[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battletech General: Fucking Magpies Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Magpies.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Magpies.png
1 MB, 800x800
The /btg/ is dead, long live the /btg/!

Old thread: >>43815558

=====================

>/btg/ does a TRO.
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam) spot.com/

>The Happening has Happened and it was glorious:
http://bg.battletech.com/news/news-and-announcements/drop-pod-sequence-initiatedthree-two-one/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5 (embed)

>Can I get an overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what mechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Battletech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx (embed)

>Sarna.net - Battletech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of Battletech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

>Battletech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
>>43855735
Hold that Butte?
>>
File: WoB.png (135 KB, 267x563) Image search: [Google]
WoB.png
135 KB, 267x563
>>43855735
remove magpie REMOVE MAGPIE

magpie you are the worst clan go back to homeworlds
>>
>>43855783
I'm perfectly happy with getting a new edition of "the periphery" every five years and like 1-2 entries per TRO as the entirety of periphery fluff, as it used to be.
fact is, if the writers are not writing about happenings in the periphery, you are basically free to make up whatever you want without having to deal with the metaplot, which is a lot better than what we're getting now
>>
>>43855856
Wow, the Wobbies are indignant about something...so what else is new?
>>
>>43855624
>>43855677

I understand. But in practical terms, your way of wanting a totally separate side setting in addition to the main, IS-centric setting will mean being written out of the setting completely. No matter who is writing the game (FASA, CGL, or somebody else), if your faction doesn't interact with the IS in some meaningful way, you may as well not exist. It sucks, but I would rather have Periphery factions the way they are now over being totally ignored, irrelevant, and possibly going the way of the Smoke Jaguars.
>>
>>43855881
You could easily have them interact in minor ways: little raids, trading agreements, temporary military allies against larger foes.

But having them ride IS cock like it will cure cancer is not the solution. Frankly, I'd rather they be completely forgotten for 20 years instead of being butchered to the point that they may as well not exist (MoC being a territory of the Capellans, etc)
>>
>>43855881
>if your faction doesn't interact with the IS in some meaningful way

Not one of the earlier anons, but I'd wish the MoC would interact with, well, not the one they tried to invade 30 years before, that bans their pleasure circuses, and is known for the "anything non-Capellan is inferior/treasonous/waiting to plant a knife in our back".

And not only did the MoC go for the Capellans, but so did their old allies in the Invade Capella Club, Andurien. FM 3085 does mention an "alliance of convenience" but with Oriente next door (Andurien didn't have a grudge with Oriente, or did it?) and some of the more reasonable places like Mosiro there had to be better allies than the one the populace really really hates.
>>
>>43855921
>You could easily have them interact in minor ways: little raids, trading agreements, temporary military allies against larger foes.

I agree with this. I'd like to see them interacting with the IS largely in the way they did through the 3030s.

> I'd rather they be completely forgotten for 20 years instead

I disagree with this. Sorry we have different opinions. Whether we like it or not, since late FASA days, the stance has been, "you either jump in the metaplot pool or go away." I don't want the Periphery nations to go away (with the possible exception of the Taurians, just to get rid of the worst of their fans). I'm not happy about the way they have to stick around, but I don't have any control over HOW it happens. The only thing I can do is deal with the circumstances, or not. Again, sorry for a different opinion.
>>
>>43855864
>you are basically free to make up whatever you want without having to deal with the metaplot
While I kind of agree on principle of not being strapped to an IS power, if you get to make up whatever you want for your periphery waifu, other people do to... And we've got it bad enough with people misinterpreting and cherry picking things from Periphery 1E to make the various periphery states out to be worse than Amaris. Imagine how bad it would be with almost no canon rebuttals to such mischaracterizations.

>>43855856
Ravens best clan, does not change that they need to REMOVE FROM PREMISES.
>>
>>43855979
yeah, the trinity alliance was one of FASA's dumber metaplot moments, especially considering that the previous periphery plot was setting up the Cappies as strongly opposed to the taurian-MoC alliance AND had the taurians looking at st.ives for an alliance, only for the writing to do a literal 180 from that position.
>>
>>43855990
>I agree with this. I'd like to see them interacting with the IS largely in the way they did through the 3030s.
Same. That'd be fine by me as well. Even up to the Clan Invasion would be ok.

>I disagree with this. Sorry we have different opinions. Whether we like it or not, since late FASA days, the stance has been, "you either jump in the metaplot pool or go away." I don't want the Periphery nations to go away (with the possible exception of the Taurians, just to get rid of the worst of their fans). I'm not happy about the way they have to stick around, but I don't have any control over HOW it happens. The only thing I can do is deal with the circumstances, or not. Again, sorry for a different opinion.
Your opinion is perfectly valid, I just don't share it. I feel that blending all the powers together reduces variety and makes everyone feel blander and more uninteresting as a whole. When a Periphery power is rolled into an IS one, it loses its character in the larger character of the IS power's, which isn't something I like to see in the universe.

Obviously, it's happening and I have to live with it. But I can be sad about it.
>>
>>43855990
>with the possible exception of the Taurians, just to get rid of the worst of their fans
getting rid of the taurians wouldn't get rid of those guys, though. they'd still be playing and would just have picked different factions to wank over. their boner for "small state beats big state by being HARDCORE" fits the capcon well and especially with the "muh secret shit, muh nukes" fits the WoB like a fucking glove.
so in that alternate universe we'd be bitching about medron pryde, blakefag at large
>>
>>43855735
So, say we wanted to run an RPG group around the Battletech universe. What system would be best to use? The official one? Which edition? Why? Anything we should tweak?
>>
>>43856081
>I feel that blending all the powers together reduces variety and makes everyone feel blander and more uninteresting as a whole.

There's definitely something to that view.

>Obviously, it's happening and I have to live with it. But I can be sad about it.

That's totally fair. My primary objection comes from the commentary in the previous thread in regards to all fans of a periphery faction attached to an IS power. Even if you don't like the direction the metaplot takes, if you're not willing to see your faction through a development you don't like, you're not really a fan of the faction, are you? Bitching at MoC fans because the MoC is riding Capellan dick for the forseeable future gives the MoC fans three real choices: either quit the faction in disgust, "reeeeee" online about it and be labeled trolls or shills (as the thrust of the reeee-ing dictates), or stay the course and get labeled appropriately.

It's a fundamentally chickenshit debate "trap", putting one into a lose-lose-lose scenario. Yeah, I know, it's 4chan, but even allowing for that...
>>
>>43856168

Use GURPS. It's less complicated, cleaner-running, and more fun than any edition of MechWarrior. Plus if you use GURPS, you're not supporting Catalyst financially, and every little bit that helps the company collapse helps.
>>
>>43855735

Is there a compilation of those images somewhere?
>>
>>43856190
>There's definitely something to that view.
Basically that's my entire view. I don't like what is going on in the Periphery (especially the Taurians, who I actually like and am very sad about because their fans are fuckwits) but there's nothing I can do about it. Fuck, my personal favorite Periphery faction is like the one that is ok right now (Marian Hegemony) but I can still lament the fall of the rest of the Periphery to TPTB.

>That's totally fair. My primary objection comes from the commentary in the previous thread in regards to all fans of a periphery faction attached to an IS power. Even if you don't like the direction the metaplot takes, if you're not willing to see your faction through a development you don't like, you're not really a fan of the faction, are you? Bitching at MoC fans because the MoC is riding Capellan dick for the forseeable future gives the MoC fans three real choices: either quit the faction in disgust, "reeeeee" online about it and be labeled trolls or shills (as the thrust of the reeee-ing dictates), or stay the course and get labeled appropriately.
A reasonable course of thought. This is 4chan though, you should really know better, NEA. Even /btg/ is still on the chan, meaning it's shitposting, waifus, and traps (of all kinds).

>>43856216
>Plus if you use GURPS, you're not supporting Catalyst financially, and every little bit that helps the company collapse helps.
Please fuck off and die in a fire. We use this phrase a lot (overuse it, really), but you are the cancer killing BattleTech. You can blame CBL of a lot of things, but they are passionate and do seem to give a shit. And before you accuse them of not caring, talk to them in person first. I have, they're alright folks and do want the game to succeed. Maybe our views differ but I'd rather someone with passion ran the game than not.
>>
>>43856379
>I have, they're alright folks and do want the game to succeed. Maybe our views differ but I'd rather someone with passion ran the game than not.

FOUND THE SHILL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43856554
The Bullfrog Quad Swamp armor is often called the Pepe by soldiers assigned to pilot it, due to the fact that a manufacturing blunder left the joints of the first line making an awful screeching noise whenever the armor moved.

It has two UMU's mounted in its shoulders, MJBs in all four legs and a NARC (bolas)
>>
File: Dark_Crow.jpg (146 KB, 511x512) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Crow.jpg
146 KB, 511x512
>>43855735
ALPHERTZ
L
P
H
E
R
T
Z
>>
>>43856379
I'll give it to them that their battletech game seems a fair bit more solid than Shadowrun, but I'm mostly curious how it compares to previous editions of the Mechwarrior RPG.

>>43856216
I know GURPs. It's cool and all, but being able to use the boardgame for mech combat isn't a problem for us, so I'd like to know how the other games do the rest.
>>
>>43856190
>Even if you don't like the direction the metaplot takes, if you're not willing to see your faction through a development you don't like, you're not really a fan of the faction, are you?
if the metaplot changes a faction till it is unrecognizable compared to what it was, is it really still the faction that you were a fan of?
>>
>>43857125

If that point is valid, than nobody is a fan of the faction they originally were, because basically every faction that matters is unrecognizable by the Dark Ages.
>>
>>43857125
ah, the old ship of theseus question
>>
>>43857125
Yes. If you think the answer is "no" you don't like the faction, you like its status quo in a certain period
>>
>>43857251
I would say that all of the great houses (except the FWL) have still retained their essential character from 3025-3150, though I will give you C* as well.
What you're saying is right about the clans, though, 100%
>>
>>43857290
But what IS a faction beyond a series of "status quo" s over time? Why is choosing one status quo/timeframe as what the faction IS more valid than any other?
>>
>mfw the only BT books I can find at my nearest book store are AToW, MaxTech, 3050, 3055, and Project Phoenix
And the LGS only has the box set.
>>
>>43856168
>What system would be best to use? The official one? Which edition? Why? Anything we should tweak?
That depends on what you want out of the game. 3e actually has an excellent character creation system, as long as you're willing to burn a little Edge to fiddle around with the rolls (which is how it's >intended< to be done). AToW is, like most catalyst products, fun - but hideously disorganized, badly-worded, laden with hundreds of pages of errata, and scattered through a dozen interrelated books. Character creation looks really intimidating but isn't as bad as it seems. It's still a chore, but it's not, say, designing vehicles in GURPS.
2e is clunkier and less-honed than 3e in many ways, but less cluttered by extraneous bullshit than either it or AToW. You're going to have to do a lot more hacking of the system to incorporate new materials, though.

Every edition is more or less very, very lethal to characters dumb enough to get into real combat outside their 'Mechs/vees, though. That can mean a GM is tempted to coddle the players because you're basically wasting an entire session and change whenever players die.
>>
>>43858468

>as long as you're willing to burn a little Edge to fiddle around with the rolls

Well, technically it's 'Increase your minimum edge' rather than really burning it. You don't lose much at all using those rerolls other than requiring your character at the end to be a bit luckier.

But then, as you said, intended to be done.
>>
>>43858658
Creating MW3 characters without burning edge is hilarious, though
>>
>>43858741

Oh yes. You'll likely end up with a miserable sod who got kicked out of at least one life goal but it's hilarious.
>>
>>43858658
>>43858741
>>43858468
So, anything about third edition that would need houseruling/slows things down a lot? Anything you'd need to keep an eye on in particular as a player or GM?
>>
>>43858812
It's the best thing about MW3e chargen. As the joke goes, "D&D parties meet in a tavern, traveller parties meet at a harley dealership and mechwarrior parties meet while picking up their disability checks"
>>
>>43858924

Just keep a good eye on the resulting characters.

If someone ends up going through Basic Training more than twice you might have a problem.

It can happen. I've seen someone end up a Revolver Ocelot level backstabber with every single one of the groups sending them through basic training again.
>>
>>43858971
Alright, thanks bunches!
>>
File: MW3e character generation.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MW3e character generation.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43858924
Something NEA put together to help out, too
>>
>>43859042
One thing to watch out for is that the devs have a fetish for handing out Combat Paralysis, which just completely fucks people over if there's a fight, so you should make sure that everyone buys it off during chargen if they have it
>>
>>43859080
Whoa, hang on. I did a step by step MW3 character creation, but I didn't put that together. I posted it up for wider dissemination, but I make no claim on the huge effort some awesome person put in on that .
>>
File: 1432829043615.jpg (107 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1432829043615.jpg
107 KB, 800x600
>>43859203
Ah, okay. My bad.
>>
>>43859267
No worries, I just don't want to steal someone else's credit.

Also, Googly Hinds will never not be funny.
>>
>>43859267
>>43859356
>hind
I'm actually amazed that no Omni-VTOLs exist. They'd be super-useful
>>
Speaking of vtols, can they use hardened armor? I feel like it'd be a big help for em
>>
>>43859973

VTOLs die way too easily and Omnis have a 25% mark-up after all other price factors.

It could get real expensive, real fast.
>>
>>43860072

Why? Ferro-Lamellor would be way better. Fuck your Rotor hits, I'ma keep flying!
>>
can JJ equipped BA bail out of a crashing VTOL?
>>
>>43860123
It would be amazing for the civilian market, though
>>
>>43860123
>you can't have fun because it costs too much imaginary money
>>
>>43860231
Yeah, actually.
>>
>>43861006

That's badass. There any good proxies for a Kurnov(?). The models okay but they're $10 a pop and I have 40 BA that need transporting
>>
>>43860622

You can have all the fun you like. Just saying that in canon they were cutting back on OmniMechs and not approving OmniTanks due to budgetary constraints, and those are a lot more long-lived than VTOLs.
>>
>>43856375
Maybe i can put them on an imgur or something once i get back from vacation. Don't got 'em on my phone
>>
>>43862075

That would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>43861080
I think the Karnov-equivalents are Mi-17s or Mi-8s.
UH-60s if you want to use US kit.
>>
>>43862365
Any reasonably to scale models of them out there?
>>
>>43860199
FL doesn't stop motive crits even if the hit dos 0 damage
>>
>>43862054
Sadly, due to the bit posted by >>43850814 BA can't ride the outside of omni-VTOLS or omni WiGEs... Taking away the vast majority of their usefulness.
>>
>>43863178
I disagree. The omni-VTOL has one big advantage, and that's the ability to mount various hyper-specialized configs for weird situations
>Toyoda technical rush, go to max rockets
>lots of infantry, time for ALL MGs
>hyper-entrophic guy is at it again, Gauss rifle time
>these fuckers need lots of infantry ASAP, load up a bunch of bays
>pilot's down, load up the S&R gear
All in one unit
>>
>>43863436
>ALL MGs
this is a solid plan and I support it.
>>
>>43863436
>hyper-entrophic guy is at it again, Gauss rifle time
Kek
>>
Speaking of omnis, does anyone know when starcorp st.Ives started building the sunder, before or after the CapCon invasion?
>>
>>43864224

Presumably before.

The Dracs liscenced all their shit pretty much straight away.
>>
File: Vees, support, MS Drop.jpg (752 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
Vees, support, MS Drop.jpg
752 KB, 1824x1368
>>43861080
>There any good proxies for a Kurnov(?
I just use Micro Machines Ospreys. This shot's from like four years ago, but it shows you the scale pretty well compared to the Stuka on the mobile launcher and the Shadow Hawk next to it. I've picked up three Air Lances of them on ebay for about $20
>>
>>43864255
Alright, cool. I was looking for a unique signature mech for a bandit king operating in the south periphery in the late 50s, along the tc-moc-cc border area, and a stolen st.Ives omnimech, especially an assault, seems perfect
>>
I've never used any Drop Ships in any game I've ever played, so can someone tell me: Where are the rules for fighting a grounded Drop Ship (ie. it's landed, and the players have to attack it?)?

This is for regular BattleTech, not the RPG or Alpha Strike.
>>
File: Dropship.jpg (15 KB, 336x415) Image search: [Google]
Dropship.jpg
15 KB, 336x415
>>43865891
Rules are on pages 58-59, 100, 102, 110, 117-118, 144, 249-250. There's a bit of stuff in TacOps and StratOps as well.
>>
>>43865922

Isn't that Dropship tiny for that Atlas?
>>
>>43865922
Ah good. Not at all spread out either. Good job CGL! ;)

And thanks, BTW. That'll make finding it a lot easier.

>>43865948
Map scale vs actual scale, I presume.
>>
Assuming you did nothing else but recharge between jumps, and had enough supplies to do it, roughly how long would it take to jump from, say, the far left of the Lyran space to the far right of Davion space?
>>
>>43866304
I would say roughly in the vicinity of ~8 months
>>
>>43864260

GHQ miniatures also has an acceptable Osprey model.
>>
File: long haul.jpg (40 KB, 244x330) Image search: [Google]
long haul.jpg
40 KB, 244x330
>>43866304
I checked with that BT interactive map thingy, and from Main Street (LC) to Great Gorge (FS), it was 50 jumps, 1,259 light years, and precisely 365 days.
>>
>>43866940
One year. That's incredible.

And wait... interactive map...

*goes a'Google'ing*

Holy crap... that thing is amazing.
>>
>>43867113
Well you have to wait about a week for the jumpdrives to charge, and FTL isnt that fast in battletech
>>
who is the most waifuable being in battletech, PC, NPC, canon character or anything else that you've ever seen, played or read about?
>>
>>43867504
Isis Marik
>>
File: BL-KNT-Black-Knight.png (49 KB, 702x797) Image search: [Google]
BL-KNT-Black-Knight.png
49 KB, 702x797
>>43867504
There is nothing that says "I am a main character" quite like a 75-tonner.
And there isn't a 75-tonner alive that can stand up to the Black Knight's sexy chassis.
>>
>>43867676
the madcat would like a word
>>
File: Prostor-Raiding-Ship-3.jpg (468 KB, 1516x750) Image search: [Google]
Prostor-Raiding-Ship-3.jpg
468 KB, 1516x750
>>43867313
Aren't FTL jumps almost instant in battletech? The charge time being the sole reason for how slow travel can be, along with the dropship transit times at the start and end point.
In some novels I've read of sensors being able to pick up a jump proximity pre-warning, but I'd bet this is just handwaiving to make tense moments. The whole particle burn field is also silly. (near jump collision happens in a seafox DA book)

In my setting FTL jumps completely swap a volume of space on both ends. Jumping into another ship will cut a hole in it :)
>>
>>43868090
>Tactical FTL bridge decapitation
I dub this maneuver, the Guillotine.

Nice to see you around shimmy shams. Any upcoming battletech knew you can disclose?
>>
>>43868212
>Any upcoming battletech knew you can disclose?
News. I meant to say news, gosh am I tired.
>>
>>43862697
VTOLs don't do motive crits, they lose MP when the rotor takes damage.

But since damage to rotors is divided by 10, anything doing 10 points of damage or less isn't actually inflicting damage, so shouldn't do anything.

And even if they do, losing some MP is a lot better than losing the rotor and dying.
>>
>>43868343
>anything doing 10 points of damage or less isn't actually inflicting damage*

*with ferro-lam, I mean.
>>
How good is infantry and where can I find record sheets for them?
>>
>>43868445
>How good is infantry
Depends a lot on where and how you use them. Cities are generally where they fare best, and area denial are one of the things they tend to be best at. But it also depends on what kind of infantry you use, too.

As for record sheets, the bulk of them are those for the infantry featured in TRO 3085, so you want RS 3085: The Cutting Edge. But for the basic standard platoons, TW has all their necessary stats, so it's simple enough to write some up on a piece paper, if not using a blank RS in Techmanual.
>>
>>43867504
Probably Omi Kurita. This is how I imagine her cooking hamburg steak for Victor.
>>
Any good european online shop for Battletech? All I've seen have just books and bits at random.
>>
File: Recognition.gif (104 KB, 715x958) Image search: [Google]
Recognition.gif
104 KB, 715x958
>>43867504
BETTER RECOGNIZE
>>
File: anywhere no arashi.jpg (69 KB, 362x499) Image search: [Google]
anywhere no arashi.jpg
69 KB, 362x499
>>43867504
>>
File: vulpes.png (105 KB, 339x269) Image search: [Google]
vulpes.png
105 KB, 339x269
>>43867504
Pic related, obviously.
>>
>>43869427
You realize that a LAM version of this is plausible, yes?
>>
>How good is infantry
Depends. Jump infantry is pretty hilarious vs 3/5 assaults stuck in heavy woods and their fire support options (thumpers, Arrrow IV, Gauss, RAC and UAC field guns) are cheap.
>>
>>43868793
How are they based? Seven in each hex base?
>>
>>43856375

https://www.artstation.com/artist/etama
>>
>>43869436
So? I don't really like LAMs nor have the raging boner for them that half of /btg/ seems to have.
>>
>>43869519
Okay then.
>>
>>43869486
It's not a WYSIWYG game.
>>
File: PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg (98 KB, 846x1227) Image search: [Google]
PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg
98 KB, 846x1227
>>43867504
The FWL
>>
>>43869592
But some infantry boxes seem to come with a lot of them:

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=16_26&products_id=1899

This house Davita one, if I understand correctly, comes with 60. So are you supposed to use a huge horde? Or it works just putting the "correct" amount of troops in the base?
>>
>>43869297
I still wonder what M. Bison, of all people, is doing in the Inner Sphere.
>>
>>43869669
You put a few, so it is abstracted.

That way you can make a lot of infantry with a few on each base.

Same goes for battle armour. I have some that are 2 or three to a base because they're so large that fitting 4 or 5 would either be impractical, impossible (for some of the really big BA's) or just end up looking like an Elemental Mosh Pit.

Had a friend who put 1 infantry per hex base, but that was a little silly - made it look too open - but 3 or 4 of those tiny infantrymen can work.
>>
>>43869824
>Elemental Mosh Pit
I have no words, but I do have this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivLTPFK9Bdc
>>
>>43869680

"For you, the Kentares massacre was the most important day of your life! For me.. it was Tuesday."
>>
File: blood_raven.jpg (212 KB, 900x593) Image search: [Google]
blood_raven.jpg
212 KB, 900x593
So, if clan Snow Raven fought a trial for what's left of Blood Spirit could they rename the amalgamation Clan Blood Raven?

>Then we could have some real Magpie action!
>>
>>43870132
Is Snow Raven being FUCKING MAGPIES actually a thing, or just because they have Raven in the name?
>>
>>43870155
Tends to stem from this:

>FM: WC, pg. 123:

"Within select Snow Raven units are Stars known as R-teams, which serve as reclamation units. An unusual hybrid of warriors and technicians, such units compromise two 'Mechs, two Points of Elementals and a team of technicians. They are charged with securing battlefield salvage for the Clan, often while under enemy fire. While the warrior contingent secures the area, the technician crews salvage any usable material. The R-team may then either call in appropriate transport vehicles to remove the isorla, or the unit's 'Mechs can manhandle the equipment back to friendly lines (all R-team 'Mechs are equipped with hands and carry nets). The technicians attached to these teams are trained to defend themselves."
>>
>>43870161
>they have dedicated combat looting teams

So they're the main PC faction, right?
>>
>>43870132
>The Creed Of Blake
It has a Pair of Thumpers in its Turret, a UAC-20 in the front and Void-Sig
It also weighs in at 200 Tons, and it floats.
>>
ITT: Crappy Mechs you like and why you them
>>
>>43870387
The Sasquatch. Because it has a ballin' name.

The Juggernaut: See above. Also I like XPLs. And coolant pods. And having 12 MGs.

The Stalker II: Because it's actually got some redeeming qualities, it's only brought down by the 20 tons of TERRIBLE MISSILE LAUNCHERS.

The Commando: Because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>43870132
Kindly fuck off
>>
>>43870387
FWL LGRspam. I can't help but like it.
>>
>>43870387
The Yeoman. I think it's cute.
>>
>>43870410

>Stalker II

The issue isn't that it's brought down, it's that it can't stand back up again
>>
>>43870161
This is why I like the Ravens, This and the fact that OA civilians still think Clanners are mysterious aliens, even after being under their occupation for years. (Which at least suggests they aren't being too brutally oppressed)
>>
>>43871014
And it has enough free crit space to be made into a Quad mech without changing the armament.
>>
>>43871055
Stalker II-Q when?
>>
File: quadstalker2.png (37 KB, 644x836) Image search: [Google]
quadstalker2.png
37 KB, 644x836
>>43871065
I made one back in October. Here ya go.
>>
>>43871160
Excellent.
>>
File: Urban Spider.png (50 KB, 681x984) Image search: [Google]
Urban Spider.png
50 KB, 681x984
Post quads for jesus
>>
>>43871244
>not Annihilator Quad
m8
>>
File: Quadback.png (38 KB, 647x865) Image search: [Google]
Quadback.png
38 KB, 647x865
>>43871244
>>
>>43870387

Land-Air-Mechs, under the new Beta rules. Because LAMs are awesome, and they completely and utterly suck for actual tabletop gameplay now.
>>
>>43871055

I have no idea what a quad stalker would look like
>>
>>43871342
There's twice as much "How do your Legs work!"
>>
>>43871342
I imagine something a little like the boggart, just chunkier with a dome in front and no big ass gun on top.
>>
File: Caerbannog RBT-69MP-1.png (440 KB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
Caerbannog RBT-69MP-1.png
440 KB, 1700x2200
>>43871342
Take a Goliath. Replace the body with a buttplug. Duct tape some missiles to it. Done.

Also, someone asked for quads for jesus. Here, have a very stupid Quad mech I made awhile back.
>>
What are your favorite variants for these mechs:

Phoenix Hawk
Griffin
Hermes II
Wasp
>>
Uniped, Quintaped or Hexapod Mechs when?
>>
>>43871296
What makes them suck?
>>
>>43871571

If they choose to come into weapons range (which, admittedly, they can choose when to do), they generally hit on 10-11s and are hit on 6-7s, assuming they fire the same weapon which is fired at them.

You can make a LAM essentially unhittable, as long as you're playing on a big board and the enemy doesn't have too many dudes (so that there's nowhere to move that's in weapons range). In return, it can't actually DO anything besides move around really fast. In terms of the tabletop game, it's a totally useless unit: the Mech mode dies to units 60% of its weight, the ASF mode dies to ASF units 40% of its weight, and the AirMech mode either zooms around unhittably, or it dies to fucking EVERYTHING. It's just incredibly bad game design.

To be complete, though, LAMs are incredibly good strategically. If you have them and the enemy doesn't, the enemy basically can't have ammo or fuel dumps, because the LAMs will kill them. But the point of the game isn't that level of strategic resource depletion - it's about giant robots fighting each other on the battlefield. LAMs cannot participate in that in a meaningful fashion under the IntOps rules, and that is why they suck.
>>
>>43871571
You seem new or whatever, so just please take it from me: don't actually start this shit.

>>43871658
You have no excuses. You know better than to start LAM shit around here. That one anti-LAM fuck is going to come and ruin the thread now.

>>43871541
>Phoenix Hawk
-1b "Special". A rugged, simple, great machine.

>Griffin
The -3M. Simple, rugged, solid. Another fantastic machine.

>Hermes II
The -5C. Gotta love the laser boat scout mech.

>Wasp
Believe it or not, the Primitive Wasp. It looks amazing and is a great mech in its home era..
>>
>>43868343
>But since damage to rotors is divided by 10, anything doing 10 points of damage or less isn't actually inflicting damage, so shouldn't do anything.
Ferro-lam does not stop motive crits or rotor hits from happening. You still take the -1MP for a rotor hit even if you have ferro-lam stopping that PPC.
>>
>>43871541
>Griffin
The LFE Grif is literally the best variant out of all of the trinity.
>>
What's a good ride for the commander of a Periphery Merc Battalion in the 3140s? The battalion is currently on contract with the Marians to stir up trouble amongst the Free World League and independant planets nearby.
>>
>>43872169
Malice
>>
>>43872169
Atlas III.
>>
>>43872187
I don't know if a Malice would be great because of the low damage and the lack of CASE.
>>43872289
You're right that an Atlas III would be a good ride for a commander but I don't think these mercenaries have access to Clan Tech or techs capable of keeping it repaired for too long. Plus Robinson is a long way away from the battalion
>>
>>43872169

How rich are these mercs?
>>
>>43872375
Rich enough to be able to afford tech support and transport costs, but not rich enough for their own dropship.
>>
>>43871541
Which era?
In 3025, the phoenix hawk -D is great, as is the Griffin-S
All of the 3050 Griffins are great. For later models, there's a disgustingly good LFE griffin and a pretty fun LGR model. For the wasp, there's a very nice jihad-era LPPC model, and I can't say much about the Hermes II, because it's not a mech that I use much
>>43872169
De-primitiveized Mackie, Bandersnatch, Marauder II-H, Awesome-9Q, Emperor, maybe a late-model banshee
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 554x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 554x800
>>43872169
>working for pirates with delusions of grandeur
>not working for a proper state
How desperate are you?
>>
File: 3050U_Stalker.png (427 KB, 1495x1623) Image search: [Google]
3050U_Stalker.png
427 KB, 1495x1623
>>43871342
>>
>>43872636
Glorious.
>>
>>43872636
A charge from this would be glorious.
>>
>>43872636

mecha-dildoMK2.jpg
>>
>>43872422
I think the Banshee 9S, Awesome 9Q, Marauder II-H, and Emperor 6A are probably what I've narrowed the choices down to.
>>43872482
The mercenaries are effectively three smaller periphery commands banding together for defense and insurance if a planetary government screws them over. And hey, the Marians give a chance to participate in FWL intrigue and lots of Life of Brian references.
>>43872636
That's probably the most lore friendly option. Probably could even use it in negotiations as the "super secret prototype the commander uses as his ride."
>>
I still cant get over accordion joints. They are nearly slinky levels of silly.
>>
>>43872734
>Emperor 6A
Go with this one. Emperors don't see enough table play. The Banshee, Awesome, and Marauder all see plenty of action, while the poor Emperor doesn't.
>>
>>43872734
if you do pick the MAD-H, remember that you can get a close to 50% increase in the number of rockets for free by swapping to all 10-packs
>>
>>43872734
Marianes eunt domus?
>>
>>43872759
Yeah I think the Emperor will probably be the ride, although a Stalker/ Quad frankenmech sounds tempting.
>>43872889
Yes, that and a drunk merc introducing himself to a Senator as Biggus Dickus.
>>
>>43872981
there's two modifications to the emp that you should consider: first would be dumping the MPLs so you can swap the LLs for PPCs or LPLs, and the second would be to swap the MPLs for twin regular MLs if you expect a lot of CQC
>>
>>43873127

It's a shame there's no model for the primitive emperor yet - that seems like the best art it's gotten so far.
>>
>>43873347
It seriously is amazing looking. Also, since we're on the topic... PRIMITIVE XANTHOS WHEN?!
>>
>>43873347
it is a goddamn shame, for sure.
the regular emp is one of the few mechs where the potato3058 look actually kind of works, mostly because it ends up looking kind of fat spaceman-y
>>
File: iwsxs1.jpg.png (26 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
iwsxs1.jpg.png
26 KB, 600x800
All in favor of renaming Battletech
Mexican Star Wars say aye
>>
File: Just One More Pass.jpg (31 KB, 636x339) Image search: [Google]
Just One More Pass.jpg
31 KB, 636x339
>>43872636
First thought
>>
>>43874096

It seems sad that's still one of the better depictions of a Gargoyle out there.
>>
>>43874151
Nah, AT-ATs are more of an Assault-class Troop transport Quad, with two LPLs mounted in each side torsos
>>
File: Sirocco.png (198 KB, 581x706) Image search: [Google]
Sirocco.png
198 KB, 581x706
>>43874330
>>43874151
>needing to make a Stalker quad at all.
>>
>>43874374
Why does it have guns on its knees? Why does it NEED guns on its knees?
>>
>>43874411
Because they were fresh out of Dracula Uniforms.
>>
>>43874607
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: Wrasslehog.jpg (415 KB, 987x1045) Image search: [Google]
Wrasslehog.jpg
415 KB, 987x1045
>>43874645
Machine Gun Knees, anon. Though in this case, it's "ER Medium Laser and A-Pod" knees.
>>
>>43874699
I still have no clue what the cocking cockers you are talking about.
>>
File: FRR-dress-uniform-3054.png (394 KB, 366x667) Image search: [Google]
FRR-dress-uniform-3054.png
394 KB, 366x667
>>43874728
The Viking has a pair of Machine Guns in each leg, with the art having them mounted in the knee joint. Additionally, the dress uniform for the FRR looks like pic related, thus "Dracula Uniforms."
>>
>>43874699
>crazy Shilone bitches
[dead ilKhan noises]
>>
>>43874772
Oh,now I get it, if only you had explained what you meant in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>playing The Phantom Pain
>realize the game is a goldmine for mech names
>>
>>43875396
Plus we get the Sahalanthropus superheavy Proto out of it.
>>
File: Shagohod.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Shagohod.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
BiVees when?
>>
File: RollingThunderSA.jpg (130 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
RollingThunderSA.jpg
130 KB, 900x900
Who is your favorite unit?

First Regulan here. ROLLING THUNDER
>>
>>43875550

I think you mean quadvee hovers.

A biped with hover would just be a mech that squats and farts to travel.
>>
>>43875985
>I think you mean quadvee hovers.
But fitting the conversion stuff for a hover would take up 20% of the total mass of the mech.
>>
>>43871367

How could you Dilbert walk with four legs?

>>43872636

I stand corrected
>>
File: Orientehussars2nd.png (47 KB, 423x313) Image search: [Google]
Orientehussars2nd.png
47 KB, 423x313
>>43875736
2nd Oriente Hussars
>>
>>43876084

Is anything about quadvees supposed to be practical?
>>
>>43872636
The "I REGRET NOTHING!" elemental is still my favorite.
>>
>>43872482
Damn, now I want an "I <3 Port Krin" shirt
>>
>>43876300
tomoboshi a best BT art
>>
>>43871658

This is entirely bullshit. LAMs are easily the most powerful units in the game based on their ability to choose when and where to attack, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. CGL should have put a maximum armor cap on them (like, 4 tons tops), or made it so that they're entirely unable to attack in Airmech mode. In conclusion, eat a dick, and stop being a powergaming faggot
>>
File: ERPPC bait.png (53 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
ERPPC bait.png
53 KB, 500x501
>>43877503
>>
>>43877503

B8/10.

>>43871658

More seriously though: This is how LAMs should work.

They are *NOT* line combat units. Every previous version of their rules has let them run roughshod over all other combat units. They were infinitely better than any other option for any combat role than any other 'Mech you could name, up to and including the ones people love to bitch about like the Hellstar.

Now they're great for recon work but can't kite entire enemy formations to death. If they are fighting anything, it should be limited base defence forces, light 'Mechs, or infantry. That's always been their role fluff-wise as special forces machines, but rules-wise they've been able to curb-stomp everything in straight-up combat until now.
>>
>>43877801

If a unit isn't supposes to be useful on the actual game table, then it shouldn't exists in the first place. There is a damn middle ground between the assrape LAMs used to embody, and the utter uselessness they currently personify.
>>
Can we get the mods to ban anyone who posts LAM?
>>
Fuck LAMs

they should never have been in and I'm glad to see them nerfed to shit such that nobody ever uses them
>>
>>43878098
I'm starting to see why the topic is banned at the BTech forums.

Sorry I brought it up...
>>
>>43878109

WIGE quadvees. They're coming.
>>
>>43878109

Go fuck yourself. All they ever required were clearly thought through rules and a player base not composed of utter cunts. Unfortunately, we have CGL writing their rules, and players like you.
>>
>>43877926

They are a strategic asset meant primarily for campaign play.

Hence their place in Interstellar Ops and the rules making them actually *work* that way instead of being win buttons like they used to be.

If pro-LAM players want them to have normal AMMs/TMMs, they need to accept a movement rate of no more than 1.5 X Jump in AirMech mode. They then become about as mobile as similar mass vehicles, with the balancing factor being their greater toughness. Anything more than that, even NEA's oft-suggested 2 X Jump MP idea, makes them effectively unhittable.
>>
>>43878261
Yes, yes...let the butthurt flow through you, LAMfag.
>>
>>43878385
>Effectively unhittable

Except by precision ammo, pulse weapons, tcomps, lbs ACs...in fact, even ry goddamn thing you use to shoot at any other fast unit. If speed is such problem, maybe unit time should be capped at 2 so the scary fast units can't touch you in any more bad placees.

Oh, and as someone who actually READ what NEA was saying, he wanted x2 jump movement while still using aerospace angle of attack, the way IntOps does it. He just wanted them to have the same AMMs as every other fucking unit in the game in exchange for getting hit so easily. Fuck, we don't even use goddamn LAMs, but even our meta thinks that CGL wnt too far in the nerf.
>>
How do I make a fluffy list around a Tiburon?
>>
>>43878708
A Sharkfox merchant and his products.

A star of Tiburon, Mad Cat IV, and some IICs.
>>
File: 1424086087318.jpg (278 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1424086087318.jpg
278 KB, 800x800
>>43877926 >>43878261
Support vees exist, mobile structures exist, industrial mechs exist, MASH units exist, civilian vehicles exist.
In summery, eat a bag of cocks.
>>43878109 >>43878412
You also eat a bag of cocks.
>>
>>43878697
>Fuck, we don't even use goddamn LAMs, but even our meta thinks that CGL wnt too far in the nerf.

In other words, you have zero experience and should shut your fuckhole.
>>
>>43871296
>>43871658
where are the new beta rules and have they covered Battle Armor transport?
>>
>>43878697

>Except by precision ammo, pulse weapons, tcomps, lbs ACs...in fact, even ry goddamn thing you use to shoot at any other fast unit. If speed is such problem, maybe unit time should be capped at 2 so the scary fast units can't touch you in any more bad placees.

The other unit types that can move so fast are either way more fragile (VTOLs, etc) or have to take a risk (Fire Moth etc) to do so.

LAMs are as tough as 'Mechs and don't need to take risks to move that fast. So the balance to that is that they struggle to fight, which is fine.

Them being able to spam +5 TMMs and control range with the typical LAM literally moving 18/27 is the heart of the problem. They can't do both and remain any kind of balanced. And no, 2 X Jump base WIGE MP still isn't enough of a concession to balance.

>>43878708

Piranhas and Solitaires.
>>
>>43879040
>namefag pissing off multiple sides of the same argument

Enjoy getting shit forever in these threads.
>>
>>43879102
They cannot have a +5 TMM and still shoot, though. If they want to shoot, they get a between a +1 and +3, depending on the angle of attack, and the thing they are shooting at will get a +2 in 99% of circumstances. Why is that so fucking hard to admit?
>>
>>43878708

It's Sea Foxes, so you can put in just about anything you like. There's very little that they couldn't get hold of. If you want to stay conventional then pick anything that either the Sea Foxes make themselves (or made in the past as Diamond Sharks) or that are widespread Clan mechs. Sea Foxes would have picked up some Nova Cat stuff over the years too - both they and the Ghost Bears will have small but notable amounts in their toumans.
>>
>>43879224

Because that doesn't support anti-LAMfag arguments, obviously.
>>
>>43879224

I'm talking about the people who want LAMs to have their cake and eat it too. If they want LAMs to have the ability to generate TMMs normally, anything above a 1.5 X Jump MP for AirMech WIGE movement is way too much.

But then, I'm not a LAM-spamming power gamer, so I'm fine with the rules as they stand in the IntOps Beta. I've had enough bad experiences with players who want LAMs to know that the moment you give an inch they want to take a mile, and literally none of the proposed "solutions" in this thread or the OF come as close to balance as what we actually have.

*IF* pro-LAM players will accept a limit of 1.5 X Jump MP for their Cruise WIGE movement, I'm fine with them generating AMMs and TMMs like a WIGE normally would.

Otherwise, their other options are to use the IntOps rules or to follow Nephanim's advice from >>43879040.
>>
>>43879391

So if you're not OK with the IntOps rules, that makes you a LAM-spamming power gamer?
>>
>>43879482
Not him, but yes, and I would rather see LAMS gone entirely than deal with more LAMfags. I'm thoroughly sick of the whole topic.
>>
>>43879641

This. LAMfags are among the worst shitters in the fanbase. They're probably Robotech plebs too.
>>
>>43879391

I don't know why I'm bothering, but here we go:

EITHER OF THESE IS TOTALLY FINE

1)
-LAM movement: x1.5 Jump MP = AirMech Cruise
-Generate TMMs as normal for WiGE units based on distance moved, +1 for being an airborne unit
-Generate AMMs as normal for WiGE units (+1 for cruiser, +2 for Flank)

2)
-LAM movement: x2 Jump MP = AirMech Cruise
-Generate TMMs as per IntOps Beta (+1 for being an airborne unit, plus angle of attack, that's it, ever)

WHAT IS NOT OK

1)
-LAM movement as per IntOps Beta: x3 Jump MP = AirMech Cruise
-Generate TMMs as per IntOps Beta (+1 for being an airborne unit, plus angle of attack, that's it, ever)
-Generate AMMs as per IntOps Beta (+3 for Cruise, +4 for Flank)

2)
-LAM movement as per IntOps Beta: x3 Jump MP = AirMech Cruise
-Generate TMMs as normal for WiGE units based on distance moved, +1 for being an airborne unit

That's where I fall. Stop arguing that I want anything resembling either the current IntOps rules, or some "super LAM" rules where they get x3 movement, standard WiGE AMMs based on their movement, and take normal WiGE to hit penalties.

Also, if you're arguing against LAMs existing at all because they don't fit the game universe or something, then I suggest you take the advice Nephanim gave to everyone he quoted.
>>
File: jewbeedoobydoo.png (557 KB, 1085x899) Image search: [Google]
jewbeedoobydoo.png
557 KB, 1085x899
Whats up my jungle brethren?
>>
>>43879482

Arguing for anything less than the complete retcon of LAMs from the game and the mandatory confiscation and destruction of any and all material containing LAMs from the collections of every Battletech player (and the sterilization of everyone who argues against this) makes you a LAM-spamming power gamer.
>>
>>43879758
bait for the bait god...
>>
For everyone's reference, "LAMfags" at this point includes both the pro-LAM fucknuts and the anti-LAM fucknuts, both of whom cannot ever shut up about it because they're both piles of butthurt autistic shits. You are BOTH horrible groups of people and I hope you all die of New Samarkand Double Space Ebola.

Now, can we discuss something else?
>>
File: Gürteltier.png (120 KB, 799x560) Image search: [Google]
Gürteltier.png
120 KB, 799x560
>>43879803
We should talk about how much better life is with gauss rifles.
>>
>>43879803
No.
>>
>>43879758
>I can't make an argument without strawmanning the shit out of the other side

I don't want to debate, I just want to talk about my pain.
>>
>>43879724
>if you're arguing against LAMs existing at all because they don't fit the game universe or something, then I suggest you take the advice Nephanim gave to everyone he quoted.

You booty blistered by independent thought? No wonder you were so ok with CGL ramming their cock up it, soothed the pain.
>>
>>43879803

Cool, cool. What topic is there that won't devolve into autism and trolling? The next one we see will be the first, so please, by all means, suggest something.
>>
>>43879837

Gauss Rifles are where it's at. Gauss are one of those weapons that are powerful and will always be a top choice, but aren't borderline broken like cLPL. I wish my dad was a Gauss Rifle.

Grogs will disagree (hurr durr AC20 should be the only headcapper) but grogs can eat shit.
>>
>>43879803
No. Not until LAMs are retconed away completely.
>>
>>43879976
Perseus configs
>>
>>43879976

How about the one where bombastic self-important namefags are the cancer that's killing /btg/, and how everything would be better if they and their little harem of white knights just fucked off forever?
>>
>>43879803

Fuck off. I'm going to keep on it until CGL fixes the damn rules, and you can't stop me. Whinge about it more. I'm sure that will help.
>>
File: 3055u_War_Dog.png (960 KB, 1194x1197) Image search: [Google]
3055u_War_Dog.png
960 KB, 1194x1197
>>43879977
I personally like how there are borderline and bad gauss mechs.
>>
>>43880032
This. NEA has turned into an assholes with fanboys, CA spergs out about SLDF and Taurians, and Neph is working on being NEA junior.
>>
>>43880032

Good theoretical topic. Too bad there's more of a chance of the unseen coming back than that happening, though. So what are you going to do about it? Go cry on the OF? Beg a red beemer for help? Or - god forbid - you find a big-boy neurohelment and deal with it?

>fuck me, I came on here to get away from drunken family Thanksgiving drama. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
>>
>>43880200
Do not feed the trolls.
>>
>>43880200
>came here to get away from drunken family drama

Puss off you alcoholic fuck. You gonna get all bitchy and blame it on booze yet again?
>>
>>43880031
Triggered.

>>43880082
You're just asschapped because I have fun. If only I was bitter and angry, and clutched to a faction, you'd have no issues. Suffice to say, I don't like "Nukes are the only viable answer!" Taurians, and in fact enjoy a TC that has shades of the Antebellum Southern US, with less slavery and more of a Western US circa 1880s feel. It's weird I know. It's like I want the faction to have a flavor beyond being one note retards.
>>
Would you let a clan chick spank your bum?
>>
>>43880256

All of which just proves how much of a shill you are.
>>
>>43880255

I'm the sober one tonight. I'm in the middle of watching my brother get a divorce, I think, though.
>>
>>43880327
Holy shit dude.

They ought to just have a fucking place where you can rent a shovel and sleep in a hole during thankgiving.
>>
>>43880303
We are Legion.
>>
bet she has soft hands
>>
>>43880354

Yeah, seriously.

I was hoping - judging by the beginning of the thread where I was paying attention - that I could come in and have some fun and a real conversation (even if it was about LAMs, somebody has to be willing to talk rationally about them EVENTUALLY, right?) to take my mind off the screaming in the dining room. My bad for not taking full measure of the screaming in the thread before jumping back in.
>>
>>43880382
thats it, just ease into it, like a joystick on an Atlas

>mutters "More like a commando..."
>>
>>43879837
What about Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles?

I love those things... long-ranged LB 15-X basically. :D
>>
>>43880382

They're probably Downy (syndrome) soft.
>>
>>43880403
Fantastic.

They are the AA gun that the LB 5-X wishes it could be.
>>
>>43880403

IMO, they're one of the best AAA pieces in the game. Not a terrible critseeker, but if you could swap out every LB-5X in the Inner Sphere for SB Gausses, you'd make a LOT of pilots very, very sad.
>>
File: 3182827.jpg (456 KB, 859x966) Image search: [Google]
3182827.jpg
456 KB, 859x966
she will break you
>>
So, /btg/, tell me about that AU that you're working on and the best or worst that you've seen
>>
File: 1447297195882.png (347 KB, 834x1140) Image search: [Google]
1447297195882.png
347 KB, 834x1140
>>43879729
>>
>>43880554

Worst: every AU

Best: encapsulated by pic related
>>
>This thread

Is there anything that BTG won't irrationally hate on just for the sake of spite and trolling? Are there any positive aspects to this fanbase at all?
>>
File: Jelena[1].jpg (85 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Jelena[1].jpg
85 KB, 620x349
>>43880276
I would gladly accept her batchall.
I don't let a lady's national origins dictate my appreciation of her sexual prowess.
>>
>>43880733
You. are. on. 4Chan.

Meditate on this.
>>
File: FUNKYTOWN.png (400 KB, 834x1140) Image search: [Google]
FUNKYTOWN.png
400 KB, 834x1140
>>43880581
ahhhhhhh yeeeeeeeaaa!
>>
>>43880276
Clan girls a slut, worst waifus
>>
>>43880840

And this is still the least-bad Battletech community online. So the question stands.
>>
>>43879803

Can we start a new -fag?

Ultra heavy 300+ ton mech fags?

Land battleship fags?

Why doesn't artillery hard counter mech assaults-fags?
>>
>>43880733
/btg/ specifically is usually better than this, but a couple of namefags fell victim and the trolls are feasting. Battletech overall seems to have an unusually high number of grog and dumbasses
>>
>>43880988
As someone who's been out of BattleTech for a good... middle of the Jihad, whenever that was... what exactly happened to the CBT forums?

I used to post there, but drifted off years ago. Now all I hear is bad things. The name MadCapellen keeps coming up (a name I recognise from back in the day).
>>
>>43881003

<insert faction> - fags
<insert unit type> -fags
<insert character name> -fags
Pro-CGL-fags
Anti-CGL-fags
No-strong-opinions-one-way-or-the-other-fags
>>
File: 250px-Alacorn[1].jpg (13 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
250px-Alacorn[1].jpg
13 KB, 250x175
Did you remember to calibrate your track tension today /btg/?
That's right, captcha, I'm not a robot, I'm a tank.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.