[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh, hey Horus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: LemanRuss.jpg (180 KB, 587x774) Image search: [Google]
LemanRuss.jpg
180 KB, 587x774
>>
The only Primarch this guy ever beat was one who was holding back against him and intended to lose from the very beginning and Russ STILL needed help from two big ass mother fucking crazy wolves to beat him.

This guy's among the weaker Primarchs physically along with Alpharius.
>>
>>43836985
Dude you are stupid as fuck
>>
>>43836989
Not my fault he's a loser hothead who's probably not even that fit with how much he eats.
>>
File: bane3.jpg (88 KB, 666x498) Image search: [Google]
bane3.jpg
88 KB, 666x498
>>43837023
Leman Russ is the only cool hothead in human history
>>
>>43837039
Of all the 40k hotheads

Doombreed (if he counts shit he's a Daemon Prince of Khorne I am sure he gets mad) >>>>Angron>>>Kharn>>>>>>>>>>Abaddon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leman Russ
>>
>>43836968
>Oh, hey Russ. Go burn Prospero and kill the Thousand Sons
>Okie dokie Horus !
>>
>based wolf king
>the only primarch who based his loyality to the Emperor on honor instead of simply "dadda"
>guiding the only legion who truly serve only the Emperor and don't allow the Imperium beaurocracy to shit on their lawn
>the primarch willing to take risks and do things he's not proud of for the sake of keeping his oath
>the only primarch who didn't go "oh so serious" when tasked with a legion but instead decided that life was still worth enojoying
>the primarch that /tg/ hates but deep down knows that he was right from the beginning abou Magnus
>>
>>43838339
>the only primarch who based his loyality to the Emperor on honor instead of simply "dadda"
...Vulkan ?
>>
>>43836985
>>43837023
Why is it always magnus fanboys who act like giant faggots like this?
See I like magnus, as well as russ, but id never tell anyone that for fear of being lumped together with these idiots
>>
File: 1374177854339.gif (545 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1374177854339.gif
545 KB, 300x199
>>43838339

>right from the beginning
>for slaughtering his brother along with his planet because he tried to warn big E

L A F F O
>>
File: Tolbek_Tactical_Squad.jpg (322 KB, 1025x670) Image search: [Google]
Tolbek_Tactical_Squad.jpg
322 KB, 1025x670
Space Wolves are literally retarded you can thank them for the Imperium losing an entire legion to Chaos they do not even have the mental capacity to question an order like murder millions of people and destroy and entire planet of people who have been doing nothing but help the Imperium since they joined them i do not agree with people on some things but that does not mean i am gonna go to their house burn it and slaughter everyone but the ones who are tougher than me and fought back
>>
>>43836968
The true Donald Trump of the setting. He needs to return and make the Imperium great again.
>>
>Every day until you like it desu
:^)
>>
>>43836985
While I dislike russ. He was on part with the lion, one of the strongest brothers. Like you said, magnus wad holding back.

But keep in mind magnus is also the guy who got mad at a titan and made himself as big as it was just so he could practice his boxing skills.

His power levels are stupid. Eben by 40k standards.

That being said, I love magnus. He's actually written like a real human bean.
All he wanted was to help. ;^;
>>
>>43841731
This just in kids. Proof read when typing on a bumpy road.

Sorry for that horribly written mess Anon.
>>
Magnus and Russ are seemingly Polar Oppoisites and I dont see any reason to hate Russ.
They have different appeals as characters but they were both brothers and loved eachother.
I feel bad for both of them and their hardships and wish /tg/ could just like all the Primarchs besides the willing heretical scum.

On another note

What's the new fluff on Horus vs. The Emperor

Is Horus really as strong as him or is The Emperor holding back and they put Ollanius Pius back in the lore?
>>
>The Emperor: Russ I need you to bring in Magnus for questioning
>Leman Russ: Oh OK

>Horus Lupercal: Hey Russ, The Emperor has changed his mind, he wants you to kill everything on the fucking planet and more
>Leman Russ: That's more like it
>>
File: 1445606905422.jpg (307 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1445606905422.jpg
307 KB, 853x543
>>43841825
>>
>>43839145
I agree with you, but you should try punctuation sometime.
>>
>>43838572
>for slaughtering his brother along with his planet because he tried to warn big E

Its not like Russ knew that was the reason he was sent to throw down on him
>>
>>43839145
>i do not agree with people on some things but that does not mean i am gonna go to their house burn it and slaughter everyone

then you might not be a space wolf
>>
File: 1429516316691.gif (15 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1429516316691.gif
15 KB, 750x500
>>43841823
>Is Horus really a strong as him
maybe, but maybe not

>or is The Empror holding back
yes, but that could be considered a part of Horus' strength

>and they put Ollanius Pius back in
he was never present on the Vengeful Spirit, but they did bring him back..

..as an immortal, hyper skilled snowflake who is as old and experienced as The Emperor

be careful what you wish for, pius fans
>>
>>43841825
>The Emperor: Horus tell Russ I need him to bring in Magnus for questioning
>Horus Lupercal: Oh OK

>Horus Lupercal: Hey Russ, The Emperor wants you to kill everything on the fucking planet and more
FIFY
>>
>>43838572

>especially being told not to do the sorcery thing
>doing it anyways
>forming a pact with one of the 4 things he should never ever talk or even look up.
>condemn the Emperor to remain sit on the throne with daemons clawing at his mind
>expecting a clear message from the being that now have to use most of his will to prevent earth from being swallowed flby daemons
>not even delivering the message after all the fuck up he did
>the traitor Horus knows of this events and takes advantage changing the order from capturing to kill them because no one even suspects he's gone traitor and have the authority to do so
>there is the nikea thing that banned sorcery and an explicit warning of what might happen if you disovey the edict

Keep delusional Magnus.
>>
>>43839145
>they do not even have the mental capacity to question an order like murder millions of people
You mean the thing they had been doing for hundreds of years
Indeed all twenty legions
>>
>>43839145
>you can thank them for the Imperium losing an entire legion to Chaos

Implying they weren't already tainted since the flesh changes manifested again by themselve during the assault on prospero since they were corrupted because of their sorcery.
>>
>>43842559
That response made me die of laughter because of how true it is.
>>43842496
Magnus still cared deeply for his Father and his sons and had a conflicting nature of which he should look out for.
Where do people get the interpretation that Magnus remotely hated The Emperor?
>>
>>43839145
>they do not even have the mental capacity to question an order like murder millions of people and destroy and entire planet of people who have been doing nothing but help the Imperium since they joined them
When The Emperor, or indeed The Warmaster orders you to jump, you ask how high and into what mud.

If the Smurfs do it, all legions are expected to be able to do it as well.
>>
>based wolf king
Furry

Lion, Vulkan, Sanguinius, Ferrus.... are you just being stupid.

>guiding the only legion who truly serve only the Emperor and don't allow the Imperium beaurocracy to shit on their lawn
By being the Emperor's LITERAL lap dogs

>the only primarch who didn't go "oh so serious" when tasked with a legion but instead decided that life was still worth enojoying
Who was Lorgar?

>the primarch willing to take risks and do things he's not proud of for the sake of keeping his oath

Again with the Lion, and pretty much EVERY loyal primarch. Also Dorn, because the Last Remembrancer was a thing.

>the primarch that /tg/ hates but deep down knows that he was right from the beginning about Magnus

Fucking wolf fags forever trying to justifying their own fuck ups.

Seriously, I hate both of these legions, but the wolf fags are by far the more annoying.
>>
>>43842496
But Magnus, through every lens, WAS loyal you twat. That he failed to stop horus and save the empire does not justify Russ' stupidity.

Russ is the only true loyalist legion that fully fucked up by letting Horus drive him to team killing the Legion that would have most aided the loyalists against him.

The space wolves are defined in the HH by their most major fuck up, their blind loyalty being their ultimate flaw against them.
>>
>>43842749
>Who was Lorgar
Fuck off Erebus, lorgar was even more shit and a drama queen, nothing he ever did was either good nor at his liking, if there is someone worse than Russ that's lorgar.

>Muh not Vatican
>muh religion
>>
>>43842965
I'm not saying the SW didn't fuck up but magnus and his legion aren't the good guys either, if it weren't for their self righteous stupidity there wouldn't be need for the Emperor to remain on the golden throne at all times, they are the reason everything is shit, they gave the triumph card to Horus when they tore a new eye of terror on earth and condemned the only guy that could have stopped everything if only he didn't need to remain sit on the throne, perhaps Horus wasn't so stupid because he knew the thousands sons fuck everything the best way he could and then prevent them from actually had a chance to redeem themselves by changing the orders from capture to kill magnus.
>>
>>43842965
>>43843069
What I mean to say is, what did you expected? You did what you weren't supposed to do and give the upper hand to the traitors giving them the chance to destroy two legions because surprise no one asside magnus and perhaps Malcador knew Horus went traitor so Horus as the voice of the Emperor had the authority to make the call, and this is on the supposition the Emperor send a message to Russ and it didn't came through Horus.
>>
File: Fagnus.jpg (144 KB, 750x663) Image search: [Google]
Fagnus.jpg
144 KB, 750x663
How dumb are you fucking people? The Emperor and Horus didn't send Russ conflicting orders, the Emperor ordered Horus to order Russ to arrest Fagnus, and Horus altered those orders. It's call the fucking chain of command
>>
Random question, weren't there Custodes with Russ? Wouldnt they understand the difference in orders between the Emperor's and Horus'?

Did nobody ask them anything?
>>
>>43843888
Actually Constantin Valdor was with him, he wanted Magnus dead.
>>
>>43843999
So did he knowingly agree to change the orders and betray the emperor with Horus? Seems like if anyone would know the orders were "catch, not kill" it would be him.
>>
>>43844026
Horus blocked the communication between them and big E eafter he changed the orders, and there was the precedent of nikea, to prevent more problems between the legions the logical course of action was to follow those guide lines.
>>
>>43842277
I'm still pissed off over that. Perpetuals are stupid, there's no such thing as a star gate, and Ollanius was a regular chuckle fuck guardsmen.
>>
>>43842982
Drama queen? You try having your life's work fucking obliterated and the object of your utmost affection tell you that you are an absolute failure among your brothers, while lording the brother you rival most above you.

I don't understand how every second person on this website can hate Lorgar for being one of the most human primarchs. He was absolutely devastated, and was offered nothing in the way of comfort or consolation by a being that was supposed to be his father. He, like many of the primarchs, made a mistake during the heresy. His mistake was in trusting those who he believed were closest to him and had his best interests in mind.

If you want to blame anyone for Lorgar's fall, blame the Emperor, for not seeing the taint already within Kor Phaeron and Erebus. But no, go ahead and spout your ignorant "lorgar weekest primarch lol" meme. Despite the fact that he was one of the few primarchs who was able to convince whole worlds to join the Imperium through simple oratory. Despite the fact that he wrote the very religion that has seen the Imperium endure for 10,000 years. Despite the fact that he was one of the few primarchs who had absolutely no desire to lead armies or make war.

Regardless, Lorgar won in the end. The Emperor lies immobile, the Imperium brought low, and Chaos' ultimate victory made a reality. I don't think that he has been locked away on Sicarus for 10,000 years doing nothing, I think he's been in his room laughing long and hard at the mess the Imperium had become, and feeling damn good about getting vengeance for Monarchia. The Perfect City's price has been paid over too many times to count.

Lastly, this "weak" primarch is responsible for the deaths and absences of almost all of the loyalist primarchs, and the Emperor's current state. I'll say it again, so that you may properly understand: Lorgar won.
>>
(sigh) pass the popcorn Russ
>>
>>43847831
It's OK Magnus, you did your best.
>>
>>43839368
It has not been easy for Russ, it has not been easy. He grew up on Fenris, the Allfather gave him a small loan of a million space marines...
>>
>>43836985

You say that, but the same Primarch that he fought got the a massive daemonic power boost... Then got his ass handed to him by a Dreadnought...
>>
File: 1442239448294.png (73 KB, 941x557) Image search: [Google]
1442239448294.png
73 KB, 941x557
>>43841823

In Visions of Heresy, the Emperor gets his ass handed to him by Horus as a result of being unable to bring his full power to bear. After Horus kills Pius, the Emperor finds the strength to kill him, even after the Chaos god abandon Horus and he realizes everything he has done and begs to Emperor to kill him because the Chaos gods are coming back.

>>43844287

It's funny how every single fucking Eldar having the ability to reincarnate before the Fall is fine, but it's suddenly bullshit when a handful of humans can do it.

The original never made sense with how things involved and so GW took the step necessary to make it fit some form of logic and pander to the fans, but of course this wasn't good enough.
>>
>>43846571
>muh nigga
Do you main word bearers too? Or is it just me?
>>
>>43842600
Yeah, Magnus loved his Sons so much he sat on his fat ass while they got raped by the SW, the decided after most were dead and Ahriman told him he was a fat pussy, to get up and start fighting back in a half hearted beta way.

Magnus was a bigger pussy than Lorgar was. Lorgar was weak, but at least he had a pair of balls.
>>
>>43850557
He just placed his father above his legion. And knew Tzeentch put him up. In doing nothing he gave Tzeentch the finger.
>>
>>43850515
Eldar loses that ability because Slaanesh becomes the dominant Eldar god.
>>
>>43850515
>It's funny how every single fucking Eldar having the ability to reincarnate before the Fall is fine, but it's suddenly bullshit when a handful of humans can do it.

For the record, Eldar do not naturally reincarnate like the Perpetuals or Shamans. They used technological means to reincarnate.
>>
>>43850913

That is what I said.

>>43850936

Care to name it? The 6th Edition codex says nothing about them making use of technology to reincarnate.
>>
>>43850966
It's from the novel "Asurman : Hand of Asuryan".

The pre-fall Eldar have a natural life span of a hundreds of cycles. They can extend it via technology many folds. When they reach their limit they use a technology device called "spirit trees" to rebirth them.

The hero the novel disdained those technologies and was determined to live out his life span naturally,
>>
>>43850520
Not that guy, I main a word bearers custom chapter I call the Impalers. They left the warbands on sicarus because they want lorgar to wake up and assume control of abbadons forces, and dont want to obey his orders in the mean time.
>>
>>43839145
Man those boltguns look fucking awful.

The one in the middle almost looks like a stormbolter.
>>
>>43846571
>Drama queen? You try having your life's work fucking obliterated and the object of your utmost affection tell you that you are an absolute failure among your brothers, while lording the brother you rival most above you.
His life work was shit and a direct affront to the Emperor's final stage for humanity, it was the equivalent of painting a red spot on a blue wall because you thought it looks good

>I don't understand how every second person on this website can hate Lorgar for being one of the most human primarchs.
He wasn't made to be human, he and his legion were made to be the perfect warrior and the example of human bellicosity.

>He was absolutely devastated, and was offered nothing in the way of comfort or consolation by a being that was supposed to be his father. He, like many of the primarchs, made a mistake during the heresy. His mistake was in trusting those who he believed were closest to him and had his best interests in mind.
He was a full grow up man not a child, he did all this against his father will, and everything he did was against what he was told to do as a commander and leader.

>If you want to blame anyone for Lorgar's fall, blame the Emperor, for not seeing the taint already within Kor Phaeron and Erebus.
They were primarchs, they had the will to resist chaos, but he willingly gave up because of his selfinesh, weakness of character and spirit, he wasn't just weak physically he was an utter failure as a post human.

>Lastly, this "weak" primarch is responsible for the deaths and absences of almost all of the loyalist primarchs, and the Emperor's current state. I'll say it again, so that you may properly understand: Lorgar won.
And even with all this achievements the Imperium endures while lorgar's sons roth and struggle against the loyalist cowering in fear, besieged and broken on the maelstrom, all this while being look down by the rest of the warbands on the eye of terror.
>>
>>43836985
He would probably lose against both the Twins though.
>>
>>43838339
>the primarch that learned he was rused by Horus into destroying the thousand sons and never mentioned it towards the Emperor and never tried to apologize for his mistakes.
>>
>>43842559
But not to the world of a brother primarch.
>>
>>43846571
>Regardless, Lorgar won in the end.

Actually, he won even twice:

Chaos is winning in the end some day in the future.
But also the Imperium is only surviving for all those years because they adapted Lorgars religion which proves his concept of "perfect worlds" right.
>>
>>43846571
After unlocking his whole potential in "Aurelius" he is one of the strongest primarchs. He did beat the fucking avatar of khorne in single combat while being inside the warp.
>>
>>43851431
>He wasn't made to be human

But he was made human!
Is it Lorgars fault that the Emperor sucks at making primarchs?
>>
>>43836985
>Magnus holding back may may
Magnus went all in, seing his legion being destroyed. His Legion needed SoS and Custodes to destroy TS, but Magnus was not holding back.
>>
>>43851710

Beating An'ggrath is a better feat, technically the Avatar was not in the greatest of shape.
>>
>>43846571
>I don't think that he has been locked away on Sicarus for 10,000 years doing nothing, I think he's been in his room laughing long and hard at the mess the Imperium had become

Now im just imagining lorgar waking up in the morning wearing robes and bunny shoes, going to his kitchen to make some chaos toast and heri-tea humming. Then sitting in his comfy chaos couch and smiling as he reads the newspapers' front page. "Imperiums biggest fuck-ups".
>>
>>43850557
He could have fought back with his legion at full capacity and fuck up the wolves or not lower Prosperos' defenses and send his fleet away. If he had done that both Wolve's and Sons would've been decimated and all Horus had to do was mop up the remaining forces.

So Magnus sat back, clenching his teeth. Knowing that he needs to sacrifice his legion so that the Imperium would only lose one loyal legion.
>>
>>43850557
Magnus deserves all the shit he gets and more for being responsibile for fucking up one of the best Legions. And worst thing is, it was his own legon.
>>
Why are there so many people in this thread not blaming the emperor. He expected his sons to act above human, yet he forgot that most of them grew up raised and mired in humanity.

He kept secrets from the primarchs and told them to "shut the fuck up" when he was asked why.

Tried to starve chaos gods. The amalgamation of the collective stirring emotions of all the beings in the universe.
>>
>>43851658
god emprah they must be fucking sexy together

and pirates to, mmmmm
>>
I hate these threads! Why can't we blame the true villain in all of this?

Black library!
Before they fucked things up to make space wolves mary sues, the wolves were just a viking legion with werewolves. Now theyve become the abomination we loathe today.

Also fuck the sw fans for being such cunts... everybody knows their favourite primarchs were dicks/autistic/both but do they make threads about it?
>>
>>43852092
I don't like HH wolves with their "executioner" theme, but that is way better than GW 40k Wolfy Wolf McWolfsson of the fang-tooth-jaw clan
>>
>>43852113
this.

Both versions of the SW are shit though.
>>
>people actually blame Lorgar, Magnus, Russ, and Angron for what they did instead of just blaming the Emperor
The Emperor was stupid. Really, really stupid.
>>
File: Ultra.jpg (34 KB, 331x452) Image search: [Google]
Ultra.jpg
34 KB, 331x452
Only the Ultramarines are good.
They do not follow the Emperor mindlessly, nor do they succumb to nihilism or darkness.
They truly believe in the greatness of humanity and are loyal to the dream.
>>
>>43852629
The Emperor's biggest flaw is that he believes in the perfection of humanity but lost his own.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.