[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Party finally faces off against the anti-christ. >He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: 1440868603941.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1440868603941.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>Party finally faces off against the anti-christ.
>He's a typical weaboo/fedora tipper that can't fight worth shit.
How do you play this for laughs?
>>
File: Fedoragram.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Fedoragram.jpg
251 KB, 2048x1536
>>43835105
>>
I don't, I play for keeps. Bitch.
>>
>>43835105
Is there a way to play this not for laughs?
>>
Two words: Evangelion Fanboy
>>
What kind of skills can you give somebody that makes them very difficulty to beat, but in a way that makes people not realize how much trouble they're having? Like, the players will be fooled into thinking stuff like "okay, that was just luck, the next move will finish this."
>>
>>43835546
>always ranting about 2deep4u philosophy that's barely even Wikipedia article grade
>certain attacks strangely never seem focused on any female characters, others definitely focused on them specifically
>>
>>43835105

He gets godlike strength whenever he flies into an autistic rage.

Your party has to somehow talk him down from starting a chain of apocalyptic events without triggering his autism.
>>
>>43835105
He has a statline that you'd think would make him a good Wizard, but he dropped out of Wizard College because he wanted to spend more time reading comic books and arguing with his dorm-mate about the amazing multi-layered characterisation arcs in Boku no Pico.
>>
>>43835659
Having female characters in the party makes the skill checks easier to calm him down, unless they do so much as look at another male PC or NPC, in which case the checks become far harder because now he won't stop screaming something about a "friend zone".
>>
>>43835105
Give him a +4 Vorpal Long Sword, give him the ability to blink closer to enemies every 1d4+1 round, give him throwing knives, give him gloves that increases his BAB and give the hat the ability to make the wearer have a +5 insight bonus to will saves due to its euphoric nature against divine magic. Also, give him leather armor that gives him a +10 to his movement per turn

That's gonna make your edgelord actually decently threatening AS WELL as give decent rewards for killing him, except the fact that all the items are teeth grindly cringy as fuck
>>
>>43835730
>+4 Vorpal Long Sword
>not a Masterwork Bastard Sword
>>
>>43835583
Make the bad guy repeatedly run away to heal himself. It makes him look comical and weak, but it actually makes him very dangerous. It's a tactic that also matches the character.
>>
>>43835742
I think Dai-Katanas are bastard swords, I think. I'm just talking about a one-handed katana
>>
>>43835756
>Running away to heal makes him look like a pansy.
You talking shit about "ONE IN THE PIPE" Patriarch here?
>>
>>43835756
This. Grief the fuck out of the characters. Also have him throw clearly devoted but not actually asshole characters at the party, with him playing up how dangerous and bloodthirsty they are.

Like, maybe he has a childhood friend who's pissed at you for picking on someone weaker, demanding that you have to give him a fair fight.

Do this after they get through a shit-ton of traps and shit that he set-up to try and make it an unfair fight.
>>
>>43835730
OH, and he HAS to be a Ur-priest too for extra cringe

All his items have a property that they cannot use their abilities if the wielder has a faith
>>
>>43835730
>except the fact that all the items are teeth grindly cringy as fuck
Oh god I can see it already
>>
>>43835756

This is actually hilarious.
>>
>>43835768
In the nonsensical parlance of D&D, a katana is a masterwork bastard sword, despite being about the same length as a "longsword" which is actually an arming sword.

Don't worry about it.
>>
File: Shane the villain.png (477 KB, 1185x2294) Image search: [Google]
Shane the villain.png
477 KB, 1185x2294
>>43835756

My god, I didn't think it was possible, but imagining Shane as a fedora-wearing weeaboo somehow makes him even more infuriating.
>>
>>43835768
As I recall in D&D3.5, a Katana has the same stats as a Masterwork Bastard Sword or at least very close.
>>
He has no offensive attacks, but devestating counter-hits. His tactic is to goad adventurers into attacking him and wrecking their shit.

The only way to beat him is to walk away.
>>
>>43835841
>Think you've finally defeated Shane
>It was a hologram
>>
>>43835913
Oh, he could have a magic amulet of epic bants that players have to will save not to attack him
>>
>>43835945

>Against all odds, you back Shane into a corner and kill him.
>It turns out it was actually another guy fleshwarped into a perfect likeness of Shane with memories modified to make him functionally identical to the real thing.
>>
>>43835730
>Shorts of Cargo Capacity
>Overcoat of the Trenches +2
>Gloves of the Fingerless
>Fedora of Well Actually
>>
>>43835841
I wonder if it's possible to make Shane in Better Angels.
>>
>>43835977
My DM made a Shane in Shadowrun for comedic purposes, so sure. Knock yourself out.
>>
>>43835971
>Cringe of Crawling Skin
>>
>>43835913
He goesaid into a rage and screams, "RRREEEEEEEEE" when he makes his counterhits. He is insecure about his combat prowess, and gets enraged and defensive when he worries that his opponent is more skilled and getting the best of him. He has been bullied in the past and now lashes out at any perceived slight. His rage is Adam Sandler-esque. He hates people who he thinks are better than he is. He especially hates parties of adventurers because he envies the friendship they share.
>>
>>43835971
He just uses a shit-ton of gadgets like Batman.

Huh, actually lots of versions of Batman fit this trope nicely indeed.
>>
>>43836040
>It looks like it was once a reasonably well-crafted tabard, but years of negligence and poor cleaning practices have stained it in semi-random locations. It is emblazoned with the emblem of a traveling bard troupe from several seasons past.
>>
Fedorachrist has shitty stats, but OP active abilities. Such as the *teleports behind you* or *unsheaths katana*.
>>
>>43835115
That's a jewish Star of David. Not even remotely Satanic.
>>
>>43837541
ALSO IT LIST OF THINGS THAT REALLY SHOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED SATANIC: The upside down cross is actually the symbol of St. Peter, Jesus' disciple and the first pope of the church. He was crucified upside down and so that became his symbol. A couple short stories and exorcist movies showed a cross being flipped upside down by a ghost to try and symbolize Satan and it caught on with uneducated, edgy Satanists, both theistic and atheistic.
>>
File: is dis nigga srs.jpg (62 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
is dis nigga srs.jpg
62 KB, 480x336
>>43837541
>That's a jewish Star of David

>five points
>not six

are you even serious
>>
>>43837714
Oops, my bad.

Fun fact though, the pentagram was for a while in Catholic mythology known as the Star of Solomon and was supposedly the key to unlocking his treasures. It was also used to represent health in the cult of philosopher Pythagoras in Greece. These are both unrelated to the occultic uses which stem from Sumerian mythology.
>>
File: 1282072136939.jpg (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1282072136939.jpg
52 KB, 250x250
>>43835105

This sounds like the worst setup since the discovery of bad writing.
>>
>>43837541
Mother fucker are you blind? The Star of David has six points.
>>
>>43837541
>jewish symbol
>not satanic
nice try Chaim
>>
>>43835105
>How do you play this for laughs?

You can't play this not for laughs. But you can try. Have you considered making him an SJW? Someone who throws out wild and vicious allegations that people are *-ist whenever he disagrees with them, or finds their subculture distasteful, or just wants to kill time.

Nobody really likes him, but he has the magical power to make all his beliefs sound like they're totally inevitable and what Everybody Believes, even if nobody in particular agrees with him. He can make other opinions and people seem crazy and embarrassing, even if nobody can actually articulate why that should be so.

As an action, he can call you a racist, which immediately gives you a -8 social stigma (or whatever modifier is huge in whatever game you play). Nobody will attack you, but nobody will want to be seen doing business with you, associating with your, or being friends with you. The stigma is contagious, so if your friends and allies don't immediately abandon you, then they become Racists, too. This applies even if they're a minority themselves, in which case the nastiest possible racist allegations are unironically leveled against them.

He can also issue a Pass. This is where someone says or does something that's a major blatant transgression of the local morality, but the public magically ignores it or laughs it off. A serial rapist could become a beloved champion of women's issues, or a former Exalted Cyclops of the KKK could be elected President of the Senate, and people would just say "well, that's different!". A gang of thugs could attack a black man, throw him to the ground, beat him until he's crippled, and shout racial epithets at him the whole time, and thanks to SJW's powers, the VICTIM will be considered the dangerous racist while the attackers did nothing wrong.

This boss operates through his large network of minions. He loves police states and theocracies, because he's immune to their rules and regulations but everyone else isn't.
>>
>>43837541
Why would it not be satanic? Many satanists claim it is and I guess they would know since a mythology is basically defined by the people believing in it.
It's an incredibly simple symbol, much like a cross, the odds of it being used by only one philosophy or mythology are incredibly low.
>>
>>43838707

You can obviously modify this easily to whatever other ideology and hypocritical enforcers you want.

In the Age of Discovery, many of the Conquistadores were psychopathic murderers, rapists, and pirates. But they somehow got a pass and were called "heroes of the faith" at the time. The Jesuits could bless them as upstanding Christians, while at the same time condemning peasants to torture for their minor "sins". Not to mention the Inquisition, where innocent Christians were dragged out of their homes, tortured, and them and their children burned to death because they were the children of Jews who'd converted to Christianity.

In the modern era, you have ISIS / al Qaeda. "Champions of True Islam" whose sect only appeared about 60 years ago. In their world, violence, rape, and murder of fellow muslims is wildly applauded. They send their most faithful adherents to kill themselves. This despite the fact that all of this is strictly forbidden by Islamic law.

Basically, any time you can find a circle of fanatical idealists that gets enough momentum, their fanaticism eventually gets detached from day-to-day adherence to their actual beliefs. They compensate by turning up the incendiary rhetoric and trying to bluster their way through.

It's also nasty for a typical RPG group because the BBEG will never confront them in combat, and no matter how virtuous they are, the PC's will always become enemies of the state who every right-thinking person agrees is a Very Bad Person. I've seen tough guys who would throw their lives away to save an innocent person, who sit back and let those innocent people be harmed, raped, murdered-- because while they're not afraid of being hurt or killed, they ARE afraid of being shamed or publicly humiliated.
>>
File: 45XKX7i.png (512 KB, 1920x1600) Image search: [Google]
45XKX7i.png
512 KB, 1920x1600
>>43835105
Make all his attacks based on some logical fallacy.
>>
>>43838736

A) it's a five pointed star, so it's not a star of david.

B) The pentagram is a very old symbol of CHRISTIANITY.

BUT

C) it's also a symbol of satanism.

The swastika is a symbol used in hinduism, and also the symbol of the nazis. The burning cross the the symbol of the KKK, but it's also the symbol of the presbyterians (and before that, an ancient scottish war ritual). The four leaf clover was a symbol of ireland and good fortune, before it became Neckbeards Anonymous.

Symbols can have many contradictory meanings even when those meanings share common origins.
>>
>>43838751
One question: would a person too autistic to care about being shamed or humiliated in the cause of doing the right thing be a decent opponent for this type of BBEG?
>>
>>43838794
That's pretty much exactly what I meant when I said that the odds of a simple symbol being exclusively used by a single group are incredibly low.
>>
>>43838817
Probably not, they'd just be labeled "heartlessly cruel" for not seeing the bad guy's Obvious Truth.

Unless they were actually autistic, then they'd be on the side of his illusionary hug box.
>>
>>43838751
>Inquisition
How many did they kill actually? Most of their life sentences were released early, there were people who recanted, etc.
>>
>>43838889
Over the hundreds of years the office was active (it still actually exists)? Very few. The Spanish Inquisition has a much higher body count but it was a mostly political tool with a thin veneer of piety.
>>
>>43838907
I wonder how different Monty Python would be if they put "Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition!" and the Inquisitors gave them a thirty days notice.
>>
>>43838867
So how can he beaten? Is there a way to turn his own powers against him? Like, does his Ray of Racism reflect off of mirrors?
>>
>>43835105
You again, OP? Wasn't one thread enough?
>>
>>43838817

Quite possibly! But remember that these powers aren't just about you feeling bad. It's also about the fact that the magic item broker won't sell you stuff or buy your loot. The local rulers turn out the city guard to hunt you down. Innkeepers won't give you a room. Your cohorts and minions abandon you. Perky young adventurers see YOU as the bbeg and constantly harry you and try to foil your evil plots.

As a GM, having a player say "I just don't care what other people think" should be acceptable, but your job is to make them realize how much they really SHOULD care.
>>
File: Fedora the Tipping.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fedora the Tipping.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'd recommend this, but that would mean that the BBEG wouldn't be the only fedora in the equation.
>>
>>43838889

Estimates vary. The old estimates were in the millions (which is totally plausible in Spain-- remember this was a muslim land that had been conquered and converted to Christianity and no doubt there was a lot of popular resistance). The numbers in wikipedia are in the thousands, based on modern reviews of records and other evidence.

>>43838907
>it was a mostly political tool with a thin veneer of piety.

Yeah but this is a defining characteristic of this villain concept. They kind of have to be raging hypocrites.

Which goes back to my SJW-as-BBEG concept. That's ALWAYS how it is: opportunists using a cause as a horse to ride to personal power, and chance to act our their worst, most evil impulses. They try to bluster their way through with shrill declarations of fanaticism and accusations that everyone who disagrees with them is (racist/heretic/infidel/reactionary). It distracts and makes people afraid to call them on the obvious truth that they're the least faithful of all.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.