[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't even know how to describe the kind of stupid my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: holyland-839379.jpg (167 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
holyland-839379.jpg
167 KB, 800x1164
I don't even know how to describe the kind of stupid my friends just revealed, but I think I need to cancel the tabletop plans because of it

>Just reread Holyland, trying to convince them to read it
>play up the mid fight explanations to explain why it's good
>For example, what would you do if a wrestler tried to tackle you?
>"I'd grab his shirt and throw him to the side"
>"I'd step back and axe kick him"
>"I'd jump over him"
>...
>The correct answer is knee the face or brace and down strike before he can knock you down
>"Oh, that's so easy, why would you ever tackle?"

This is a red flag, right?
>>
>>43843698
>kick someone in the face
>easy
I was going to ask if your friends were all seasoned martial artists, but then I remembered that if they were they would've had better answers and might not just have agreed with you instantly.
>>
>>43843698
>This is a red flag, right?
Yes.

You're an idiot AND an asshole, spare these people your company.
>>
>>43843698
I sure hope your pic isn't supposed to show the correct counter to a tackle.
>>
>>43843698
For them, yes. You're getting too worked up over this.
>>
>>43843736
to be fair, tho: If you are trying tou double leg someone or whatever and they see you coming a knee to the face is not so unlikely or hard at all.
>>
>>43843698
bruh what are you even talking about?
>>
>>43843865
Consider the likely outcome of trying anything they suggested against someone coming in for a wrestling tackle. Then realize they have been doing martial arts for years and arent going to listen to someone who hasnt been.

>>43843798
No, thats how you KO a drug addict, if youve practiced enough
>>
>>43843736
Oh shit, My line about them both doing Tae Kwon Do for the last two years vanished while rewriting the OP.

Now I sound like a goal post moving faggot.
>>
>>43843698
Yeah. You don't need to be running anything until we find a cure for autism.
>>
>>43843698
>Holyland

Great taste, Anon. Great taste.
>>
>>43843698
That Wushu dude claimed that straight punching him in the face's the best way to do it.

His line of argumentation's that the wrestler's literally coming at you, he's probably not covering his face and the punch is faster than the kick.
>>
>>43844235
Well, he's right about the punch being faster. I don't know enough about wrestlers to say anything about the other bit.
>>
>>43844235
Martial Arts tackle is different than a football tackle anon.

You can't really punch someone who's head is below your waist
>>
>>43843698
His arm is in the way. That the face got hit at all looks like an issue with the tackler's form than the decision to knee.
>>
File: holyland-3037919.jpg (201 KB, 800x1154) Image search: [Google]
holyland-3037919.jpg
201 KB, 800x1154
>>43843698
To be fair, those mid fight explanations are usually from the POV of the author, or of one of the characters, all of whom have different fighting styles. The author tends to talk in a self defense class kind of way. The giant grappler always explains grappling moves, the boxer always explains punches and footwork, the karate guy explains karate moves, etc. It's the main character that combines all of these different fighting styles and philosophies into his own way of fighting. After being taught them by so many different mentors and opponents.

So if you're asking the same question to more people then someone who does Judo would probably grab the shirt and throw, someone who is naturally agile but not well trained would probably jump over, and someone who is a fucking retard trying to sound cool would answer with an axe kick (or someone who does mall karate/tae kwon do)

Apparrently you missed the entire point of Holyland. Probably just read it and got hype because it made you feel like you were a few practice sessions away from being a super street fighter. You don't know shit about fighting in the first place and you're red flagging other people because they don't align with your fighting manga? Your'e the red flag.
>>
>>43844250
Isnt that exactly what happened to that guy in holyland?
>>
>>43844056

>Oh shit, My line about them both doing Tae Kwon Do for the last two years vanished while rewriting the OP.

Oh this is adorable.

Tae Kwon Do is shit-tier martial arts. There's a reason that pretty much all MMA guys will "sprawl" if someone tries to tackle them, instead of "get up on one leg so it's even easier to get knocked over and try to take him down with a kick or a knee".

And two years in any martial arts system isn't enough to claim any kind of expertise.

You. Suck.
>>
File: img000019.png (592 KB, 1103x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000019.png
592 KB, 1103x1600
>>43844863
Look man, I'm not a fighter, but I've played enough rugby to know how tackles work. I know that if the tackler is close enough for you to grab their shirt, they're close enough to grab your legs. You can't throw them to the side.

You certainly can't step back, stop, and try and kick down on them, the tacklers already moving forward and will just grab you with one foot on the ground.

And if you try to jump over the guy, he'll just lift up and knock into your feet, sending you face first into the ground.

There is no martial art that teaches that shit because it's all patently bad ideas.

The boxer deals with it by keeping distance and retreating. Karate deals with it with down strikes and bracing. Kickboxing and related uses a knee guard.

>>43844703
That was just a random page, this is one of the tackles in Holyland

>>43845053
What?

I'm the guy saying the Tae Kwon Do guys are idiots who don't know how to fight. The problem here is they think they do. And I posted their responses to "what if a guy comes in low and tries to tackle you?"

And as is a common theme in Holyland, sports aren't comparable to an actual fight, where you have clothes, there's no weight classes, you have no idea how experienced they are or in what, you're on concrete, and weapons can get involved, so you really don't want to get tackled.
>>
>>43845149
I dont know, I bet a judo guy would have some sort of throw related move he could pull.
>>
>>43845180
Maybe, but the people I asked certainly can't pull off any such technique. I did a demonstration for them on why that wouldn't work. I walked forward and let them do their move as fast as possible and I easily wrapped their legs and downed them when they tried to throw me.
>>
>>43844023
>No, thats how you KO a drug addict, if youve practiced enough

By side-kneeing them in the elbow?
>>
>>43845149

>I'm the guy saying the Tae Kwon Do guys are idiots who don't know how to fight.

My apologies, I misunderstood your post.
>>
>>43845314
All is good anon. greentexting can get vague
>>
I used to wrestle in high school. The correct answer if they get at your legs is to sprawl on them. Kick your legs back, push their head down, and lay on top of them with your chest
>>
I feel as if this quote fits the situation.

>The point is, if your martial art is so magical and complicated that you feel the need to explain it, you've probably only tried it out in your imagination. And if you study your own unique fighting art that takes bits and pieces of what's effective from other styles, oh buddy. Oh, you poor thing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.