[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 40kgeneral.jpg (717 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral.jpg
717 KB, 1024x768
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

IG codex when edition
>>
Chaos Marines codex when
>>
File: 1448468636510.jpg (33 KB, 485x338) Image search: [Google]
1448468636510.jpg
33 KB, 485x338
>>43827212

Second for Mont'ka does nothing to get Imperial Guard out of the mid tier.
>>
>>43827288
Second
>>
File: heeeeeeeeresjohny.png (1 MB, 1440x2369) Image search: [Google]
heeeeeeeeresjohny.png
1 MB, 1440x2369
For the heretic looking for a brother craig
>>
>>43827321
Are the warlord traits any good?
>>
7th for manly tau with breacher teams and dual flamer crisis suits
>>
>>43827321
Is the new Russ formation better than Steel Host at least? Can I slap Pask as a Warlord for BS4 bubble and PE for his squad or is that asking for too much?
>>
20pts over on this 1850 list. Anyone care to help me reconfigure?

Deathwing Strike Force:
Librarian - level 2, TDA, storm bolter
Librarian - level 2, TDA, storm bolter
DW command squad - Apothecary, plasma cannon
DW terminator squad - chain fist, assault cannon
DW terminator squad - chain fist, assault cannon
DW Knights
Ven dread with TLLC in a pod

Ravenwing Attack Squadron
- 3 bikes with 2 meltas
- attack bike with multi-melta
- Landspeeder (assault cannon)

Ravenwing Support Squadron
- 3x Landspeeder Typhoons
- Darkshroud
>>
>>43827405
replace TLLC with a multi-melta

bam
>>
REEE you better not be the last guy who made a thread after me and stayed up ;_; That made me cry.

Also, funny that Death Company are used to advertise Black Friday, especially when people go mental and die a lot.
>>
Waiting for FW to ship my copy of the updated IA:11, Corsairs are gonna be awesome I tell you
>>
>>43827464
I know that feel.

I ordered shit loads of stuff from GW, but I never get it on the Saturday (when it releases on Friday) I always get it on Monday... or Tuesday.

I also bought the 7th Tau Edition just for the collection, plus it has some new stuff in it. I hope they bring out a campaign for Catachan IG and SoB.
>>
Im playing my first game tonight, but ive seen a lot of hate for tau players. Is there something in the Tau army to avoid so that my games dont come at the expense of other peoples fun?
>>
>>43827555
The big monsters are going to attract some hate.

Run a mix of infantry, tanks and suits. You'll be fine.
>>
>>43827555
Just play what you think looks coolest. There are really only two rules of 40k.

1- Rule of cool
2-Every thing else
>>
File: f28844d1bb2d03ea322e11740f8ea763.jpg (477 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f28844d1bb2d03ea322e11740f8ea763.jpg
477 KB, 1920x1080
Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral?
>>
>>43827680
LE to the core
>>
>>43827680
Lawful Grimdark
>>
>>43827288
>>43827327
>Coming: Never.

How would /tg/ change the heroes of Chaos? i rarely see them mentioned

Kharn and maybe Huron seem good for their points, but i wish Huron had an orbital bomb

Arhiman / Fabius = shit? Probably need total overhaul

I have never in my entire life even seen Lucius model, even back in 3.5 and such, no one ever gives a fuck about him, but his rules seem half-decent
>>
>>43827555

/tg/ is far far more butthurt than an average playgroup. don't worry so much about what they say.
>>
File: 1qfwZyT.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>43827321

Remember the Mont'ka hype involving SOB's being sent to the frontlines.

>Mont'ka gets leaked
>SOB's quietly get forgotten about
>CADIANS CADIANS EVERYWHERE

Thanks GW for getting SOB players hopes up for a second...
>>
Are there any dreadnaught patterns viable for tournament play?
>>
>>43827555
Just dont run all suits with markerlights and missiles everywhere. Unless you hate your opponent.
>>
File: skitarii.png (692 KB, 751x458) Image search: [Google]
skitarii.png
692 KB, 751x458
Ordered the AdMech Elimination and Battle Maniple for $298 shipped
~40% off makes the price actually reasonable
>>
File: 4b0.png (81 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
4b0.png
81 KB, 825x441
>>43827555

Run as many riptides as you can bro
>>
>>43827680

Stupid Evil. These are the guys that keep getting botching any chance at real development in favour of hoarding trinkets for their own satisfaction.
>>
>>43827806
fuck no
>>
>>43827391
No, Preferred Enemy on everything 12'' from your command tank is still much better than BS4, the ramming bonuses are shit because Russes are slow as shit and if you ever manage to ram anything then something went wrong somehow.
>>
I like to imagine Huron Blackheart as having a thick Texan accent and a jovial attitude, despite being a space pirate ex-dictator supersoldier who lives in a warp storm.
>>
>>43827555

Actual people are not as autistic as /tg/. As long as you don't go out of your way to be a faggot you'll be fine.
>>
>>43827825

Even the Didarrio or whatever, Contemptor with Cyclone/2x guns?
>>
>>43827337
Not as good as the main codex traits. No tactical genius, but there is one that turns your warlord into a master of ordnance
>>
>>43827391
I kinda want to take each of these formations, kitted with the same stuff (except for the hydra and engineer obviously) and pit them against each other
>>
>>43827812
40% off?
>>
>>43827405
I second >>43827442 in that a MM Drop Pod Dread is perfectly viable instead of the lascannon.
>>
How pertinent is it to have a librarian/librarian council in an army list?
>>
File: fIEOuLI.jpg (18 KB, 413x569) Image search: [Google]
fIEOuLI.jpg
18 KB, 413x569
Anyone got that picture of a Sister of Battle saying "Yay, a story!"?
>>
The Eldar exterminated or exiled all the other Old One races after the War in Heaven, and made sure to kill the Brain Boyz so that the Orks would not be able to contest their dominance of the webway
>>
>>43827806
Nope. AV is a hamstring.
>>
>>43828075
PROOF
>>
>>43827812
Where did you get them from? They're still pricey on GW.
>>
>>43828075

>Never trust an elf
>>
>>43827797
>SOB
Literally a meme army at this point
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (209 KB, 926x682) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
209 KB, 926x682
>>43827797
literal meme army
>>
>>43828075

The Brain Boyz are the Old Ones dumbass, in half remembered racial knowledge form.

You can't erase an Orky subspecies, because every Orky subspecies can be born from any Ork.
>>
>>43828141
>Bretonnia isn't dead
>they got rules
>they're going to be combined with Empire under the title "Armies of Azyrheim"

Somebody better do another picture like this when they come out, except it's SoB looking at the grave, crying, then a zombie Bretonnia fused with an Empire soldier bursts out crying "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?"
>>
>>43827888
>>43828115
20% off from GW over regular prices but since they aren't web exclusive, stores can order them in for you.
I order through the Warstore which always gives 20% off so 40% total
>>
>>43828096
Eldar are flawed because of their inherent wish for dominance.

What makes you think they would allow co ownership of the gifts and works of the Old Ones with anyone other than themselves?

A Necron Phaeron could talk for a couple of days about all the Old One races their dynasty exterminated. Ancient Eldar didn't care enough to make sure the Necrons were all dead and gone, modern Eldar wouldn't even pay attention to history.
>>
>email GW about Baleflamers and Salamanders
>tell them I need an answer NOW for games
>get another in fluff reply telling me to email the rules FAQ email
>no point as they go "hur dur we read them all but can't reply" auto email

Thanks GW.
>>
>>43828200
Damn, that's clever
>>
>>43828178
That's only one explanation. There's also the story about how the brain boyz were snotlings that cultivated a certain type of mushroom that grossly enlarged their brains giving them smarts, but were beaten up by orks and told to stop being more intelligent than boyz, so the sub-species of mushroom was lost and snotlings went back to being drooling retards that eat themselves into fungus.
>>
oi mates r8 my unending host list:

>>Renegades and Heretics Unending Host Detachment
>HQ
(200) Renegade Command Squad: Carapace Armor, 2 Flamers, Master of the Horde and Refractor Field on Arch-Demagogue
Dedicated Transport: Renegade Chimera, Militia Training, Autocannon, Camo Netting
>Troops
(195) Renegade Infantry Platoon:
Renegade Platoon Command Squad: Command Vox Net, Chaos Sigil, Flamer, Demagogue
Renegade Infantry Squad: Vox Caster, Chaos Sigil, Flamer, Renegade Champion
(195) Renegade Infantry Platoon: Renegade Platoon Command Squad: Command Vox Net, Chaos Sigil, Flamer, Demagogue
>Heavy Support
(170) Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery: 2 Medusa Siege Guns with Breacher Shells
>Lord of War
(700) Greater Brass Scorpion
>>
>>43827747
Huron needs some sort of use or focus beyond free non-Tzeentch infiltrate.

Kharn and Lucius's problems are mostly just Getting to combat, though Lucius Does need AP2.

Fabius needs a reason to exist. His buffs are pretty bad.

Ahriman: Better Tzeentch discipline? Maybe a Spell Familiar?

Abaddon likewise needs lots of help getting to CC, and should probably Do something other than be a CC beatstick if he's going to become Chaos' LoW like how Papa Smurf and Azrael did. Something with Terminators deep striking, maybe?
>>
>>43828200

Percentages don't work like that. You got 20% off of 80% MSRP, not 60% MSRP.
>>
I am looking into getting back into the game again, I have an Ork army pretty much ready to go.
Can anyone recommend an enjoyable army setup?

I have:
>30+ ork boyz
>1 trukk
>3 deffkoptas
>1 painboy
>5 nobz
>10 stormboyz
>5 lootaz
>1 weirdboy
>1 ork warboss with klaw
>>
>>43828293
Abby needs chaos to get redeemers/crusaders

Chosen as troops can do some pretty funny stuff (like giving abby FNP and fielding a lot of meltaguns)

Abby's real problem is that you can just use black legion rules, get chosen as troops, and then why are you even taking him?

Technically both of these are flawed because taking CSMs as troops (of any variety) doesn't work unless you're Plague Marines because Cultists exist
>>
While the Enslavers were fighting each other to eat the remaining Old Ones, the Eldar turned upon their masters for both expediency and for their own safety, the Old Ones being lighthouses for the Enslaver plagues and entryway to the galaxy.

The last Old One fled the galaxy and plotted revenge; Never again would their creations turn upon them, never would there be treachery, there would be no more threats to life itself. All would be one with one mind.

The cells of the Old One turned upon each other, consuming and being consumed in turn, until one cell was left, and the Tyranid race was born.

Galaxy after galaxy was devoured by the hive fleets, until it was time to return to where they came from, and put an end to old grudges against the enemies from without, and from beyond.
>>
>>43828240

Baleflamers aren't actual flame weapons, since they don't appear on the main list that Salamanders refer to, and they don't have the clause that says they count as flamer weapons like the Mechanicus flamers do.

This is explained by the Baleflamer not shooting prometheum flames but daemonfire or some bullshit.
>>
>>43828085

What if you're Iron Hands and playing under ITC FAQ letting you retain IWND on vehicles?
>>
>>43828328
Uh, I hear dawn of war has some good Ork gameplay, that's probably the most enjoyable way to enjoy your models, like just put them on the shelf and enjoy how they look.
>>
>>43828328
Get yourself ~70 more boyz (cheap AoBR boyz from e-bay work) and run a green tide.
>>
>>43828377

All the GT circuits that don't let IH vehicles get IWND are retarded. If you use RAW and say IH vehicles don't have IWND since "units can only benefit from these rules if they have Chapter Tactics" DESPITE the fact that the Chapter Tactics themselves say ALL VEHICLES, then you might as well argue you cannot include any transports in your space marine armies, since the rules for space marines say all their units must have the same Chapter Tactics.

Rhinos don't have Chapter Tactics, therefore you cannot put them in a Space Marine detachment which has Chapter Tactics.
>>
>>43828418

Agreed. But Iron Hands makes vehicle marines better. Landraiders really need to drop 50 points and they need something better to transport. There is no good option to put in a landraider.
>>
>>43828326
yes I know. It's 37% off, I which rounded up to 40
>>
Anyone part of a tournament 40k skype group or anything? I'd like to set one up, to talk about strategy and lists.
>>
>>43828437
Yeah just give them hurricane bolters and bam, suddenly a good vehicle that can deliver 8 terminators to a target.

Also, as pointed out, take 3 of them, suddenly you ignore everything except an explosion, and you just roll forward with IWND
>>
>>43828418
>must have the same Chapter Tactics.
>must not have different Chapter Tactics.
the argument is that an absence of chapter tactics isn't a different chapter tactic, but no one cares because ITC is the only complete rules-set anyways.
>>
File: 1431558038052.png (532 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1431558038052.png
532 KB, 630x630
>>43828240
>tell them I need an answer NOW for games
>"PLEASE RESPOND WE CAN'T CONTINUE THE GAME WITHOUT AN ANSWER!
>>
>>43828466
>strategy
>lists

Pretty sure there's nothing beyond "5 knights" "4 wraithknights and scatter lasers" "necron decurion" "gravstar"

But sure, be a WAAC try-hard faggot who can't google tourney results
>>
Alright reading up on them I got something going on with the Dark Eldar.

My narrative for this army: our main character/HQ here used to be an Eldar who, unlike the other Eldar back in the days were full of arrogance and narcissism, lacked self esteem. He thought he was good for nothing. Wanting to see what it was the other cool guys Eldar had that he didn't, he started hanging out with those other Eldar. These Eldar that he started hanging out with were heaving into indulgent things. They did all sorts of fucked up experimentation with drugs and body modding. Eventually this Eldar became an expert far above the others especially when it came to being able to intake and work with lots of drugs and was becoming an expert in pain. The Eldar eventually fell in love with a red haired girl Eldar from the Craftworlds. She was the light in his now very dark life, telling him about how what he does to feel happy and successful is wrong and messed up. He had decided that she may have a point, that he's turning into someone who he wasn't before, and decided that slowly he'll give up all these things he's involved in now. But then that's where everything fell apart. The Fall of the Eldar happened. Slaanesh was born as a result of the things he and his peers were involved in. Not only that, he realized that when that happened he started changing, transforming into something very different from the normal Eldar. Helpless, he realized that he and his peers have transformed into a twisted variation of their brethren; one that HAS to partake in the fucked up indulgence they used to in order to just live. 10,000 years later, he's now a Haemonculus of The Hex, a drug addled monster who's works of art often reference the red-haired Eldar who may/may not still be alive and living in the Craftworlds that he can't go back to.

List: http://pastebin.com/iqmtZK6A
>>
>>43828482

That argument is stupid, because 0 is not the same as 1. The vehicles fail the "must have the same Chapter Tactics" requirement.
>>
>>43828363
Really, Chaos just needs to either get everything regular marines do, or completely divorce itself from regular Marines rules-wise and go for a 30k style army list with more Daemon,
>>
>>43828240

It's super clear that

>>43828375

Also with how nerfed the flamers got you shouldn't have any problem with them. Like the dragon can't turn its neck at all, it just shoots in a tiny cone from the front, if you're too retarded to avoid flyers who barely do anything I feel bad for you if you ever run up against croissants or demons
>>
>>43827456
I am. No hard feelings, I had wanted my thread to die but /tg/ wasn't having it
>>
>>43828492
>nothing beyond "5 knights" "4 wraithknights and scatter lasers" "necron decurion" "gravstar"
Do you even follow the tourny scene, or are you just quoting this whiny tripe from the archive?
Ho tip: what /tg/ whines about almost never wins, the guy who thinks for a bit and finds the hard counter to the anticipated meta does.
>>
File: 1443306903326.png (404 KB, 414x699) Image search: [Google]
1443306903326.png
404 KB, 414x699
>>43828510

>"waaah why don't we have grav guns"

CSM players are truly the worst
>>
>>43828510
It already is 30k style, they can field tacticals up to 20 and they can take combat weapons.

The HH mark iv sprues are GREAT for traitor marines

But they don't have and they shall know no balance, no chapter tactics, gimped and crippled vehicle options...
>>
>>43828492

Good thing all the worthwhile tournaments limit you to 1 Wraithknight. So then it becomes 1 WK and scatter lasers, and the rest stay the same. There's also Battle Company, Bikes, and War Convocation and now the new Tau.

Basically all the faglord "hur dur free shit everywhere" or "hur dur spam underpriced best units in the game" armies. Which isn't necessarily bad in itself, but when everyone's favorite units and factions are consistently left out, it's dumb.
>>
>>43828529
Um 4 knights and scatter lasers took down the biggest tournament this year, but uh, yeah no you're totally right /tg/ doesn't know shit (because you clearly don't know shit)
>>
>>43828509
>0 is not the same as 1
Its the nearest interpretation without conflict. just going by the justifications I've heard for keeping the non-applied buffs without RAW being no vehicles for SM players.
>>
>>43828510

Why should Chaos get everything marines have, as well as the benefits and things marines don't?

You don't get to have centurions and grav if you keep cultists, zombies, marks, flying daemon princes, etc.

CSM should get Helbrute versions of things like the Leviathan Dreadnought and they should get shit they always had to begin with like assault cannons and thunder hammers.

If you use the "freshly fallen chapter" argument, then you should just be using the vanilla codex to represent their fresh wargear and tactics.
>>
>>43828418
>All the GT circuits that don't let IH vehicles get IWND are retarded.

"Machine Empathy: Iron Hands characters and vehicles have the It Will Not Die special rule. Furthermore, Iron Hands Techmarines add 1 to their Blessing of the Omnissiah rolls"

Where in there does it specify that vehicles, despite not having chapter tactics, gain this benefit? Its not there, it was there in 6th ed now its not. Where is the confusion coming from? Its very clear that only Dreadnoughts and characters gain IWND and not ALL vehicles.

Its very nice that you like the ITC homebrew but its not the rules as they are very clearly written.
>>
>>43828363
>Abby needs chaos to get redeemers/crusaders

If you knew anything about the fluff you'd know why they don't have these.

At best they would have mutated sponsons with Baleflames or something.
>>
>>43828564

That's so stupid though how can people honestly use that argument. What was the point of Chapter Tactics mentioning vehicles at all then? Walkers? Walkers didn't have Chapter Tactics in 6E. If you'e going to play by RAW, which is a stupid thing to do in and of itself, then you go full RAW, not this bullshit.

"Oh RAW obviously doesn't work, so we're going to use RAI to make sure marines can have vehicles. BUT WE WON'T USE RAI FOR IRON HANDS THOUGH!"

Not even an IH player, this is just stupid as fuck.
>>
>>43828533
Then where the fuck are my Volkites, my Rad/Phosphex weapons, my haywire bomb things, my non-shit transports, etc.
>>
>>43827288
You already have it. It's just going to be 6E with some new uninteresting fluff.
>>
>>43828576
>rules
>very clearly written

Haha. Don't put transports in your vanilla lists then.
>>
>>43828582
>freshly fallen chapter

Ok so, why can't chaos get open topped rhinos? Where they tear out the interior and strip that shit down to rush down anyone and everyone in a suicidal charge?

Why can't they see land raiders that hold 16 people and cut up or daemon up land raiders to deliver EIGHT TERMINATORS, THE SACRED NUMBER OF KHORNE.

YOU DON'T THINK THEY WOULDN'T TRY TO PRAISE KHORNE BY DELIVERING EIGHT HOLY CHAMPIONS INTO BATTLE ON THE BACK OF A ROARING DEMON ENGINE?
>>
>>43828531
Did I say anything about Grav Weapons? No, fuck off. I was talking about decent transport options.
>>
>>43828375
>>43828516
I know, mate. But, I want to know what GW say.

As for something like, Scortcha, what would you say to that?
>>
>>43828626
Yeah pretty much this, KDK is tied to Codex CSM so don't expect a lot of changes
>>
>>43828565
>Why should Chaos get everything marines have, as well as the benefits and things marines don't?

Because normal marines can casually ally in a jillion things, and chaos players don't currently have the toolset they need to represent a diverse array of legions and warbands.

Also balance is out the window now, so why the fuck not give Chaos Marines everything plus 1?
>>
>>43828545
Source? Not NOVA or Adepticon.
>>
File: 1424966729256.png (74 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1424966729256.png
74 KB, 499x499
>>43828240

Should go hold your local GW hostage till you get an answer t b h f a m
>>
>>43828607
>>43828576

GW fucked up writing it, ITC are the rules everyone uses, get over it. I don't know what kind of scum wants to ignore the most important competitive ruleset and shit on some kid who comes in trying to make his landraiders remotely useful.
>>
>>43828659
>source not the two biggest tournaments

fucking lel
>>
>>43828641

Why do you need to know what GW will say? They don't have the time to list every weapon that's not a flamer. What is your argument for Baleflamers being a flame-based weapon other than "it has the word flame in it" which is a dumb argument for obvious reasons, and besides "you feel like it should"?

I couldn't care less if they do change it to a flame weapon, but you have multiple pieces of evidence that allow you to conclude that it's not.
>>
>>43828607
the 6E rules had a specific mention allowing for the vehicles
>>
>>43828657
How can you be so sure?
>>
1848/1850:

>HQ
(135) Farseer [Skyrunner. Singing Spear, The Spirit Stone]

Elites
(193) 8x Striking Scorpions
-Striking Scorpion Exarch [Claw & Chainsword]

>Troops
(60) 5x Rangers
(81) 3x Windriders [Scatter Laser]
(51) 3x Windriders

>Fast Attack
(195) 6x Shining Spears
-Shining Spear Exarch [Star Lance]

>Heavy Support
(130) Falcon [Brightlance, Twin-linked shuriken catapults]

>Lord of War
(325) Wraithknight [Wraithcannons, 2x Scatter Laser]

>Formation

Aspect Host [+1 Ballistic Skill]
(192) 4x Dark Reapers [Starshot Missiles]
-Dark Reaper Exarch [Eldar Missile Launcher]
(162) 7x Warp Spiders + Exarch
(162) 7x Warp Spiders + Exarch
>>
>>43828673
?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvY_fij9E8

Wow. Impressive stuff. That campaign map is awesome.

Shame 40k can't work in Total War.

I asked Focus Interactive to make a 40k game with Eugene Systems.
>>
>>43828663
To be honest, he's taking them "to a fun non-competitive, CASUAL, playdate" not a tourney, just pickup games in a FLGS or a m8's basement.

I wouldn't call that list "casual" or "remotely useful landraiders"

That's a wall of av14 iwnd which shrugs off most pens, like yeah you still lose hull points to a pen, but it's still a crazy non-fun unfriendly list
>>
So

Is Mont'Ka the new Enclave Codex or what?

Why do we even need an Enclave Codex anymore apart from max shekel grabbing if the rumours are true and Space Pope gets BTFO, then what is to stop Farsight and his crew coming back to the Tau Empire?
>>
>>43828673

I like the ITC as much as anyone, but NOVA and Adepticon were both larger and more famous than BAO and LVO until recently.

>>43828658
>Also balance is out the window now, so why the fuck not give Chaos Marines everything plus 1?

This is what ruined the game in the first place. Don't be part of the problem. The hell kind of logic is that anyway? Oh she was raped anyway let's rape her again.
>>
>>43828657
Also no new daemonkin armies for the other Gods because reasons.
>>
>>43828565
Zombies require a 200 point character, marks are shit 95% of the time, princes aren't useful for anything other than being a flying psyker (And even that's not that impressive) and cultists are cheap, not good.
>>
>>43828690
I. Do. Not. Care. I just want to have a come back to all these fucking stupid arguments.

But, answer me the question, does the Scortcha count as a flamer weapon or not?

>>43828661
This is /tg/, not /r9k/.
>>
>>43828695

We'll know when Tzeentch Daemonkin comes out. It's possible when they update CSM, Daemonkin will be stuck with crappier, more expensive versions of CSM units. Pretty sure this already happened to BA Dreadnoughts and certain loyalist Terminators a little while ago.
>>
>>43828695
because tau got only some marginal changes and they don't have a sister-codex from 7th edition which they're tied to
>>
>>43828493
Sounds like a edgier version of Hunchback of notre dame
>>
>>43828663
But where is the confusion coming from? Im honestly asking because other than IH players being butthurt they lost IWND on all vehicles there is no reason to think that the machine empathy rule apply to vehicles that dont have chapter tactics, the exception that the 6th ed rules gave them is no longer there, how are people confusing this? It all seems very arbitrary to me, its like some guy decided to give IH their old rules even when they were updated to be different.

If that was the case then why do IH get to use their old rules? Can Black Templars use their old rules too? How about other armies? Why do IH get a pass but, say, Catachan dont? Can they use their old rules with their new codex? Why, why not?
>>
>>43828756

lol, you're right
>>
>>43828736

Then you shouldn't mind them being removed.

>GEQ alternatives in a MEQ codex aren't good
>when people are literally trying to avoid MEQ as much as possible
>muh Typhus tax

Bad CSM players, every time. Being cheap is good enough. Take a look at any list that includes only Cultists and shit like Belakor or Brass Scorpion.
>>
>>43828742
I think in the ork codex it says it does, but I might be thinking of the old one
>>
>>43828756
Like I said last topic, I was trying to base it on my real life achievements/fuck ups, alcohol/drug addiction, and sorta love problem.
>>
Will Simple Green work on metal minis?
>>
>>43828765
by your reasoning you can't include space marine vehicles in your army because they don't have chapter tactics.

Fucking destroyed
>>
>>43827797
They want to drink your tears.
>>43828188
The SoB better be aiming a melta at the zombie.
>>
>>43828765

You're going to feel stupid when GW gets around to FAQing it. But you'll probably still be making stupid posts based on the argument that GW rules are flawless then, too.

The writers that left out the way for Command Squads to buy ANY RANGED UPGRADES surely wouldn't forget to copy paste the IH rule!
>>
>>43828753
>when

Tzeentch daemonkin will never be a thing, and I say this as a Chaos player.

>>43828754
Yeah but Tau 6th edition was already really well done on its own, bar a few minor things, and didn't need any real updating. CSM are fucking horrible.
>>
>>43828794
Yeah, it won't even come close to harming the metal either, simple green is love
>>
>>43828799

I hope this marines can't take vehicles thing becomes the next 60 multi meltas.
>>
>>43828733
So is this guy talking BAO then? Because it's not LVO, and BAO is just the eldar BS.
>>
If I want an army with a bunch of sweet big robots, where do I start?

How many Riptides, how many Ghost Keels, how many battlesuits?
>>
>>43828854
Half of a Riptide, one Ghostkeel, and maybe three Crisis suits.
>>
>>43828854
>Riptides
>Ghost Keels
>Battlesuits

None of those are robots, friendo. Play CSM or orks if you want big robots.
>>
File: 1435033627303.jpg (76 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1435033627303.jpg
76 KB, 600x583
>Buy FW models

YOU CAN'T USE THOSE HERE :^)

I'm sick of turbosperg autists mane, it's not my fault I got the money to spend
>>
File: 1448227008692.gif (415 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1448227008692.gif
415 KB, 512x384
>>43828733
>Oh she was raped anyway let's rape her again.

Just like my Taiwanese animes.

>>43828735
Nurgle is most likely. Slaanesh and Tzeentch don't get anything. Fuck, even Slaanesh gets Forge World unique stuff, Tzeentch hasn't got any.
>>
>>43828854

One Riptide: Make it one of the Forge Word two, they're cooler.

Three Ghostkeels.

Nine Crisis.

Also three to six broadside to taste, and between 6 and 12 stealth suits.
>>
>>43828854
Farsight, crisis as troops, the 8 for fun.
>>
>>43828775
You're right, CSM are fine! I can just run a Lord of War and a daemon army with no Warp Storm Table!

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>43828878

That's why you only buy power armor and dreadnoughts and Rhino/Land Raider chassis vehicles so you can proxy them, Anonymous.
>>
>>43828906
Aetos'rau'keres.
>>
>>43828854

Either 3-5 Imperial Knights

Riptide Wing

Ghostkeel Wing

Or

Rapid Insertion Force

The Enclave 8

Or another funky mech only Tau Formation
>>
>>43828854

3 Riptides, 1 Ghostkeel for looks with drones to stay alive, as many battle suits as you can. You want the Stormsurge, that's the new good unit. Maybe even replace Riptides entirely with the Stormsurge, but the model is uglier than the Riptide.
>>
>>43828776
Exactly, it does, but people argue like fuck on here that it doesn't until it's pointed out.

Some clarification isn't bad isn't.
>>
>>43828809
>surely wouldn't forget to copy paste the IH rule!

Thats a lot of supposition based on a mistake.

>>43828799
Im not sure what you're even saying, the rules for chapter tactics only refer to models with different chapter tactics and not those without chapter tactics, it even specifies that if a model is drawn from one CT you cannot have another from a different one, nowhere does it state that the models need to have the Chapter Tactics rule.

I still hope someone can tell me where, in the Machine Empathy rule, does it say anything confusing regarding who gets IWND? That is all Im asking.
>>
>>43828906
>Nurgle is most likely
I can see Nurgle getting something. I still don't see why there need to be daemonkin books. Just put it all in a CSM dex and all of the daemonkin stuff are apart of the warband tactics.
>>
>>43828906
Also Jesus dude what the fuck with that gif.? Sick fuck.

And just because I saved it doesn't mean I endorse it.
>>
>>43828929

What are the advantages of "Ghostkeel Wing"? They look sweet.

I don't know what RIF or Enclave 8 is.

What's that new forgeworld thing with the huge ass guns on its back, and what about the Forgeworld variant Riptides?
>>
>>43828918

The argument wasn't CSM are fine, the argument was your argument of Cultists aren't good was wrong. When people run Scouts over Tactical Marines just to save a few points, being able to run Cultists is amazing. IG even downgrade Guardsmen to Conscripts.
>>
>>43828924
Fuck off. Okay, I'll rephrase. They don't have anything unique bar the Greater Daemons. Slaanesh get Sonic Weapon Dreads. Tzeentch get fuck all.
>>
>>43828878

>Why won't they let me use my XV107 R'Varna Battlesuit and XV109 Y'Vahra Battlesuit

:^)
>>
>>43828878
Really, unless your (F)LGS has a store-wide acceptance of Forgeworld, you should do what he says>>43828919 and get easily proxyable stuff, like Death Korps.
>>
>>43828985
Ok calm down.
>>
>>43828948

You don't write rules based around idiots who don't read.
>>
File: Start the van.png (568 KB, 770x524) Image search: [Google]
Start the van.png
568 KB, 770x524
>>43828961
Sounds like you need to be watched.
>>
>>43828950

If it was walker only they should say walker. Walker is an actual game term used repeatedly in the book. Why use the term vehicle at all? Oh look, yet another one of the hundreds of examples of why GW isn't good a writing flawless rules.
>>
>>43828906

But the tattooed murderer wasn't killed...
>>
>>43829041
>If it was walker only they should say walker.

Why? Dreadnoughts get Chapter Tactics.

>Why use the term vehicle at all?

Because dreadnoughts are vehicles and if they decide to give CT to any other vehicle in the future then it gains IWND.
>>
>>43828531
CSM players can be whiny, but CSM haters can be truly massive faggots.
>>
>>43829060

who do you think was driving the truck
>>
>>43828950

Specific rules overwrite more general rules.

Big rule book < codex < chapter tactics < machine empathy.
>>
>>43829071

They're not going to give CT to other vehicles. If you looked at the other chapters you'd know why. They didn't give them to any vehicles at all in 6E for a reason.
>>
>>43829060
Look at the arm of the guy in the truck.
>>
>>43829075

CSM hate is never pre-emptive or pro-active. Nobody randomly starts laughing at CSM or talking shit. It's always whiners.
>>
>>43829002
I'm perfectly calm.

>>43829009
>Hey, wanna play my Salamanders?
>Sure, I'll play CSM
>I roll FnP against your Baleflamer!
>What? No, you can't do that, it isn't a flamer weapon!
>BUT IT HAS FLAMER IN IT FAGGOT I GET TO ROLL
>NO! IT DOESN'T SAY SO AND IT ISN'T IN THE BRB!
>FUCK YOU FAGGOT I'M OUT!

And......scene.

Having an email from GW going "yeah, it isn't a flamer weapon, we'll clarify this in later updates" would be fucking useful.
>>
>>43829108
>They didn't give them to any vehicles at all in 6E for a reason.

That reason being that there was an exception written in the IH CT that gave them IWND, which no longer is the case.
>>
>>43829127

Hellturkey last edition
>>
File: 1426300379386.jpg (17 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1426300379386.jpg
17 KB, 259x194
>>43829153
Salamanders are such bros
Along with Imperial Fists and Crimson Spics they're my favorite chapter
>>
>>43828906
>going back to the scene of a crime
>committing a crime in your local area

Amateurs. Everyone knows you commit serious felonies in a different county that you rarely go to.
>>
>>43828981
Scouts are ATSKNF. Conscripts can have a Commissar stuck in them and are cheaper.

Cultists, you're stuck either taking a Dark Apostle per squad (Expensive), Typhus (Expensive, cuts what little usefulness the cultists have) or taking a Helbrute.

Yeah, Cultists are great.
>>
>>43829207
HUR DUR WHINER!

You know what I find funny? I love being a SoB player. Nobody gives a shit that I play x3 Exorcists and drop up to 18 S8 AP1 missiles a turn. Everybody assumes your deck is so shit they ignore this fact. Especially since the last "update" for SoB made Exorcists like 5 points cheaper for some fucking reason, then removed characters, nerfed DCA and loads of other shit.
>>
File: RapidInsertionForce.jpg (44 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
RapidInsertionForce.jpg
44 KB, 600x620
>>43828969

Ghostkeels are one of the taus new op suits, don't know much about the wing

RIF is pic related

The 8 is Commander Farsight and his homeboys who make up a seperate tau faction called the Enclave.

The KX139 from FW is basically the Tau Titan at the moment.

If I was you i'd stick with normal tau mechs at the moment and get more comftable with the game before you delve into Enclave stuff but you should check out your local store and see if they can let you play or talk you through the suits.

Don't let them sell you Shadowsun or Farsight straight away though, stick to using a Tau Commander till you know what you are doing,
>>
>>43829207

That's hate for an OP faction, not hate for a crappy one. He's acting like people are hating on CSM NOW. More like people hate whining CSMfags than CSM itself.
>>
>>43829127
But they weren't whining, it was a simple argument.
They can't even propose an argument without some faggots confusing it for whining.

I don't play Chaos, but seeing people whining about imaginary whiners is truly some retarded shit.
>>
>>43829273
Wait, are Conscripts viable now?

I would love to see Azrael in a 50 man blob.

FUCK YOU 4++ WOOOO.
>>
>>43829295
Ghostkeels are fine, they are only a problem when taken in the OSC.
>>
>>43829287
>deck

Neowalker please go.
>>
>>43829273
>Expensive

MEQ HQs all cost about that much, and he's not bad for his points.

>cuts what little usefulness the cultists have

Uh what? They get sturdier and fix the morale problem. You just sound like a terrible player. Cultists ARE great. They're better than CSM and Tactical Marines outside of Battle Company.
>>
Did Formations put the last nail in the coffin for balance?
Maybe an extra couple nails after the casket was already shut?
>>
>>43829307

Conscripts are good but IG as a whole aren't.

>>43829273

You realize you can put cheap KDK guys like a Herald in your units and generate crazy Blood Tithe while fixing morale.
>>
>>43829344
No, that was Eldar.
>>
>>43829318
I meant dex, but I'm in multiple threads.

>>43829360
>IG aren't good

How so?
>>
>>43829307
Are you kidding? Conscripts are the new OP

how does 90 S3 rending shots as BS2 sound?
How about a 30 strong unit with LD 9 and stubborn?
How about all that for just 115 points?
>>
>>43829371
>6E Eldar: final nail in the coffin
>7E Eldar buffs: paving over the grave
>>
>>43829307
Sounds hilarious but you're probably better off just saving the points you would've dropped on Azrael for more conscripts.
>>
>>43829344
Formations were a good idea.
It was the perfect occasion to balance stuff, but internally (putting less useful units into good formations to see them more often) and externally (making better formations to less competitive factions), and to shake things a bit and keeping the interest high, which is not bad.

But then it's GW we are talking about...
>>
File: Why does he collect the masks.jpg (69 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
Why does he collect the masks.jpg
69 KB, 1278x720
>>43829344
They're not (always) unbalanced power grabs, it's a great way to field more units of a particular type than you'd usually be able too and it helps you play a certain way depending on what you want to do.
>>
>>43828808
With a single tear in her eye as she disintegrates him.
>>
>>43829381

IG's major weakness right now is most of their big guns are getting old in terms of power creep, and they the mobility to reach random objectives and muscle out enemy ObjSec units.
>>
>>43829344
>>43829371
The coffin is filled with nails, and the kicker is balance is still alive in this coffin. GW wanted balance to suffer so using black magic the cursed the coffin. Now balance is getting new nails impaled into it as the coffin struggles to hold the blood.
>>
>>43829414
Perfect.
>>
>>43829408

Formations were a shit idea. You want a good idea? Look at Horus Heresy alternate force org.
>>
>>43829389
SOURCE

I need this in my life
>>
File: Power Creep.jpg (46 KB, 599x399) Image search: [Google]
Power Creep.jpg
46 KB, 599x399
>>43829389
>I haven't got Mont'ka yet
>all you fags get it before me due to the interbutts

FUCK YOU :(

>>43829405
It would be fun with loads of other squads and then suddenly you go "hah! I roll 4++ for them all" Obviously it isn't as good as another squad and a half of Conscripts, but it's still funny.

>>43829417
Fucking power creep. Pic related.
>>
>>43829465
That is not power creep. That's some Warp thing.
>>
>>43829458
Mont'ka formation I assume.
>>
File: toxicrene.jpg (35 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
toxicrene.jpg
35 KB, 600x620
How much shit would I get for wanting to run this as a walking Hive tyrant .

I mean, it's such a meh unit anyways, so I don't see why anyone would really bitch, but I mentoned this idea to a friend earlier today and he raised his eyebrows (not at wanting to take a walking Hive tyrant , but using that model to represent it), just wanted to check here.
>>
>>43829338
You misunderstand; The Dark Apostle's fine. Dropping 100 points per squad to make them fearless isn't cheap.

>usefulness
They fix morale, sure, but they also only have a single CC attack (And they're terrible in close combat) and lose the ability to run, meaning they can't even pretend to try and be mobile to grab objectives.
>>
>>43829491
>non-flying Hive Tyrant

None.

Tyranid stuff just looks like a mass of blades and flesh and carapace to non-Tyranid players anyway.
>>
File: derp.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>43829465

Could be worse bro

Only means of getting Mont'ka is paying 90squid for the Kauyon and Mont'ka double set
>>
>>43829492

The Dark Apostle is the worst HQ in the CSM codex.

>Cultists are bad
>Zombies are bad
>Dark Apostles are fine

Are you trolling or something. Would you rather be using CSM and Berserkers for troops?
>>
>>43829458
>>43829465
90 points for 30 conscripts
25 points of a commissar for ld 9 and stubborn
first rank fire and second rank fire gives them 3 shots in rapid fire range
misfortune gives them rending.

Librarius conclave and conscripts is the new IG meta, throw on invisibility/prescience if you have more dice to burn.
>>
>>43829491

Convert it, dude.

Variant tyrants could be hella cool tweaked from that base, but don't just run it standard and not excpect confusion and shit.
>>
>>43829564

Are Conscripts no longer 4 points each? Did they go down to 3 in the new Tau stuff? That's retardedly low. A Conscript is worth less than a piece of wargear. Three sticks/knives are worth their life.
>>
>>43829537
The existance of bigger turds doesn't make a smaller turd better.
>>
>>43829628
pretty much
WS2 BS2 S3 T3 I3 W1 LD5 5+ 3pts
lasguns
>>
>>43829628
Well, it's fluffy.
>>
>>43828576
So umm, can you show me where it says that rhinos and razorbacks and land raiders are not vehicles? cuz i read through that and instantly understand you are taking an Iron Hands detachment so everything in it is Iron Hands. people trying to nit pick out vehicles as "not having chapter tactics" are butthurt about you rolling 5 ups and getting back the hull points then spend oh so many dice dealing. It doesnt state "models with Iron Hands chapter tactics have IWND" so i dont see the arguement
>>
>>43829634

Yes it does. We've been over this. Cheaper turds are preferable to expensive turds.
>>
>>43829695
>cuz i read through that and instantly understand you are taking an Iron Hands detachment so everything in it is Iron Hands.

Dude, it's literally spelled that the only things that are Iron Hands are things with Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands.

>It doesnt state "models with Iron Hands chapter tactics have IWND"

It says that Iron Hand vehicles have IWND. It also say that when they are referring to Iron Hands whatever they mean whatever with the Iron Hands chapter tactics.

Here's the quote.

>The rules will often refer to a model, character or unit by its Chapter; in all cases, this refers to a model, character or unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule that is drawn from the given Chapter.
>>
>>43828657
>KDK is tied to Codex CSM so don't expect a lot of changes
BA and Vanilla. Just saying...
>>
File: ChaosSpawn2.jpg (26 KB, 334x485) Image search: [Google]
ChaosSpawn2.jpg
26 KB, 334x485
Have a quick rules question- I'm going to run a Mutants Renegades and Heretics list from IA vol13. With mutant overlord and covenant of Tzeentch I can take (4) Chaos Spawn as non-compulsury troops. Do these 4 count against my 6 total troops for a battleforged force? Can I take 3 more as elites on top of the 4? Thanks
>>
>>43829655
Fuck me sideways. A Lasgun's 1 point, and the soldier is 3. It was a good balance.
Now, on top of giving them a formation, they cut the unit cost by 25%.

I don't care if it's to sell more models (it is), but this is just goddamn stupid. It makes Orkz' 7e codex look like a slap in the face, and the same will happen for nids and Chaos at this rate.
7e will just be 6e but with even less balance.
>>
>>43829784
>It also say that when they are referring to Iron Hands whatever they mean whatever with the Iron Hands chapter tactics.

So you're saying any unit in an Iron Hands detachment that doesn't have Chapter Tactics isn't an Iron Hands unit.
>>
>>43829704
By that logic, Chaos Landraiders are better than Marine because they're cheaper.
>>
>>43829797
>Do these 4 count against my 6 total troops

Any time something says you swap a unit's force org type for Troops, and you take them as a Troop, they eat up a Troop slot.

>Can I take 3 more as elites on top of the 4

Yes. 4 will be Troops, and 3 will be Elites. You might want to consider a way to keep track of which ones are troops and which ones aren't.
>>
I just got a box of Grey Knight Reclaimators to help build an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Power Armour. Do I use a Psychic Hood as his back, or do I use my spare cape from the Space Marine Commander box?
>>
>>43829797
yes, it will eat your troops slots, and you can also take 3 more squads in elites
>>
>>43829824
I'm not saying it. The rules are saying it. Read it again:

>The rules will often refer to a model, character or unit by its Chapter; in all cases, this refers to a model, character or unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule that is drawn from the given Chapter.

Now again

>this refers to a model, character or unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule that is drawn from the given Chapter.
>>
>>43829834

They don't have machine spirit. Are you saying if you had a unit for 100 points and the exact same unit in every way possible for 90 points, the 90 point one wouldn't be better?
>>
>>43829491
Give it the brains from the maleceptor half of the kit instead of the poison sacs in the carapace.
>>
>>43829881
Are you saying Chaos Marines and Cultists are identical in all respects except price?
>>
>>43829876

Good, you admitted it. Now try to explain why you are taking transports, which aren't Iron Hand units per your own words, in an Iron Hand detachment. And show the rule where it says a unit in a detachment must have a specific rule to be labeled as that detachment's faction.
>>
>>43829808
Orkz were always a joke race with no real purpose and people calls nids the "NPC race" for a reason. Chaos is infamously shit as well and only good for allying with daemons.
>>
>>43829896
They are when you shoot plasma weaponry at them.
>>
>>43829896

Are you saying the point advantage difference between GEQ and MEQ are non-existent? It's like you never even played 5E or 6E.
>>
>>43829307
conscripts are fucking phenomenal now
>throw commissar in there
>keep platoon commander behind them
>enemy either has to deal with it, or risk potentially 150 shots each fucking turn
and they are cheaper than goddamn grots at only 3ppm 1 for the armor, 1 for the gun and 1 for the frag, human is free.
all for 150-175 points for 50 dudes + a commissar
>>
>>43829927
Are cultists better than Fire Warriors, or Scouts then? They're cheaper, after all, and the same when you shoot heavy bolters at them.
>>
>>43829927
CSM can still get FNP against plasma guns.
>>
Heh, how's this silliness look?

Double NSF

HQ:
(2) Librarian w/falchions (110 points each)

Troops:
(2) Justicar w/sword, 2x Terminator w/sword+psycannon, 7x Terminator w/sword
(370 points each)

Heavy Support:
(4) Dreadknight w/greatsword, heavy psycannon, teleporter
(205 points each)

Fortifications:
Aegis Line w/Comms Array (70 points)

Total: 1850 points
>>
>>43829911
Why don't you read the fucking rules you retard?

Iron hands is not the faction you idiot. Space Marines is the faction. You don't choose the chapter of the detachment. You choose the chapter of all units with the chapter tactics rule and you must choose the same way. Units without chapter tactics don't choose a chapter.

>When choosing an army, you must make a note of which Chapter each unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule is drawn from

>All models in the same Detachment or Formation must be drawn from the same Chapter.

It's literally spelled out.
>>
>>43829980

They're better than Scouts but I don't know if they're better than FW or not. For every Scout you can take 2 Cultists. Are Scouts better than 2 shot, W2 models?
>>
>>43829628
they went down to 3 points in the IG codex, this is not new
>>
>>43830021
>>When choosing an army, you must make a note of which Chapter each unit with the Chapter Tactics special rule is drawn from

I choose Iron Hands, so that means Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands.

>>All models in the same Detachment or Formation must be drawn from the same Chapter.

I can't draw vehicles since they don't have Chapter Tactics to show they come from Iron Hands.
>>
>>43829808
conscripts have been 3 points since the last IG update, why are so many people acting like this is something new?
>>
>>43829980

Keep in mind the discussion is about whether or not Cultists or Zombies are good units within the CSM codex. Comparing units in a vacuum across codexes is stupid.

A unit that is good in one codex can be shit in another due to lacking its original support.
>>
>>43829953
you're forgetting, all these deathstars that rely on being hard to hit? ha ha like they give a fuck, they planned to kill you with BS2, you don't think they can do it with BS1?

Oh, and good luck charging them.
>>
File: knightsobdurate.png (220 KB, 391x494) Image search: [Google]
knightsobdurate.png
220 KB, 391x494
Thoughts on this scheme? I wanted to make my own chapter, rolled on the 1d4chan tables.

The capes won't be red, i'm going to paint them in an urban-camo style. I tried to go with something that looked good and i could just paint over in thin layers my current lighter-blue crimson fists.
>>
>>43830065

Not him, but why do you think the chapter tactics rule exists? Following your interpretation all marine units have the chapter tactics effect so it doesn't actually matter who has the rule.

All chapter tactics affect all "chapter" units. All Ultramarine units gets doctrines, all Imperial Fist models get Bolter drill.

If all Iron Hands vehicles means all vehicles that means that I can take units of Imperial Fists land speeder with heavy bolter and reroll those or that I have shrouded on Raven Guard Land Raider.
>>
>>43829953
I remember hearing about bubble wrapping tanks, is that how I'm supposed to do it?
>>
The general rule of 40k is that if you make something cheap enough, it will become good. Like Conscripts, or the Wraithknight. These aren't amazing units if they were costed appropriately or even overcosted. Most "bad" units simply cost too many points. The WK isn't even a good unit compared to other similar units, it's just dirt cheap. Same with the Riptide.

Most CSM stuff is a tiny bit cheaper than loyalist stuff, but they lose ATKSNF and Chapter Tactics and other stuff that's probably worth more than the point savings. And then there's the times when GW makes the CSM version MORE expensive for some reason.
>>
>>43830065
You are missing the part where it specifies, by giving an example, that this rule applies to models WITH chapter tactics and not those without. It says that models have to have the same chapter tactic to be part of the same detachment yet nowhere does it say that the models need to have chapter tactics, the rule is there to stop you mixing and matching chapter tactics.
>>
>>43830175
you can literally use your blob as mobile cover, just remember the commissar so they don't run away
>>
>>43830014

Seems sweet. Have you tried it?
>>
>>43830149
Looks good
>>
>>43830149
Also, could i get critique on this list? It's supposed to be a softball tournament, introducing the newer players to tournament play and such.

+++ Talon Task Force 1500 December Tournament (1500pts) +++
Battle Demi Company..... 715 Points
Chaplain: Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack, Crozius, Panoply of the Crusader(lot of chaos in my meta)
Tac squad: HB, Rhino.
Tac Squad: Grav-gun, Combi-grav, Rhino.
Tac Squad: Meltagun, Combi-melta, Drop Pod.
Devstator Squad: 4 Missile Launchers with flakk missiles.
Landspeeder: Multi-melta.

1st Company Task Force....785 Points
5x Sternguard Veterans with Combi-melta, Drop-pod
10x Sternguard Veterans with Combi-grav, Grav-cannons, drop pod
5x Vanguard Veterans, 4x Storm Shield, 6x Lightning Claw
>>
>>43830149
Space Marines don't wear Camo.

"Imperial Guard wear camo. They teach the enemy to fear what they cannot see. Space Marines do not wear camo... We teach the enemy to fear what they can quite plainly see."
>>
>>43830041
Are Cultists better than Wraithknights, then? After all, you can take sixty cultists for the price of a Wraithknight.

>43830088
What exactly do you think Cultists/Zombies are good For? Camping your max three objectives in your deployment zone, going to ground every turn for 3+ up cover and praying you get those three objectives enough to win the game when the opponent walks over and routes all of them without any effort?
>>
>>43830175
Anything shooting through a unit grants a 5+ cover save regardless of if it obscures 25%.
>>
>>43830149

It's just Ultramarines veteran/Sons of Medusa style white helmet with black shoulders like Flesh Tearers/Carcharodons.

It's a good scheme. If you have veterans or are going to put helmets on your sergeants, you may want to figure out how you want to show veterans and sergeants and veteran sergeants, and what color you want their helmet or stripes/markings.
>>
>>43830195

Not yet, would have to proxy DKs. It just seems so absurd that it might be worth a go.
>>
anyone know any good 40k books on Astra militaria. thinking about getting back into the game and i'm looking for some fluff to kinda get myself more into it this time
>>
>>43830251
Not anymore. That's a 6th edition rule. Now you need 25% cover.
>>
File: Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg (114 KB, 525x952) Image search: [Google]
Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg
114 KB, 525x952
>>43830230
Raptors and Howling Griffons don't agree with you.

Camo on Space Marines is still stupid though
>>
>>43830161
>Following your interpretation all marine units have the chapter tactics effect so it doesn't actually matter who has the rule.

That's because the argument was to show RAW doesn't work. You shouldn't need to be told this at all.

Your argument is wrong, because some Chapter Tactics bonuses don't work for vehicles, and the IH one specifically states vehicles. If they were ever "going to add CT to more vehicles" in the future, they could simply change the IH rule as well. Right now it's just walkers, so there's no reason it should say vehicle and not walker. GW doesn't write "all Bolt type weapons" when they have rules that only affect Bolters.
>>
File: portrait.jpg (3 KB, 134x204) Image search: [Google]
portrait.jpg
3 KB, 134x204
>>43829893

That's a solid idea actually, gonna do that.

Alternatively cover them up with armour, but something, but we'll see.
>>
>>43830256

I think 4-6 Dreadknights is the only way to play GK right now. They're pretty good vs Ghost Keel/Riptides. I'd love to buiild it, the rest of the list just seems so meh, though.
>>
>>43830277

Pretty much no one agrees with that quote. It's from "We Don't Allow Our Scouts to use Sniper Rifles or Camo Cloaks" Red Scorpions.
>>
Okay so now that I am doing armies based off narratives I am making, and am getting my CSM fix from 30k, I have no idea what to do with the 40k CSM/Daemon stuff that I have. I don't particularly enjoy those armies as much since they are almost entirely Daemon-based with Tzeentch Daemons and Nurgle Daemon Princes and whatnot. Not to mention most people I face don't like them either because of Invisibility cheese and endless warp charges cheese. Should I just sell them? Do you think I'll find anyone at my FLGS who would be willing to trade some Dark Eldar that I need for my new Dark Eldar narrative army for my Daemons?

Also would like more critiques on my planned Dark Eldar army here: >>43828493 the 5 Talos units are fluffy and fit my narrative since I am a Haemonculus, but it's not too much, right?
>>
>>43830272
Nope.

"If a target us partially obscured from the firer by models from a third unit it receives a 5+ cover save... If the a model fires through the gaps between models in an intervening unit the target is in cover, even if it is completely visible to the firer."
>>
>>43830285
>Your argument is wrong, because some Chapter Tactics bonuses don't work for vehicles, and the IH one specifically states vehicles.

In order to get the benefit of the CT you must have the CT rule.

Iron Hands Chapter tactics affect vehicles, yes? In order to gain this bonus you must have Chapter Tactics AND have the unit be a vehicle, all good so far? Good, now you ask yourself; Do rhinos/predators/land raiders have chapter tactics? No, so they fulfill only HALF of the requirement to gain IWND therfore they dont get IWND. Dreadnoughts are vehicles and they also have Chapter Tactics, so they gain IWND.
>>
Can you use any of the Damocles book White Scar/Ravenguard formations for the Blood Angels book, or only codex SM?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.