[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>long-lived races such as elves and dwarves make up the ruling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: ElfDwarf.jpg (101 KB, 883x623) Image search: [Google]
ElfDwarf.jpg
101 KB, 883x623
>long-lived races such as elves and dwarves make up the ruling class of society
>it's popularly regarded as taking longer than a human lifetime to truly master complex professions such as medicine, law, governance and strategy
>at the same time the upper classes have a strong sense of social obligation towards ruling for the betterment of their coarser, more immature brethren
>>
Yes, and?

Oh, wait, you're not going to say anything else because you're one of the retarded shitheads who thinks this is a good way to start a thread.
>>
>>43843601
So your fantasy races have a case of White Mans Burden so strong it'd make New Englanders question it?
>>
File: ....jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>43843601
>>
>>43843601
>However it has recently been discovered that the lord of death has little power over the physical world and limbo
>Humans are starting too demand more power due too there ability too refuse deaths offer of entering the afterlife and return too the world as a shade greatly extending there lifespans
>>
>>43843861
Could you try that again, this time without sounding stupid?
>>
>>43843861
how did no one notice that before? had no one ever been like "aw no thanks" ever in history?
>>
>>43843601
How would one convey this in mechanics? Giving humans a level cap?
>>
>>43843928
Age-based character advancement a la ars magica.
>>
>>43843601

more numerous lower classes rise up and hang all the elves and dwarves. Set up communism.
>>
>>43843601
elf in pic looks like linkle
>>
File: 1439050983378.jpg (1 MB, 1350x1125) Image search: [Google]
1439050983378.jpg
1 MB, 1350x1125
>>43844119
You never heard about dragon's crown or seen art of it?
>>
>>43843861
The intelligence of your average HFYfag, everybody
>>
>>43844475
no
>>
>>43844083
Isnt ruling towards the bettermwnt of the common man the entire idea bwhind communism?
>>
File: elvews.png (1 MB, 1546x940) Image search: [Google]
elvews.png
1 MB, 1546x940
>>43844584
no way
Dragon Crown is great
Odin Sphere is good (that remix is on ma list)
Valkarie Chronicles is great but diff (vc1 is only good)

you should lurk /v/ once in a while
>>
File: 3 - DmRZsQu.png (680 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
3 - DmRZsQu.png
680 KB, 1024x1024
>>43844684
Valkyria chronicles has nothing to do with anything here. And don't tell people to go to /v/. Even if they like vidya.
Now post more elf.
>>
>>43844752
but he didn't say valkyria, he said valkarie
>>
>>43843861

I like this twist but I don't like that it makes humans special snowflakes again, settings where humanity just kinda sucks are already rare enough.

>>43843869

Mortals with shorter lifespans are able to leave the afterlife to artificially inflate their lifespans, allowing them to master more professions and demand a higher position in the social pecking order. It's two sentences, was that really so difficult for you to parse?
>>
>upper classes have a strong sense of social obligation towards ruling for the betterment of their coarser, more immature brethren

I don't like this. Too unrealistic. Breaks my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>43844836
Why even have some sort of incarnate death, and shades? Just have shorter lived races like humans, orcs and goblins practice necromancy to artificially elongate their lifespans and join high society.

Of course, then the conservative elf/dwarf political parties make a push to ban necromancy, and you have skullpunks rioting in the street, unleashing highly aggressive undead insect swarms at political events, firebombing post offices, etc.
>>
>>43844865
It was a real attitude IRL for a long time. It just also came with an unfailing sense of moral rightness applied to all situations, and an assumption of inherent superiority.
>>
>>43844891
As well as varying wildly from individual to individual. As well as church pressures and occasionally help from the state to the paupers, or from the church to the poor.
I also don't think the attitude of moral superiority has left our upper classes today.

Thinking further on it, we can only really use the Marxist idea of class-struggle in an a posteriori fashion.
>>
File: 1439050207467.png (2 MB, 1276x717) Image search: [Google]
1439050207467.png
2 MB, 1276x717
>>43844752
>And don't tell people to go to /v/.
Don't be an elitist anon.
Just learn to ignore and hide
>>
>>43843726
>implying we aren't in charge of keeping you little shits in line
Disobedient Californian scum detected. We're shortening your water ration next summer.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.