[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a Degenesis thread, 'cause some of you fuckers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 6
File: DegenesisPelea.jpg (161 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DegenesisPelea.jpg
161 KB, 640x360
Let's have a Degenesis thread, 'cause some of you fuckers have to have the physical books at this point surely. How is everyone's campaigns going?
>>
>>43853989
Wrong picture.
>>
>>43854202
That's a doctor fucker choking out a Judge. How is that a wrong picture?
>>
>>43854285
It's completely SFW.
>>
If no one has it yet, they should strike now; Black Friday sale is -50% off, making the Black Edition cheaper than the original White Edition, much to the chagrin of us who preordered.

http://shop.sixmorevodka.com/en/13-degenesis-eng
>>
>>43854561
Fine, fair enough. Have a dumb shellfish mutant
>>43854612
I legitimately wish I had the cash for this. A mate of mine has the physical books, and they're fucking beautiful.
>>
>>43854651
Borrow/steal it and pay it back later, you'll not get this chance again most likely.
>>
>>43854669
I wish mate, I wish
>>
>>43854612
Hahahaha!

And the game isn't even good! Get fucked, nerds!
>>
>>43854701
It legitimately is good though
>>
File: 1410944248324.png (710 KB, 576x864) Image search: [Google]
1410944248324.png
710 KB, 576x864
>>43854701
>>43854701
>>
>>43854701
Sorry, I meant the RPG, obviously the setting is alright.
>>
Anyhow, has anyone had a chance to play anything since the last thread? I may be joining one game soon, and possibly leading one, but I need to read up on the setting more. Loving it so far.
>>
>>43854804
I had a fairly involved session earlier today, if anyone wants to know how that went
>>
>>43854832
Storytime!
>>
>>43854832
Of course we do, take your time and make up something interesting.
>>
>>43853989
Can anyone give me a quick mechanics rundown? Is it.. what, d20 system?
>>
>>43854921
D6's, 4+ are success, 6 are crits ("triggers"), dice pools are Attribute+Skill. Number of needed successes are determined by GM.
>>
>>43854937
Thank you much
>>
>>43854843
>>43854850
Sorry guys. I had a big post with the story time but I got banned for the naked shell lady I posted earlier. Sorry
>>
>>43854612
Mother fucker.
>>
>>43855171
Marko, one of the devs and the main artist, came out in a conversation on Facebook and understood people being pissed, and he was gonna talk to the team about it. He seemed legit.
>>
>>43855205
That's really cool of him. He doesn't need to do that. I'm slightly butthurt about it, but I don't expect any kind of compensation.
>>
>>43855245
Well, he said, he can't pull something from thin air, but the fact that he at least brings it to attention is somewhat enough for me.
>>
>>43855264
>Walks into the main office room
"Guys, we need to talk."

"We are making so much goddamn money right now, gimme a high five!"
>>
Who is that man attacking Ben Garrison in OP's pic?
>>
>>43855495
It's that nazi guy from Hellboy.
>>
>>43855264
I agree. I think that's very cool of him.
>>
Soooo, I am in a kinda good mood. Unless the shitposting and general fuckery here continues, I offer you to at least rudimentary translate stuff from that photographed PDF that was flying around here earlier. In the moment I'm kinda occupied, but in a couple of hours I shall come back and be of assistance. So, post your requests.
Please remember that I'm one person and I certainly cannot translate huge amounts of text in a limited time. The shorter the passage you ask for, the more precise my translation will be, if you ask for, I dunno, several pages, I will reduce fluff text to [here is fluff about this or that] – unless you ask specifically about the fluff.

Also I don't know the translations of all the game terminology. In most cases it's pretty clear, otherwise I'll ask or describe what I mean.
>>
>>43855628

Yes please, go ahead
>>
Bump for potential storytime.
>>
>>43855836
I don't know what you people would consider (most) interesting (I mean, in the last thread, someone gave a run-down of the fight system). Request stuff! Either a page or a theme (in the latter case there is a chance I derp while searching).

Possible themes are: Different clans with their rangs and potentials, more details about fighting (some weapons have very VERY dangerous optional rules), specific item categories… I myself started reading up on AMSUMO (dunno what they are called in English, AMSySMO, maybe? Anyways, the robot dudes), so I'm almost done with the book.
>>
>>43856093
They're still called AMSUMO, just wanted to point that out.
>>
English pdf when

>>43856093
Details of clanner sub-cults, please.
>>
>>43856093

I want the enemoi
>>
Just a short heads-up, still no time yet. In 2–3 hours I should have enough time for y'all.
>>43856305
There is only one "cult" for all clanners, with the same rules for everything. They suggest to homebrew something if you wish to, or to just limit yourself to general potentials (which are the main difference between different cults). There are also a couple of tables for random generation (stuff like religion, tech level etc.). You can ask more questions or I will just come later. Until then I will also have time to look in the book. Are you interested in the different positions/rangs?
>>
>>43856388
Can you say what part of the book they should be in? Antagonists? I haven't read about them yet.
>>
>>43856961

Should be in the primal punk book, in human potential adversaries
>>
>>43857280
Actually, adversaries and other clanner tribe are in Katharsys.
>>
>>43856414
I have a little time right now, so I proceed. I'll start with the rank ladder (page 30 of the PDF).
1. Scout. Gets +1d for attack rolls for protection of the clan, also simple weapons. If tech level of the clan >2, also a firearm
2. Hunter. Needs some endurance, shooting and survival. +2d for searching of huntable animals in clan territory, also +2d for Stealth (RAW everywhere). Gets better weapons and if tech level >3 a hunting rifle
2. (sic! alternative rank for Hunter) Gatherer. Needs social talents and orientation. Gets a set of maps, is better in, well gather food, and has to do the talking with people from the outside.

That's what you're interested in? I can very well proceed (there are 5 ranks more), but if that's not what you wanted to know, I don't have to.
The next page has the aforementioned rolling tables.

>>43856113
Okay, weird (the abbreviation means btw Autonomous Mobile System for Support of Military Operations). But thank you.

>>43857280
>>43857327
>>43856388
Thank you, looking up!
>>
>>43857280
>>43856388
…May it be that the enemoi are called Sleepers in the German version? (since it's photos I cannot do a fulltext search). Basically megahightech people waking up and fucking with societies from what I got from 30sec reading.
>>
>>43856113
>>43856414
>>43857405
I amybe also should mention that the example clans (there are about 20 of them, even if some are totally unplayable) sometimes have a potential of their own listed.
>>
>>43857447
>>43856388
Fuck, sorry. Found them now. I haven't remembered from reading through the book for the first time.
Starting to type up, hold to your seats.
>>
>>43857610
holding...
>>
>>43857610
>>43856388

ENEMOI
First of all they are mentioned to be a contrast to the general grim darkness. The history of the Convoy is a story of bravery and moxie. As the world as we've known it started to dissolve, the people ov the Convoy were the ones who supported and held together the survivors. None of them is left.
The enemoi are supposed to be their heirs.

The name is either based on "enemy convoy" or maybe "anemone", the wind gods of the Old World.

They travel around with their old UN segmented trucks and bring weapons and justice (rather literally, they also act as judges) to the tribes. They act as a neutral third party and are paid in knowledge.

They have 5 trucks, each one huge, with bluish camo and 8 wheels (sorry, some of my sentences are not a very nice read, I try to type more in less time and most language finesse dies on the way). The biggest truck is called the Stronghold (or the Fortress) and has two floors and is as high as a house. The others are called Aquila, Fornax, Sagittarus and Orion.

(fuck sorry, have to go again, I#ve only done two paragraphs until now. Coming back in a bit)
>>
pdf probably next week
>>
>>43857800
When the trucks stop, they form a pentacle, then they drive hydraulic beams into the earth and each other, stabilizing and connecting the construction. Free space between the trucks is filled with steel beams and steel plates. The roof is made of steel mesh. No clan in Borca has ever managed to overpower the mobile fortress.
You enter through Aquila. Merchants and help seekers are generally welcome (as in, they are always let in), but everybody is seen with a hearty dose of suspicion. The "yard is always watched by several guards with rifles.
Favourite payment is knowledge, in every form (books, stream viewers, artifacts). The enemoi are careful around food because some time ago the team of one of the trucks were poisoned.

Enemoi protect clans against bandits, Baptists (or whatever they are called) and Judges. The latter two are (also) considered attackers against the Old World democratic value system.

Enemoi themselves take the job of the judicative and executive power in the settlements they protect atm. After they consider the society of settlement evolved enough and the settlement has chosen a new government, the enemoi subordinate themselves.

>next post incoming, just wanted to make a small break.
>Questions are welcome. I haven't proof read what I've written right now, so please do ask if you don't understand something.
>last part of the page left, the one about the trucks
>>
are there any energy weapons?
>>
>>43853989
Ordered today
>>
>>43858199
Each truck has its own meaning. Aquila is the portal and the start of the career of each young enemoi. They are supposed to do guard duty or control externals.
Fornax contains the lab and the work benches. It belongs to the technical branch of the enemoi. Sagittarius is the weaponry. Orion has the best motorization and is used for hunt and scout missions. The driver caste is educated here.
Finally, the Stronghold. On the first floor the eldest sit and work with the data collection. The real heart, the one that really carries the smell of the Old World, is on the second floor. The Acolytes sit there. From a distance they look like hooded broad-shouldered men. But if you look in their faces you see only emotionless ceramic. The Acolytes are AMSUMOs, each one connected to the truck terminals and carrying knowledge of civilizations. They know the positions of old crisis centres, the ones that did not belong to Recombination Group.

The enemoi hold the keys to the future. But they would rather destroy them then give them to the Cults.

(okay, I have to admit, these guys are more than cool)
>that's all
>>
>>43858568
>(okay, I have to admit, these guys are more than cool)

Basically what I feel about each new thing I read about in this game. God damned.
>>
>>43858399
There are sound weapons. Also lasers, but these are more for giving enemies nausea and scaring them.
Also there are electricity weapons, ranged and melee. Former isn't terribly powerful.
>>
>>43858600
I thought that a lot, too. What kinda sucks about enemoi is that the basic Clanner rank ladder isn't really suitable for them.
>>
>>43858646
I imagine some tweaking can be done to fit it better. It's a pretty loose game like that.
>>
Sooo, translateanon here again. Is the translation for enemoi to your pleasure? Any further interests?

Also, >>43856305 I need an answer from you. What sort of information do you need? Ranks or the clan creation tables? (The results of the tables say btw what attributes and skills you get boni for)
>>
>>43858866
Any info on Greece within the greater Balkhans? Just placed my order for the physical books, but I'd love to get planning now.
>>
>>43858934
Sorry, the world is in the other book, the one we don't have a PDF of. But generally Greece doesn't seem to be the focus of Balkhan. In the last thread people with actual fluff knowledge also couldn't say anything about that Greece is there. The (really small) German setting wiki doesn't mention Greece. I THINK it must be contained in the Ionnus Voivodate.
>>
I want to know about hellvetics
>>
>>43859060
That's cool, thanks anyway. I'll see if it is in the new books when they show up sometime next week. Any cool stuff about the Dushani in the pdf? Or what sort of natural animals have mutated or been able to survive the eschaton, besides those super smart man-eater wolves?
>>
>>43858934
Are you the guy from the last thread? Either way, what's the interest in Greece? Are you greek, yourself?
>>
>>43859060
So the german pdf is still a myth at this place?
>>
>>43859135

The Dushani are Homo Degenesis with a chakric focus on their throats giving them control over soundwaves. They see all life and their own existence as part of a grand symphony of which they are the conductors.

They inhabit the mountains and slowly change the environment to their needs, every blade of grass, every rustle of insect legs, every crumbling of rocks is attuned to their otherwordly song, which gets louder every year and slowly creeps beyond the mountains borders.

Only children can hear their song and should an unwanted visitor trespass in their realm and cause disharmony in the symphony by stepping into attuned foliage/rocks/whatever, he is ripped apart by their collective outcry which unloads as a terrible soundcascade over severel kilometres.

Outsiders who survive these cascades from afar are often driven mad, their heads filled with an unearthly ringing, these madmen band together in groups hunting down victims to drive into the sound cascades to create even more crazy people
>>
>>43859135
Oh, the primer fauna got a fair bit. Shit's pretty fucked up, and the way people handle them is even more fucked up. For example, there are the Stukov scorpions, which are nasty enough as is. There are also so called sand worms, which actually are nasty parasites (up to 10 m length. And yes, internal parasites). these fuckers also get you to be attractive to the scorpions, because the scorpion venom is their propagation trigger. After a sandworm infected person gets stung by a Stukov scorpion, their bellies distend even more, and shortly after their intestines rupture and worm larvae exit from both ends of intestine.

These fuckers are also used as a spice (because if you kill and dry them, they are just salty), and as a proof of loyalty. Some clanners go to a person they want to prove their loyalty to, swallow a worm and then give the other person a scorpion, symbolically (or not so symbolically) showing that they can easily kill them if they want.

>>43859285
I don't have it yet. But I'm not a warez god.
>>
>>43859291
>louder every year

I mean more complex every year, as only children can hear those tunes and are lured into their realm, some of them becoming dushani themselves in the process
>>
>>43859166
Not Greek. Just a setting I kind of like.
I've got a group of people new to RPGs and who are interested in a domain game, and I pitched Degenesis which depending on where you set it seems to dictate the style of play that works best. The Balkhans seem pretty solid for a domain game what with their "warlord this month, new warlord next month" vibe.

Greece itself, has a cool variety of environments and given the Dushani and their "evil whale song" ambience alongside their control of jellyfish and squids; doing a coastal campaign would allow me to really incorporate those baddies with ease.

Plus the purging of Turkey prior to the end of the world, coupled with its resources, makes it a pretty viable enemy/empire for the players to contend with, be they Dushani or NeoLibyan occupants.

So there's a cool potential binary, plus some potentially beautiful but derelict locales. It'd allow for use of pretty much any Cult, out there to secure old UN goods or carve out the settlement and secure its borders.

Could also bring in some of Hesiod's Theogony for certain monster types depending on how mutated the world's wildlife got. Was sort of hoping they had a tribe or something so I could start world-building or thinking of what to put in various hexes as encounters.

Just a general interest. Never got to run an old Swords & Sandals game, so a post-apocalyptic Greece just seems like it'd be fun for my group.

>>43859291
>>43859310
Thanks. Good to know.
>>
>>43859291
>Outsiders who survive these cascades from afar are often driven mad, their heads filled with an unearthly ringing, these madmen band together in groups hunting down victims to drive into the sound cascades to create even more crazy people
These fuckers get btw an extra description as an own clan.

>>43859285
It's not on boerse.sx yet, which is my go-to address (dat DSA collection)
>>
>>43859340
>Was sort of hoping they had a tribe or something
Wait, who, the monsters?
not that it's out of question, some of the clans in the book are mutated and unhuman beyond recognition. But I just kinda didn't understand you.
>>
>>43859443
I meant the Greeks having a tribe or a tribal group for that part of the region. Or even the Turks or whoever is occupying Asia Minor that isn't fully hit by the spore wall or any other such barrier.

Thank you for the info so far though.
>>
>>43859340
>>43859291
>>43859135
Dushani can also buff their powers by wearing a fashionable crab on their shoulder.
>>
>>43859310
>>43859384

>yet

I am lurking since release of the pdf. Never saw anything then this photographed katharsys even on other chans.

>myth confirmed
>>
>>43859093
Is that a translate request?
Basically, if you want fluff, other anons can help you more. If you want rules, I would ask you to specify if you want the ranks, the potentials or (with Hellvetics it's really important) the gear.

As a general info, they are Swiss on steroids. They control a huge subterranean stronghold that is the only safe passage between West and East Europe. They are all about weapons, shooting and well-made weapons and armour, with some sprincles of tunnels and tunnel warfare. They have lots of money and and their signature rifle is not only friggin good but also forbidden for anyone else to have.
>>
>>43859543
You can also lurk here: http://www.boerse.sx/boerse/dokumente/dokumente-suche/872045-suche-degenesis-rebirth.html
It's not the fastest, but sometimes they get really good releases.
>>
>>43857800

Sorry, wasn't specific. I'm looking for flavor info for the new, named clans, like the Enemoi.
>>
>>43859609
that's funny. my friend lurking as hard as I do and he actually created this thread on boerse
>>
>>43859747
Well, shit. Hey, at least someone else enjoyed it. I also had a lot of fun reading about them. I mean, dat ASUMOs!
>>
>>43859860
The world is small, the nerds are few. Say your friend my thanks. Außerdem haben deutsche Nerds alle zu viel Geld.
>>
>>43859916
Manche leider nicht... Bei gully hat übrigens jemand gepostet, dass die PDF personalisiert sein soll und deshalb wohl nichts auftaucht, d.h. Der Name des Käufers soll wohl irgendwo verzeichnet sein innerhalb der Datei
>>
>>43859873

They're just about my favorite faction right now, though I still really want to see what the other clans are like.
>>
>>43859958
half of them are spored-up motherfuckers, with no free will and even less sanity. Of the others i currently only remember the cockroaches, but I can look it up, if you want.

>>43859942
Das ist sehr traurig. Und im deutschsprachigen Internet hast du halt weniger kompetente Leute, die das entfernen können, auch wenn >9000h in Gimp es wahrscheinlich bringen würden
>>
>>43859958
>>43860040
Just looked in the PDF and rembered Storskis. They have fucking repaired some trains and ride around in their non-stop party locomotives.
(maybe that's not completely true, I just generally looked in the description)
>>
>>43860040
Ich hab leider keine Ahnung wie diese personalisierung aussieht und ob es viel Arbeit wäre. Ich hoffe darunter leidet die english pdf hier nicht
>>
>>43860040
Cockroaches are fine, as are these Storskis guys with the party train.
>>
>>43860250
Garganti are mammoth herders, Resistance are French people restoring French culture by fighting into the heart of Parasite (former Paris)… Even the Stukov nomads are kinda fluffy, with the whole salt desert thingie with its really fucked up nature and weird nature cycles.

Corredores are Hybrispaniards who believe in a sort of reincarnation. They believe that if they die a Pregnoticist (yes, a Psychonaut, apparently in Hybrispania Africans are more hated than the mutants, and well, Homo Degenesis helps them agains the Africans) will collect their soul and implant in back in time in themselves when they were 12.

Maybe later more clans.
>>
The thread is way too silent now. Since nobody has asked for a translation until now, I'll go away, at least for a while. Will look in here tomorrow. Collect requests. (another suggestion: weapon modification rules and salvaging rules)
>>
Can someone describe what psychovore means?
>>
>>43856093
I would like to hear about the Anabaptists
>>
>>43866159
As before, with what should I start? Potentials or Ranks?
Also will probably be able to start typing in y couple of hours.
>>
>>43865506
Psychovore are, as far as I understand it, African primer-infected flora. In Europe the Primer uses mushrooms to procreate and infect, in Africa it is plants. They work somewhat different than European stuff, and, most of all, the ways people use it is different. In Europe there is Burn, in Africa a magical Cult (the Anubians) can eat certain fruit of these plants, fall in coma for a couple of days and then awaken with blood that is universal medicine and a general stimulant.
>>
Played my first game a week ago, and all i learned is fuck my brother and fuck Apokalyptiker.
>>
>80+ posts from different people amazed about new game and promotions!
>19 posters
>>
>>43866741
Fuck off.
>>
>>43866741
4 posts per poster is perfect average for content threads.
>>
>>43866741
We have a higher post:poster ratio than Shadowrun General, although not so high as Pathfinder General.

Considering that those are both established and heavily discussed RPGs and I hadn't seen a Degenesis thread here ever until just before the English version of Rebirth dropped, I don't think you can ask for much more.
>>
>>43866159
I'd like to remind you of my question: >>43866504
The fluff is in the other book, which nobody here has. But you can start with Google Translating http://zentraler-cluster.de/mediawiki/Wiedert%C3%A4ufer
>>
Oh, the thread is still alive, great.
>>
>magical negro worship: the game

no thanks
>>
>>43867871
>>>/k/

Thank you for posting on /tg/.
>>
>>43854612
so is 149€ the 50% off price or did i miss out
>>
>>43868056
You missed out. It was a Black Friday thing.
>>
File: 1448248547005.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448248547005.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>43868062
well fuck me
>>
File: Marko.png (5 KB, 416x55) Image search: [Google]
Marko.png
5 KB, 416x55
This was in response to the people (me included) upset about the sudden huge sale after preordering full price less than a month ago.

Marko is the main artist, for those who don't know.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>43869115
indeed
>>
>>43853989
>campaigns
have you any campaigns to share?
>>
Who is Gerone Getrell
>>
>>43859583
How do they not just steamroll over everyone else with the best soldiers, weapons, and training?
>>
>>43867871
"magical negro worship" is just one small aspect of the sandbox. Which you can completely ignore because it's a big setting. You don't need to see Africans, magic, or worship at any point during a campaign if you don't want to.

Also you're kind of a cock.
>>
>>43872499
because they just don't care.
>>
>>43872499
As far as I understand:
a) They mostly want to keep their stronghold, they don't have the manpower to control much more.
b) They have the best guns, but Africans have fucking tanks
c) They need other cults for their shticks, like Hospitaliers for the medicine stuff or Chroniclers for tech support.
d) But yes, mostly manpower, and still limited resources (these guns also happen to need bullets, for example)
>>
>>43872664
SJW kek pls go
>>
>>43878969
Clearly thinking unnecessary dislike towards black people, and dismissing an entire setting for that reason is SJW.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.