to get inside that keep, so we fight it
>it's absolutely fucking wrecking us
>my fighter goes down, and fails all 3 death saves. Dragon pretty much bit me in half baka
>rip in peace
>2 or 3 rounds of combat later, the dragon is killed
>or rogue stabs gets the kill shot, stabbed with an enchanted dagger we found earlier in the campaign
>the DM, seeing I was pretty gutted that my character was dead, found a solution
>the enchanted dagger began to glow, and a silvery mist left the dragons mouth, and went into the blade
>the jewels in the daggers hilt began to glow white hot, rogue drops it
>jewels shatter, and a bright light like a flashbang goes off
>when the party can see again, there's a silvery mist swirling around my corpse
>my character stood up
>I'd absorbed the soul of the dragon, through the dagger, and had been reincarnated as a silver dragonborn
>rad as fuck, and that character made it to level 10 and survived the campaign.
>>
Adventurers are genre-savvy pragmatists first, heroes second at best. Usually they're money-grabbing murderhobos second, and heroes seventh or eighth. I can't think of a single act of genuine heroism from any player I've ever played with.

Fuck.
>>
>>43866942
There's no way in fuck this is real. And it's so fucking awesome.
>>
Evil party had to fight a king and his retinue.

Well, I say "had", but it was more of a highly coordinated assassination plan. We were in the castle basement and he just warped in.

The battle was one for the ages. Possibly the closest fight I've ever seen. It ended, of course, with two people standing: the king, battered but not yet finished, and my gunslinger, whose invisibility had just worn out.

My character was a selfish, evil prick. He could have turned the invisibility back on and ran, living to fight another day. Something pushed him to continue the fight, though. To save his comrades.
Probably the fact that he'd be unspeakably wealthy if he succeeded, but sometimes it isn't the thought that counts.
He shot at the king, whose shield automatically took the hit, but used what was either his last point of mythic power or very close to it, to double the damage and blow the shield up. The king retaliated and cut my poor gunslinger nearly in half. Another of those hits and he would be done for.

He backed up, fired once, and scored perhaps the most important critical hit of his life. The king's head was virtually blown off. The fight was so nerve-wracking that he spent a while beating the corpse with the butt of his musket to make sure he was dead, before realizing it would be a good idea to stabilize his comrades.

So, yeah, heroic. If a villain can be heroic. And if greed and blind anger can be catalysts for heroism.
>>
>>43867129
Glorious.
>>
File: 1385161283355.jpg (95 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
1385161283355.jpg
95 KB, 800x655
>>43867129
bueno
>>
>>43866942

Brilliant!
>>
Was playing an epic level 3.pf-ish game as a Dwarven Defender. With some of the templates I had acquired (particularly, becoming part golem), I was nearly invulnerable. The party was trying to run into a dungeon to get some macguffin, and we were being chased by what was essentially a group of a bunch of our group's former characters, but optimized by the DM. We OOC knew very well what they were capable of. IC, we had skirmished previously, and also, had a pretty good idea about fighting them being a miserable prospect.

So, when the entrance to the dungeon, basically a big crypt under some destroyed cathedral, came down to a long 5ft wide hallway, I did what any good dwarven defender would do.

Turned around, told the rest of the party to "go, I'll keep them busy up here."

I stood steadfast against the onslaught... Only one of them could actually hurt me, because the fucker did shitloads of damage that could overcome damage reduction, and it was part vile damage, so my fast healing was rendered ineffective.

The party managed to find the macguffin, and gate out. One teleport capable member of the party stayed behind, and was able to get my nearly dead ass to safety.

DR 30/-, 52/+3, AC of like 42, some low tier fast healing, and immunity to magic, made for an incredibly durable wall of a dwarf. And made it so we didn't have to deal with the horrors of fighting our former characters.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.