[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 384x80) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 384x80
Malifaux thread?

Malifaux thread.
>>
File: 1447701662042.gif (235 KB, 537x327) Image search: [Google]
1447701662042.gif
235 KB, 537x327
(Crickets)
>>
Anyone else spend way too much on the black friday stuff?
>>
>>43846839
I'm getting the alt. Dr. McM, so yes.

Kaeris Crew box, Brotherhood of the Rat, a few pre-releases, and a lot of limited stuff. I'm hoping the promo Performer will make a pretty good Ice Dancer.
>>
What should I get for a bone path Levi crew?
>>
>>43846839
Nope, I needed handllers, snow storm, bblessed, and silent ones. My friend needed gunsmiths.
I chose to spend wisely and buy him a christmas gift and a blessed with saggy tits, instead of over spending. Especially after I bought a sonia avatar and a brutal effigy from another store due to their bf sale. Now I just need to find a local store with an ice gamin bbox.
>>
>>43847487
Eh. Everything I'm seeing is Bone Levi a shit. Guess I'll leave my indecision to Resurrectionists. What do I need to get started reasonably with horror Molly?
>>
>>43848249
Spirit Molly is fine too, if it doesn't need a ton of metals
>>
>>43848311
>>43848249
Dead Doxy and Rotten Belles work with either Molly, Punk Zombies and the student are all good if you choose the horror ones.
2-3 boxes are enough to keep you occupied for a while
>>
>>43848419
Thanks buddy
>>
Got me some Crossroads Seven and the Sexy new Kaeris & Clear box....and a pile of Arcanist Shits I didn't have.
Wish I had more money I could had thrown at them....
>>
>>43846839

I decided just to get Aionus and Arcane Effigy. I needed to restrain myself.
>>
>>43848311
Drowned could be useful, if you need a scheme marker somewhere not near enemies you can summon one and it dies instantly and finish the job kicks in.
>>
>>43848703
Yeah, definitely grabbing some drowned, since they're spirit horrors
>>
>>43848888
They're up for pre sale this weekend if you need them badly.
>>
Do you get the black friday pre-buy models before they release?
>>
Still looking at something like this:

50/50ss Crew

Tara -- 4ss
+Dead Of Winter - 1ss
+Knowledge Of Eternity - 2ss
+Obliteration Symbiote - 2ss
Karina - 5ss
+The Faces Of Oblivion - 0ss
Aionus - 12ss
Death Marshal - 6ss
Guild Autopsy - 4ss
The Nothing Beast - 10ss
+Void Shield - 0ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
>>
>>43849232
Yeah. Still takes some time to ship.
>>
>>43846839
Aionus, angelica, silent ones, bb shamans, and, thanks to splitting an order with a friend, alt fire starter.
>>
I kinda just wanna get Aionus because I didn't want to spend too much money.

Also some BB shamans because I've been waiting for the M2E versions for fucking ages
>>
What is this game like? Thinking of getting into it because I like the horror themes and Games Workshop products are prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>43849612

It's a scenario-focused, small scope wargame essentially. You and your opponent take turns activating one model at a time, so there's a lot of tactical thought involved on when to spend resources. Rather than dice you use a modified poker deck and a hand of cards.
>>
>>43849612
You'd probably want to check if you have a healthy playerbase where you live before getting into it, it's a pretty niche game for some areas.

As for the actual question, it uses a card flip mechanic from a 54 card poker deck and uses that plus a hand you draw at the start to determine melee hits, spells and so on. It's fairly intuitive in the way it's designed.

Most games will be won or lost entirely on the scenario (deployment and overall mission everyone can do) and what schemes (Individual missions you choose 2 out 5 randomly decided at the start of the game) you pick before you start the game, killing models is definitely a thing but I've lost games after wiping all my opponents units off the board.

The factions are quite varied also, but the overlap some units have between factions can splash a lot of certain factions abilities into others.

Also the models are some of the most detailed plastic I've ever seen.
>>
>>43849708
That detail comes at a price though, a lot of the minis are really hard to put together with tiny little pieces.
>>
Let's say I settle on Levi/Tara/Jack as my Outcasts masters. What Ressers models would you guys suggest I look at for supplementing their hiring/summoning options?
>>
>>43849845
Tara (well, Karina really) likes horrors. I would go with Autopsies and Punk Zombies first, The Drowned are also nice, really her entire summoning list is pretty good.

Daw likes the Hanged and especially the Nurse, and maybe Crooked Men and Ubume but they're not as important.

Bone Levi probably wants Rotten Belles because they're amazing, Necropunks for scheme running, and after that it's way more open. Take a Doxy and Sybelle as anchors in your Belle list. Take a Hanged or a Drowned as an anchor. Take Canine Remains or Phillip and the Nanny to make corpse markers to summon Aboms. from.

The Drowned in particular are pretty good models that can be hired by all three of those masters.
>>
Going to be getting me first crew in a day or so.

Can't decide if I want to be going with Lady J (due to Undead Fiery Cowboys and general old west aesthetic) or Victoria (due to punk girl aesthetic)
>>
>>43851183
I started into malifaux with the Viktorias and have to say while I didn't actually "regret" it, I realized very quickly I didn't understand enough of the game to really use them to their potential.

They require a lot of very specialized rules knowledge and positioning, they have very low health for masters and are easily taken out.

Basically the gist is this, I really enjoy playing them now, but when I first started I got really frustrated being so fragile compared to most other starter boxes my friends had.
>>
Is this as terrible an idea as it seems

Colette, Shell Game, Practiced Production

2 Doves

Mechanical Rider, Imbued Energies
Coryphee
Coryphee
Gunsmith
Performer
Performer
>>
>>43851183
Lady J is easier to use, she has a bunch of health and does a bunch of damage. The Viks hit like a truck dropped from orbit and ignore most defenses in the game, but die to a stiff breeze.
>>
>>43851292
Not really. A Coryphee Duet and the rider are definitely on the expensive end, but not too unusual.

I think the part that stands out is the Gunsmith. What's he for?
>>
>>43851549
Mostly adding range to the crew because there are too many Gremlin gunlines and "stop hitting yourself" Pandora crews in my club

also fuck nekima
>>
>>43851582
You might also want to look at the December Acolyte (slows!) and Willie (blasts!) for that job.
>>
>>43851549
In 2e, nine time out of ten I'd rather have the two individual coryphee than the duet
>>
>>43853673
That is an interesting perspective - any reason why?
>>
>>43854143
Not him, but I'd assume because it means more interact actions and the ability to spread them out more
>>
>>43854143
>>43854426
Exactly, the bonuses you get with the duet usually aren't worth the loss of an activation and an AP. Is one is hurt badly I'll join them up, but they spend most of the game seperate these days.
>>
>>43847487
>>43848249
Pariah of Bone is weaker than Pariah of Iron, but it's not necessarily shit. Punk Zombies are nice everywhere, Drowned have Finish the Job, and Dead Doxies are high enough in cost to be anchors and give his crew some more mobility/help you reposition enemy models.
>>
>>43847487

Get some Necropunks. They're good scheme runners, but more importantly they are Undead Constructs. That way if you ever want to try Iron you can still use them.

Flesh Constructs are also 6ss Undead Constructs with a lot of beef and healing, though I normally don't use them outside McMourning.
>>
>>43855025
>normally don't use them outside McMourning
I take it you don't play Kirai
>>
>>43855902

I don't. Spirits look cool, but I'd have to pick up a ton of models if I wanted to run them.

I assume you use the Flesh Constructs as big pools of health to make your summoning easier. Sounds pretty good now that I think about it.
>>
Anyone have suggestions/guide to painting flesh?

Just about everything I have painted so far has been a vehicle or completely covered up in clothing and am worried starting on some of the more exposed models.
>>
>>43856712
Pretty much all I do is get a flesh colored paint and a tanned flesh wash. thin the flesh paint and do a layer or two to get it all covered, then hit it with the wash. More wash=tanner skin, less=fairer skin, but it helps a lot with the shading.
>>
I'm actually pretty excited to run Aionus with Tara.
>>
>>43857871

I am too, and I don't even have Tara yet.
>>
>>43858334

I appreciate it's more and more viable to run a thematic crew with her. Wish the Scion of the Void was a bit better.
>>
Just checking: there's no other way to get a *plastic* Freikorps Trapper but Von Schill's crew box, right?
>>
>>43860348
The Jack Dawn box with the extra model has a pink dayglow one inside
>>
Is it just me or does it feel like Malifaux managed to miss the 'popularity boat' with 2ed?

Infinity seems to have exploded in popularity, yet even with HIPS models rather than metal Malifaux has been left in the dust.
>>
>>43862546

It really depends on your local scene. When I'm at Malifaux has a pretty big following while there's nothing for Infinity.

On /tg/ though Infinity will always have bigger threads. While Malifaux's relative balance and flexible list building and scheme generation are great on the table, they make discussing it pretty difficult. Bitching and list building make up a pretty sizable portion of most /tg/ wargame threads.
>>
>>43862546
Malifaux took a big hit in its player base when 2E came out and they've spent a lot of time rebuilding it.
>>
Besides Brotherhood of the Rat, what else would be good for a Hamelin crew?

I have an Avatar Leviticus to use as a Hodgepodge Emissary.
>>
>>43864167
Crooligans.
>>
>>43862666
I suppose my lack of experience with the game is reflected with that opinion then.

Although I have picked up a dreamer crew purely based on the fluff element, and lord chompy bits. Where would be a good place to go from here?
>>
>>43864275

Insidious Madnesses and Lelu & Lilitu from the black friday sale.
>>
>>43864275

I'd just work your way through all of the models with the Nightmare typing.
>>
Can somebody give me a brief description of the rules or direct me to some quickstart rules or something?
I heard good things about the game system, but I never read the rules or had the opportunity to watch a game.
>>
>>43864544
Essentially: each player has a deck of cards. A game setup has a few phases:

1. Declare faction:
Each player declares what faction they'll be playing for this match.

2. Determine deployment
Flip a card to determine deployment. Board size is 3x3. Standard deployment is 6" from the edge opposite your opponent. I won't discuss the others just yet.

3. Flip for strategy/schemes.
One player flips three cards. The results on these cards determines what the overall main strategy each player is competing for is, as well as a pool of lesser objectives the players pick two of. There will be one strategy and five schemes in a given pool.

4. Build list
Now that you know what you're fighting for, you make a list. For beginners, this is usually "what do I even own", but as you build, you'll find some masters/models are better at certain strats and schemes than others.

5. Gameplay
Players flip to deploy models. Afterwards, they shuffle and draw a hand of six Control cards. Then each player flips one card to determine who has first movement. The game continues from there.

(cont.)
>>
>>43864685
Resolution is simple: instead of using dice, you flip a card from your own deck. This is called a Flip in terminology. When you and your opponent flip against each other, this is a Duel. This type of flip is common when attacking/defending. You may use cards in your control hand to replace cards you flip. This is called Cheating Fate. You may not cheat fate if there is a negative flip modifier.

A flip modifier is a modifier given to a flip or duel from some effect. A positive flip modifier declares that you draw one extra card in your flip/duel, and choose the card you would like to play. A negative modifier declares that you draw one extra card in your flip/duel, but must pick the lower card. These modifiers are cumulative, so if you have a + and a - flip, you only flip one card.

Also important is Soulstones. Soulstones can be used in a number of ways, but only by masters/henchmen. They can be used to:

add a suit to a flip/duel (must be done before the flip itself)
allow a flip to prevent damage
allow you to reflip your initiative
Allow you to draw two extra cards at the beginning of the turn, then discard two
probably something else I'm forgetting.
(cont.)
>>
>>43864882
Each turn works like the end of the gameplay section. It starts with each player flipping a card, and the higher card gets first movement. The player with first movement gets to activate one model. When that model's activation is done, the other player can activate one model. This continues until all models are activated. If one player does not have any models left to activate, their part of the turn is done, and if the remaining player still has models, they will simply continue activating until they have finished all model activations.

Models have a number of actions they can take. Some actions are model-specific and described on their card, but there are a number of common actions everyone can take:

Walking takes one activation point (most models have two, Masters and certain models may have three or more). When you walk you move the model up to its WK stat on its card.
Charging takes two AP. You move the model up to its CG value on its card towards another model, then the charging model makes two melee attacks vs that model. Some models cannot charge, as noted by having a "-" for their Cg stat.

Interact: Bread and butter, this lets you interact with the environment for strategies or schemes. Some of these will involve dropping markers in specific places, others will have you interact with specific markers already on the table, but they all fall under this action.

Defensive stance: variable cost. This model can spend any number of AP to gain a + to any defensive flips.

Focus: 1 AP, add a + flip to your next attack and damage flip. Stackable, but doesn't normally hold on between turns.

One more post to give some general rules:
>>
>>43864945
Weapons and spells have an attack value under the weapon stats. You flip and add that value to determine your attack value. Each weapon also tells you whether people resist the attack with Defense or Willpower. If an attack succeeds, you make a damage flip. This flip looks at the weapon's damage value, which is presented in this format: 1/2/3. This means that you flip a card and determine if the damage is weak, moderate, or severe. 1-5 in value is weak, 6-10 is moderate, and 11-13 is severe. Damage flips are cheatable, but again, not if the flip is negative.

When attacking, you also determine what flip modifier is based on how much the defender is beaten by. If you beat them by 1-5, you get a - damage flip. 6-10, no modifier, and 11-13 is a + damage flip.

I think that about covers the very basics. There's a two player starter box with two henchman-led crews (who are mercenaries) and a set of quickstart rules.
>>
>>43864685
>>43864882
>>43864945
>>43865018

Thank you very much. That was quite insightful.

I have a few questions though if you don't mind answering them:
Do you have one deck of cards with actions in general and profiles for each model separately or do they each have their own decks of reactions and abilities? Also how big is that deck?
It sounds like a lot to manage unless you have one deck for everything.

And a question about interaction with markers and the environment. How important is scenery here? And what exactly could you use a marker for? Stuff like traps or something? Depending on how much the game revolves around combat or doing your objectives this could be a huge thing, right?

It definitely sounds interesting. Wish I knew somebody who play it.
>>
>>43865157
Deck is a standard 52 card deck+jokers. Aces are worth 1, Jacks 11, Queen 12, King 13. Black Joker is worth 0 and can never be cheated, while red joker is worth 14 and can be whatever suit you want. Suits are important too, but I recommend getting a malifaux deck to just make things simpler.

Scenery is very important, for a lot of reasons. It stops heavy-shooting crews from just blowing melee crews off the map, for one, and there are a fair number of abilities that specifically reference terrain. In addition, some schemes (such as Plant Evidence) require you to drop markers by pieces of terrain. Scheme Markers are specifically for schemes only, but some masters have ways of using scheme markers for other things.

A note on strats and schemes: it's very easy for newbies from other wargames to get sucked into killing your enemy and forget about them. Don't. I've won games where my opponent completely tabled me because he forgot strat/schemes and I didn't. A lot of lists have one or two models as an option for doing nothing but schemes, and leaving the rest of the crew free to brawl it up.

Obviously there is a lot more to it than just this, but if you pick up a starter and a rulebook that should give you at least a little familiarity with the system.
>>
>>43865157

It's just one deck of standard playing cards per player. The suites are a bit different (Rams, Tomes, Masks, Crows), but there's a conversion chart in the book or you can get one of their special decks.

Markers are just indicators on the board that are mostly used to try to win schemes. There's a few where you need to have a certain amount of markers in a certain spot on the board. For example, Line in the Sand ideally wants you to have at least 4 markers on the centerline, which is the line that splits the board between you and your opponent's halves. Some models do other stuff with scheme markers like discard them to make new units or move around the board.

Scenery is pretty big. If you don't have enough it's very possible to make shooting way too strong. Check out the following link to see why.

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Terrain

You can also use the rest of the wiki to get a feel for how different factions and units play.

http://www.novaopen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Malifaux-Draft-Primer.pdf

This is also a good reference for terrain.
>>
>>43865251
Thanks again. Very helpful.

I'm always looking for cool skirmishers. Might just have to get the rulebook now.
>>
>>43865293
If you dont care about the fluff or just want portability, Wyrd sells a mini-manual that is only rules and well organized. I have one stuck into my gaming bag permanently. I'd also second >>43865289 in reading the Pullmyfinger wiki. It's like Battlecollege if you're familiar with warmahordes, but way more in depth. It'll give you a good idea how things play and what some things are good at.
>>
>>43865289
>>43865327
Thanks guys!
>>
It seems easier to just buy Colette's box than the Performer/Marionette one, but I've no intention of playing Arcanists...
>>
>>43865776

It's like that with most units that are included in a master's box.

Assuming you're not paying retail, it's only like $5 or $10 more to get a small but functional crew compared to to just getting the units separately.
>>
Connection to a pdf of all the current figure stay cards?

I run kyari and her spooky weeaboo crew and I lost all the cards
>>
I love how Marcus is just a faction to himself, almost.
>>
>>43866142

On the topic, is Marcus really considered one of the best Masters in the game? I've seen some chatter as to such, but couldn't tell if it was serious or not. I've seen "no one takes Marcus" too after all.
>>
>>43866142
Levi practically is as well. Hell he's pretty much 2.
>>
>>43866203
I know he was pretty weak in 1st ed., but not sure about now. I think he also has the second largest hiring pool, behind Leviticus.
>>
What are people's thoughts on Armsy the Bear? I like the model and its up for sale this weekend, but I haven't seen anyone talk about him really.
>>
>>43866658

The hell's Armsy the Bear?
>>
>>43867147
Slateridge mauler I assume.
>>
>>43862546
Games that miss the popularity boat die or exist on the very edges, like Dark Age.Malifaux is reasonably popular, it's just not as popular as Warmachine, Infinity or 40k. I blame lack of bare arses and combat heels.
>>
>>43867391

Dead hookers don't help I'm sure.
>>
I like how Tara's art makes her look grim, she has an edgy backstory, and she's undead. But in the fluff she's unfailingly polite, kind, caring, and talkative.
>>
>>43866203
He's decent now, but he used to be absolutely shit-tier in the previous edition, so there might be some dislike left over.
>>
>>43862546
Its all 40k and Warmachine round these parts.

Infinity and Malifaux just never gained traction because people were already invested heavily into Warmachine. For comparison, theres a national tournament coming up and Warmahordes tourney averages 30 people, whereas Infinty and Malifaux get maybe 8 or 10.
>>
>>43867949
Basically 40K and x-wing here.
>>
>>43867949

>whereas Infinty and Malifaux get maybe 8 or 10.

That's still not bad by any means.

>>43866658

I think Zoradia might have Marcus beat, but I"d have to check on that.
>>
>>43870339

I think Zoraida does edge him out.
>>
File: 1448037264484.gif (3 MB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
1448037264484.gif
3 MB, 352x198
>>43846256
Malifaux thread.

So I just finished my freikorps and entourage. For tournament play, what would be a good secondary master to start that excels at schemes that von schill struggles in (moving around a lot and having a higher model count, or having positioning tricks like lure)?

I was looking at leviticus for numbers or Misaki, but nobody seems to discuss her much. Is she not great or just boring?

Also how much would you have to buy to run a kirai list? It seems like youd need tons of models just to cover her summoning options as a bare minimum.
>>
>>43871542

Misaki is a highly mobile melee beater that can't dish out or take as much damage as you'd expect. That's all she does, and offers fuck all to the rest of her list.
>>
>>43871542
Levi has good map presence due to waifs. He can crush one sector, then kill himself and reappear close to where he needs to be next. Not sure about hamelin or daw. Viks and tara like bunching up, though you can get away with spreading them out sometimes.
>>
>>43871542

Jack Daw has a lot of movement tricks.
>>
>>43870339
I know. But this a major national con. Ireland is small but you'd hope for a few more people.

Its not helped by Ireland being rural as fuck.

Also, how good is Chiaki? I want to get her but not really all that interested in using Yan Lo. Mainly play Kirai and occasionally Seamus or Molly
>>
>>43872229

She's the best condition removal Ressers has to offer.

With Kirai she can heal up your new summons and remove their slow, which almost makes them at full strength as soon as they hit the table.
>>
>>43867316
Yes. I wanted to call him Huggy Bear, but Huggy has already been claimed as a nickname.
>>
>>43872704

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjKtnH5_NM
>>
>>43872292
Is she worth buying a whole starter for though?

And I'd have to deal with Yan Lo's beard.
>>
WHY THE FUUUUCK

ARE MALIFAUX MODELS

SO HARD TO PUT TOGETHER?
>>
>>43873853

Because Wyrd hates us.

Which ones you laboring over?
>>
>>43873970
Actually, I'm having trouble with the Through the Breach kits right now.

But I remember having an unreasonably hard time with the Pandora kit awhile back. It looked so fucking simple on the sprues but then I take the pieces out and nothing seems to want find its place. Fuck, what're other brands doing to make their shit actually work that Wyrd isn't. I never have this problem with anything else.
>>
How would you guys feel about this list (50ss)? I feel like it's a pretty solid mix of killy and schemy, which should be flexible enough to get used to Marcus.

Marcus -- 6ss
+The Trail Of The Gods - 1ss
+The Hunger Cry - 1ss
+Feral Instincts - 1ss
Jackalope - 2ss
Blessed Of December - 9ss
Guild Hound - 3ss
Guild Hound - 3ss
Myranda - 8ss
+Imbued Energies - 1ss
Silurid - 7ss
Waldgeist - 6ss
Waldgeist - 6ss
>>
>>43874899

Are the Guild Hounds there for schemes or cheap attackers?
>>
>>43874954

Either, depending on the situation. Also wanted a few more activations in the list, since there's quite a few high-priced models in there.
>>
>>43874991

Just be careful, since if they knock off one dog you lose the ability to interact with the other.
>>
>>43875011

Yeah. I figure in the worst case though, it's still forcing my opponent to kill a 3ss model to prevent interacts.
>>
>>43875047

You could chop one of the Waldgeists into two more dogs, which would bump your activation count even more and make your opponent have to kill several dogs.
>>
>>43875080

This is true. I'll make sure to have another pair of Hound proxies onhand.
>>
>>43874018
My, and others, guess is that whoever is responsible for the 3D models has jack all experience in actually cutting the models for production. So they cut it for ease of casting, not ease of building.
>>
File: 1403181392681.jpg (154 KB, 1600x657) Image search: [Google]
1403181392681.jpg
154 KB, 1600x657
>>43867391
>I blame lack of bare arses and combat heels
>>
>>43877765
haha i completely forgot about blood vik's original top. what the hell.
>>
File: 1370576444270.png (513 KB, 471x513) Image search: [Google]
1370576444270.png
513 KB, 471x513
>>43877765
>>
>>43877765
That's one crew, compared to just about every faction in Infinity. Also, more seriously, I'd rather put together a metal infinity model than another Malifaux plastic...i imagine it's the same for many people.
>>
File: Madame Sybelle.jpg (123 KB, 480x500) Image search: [Google]
Madame Sybelle.jpg
123 KB, 480x500
>>43878361
>Forgetting about this piece of ass
>>
File: Unthitled.jpg (48 KB, 638x566) Image search: [Google]
Unthitled.jpg
48 KB, 638x566
Hows Outcast Misaki? I have no interest in TT but have all the other Outcast masters and want Misaki for completeness sake.
>>
>>43881799

She's a glass cannon that does nothing for her crew, in either faction.
>>
>>43881844
So she's shit?
>>
>>43883542

Some people feel that way. She's a very independent assassin, but she doesn't really interact with the rest of your list at all. You can build it to do whatever you like, while Misaki runs off to do what she does.
>>
>>43862546

Part of the issue was the shift to Mk 2 combined with the shift to plastic kits. While I think it was probably better for the game in the long run (a lot of late-Mk 1/1.5 minions were getting to have cards with as much or more rule text as some masters), in my area it caught a lot of people who had just started to buy in when the new edition was announced, and most of them decided to sit out the Mk 2 playtest and subsequently lost interest. The shift from metals to plastic means that we're still waiting for a good number of models from pre-Mk 2/Crossroads to come out, and just because Malifaux has relatively lax conversion guidelines doesn't mean that everyone wants to cobble together proxies to use in IRL/non-Vassal games or trawl eBay in the hopes of finding that OOP metal McTavish so that your Gremlin crew has more than 2 choices for henchmen in a campaign.
>>
I eagerly await plastic McTavish for swampfiend fun in Neverborn, too.
>>
Is there a specific reason that Belles have a Crow *and* Mask built into their Lure?
>>
>>43885773
Lure uses a standardized stat set, all versions of Lure has a TN of 12 with a crow and mask, so its too make sure that they can cast it without needing a suit.
>>
What's the short list of Guild models worth bringing into Neverborn with Lucius, outside of his box? Riflemen and Austringers are a good start, I imagine.
>>
>>43883629

There is a 0 cost upgrade in Crossroads that gives nearby Oiran Focused +1 and Fast when she hits stuff, so she's not totally useless at supporting her crew.
>>
What are some good the Lost to take with Hamelin? I was looking at Crooligans and Iggy. The Crooligans add some nice scheme running, which his rat heavy theme seems to be missing, and Iggy just burns things.
>>
Help me /tg/, I started playing this game around the 2e beta, but haven't played in a long time and looking to start up again. I own some gremlins, but am now torn between them and dabbling in the arcanists, particularly Collette and Ironsides.
>>
>>43883542
She kills things really, really dead, lets you hire Torakage without merc. tax, and between the Survivalist upgrade and rat-based activation advantage she's way more survivable as an Outcast.

All that said, if all you want from your master is the ability to delete a model every turn why not just play Levi?
>>
>>43887078

Crooligans are pretty standard. Baby Kade is interesting since you can almost guarantee he'll be in melee with a rat buddy to get the most out of his attacks.

Iggy is neat for 5ss and Incite can be handy.

Candy I usually don't have a purpose for.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.