[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game system has really cool (not necessarily powerful or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
What game system has really cool (not necessarily powerful or well-balanced) fighting styles? Aside from 3e shit and 4e core, I mean.
>>
>>43846261
>mongoloidal target audience

I played it once at Gencon, it was okay.
>>
File: Fencing Tree.png (74 KB, 359x614) Image search: [Google]
Fencing Tree.png
74 KB, 359x614
>>43846027

Fantasy Craft may have what you want. Martials have a lot of varying options, all very well balanced, powerful, and cool.
Take Fencing, for instance. With the complete fencing tree you can go into total defense, then if someone steps into your square you can auto-hit them. If they miss, which they likely will when you're in total defense, you can draw them back 5 feet, and then since they've just moved into a square adjacent to you, auto-hit them again.
>>
>>43846948
Ah, that's pretty cool stuff. FantasyCraft was the d20 game I almost loved, but it's too crunchy for my taste.
>>
Legends of the Wulin is built around interesting and awesome Kung fu styles, with a great combat system that makes playing two characters feel very distinct. The only difficulty is the awful editing of the core book.
>>
Fireborn has neat fighting styles, I think. And it doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to invent your own, too.
>>
>>43846027
Book 1 of Dungeons: The Dragoning had great Sword Schools, but Book 3 is taking shit to the next level.
>>
>>43846027
Anima.
>Fight by throwing anything
>Hit people with shadows
>GUTS People appart
>Go full vergil
>Bullshit people with artifacts
>Abuse revenge mechanics and huge HP pools
>Mindcontrol people
>Throw swords at people with your mind
>Meteor shower people
>Erase them out of existence
>Kill all of the above WITH YOUR BARE FISTS
>Same as last one, but BARE FIST POWERED BY YOUR SOUL
>>
>>43846027
The Riddle of Steel. Progressive school for dodgy characters in urban environment. Or pick traditional school and masterstrike ever knave who dares to mess with you.
>>
>>43846027
Legends of the Wulin does allright, though elemental styles are objectively better than non-elemental styles, but that only takes a TINY bit of restructuring to work again.
>>
>>43851305
You forgot to mention how one of the most powerfull techniques in the game basically triggers the third impact.
>>
>>43851305
If I remember right, you could gain Martial Knowledge by learning martial arts.
You could play a guy who's mastery of wrestling allowed him to levitate.
>>
File: 1303003271326.jpg (25 KB, 395x400) Image search: [Google]
1303003271326.jpg
25 KB, 395x400
>>43859228
This is pretty much the summary of my current anima character. Captain of a pirate ship that sails the inner sea, launching himself out of a custom cannon, gliding (or just running across the water with Weight Elimination), and then tearing any crew that don't surrender on sight into chum with grappling.
>>average character in anima has roughly 90-100 hp starting, maybe about 150-200 with a few levels under their belt.
>>Characteristic augmentation and transformation Ars Magnus give the captain an effective strength of 18.
>>Multiple area grapple maneuvers, just gathering armfuls of equal leveled foes
>>Averaging 120 to 160 damage with a crush maneuver

There's so much other rediculous stuff. Fellow players have made everything from the Capoeira Lawnmower, to the one-man Legion, all the way to Bjorn the Limbless.
>>
File: Fight.jpg (7 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
Fight.jpg
7 KB, 267x189
Am I going to get flack for believing that L5R's combat is great?
>>
>>43861274
sounds fun
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.