[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend invited me to play Maid RPG with his group tonight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 473gheyd.jpg (166 KB, 280x362) Image search: [Google]
473gheyd.jpg
166 KB, 280x362
A friend invited me to play Maid RPG with his group tonight. I don't have a lot of experience with RPG's.

How do I maid successfully?
>>
>>43828664
Copious amounts of explosions
>>
>>43828664
Be insufferably polite to the master at all times.
>>
>>43828664
Clean stuff you chuckle fuck
>>
>>43828664
Explosive cybernetics.
>>
>>43828848
WWII Tank fetish armor
>>
File: 1446826923427.jpg (56 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1446826923427.jpg
56 KB, 317x330
>>43828867
Is that a thing?
>>
>>43828664
Be a yandere fujoshi and get the perfect boyfriend for your master.
>>
be a robot, get the ability to turn into a moped. this is vital.
>>
>>43828664
Attend the game in a Nazi uniform.
Play a maid dressed in a Nazi uniform.
>>
>>43828664
Go for slapstick humor. Remember, if someone says you can't do anything, all you have to do is make up a good reason why your highest attribute is applicable to the action and then just say "magic maid powers, I don't have to explain shit" if they don't like it.
>>
>>43828889
Rule 34 Anon
>>
>>43828867
Destroy all the ninjas before breakfast.
>>
>>43828664
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Maid_RPG
>>
>>43828664
MAID is not your typical RPG. It's basically goofball slapstick shenanigans with dice thrown in.

Ostensibly, the "objective" of the game is to win as many favor points from the master (and/or other maids, using seduction) as you can. But really, the objective of the game is just to be wacky maids doing wacky maid things. It's like Whose Line is it Anyway: Everything's made up, and the points don't matter.
>>
Almost everything is created randomly with tables, so you'll be fine OP.
>>
>>43828921
Oh, I remember that story. My sides hurt so much from laughing. I should try Maid sometime, just for the novelty of it. Or Necronia, that would be pretty cash.
>>
>"A maid is a mythical being that all of us have heard about, but have never seen."
-ZUN

In other words, have fun and go crazy. It will be embarrassing at first, but every once in a while, you can get a good laugh out of it.
>>
Embrace the chaos. It might seem lolrandumb at first, but once you are used to it, it's great. If you read the rulebook cover-to-cover, you'll notice that it is strongly implied that a maid is an agent of Chaos. The more you get acclimated to the Chaos, the more you will enjoy Maid RPG, and the more the game will make sense to you. Maid RPG is all about meaning emerging from senseless chaos. The game makes randomness work so well in its favor that it's one of the main things that makes me think there should be another circle on the G/N/S Venn diagram: emergentist.
>>
>>43828664
Just take it easy and roll with the punches.
>>
>>43828973
This.
The game literally runs on bullshitting and exploiting every one around you.
If you can justify it, you can do it, and if you can get away with it, all that much more fun.

We're playing a campaign right now. It's literally maids on Mother Base, and yes, it's been a ton of fun.
>>
>>43828921
I uploaded our android maid into a tank.
Does that count?

I mean it's mostly justifiable. She uses it to shop for groceries.
>>
Does /tg/ still actually play this game?

Because I'd be interested. Shit was fun as fuck but all my gaming friends these days are too normal for me to consider telling them about it
>>
>>43828664
First, determine if this is a sexual group, or a non-sexual group.

If non-sexual, AVOID GETTING ASPERGERS OR AUTISM. Try to laugh and smile a lot, and not take anything too seriously, or go too deep on what your favourite obscure japanese anime is.

If sexual, ASPERGERS AND AUTISM TO THE MAX. You gotta out-fetish everyone else at the table. 'cause they'll be trying to out-fetish you. Prove you are the weeabest, that your tastes in obscure japanese animes and very specific fetishes are superior, and demonstrate that if dungeon keeper were real, YOUR basement would attract the dark mistress.
>>
>>43832927
>It's literally maids on Mother Base
IF YOU FULTON OLD HAGS
PREPARE BODY BAGS
>>
File: Fap Angel Maid.png (457 KB, 733x1309) Image search: [Google]
Fap Angel Maid.png
457 KB, 733x1309
>>43833979
About this yes.
You know what's better than Maids?
Maids with an ass load of guns and an excuse to use them.
We've defeated the Skull Unit by using a crane to launch a maid at high velocity at their escape chopper (Also had the master on board) and she went Rules of Nature and sliced the thing to pieces.
Then there was the time we ended up at a hospital in the outbacks of Eastern Europe. We stole a BTR to escape.
Did we have to steal the BTR? No. But did we. Of course. And then we jumped it off a bridge to our extraction zone.

Now that I think about it, we aren't playing as maids as much as we're playing CUTE OPERATOR MAIDS DOING CUTE OPERATOR THINGS.

Pic somewhat related. One of the drawfags in our party started drawing out the cast.
>>
I've posted this on a few threads before but come one and all and listen to my tale.
This is a story of love, friendship, mole people, and violence of dimension ripping proportions so sit down and enjoy.

First, allow me to give a brief explanayion of the characters.

First we have Magnolia Winters, a robotic maid with tank treads for legs. She gained sentience when rolling into a cut powerline on her way to get groceries. She acts as the strict mother of the group, caring but stubborn. Her roboeyes extend into revolver barrels and can fire at will.

The second maid is Rose Summers, a former street thug who was murdered on a deal gone bad. Luckily her corpse was stuck by lightning, restarting her heart and triggering an intense belief in Christianity. She is constantly trying to convert the master and other maids to the word of God and can summon a spear made of electricity.

Next up is the beautiful Orchid Fall, a recently graduated high-school girl who is using her job as a maid as punishment for exploding her boyfriend during coitus. While she hates being a maid she thinks highly of her colleagues. She is able to turn anything she touches into a bomb, with bigger explosions coming with heightened emotional states.

Finally there is Daisy Spring, a nine year old blind girl who sees with echolocation. She is your typical little nine year old personality wise and inflicts diabetes with her cuteness. She is the world champion in Karate, Jujitsu, and May Thai.
>>
>>43836321
The session begins with news that the master is bringing over a girl for a picnic in the backyard. Thus the task of weeding and prettying up the garden is left to his four very, very competent maids.

For the first bit the gardening goes over without a hitch. Weeds are pulled, plants are watered, everything is going swimmingly. Then we got the brilliant idea to send the blind girl to grab a barrel of fertilizer (because rich people store everything in fragrant mahogony barrels) and instead she returned with a barrel.of toxic waste from the families nuke creation facility and emptied it onto the garden.

In a few seconds a small beetle had grown into a kaiju level monster. One move of its massive appendages would ruin the garden! So Daisy reacted as any nine year old blind girl would.

She piledrived it straight into the center of the earth.
>>
File: nhwi82z5Ef1t1f4gmo1_500.png (347 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nhwi82z5Ef1t1f4gmo1_500.png
347 KB, 500x500
>>43836410
>She piledrived it straight into the center of the earth.

Please proceed.
>>
>>43836410
Now when you send a Godzilla sized monster to the fiery depths of the Earth's core a very large hole is created. A hold about the size of a garden to be exact. After a small freak-out the party decided to jump down the hole, grab the plants that had fallen down before the reached the center of the planet and replant them, all before the master got home. Just another day in the life of a maid.

The party plunged into the pit but were surprised to find not a ball of molten magma but a large city populated entirely by mole people. After a little investigating the party learned that the beetle and plant matter from "the Great Above" had been taken to the high council for interpretation of this omen. After finding the council headquarters(a backroom of a skeezy bar) the maids uncover the mole peoples dastardly plans! The mole people were going to use the plant matter from the garden to power the Great Shaker once more, destroying the surface to allow the sunshine to hit the mole peoples land.

The party argued on how to handle this delicate manner. Magnolia and Rose opted for diplomacy while Daisy and Orchid voted for mass genocide. It wasnt long before the two groups were engaging in combat, destroying the entire city of mole people before launching themselves into space to avoid hitting the mansion.
>>
>>43836565
Now at a safe distance from the mansion, the four combatants turned to two as the pairs fused together in a brilliant flash of shittily animated transformation sequences.

Magnolia and Rose became Carnation, a humongous gurren lagann esque robot that wielded an electrified galaxy whip. Cannons dot its body that shoot stars.

Meanwhile Orchid and Daisy became Dragonsnap. A being around the same size as a human that is able to shatter dimensions with a punch. Think Saitama with exploding everything.

Across the aeons these two beings fought, destroying anything unlucky enough to be in their path. After thirty minutes of combat they realized that they had accidentally destroyed Earth. Overcome with grief, the maids come up with one final plan. With their combined powers the party breaks into another dimension directly before the toxic waste spill, murder the thems of that dimension, vaporize the bodies and finish the garden.
All before lunchtime.
>>
>>43828664
Roll up your maid and play her completely straight, regardless of how fucking ridiculous is the concept you end up with.
>>
>>43828664
>RPG virgin
>Wants to MAID for his first time
... you should probably save your first time for another game
>>
File: futo you're a faggot_1.png (58 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
futo you're a faggot_1.png
58 KB, 500x400
>>43836855
>Not breaking your RPG cherry with Maid RPG
>Not letting the dice gods gift you with your very first character
>Not playing an anachronistic lich maid
>>
Heyyy
Is there a PDF around?
>>
>>43837414
Six. Dollars.

Like a value meal. Like half a haircut. Support your RPG maker please.
>>
>>43836715
Well...
I certainly think that turn of events deserves a
>THE HELL?!
don't you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-oTJHKXHicSW-45w8kVAnq5xse4gjxfy
>>
Maid RPG, weirdly enough, is actually a really well designed game. It's one of the only games where rolled stats work, because your stats don't really matter anyway and being comically incompetent can be just as fun as getting bullshit rolls across the board.

Everything about Maid is stupid and goofy and fun, and that's the whole point. It's not a game to really run a long campaign in, but for the occasional linked one shot it's fucking fantastic.
>>
>>43837473
i really do, if i like it i'll buy it like i always did
i'll check the youtube vidya
>>
>>43828664
Well, you can do what I did:

Roll a luck-based demon princess with the Lucky Cat Gloves and destruction stress explosion. Punch things with the sheer power of LUCK and wreck shit.
>>
File: MCPD_Recruit.png (405 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
MCPD_Recruit.png
405 KB, 612x792
Managed two seasons of a police comedy game in MAID CITY.

Dominion Tank Police, Gunsmith Cats, Riding Bean, Police Academy, The Naked Gun and Robocop were big influences.

I'd try to vie for the Head Maid title because it allows you to get the other Mary Sues into something resembling organized chaos.

Also don't despair over having a zero in an attribute. Play that up for both pity and the threat of autofail if your Maid gets stuck in a task that requires its use.

"I'm Shawna the Were Sloth and you'd better keep me away from anything delicate, or flammable or valuable"

Concussive explosions later "I was being honest..."

Also keep in mind the task that the Master has set forth for you in the given scenario. The real objective is to have fun at the expense of imaginary body pillow models but it's also nice to get some Favor if the game's going to be a longer campaign.

Also don't forget the power of tactical nudity. You can use a combination of 'accidental' or outright lewd hijinks to lower the potency of potential housekeeping rivals by hijacking portions of their uniform.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.