[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest | Chapter XIX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: HouseMalroy.png (321 KB, 444x649) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroy.png
321 KB, 444x649
Welcome to A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest. In which you take the reins of a House of storied glorious past since Aegon’s Conquering, but whose fortunes have taken a turn for the worse in the doom that Robert’s Rebellion brought. Taking place in 284AC a year after the Rebellion has ended you are Brynden Malroy, second son to Lord Vamos Malroy and Lady Esemella Hayford and the last living heir to Steadhold and House Malroy.

House Malroy is a pre-genned House designed around the idea of a story within the Crownlands of a House fiercely loyal to the Targaryens and their attempts to live in this new world after Robert’s Rebellion. The new Lord Brynden Malroy is as well pre-genned but will take direction from the players in his ways and how he develops himself further. This Quest will be moderately more story driven than others of its kind, but the development of the House and her lands will take just as much importance.

If you’ve played the one of the many Quests within the ASoIaF setting the rules of the SIFRP system should be known. I will be using the Game of Thrones edition, as well as a few of the expansions namely OOSP and a few house rules which will be explained as we come to them. If you have questions about how things work or why certain actions are taken I can explain them as we go along. In truth this is a learning experience for me as well.

Google Documents Mastersheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WiZG5xtDqbQKI31IIbqNb4zTmooivb0Ns_J6EatgWgY/edit?usp=sharing

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM

Archive:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=House%20Malroy

And now without further ado.
>>
“Will milord be needing any further assistance?”

“No, thank you,” you respond, fastening the strap over your boots into its buckle and inspecting the black shine on them.

The young lady that has been servicing your room since your arrival in Dorne gives you a simple nod and leaves off, her flowy dress trailing after. You stand, stretching out your arms, cracking your shoulders and rolling your neck as if you were getting ready for a tavern fight. Your stomach had been in turmoil for the better part of the day, you were to meet privately with Lord Quentyn Qorgyle momentarily, then attend dinner with three of the most important people in your general vicinity, Lord Jon Arryn, Prince Doran Martell, and Prince Oberyn Martell. Among them Lord Qorgyle again, and Lady Mellario of Norvos, the Prince’s wife. In truth you felt the odd man out, hardly a Lord for a year as of yet, a participate in peace talks that you were unsure of the purpose now. The invitation had left you feeling even more off, Lady Obella Qorgyle had delivered it making her first formal appearance to you since arriving in Dorne. What purpose did you have at such a meeting? Why you? Did many of the other Lords not make a much more reasonable guest of honor? Doubt filled your mind, yet lingered the words of others, a sellsword playing at Lord. You would prove them wrong. Even in your own small way, miles away from Steadhold.

A rasp upon your door interrupts idle thoughts, Ser Lucas Longwaters peeks his head in, “Are you ready my Lord?” Lucas looked the part of a Knight in his armor, he seemed unphased by the heat of Dorne and had worn it most of his time attending you. His smirk still played upon his lips reminding you of Ser Victor, not having any of the Sons among you for the past month and half felt so incredibly wrong, but they were handling the affairs of Steadhold under Ser Mason with Solhas and Barq Zos his guardians and Illiad with Asher and Sallo Rhod were half a world away.
>>
It pleased you to remember that the twenty of you would be reunited soon.

“Yes Ser Lucas, let us be off,” you say finishing pulling your silvered hair back into a half ponytail allowing a mantel of silver to brush against your shoulders.

You were to meet with Lord Quentyn in the Tower of the Sun, and from there travel with him to your mutual dinner not soon after. Lucas chattered into your ear of small things, of Knights and Ladies of the court, your cousin Wesley had made a solid showing amongst the lists of a little meaningless tournament the bored Knights had thrown together the past few days. Other Knights had taken an interest in your Melee in the coming months, perhaps a few participants of Dorne would attend which sounded pleasing to your ears. But your mind sat elsewhere, Lord Qorgyle seemed moved by your earlier words in regards to the peace talks, if your information held true he was among the last holdout Lords you had a brief chance to sway his mind in your favor and you would have completed your, albeit small, mission here.

An squire in the scarlet and black of House Qorgyle meets you at the foot of the spiral staircase in the foyer of the Tower of the Sun. He looked like a far younger version of her Lord, perhaps Lord Qorgyle’s son? The lad smiles to you brightly seemingly aware of your House’s colors and stumbles into an introduction with a bow, you catch the name Arron and smile back to the boy bidding him lead on. He darts off and you follow after your stride as full and strong as it had formerly been you felt more comfortable on your leg now and were thankful for Benjin’s quick work. Your trip is short, Arron leading you into a side passage on the third floor and you emerge into a solar, Lord Quentyn already waiting for you, with Ser Symon Santagar to his his side, dressed in far less splendor than the Knight that had your back. The two Knights exchange glances and you meet eyes with Lord Quentyn giving a sharp nod in greeting.
>>
“Ser Symon, would you take Arron, the Lord Brynden Malroy and myself need speak privately a moment,” he says without moving his eyes from your own.

“Of course my Lord, come Arron. Ser Lucas would you grant me a moment over a cup or two?”

Lucas looks to you and reads the allowance in your eyes, “Of course Ser Symon. Lord Qorgyle, a pleasure.”

“Very good. Lord Malroy, the same,” Ser Symon says. The two Knights leave off with the young boy and you are left with Lord Quentyn, the room quiet barring the buzz of the yard below.

“My Lord Malroy, wine?”

You take a deep breath and take the first steps into perhaps the most important diplomatic meeting of your life, “Of course Lord Qorgyle. I thank you.”

“No need, this is a gift. From the Prince himself.”

Which? Your mind reacts in kneejerk fashion, but your tongue sits idle. It could be either given his family’s connects at moment, you take the glass he pours for you and take a refreshing swallow, the sweeter red easing the thirst of your throat from the dry Dornish days. Lord Quentyn invites you sit, and you do so alongside him. Watching the yard from the low rise solar in quiet thought a moment. Lord Quentyn seems not eager to delve into topics anymore than yourself.

He soon breaks the quiet, his voice muffled by the cup to his lips, “Lord Brynden. Your words yesterday were true. I felt the resolve behind them. Yet upon your eyes I see the burning need for something more, perhaps vengeance? Perhaps freedom from the yoke of the Crown placed upon your neck the moment you had stepped foot in King’s Landing once more? Tell me do they burden you with debt as they did the others?”
>>
You frown and nod in no particularly committal way, you disliked speaking of the topic and were unsure of Lord Quentyn’s approach of the subject.

“As I thought my Lord. And yet here you are, in service to the Hand of the King, further upon his side. But I do not know if that is truly where you stand. Where you wish to stand. Where your family would wish for you to stand. Your father. Brothers. Sister?”

The word echoes in your head, Lord Quentyn keeps to his cup again, allowing the quiet to resume and his words stew upon your mind. Did he know? Could he? Prince Oberyn seemed to have some inkling of things beyond your knowledge but would he share such with Lord Quentyn in hopes of pulling you to their side? All questions you were entirely unsure of.

>Response?

>Begin a counter attack
>Allow Lord Quentyn to take the offensive for now

Sorry about being a bit late today, got back from lunch a bit later than I had expected.
>>
>>43841826
>Begin a counter attack

"A pointless display of defiance would do nothing but add suffering and snuff out my own house. My brothers and father may or may not like what i do but that doesnt mean it isnt the correct thing to do. Empty bravado will lead us nowhere."
>>
>>43841789
Glad to have you back dad
>>
>>43841826

>Response

Quentyn enjoys a good battle, but he knows our measure quite well.

Being honest, while a bit foolhardy in these games does build trust. Something we might need if we are going to court Obella and win him over to our side.

I would wish to stand under my own power, and not have to sell myself like a common whore to those in power above me. My house has been greatly dishonored, family killed, lands ruined. But for now, I must wait. I must gather strength and resources and allies, difficult all three would be for now.

My family would ask that i take revenge for them. But not destroy myself in doing so. Of what use is revenge if you cannot live to see it's conclusion? Of what use is it to be a martyr? I can guarantee you that those I wish revenge upon are not the only one's who should receive vengeance.
>>
>>43841826
>Takes place in Dorne
>Some girl is all about succession stuff by trying to get pregnant.
>Lots of politics
>It feels like it takes forever

You are just giving us the authentic George R R Matin experience.
>>
>>43841949
I would happly back this, but i suggest we let slip that we are using the hands position in court to allow us to evade the predations of the queen and her family, while also staring down an alliance of three stronger allied houses and trying not to blink.
>>
>>43841986
>>43841949
Aye, we need friends. Hint hint, nudge nudge Quentyn.
>>
>>43841961
>>It feels like it takes forever

Haha It really has. I feel like we never spend time in Steadhold.

>>43841861
>>43841949
>>43841986
>>43842014

Alright I'll work these all together. I'll take that as a counter attack vote essentially.
>>
>>43842033
Well we tend to timeskip in the steadhold.
>>
>>43842033
When we do mention we are using the hand, we should probably mention/imply that the man has helped us way more than we have any right to respect, and that even though we dislike the king, the hands a good man in our book.
>>
File: the fat bastard.jpg (215 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
the fat bastard.jpg
215 KB, 640x960
>>43841961
>You are just giving us the authentic George R R Matin experience.
Not quite there yet.
>>
>>43841961
>You are just giving us the authentic George R R Matin experience.
I don't see pages long description of food.
>>
>>43842216
>>43842261

I meant more about the Dorne chapters rather than his work in general.
>>
Did Stannis just drop us off and leave?
>>
>>43842311
Probably been busy griting his teeths and dreaming about Davos.
>>
>>43842322
>"It's hot"
>"These women are flirting with me"
>"I want to go back to Storm's End but Robert gave it to Renly"
>"These Dornishmen are all traitors"
>"I wonder what Davos is up to"
>>
>>43842322
Can we defeat him at griting our teeth?
>>
>>43841789
Glad to see this. A worthy distraction from the familial chaos surrounding me. Have a good turkey day
>>
>>43841789
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ex5M5bDpJcC9hQNaZRLCV-IjHs55UgC9qIJZiOxCfUo/edit?usp=sharing
Why is it that the first regiment has less health than the garrison when they have the same endurance?
>>
You grit your teeth and push unto the breach, no looking back now. Lord Quentyn was as practiced with his own words as you were upon the negotiation table where a contract sat before you. You only need match him. Put the thoughts in the his head to attempt to stop suicidal folly that would throw the entire realm into chaos once more. To act in service to… To whomever.

"A pointless display of defiance would do nothing but add suffering and snuff out my own house. My brothers and father may or may not like what I do but that does not mean it is not the correct thing to do. Empty bravado will lead us nowhere."

“Is it so empty when the voices of many others add to it?”

“And how long would those voices last when opposed by others that would gladly stare them down Lord Quentyn? Who would you hope to add to your cause? The Riverlands? House Darry so broken as they are? The Reach? House Branfield near forgotten? Would you dare the Crownlands? House Velaryon shattered upon the waves they once ruled? Mine own gelded by the Stag? It is folly my Lord Quentyn.”

“It would be justice.”

“For whom? The dead? Let them lie, bury them among those forgotten, those honored, and move on.”

“The Prince knows your pain my Lord, and yet you do not share his pain. They spoke of you as if you were a madman, hellbent on the singular notion of avenging your family. Do you so easily forget the murder? The rape? The brutality of the Lion and his Dogs?”
>>
>>43842410
>They spoke of you as if you were a madman, hellbent on the singular notion of avenging your family

Is he referring to our showing at the melee?
>>
So we're in Dorne?

Hot Dornish Wife when?
>>
>>43842500
I hope this meme dies forever if we end up with one.
>>
>>43842500
So many threads late.
Or a wife choice troll.
>>
>>43842500
>Not just having a Dornish Paramour like everyone else
>>
>>43842514
Why the hate? It's just a joke, unless we actually acquire one soon
>>
>>43842531
Because paramours doesnt give you 100 dornish cavalry men, and possible favourable trade with Dorne and Sand Steeds.
>>
Hold tight guys internet randomly died on me. I'll be back as quickly as possible.
>>
Can the discussion till the choice at thread end?
It'll be easy to lay out the pros and cons then and have a propper discussion.
>>
>>43842548
Lad, if something happens the Dornish are so far away that they'll arrive to find big B dead.
>>
>>43842574
The Dornish are still pretty great allies, they also aren't that far from the crownlands
>>
>>43842574
Basically the same problem with reach allies anon. We only get allys if we have prep time.

Since were hiding under the protection of the hand, such a discussion is a moot point anyway, since we would need to gain permission for a war.
>>
At this moment you were unsure of whom he spoke, Lady Elia or your own sister, you push onward, not wishing to lose your own momentum, “I do not forget my Lord Quentyn. With every fiber of my being I wish for vengeance, for justice done. My father, my brothers, they would wish it done. If it were Donold or Pastorn in my position I could not say the traits of my father would prevail of those of my Uncle. Yet I see purpose in patience. My House has been dishonored beyond measure, her family killed, lands seen in ruin, and here I stand alongside the Hand of the King. Wishing to the Gods that I could stand upon mine own power and not to service them like some common whore. But yet I stand. I do not kneel. Unbent. Unbroken.”

“Then why do so at all my Lord? You speak of patience as if it serves you gold upon your platter, you have an opportunity to ally with those that would not expect such from a House of such standing as your own. Why not seize it? How can you not see such is within reach? The Hand is an honorable man, this cannot be denied, but what makes you think he will not cast you aisde the moment it is most oppurtune?”

You did see, you saw so much, you saw that even Prince Oberyn knew these talks were preordained. And yet Lord Quentyn remained blind. His loyalty to the Prince was admirable, but he spoke recklessly, “The worry is ever present upon my mind Lord Quentyn. The Hand of the King has helped me and mine own far more than I can measure, he is a good man, but not more than another piece in the game. And while I may be but a pawn, he is the rook, protection, more able to move, something to hide behind when enemy Queens and her Knights take charge of things beyond their station.”
>>
Lord Quentyn takes another sip of his drink and thinks upon your words, you shunted much of your own blame upon the Lannisters, far from a distruth in reality, and likely something that spoke to the Dornish more than anything else. He begins again after a sigh, “Worry plagues me of the thought, the Lions are still fresh from a slumber a year long, only having awoken when their prey was weak. Their pieces are far too entrenched about the realm.”

“Something I know far too well my Lord. Upon my own doorstep I see an alliance of three Houses far more strong than mine own one, and it pains me to say that I can do nothing more than stare them down alone trying my damndest not to blink. The Lion keeps me under paw, her pieces ever watchful. To attempt to gain my revenge now would only see me in ruins. My House scattered to the winds. I would be nothing more than a martyr to those without the power to see my own intentions to their ends. And what purpose is revenge without seeing it to her conclusion?”

Lord Quentyn does not respond this time, instead staring out the window a long moment before slumping into his chair, knuckles rasping his forehead in a manner that would seem he is more than annoyed of you being his equal in words, and that the desperate Horse Lord of the northern realms was far less the raving madman so desperate for his revenge, to be swayed by promises he could not possibly keep, than he had expected.

He finally speaks again, “Patience my Lord? Is that what you advise? Truly?”

You take a deep breath, firm in your resolve, “Yes.”

Roll 5d6 for Convince.

>>43842396
Because I made a copy paste error, thank you for the catch. Corrected.

>>43842311
He dropped you off in Estermont and left there. So yes.

>>43842261
I'm hysterically awful at describing food. Notice I've done it maybe twice.
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 4, 6, 6 = 25 (5d6)

>>43842621
May the seven grace my dice!
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 5, 4, 6 = 24 (5d6)

>>43842621
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 5, 6, 2 = 22 (5d6)

>>43842574
Actually Father did say that we could convince Quentyn to give us a 100 man large honour guard for our wife to come with us back to the Crownlands,
>>43842621
>>
>>43842631
>>43842634

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>43842621
Read some Brian Jacques, his food descriptions are amazing, it could help out.
>>
>>43842646
We a convincing sum butch huh?
>>
File: 1427824339613.jpg (72 KB, 775x1523) Image search: [Google]
1427824339613.jpg
72 KB, 775x1523
>>43842631
>>43842634
>>43842635

>mfw two 21s and a 20

Well fuck me. Success on a DC18. I um... Wow. Okay then. Good job Brynden.

>>43842647
I will give that a solid look. It's a weaker part of my writing and I feel it necessary for the setting.
>>
>>43842664
They are kids books for the most part, but still, they're pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>43842664
Brynden haggels like a Essosi sellsword.
>>
>>43842682
Just a sellsword playing at Lord.
>>
>>43842682
More like an expensive Lysseni whore
>>
Can someone make a list of what we know as facts, what are the pros and cons of our 2 marriage options?
>>
>>43842714
Well if you want quality you need to pay up.
>>
>>43842664
I guess...you dont fuck with Brynden's convictions for revenge
>>
>>43842737
He does have Vengeful as his vice for a reason.
>>
>>43842730
The expenisve is for her Valyrian blood, the haggling is because she's damned good.

And her husband is a giant Norvosi
>>
Glad we trained our persuasion.
>>
>>43842729
Can we do this at the end of the thread?
>>
Has anyone ever noticed how many of the /tg/ Lords have connections to Jon Arryn? How does that keep happening?
>>
>>43842729
Obella.

>Helps with the peace talks.

>Makes Jon Arryn happy that we helped with the peace talks.

>Makes Doran Martell the Prince of Dorne happy.

>Trade of goods with Dorne.

Possible to get soldiers from the Qorgyle and a alliance with a mid/large tier house.

>She is skilled in intrigue which is a thing Brynden lacks

>Dornish Water Gardens

>Hot Dornish wife

Con.

>Dorne is far away so allies would take time to get here.

That can however been avoided by allowing us to bring home a honour guard.
>>
>>43842664
Hey Father will you ever use intrigue rules?
>>
>>43842774
>>Helps with the peace talks.
The peace talks are preordained.
>>
>>43842780

Probably not fully. I tend to play fast and loose with the ruleset, bending them to work with how I tell the story. For some reason I have a much easier time working them in real life than on /tg/.
>>
>>43842774
Another con
> Is estranged with her family at the moment, if we want their help, we will need to mend their relationship.
>>
>>43842774
+

>Spreads our alliance options between two houses, which is less likely to leave us in the lurch.
>>
>>43842806
It will show

"Hey Dorne is willing to trust the Crown a marriage between a Dornish house and a Crownlander house will be proof of it"
>>
>>43842813
On the bright side, we basically already bro'd it up with her brother already.
>>
>>43842821
>"Hey Dorne is willing to trust the Crown a marriage between a Dornish house and a Valyrian house will be proof of it"
Fixed.
>>
>>43842813
Yeah. But we have been dealing pretty well with him so i dont think that should be too big of a problem.

>>43842840
Same deal. It will just show the realm that everything has returned to the status quo
>>
>>43842840
>"Hey Dorne is willing to trust the Crown a marriage between a Dornish house and a Valyrian house, who is the hands man, will be proof of it"
>>
Can we argue about this after autosage?
>>
>>43842888
No.
>>
>>43842888
Make me sleepy, and it's not really arguing, right now it looks like polite discussion.
>>
>>43842774
As I see
Pros:
>Soldiers
>skill in intrigue
>The trade goods though they most likely can be obtained without marriage.
Neutral:
>HDW
I'd add peace talk stuff here since I don't know how useful for ourselves that would really be.
Cons:
As you said.
>>
>>43842985
Being on good terms with two lord paramounts is not a bad thing aswell.

Doing well in the peace talk would be a great boon for our house. Politically i mean, the crown may lessen some of the restrictions they have placed on us or it would be easier to get them to do it atleast.
>>
>>43842985
Peace talk is useful for us because it helps our standing with the hand. So hes more likely to bat for us, and the more we are seen to do the more ammo he has to use to help lift restrictions on our house.

Also note: Marrying a dornish woman will also make any future requests a hell of allot less potentially suicidal, since we kind of owe them as part of the deal to make these peace talks go better.
>>
>>43843006
By crown you mean Arryn right? I doubt Robert or the bitch cares.
>>
>>43843022
Unless B suddenly grows tits I doubt he barely registers on Robers radar at the moment.
>>
>>43843022
Yeah, He would be able to do more favours for us.
>>
So what are the pros and cons for Giselle?
>>
>>43843082
Makes Jon Arryn happy for marrying the girl he would like us to marry.

Get an alliance with a small knightly house.

Possible trade with Gulltown.

negative.

Her side of the family is disliked with the other.

Small holding and little to no power.

We double down on Jon Arryn
>>
Success, one degree.

Lord Quentyn seems unmoved by your words, his motions remaining the same. His face has turned to a frown, for a moment you seem to read that everything in his mind is turmoil, torn between the mutual respect you had built over the past few weeks and his loyalty to the Prince, as misplaced as it was now. You watch the yard in the tense quiet. Lucas and Symon are there both, the young Qorgyle, Arron behind Ser Santagar, while Grant Conklyn stands next to Lucas, arms folded across his back, lean and tall, not having quite filled in like his father yet. They seem in conversation not far beyond banter, they had developed a rough rivalry since the hawking event you had taken them along for. The rest of the yard is filled with the various Lords and Knights of the Realm as it typically was during this time of the day, court had let out, and you spied more than a few Ladies watching from the shade of Old Palace.

“Do you know who else tells me of patience my Lord?” Lord Quentyn says without moving far too much.

“Hm?”

“My sister. Obella, you met her briefly yesterday, she is… Difficult to put it lightly. She is a constant worm in my ear. Her priorities lie elsewhere yet in moments such as these I only hear her voice. Of wait. Patience. But her very nature suggests elsewise, competitive to a fault, not that I can speak much myself, a trait the three of us share from our father. In truth my Lord it is likely you would get along with her well enough,” he says, voice almost with a tone of bitterness to it, regret tinging the ends of it, “She is of an age my Lord, though I dare not speak on her behalf now. I once made folly by attempting to force her hand… Perhaps the moments of youth without the word patience being in my vocabulary.”
>>
>>43843082

Pure, unspoiled qt with a heart of gold.

Connections in Gulltown.

House Arryn backing her branch of the family.

Biggest con is also the House Arryn situation. She and her brother are clearly pieces on the Hand's board. He's even hinted to us that his pairing us with them is a strategic play that will benefit himself as well as us. Remains to be seen whether Giselle is the leash Arryn uses to ensure our loyalty or if there is another reason why he wants the match to happen.
>>
You tilt your head to the side, confused for a moment. Though it was a relief for you to know she had not told her brother of your little affair, it seemed odd that he expressed near remorse over a situation she seemed more inclined to hold against him. It did seem however that your words had spoken to him to some degree, while you were upon his side to an extent, you were hardly in the position to help, you need serve. Gather allies. His suggestion… He read your need of more than the rook to stand behind. Perhaps a Knight.

“My Lord if I may suggest. Tonight, after our private dinner I do expect there will be another feast in the halls of Old Palace. I expect my sister to attend. Meet her, see for yourself, she is a frightful thing in that situation, so do be careful,” he laughs a moment, “She may surprise you.”

Far more than you would know, you think to yourself. But nod all the same, giving yet another more or less noncommittal response. Lord Quentyn seems appeased by this and takes from his seat, finishing his drink, “My Lord. I have said once before but you are impressive. Far more than a man of your position should be, far too many rumors of your demeanour cloud the reality. Perhaps there is virtue in patience, and these peace talks are not for naught, though I do not know if my Prince will see things this way… I can only hope he sees where our truer enemy lies.”

Now standing alongside him you extend a hand, that he gives an odd look before grasping, “Thank you Lord Quentyn. It would have been a shame to see you upon the opposite side of the battlefield.”

He laughs again, “I cannot promise such is not outside the realm of possibility still my Lord. But, as said before, truly a shame it would have been. I would far rather see the scorpion fly alongside the golden courser."
>>
>>43843082
>>43843115

Other Cons:

>Main alliance reinforcement comes in the form of ships and sailors. Who are basically useless except as foot fodder considering our landlocked position and their lack of formal foorman trainning.

>Less political allies = easier to destabalize us.

>Ontop of that: Less political protection gain: The hand will protect us anyway right now, marrying her will not make him any more protective than he already is, whereas dorne might be able to flex plotical muscle we otherwise have no access to.

>No real improvement in trade access or goods considering everything we would get is routed by the sea port in kings landing.
>>
---

Gathering your Knights was a simple affairs, Ser Symon and Ser Lucas attending both yourself and Lord Quentyn along your trip to Old Palace, though short as it was. When you are ushered into a room where you will be making your meal and final talks of peace if your hope was true you take in a rather impressive and lavish room. A view of the Sea of Dorne from a window you can only imagine is of Myr gives sunlight to the glittering room of white marble and impressive furnishing. You were apparently the first to arrive, Lord Quentyn taking a gander about the room and finding his seat, while you waited at the doorway, still taking in your surroundings. You did not feel as if you belonged her, the last time such lavishness was displayed before you, Sallo Rhod and Yondril were intent on gathering as much as they could before it was ruined by the blood of the fat Pentoshi you were hired to kill. A small voice behind you interrupts past thoughts and you cast a small glance behind, recognizing the deep pools of blue that looked to you from hidden place, a hood shadowing them to further darkness, Obella.

She does not make another word, but gestures for you to come to her, your eyes scan the room again, Lord Quentyn seemingly unaware nor caring. But would your immediate presence be missed was the question?

>Speak with Obella?
>Do not, you need to keep up appearances right now
>>
>>43843142
>Speak with Obella?

Would be nice to find out what she knows.

Dont worry about sex, she closed that off.

But it is good that Quentyn wants to push for marriage aswell. Should be easier to mend brother and sister.
>>
>>43843142
>Speak with Obella
>>
>>43843142
>Speak with Obella?
>>
>>43843142
>>Speak with Obella?
>>
>>43843142
>Do not, you need to keep up appearances right now
>>
>>43843142

>Speak with Obella

We have an opportunity here to both marry into and stabilize the inner workings of the House Qorgyle, the significance of that shouldn't be underestimated. I'm still not sold in the idea entirely, but if we do follow through with this we could have a remarkably staunch ally in Dorne.
>>
>>43842985
Another Pro:

We might be able to haggle buying some sandsteeds, who would make a good cross with the drothraki horses we bought from essos for fast horses with high stanima.
>>
>>43843142
>>Do not, you need to keep up appearances right now
>>
>>43843142
>Keep appearance but signal her to be patient
Is it polite to just disappear without the permission of the host?
>>
>>43843225
We are early as is. So long as we are not late by any great degree from conversing with her, it should not be a problem.
>>
>>43843219

Due to how Illiad's mission went I don't think we secured a breeding population of Dothraki steeds.
>>
I'm not too keen for marrying Obella but she does seem like the better option so far.
>>
>>43843225
Wouldnt worry too much about it if we keep it short no one will notice.
>>
>>43843241
Definitely has a lot more pros
>>
>>43843142
>Speak with Obella
>>
>>43843240
They lost two, three? horses, but the rest should have been bought and taken to the ship regardless. Its just going to be a little harder to breed them into a herd stock.
>>
>>43843235
aight

>>43843241
>Even our potential wives are pieces of the game

Truly a game of thrones

>>43843249
Hopefully it is short meeting, who know. It is brynden we are talking about
>>
>>43843240
We should have enough for a small breed. Besides, we can always get more thanks to Illad's and our own connections in Esoss.
>>
>>43843282
>>Even our potential wives are pieces of the game
Just the usual fare for the nobles
>>
I like Giselle better just personality-wise but I feel like marrying her would put us so deep in Arryn's pocket that we'd never see the light of day again. We've already tossed so many dice on the side of the Hand. It's concerning. I know that he's based grandpa but that hardly means he wouldn't abandon us if he thought it beneficial to the stability of the realm.
>>
>>43843240
Every time I think about Illiad I get so worried about how that whole conversation is going to go. I don't want Illiad and Brynden to fight.
>>
>>43843318
They can make peace through hot passionat fucking.

Illad > Obella > Giselle.
>>
>>43843318
Itll probably be with Bryden going Vimes style spare, then understanding dawns when Illiad introduces his new fiance.
>>
>>43843318
They will fight but afterwards hug it out like brothers.
>>
>>43843318

It'll be easier than reconciling with Dontos honestly. I'm more worried about how things will go with our uncle going forward. The secrets pile up further with every thread, I'm thinking we need to clear the air with him soon and make some concessions to our pride and rage just to get on the same page again. We need Dontos in our corner even if he can be a stubborn old mule at the best of times. He's our link to perhaps the grandest conspiracy in Westeros at the moment.
>>
>>43843318
I just imagine Brynden being incredibly pissed about Illiad lying but as soon as he sees the new scars from the torture, hears about how they were going to cut out his tongue and all the bruising and battering he had got afterwards he'll swear more bloody vengeance.
>>
>>43843369
We didnt tell him yet because the man was drunk and spilling his heart out.
We'll wait until the diplomacy stuff is sorted, Then tell him.
>>
>>43843383
To be fair, i think any myrmen who come into B's lands from now on are going to be checked for slave markings, just in case.
>>
>>43843403

I know, I wasn't trying to say we missed our opportunity. But he put his life and his pride on the line for us at the trial, he clearly has our best interest at heart despite his other conflicts, we need to get everything set with him as soon as we're done traversing the Dornish political mine field.
>>
>>43843315
Completely agree with you.
>>
>>43843315
Well atleast Brynden and Obella's personalities seems to be a perfect mix so that is always something.
>>
>>43843428
Righto man.
>>
Casting eye about again you decide against your better judgment to meet with Lady Obella, you may be missed if you appeared late so you would need to keep this short, you take a step back and feel a hand wrap around your arm pulling you towards the alcove she occupied, brushing the curtain back and forcing you further and out of earshot. She eyes about, the blue drinking in the light about her to near darkness before turning on your own fire and attempting to drink as she usually did. Her hand removes itself from your arm instead placing it on your chest and drawing in near.

“I’ve only a moment my Lord. I need know, my brother have you convinced him to put down arms? This took far longer than the Prince had hoped, he forced this meeting in hopes that we could put the issue to rest,” she says, almost frantically upon hushed word.

“I… Yes. I believe I have, we have spoken at lengths of the topic throughout the weeks but just before this I believe I got through to him. He... “ you stop abruptly, not entirely sure of how to tell Obella about your conversation. Quentyn seemed to turn to thoughts you were not entirely sure were appropriate at the time, the suggestion of marriage even if more or less just an idea had thrown you after the seriousness of the conversation at large.

“He what my Lord?” her eyes searched your own, still frantic to a degree, you had never seen her like this before. There was not the purposeful seduction upon them, even her actions with her body were muted.
>>
“He… Hrm… Spoke of you, said you always spoke of patience to him, of past folly… Such things,” you stumble over the words, still unsure of your footing. Your confidence always seemed to waver and wane about Obella, in moments of serious topic at least, when you flirted, danced in your own ways you felt at ease but here… Yet another piece.

She sighs and draws closer to you, more of a hug, her head pressed against your chest, “Finally… This is as good of news as I can hope for my Lord. My Prince will be happy to hear it. Thank you Lord Malroy. I have some news, small as it is, but I hope it can help you, these last moments will be the most important, I cannot speak to this more. If we fail here… Please my Lord, have a moment longer for me?”

It felt odd to hear her voice like this, less of concern of pleasing, her playful nicknames gone, replaced by the formalities expected of her position. Had she taken your words of potential marriage to heart?

>Hear Obella’s news
>Do not, you need to get back before others arrive and you appear late
>>
>>43843477
>Hear Obella’s news
>>
>>43843477
>Hear Obella’s news

She is taking this serious and she has me slightly worried.

We should probably also tell her of her brothers plans so she can prepare accordingly.
>>
>>43843477
>>Do not, you need to get back before others arrive and you appear late
Later my lady. Though it pains me to leave I must keep appearances up.
>>
>>43843477
>>Hear Obella’s news
Fuck man, think we can say we had to find the loo?
>>
>>43843477
>Hear Obella’s news
>>
>>43843511
Water the stallion so to speak ?
>>
>>43843477
>Head to the party
>>
>>43843477
>Hear Obella's news
>>
>>43843477

>Hear Obella's news

When the hyper sexual, flirtatious tart gets serious I get worried.
>>
>>43843560
>When the hyper sexual, flirtatious tart

I am honestly starting to think that, that was merely an act.
>>
Reading through the archives we should totally bro it up with House Dondarrion. That guy seems okay.
>>
>>43843477

Hear her news, but when you turn to leave say, "By the way, your brother seems to think we would make a good match".

Then leave before she can respond.
>>
>>43843567
To be fair, we met her when her sheer presence caused our uncle to flee the room.
>>
>>43843577

Haha this.

If we can, just once, make Obella as flustered as we regularly make Giselle I'd be happy.
>>
>>43843599
Do be fair, we did spring our bastard on her and made her flustered then.
Still avidly awaiting her payback.
>>
>>43843599
You should read her meeting with Victus again.
>>
>>43843827

I thought she handled that pretty well, all things considered. I was staunchly anti-HDW until Obella aced the bastard test.
>>
>>43843477
>>Hear Obella’s news
>>
>>43843885
I meant more how she acted all sensual and then when she noticed Victus she went into a real hurry to look proper.

Speaking of Victus and Obella, i wonder if he finished painting that shield for her.
>>
>>43843577
second! I like ruffling her feathers, can't wait to see what she pulls on us in revenge
>>
>>43843902

That'd be an excellent gift to give her once we're ready to sail home. Have Victus run up to her, present the shield and kiss her hand or something, then come running back to the ship.

He could pull it off, our kid is based as hell.
>>
You bite your lower lip, at great risk she met you these moments before your dinner, apparently one of such great importance you were to be included? It hardly made sense to you in the grander scheme of things, you were not as important a Lord as others that had attended. The Estermonts, Dondarrions, Hightowers, by the Seven even the Velaryons. Why you? A moment longer was all you could spare.

“A single moment, no longer.”

Her eyes cast from your chest to meet yours, a finger trailing upon the line of your pectoral muscle, “There are whispers of a coup my Lord. Lord Yronwood seems intent upon war, those that spoke with him could not turn his thoughts from it. A few of the Lords that had come alongside the Hand even pledge secret loyalties to him. With Prince Oberyn’s position seemingly wavering, he has taken the harder stance, perhaps to sway him back. Whatever happens in that room, please do not falter my Lord. These precious last moments are all that stands between us and the realm falling to pieces.”

Your eyes widen, even if your efforts had appeared small perhaps Lord Quentyn’s word may be enough, perhaps your presence mattered more than you could know. Where a single word, a pledge could turn the tide of thought. Your throat feels dry, unable to form word and you step back from her, her eyes keeping to yours, arms crossing about her body in lieu of your chest.

“I… I promise. I will do whatever is needed,” you say finally. Unsure of the lengths you may need go to ensure such.

She nods, quiet, her eyes cast upon the floor now, “My Lord. I cannot make promises-”

“You do not need to,” you interrupt.
>>
Does anyone else love our bastard son Victus? I do. If that poor kid wasn't bastard born, he'd be perfect first son material (even tempered, polite, and smart)
>>
Lady Obela swallows hard, nodding, for once her age showed. She was masterful in her domain, but here, she appeared the young lady. Nodding again to herself she draws her cloak close again shadowing her eyes and goes to leave, the opposite way she had pulled you.

“Wait,” your voice calls, she casts her eyes back to you a slight moment, half in her step, “Your brother said something else,” she tilts her head, confused, “He seems to think we would make a fine match,” you finish, allowing even the slightest of smiles upon your face to ease her tension.

She stares at you dumbfounded, lips unable to form words, before a slight fury reaches her eyes, “How dar-”

You place a finger to lips, her voice would carry tuo far, and then turn on heel, leaving the small passage with a more than annoyed Lady Obella staring daggers into your back likely wishing them to the room beyond. You emerge with a slight noise, drawing no attention and smooth your garments and fix your face to seriousness again. The room beyond waited. Far too much resided in the hands of a sellsword playing at Lord. How they would detest to see you here now.

You push on, entering the room, thankful to see you were not the last to arrive. Prince Oberyn had arrived, speaking to Lord Quentyn in hushed tones, his eyes graze over you for a slight moment, before turning again to Quentyn. Perhaps your arrival had not been ideal. You stand in the doorway when Prince Doran his Lady wife, and Lord Arryn arrive together from a door in the back. Oberyn and Quentyn stand to greet them and you remember your place, going to Lord Arryn’s side of the table, next to his seat greeting them as well.
>>
Prince Doran bids you all sit, Lord Arryn giving you a glance of happiness at your being there. So many questions left unasked, unanswered. You are offered wine, enough to calm your nerves, your eyes fleet about the room. Resting upon your meal a moment when it arrives, the idle chatter finally giving way to word of importance. Lord Arryn starts, his voice grave, unaware of the brewing conspiracy in the city below. The words feel like mush to your ears, words of importance, voices raised, eyes drawn about the room towards those whose words meant the most. Lord Quentyn and yourself remain quiet for the majority of it. Oberyn seemed heated in this moment, voice his displeasure with the mere mention of Elia, of wishing these talks over as they served no purpose any longer. Was he playing a game even now you wondered. Quentyn’s resolve seemed fortified by Oberyn’s passionate fire, and you worried he would falter.

You chew on your lip, the food below left untouched until word turns to you, anger in it, discontent another, eyes cast upon you. Your opinion asked.

“Lord Malroy. Is it not true your House was loyal to the Targaryens?” Prince Doran asks you.

“Yes my Prince, she was.”

“And it is not fair to say that the wrongs done to your House were beyond measure. Is this so?”

“Yes, again.”

Lord Arryn interjects, “And yet now I find Lord Malroy amongst the staunchest supporters of the Crown in the Crownlands, an ideal to live to, one that has gone beyond the war of a year past, and buried his dead. And sworn himself to the Crown, fully. The enemies that once were forgotten. And now, upon the bidding of the Queen, he would see such a task done. Is this not so my Lord?”

There it was. That was your purpose. To look defeated. To be an example. To be the pawn sacrificed to threaten the King.

>Agree
>Disagree
>>
Arryn. You. Bastard.
>>
>>43843957
>Agree

We have to play along.

Still a mighty dick move of you Jon Arryn, but we did see it coming though.
>>
Fuck you Arryn
>>
>>43843957
>Agree

Fuck you jon
>>
God damn it Arryn. We knew that was why were were brought that that was way harsher than it needed to be. I thought we were here to show that cooperation is possible, not to be shown off as a broken dog.
>>
>>43843957
Not at the bidding of the Queen. For the stability of the realm for now.
>>
>>43843957
I think how we agree is as important as agreeing. I think, play into their perception of us. Wait a moment to answer, play up looking visibly frustrated then agree.
>>
>On the bidding of the queen

Fuck you arryn. Fuck you so hard. Holy shit you should have prepped us for that. Legitimately, not even fucking lawyers go into a courtroom without fully prepping their clients like that.
>>
>>43843957
>Disagree
"At the bidding of the King"
>>
>>43843957
After this I think we can defeat Stannis at teeth-grinding
>>
Ho Boy.

>Agree

But i say we do so in an elogated way

"My house is reduced, much like that of my fellows who were loyal to" etc etc.

Basically a very politically neutral "If we go to war, all the allies you could think of are fucked and nothing is gained" slightly in Arryns favour.
>>
We have to agree...

You owe us big time Jon.
>>
>>43843957
>>43844034
"It is so, my lord. I would see old enemies as new opportunities in furthering the stability of the realm and my house."
>>
>>43843957
Agree, but don't actually make an effort towards being convincing. We're not the world's greatest actor arryn, if you need us to play a part give us the chance to practice (is the excuse we'll give)
>>
>>43844046
Oh, and a slight correction for loyal to the king if we can fit it in.

Rolling over 100% will make it seem like a none statement and a threat (big fucking no no to dorne, they do not fear the rest of westeros).
>>
File: elf.gif (1021 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
elf.gif
1021 KB, 400x400
Arrynfags BTFO
>>
>>43844039
Seriously it's like he wants to fuck this up. Why did he have to say the bidding of the Queen? He doesn't give two shits about us and just wants to break us completely
>>
>>43844046
I disagree, we should act as if agreeing is like pulling teeth. We can't make this too easy, else it's not very convincing
>>
>>43844039
Sometimes they do, just for the face Brynden must be pulling at this moment, this is the moment where either shit goes down or it get prevented.
It's one of the dickiest move ever, but it's highly effective if played right.
>>
>>43844065
Arryn specifically asked us to act like a sellsword.

He wants us to show some fire here. Because if we just flop over itll have fuck all meaning. But if we reject too strongly it becomes infavor of those who wish war.
>>
Man I feel terrible about finally dropping that one on you guys. A lot of people were guessing that was the reason behind your purpose here, just not to such a harsh extent. But the state House Malroy is in and how much of an example it is to other greater Noble Houses is far too much opportunity to pass up.

That's how the game is played. Anyway, writing whatever I can cobble together from this.
>>
>>43844062

Does he think we're Sansa going around spouting the line about how Joffery is a fair and wise ruler? Even if we were Dorne would see how false it was.
>>
We got played hard. Now we will be seen as a bitch by everyone
>>
>>43844078
So consensus as: Something shat under our nose, but agreeing with slight modifications (specifically to make it so we are NOT the queens lapdog, that will score no one points and was included for us to reject/correct).
>>
File: Stone cold.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Stone cold.gif
954 KB, 320x240
Give him the look. The one that say "you done goof'd"
>>
>>43844085
I like the quest even more now. That was brilliant on your part
>>
>>43844085
I'm down with playing a part if that's what he needs, but if he's gonna do this he runs a serious risk of us going "I hate westeros I hate westeros I hate westeros" and jumping out the fucking window rather than deal with this bullshit.
>>
And marrying Giselle would only make us double down on this!

You owe us big time Jon!

Goddamnit Father you mad genius fuck.
>>
>>43843957
>Agree
We agree, but let them think the agreement chafes at us and that it is as much for our house as the stability of the realm. Act as if we have a terrible poker face
>>
If Arryn doesn't make it perfectly clear in private afterwards that we're getting properly compensated for this shitshow I say we join up with Yronwood. Patience can only go so far. We've gone to great lengths to act proper and wise, but at the end of the day we aren't going to fucking roll over like a dog
>>
>Whatever happens in that room, please do not falter my Lord. These precious last moments are all that stands between us and the realm falling to pieces.
I wonder for how long did she know that
>>
So, im kind of interested in how Obella is going to mull over the slight dick move we pulled on her.
>>
>>43844140
Probably play hard to get during our private meeting with her and her brother. She will want some serious courting.
>>
>[teeth grinding intensifies].gif
>>
>>43843957

No fucking way will I allow Brynden to prostrate himself like a broken dog, nipping at heels being playful.

You played too hard Arryn. Too fucking hard. You know brynden isn't gonna be a whipped bitch, so why drive the knife home so?

"As you said My Lord Hand Arryn, I swore myself to the crown to the CROWN's (emphasis added) service. But some deeds done are not forgotten nor forgiven. Were that they so, then my house wouldn't have been chastised so easily, and all things taken from them given back. If those who were once enemies were forgotten, isn't it so?"

"But I argue for peace. For... pragmatism. All tell me war is war, but not all things done in war make it just, and there is no honor in whitewashing bloodstains, no matter how noble the end-goal."

"But, i still support the Crown. I still support the peace, for I am here and no bidding nor carrots dangled in front of me can change me once resolved. I support the Crown for no other reason that peace needs prevail for now, and there are other means to right wrongs than simply by the end of the sword".

So in essence, Peace and stability, get your revenge by other means, and we are not a fucking dog Arryn.
>>
>>43844153
Of course.

Then try to scold us in private, which is when we include the part about her brother regreting his actions leading up to telling us this, so we can suprise her again.
>>
I can't believe how hard we fell for that. Hell we even got a clue the last time we talked to Arryn about the whole doing things that made people question his honor.

That son of a bitch.
>>
>>43844172
Now you know why vale men are not as highly regarded as their lofy aims would have them be.
>>
File: cruise.jpg (103 KB, 640x683) Image search: [Google]
cruise.jpg
103 KB, 640x683
>Jon Arryn right now
>>
File: 1404109460146.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1404109460146.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>Brynden right now
>>
Fuck Westeros we should be sellswords again!
>>
There's a difference between being brought to the meeting as a royalist house that has decided to join the Crown, and getting completely thrown under the bus. Holy shit Arryn is getting our sister free and Redward's head on a pike on a timeframe not measured in years, or we're teaming up with Yronwood.
>>
>>43844085
It's a bitter pill to swallow, all the more because Jon has the game rigged in his favor. If we blatantly disagree, we not only risk instigating a war but make our loyalties plain as day and he can see to it to fuck us into oblivion. It's a very risky game Jon is playing, and while it may pay off immediately it may just come back to bite him.
>>
>>43844219

honestly, I'm surprised by such a bold move from Arryn. Bobby B or ned, definitely, but this shows a level of Lannister-tier fuck you that I would not have expected from him.

Honestly, Brynden has been eating so much shit these past few months I'm suprised that his hair hasn't turned brown.

As an Aside, i'm tired of getting fucked by other characters so goddamn hard in this quest. It's time to start making other people react to us instead of reacting to events.
>>
>>43844245
second
>>
>>43844245
To be fair, we have pretty much defied nearly everyones expectations of us every, single, damn, time.

The thing we lack is power, and im betting if Arryns gamble plays off and B rolls with this in just the right way, waves are going to be made in our favour.
>>
QM didn't joke when he said that this quest was set on hard mode.
>>
>>43844245
What can we do man? We are a small house and a small piece in the game of thrones, and we are being harshly scrutinized at all angles. We don't have a lot of options available to us, and I'm not sure what the QM expects of us or if he thinks we're doing the wrong thing here
>>
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if even Mason Flowers tried to fuck us over.
>>
Jon. You could atleast let Brynden suck you off so it would get some lubrication before fucking us in the ass.

>>43844245
We just have to bite the pillow for a little while longer. When the War of Five Kings breaks out it will be Brynden's time to laugh.
>>
>>43844331
Mate that's 18 years away. We might not even make it.
>>
>>43844338
We certainly won't make it if we don't bite the pillow now.
>>
So, let's start brainstorming how we will orchestrate the Hand's fall from grace. This is unforgivable, obviously.

Do we start looking for smaller players who can upset Arryn's power structure? Like Baelish? Should we use our Essosi network to bring in foreign parties? Maybe we could serve as agents to sow discord within the realm so foreign interests can scoop up what falls.

Any ideas that don't involve allying with the Lannisters?
>>
>>43844331
>Brynden is in the Crownlands so he'll have to support Joff
:^)
>>
Reminder that we pissed off the Spider because of our hair.
>>
>>43844349
No.

We need the hand. Without him we are fucked three ways to sunday.
>>
>>43844349
Gold and Silver, lad.
>>
>>43844356
Yeah. But we will do it almost purely in spirit. We offer the least amount of support that is acceptable and try to stay out of the fighting as much as possible while we laugh our asses off when they kill eachother.
>>
>>43844303

To be completely honest, right now we are trying to be a regional power when we aren't even a local one yet.

We are an amateur boxer trying to go up against world class opponents. We don't have the resources, training, experience, or even allies to even get to that level.

What we need to do is start focusing on the crownlands, and only on the crownlands politically from this point on. We need to make in-roads and headway toward gaining the favor of knightly houses and other lordly houses in similar straights and using that as a positioning point for further leverage further down the line.

Basically, politically/strategically, we need to start rallying together other pygmy-tier houses into a somewhat cohesive force with us at it's head, and then working toward leveraging advantage for our coalition.

Ideal candidates are other knightly houses and other minor houses within the Crownlands/immediately surrounding the crownlands.

In real life terms, what we are doing right now is playing Poland and trying to ally ourselves with Britain pre-WWII. What we should be doing is consolidating a power base in Eastern Europe with all the other minor entities to forge a singular strong block.
>>
>>43844364
But do we want to appear so dependent that we are no longer capable of autonomy without him? That just invites people to fuck us over
>>
>>43844375
I meant what can we do right now, in this moment.
>>
>>43844364
Yep
We talked to Que...obella's brother about our patient.
Lets be patient...for our sister
>>
>>43844349

First off I'm of the opinion that trying to emulate Baelish is always a terrible idea in GoT quests, as it simply doesn't translate.

Second off, we're going to go to Yronwood tonight and say we want to join his little coup.

If Arryn is going to continue to treat us like dirt it will be for real. If Arryn makes it clear that this betrayal was calculated for show and that we will be getting our sister back soon as just compensation then we will have the perfect cover to infiltrate Yronwoods coup and uncover any traitors in Arryn's party(Now that I think about it there's a good chance that might be exactly the reason he's dicking us so hard right now).
>>
>>43844383
Hence why you dont fucking marry who he picked out for us, and gain as many varied allys as possible.

The man is an umberella we require until we have a decent power base and a political spring board to take back our local claims.

Stop trying to kill the guy who is probably the only one keeping our entire house in existance at this moment in time.
>>
>>43844399

What I wrote here:

>>43844160

>So in essence, Peace and stability, get your revenge by other means, and we are not a fucking dog Arryn.
>>
>>43844375
We already have a point to operate from:
The local "bandits" around redward lands gives us a good place to start gathering local allies and claw back some land/power if we play it right.

It also sets precident for those houses to stand side by side, which helps us in future political skirmishes.
>>
>>43844375
We are getting a thing going with the Chelsted by marrying Dontos to the lady. And it was mentioned how the people of Princewood was suffering under Redward and it was a legit possibility to get that area of our land back.
>>
>>43844414
And I rightfully ignored it, because we are basically playing our hand way too soon. Everyone will know we vocally said we are biding our time and that we haven't forgotten the sins of the Crown, and that's fucking idiotic. It may play well in Dorne, but not back in the Crownlands. We'll be eaten alive. We are a fucking whipped dog, because that's the role we have to play at the moment if we want to actually bide our time.
>>
>>43844338
14 years
>>
>>43844338
Bite the pillow anon. Plot, make alliances and friends. Build up our forces and holdings, get what land we can back and bite the pillow.
>>
>>43844465
Robb isn't born yet and he's about 16-17 in the books so that was what I was basing the time frame on.
>>
>>43844484
Actually Rob is around 1-2 years old right now.
>>
>>43844484
Wait wait wait.

We have to suffer through pregnant hormonal circi?
>>
>>43844454
>>43844437

Yeah, I understand that. But the point I am trying to make is that we shouldn't even be in Dorne in the first place, and Political situations involving the whole of Westoroes and the movements of the Top-tier houses should be ignored should the invitation arise again.

We are inviting ourselves to get screwed over if we try to break into the upper atmosphere of intrigue involving Westeros again, like this Dorne trip has shown. Until we are able to show that screwing with us invites some repercussions to the other Major houses, we should stay out of sight and under their radar.

Basically, ignore invitations to get into Continent spanning intrigue unless we have a solid footing, which we don't.

Right now Arryn is a nominal ally even after this trip, and we should leave it at that. We have paid enough for the level of protection he is giving us, and we need to start really working locally like you guys have mentioned, but even more so.
>>
Arryn doesn't want us to roll over totally, he wouldn't have mentioned the Queen if he did. Why the fuck weren't we prepped for whatever scheme he's got going?
>>
>>43844503
Fuck really? I thought Joffrey was older than him? I really need to reread the book.
>>43844511
At least two more times. If it follows canon.
>>
>>43844516
>we still are dancing at his hand
BRAVO ARRYN!
>>
>>43844484
Bobby B dies in 298, the war kicks off soon after.
Robb is born in 283 and die in 299.
>>
You feel as if you could retch. Your stomach sat in your throat, even wine did little to push it back down, the eyes upon you burned. Such a heat you felt. Like the moments before you spoke with Arryn about Isis. Somehow this felt worse, the quiet in the room had turnt to a harsh tenseness. Your eyes flamed in the evening the sun. The look upon your face read of a mixture of emotions so harsh you could pull the dagger from your breast and stab the man in the eye immediately. Words echoed in your head, your own for once. Patience. Your revenge could wait. You need but play the part. Play the bloody part you sellsword. Play it.

“Yes my Lord, my loyalties to the Crown, remain unfaltering, even in times of greater turmoil for my House. War is war, and with it comes injustice to one side, but what is justice to another. I would sue for peace even in these times of change, for the realm. For the Crown. For the King,” you say, gritting out the last of it. There was a clear burning anger in your words, that sort of phrasing that said, ‘Yes I do want to stab someone, why do you ask?’ but you played your part. The pawn sacrificed.

Prince Doran’s eyes meet yours, they looked… Off. As if he knew. That the words that had just come from your mouth were the hardest you had ever uttered. Noting your lack of committal to the Queen. They turn to a flash to regard the nearly dumbfounded Lord Quentyn and Prince Oberyn looking more than disgusted by the turn of events. Words are spoken, those you hear but do not regard more than a few moments. Quiet words, wrought with disdain but not for you. For another. Words of relief. Of peace. A gambit played, aggressive marching on the opposing side of the board. Threatening the King with a mere pawn before sacrificing him to capture with the rook. They begin to leave off, Quentyn in tow of Oberyn that walks with an angry step. Arryn after Doran, giving you a farewell and promise to speak later, one you were unsure of your want of.
>>
We play along for now. Honestly once this lunch is done we need to make as many friends here as humanly possible.

We thank Arryn for the opportunity to serve him, gush about how we realize that it is more honorable to not bow to our own pride, we want to do the right thing, etc.

We marry Obella, and maybe through her or Quentyn try to get word to Oberyn that, yes, we are interested in seeking revenge. Let him know on the down low that we can help each other avenge the crimes committed on our respective families.

Next, we need to ruin Giselle completely as a marriage prospect. It's going to break my heart, but she's a bargaining chip in Arryn's hand and she needs to be removed from his purse and thrown into the river.

What am I forgetting?
>>
Holy shit Arryn you mad Genius.

Giselle. Pretty and sweet young blond noble lady, would be the perfect waifu for any quest. He was hoping we would rush headlong into his honeytrap in a mad display of waifuism.

He just revealed that she is actually a leash.
>>
>>43844512
No.

We should be in dorne, because its what is keeping us seen as the hands man (protection), and buying us political capital to spend on house restraint releasement.

We can avoid upper teir intrigue after this really damn easily and focus more locally, its just this event is too profitable to pass up.
Stay the fuck away from kings landing as much as possible.
>>
And you sit alone. In quiet thought. You played your part. To the greatest extent of your dignity. And it burned. Like wildfire.

---

Alright so we’re going to take a break from the quest for a moment. To talk about a couple of things. These are a few OOC things that will determine where we go from here.

First. I am genuinely sorry about that. It was a dick move. I know it was. But it was the story, I can’t help but giving you the shake down of a lifetime when I set up your House to be beaten up from the get go, this has been the plan from the beginning. Do I want you to succeed? Absolutely. Do I want Brynden to get his revenge? Definitely. Do I know you guys are resourceful and will figure out ways to gain all of this even when I actively work against you at times? In short, yes. How you go from here is entirely your show. There is a reason behind it I will say, but that’s it. But let’s move on from it for a bit, we won’t be getting any progression on it until we get back home. So Brynden can stew over it longer.
>>
Second, let’s talk about something that’s been popping up for awhile. Marriage. Right now we have two options. Giselle and Obella. So we’re going to have the discussion of a lifetime about that. I am not forcing you into either option right now, however if you do decide to go after one, that is the focus that we will gain from here on out. Hell, we could even end up with a betrothal by the end of the thread. I don’t know.

Couple things about this. There are two more options, but they are a tier down. The dowries are smaller, the support lesser, and they come with their own drawbacks.

Next, I have absolutely zero preference, I see drawbacks and benefits to both really and in the end they are mechanically equal. I’m not going to make an ideal match for you guys because that isn’t fair. The storyline implications however are far greater, they both change a lot of things, and will make an impact on House Malroy.

So… Let’s go, open floor. Ask me questions discuss if we want to go down a path now. Let’s get this shit figured out.
>>
>>43844556
>Prince Doran’s eyes meet yours, they looked… Off. As if he knew.
We got double played!
>>
>>43844588
Obella. We after that display we cannot afford to double down on Jon Arryn. Giselle is a leash whatever she knows about it or not.

And dont worry father i am not mad at you. You crazed genius.
>>
>>43844594
Prince Doran knew we were playing the role of a puppet with strings. Isent he the guy who asked Obella to contact us in the first place to help with these talks? He knew this scene was going to happen.

>>43844588
The story was glorious.
Obella is the focus i wish for in regards to marriage. Theres no point dropping a teir, it'll only screw us over in the long run.
>>
>>43844588
So what are some of the points for Gisselle and Obella? Or where they already given? Cons for each. As you see them at least. Don't worry about it. It's the fucking Game of Thrones and we are only s fucking pawn.
>>
>>43844578

Don't apologize Dad, that was brilliant. This actually feels like GoT now, not some fanfic where everyone wants to buddy up with the MC because plot armor.

I am now firmly on team fuck the Hand, though. Who is with me, and what are we going to do about it?
>>
>>43844588
I want Obella, now especially after that display. Doubling down on Arynn like we planned will only see us disgraced further. Better to do what we said and actually bide our time and form allies with Houses who are just as unsatisfied with the outcome but are suing for peace.
>>
>>43844588
Can you openly state every pro for Giselle? Honestly after this stunt it is very hard to go for her.
>>
>>43844588
Seriously, Obella is leading massively in everything, i say we go after her. Jon could use Giselle to pressure us to who knows what.
>>
>>43844588
Apologies are unecessary, by being fucked over like this it truly feels like Game of Thrones.
>>
>>43844594
Fucking rulers and nobles.
The actual target was Prince Oberyn and Quentry not useing us as a pawn and/or an ally for them.
Played like a goddamn fiddle there

>>43844588
You really are a great storyteller
But enough praise, Do we have potential wife in the future? Like a great investment other than the current two?
>>
>>43844611
>Like we planned
Like some planned mate.
>>
>>43844588
What would Dontos have done if he where the Lord and not Brynden.
>>
>>43844588
You kind of made Giselle very unappealing Father. There's a lot of cons going in, as well as what Jon did, and one of the few pros is meta reasoning (you telling us we can take the bank for this) By aligning with Giselle, we basically tell Arynn that inspite of what we did we want to be buddies with him and likely falling into a (unknowing) honey trap to leash us further. No thanks.
>>
We need to despoil Giselle. We need to remove that card from Arryn's deck.
>>
>>43844610
>I am now firmly on team fuck the Hand, though. Who is with me, and what are we going to do about it?

Not yet anon. Right now he is what keeps us safe. We have to play the whore a little while longer.

>>43844632
Father mentioned there was a chance for a Reach wife but she is also located very south, like Dorne south. And i dont like being unmarried for so long since we would first meet her during the tourny in highgarden,
>>
>>43844643
Yeah, unless Father openly state every pros and cons it's impossible to choose her after this stunt.
>>
>>43844588
Marry Obella and i almost wish to shame Giselle by taking her maidenhead, nay make her want Brynden to take it and then take it.
>>
>>43844659
Dear god no. The moment that happens she'll get pregnant.
>>
Vale girls are nothing but bronze bitches.
>>
>>43844645
Careful of the consequences. Even if we dispose her as a pawn, he will have more and he WILL punish us.

>>43844648
agreed.
The hand might be like that but he have honor that we can use.
Just...learn from him how to play the Game
>>
>>43844588
Cerci. Silver and gold lads, silver and gold.
>>
>>43844667

So what? That's even better. We have to ruin her so Arryn can't make use of her anymore.
>>
>>43844659
>>43844645
Are you serious? We already took the fall for Arryn, no need to disgrace ourselves further to get some short-sighted revenge on him.
>>
Fuck the Lannisters Fuck the Baratheons fuck the Hand fuck Westeros
>>
>>43844687
And then we end up with more debt to pay for ruining her for marriage, or some other bullshit.

So many ways it can be used as a beat stick for the dog that bit the hand. Its petty and stupid.
>>
If anything I think Giselle's brother will grow to respect Brynden more after that, because that was one bitter pill to swallow. Though he'll be worrying Brynden won't use Giselle to hurt Jon.
>>
>>43844694
As i said.
>Almost

Dont want to actually do it. Lets just say Brynden's future encounters with her will be cold.
>>
Sorry to distract from the topic of marriage, but we seriously need to go to Yronwood after this.

We give Arryn one more chance to explain himself and pledge his assistance (Years to rescue our sister is NOT acceptable). If he pacifies us we can use this to infiltrate Yronwood's movement. If not we can get Arryn's head on a platter in revenge.

We've served Arryn more than well enough, he needs to hold up his end of the bargain for this.
>>
>>43844612
Alright we're going to get a mixture of mechanical and slightly spoilery story. But it's fair play at this point.

Pros:

Gulltown is huge, there's a lot of pull that Grover can still wrangle in if he's given the proper support to do so. Right now he's the head of her navy and is in possession of the majority of her ships. You could likely pull 1000 troops from that of various sorts because he doesn't arm them all with sailors.

Economically speaking you will have a greater benefit, there will be some options on both sides but you can start up a greater business, not Karban tier, but pretty good if you have resources in Gulltown. Baelish would play a part in this.

Lord Arryn has a reason for his actions. He disliked having to do this as much as you hated having it done to you. If you continue after Giselle it will show to him that you understand that, and he will be more willing to let you in on such. He tested your loyalty beyond measure, I know. But it had purpose and he isn't going to leave that debt unpaid.
She's alright with Victus' existence. But just alright.

She likes wine, dancing and singing and is adorable as fuck I don't know what you want from me.

Cons

People will see you as Arryn's bitch. You'll lose a lot of Dorne points. Quentyn is pissed for you right now.

It's a Knightly House, will weak strings to the main branch. You can repair them, but it'll be a bitch.

What use is a navy when you're so far inland?

Yeah I know, I kind of fucked over Giselle right now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.