[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minotaur Civilization Quest Part Twenty Nine: Shiny Coat of Paint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15
File: GraciasPort.jpg (3 KB, 91x125) Image search: [Google]
GraciasPort.jpg
3 KB, 91x125
Rolled 1 (1d10)

Almost all previous threads:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Minotaur%20Quest

Tech list:
http://pastebin.com/stL668Qw

Hero list:
http://pastebin.com/7kA12sh9

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/GMCivvie

I’m back boys and girls! Sorry for the delay, I had more than a few issues to deal with, but now I’m here, to annoy take up your time for the next couple of hours!

Previously we:

>A) No fucking clue

Imjustsohappytobebackohmygod
>>
File: minotaur87.jpg (94 KB, 538x700) Image search: [Google]
minotaur87.jpg
94 KB, 538x700
DROZEN STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 15560
>Population Growth 2066
GROK STATS
>Population (Minotaurs) 10785
>Population Growth 836
GORRIC STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 5363
>Population Growth 886
>Population (Human) 4001
>Population Growth 680
ALAGAR STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 5477
>Population Growth 486
>Population (Human) 5540
>Population Growth 486
SECRET OUTPOST STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 9600
>Population Growth 450
>Population (Human) 2930
>Population Growth 450
HEVOK STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 1390
>Population Growth 300
>Population (Human [Free])1282
>Population Growth 300
CUTH STATS
>Population (Minotaurs) 5035
>Population Growth 820
>Population (Awaken) 490
>Population Growth 40
>Population (Human) 5115
>Population Growth 860
>Population (Dwarf) 5699
>Population Growth 830
>>
WOOOOOOOOOO
IT'S BACK BABY
>>
whoops
nevermind

Should we go with just 2 A's and 1 T, I remember that the turns before took the whole thread
>>
File: ThePlanet.jpg (10 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
ThePlanet.jpg
10 KB, 299x168
It’s nothing but a normal day in Drozen. The winds are howling, the walls are a little bit crumbled, and the people are hungover from a long night’s worth of blackout drinking. As the citizens shuffle out into the streets, dredging their bare hooves and feet through the snow, they all hear a low rumbling. No, not so much a rumbling as a very angry sob. The ground begins to quake, anything that can fly is, and the sky seems to go from its normal dreary grey blue to dark blood red. The sob turns into an unholy wail as the Earth itself seems fit to shatter like glass under its own weight.

Far across the sea in Cuth, the denizens are experiencing the same, the only difference being that the Dryad herself seems to be emitting the cries, thrashing about in agony and begging for someone to end it. Whenever a doctor or priest attempts to get close to her, massive shoots of some form of plant erupt from the Earth and instantly kill them, their bodies impaled on the roots. The very rainforest itself seems to be twisting in ways impossible for biological matter.

Then, silence.

Something has gone terribly wrong with the world, and though your people have no knowledge of astronomy, there seems to be a few less stars in the sky than there were before.

>PLANET SHATTERING HAS OCCURRED!

>SHIT JUST GOT REAL!

>EVERYONE JUST LOST 10 KILOS

>>43857759
Sure, I don't remember anything from the last thread so lets go with your idea.
>>
>>43857769
Well Shit
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>43857769
>T
Get the best and brightest to try and find out what the hell is going on
>>
File: Clot.jpg (6 KB, 162x310) Image search: [Google]
Clot.jpg
6 KB, 162x310
>>43857769

SUPER SOLDIER RESULTS:

Meanwhile, in the dark depths of the Super Soldier complex and the catacombs of tunnels underneath, the subjects have begun to develop some sort of intelligence. Nothing close to a Minotaur, or even an Orc, but they do seem to understand basic concepts such as pointing and following orders. This is a massive step up when compared to the previous gibbering like a madman and shitting their pants.
>>
>>43857834
>Showing promise for the Thread to come
>>
File: 1432505445810s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1432505445810s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>43857834

>T: What in the name of sweet baby Jesus in the cradle is going on?
>4: I. Am. Death.

Now, Catherine had just gotten the first half decent sleep she had had in roughly a months time, and then this sonuvabitching earthquake comes along and makes the planet pop like a balloon at a lonely child's birthday party, where no one came and he had to amuse himself with that. MOVING ON. Your scientists, as well as Doctor Popolis, the Inhuman Acropolis, all set to work trying to work with the ground shaking like a man high on the purest cocaine there is.

An intern sets to work writing down what had happened. In short:

551 scientists died and had their corpses burned in an acidic inferno.

Numerous subjects escaped from the compound

Your nuke nearly went off, but only made a massive hole in the ground where it fell.

IO{IFUSDHSGdyupo;dyf

IT HAS FOUND IT. IT HAS THE NUKE. OH SWEET ANCESTORS SOMEBODY STOP IT BEFORE IT -

The rest of the paper is coated in bloody entrails, teeth, and bits of eyeball.

>Nuke -1
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>43857951
>A1
Search the area where this happened
>>
Beautiful.
>>
>>43857769
CIviie its on the archibe
>>
>>43858101
I showed him, I think he just means from memory
>>
>>43858080

>A1: Search that shit
>76: Above average success!

After waiting for the ground to stop bouncing up and down like a whore at Happy Hour, search parties were sent into the tunnels, scanning every single millimeter for any possible trace of that creature or the nuke. Unsurprisingly, it's not that hard to find a bleeding mass of internal organs and extremities, or at least where it used to be...Wait, what's that dripping sound?

The team looks up, wide eyed and jaws agape in terror to the maw of the aforementioned abomination. Those that aren't immediately pissing themselves make a break for the nuke, which they just now noticed is sitting right in the middle of this oddly designed stone room. When they added this in they have no clue. Anyone who stood still was soon wailing in their self-induced insanity and tearing out their horns and using them to scrape out their eyes and make the sight of the monster go away. Fortunately, the creature somehow missed the nuke slipping out and back up to the surface.

You're safe, for now.

>If you guys would like to enter combat with the creature, please state what heroes you will be using.
>>
>>43858217
Have Brakla and Cath's kids grown up yet?
>>
>>43858305
Both are about 5 years old (accelerating growth so it doesn't take ages to get redshirts up)
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>43858331
Then nah, we dont really have anyone to fight them with

>A2
With Tsunami exiled (if you remember), we need a new military comander
Lets find one
>>
>>43858217
Fucking ALL OF THEM!
>>
>>43858373
>>43858375

Hmm, which to choose...Roll it. Whoever gets a higher roll goes first.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>43858413
Done
>>
>>43858420
>>
>>43858469
Options field, not the name field. It's the second to top one.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>43858469
lol
>>
>>43858420
>>43858496
>>43858373

Snow wins! You can still fight the thing next turn though.

Name and race please!
>>
>>43858496
The best of names
>>
>>43858533
Name - Cait
Race - Mino
Background - was the arena master
XD
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>43858576
Our Illuminati has a major race problem

:P
>>
File: OldMino.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
OldMino.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>43858576

>A2: Hero
>51: Average!

Catherine, realizing that she has little in the way of proper experience leading an army and is really much too busy to be bothered with it, puts out an ad in the snow outside the Palace looking for a new general of the army. After numerous hilariously awful auditions, an old, seasoned Minotaur lumbers into the Palace, with a great axe of solid steel carried on his back.

>"Greetings, my Queen. I am Cait, I was the leader of Arena back in old time."

He pauses for a moment to drink some kind of thick clear liquid from his canteen, and it smells distinctly like a new type of alcohol.

>"I vould like to be of leadings the Army, if you would allow me."

Catherine's eyes narrow on the old man's, then she simply says:

>"Prove it."

Smirking a bit, Cait nods and unslings his axe. With one mighty swing he brings it down, slicing right through the solid stone and ice of the Palace floor, and pulling back up with ease. He then uses the cut in the stone to LIFT THE BLOODY FLOOR UP, and uses it as a training dummy for about 5 minutes. Catherine stops him, namely because it was getting hard to breath with all of the dust flying everywhere.

>"You (cough) get the (hhhhhack) spot."
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>43858719
Have Cait send the entire fucking arena against the Nukaryote(that's what we're calling it)
>>
>>43858802
Whelp
>>
DROZEN STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 17636
>Population Growth 2066
GROK STATS
>Population (Minotaurs) 11621
>Population Growth 836
GORRIC STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 6249
>Population Growth 886
>Population (Human) 4681
>Population Growth 680
ALAGAR STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 5963
>Population Growth 486
>Population (Human) 6026
>Population Growth 486
SECRET OUTPOST STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 10500
>Population Growth 450
>Population (Human) 3380
>Population Growth 450
HEVOK STATS:
>Population (Minotaurs) 1690
>Population Growth 300
>Population (Human [Free])1582
>Population Growth 300
CUTH STATS
>Population (Minotaurs) 5855
>Population Growth 820
>Population (Awaken) 540
>Population Growth 40
>Population (Human) 5975
>Population Growth 860
>Population (Dwarf) 6429
>Population Growth 830

10 actions and 5 techs please!
>>
File: TheWomb.jpg (132 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TheWomb.jpg
132 KB, 1920x1080
>>43858802

A1: Arena
7: Nomonomnom

In the middle of this, a guard bursts into the room.

>"MY LIEGE! MY LIEGE! THE ENTIRETY OF THE ARENA HAS DECIDED TO ATTACK THE NUKARYOTE! THEY'RE BEING SLAUGHTERED!"

Following a brief facepalm, Catherine and Cait rush towards the catacombs and find them blocked. Not with any sort of rubble mind you, but the bodies off all those who died. The sheer amount of them trampled some, while others were deliberately placed with their bodies split open. Others look defiled, as to mock your existence. Attempts to cut through the pile have only been met with more bodies, and it takes a full week to even make it to a room. However, when they do get there they realize they aren't in the catacombs, but more like a womb. The ground is thick with the blood of the fallen, and trying to slosh about in the muck stains everything a deep red. Bones seem to have taken the place of supports, and creeping veins have crawled up along the walls, seemingly making their way to some sort of...thing. Whatever it is, you're inside it now.

>-1000 population in Drozen!
>>
Rolled 72, 64, 62, 18 = 216 (4d100)

>>43858835
Covene the Golden Horns to debate on what the fuck is going down

Contact the Dark Elves about accelarting our Poltical Union in the wake of the disaster

Collect represnettaives from all of our Tributraries through the HornPact to deal with this issue

Call literally every living thing we can to the summit to deal with this
>>
Rolled 64, 64, 52 = 180 (3d100)

>>43858969
Back to the old ways? LETS GO! I HAVE IDEAS

>T1
Retry to find out what the fuck is going on with the shaky-shaky

>A6
Call the Witchers in

>T2
Find out what this 'Nukaryote' is
>>
File: Annotated_morrowind_50_(1).jpg (6 MB, 6656x6144) Image search: [Google]
Annotated_morrowind_50_(1).jpg
6 MB, 6656x6144
>A2: Golden Horns
>72: Above average success!

While the troops are busy exploring the bowels of what used to be the catacombs, an emergency meeting of the Golden Horns is held. Catherine's voice and tone is no-nonsense and straight to the point.

>"I am in a very bad mood right now, so I would like it very much if one of you would please tell me what in the flying fuck is going on? And please, no snarky comments."

She says the last bit glaring at William. Phoenix stands up and speaks:

>"Your highness, my team and I have concluded that the previous quakes are the result of large explosion or impact of some kind. We have little in the way of knowledge as to where in the land it came from, though the Dwarves are the most likely canidates to be able to pinpoint it."

>"I am with Zombie man."

>"Aye, same."

>"Me too."

(Anyone remember the Archer girl's name?)

>A3: Dark Elves
>64: HOT DAMN LUCKY NUMBERS!

>"To her Highness Catherine"
>"We would be more than happy to join our peoples in union, much as you have William and I. The Elves of Marrow are currently in the process of paving roads between our capital and yours, and I will be there personally to commemerate the occasion."
>"Sincerely, Dai'Ly."

>A4: Tributaries
>62: Success!

Much in the same way the Golden Horns were called together, as were your tributary states. The Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Awaken have all sent aid your way.

>+5 to recovery rolls!

Strangely, the Lizardfolk didn't reply, and a letter (if you could even call it that) came for the Orcs asking where the bloody hell their Chieftain went.

>A5: Literally everything
>18: Complete failure!

However, the weight of everything has caused much of your efforts to collapse in on themselves, leading to any potential benefits that could have been reaped this first few days becoming moot. And, much like the admin, he won't be coming back.
>>
>>43859245
Damn, thats alot of text

But also alot of things to consider
>Dont remember the name, How about Piper?
>>
File: USGISHIMURA.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
USGISHIMURA.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>43859022

>T1: Shaky Shaky
>64: HOT DAMN LUCKY NUMBERS!

Dr. Popolis is on point with further research as to what exactly caused the planet to go boom, and his findings (as well as the Dwarves) have led to some interesting results.

They have determined that the point of impact was parallel to your current position, and that the object was most certainly not natural, as there are far too many off shoots and/or other sorts of seismic disruptions to be anything other than man-made. In addition, they have decided to create a new category for abominations such as the Nukaryote, dubbing it a "Necromorph."

>A6: Witchers
>64: MOAR LUCKY NUMBERS!

The Witchers are subsequently called in, as instead of wasting precious resources by throwing basic recruits at a problem, you've done the smart thing and instead have sent your elites in to help you with your little infestation problem. Their blades, axes, and hammers all make short work of the Wall of Flesh blocking the tunnels, and they should be able to have them clear in a short work. Hopefully, at least. I mean, there have been some odd cases of disappearing bodies here and there, but surely it was just someone moving the corpse, right?

>T2: Nukaryote
>Triple lucky numbers in 1 turn = automatic success.

The "Nukaryote", as your leading scientists have dubbed it, has perplexed them to the point of extreme frustration, both mental and sexual. The creature itself appears to simply be, from what fragments of reports your troops have brought back, a simple pile of bodies. That moves. And eats people. All in all, not a fun time, though it has been speculated that there is some sort of connection between it and the disappearing bodies.

Sorry that had more detail, there was just more to type up in >>43858969 when compared to >>43859022

>>43859372
Piper it is!
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>43859474
HOLY GOD AMAZING
err.....
>A7
Evac the tunnel and get the lavamancers to fill it up?
>>
File: 18s05vvb8ex80jpg.jpg (31 KB, 200x159) Image search: [Google]
18s05vvb8ex80jpg.jpg
31 KB, 200x159
>>43859569

>A7: Evac
>37: Failure!

Immediately the order to evacuate is given, though it, unfortunately, hadn't reached all of the Witchers in time. Subsequently, about 500 died in the ensuing lava flood, though at least the hole that you know of is sealed. Let it be someone else's problem, you've got drugs to do!

-500 Witchers!
>>
Rolled 85, 65 = 150 (2d100)

>T3
See if there's a way to easily kill the Nukaryote

(If that Works)
>T4
Put it on a crossbow
>>
File: Light.jpg (2 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Light.jpg
2 KB, 259x194
Rolled 82289 (1d83475)

>>43859689

>T3: Nukaryote
>85+15=100: ARTIFICIAL 100

Unlike the Mushrooms, who appear to have fucked off to whatever corner of the Earth they crawled out of, the Nukaryote has no easily discernible weakness. While swords and the like do clear damage to that which appears to be connected to it, they can never really 'wound' it, in the way we do to each other. Think of it as a paper cut to a dinosaur. Fortunately, it has been found that the beast seems to have an aversion to the surface. Light itself also seems to make samples of the creature squirm about like a sick infant.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>43859806
Send Witchers and pyromancers after the Nukaryote
>>
File: KILLITWITHFIRE.jpg (91 KB, 900x725) Image search: [Google]
KILLITWITHFIRE.jpg
91 KB, 900x725
Donde es senor Anon?

Oh, and just a heads up. I have to go in about an hour. Date night.

>>43859956

>A8: Nukaryote
>88: Great success!

After learning of the Nukaryote's fear of light, Catherine does what so many have done before her:

>"Kill it with fire."

The Witchers are sent in, with Pyromancer hands clearing the way. Somehow they all aren't suffocated by the ensuing smoke. They manage to slash and burn their way through the corridors of the facility and find the beast, sleeping, as chance would have it. They make Thanksgiving dinner out of it, bringing the creature up to the surface to desecrate the remains. After bringing it into the morning sun, they realize what they fried appears to be a much bigger version of a Nukaryote, with certain feminine bits that I won't describe for the sake of keeping Rule 34 sacred indicating it is a mother.

There's more than one.
>>
>>43860138
Yeah, I'll have to go soon aswell, got to be up in the morning and its 1 already

Shit
>A9
Find the source of the tremors, and who

>A10
Set up a Anti Weird-Ass-Monster Group, with a liberal amount of Pyro's and Witchers
>>
>>43860240
Whoops
>>
Rolled 98, 59 = 157 (2d100)

>>43860240
ARGH
>>
File: DARKNESSNOPARENTSSUPERRICH.jpg (20 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
DARKNESSNOPARENTSSUPERRICH.jpg
20 KB, 300x168
>>43860277

>A9: Tremors
>98: Amazing success!

As all of this shit was going down, Dr. Popolis was busy doing what Dr. Popolis does, besides a quarter of the women in Drozen. He has managed to pinpoint where exactly each and every tremor is coming from, despite the numerous technical issues facing him with the lack of a seismograph. It appears the tremors are coming right from where he said, on the exact opposite side of the world.

>A10: Anti Weird-Ass-Monster Group
>59: Average!

Yet another specialization of the armed forces has come about, this time as an Anti Weird-Ass-Monster Group, as they are so eloquently called. Their ranks are mainly formed of notable pyromancers and witchers, though their expertise is dubious at best. Most are notable because of how badly they fucked up while getting the job done. But hey, whatever works.
>>
Rolled 82, 13 = 95 (2d100)

>>43860423
>T4
Learn about this 'seismograph' Dr. Popolis talks about

>T5
Put some Sleep on some of the Nukaryote flesh we have

I'm gonna o after this turn is complete, need to sleep
>>
File: Seismograph.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Seismograph.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>43860503
Okay, I'll call it then.

>T4: Seismograph
>82+15=97: Amazing success!

>"Oh, have I not informed you of my marvelous new contraption? This, my fellow researcher, is a seismograph. It measures and calculates exactly how, when, and where a seismic tremor occurs within the crust of the planet! Essentially, this will allow us to track any substantial impacts on our surface, and maybe even large enough armies!"

>Seismograph invented!
>You have entered the Industrial Age!

>T5: Sleep
>13: Unlucky numbers...

As the smoke clears through the vents, Dr. Popolis enters a lab in which several scientists were investigating the effects of Sleep when placed on Nukaryote flesh. To put it bluntly, it blew up in their faces and created a sad, agonizingly awful looking creature whose whole existence seemed to be pure pain. Before he could contain it, it leaped from the table it was on with a sudden pair of gaunt legs, and escaped a la ALIEN.

And that's the thread for the night boys!

I'm afraid we will have to be hosting the threads bi-weekly, so I will see you guys on December 11th!
>>
>>43860666
*12th
>>
>>43860666
Coolio, thank's for saying, or I would be here nex week
siting here
waiting
ALL BY MY SEEEEEEELF
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.