[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 623x787) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 623x787
Anons, why aren't you rushing out to buy Games Workshop $300 sets that are 5% off?
>>
As much as I love GW's models and settings (well, one of them now at least), It absolutely blows my mind how a company can be so inept in regards to their community and marketing in general.
>>
>>43849164
The Eldar kit doesn't have any models I want, and there isn't a Sisters of Battle kit.

Also, the savings are garbage compared to the normal discounts you can find elsewhere.
>>
>>43849164
Because the store I play at gives me 20% off and if I pay in cash, they cover the sales tax. Also, the chaos bundles arent what I'm after. Glad they are doing slightly discounted bundles though. It's a good step forward
>>
>>43849164
>buying direct from GW
FLGS can order in the non-web exclusive bundles and give you an extra 20-25% off
Went from $470 down to $300 this way
>>
File: 18ay8qqg3o643jpg.jpg (29 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
18ay8qqg3o643jpg.jpg
29 KB, 800x509
I got a brand new Tau Firebase Support Cadre for 20 or so less.
>>
This is like ludicrously bad.
>>
Some mental math on the IG tank group is ~15% off, still nothing to write home about.
>>
No LM, no OK, no TK, my armies are not included.
I'm not sure if they have both square and round bases or just round ones.
And I'm not going to drop between 200 and 700€ at once to start a new army.
>>
Already the complaining about how a niche product doesn't have slashed prices comparable with at least 100x the demand has begun.

>>43851112

>I'm not sure if they have both square and round bases or just round ones.

You appear to get both.
>>
>>43851139
>You appear to get both.

That'd be very good news. Main problem for me then is my armies are not included.
>>
>5%

They are literally retards when it comes to marketing.
>>
>>43849164
The eldar wrath host is 50 bucks cheaper
>>
File: gee dubs marketing at its finest.jpg (271 KB, 1288x1096) Image search: [Google]
gee dubs marketing at its finest.jpg
271 KB, 1288x1096
My backlog will keep me entertained for another 3-5 months, and I usually buy at shop that cuts around 20-25% of GW prices. I go to GW only for WH:Visions I collect and can't get anywhere else.
>>
>>43852007
That's a shitty kult of speed there.
Even for PLN1,010.
They really need new buggies.
>>
>>43852038
I want to belive anon, if they (someday) deliver, they'll probably be as expensive as mek guns with similar amonut of customization and grey crack amonut.
>>
>>43849164
Only checked the DA Demi Company, and it's about 20% off.

Too bad I'm really not willing to blow more than about $150 on plastic in one go.
>>
The fantasy dark elves set is fucking retarded.

Only has the cauldron of blood and 60 witch elves/sister of slaughter along with a sorceress. What a fucking joke, no executioners, no black guard, no cavalry whatsoever, no hydra. Fucking joke.
>>
>>43852981
This is just a preview of what will be viable when elves are rereleased for AoS :^)
>>
>>43853049
>just a preview of what will be viable when elves are rereleased for AoS :^)

plz no....

I am trying to build a dark elf army, not for sigmar though so I want square bases.

Currently have two boxes of the old spearmen 16 in each box instead of shitty 10, a box of corsairs and a war hydra. Need dark riders most right now.
>>
>>43849164
5%?

Big fucking deal...
>>
>>43853149
>Most YouTube comment on /tg/
>>
The Tyranid bundle is ~15% and is actually pretty decent army for casual games in itself. Not good enough deal for me to consider buying though...
>>
>>43852670
Just buy the normal Demi Company, it's $220.
>>
>>43851139
Yeah it's not like we see a lot of niche products being 50% to 90% off.
>>
>>43851744

>GW
>Marketing
>Marketing Research
>Customer Base Research
>Customer Outreach
>Good Ideas
>Common Sense
>>
Personally I am grabbing this
>>
I was honestly gonna buy some stuff if they did proper 20% off sale on the various big single models
>>
>>43853179

But Virt's not on yet.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.