[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1423144256572.jpg (296 KB, 1430x1300) Image search: [Google]
1423144256572.jpg
296 KB, 1430x1300
>All official WotC content here (now including the SCAG)
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Tools for 5e, other stuff, miscellaneous homebrews
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Map:
https://mega.nz/#!CowGWLKT!yiwaLeoLWcsV4d8uY5DmqsmPxTw3ZIdpz8xAzaYkQ5II

> November's Unearthed Arcana:
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf

>November's Sage Advice
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/rules-answers-november-2015

What weapons does your fighter bring when he goes to battle?
>>
>>43831031
>What weapons does your fighter bring when he goes to battle?

Sass.
>>
Pally> sword, shield
Fighter> polearm of some kind
Barbarian> dual axe
>>
File: outrageous.jpg (74 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
outrageous.jpg
74 KB, 800x900
>>43831181
>>
>>43831901
Taric is on suicide watch after Jem and the Holograms ate shit.
>>
Help, we are playing out of the abyss and I heard about waifublade so I read ahead to see where she is located. I did this so that I had an advantage over these two actual retarded players that play with us. We just played tonight and we finished off by getting to the room with the four sarcophagus, I'm aware you have to move one in order to find waifu blade but my DM already suspects me of reading ahead, how do I go about this without letting him know? I don't want to see waifublade end up in the hands of the 2 retards that play with us (they can't figure how to play and my DM can't refuse them)
>>
>>43831961
Oh christ not this shit again.
>>
>>43831031
Whatever, or whoever, he can grab.
>>
>>43831999
Dafuq is waifublade? My DM won't touch modules. (Checked.)
>>
>>43832063
Sentient sword in one of the modules that's female, lonely, and very clingy.
We get retards like >>43831961 pretty regularly that get fucking obsessed with this pregenerated NPC to the point of metagaming or killing party members purely so they can carry it around and have their DM pretend to be a lonely woman sword for them.
>>
>>43831961
>Be barb
>Find sunblade
>She doesn't shut up and shines too much
>Throw it away
>Paladin dude finds a new gf
Where the fuck are the greataxes?!
>>
>>43832063
A sentient sunblade (with longsword stats) from the Out of the Abyss module. It was abandoned in the Abyss and is now pretty fearful of the dark and doesn't like being covered up or not having it's glowing blade turned on when you're in the dark. The main thing is that it has a neutral good alignment with, "kind and compassionate to those in need, but fierce and destructive to its enemies."

It's the first real sentient weapon in 5e that won't try to corrupt you, plus it's a pretty good magic item, AND it's voice is a kind and feminine one. Hence waifublade.
>>
>>43832095
>>43832105
I don't know about you guys but I'm a druid and literally threatened horrible things until party eventually gave waifublade to me. You don't fuck with a mans waifu.
>>
>>43832177
Sorry, I said Abyss but meant the Underdark.
>>
File: bladekin.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bladekin.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>43832095
Fuck that, I don't wanna see any trans-forged in my campaign.
>>
File: 1447968223262.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447968223262.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
Just had first session in our campaign and I'm already sure this is going to be horrible. One of my fellow players showed up and was like

>I'm playing a Paladin
>Guys let's try and keep the chaotic nonsense to a minimum okay?
>>
>>43831031
My CC cleric uses a Flanged mace while rooting out and exterminating undead, all day erry day. The dwarf fighter rocks a greatsword but can't roll for shit.
>>
>>43832328
What's the problem chaotic scum?
>>
I'm making a sort of monster hunter fighter. I dunno which I like better, going sword and board and using dueling or using a greatsword and using the greatsword fighting style. What do you think, /5eg/?
>>
>>43832467
They're both good for different reasons.
The choice is yours.
>>
Is it possible to be a one-weapon ranger?
Or is the spell and skill list too focused on two weapon fighting and bows to be worth a damn?
Because frankly I wanna play up the "Bastion between civilization and the wilderness" by being a sort of dude who goes through the wilds with something that doubles as a proper tool: An axe.
>>
>>43832528
Dual wield axes.
>>
>>43832528
Battle axes aren't tools. Their blades are thin and much lighter, meant for cutting into men, not wood. If you tried to use a battle axe to chop wood, you'd ruin the axe. Woodcutting axes are very different, and make poor weapons.
>>
>>43832596
Are there decent one weapon builds for rangers, though?
I like the minor mix of magic you can fluff as just feats of survivalist know-how and animal handling that a Melee ranger has, but not exactly a big fan of "Gotta DOOL WEELD to be effective"
Especially because every fucking pathfinder game I played I was belittled for doing anything that wasn't two-weapon fighting as a martial.
>>
Two part question:
Can my 6th level Dwarf (Moon) Druid cast Conjure Animals, maintain the concentration while wild shaped into a similar creature, and fight in tandem with my new animal friends?

Also, if the above combo DOES work...what's the best combo?

2 x Dire Wolves + Giant Elk?
2 x Lions + Saber-tooth Tiger?
Double Rhino?
etc. etc.
>>
>>43832467
Does the Dueling fighting style work with a shield? I know it's not a weapon and the wording just says "a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons" but I was under the impression it was meant for fencer types.
>>
>>43832897
Yeh it works with a shield.
>>
>>43832897
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2014/09/02/duelist-fighter/
>>
>>43831961
Just get all the PCs to check the room and one of them will find the mechanism. There's a combat encounter before you get it IIRC so all that really matters is that you get to the invisible chest before any of the other tards
>>
>>43832907
>>43832919
Well shit, that's pretty rad.
>>
My group is about to start a 5e game, and I want to run a heavy armor based character. What are some good things to keep in mind when building on this concept? Second, I come from the sad life of a martial player in 3.5, does 5e actually make it worth playing? Or is it like pathfinder where everyone says they "fixed" it and it turns out it did nothing?
>>
>>43832737
From the PhB:
"You can't cast spells..." "Transforming doesn't
break your concentration on a spell you've already
cast"

As a 6th level druid you only have 3rd level spells so you should only be able to make two 1st lvl beasts. IMO I always liked brown bears. High damage output, low-AC ftw
>>
>>43833021
5E martials are fairly solid.
Best bet is probably Battlemaster Fighter.
>>
>>43833021
When you wear heavy armor, your AC is not penalized for having a negative Dexterity modifier. So if you wear chain mail (AC 16) and have 8 Dexterity (-1), then your AC is still 16.
>>
>>43833021
Your two heavy armor users are paladins and fighters.

Boost strength and forget about dex.

Go greatsword or maul if you want high damage output or shield + longsword if you want to tank the early game all to hell. 18 AC starting is *very* significant.
>>
>>43833034
Conjure Animals
3rd-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet

Components: V, S

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You summon fey spirits that take the form of beasts and appear in unoccupied spaces that you can see within range. Choose one of the following options for what appears:

One beast of challenge rating 2 or lower
Two beasts of challenge rating 1 or lower
Four beasts of challenge rating 1/2 or lower
Eight beasts of challenge rating 1/4 or lower
Each beast is also considered fey, and it disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell ends.

Actually, I'm thinking 8 elk or 2 Giant Eagles are the way to go...Or 8 Giant Centipedes and play the numbers game for paralyzing folks.
>>
File: 5eb72f997f615fde1e78cf39ad4426ce.jpg (621 KB, 1200x1553) Image search: [Google]
5eb72f997f615fde1e78cf39ad4426ce.jpg
621 KB, 1200x1553
What's everyone's opinion on the Warlock's Pact of the Chain?

My DM's getting kind of annoyed. Pretty much I have my familiar always as a Quasit, which can: be invisible, fly, swim, and climb, all at 40ft, and I can percieve out of it. Feels like I can catch anything trying to get away as well as being able to find anything that's far away.

Seems broken at 3rd level.
>>
>>43833179
>What's everyone's opinion on the Warlock's Pact of the Chain?
With the Chains of Carceri invocation, you can break a campaign into tiny pieces. Not through combat, but through the ability to effectively be in two places at once as long as they're on the same plane of existence, and one of those places you have at-will invisibility and are strong enough to kill most commoners. It's one of the strongest social utility abilities in the game.

In combat it doesn't scale that well, since you're usually better using EB and having it use the Help action like a normal familiar. The invisibility makes it even more viable for that.
>>
>>43833154
That's fuckin great actually haha. Summon 8 Giant Centipedes and shape shift into the Centi-god haha.

I think the centipedes would be better anyways, though. If they poison their target it can be pretty nuts.
>>
>>43833154
>>43833271
Reminder that you don't get to choose which beasts appear, just the option of how many of which CR you want.

The DM decides which specific creatures show up.
>>
What are some cool ways to refluff a shield? I was thinking a blunt parrying dagger or a particularly well-armored bracer.
>>
>>43833302
Damn. Slight oversight. Thanks for the heads up. Still stand by 8 CR 1/4 though. Hordes can be nasty.
>>
>>43833302
>Reminder that you don't get to choose which beasts appear, just the option of how many of which CR you want.

Interesting....where's that at?
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm a new player, recently hit level three and I go to a game shop every wednesday, everything was going pretty good, until it got really good. I somehow managed to get waifublade, I'm a LG Fighter/Champion/Tank kinda guy, or the frontlines, is the Dawnbringer a perfect weapon for me, or should I give it to someone like the Barbarians? We have 2, but one already has a magical mace, the only important detail is that I'm the only one that uses Long Swords, and everyone seems cool enough for me to take it, but the power of the waifublade is pretty overwhelming for a newbie like me.
>>
>>43833356
Parrying dagger would fall distinctly under two-weapon fighting, blunt or not.

For suggestions, depends on how Magitech your campaign is, or how science based your character is.
One idea a party member of mine had was a gauntlet mounted electromagnetic pulse creator that simply repelled shit. He charged it with a chance of failure using actual lightning, which our dickass wizard was more than happy to spew.
>>
I just started a new game at level 3. I decided to make a bladelock, however the house rule is that feats aren't allowed (basically because a couple of our players are munchkin shitheads who would abuse them). So instead of aiming for the typical fighter/warlock build that relies heavily on feats I have decided to go rogue/warlock. Right now I have a rogue 1/warlock 2 (Undying Light patron) and it is working out even better than I expected. With backstab and hex I am doing 1d8+2d6+3 with my main hand, 2d6 with my off hand, and an additional 6 damage to a secondary target if I use green-flame blade. After I get to level 6 I plan to pick up Thirsting Blade for an additional attack, then pick up another couple rogue levels to get swashbuckler for some more mobility, better backstab damage, and the ability to backstab without an ally nearby. Then I'll sink more levels into warlock until I can pick up Lifedrinker.

So, the question is: what else can I do? Since I don't have feats available what spells or items should I be looking out for to keep the pain train rolling?
>>
>>43833446
Spell description
>>
>>43832328
>>43832328
Fuck that, ATM, I'm playing an Avenger Paladin, and getting away with as much chaotic shit as anyone else in the party.

As long as you don't violate the code, you can do WTF you want.

If not, work with the rest of the party to IC use him as a Trap disarmer, or meat-shield.
>>
>>43832328
Personally I agree with him. I'm all for some light-hearted fun, but it really bothers me when everything just turns into slapstick BS or random violence.

"A halfling bard is in the tavern? A halfling once made fun of me. I roll to attack."

"Githyanki pirates demand that we throw down arms and come along as slaves on pain of death? I roll to seduce."

"The shop keeper is gracious enough to give us a discount for assisting him? My rogue tries to pickpocket him."

I swear, it makes my fucking head spin.
>>
>>43833512
>Your DM is a Dick for banning feats instead of having their OP character's attract unwanted attention of bigger fish.

I'd look at Unearthed Arcana's Arcane Gunslinger Evocation if you wanted to do the Backstab+Hex AT RANGE!
>>
>>43833592
>The DM has the creatures' statistics.

That's the only reference to the DM in the spell description. To me, that doesn't imply the DM chooses what creatures appear.

>Choose one of the following options for what appears:

That part does however.
>>
>>43833718
Which UA edition is that in? I've never seen it before.
>>
>>43833720
so.... Spell Description? I think the part where it doesn't say "Choose a Beast of CR 2 or lower, or 2 Beasts of CR 1 or lower," is what implies the DM chooses.

Honestly, if its unclear, the DM decides anyways. I personally let the player choose. It's easier that way. If you are gonna slow down combat by being 9 players at once, you figure out the stats.
>>
>>43833446
>>43833720
>>43833772
Also Sage Advice (the official articles, not the Twitter aggregate).

http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/SA_Compendium.pdf

Ctrl+F "conjure"
>>
>>43833752

>>43833752 Search Results

Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic

I have shitloads of fun with a blunderbus: sneak attack only requires another party member to be within 5 ft of the enemy, and you can shoot repeatedly (no need to even buy ammo!)

If you can, try an assault rifle for the win!

6 levels rogue, rest warlock.
>>
>>43833772
>>43833807

>A spellcaster can certainly express a preference for what creatures shows up, but it’s up to the DM to determine if they do. The DM will often choose creatures that are appropriate for the campaign and that will be fun to introduce in a scene.
>>
>>43833021
The balance in 5e is very good. The worst it gets is that specific archetypes of classes are fairly weak, but their other archetypes are solid (i.e. Blade Warlocks or Beast Master Rangers, etc.).
>>
>>43834327
>Kike devs
Fuck off, Virt, you were banned ages ago.
>>
>>43834215
even then blade warlocks aren't as bad as people think, they just are SLIGHTLY worse off than their counterparts.

also, threadly reminder not to talk to tripfags.
>>
>>43834327

Go to bed virt, you're drunk.
>>
>>43831031
Since the implemantation of our GM's alternative weapon damage system (with which blunt heavy weapons for intance have a permanent -1 to hit adv. against heavy armour and high AC/low DEX monsters), several. Usually he assess the situation and then brings only one or two for the mission.

He owns a berdysh, a polaxe, a banded heavy warclub, a bollock dagger for backup, two pikes, a demilance, a trident and eight javelin.
>>
>>43831961
>reading ahead
>calling fellow players retards
>wanting to dupe the DM
>wanting an item so badly you do all of the above

Hmmm. Sounds like your waifublade wouldn't approve, anon.

In all seriousness though, you're being That Guy.
>>
>>43831961
Sunblades disapprove of your behavior. You get fried.
>>
>>43833179
I love it. Pact chain is my personal favorite for flavor and utility, but in certain cases it is a little weak. Mostly in mid level combat and higher.
>>
>>43831031
Haven't had much chance to read SCAG yet, what kind of useful setting info is in it, beyond what I can find in my FRCS3e+PGFR?

What cool stuff does it have? Just looking for the major highlights.

Trying to decide whether or not I want a hard copy, and if I can get some idea what's worth having in it quickly would be a big help.

Currently I mostly use FRCS+PGFR+the three 2e religion books.
>>
File: elminsters_realms_cover.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
elminsters_realms_cover.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>43834846
It's got like every single god and details on the current politics of the major cities, mostly in the form of weird travelogues written in the first person but seldom attributed to anyone in particular. If you really want weird shit that isn't in other books, I recommend Elminster's Forgotten Relams. It was put out between editions, so there are no rules in it. They basically just let Ed Greenwood go off about all the random stuff he likes but they never let him talk about. So you get to learn all the words in Faerun for whores and outhouses, and what Waterdhavian satirical broadsheets have in them, and recipes that call for mythological animals as key ingredients.
>>
File: Marthal Kalithum The Gladiator.jpg (15 KB, 236x303) Image search: [Google]
Marthal Kalithum The Gladiator.jpg
15 KB, 236x303
>>43831031
Currently My fighter owns a magic battleaxe, two handaxes, and a silver flail. I may have him invest in javelins in the future but so far he usually can get into combat his first turn without problem.
>>
>>43831031
A greatsword, a bunch of javelins, and a quarterstaff that my fighter insists is a "double club."
>>
File: only 1 int.png (181 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
only 1 int.png
181 KB, 303x311
>>43831031
A wizard, so I can actually play the game.
>>
>>43834931
I've got Elminster's fr already. Pretty decent book, but not one I reference much. I get more use of of Grand history of the realms and Menzoberranzan, some other between edition books I've picked up.

1st person anecdotes are a negative, not a positive. Sure, it makes for a slightly more interesting read, but it also makes referencing the book way harder.

I figured it would include the current politics. What make interesting things are going on?

How did they handle the unpopularity of 4e Faerun?
>>
>>43835045
Sorry for the shitty editing, just finished a 12 hour workday.
>>
>>43834434
Nah, martial classes may not blow up a room full of enemies in one turn, but they are not shit either. In fact, fighters can deal the most damage in one turn to one enemy hands down at late levels. their damage can keep up well enough with casters too if you set yourself up right.

Overall the balance may naturally lean towards casters but martials can be just as good with the right prep work.
>>
>>43835045
They handled the unpopularity of 4e by retconning everything they could. All the gods who died are back, a lot of the geography that changed (Evermeet going away, Abeir coming back, that big-ass chasm) is now changed back, and they do everything short of saying it never happened.

The bits of local politics I can remember are that the Open Lord of Waterdeep got thrown out for doing some shady dealings where he scrapped Waterdeep's entire navy, turned the ships upside-down, built a floating neighborhood out of them, and bought a new navy while embezzling a lot of the money that changed hands in the whole rigmarole. So he went to Neverwinter and took over there. Also Amn is colonizing part of the Moonshaes and everyone hates it; I think that's new. And the dragonborn who are still there are fighting with the remains of the country they dropped onto.
>>
>>43831031
His fists. I should probably just be playing a Monk at this point but fuck it, as Variant Human I have enough ASI/Feats to make a Monk-lite with a lot of Fighter goodies (sort of).
>>
>>43835031
"HA! who need silly book stuff when one can swing giant axe at enemy?" ;^)
>>
File: 1438604852139.jpg (179 KB, 1280x900) Image search: [Google]
1438604852139.jpg
179 KB, 1280x900
>>43834434
1. No they were not all casters.
2. 5e martials are actually pretty good in single digit levels.
>>43835141
They can if you use the Cleave rules, which really there is no reason you shouldn't.
>>
A khopesh, a shield, a longbow, and a spear, because of reasons.
>>
>>43835205
>5e fighter with the cleave rules
That sounds amazing tbdesu

Like, one on one the fighter is already a cuisinart at high levels.
>>
>>43835205
Wait there are actual cleave rules? Is it in the PHB or the DMG? or are you refering to the cleave ability of GWM?
>>
>>43835226
>>43835245
In the DMG there is a Cleave optional rule. It works like this.

If you kill an enemy with an attack, and there is another enemy within your reach whose AC is low enough he would have also been hit by that attack, any remaining damage past 0 is dealt to the second enemy, and so on. A nova at level 5+ can easily clear out like 5-6 mooks in one swing.

DIVINE SMITE CLEAVE MOTHERFUCKERS.
>>
>>43835275
sounds nice. I had a player wanting to do something like this and since he had the GWM feat I gave him something similar to this. Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>43835275
The DMG rule is specifically that you drop a creature from full to zero in one attack. It's somewhat useful at lower levels, but useless later on.
>>
Should Pact of the Chain's additional familiar options be fully thinking entities that have personality and pros/cons as described in the familiar variants for the creatures in the DMG, or be basic familiars that simply use the creature's stat block?
>>
>>43835334
Depends on what your DM sends at the party. Seems like 5e is the sort of game where you could send a horde of low-CR enemies at a high-level party and it could still be dangerous (and fun).
>>
>>43834931
I loved the first person anecdotes.
It was like reading the old books that got me into the FR in the first place all over again.

I still miss things like Elminster's Ecologies, Volo's Guides, and the old FR core books, that openly stated "Everything in this book is written from a bias'd perspective, make of it what you will."
It helped that Volo openly called a few novels as bullshit fanfiction, and opened the gate to official lore being non-canon.
>>
>>43831948
He's been on suicide watch since the hiatus of SU
>>
>>43832897
Fencing and shields aren't mutually exclusive at all. http://www.thearma.org/essays/SwordandBuckler.htm
>>
>>43835334
>>43835368
>Check DMG

Well thats gay. Still kinda useful against mooks, but I think I'll house rule it and keep doing it how I've been. Carry-over cleaving is a fun rule.
>>43835365
I don't understand the question. I usually do familiars as PC-controlled thinking and speaking entities. I'd let a normal familiar talk if the player asked for it though. I always hated that rule in 3.X

>Get an animal friend
>"Only you can talk to it."

Its like nigga I want a talking owl. Is that so much to ask? Merlin has a talking owl.
>>
>>43835375
They were an interesting read, but I really like the realmcyclopedia style books for GMing. Very useful if I want to look something up.
>>
>>43835394
Yeah, I was talking with a buddy about it and he pointed that out to me, linking exactly the same thing. I'm glad it works out that way, that +2 damage goes a long way in making sword and board better.

>>43835409
I'd houserule it that it didn't have to be max-to-zero in one hit, too.
>>
>>43834533
chainmail chainmail chainmail
fullplate fullplate fullplate
armor is useless now, viva la guns
>>
>>43835177
>Also Amn is colonizing part of the Moonshaes and everyone hates it; I think that's new.
That's 4e, isn't it?
>>
File: 1440437219230.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440437219230.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
If i multiattack as a fighter with magic initiate, can i add booming blade to each hit? Pic related
>>
>>43835520
No. Same answer for Green Flame Blade.
>>
>>43835375
>It helped that Volo openly called a few novels as bullshit fanfiction,
What ones?
>>
>>43835487
technically breastplate

>>43835516
tbdesu, Amn not controlling the middle point between it and its colonies made the place a pirate haven already back in 2e when Maztica came out.
>>
>>43835520
Booming Blade is an action all on its own.

You can use your action to case Booming Blade or Attack. However, you're a fighter. So, Action Surge to do both?
>>
>>43835520
No, because it's an Action to cast the spell, and you make one attack as part of casting the spell. It's entirely separate from using the Attack action.
>>
>>43835434
I suppose we're just opposites in that regard then, as a GM I can't stand the realmcyclopedia stuff.

>>43835536
Honestly, I don't even remember off-hand which ones. Just in one or two Volo's Guides he references a book series that he appears in, and says "That's not at all how it happened, and the embellishment is absurd" or something along those lines.
>>
>>43835569
>a book series
Are you sure it wasn't the Departure, Journey, Arrival module trilogy?
>>
>>43834973
Don't trick me. You're not Spoony.
>>
>>43831031
Could 5e work as a first system to GM in? Or should it be better to just use something rules lite just so I focus on being a not shit GM before having to learn to keep up with crunch?

Honestly, going through the rules, it seems a bit overwhelming even if I know it is supposed to be streamlined. Though I guess that's just having all the rules in my face at once and having not actually played it.
>>
>>43832710
A woodcutting axe is a pretty decent mace tho.
>>
>>43835642
If this is overwhelming you you should definitely stick to rules-lite.
>>
>>43835642
5e is really simple and even if it seems overwhelming while reading through the books, after a couple of sessions it's nothing.
>>
File: top clack.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
top clack.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>43835141
>damage per round still used as a reason a class is good
>15 years after the release of 3aboo

this post is tier 5 with prestige classing at best
>>
>>43834327
Fuck off craig
>>
My DM and I are new to the game and going to start playing in a few weeks.

He's talking about not requiring magic users to prepare spells and instead allowing them to pull from their full spell list. Should I advise against this?
>>
File: 5e rules summary.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
5e rules summary.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43835642
watch some people playing some 5e.
there's a lot of rules in 5e, but that doesn't mean they are always being used. so just get yourself a DM screen or print the attached doc.
The main rules to remember are the combat and how, generally speaking, do checks work and when to do them.
>>
>>43835899
I see how that could simplify things for newer players, I would advise giving the martials a free feat to balance that. Maybe two.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (27 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
27 KB, 320x371
>>43835899
holy shit why would you ever allow this, is this bait

tell him yes and then play a wizard
>>
>>43835899
>allowing prepared casters to act like spontaneous casters
No, Sorc is shit enough as it is. Tell your DM to get fucked.
>>
>>43835919
That looks helpful. Thanks.
>>
File: dark-hand-shield-onhand.jpg (40 KB, 300x473) Image search: [Google]
dark-hand-shield-onhand.jpg
40 KB, 300x473
>>43833356

You could have something like the Dark Hand.
>>
>ran PotA for a short time with some randos on Roll20
>group fucked over by two friends who played a ranger and a barbarian
>homebrew game is down to three players, start recruiting
>two friends apply wanting to play together
>want to play a ranger and barbarian
>>
>>43835487
He also made it so that all blades, from knives to swords make more damage, but gain disadvantage against heavy armour. And that all blunt weapons are either terrific against or use normal rules when facing all armours, but they do less damage. All bladed weapons increased one die type, all blunt ones decreased one.
It's been weird, but enjoyable. No guns in the setting btw.
>>
>>43833121
also clerics
>>
>>43835177
>that big-ass chasm

Wait, how did they retcon that? "The gold dwarves hired a huge host of gnomish illusionists and made it look like there was a giant collapse"?

So did the not-India bit (Durpar etc.) come back? Because according to the SCAG, some of the bits that got wiped in 4E didn't - halfing land's still underwater but some parts survived as islands.
>>
>>43837168
>Wait, how did they retcon that? "The gold dwarves hired a huge host of gnomish illusionists and made it look like there was a giant collapse"?
Way more handwavey than that. It just happened, there's no explanation given.
>>
>>43836701
what why?
>>
>>43837360
Some people feel the need to houserule and homebrew a system until it barely resembles what they said they're running/playing.
>>
I have a lot of ranged players in my party - How can I find good ways to get them to move around the map, instead of just staying stationary and shoot, behind the tank?
>>
>>43837422
Ranged enemies. Sneaky sneakertons.
>>
>>43837431
It just seems that the vast majority of 5e creatures are melee.
>>
Can you gain flanking, or a rogue gain Sneak Attack / Advantage on an attack if an enemy is within 5ft of a friendly controlled Flaming Sphere, or other spell that does damage in a contained spot?
>>
>>43831031
A whole lot of bubblegum.
>>
>>43837360
I couldn't say. I quess he's bored of running vanilla? He's an old school DM who started with the first edition.

It's really not so bad in action... Makes people do all sorts of stunts in battle to,make up for their weapons of choice.
>>
>>43837469
Not by RAW.
>>
>>43837431
It just seems like the vast majority of 5e creatures are melee.
I was looking for ranged monsters, I suppose.
>>
>>43837512
Bandits. Goblinoids with bows.
>>
>>43835334
>It's somewhat useful at lower levels, but useless later on.
Sure, if you or your DM are bad at designing encounters.

5e explicitly went out of its way to have low CR threats remain relevant and able to be utilized the all the way to end-game. That's part of the point of 5e's flat math.
Cleave gets more useful as you level, not less.
>>
>>43836701
It really sounds like he'd be better off with a different system.
>>
>>43837530
Of course, but anything notable ranged is humanoid or giant. Having monsters that spit acid or somesuch would be interesting, although I suppose you could just refluff humanoids to monsters.
>>
>>43837554
There's only one bestiary out at the moment. Steal things from other editions, maybe? I know AD&D has 30-odd books of monsters.
>>
So I've got a campaign coming up that's going to be in an urban setting and we're told it's more or less a crime thriller.

I want to make a crossbow bard with more than one crossbow on his person, the idea being instead of reloading I'll fire from my next crossbow, like you see people do with guns in action movies. What would be the best way of going about that? This is my first 5e game.
>>
>>43837623
Have enough strength to carry all these light crossbows?

Like, realistically you can't carry a crossbow loaded with a gun but so long as you're not drowning in crossbows I don't see an issue if the GM doesn't require that bit of realism out of you.
>>
>>43837651
>Like, realistically you can't carry a crossbow loaded with a gun
What?
>>
what are some cool, older modules i should check out? i only started in 5e, but i wanted to look at some older stuff. Links and conversions would be much appreciated as well.
>>
>>43837703
S1-4, C1-3, WG7, WGR1, T1-4, A1-4, GQD1-7, I6... Really, haul down a whole bunch and flick through them.
>>
File: ohbaby.jpg (31 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
ohbaby.jpg
31 KB, 177x278
>>43831031
>about to hit level 5 on my wizard and get fireball and lightning bolt
>>
>>43837658
I meant loaded like.

It wrecks the strings. FWIW, the first guns you could actually carry loaded more or less forever were flintlocks and their predecessors.
>>
>>43835520
Casting a spell is Cast a spell action.
Attacking is an Attack action.

You can only use extra attack on Attack actions. You'll have to wait till 7th level as an Ek to use Booming blade and then attack as a bonus action.
>>
>>43837469
Flaming sphere is not an ally, so no.
>>
>>43837906
Do people usually play like that? If I need to worry about that I'll prep them before going into questionable situations and deal with it regularly when I miss the chance.
Strength/weight shouldn't be a problem unless I'm missing something. The PHB says you can carry 15x your strength which is loads, even if I had half a dozen crossbows I wouldn't be overloaded.
>>
>>43835031
You beat people to death with a wizard?
>>
>>43831031
Not playing a fighter but my barb brings a greatsword, a greataxe, a longsword, two hand axes, 8 javelins, a shield and a dagger.
>>
>>43831031
we just lost a member who was being a dick for no reason but is normally alright

does anyone have any experience with this, is it likely they'll kind of cool down and ask to come back
>>
>>43837422
you could always throw terrain hazards at them that force them to avoid staying in one spot for too long.
>>
>>43837921
People generally don't, which is why I just said to make sure you're not overloaded in crossbows. Although your gm might decide it would be funny if they all went off at the same time.
>>
>>43838109
>dodgy looking castle
>preload a bunch of crossbows
>walk in and it's a perfectly fine castle run by a pleasant duke
>mid convo all your crossbows critically fail and shoot bolts everywhere
I can dig it
>>
How's that charcter builder in the pastebin supposed to work? I only get a bunch of gifs and shit.
>>
>>43838131
Open the .html. Needs javascript.
It's an offline version of some site someguy made.
>>
>>43832938
Isn't dawnbringer in the coffin not the chest? I think that chest just has gold. If he really wants it just grab it out of the coffin while everybody is fighting the wraith
>>
>>43835899
I've never met a dm that policed spell prep it effectively is no different
>>
>>43839370
Weird, every DM I've had checked spell prep.

Although admittedly the only non-spontaneous casters anyone ever picked at my table have been Paladin and Druid.
>>
>>43835368
Eh, some of the lower level enemies simply can't touch you once you get your +2 armors and cloaks of displacement. You'd need to run things completely without magic items. Though I suppose then the issue is the buckets of hp
>>
>>43831961
Your behaviour is on the level of a DM creating a mary-sue DMPC and roleplaying with himself for 4 hours before killing the players.
You disgust me.
>>
>>43831031

You mean my fighter or my Fighter?
My fighter has a quarterstaff and his extremeties, my Fighter has a battle-axe and a shield.
>>
>>43837968
>is it likely they'll kind of cool down and ask to come back

Depends on what they did/said. All in all though, yeah.
>>
>>43837512
Harpies with bows is a fun encounter.
>>
>>43837313
>>43837168
Well, it was so wide that they could say it's more of a valley now. Maybe it got filled with water, because it's so close to the Moonsea and so far below sea level.
>>
>>43835698
The actual fix is that all classes except for skill monkeys have 4 skills, 2 of which can be whatever you want. Everyone gets background feature for a small amount of guaranteed roleplay utility. Bounded accuracy means you can hit the dcs you want without extreme specialization.

Spellcasting solutions have been extremely reduced. Less spells per day. No bonus spells from a high casting stat. Spells are less apt as tools compares to what they used to be, and there are less utility spells in general. Also, many spells with durations now require concentration. Which keeps spellcasters from layering themselves with various buffs. Also, very few scrolls or wands that allow them to have the rare spells that they almost never need, but that automatically solve the game when they have one. (I used to carry four or five scrolls at a time, at least, in 3.5. Now i have none.)
>>
>>43835698
>Oh wow I can cast knock and wake up half the town, charm person and the person will feel like they've been raped in about 10 seconds, or disguise self and suck at it because my charisma is shit
>>
>>43839857
My players had an amusing reaction to the discovery that Charm Person no longer works the way it does in video games.
>>
>>43837467
Then give them a bow, or some spit.
>>
>>43839900
Tell me more.
>>
How much of a dick move is it for a DM to use Dominate Person on players to make them agree with an NPC who's blatantly leading us into a trap?
>>
>>43840103
Well, the "charmed' condition now has very specific effects. It only means that if you're charmed by someone, you can't attack them or cast harmful spells at them, and they have advantage on social skill checks against you. It doesn't mean you do everything they say, like they probably won't switch sides in a battle for you, just choose a different target. It also removes a lot of the ambiguity of what this person would do for a "friend" versus what's "against their nature." That was never defined very well before.
>>
>>43840127

Is the NPC someone who would reasonably have access to the Dominate Person spell? If so, and assuming you failed your Wis save, then it's perfectly fine.

Your wording seems to imply that he Dominated the whole group, though. Dominate Person is a single-target Concentration spell so if that's the case then its kind of a dick move.

tl;dr depends
>>
>>43840127
Was the NPC secretly a villain?
Was there a save, and if so, was the DC something plausible?

Lastly, do you trust your DM to use this intrusion on your agency in a way that will be fun, or do you have no faith in him? If you don't trust your DM, why are you playing with him? If you do trust your DM, then why are you bitching?
>>
>>43832725
You could use a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon and shield. Hordebreaker and Whirlwind attack favor using a single weapon.
>>
>>43840230
Eh, I could see a villainous bard with some kind of mass dominate as an interesting antagonist.
>>
>>43840230
I don't know is the thing, she's some sort of shapechanging fiend that I reckon is a Night Hag. It was one at a time domination.

>>43840257
Eh, I usually trust him. Just this particular incident got my goat. In general I'm opposed to using domination spells on the players in my own campaigns. That and him killing an NPC we liked sucking all of the levity out of the game made this latest session one I wasn't such a fan of.
>>
>>43840457
The big issue I feel is that he's possibly cheating on his use of dominate.
>>
>>43840457
It's not something to use often, but as long as you guys got a save, and its clearly something done as part of his plans and not an asspull to keep you on the rails then it's fine.
>>
>>43840127
I prohibit mind control from my games, so I'd say it's about a 9/10 on the Asshole GM scale. Even if your group is okay with mind control it's still a really dick move and it takes away their agency pretty hard, so a 7/10.
>>
File: HellNeedsYou.jpg (648 KB, 1747x2280) Image search: [Google]
HellNeedsYou.jpg
648 KB, 1747x2280
Warlock/Sorcerers: good for powergaming, narratively confusing. Give me your best backstories/excuses for playing a character like this. (Hard mode: good enough that you'd want to use it even if it weren't overpowered)
>>
>>43840169
how long does a Persuade check to change helpfulness levels take?

Because charmed for advantage, then Persuade could very well make them change sides if high enough.
>>
>>43840727
A young man, whose ancestor includes a dragon somewhere along the line, makes a pact with a Fey for great power. The fey, being fey, realizes his potential power, and agrees, securing him as a compatriot. As the fey power flows through him, his draconic ancestry awakens, and blends with the power he was given.

Change words as necessary, don't pretend that Cleric/Druids are somehow not as ridiculous.
>>
>>43840284
that was a 3.5 spell, wasn't it?
>>
>>43840901
Mass Suggestion can last a year and a day, and effects up to 12 creatures in range for each casting, and lets you suggest a course of action that can last the entire time. You could set a world to war with a spell like that in literally no time at all.
>>
>>43840956
I would require a hell of a lot more than just a direct plan to go to war for it to work.
>>
>>43841038
I'm not sure it would, for a bard with time on his hands. Convince them to come to a large party in a neutral territory after spreading rumors about army build up and resource depletion and political what nots.

Then, while no one is looking, cast it. They need only be within range and able to hear and understand you. Telepathy solves this problem. "With all this strife and tension, just go to war. For the good of your people, you need to."
>>
>>43841135
Maybe between two small kingdoms where the king's stable boy is literally the prime minister.

I doubt it would be good enough for large scale countries (and before WW1 is brought up, it could also have happened over Morocco and over Albania and Bosnia, everyone was itching for an excuse)
>>
How would you make a Snake totem barbarian?

At least one of the three totem powers gotta be the ability to spit poison, of course.
>>
>>43841231
Probably some sort of haste effect and advantage against poisons
>>
>>43840727
>Crazed scholar of the arcane was merely using the Old Ones as a path to the horrific truth, now he is becoming one with the true chaos behind this reality. (GOO/Wild)

>Working for the the Winter Court puts you closer to some of the forces of nature than most mortals can understand. You have come to revel in the driving rain and lashing winds. Your Queen seems pleased. (Fey/Strom)
>>
>>43841260
are snakes immune to poison?
>>
>>43841329
Yes, although the difference is largely due to the fact that they mostly target mammals, which have different enough biology for them to not be affected by their own venom.
>>
>>43841383
getting poison resistance is pretty boring though. For a player, I mean.
>>
>>43841383
Huh, I did not know this. So if a snake needed to make a change of diet to some other reptile or other snakes it'd be shit out of luck?
>>
>>43841448
Eh, dwarves/halflings get it
>>
>>43841514
Depends on the snake I guess. I think this might only apply to those that use neurotoxins, but it possibly extends more broadly.
>>
>>43831031
Palladin, warhammer and shield.

Which fighting style would you guys recommend? If I put down the shield I can re-roll 1-2 damage rolls with Great weapon fighting or I can take protection and just cause disadvantage rolls when teammates are in trouble.

Or I can go for +1AC but that seemed a bit shit compared to the two above. and I ruled out dueling due to the shield + 1/2H weapon

First time as a Palladin, rest of the group is Bard, Driud, Warlock and Cleric.
>>
>>43840727
I know a friend who has a half-Orc Warlock.

Orcs bullied the shit out of him most of his life for being a pathetic weakling. Orcs killed his family etc.

So he made a pact with the fiend and burnt the Orc settlement down and ran for it.
>>
>>43832328
Yeah how dare he have an opinion.
>>
>>43841579
Are you saying you ruled out dueling because your using a shield? because you can wield a shield and use the dueling fighting style. Thats what I have my fighter doing atm. Magic battleaxe & shield with a sliver flail as backup.
>>
>>43841657
I took "no other weapon" to mean empty hand. Hmm. My warhammer is versatile though and I was planning on using it 2H now and then which is the reason I was leaning towards Great weapon fighting over dueling but thanks for that. It's another one to consider.
>>
>>43831031
Greatsword for getting shit done, shortsword for when I can't use two hands to get shit done, lots of throwing daggers for when I can't get close enough to get shit done. I wish you could be competent with crossbows without needing dex
>>
>>43841689
my pleasure.

Your plan would work but desu great weapon fighting only really shines when your using a maul or greatsword, since you bear a higher chance to roll low numbers on the smaller dice plus you roll multiple dice so a lot more chances to reroll and in turn much more likely to increase your damage output in general.

My votes would go for any of the other 3 if you primarily plan to use a shield.
>>
>>43841730
>throwing daggers

Might as well just hit them. I prefer javelins for close-med ranged combat.
>>
>>43835716
Jake, I don't bitch about 5e at all. Are you still salty I left the group? I thought we parted on good terms.
>>
>>43841743
I can't easily carry 10+ javelins around
>>
>>43841737
thanks that does make sense as warhammer is just 1d10 even 2H.
I'll go protection I think, it seems I've been classed as the tank of the group and I don't mind that.
>>
How do I do the most damage as a Paladin?
>>
>>43841873

Vengeance Oath, Polearm Master, Great Weapon Mastery, Great Weapon Fighting.

Get advantage with your oath to take maximum advantage of that sweet, sweet -5/+10 before even expending one smite, reroll crappy numbers, add in bonus action whacks with the butt of your polearm whilst getting a ton of extra opportunity attacks and the ability to whack through clusters of dudes if you roll really well.
>>
File: 1448267762004.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448267762004.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw my DM plays nothing but modules

I want to experience a custom game.
>>
>>43841917
9 times out of 10 it would be shitty. Run one yourself.
>>
>>43841925
Why would anon's not be shitty too
>>
>>43842043
I didn't say it wouldn't be.
>>
>>43840727
Crazy scholar entered a pact with a fey(any other patron).
After some time he found a way to trap and fuse the fey (or whatever patron) to acquire its powers.
>>
What /tg/ thinks about bladesinger ?
>>
>>43842100
It's monks done right with Int instead of Wis.
>>
>>43840885
That old 3.5 disposition table has changed into multiple tables so that the maximum possible result you can achieve on a hostile target is not much at all. You can't just be a diplomancer and make anybody do anything with a high enough Persuasion check. If it makes no sense that they'd ever do that, the DM can tell you to fuck off.

Basically, they might let you pass if it involves taking no risks themselves, but they're never going to switch sides.
>>
>>43831031

My ranger has a longsword, dagger, hand axe, and longbow.

My fighter has a halberd, short sword, dagger, whip, and shield.
>>
>>43835592
Spoony didn't actually play through The Age of Manure. The ecology article on the Manure Golem was brought to him by that friend of his. The Mr. Mockingham to his Hinsty David, if you will.
>>
>>43842370
Come on dude, lets talk about 5e.
>>
>>43842397
How do I make a Rod of Manure in 5e
>>
>>43842345
Where are these tables you speak of? And why wouldn't giving a compelling argument to a nonhostile foe change their mind?
>>
Where do you guys find your groups? I have no friends interested in playing DnD with me and the FLGS in my city only has one group and the DM is no fun to play with.
>>
File: Blair_ganz.png (454 KB, 991x718) Image search: [Google]
Blair_ganz.png
454 KB, 991x718
I'm building a Halloween flavored magic user. I know I want to go at least Warlock 3 for a Pact of the Chain familiar, and stronk blast cantrip, and fey goodies like that AoE frighten. I'm looking to sling illusions and charms with pumpkin spice flavored spells. I'm still undecided where on the moral scale to be, I could go with good and be a guardian of all-hallows eve and the dark spirits it carries, neutral for mischievous but not evil spooky scares for anyone I come across, or evil to scheme towards some greater event. It may depend on if/how I multiclass. What would be a nice class build?
Pic related in pumpkin and similar themed spells. Not touching personality or clothing tastes for obvious reasons.
>>
>>43842454
In the DMG, p.245. There's separate tables for the reactions of friendly, indifferent, and hostile people. None of the listed results actually change the NPC's attitude, which is entirely up to the DM. It's advised that the DM make NPCs turn more hostile after repeated attempts to cajole them, and that they ignore attempts at persuasion that don't touch on things they actually care about.

Out-of-game, there are people in the real world who know how to put together compelling rhetoric, and that doesn't mean they can make any "non-hostile" person do anything they want. There's a limit to what you can trick people into doing, especially if they know you're up to something.
>>
Has anyone tested gestalting in 5e? I remembered that was a thing in 3.5 on the drive home and was curious as to how it'd work in 5e
>>
>>43840257
>Lastly, do you trust your DM to use this intrusion on your agency in a way that will be fun

>not being the kind of player that roleplays their dominated character in tandem with the DM
>>
>>43831961
I fucking hope your DM changes the waifublade into a necrotic damage male edgelord axe.
>>
>>43831031
The character I'd play if I had a group uses a Great-Sword as main arm and a maul when there's a need to bludgeon, than hand axes for range.
>>
File: captain fabulous.png (178 KB, 456x464) Image search: [Google]
captain fabulous.png
178 KB, 456x464
>tfw about to hit level 5 on arcane trickster
>tfw 3d6 sa, uncanny dodge, and retraining a cantrip to green flame blade
>>
>>43843270
anon... you can't retrain cantrips.
>>
File: m8.jpg (25 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
m8.jpg
25 KB, 205x205
>>43843304
What the DM doesn't know won't hurt him.
>>
Is there any reason to play and eldritch knight over a bladesinger or a bladelock?
Is there any reason to play an arcane trickster over a bard or a warlock that's been tricked out for skills?
What's the optimal way to play/build an EK or an AT?
>>
Does anyone else find PDK to be a little underwhelming?
>>
So I looked at the Eberron stuff. The Shifter and Warforged look pretty decent. The Artificer got shit on HARD. He doesn't even get the Brew Potion feat. No creating homunculii either. Fucking shame really.
>>
>>43843374
You don't play them like a caster, you play them like a martial that can do other cool stuff too.

Also find familiar
>>
>Make sorc's current capstone (+4 sorc points on short rest) an inherit part of font of magic
>make new capstone give you some sorc points once/day if you have 0 when you roll initiative

Would this make sorc OP?
>>
>>43843374
If you want to play a Fighter, and get all the shit figher gets (Action surge, more ASIs, 4 attacks) while still having some magic to play around with.

EK supplements hitting things with magic, BS/Bladelock/FS supplement magic with hitting things.
>>
>>43840510
DMs, by definition, cannot cheat.
>>
File: 1428962945856.jpg (1 MB, 2109x3310) Image search: [Google]
1428962945856.jpg
1 MB, 2109x3310
>Friend wants to try DMing for the first time
>Decides to make us start at level 20
>Plans out a large dungeon pull of traps to try and test us
>I just find the BBG using arcane eye and use etherealness to walk the whole party behind him
>He didn't set up any kind of magical defenses
>DM's face when

I wonder if I should let him have his cake and eat it too, or if the lesson of preparing for wizards is better in the long run.
>>
>>43843584
But they can make players upset by not following the agreed upon rules and since the point of the game is to have fun it's better not to deviate unless absolutely necessary, so the players can have a reasonable chance of understanding the consequences of whatever plans they have.
>>
>>43843834
>But they can make players upset
The players are free to leave and start looking for another DM at any time.
>>
>>43843794

Basically his fault for trying to pop his DM cherry on level 20s. 20s are demigods, so anything opposing them has to be even godlier.
>>
Has there ever been that guy where he made someone that fits his personality and what you think what his would look like PC that you call him by his PC's name on accident?
>>
>>43844247
Level 20 casters are demigoda you mean. Preparing against OP spells would be a non-issue in a party of lvl 20 martials. Nothing they do would replicate the effect of etherealness for example
>>
Would an wnemy getting up from prone trigger booming blade's extra damage?
>>
>>43843462
>give entire class level 20 features
>will this be strong?
>>
>>43844554
Most of the capstones are terribly underpowered though
>>
>>43843462
Cut sorc. Points in half. Have all of them regent. On short rest. This gives more points if doing two rests/day, but cuts down on nova.

From a design reason, sorcery points don't come back on a short rest because this method is supposes to encourage more variance in the way a sorcerer will approach each battle. Favoring short rests will remove a bit of the complexity of the class. Whether that's better or not is up to taste.
>>
>>43843834
>the DM shouldn't make special NPC abilities because it might hurt his players feelings.

That's bullshit. Making things is the biggest reason to be a DM.
>>
>>43844462
Monks.

Rogues could probably effectively bypass a lot of that stuff.

Level 20 would still be a bad call. There's more complications at that level in every regard.
>>
>>43831031
Ok /5eg/, im playing a wood elf rogue in OotA.
My party has a half-elf paladin, thats awesome at tanking and hitting, plus social shit; a drow chaos sorcerer, that is far from optimized, but at least has CHA16, and his only social skill is persuasion, which the paladin already had (he didnt want to get deception).
My rogue is an outlander, so I didnt focosed on any social skills, Im countingon the paladin to do that, for I got survival and expertise'd it.

So, I was thinking on swashbuckler, but my CHA is 10.

Here are my stats:
STR8
DEX16
CON14
INT10
WIS16
CHA10

We managed to scape with all the prisioners, btw.
>>
>>43844715
>level 20
that level is a legend, anon!
Nobody got there and lived to tell the tale!
>>
>>43844663
>Cut sorc. Points in half. Have all of them regent. On short rest.
Either you're really fucking thick or are a bug fan of sorclocking.

Either way, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>43844922
When you find waifublade, don't let anyone else have her, kill your entire party if you have to.
>>
If a Paladin 2/Wild Sorcerer 18 with Great Weapon Fighting casts Booming Blade and rolls the maximum on a damage die, can the Spell Bombardment feature trigger? And if it does, would a 1 or 2 on the new die get rerolled by Great Weapon Fighting?
>>
>>43844922
Look kid, Im a seasoned player, some might even say that Im one of the best, if not the best, gamer this board has to offer. Dont believe me? I have over 300 hundred board games at my house, over a 100 at my arms reach right now. Card games? I got a deck for every possible combination of cards of M:tg, I even go to tournments and shit. No biggie. D&D? I'm proud to say that as a player I'm always the party leader, maxed as I can be and I'm not afraid of taking that extra edge that puts me ahead of enemies and allies alike. Hell, I got to get paid for having sex with hot girls and killing dragons with my expert builds. I like to shit on the GM one-directional adventures, by solving it with brains and brawl instead of one or the other, wether the party likes it or not. When Im the GM, Im proud to say that NO PARTY ever finished one of my adventures. Think you're gonna face some lazy sleepy goblins? Think again, they are fully trained comandos, that will attack and take full cover before you can do shit. Dont hate the player, hate the game. WH40K? Dont even get me started, kiddo, shit would blow your weaklings mind on how real it gets.
So, yeah... pretty much what you gotta do is exploit whatever the fuck your shitty GM is doing, dont be afraid to kill those stupid prisioners, they are just numbers. Dont be afraid of taking that extra edge. Probably swashbuckler, and make your shitty GM give you some CHA boosting item. If not, threaten to leave the game. Its just 3 players, right? He will comply. Easy.
>>
>>43844963
Waifublade won't guarantee your escape from the Underdark. Even with half-elf heritage it'd be better in the Paladin's hands as you can't sneak attack with a longsword.
>>
Anyone got the DM screen?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.