[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychic Rebel Quest 49
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3
File: OP pic.jpg (58 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
OP pic.jpg
58 KB, 334x500
You are Shee Hyul, rebel leader, psychic and Reunited. Your world is ruled by inhuman creatures and this has gone on far too long, it’s time to fight back.

Character Sheet http://pastebin.com/fYSgcZdE
Rules http://pastebin.com/LEEi5A3u
Archive http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Psychic%20Rebel%20Quest
Thread 28 http://pastebin.com/s3NR7dqH
Setting http://pastebin.com/95D5RNhP
Business http://pastebin.com/NwspZmKw
Allies http://pastebin.com/yVgtiFeu
Ally Powers http://pastebin.com/Xm6UGDyX
QM Twitter https://twitter.com/anAspiringQM
QM Askfm http://ask.fm/AnAspiringQM

The next day you set out with Rainya on your date, after proposing to her, and with the encouragement of your friends, you decided that it was time to treat your new fiancée.

You rise and set out early, you made a list of things you wanted to do today, and you'll be a while getting through them all. You have five Rainyas with you today, and thanks to her shapeshifting powers, they all look different, so that together you look like a group of friends.

First things first...Space Lazar Battle!

When they heard you planned to spend the whole day together, your friends all wanted to pick an activity each for you. Lirael thinks the new Space Lazar Battle virtual reality game is the best thing ever!

You and the Rainyas don your costumes and sit through the introductory lecture. The games coordinator explains the rules.

“The laser weapons can't hurt you” he explains “and the environments are just high-definition holograms. The rules are fairly simple: 2 shots and you're out. You need to go back to base to reset your health and there is a longer delay each time, now” he looks out over the large group “we've got about 70 people here” he says “so how about Warring Bases? Get yourselves into groups and then pick a place to defend. The winners are the team who don't get their base captured by the enemy, or who last the full two hours.”
>>
You and the Rainyas form a group yourselves, and you politely rebuff requests by others to join.

“And” says the coordinator, grinning “to make this more exciting, we'll use ultimate crossover rules – the base you pick will be from a fictional genre and your weapons, armour and base defences will match it.”

“Wow” says Rainya, looking over the arena: a massive warehouse-sized area featuring mash-up of ancient ruins, spacecraft, colony-level tech and monster-movie scenes.

Pick your base?

>Explorer Base (laser guns, light armour, robot defence guns)
>Mining Base (plasma drill melee weapon, medium armour, mining drone defenders)
>Spaceship Base (short range laser guns, medium armour, armoured base with few entry points but no defenders)
>Colony Base (shotguns, no armour, massive critter defenders and hostile environment)
>Horror Base (handguns, no armour, zombies and mutants that might turn on you)
>Military Base (heavy laser guns, medium armour, robot defence guns)
>Kingdom Systems (plasma swords, heavy armour, archaic-looking castle)

And with your abilities and skills, beating regular folk at a game is going to be easy. But what do you do?

>Be sporting, give them a chance to win
>Let them have fun, but you're winning
>Crush them!
>Other (?)
>>
>>43826240
>Explorer Base (laser guns, light armour, robot defence guns)
Rainya is only good with pistols so its this or Horror Base.
>Crush them!
>>
>>43826240
>Kingdom Systems
>Let them have fun, but you're winning.
>>
>>43826240
>Crush them!
>>
>>43826240
>>
>>43826240
>>
>>43826240
It's the most fitting option.
>>
>>43826319
>It's the most fitting option.
Its also the easiest for the inevitable "The game turned serious" twist.
>>
>>43826220
Shee doesn't have her latest XP purchases in her charsheet which is a bit of a problem because Lirael has already Vi Hyul, but she can't have it higher than Shees which is currently 0 (and would otherwise have been 4 rather than 5 so thats a issue too).
>>
>>43826240
>Crush them!
>>
>>43826388
I'm pretty sure he just hasn't updated Shee yet because the artifice cybernetics aren't finished being written up yet.
>>
>>43826418
The artifice purchase was even earlier though.
>>
>>43826450
Welcome to PRQ
>>
>>43826462
No idea what thats supposed to mean, Pally is usually very fast in implementing these things so its not unlikely he just forgot to put in the other stuff over being busy with cybernetics.
>>
>>43826462
Nah, its usually done by the next thread.
>>
Horror + Let them have fun, writing.

Also, just updated character sheet, though Artifice hasn't been written yet, it will appear in time.
>>
Our bloodline is limited to our favor with Baalzamon since we can't raise it higher than our rank in FoL. Gotta hit 20 to max it out. Anybody wanna seek favor with him if we somehow miraculously find ourselves with a stretch of relatively free time? If it's horribly sketchy just turn it down. Not like we lose anything from it.
>>
Parents just called, will be a delay in update, thanks for your patience.
>>
>>43826770
>Anybody wanna seek favor with him
Favour rating and the "seeking Favour" thing are not directly related.
We don't automatically get favour rating for doing a task, its directly rewarded with a gift/boon.
I'm not even sure we could ask for higher Favour as boon, because I'm pretty sure thats breaking the rules.
>>
>>43826793
Alright.

Time to place bets on how long it takes before suddenly assassins. It's a date with Rainya so I'm guessing within 4 updates.
>>
>>43826809
2, tops.
I expect the guns to be real at the very least.

Though I've been thinking, if we can't get the assassins to attack us, then why don't we just make a expedition in one of the other Hives we know are controlled and seek out the local Reunited directly?
>>
>>43826836
Because we have enough problems already that we don't need to seek more out actively?
>>
>>43826851
The problem is already there, we wouldn't be seeking out anything new.
>>
>>43826804
Really? I coulda sworn that we could ask em for a job to directly increase the favour rating. I know we've never done it but we haven't done all that much favour seeking in general. Once for King, I think?
>>
>>43826851
Do we? Right now we are pretty good on the problem count, and we might either find the Reunited with the assassins, or even a potential ally against the others.
>>
>>43826862
>I coulda sworn that we could ask em for a job to directly increase the favour rating.
We can ask them for a job to get a specific gift or some boon(like the demon-skin for example). We once did that with King for a mind-protecting gift.
It didn't increase our Favour iirc.
>>
>>43826862
That favor increase was because we did something King approved of very shortly after completing the task, IIRC.
>>
>>43826932
We got Favour from him during the task yes, for obvious reasons going on a mission given by agod has high chances for situations allowing for Favour from him.
We got more Baalzamon favour on that mission though, and I think the only time we got favour with two gods at once.
>>
>>43826885
>>43826932
No I wasn't saying the King task gave us the favour, I was saying that I thought we could do a task specifically to increase it rather than ask for a boon.

If we can't then I guess we'll just have to do things the old fashioned way and scumbag our way into greater power when opportunities present themselves.
Hoping we can wring at least a +1 from killing Kulrathe but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
>>
>>43827052
Maybe we can raise the cap on Gifts beyond Favour at a high enough Impossibility rating.
>>
“This way” you say to the Rainyas, heading for the horror base as they other groups all head for different bases. You all scout out the base – a ruined mansion with creepy-looking architecture, populated by holograms of mutants and zombies.

The Rainyas take up firing positions at windows and doors and the one next to you aims her gun at a nearby base and mutters “prepare to burn, bitches...”

“Rainya” you say chidingly “let them have a little fun.”

Rainya rolls her eyes “fine, fine” she says “if you insist, I suppose it wouldn't be any fun if this was over too quickly.”

The first attack comes as soon as the loud horn announces the start: a group of eager young men rush your position and are picked off by you and Rainya, rushing back to their colony base as quickly as they charged you. When they are taught that attacking your base is suicidal (a lesson it takes some time to learn) you start scoping out your next target.

You choosing which base you want to attack first, when Rainya spots the all-girls group from the Spaceship base sneaking up on your rear door. You wait until they are almost on you, and then you dive out of the window firing, as the Rainyas pop up from behind tombstones and hoses them down with holographic blasts.

With the girls defeated, and heading back to their base in a loose mass, you and Rainya rush past them, eliciting outraged yells as you heads for their base, getting there ahead of them and hitting the self-destruct button and triggering a booming noise and multi-coloured lights as the base is destroyed, and the team eliminated.

The rest of the game follows the same pattern: you let the other teams overextend themselves and then you rush into their bases. You do of course draw things out, having some tense firefights amid enemy bases.
>>
>>43827052
>I was saying that I thought we could do a task specifically to increase it
To that
>I'm not even sure we could ask for higher Favour as boon, because I'm pretty sure thats breaking the rules.
I don't think we know for sure, but generally the rules for Favour are extremly strict since its the part thats most important to the Five themselves.
>>
“The real challenge” gasps a red-faced, grinning Rainya, crouched next to you behind a wooden crate in cover “is that these vests only let us take a couple of hits, makes it interesting at least.”

“Yeah” you say, popping up just in time to shoot a guy who was climbing across the cargo netting on the ceiling before he could drop down behind you “I'm not used to being this fragile.”

Eventually you assault the final base: The military base held by a bunch of rich-looking young men and women in expensive outfits that you think are supposed to be military, but which look far too elaborate.

Still, they have some level of skill and even manage to take one of the Rainyas out as you methodically clear the base. Eventually the last foe is taken out as Rainya pops up behind him after crawling through a grating system and plants the final shot in his back.

Pity, you'd been diving from cover to cover for the last few minutes getting close to him, and were just about to take him out, ah well.

You step out of cover and offer to shake your foes hand, “Good game” you start to say but he cuts you off.

“You cheating bitch!” he screams at Rainya, and then takes his fake laser rifle, reverses it, and smashes the butt into her face.

Rainya just blinks, as if surprised, you know she's far too tough for that to hurt her. There's a pause of a few seconds and her attacker and his allies gape a little, then Rainya remembers that she's supposed to be just an ordinary girl and she stumbles back, hands clutched over her face, swearing and even sounding like she's crying. Rainyas other bodies are outside, you kept the final assault to just two of you, to make it less unfair.

“What the fuck?!” you yell as you rush to her side, playing up the part of the concerned friend. You can hear the coordinator blowing repeatedly on his whistle as he runs up. You resist the urge to punch the guys head off, just. How dare he! How dare he?!
>>
The skinny rich kid in the faux-military uniform turns to you and says “she got what she deserved! Cheating whore!” He waves his gun at you “you were in on it too, no way a bunch of girls could beat us, we go to Spire Military Academy!”

Around you the other guys on his team close in, though the girls hang back, smiles on their faces, as if anticipating what's to come next.

From behind her hands Rainya winks at you: she's not really hurt. But he doesn't know how tough Rainya is, maybe he should be taught a lesson.

What do you do?

>Let the game coordinator handle it
>Knock him down
>Use power (what?)
>Beat them all down! (The King of Hell approves)
>Other (?)
>>
>>43827086
I don't think it was explicitly forbidden and Baalzi is all about interpreting the rules to get the most bang for your buck. Could anyone argue that favour with the gods isn't a boon itself? It's not like he'd get offended at us for asking, he didn't seem to mind other attempts at rules lawyering we did so long as we dropped it when he said it wouldn't fly.
>>
>>43827113
>>
>>43827113
>Knock him down
Beating all down just gets the police involved which is a problem for many reasons, not to mention it ends our little date already here.
>>
>>43827115
>and Baalzi is all about interpreting the rules to get the most bang for your buck
Oh Baalzi would totally do it, but I don't consider it worth pissing off Hell-dad.
>>
>>43827113
>Knock him down
If the others try shit, fuck them up too.
>>
I may increase the bloodline power cap to that of a normal vampire power, just to keep things simple, will make a decision by thread end
>>
>>43827113
Wasn't favour above 10 supposed to be harder? This seems fairly trivial.
>>
>>43827113
>>Knock him down
>>
>>43827113
>Knock them all down!
>>
>>43827155
Fair enough, I suppose. How about we go at the issue more directly, then. We want more favour mostly because we want more FoL, which we only want for the Bloodline cap. Why not just ask for the ability to pump even more power into our clan? And as a bonus we'll probably have an opportunity or two for favour if we're doing a task Baalzamon gives us.
>>
>>43827196
The consequences of it are not. It's basically outing ourselves.
>>
>>43827192
Please don't, I like the conflict it creates with needing the Baalzi favour.
>>
>>43827192
Isn't this exactly how the Favour system should work though?
Stuff we want being gated by decisions we don't?
And its so beautifully brilliant that Shee would need Baalzi favour to advance a power that she got to trick him.
Seriously that shouldn't be lost.
>>
>>43827217
It's not so much a conflict for me. I don't like Baalzamon, and I don't share anon's definition of what's too sketchy very often, as such I'll never vote for asking for Baalzamon favor under any circumstances.
>>
>>43827214
>The consequences of it are not.
While true to a extent, the consequences are clearly more a Jagga thing.
While a King approach to the consequences IS trivial, just mindwipe everyone.
>>
>>43827246
Other people disagree clearly so there 7s that.
>>
So just knock him down it is, writing.
>>
>>43827113
>>
>>43827246
>It's not so much a conflict for me.
Then you wouldn't get more Bloodline powers, thats exactly how the system is supposed to work.
Thats the entire point.
Some shit you're not willing to do, so you miss out on powers.
>>
>>43827192
On a purely fluff level I can't decide what I like better. On the one side it's a power that clearly comes from Baalzamon, but on the other it's just as clearly been filtered through Shee very heavily to get where it is. If you do make it so we don't need 20 favor for 20 bloodline, I feel it should still require a pretty high favor.
>>
>>43827367
They're barely even vampires and they barely have anything to do with Baalzamon's domains. They literally don't have shadows and are predisposed towards loyalty and an inability to betray one another. The closest they come to Baalzamon is that the power gives +Int and they're better than the average bear at mindfuckery.
>>
>>43827289
Another part of the system is that Shee can ignore or bend that part of the system thanks to her aspects.
>>
>>43827463
Its Baalzamons domain because the power that made it possible was Baalzamons.
>>
>>43827463
Feast of Life, what made Shee into a vampire and is the relevant power here, is Baalzamons, so they do fall directly into his domain.
>>
>>43827113
>Other (?)
>Use Telepathy to illusion them into thinking we're fae and order the jackass' friends to beat him.
>>
>>43827480
The Five are still way above Shees ability to warp reality. She can minorly influence the gifts at best right now, outright ignoring those restrictions is clearly beyond her means.
>>
>>43827529
Which is why she can force herself to manifest any Gift she's had the capacity to gain at any point regardless of the Five's will.
>>
>>43827480
I'd be okay with letting us buy Vi Hyul to our Rank in Impossibility. But that just makes the problem worse.
>>
>>43827113
Assumption of Authority.

Pretend to be someone from the academy and rip him a new butthole.
>>
>>43827536
Its not regardless of their will though, they laid the seed of potential for that gift into her to begin with.
>>
>>43827540
Impossibility seems to build on the pre-existing cap, so it'd be Baalzamon Favor + Impossibility.
>>
As the prat waves the gun at you, you easily dodge his clumsy strike and plant your fist into his mid-section, remembering to pull your blow at the last minute so you don't put punch right through him.

He folds up around your fist with a whimpering noise and then falls to the ground wheezing as his buddies surround you.

Rainya is making a miraculous recovery as her other bodies come running in too and it looks like the start of a fully-fledged brawl as the guy on the floor gasps out “get them...”

The Game Coordinator gets there first however, still blowing his whistle like his life depends on it.

“No fighting!” he insists “any more and I call the cops!”

The military academy students pick their buddy up and and retreat, glaring at you.

“Good game!” the coordinator congratulates you as he hands you some coupons “as winners you get 25% off your next booking and you qualify to join the annual Mega Match were you'll be pitted against the toughest players in a...” He blathers on but you ignore him, heading back to dump your gear with Rainya.

“That was pretty brave” says Rainya, taking your hand and squeezing it, smiling “I'm impressed.”

“Brave” you bark out a laugh when you're alone, stowing your guns and armour “either one of us could have taken those idiots with one hand.”

“No that Shee” says Rainya “if the cops had been called, we could have ended up in a fight, y'know” she leans in to whisper in your ear “Kulrathe or fae” You frown, that hadn't occurred to you, the only thing on your mind was paying that idiot back for what he did to Rainya.

From the look on Rainyas face she seems to realise it too, and kisses you on the cheek “you're sweet” She says “so, what's next?”

“Ah....” you say. You recall you and Rainya each go to pick an activity too, except you forgot to pick yours.

What do you do?

>Early lunch
>Museum
>Amusement Park
>Walk in the gardens
>Rainya can pick 2 activities
>Other (?)
>>
>>43827551
No it doesn't, there is no precedent for that.
>>
>>43827567
Other than skill levels and stat caps.
>>
>>43827565
>Rainya can pick 2 activities
>>
>>43827551
This is probably getting into convoluted territory but what about Baalzamon favour + one-half the average of Impossibility and his favour? That way it's a boost while still taking into account that our aspects are waaaaaaaaay smaller.
>>
>>43827546
You mean like Baalzamon did with granting Feast of Life in the first place?
>>
>>43827565
>You heard through the Grapevine (Kae) there was a concert playing somewhere nearby.

So, who thinks we should dump a couple hundred thousand into the restaurant?
>>
>>43827598
Only sensible rule seems to me
>>43827540
>I'd be okay with letting us buy Vi Hyul to our Rank in Impossibility.
>>
>>43827565
>>Rainya can pick 2 activities
>>
>>43827565
>Museum
>>
>>43827608
We can generate 250000 credits worth of items per hour in our realm if we ever wanted to make some cash. Selling them would be a bit of a hassle tho.

>>43827565
>Amusement Park
tunnel of love
because it's totally the perfect place for assassins to attempt assassinations
>>
>>43827565
>Amusement Park
>>
>>43827565
>Walk in the gardens
>>
looks like a Rainya pick/Amusement Park tie, going with park
>>
>>43827623
That's not really a sensible rule since it acts directly opposite to Impossibility on a fundamental level. It'd be better to change nothing at all and keep it locked to Baalzamon's favour and Feast of Life.
>>
>>43827736
>since it acts directly opposite to Impossibility on a fundamental level
No it doesn't. It lets Shee transcend normal barriers as much as the power of her rule defying is strong.
>>
>>43827756
And as it stands replacing the Vi Hyul limit with Impossibility's rank isn't transcending barriers, it's raising them.
>>
>>43827736
It does make sense with the precedent we have for these things, like our ability to transcend stat caps by cap+impossibility, only here we have no base to fall back on so it would be cap=0.
And our gift warping which is also highest gift+gift number.
>>
>>43827778
>isn't transcending barriers
Its breaking the barriers of Favours, that this happens to be less right now is irrelevant.
>>
>>43827813
It stands to reason that unless Baalzamon deliberately withdraws his favor, Impossibility would push beyond the limits of that starting point instead of starting from nothing.
>>
>>43827813
It has to actually go beyond the limit to be breaking a barrier. Theoretically breaking a limit isn't the same thing as actually doing it.
>>
>>43827841
The limit being transcended here is the fact of FoL restricting Vi Hyul, not the height of the Favour.
>>
>>43827841
Its more about breaking the connection between Bloodline power and FoL.
It makes no sense for Shee to have higher gift rating than Favour anyway, but the bloodline we can change.
>>
>>43827841
>It has to actually go beyond the limit to be breaking a barrier.
Thats not what Impossibility does, it just allows Shee to impose her reality on the world, it doesn't follow any concrete restrictions of "must break barriers or limits", its just what it happens to do.
>>
>>43827883
Nobody was ever talking about having a gift at a higher rank than favour rating, just bloodline rank. We can already have vampire powers above our favour rating, bloodline is the only exception currently.
>>
>>43827923
Corruption is imposing on reality, Impossibility is surpassing the limits of others.
>>
>>43827923
You're confusing Impossibility and Corruption. Impossibility breaks limits, Corruption changes the world.
>>
>>43827947
>Impossibility is surpassing the limits of others
No. It isn't.
All the freaky lovecraft stuff Shee does with new colours and literal shooting stars etc. thats all Impossibility not corruption.
>>
>>43827947
Nope, you might have missed the early entries for Impossibility but it literally usex the yentence "Impose Shees own reality".
>>
>>43827947
Regardless of the other discussion, this is wrong.
You can look back at our first date with Rainya in the Realm as a good example for how Impossibility works, also look at stuff like how Impossibility changes some powers, with Regenration for example how Limb come crawling back or how she can bend every way she wants, thats not Corruption.
>>
>>43827974
>>43827985
Impossibility is Shee herself ignoring the rules of reality.
Corruption is changing the world to be what she wants.
Corruption+Impossibility together is breaking the world and rewriting its rules.
>>
“Did you forget?” Asks Rainya, a smile growing on her face.

“No” you assure her in a lofty tone, as you look around for inspiration “I just wanted it to be a surprise is all.” You spot a poster advertising an amusement part with various rides and claiming to have the scariest ride in the Hive – a vertical drop through 3 Hive levels!

“We're going to Konways Thrills and Rides” you say, surreptitiously reading the address off the poster “this way.”

Rainya gives you a tolerant smile, as if she can see right through you.

XXX

A couple of hours later you grumble “well there are plenty of rides, but where are the thrills?” as you dismount from the 'scariest ride in the Hive'.

The Rainyas just stumble after you, faces pale and one mumbles “Oh by the Mother, I'm glad that's over.”

“So am I” you say “that wasn't scary or weird at all.” all around you the other passengers are stumbling away, some shaking and sweating, one stumbles to the nearest bin and starts throwing up noisily.

The spinning, falling, changes in gravity, loud noises and blasts of subsonic noise designed to mess with peoples inner ears seem to have had the intended effect on most of those who tried the ride, just not on you.

“Hey” says Rainya, after you've been walking for a few minutes “how about that one?” You wonder over “The Tunnel of Everlasting Love?” you say sceptically, reading the title of what looks like a sedate boat ride in the darkness “really? Sounds a bit cliché.”

“But its a nice calm ride” says Rainya with conviction, her face still pale.

You give her a concerned look, seems that ride affected her pretty badly “how about we just take a seat” you lead her over to a bench by the Tunnel “while you take a few deep breaths”.
>>
>>43827947
>>43827969
Its not quite that simple. Impossibility forces Shees reality on others, Corruption molds other people to Shees will.
Its a subtle difference but different, think of it as a difference between active and passive if you will.
>>
“Yeah” says Rainya, sinking onto the bench. As you sit there a young woman comes rushing up and asks you both “have you seen a guy called Jonny? About so tall” she gestures “black hair, kinda dorky-looking.” She looks a year or two older than you, very pretty and obviously dressed up for a date.

“No, sorry” you say, sitting amidst the Rainyas “haven't seen him.”

“Ugh!” she groans “We were supposed to meet by the Tunnel of Eternal Love, he must've gotten lost, if he asks, tell him I'll be back in fifteen minutes” and then she disappears into the crowd around you.

A few minutes later a tall, thin young man with a protruding adams apple comes running up, out of breath and seeing you and Rainya he gasps out “did a really beautiful girl called Klarise come through here?”

You try to share an annoyed look with Rainya, but they all have their eyes closed and are just breathing deeply, as if trying to purge the memory of that last ride.

You look him up and down, he looks the same age as the girl but...she looked way out of his league. You wonder how they ended up together.

How do you respond?

>Haven't seen her
>She said she'd be back in 15 minutes
>Ignore him
>I just saw her go into the Tunnel with this good-looking built guy...(This pleases Baalzamon)
>Other (?)
>>
Corruption imposes Shee's version of reality, bending it to her will.

Impossibility means that the rules of reality mean less and less where Shee is concerned.
>>
>>43828079
>>
>>43828079
>>
>>43828079
>>She said she'd be back in 15 minutes
>>
>>43828079
>I just saw her go into the Tunnel with this good-looking built guy...(This pleases Baalzamon)
>>
>>43828079
>did a really beautiful girl called Klarise come through here?

>I just saw her
Baalzi, Baalzi pls. Don't go back to encourage stupid lying.
Seriously.
>>
>>43828079
>>
>>43828079
How exactly are we supposed to know her name and if we have seen her if you don't describe her you idiot.
>>
>>43828111
It's just a prank bro.
>>
>>43828158
Thats just missing the point that the lie itself is incredibly dumb because its self-contrdicting.
>>
>>43828158
Anon.
Anon pls.
>>
Paragon it is, writing
>>
File: pocketoli.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pocketoli.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>not wanting to test their relationship
If they're so insecure and paranoid that some random girl's lies could torpedo their relationship then breaking them up just saves em both time and pain.
>>
>>43828320
Why would we care though?
>>
“I think so” you tell the guy, describing the girl you just saw “said she'd be back in fifteen minutes.”

“Ok, yeah, good, that's good” he says “thanks” he paces back and forth nervously, muttering what he thinks are charming and witty phrases as he tries to smooth his hair down with slightly shaking hands. Even at this distance you can smell the amount of deodorant and aftershave he's wearing.

Eventually his date returns and they get into a narrow boat and it glides slowly into the Tunnel of Eternal Love. You try to shake a nagging feeling that someone is watching you.

Eventually Rainya has recovered and you find a place to have a light lunch, before heading off to her activity of choice: a simulated spacecraft ride.

XXX

“Well this is nice” you say, as you all drift in a small space-shuttle through holographic starfields and vapour clouds “much less painful than the drop” you shoot Rainya a teasing grin.

“Definitely” she says, her bodies looking around at the scenery, only half-listening to you.

“So Rainya” you say “why a starship ride?”

Finally she focuses, turning to answer you.

“I want to go into space” Rainya admits, fidgeting a little as if revealing an embarrassing secret “I want to travel, see new worlds, see why lies beyond this boring little dusty planet. I know, I know” she says “you have to win and stuff but still, one day” she sounds wistful “I bet you think it's silly.”

“It's not silly” you say “I can even travel to other worlds, you know that, why bother with a spaceship?”

“Because its a mystery” says Rainya “space is mostly...nothing but there's all that undiscovered stuff out there, things we haven't even got names for yet, it just sounds like it would be really interesting, y'know?”

You admit, sometimes when you could see the stars, a rare event back in dust town, you used to dream of going to visit them too, if only to get away from this world.
>>
Eventually the ride comes to an end and you and Rainya exit the simulator and wander back the queue awaiting their turn. You feel twitchy, kinda paranoid, like you're waiting for assassins to strike.

Rainya seems kinda withdrawn after her ride out amongst the (fake) stars, you wonder what to say to cheer her up.

(You can pick multiple options)

>Tell her about Devs chosen activity (coming next)
>Pull her into a secluded alcove for some private cuddling time
>She wanted a palace, promise to get her a spaceship instead (Family +1, plot/minion warning)
>Try to be funny, get her to laugh
>Other (?)
>>
>>43828666
>>Pull her into a secluded alcove for some private cuddling time
>>
>>43828666
>She wanted a palace, promise to get her a spaceship instead (Family +1, plot/minion warning)
>>
>>43828666
Lirael wanted one too, so that works. We can train.
>>
>>43828666
Wait what was Dev's chosen activity?
>>
>>43828666

Need to make a giant swimming pool ship
>>
>>43828666
>>
>>43828666
>>
>>43828666
>>
>>43828712
you'll find out, soon
>>
>>43828666
Get more Artifice and fabricate the parts in our realm. It won't be that hard. We could even put a mobile portal to our realm in it.

>>43828720
One big enough to use with Star Ocean.
>>
>>43828648
>“I want to go into space” Rainya admits, fidgeting a little as if revealing an embarrassing secret “I want to travel, see new worlds, see why lies beyond this boring little dusty planet. I know, I know” she says “you have to win and stuff but still, one day” she sounds wistful “I bet you think it's silly.”
I'm pretty sure she mentioned that before on our first date, when we went up that huge skyscraper or whatever it was.
>>
>>43828712
>>43828758
Being Assassinated
>>
>>43828760
>We could even put a mobile portal to our realm in it.
We don't need to, Void is "the space between th stars".
We just give it a Void drive to move us that way everywhere.
>>
>>43828813
I'd rather just spend the 5 extra hours channeling PE/Vitae into making a portal in the closet than bank on that interpretation being able to fill every situation we might want a portal for.
>>
>>43828813
If we were outside of any gravity wells we could just Teleport the ship with our mind and sufficient Psychic Energy.
>>
>>43828859
Voidwalker has no mass limit, we could easily move a ship of any size with it.
>>
>>43828881
It's not just about moving the ship, it's about having access to our realm while we're on it.
>>
>>43828881
>>43828666

Looking it up more I just saw we have no actual Void Ranks in our charsheet, that should be fixed.
>>
>>43828917
It's near the bottom under Your Own Gifts, right above Vampire Powers.
>>
>>43828881
Void Jump has a mass limit of 20kg. Void portals have no mass limit, but they do start throwing Con rolls against eldritch damage and insanity checks at anyone who doesn't have void powers.

>>43828917
Look harder.
>>
>>43828941
Thanks.
Should probably be moved to be togther with the Nihil Dominus abilities, for ease of reference.
>>
File: shadow ship.jpg (54 KB, 667x450) Image search: [Google]
shadow ship.jpg
54 KB, 667x450
>Rainyas ship

Well, maybe, just an idle thought
>>
>>43828972
>ut they do start throwing Con rolls against eldritch damage and insanity checks at anyone who doesn't have void powers.
> unless led by one who has a number of ranks in this ability equal to the number of creatures following him
>>
>>43828972
Pretty sure if wemove a ship through a Void gate that counts as leading people.
>>
>>43829036
Might be able to give the ship the ability to create gates under it's own power and protect all of it's passengers, in case we ever need to move more than 20 Voidless passengers at once.
>>
>>43829029
Well it would likely be more round or at least have large wings, to make most use of the room given by our Aura, since we need to cover it with that for moevement anyway, it can't be "too" long.
>>
>>43829029
Is using Antinite in ship-to-ship combat a thing?
>>
>>43829140
Generally no, due to the expense. But a few ships do have antinite weaponry.
>>
>>43828972
>Void portals have no mass limit, but they do start throwing Con rolls against eldritch damage and insanity checks at anyone who doesn't have void powers.
Which actually makes it even better as method of movement, since it makes follwing us very dangerous.
>>
Pally, how fast can the average ships in this setting go? Because this void engine thing people are talking about here maxes out at around 300 km/s if we pump stupid amounts of power into it like Void 20 along with lots of willpower boosts and some kind of duplication power to enable it to constantly cycle ahead and make portals to minimize time outside them. Way faster than anything we have now but it doesn't sound like it's going to be as fast as the kinds of things that this setting would have.
>>
>>43827192
It makes sense that we could do what any other vampire of our level/rank/generation/whatever could do but Bazys been burned before and just needs to learn to trust and love again.
>>
>>43829321
>Because this void engine thing people are talking about here maxes out at around 300 km/s
Where do you get this number from? Voidwalker has no reach limit.
You might confuse it with Void Jump.
>>
>>43829321
The Void drive would use Voidwalker rather than Void Jump, given it no actual "speed" assuch, and rather requires us to jump from known locations to others.
>>
>>43829333
>>43829376
Voidwalker lets you make a group VoidJump, its not a completly seperate power.
Though a hyptothetical Void Drive has likely different abilities and there is no reason it has to be our only way of propulsion.
>>
>>43829376
>>43829364
Read how Voidwalker works again. You have to physically be present at both of the locations you want to make a portal to.

I admit I messed up, 300 is the speed for if you used Void Jump to go between portal points, but even though normal psychoportation is faster it's not some kind of super magic "go anywhere speed is not a thing" power.
>>
You put an arm around the closest Rainya “I can see you in a spaceship” you say musingly “something sleek, elegant and majestic but also energetic and fun, just like its captain” A plan starts to take place in your mind, but it'll take some time before its a reality. Nevertheless you are determined to see it through. Nothing is too much effort for your Rainya.

[Family +1]

Rainya gives you a funny look, as if suspecting that you're joking, then starts to grin “really?” she says “you mean it?!”

“If I can” you say “then sure – I just don't exactly know how yet, but I think it'll come to me”

“Shee that'd be awesome!” exclaims Rainya, hugging you tightly “thank you!”

“I haven't even done anything yet” you protest, smiling “thank me when you get the starter codes for it. Now, what did Dev suggest again?”

“Hemla and Siporath: The interactive version” says Rainya, pulling out a leaflet Dev gave her “sounds like a play.”

“Huh” you say, maybe Dev is more into the arts than you realise “what's interactive about it?”

XXX

“I don't think I can do this” you say, tugging at your too-tight collar.

“Oh don't be silly Shee” says Rainya, decked out in an expansive dress with gold thread “if you forget your line one of the other actors will prompt you.”

Apparently Dev has booked you a play, only you won't be in the audience. You'll be in the play, for a few scenes at least, then someone else takes over. You're in the leading roles and around you will be the professional actors and actresses.

“What is this play even about?” you ask Rainya, as the two of you wait in the wings for the current scene to finish. You're dressed in some sort of foppish outfit and are wearing a pair of baggy, ruffled shorts, tights, and a thin duelling sword. You think you're supposed to be playing a man in the upcoming scene.
>>
For reference I got here a article showing a 60m Yacht, which is about what Shee could enshroud with her Aura, and would then be our cap on size.
http://www.superyachttimes.com/editorial/3/article/id/9008
>>
“It's a love story” says Rainya, reading through her lines “ooh, we're up next, the scene where Siporath finally admits his love to Hemla in front of their families, followed by them being separated and forbidden from ever seeing one another.”

You watch as the Siporath preceding you runs someone through with his sword. Why couldn't you get the fight scene?

The curtain comes down and stage hands start rapidly moving things around and the current Siporath and crew come off stage, you're up next.

You scan through the script in your hands “And thus I declare my love eternal for Hemla” you read aloud “sounds a bit well, tame.”

“This is the short version” says one of the stage hands, moving a fake tree “the full speech involved Siporath listing Hemlas physical attributes but we had to cut it down, there could be kids in the audience this early in the afternoon. The writer was a randy bugger after all.”

As you and Rainya head out, a mischievous idea begins to form in your mind. You read through the party scene and stick to the script, but eventually get to the part when you stand up in front of both families and declare your love for Hemla/Rainya.

What do you do?

>Stick to the script
>Be suggestive, but not explicit
>Go for it, list all of Rainyas...attributes
>Other (?)
>>
>>43829445
>You have to physically be present at both of the locations you want to make a portal to.
No you don't.
>You are also able to violate space and time to rip open a gateway with two ends in entirely different places.
You don't need to be in two places at once.

>>43829473
>>
>>43829462
If we're giving a Void Drive, we could probably make it able to generate it's own Void Field.

That yacht is pretty sweet tho.
>>
>>43829481
>No you don't.
Yes you do.
>You don't need to be in two places at once.
I never said that. You teleport or void jump to a point, then you spend 6 PE for Voidwalker and a portal opens up from the point you jumped from to the point you just jumped to.
>>
>>43829481
No, he means the part where you have to first move to the other place you want to open the portal to. He probably just phrased it poorly.

But thats true yes, regular Voidwalking would be too slow.

>>43829473
>>
>>43829473
>>
>>43829473
>>>Be suggestive, but not explicit
>>
>>43829462
Good to have some ideas of dimensions for the hypothetical ship, though I don't think it will matter anytime soon.

>>43829473
How much artifice would Shee need to start making a Ship, or even start creating exotic machinery like a different type of engine?
>>
>>43829473
Rainya loves it when Shee talks dirty.
>>
>>43829473

>>43829508
Once you get out of the gravity wells Psychoportation's range increases to "anywhere not in a gravity well."
>>
>>43829473
>>
>>43829556
>to "anywhere not in a gravity well."
Thats not quite accurate.
Well, i guess it sort of is, but obviously anywhere we would want to go will have at least stars exerting gravitational pull to some degree.

Though technically it should only matter if there is any where we teleport 'from', so maybe we could use a spot without gravity in our Realm as jumpboard to teleport from place to place over.
>>
>>43829473
>Other (?)
One of those goddamn prop swords is antinite and they're going to stab you in the tit with it.

Be vigilant.
>>
>>43829556
>once you get away by lightyears from the nearest galactic cluster
Uhm, well good thing that because we probably are in troubke if we ever get stuck in in extragalactic space.
>>
>>43829602
Weight becomes so low to be functionally irrelevant after a point.

I was about to say we would probably need something simulating gravity on the ship anyway, but then I remembered
>Fledgling Shoggoth deity ship
>>
Suggestive it is

>>43829321
>Pally, how fast can the average ships in this setting go?

Well a lot of ships have faster-than-light engines.

But sublight drives can typically move ships from speeds measured in hundreds of kph (big slow ships) to a multiple of the speed of sound (fighters) in atmosphere.

In space its more about acceleration than overall speed.
>>
OK tread, to do list.
>Make a space ship for our wife in 1 year.
What gifts do we need to get to make this happen? Do we need any resources we can't make in our realm? Any other business?
I think we can do this.
>>
I get how the ship was a plot warning but how is it a minion warning?
>>
>>43829915
It's very likely going to be a living ship.
>>
>>43829903
>What gifts do we need to get to make this happen?
I don't think anything beyond Artifice as high as possible.
There is a upgrade we need that makes our creations "real", I don't remember in what it was tied up right now though.
Beyond that, we really only need a existing ship we can scan with artifice, or very detailed schematics.
>>
>>43829903
Artifice is the main one.

Oceanic Dream/Reality and peripherals would make it so we can create sea monsters with psychic powers and/or gifts and PE pools to use as components. The plant powers would probably help and be faster if we wanted to go plant ship route instead of sea creature ship route.

Segmented Soul could probably do something.

I'd bet my nuts that Ichor has some more gifts that would help. She does spend a lot of her time fucking around with symbiote research facilities and bioengineering and shit like that.
>>
>>43829986
>I'd bet my nuts that Ichor has some more gifts that would help.
In tis case I would bet on Jagga being the man of the hour, given technology is his thing.
Though we could also make a fully biological ship with massive Ichor power investment like Fecundity/Dream.
>>
>>43829974
We can already make our creations real. 50PE per 5000 credits of worth of stuff. The problem is that we can't create much working tech in the first place - to do that we can upgrade our realm's base tech level or we can get high Artifice. Or we could just do both. Pally said a while ago that high Artifice can bypass the regular process to make things real the same as we can do for plants currently.
>>
>>43829903
>Do we need any resources we can't make in our realm?
Making technology we create in the Realm real outside of it costs us a ALOT of XP right now, so we would need something that does that, or some way to buy and transport the necessary resources.
>>
>>43830032
>50PE per 5000 credits
*25PE per

>>43830042
Nah. Read the bottom of the paste about the realm.
>>
>>43830032
>We can already make our creations real. 50PE per 5000 credits of worth of stuff.
I mean immediatly, all the ways we currently have are prohibitivly expensive in one way or another.
>>
>>43830032
>We can already make our creations real. 50PE per 5000 credits of worth of stuff.
Thats not a real option.
>>
>>43830032
>The problem is that we can't create much working tech in the first place - to do that we can upgrade our realm's base tech level
Thats not what the Realm tech level means, we can always directly create whatever we want.
Realm TL is mostly important for a hypothetical population, which we don't have.
>>
You reach the part where you're supposed to give a somewhat lukewarm declaration of love and you follow the script...and then ad-lib a little.

“...love eternal for Hemla” you say, holding Rainyas hands and staring into her eyes. Just as one of the supporting actors is about to order the two of you pulled apart you take breath, and continue “For how could I not love Hemla” you say, grinning at Rainya “for she is pleasing to the eye from both the front, and the rear, and though she is often a generous handful it is her enthusiasm for all things no matter day or night that I love” as you talk Rainyas eyes go wide, then her skin tone deepens in a blush, and then she seem to be trying to suppress a laugh as you continue “for no other lady seems so happy at a mere parting of her lips...”

All around you the actors seem torn between indignation and humour, and out in the audience you can here laughter as you pile innuendo atop innuendo. Before you can get explicit however, one of the actors shoots you a dirty look and launches into his speech, talking loudly and taking up position in front of you, so the audience cannot see you.

You and Rainya are ushered off stage...and the next couple come on a scene early as you are politely but firmly shown the door, which is just as well, Rainya was blushing and giggling so much she probably couldn't have read her lines.

“Shee how could you?” she gasps out, her bodies surrounding you as you head to Kaelyns chosen spot – Klub Kaotica.

“It was true to the original intent of the playwright” you say airily “you heard the man”

“The playwright was imprisoned for unnatural acts with animals and alien species” laughs Rainya “I read the pamphlet too.”

“All made up I bet” you say sanctimoniously “a fabrication to punish him for his extreme political views.”

“What, those being that no one should come between a man and the goat he loves?” says Rainya snarkily. Your group takes a detour through a lonely alleyway.
>>
>>43829974
>>43829986
Ok so spending xp on Artifice to get it high enough and the Oceanic Dream/Reality shouldn't take more than 2 in game months, we need someone to find out what style Rainya wants so let's let Lirael work on that, designs should be easy enough to get for us right?
>>
You laugh “well, those too...” your laughter trails off and you sigh, saying out loud “you might as well come out, I can hear you you know.”

An inhuman-looking face peers over the edge of a building, looking down on the alleyway from three stories up. He takes off a wide-brimmed hat “it seemed so rude” says a male voice in a foreign accent “to interrupt such a pair of young ladies.”

“What do you want?” Rainyas calls up belligerently

“Your deaths” says the voice “I am very sorry to bring this evening to an abrupt close, but I have professional standards to adhere to, you must understand.”

You share a look with the Rainyas and prepare to draw your weapons from their extradimensional space. But something feels wrong. A single assassin, for you? It doesn't fit the pattern of the previous attacks.

You can also detect strong, but unfamiliar magic coming from him.

What do you do?

>Teleport away (avoid him)
>Attack (write-in, or options in next post)
>Talk to him first, ask his plan
>Power (what?)
>Other (?)
>>
>>43830067
Then you want Artifice.

>>43830142
How so?

http://pastebin.com/NwspZmKw
>Enduring Items
>The equipment and weaponry of the Realm can survive indefinitely. Any item created in the Realm by the Realm owner is real for all intents and purposes. The only exception is that any item within a vanishing Realm (because of the death of the Realm owner) disappears with the Realm.
>Cost: Costs 5 experience points to allow items to survive outside the Realm. Each item removed from the Realm can be done only at the Realm owners say so, as each item removed costs the Realm owner 1 experience point per 5,000 credits worth of value.

>Reducing Costs
>It is possible to reduce the costs of making a Realm. This is done by spending psychic energy points, every 25 psychic energy points spent in this manner can reduce the experience point cost by 1. The time required is not affected.
Vitae can be used, but explicitly not from blood fruits grown within the realm itself, those grown outside are allowed though.

And we don't have to pay it all at once. We can stagger it over time.

>>43830193
Shee has to be able to understand it to create it without having the appropriate tech level. She can't make a functional spaceship or psychic activation chambers or anything else high tech currently. Artifice gets around that and realm tech level gets around that.
>>
>>43830260
>Talk
>>
>>43830260
>Activate Enhance Ability(Agility)
>>
>>43830260
>Power (Quickened Doubled Tripled Empowered Maximized Forceful Laser Beams)
>Power (Doubled Tripled Empowered Maximized Forceful Laser Beams)
>>
>>43830260
> Mind-contact Rainya to make sure he isn't mesying with her head
>>
>>43830304
We don't have Laser Beams.
>>
>>43830288
I have no idea where your persistence to keep reiterating things people already said comes from.

>>43830288
>Shee has to be able to understand it to create it without having the appropriate tech level.
Which matters fuck-all because she would get to understand spaceships before building one anyway.
>>
>>43830288
>Shee has to be able to understand it to create it without having the appropriate tech level.
She needs to understand it even if she has the appropriate Realm TL.
Its about being able to actually replicate the internal working, and Artifice helps there not Realm Tl which is irrelevant for Shees purposes here unless we create a whole bunch of people to build the ship for us.

>>43830260
>Mind-contact Rainya
>>
>>43830260
>>43830299
changing to
>>43830327
>>
talk + mental contact with Rainya

Writing

Please roll 1d20+13 (perception)
>>
Rolled 19 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>>43830457
>>
Rolled 8 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>>43830457
>>
Rolled 6 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>>43830457
>>
Rolled 14 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>>43830457
>>
Rolled 17 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>>43830457
>>
Place ya bets on who he be workin for.

>Syrnians long shot because magic
>Mirror
>Random Reunited
>Reaper
>Himself
>Other
>>
>>43830579
>Random Reunited
Seems the most likely to me, that or from the newest Mirror Avatar, but that seems unlikely so soon.
>>
>>43830304
Ran the numbers on this for fun and it comes out to 576 damage assuming zero overcharge (with Focus Light being one of the few psionic talents that benefits a great deal from overcharge, 1d8/PE) and no damage bonus from threshold success on the rolls. Very costly due to all the metapsionics, but that would be very likely to end the fight.

Oh, and the range would be 1,620 metres.
>>
>>43830457
Have we not purchased Haemokinesis yet?
I could have sworn we did.
>>
>>43830579
I have a feeling it's the Syrnians thing, the magic was unfamiliar so off world fits but it could be a case of "If the Syrnians are looking for her I want her dead." Rather than the Synians themselves.
>>
>>43830621
I'm betting Mirror. He likes Lifeweb magic. Lifeweb is the only major school that Shee doesn't have experience with and this guy here is putting off unfamiliar magic vibes.
>>
>>43830644
Cute.
Meet 540 min damage with full melee attack.
Costs: Exactly nothing.
>>
>>43830688
Lirael did, Shee didn't.

>>43830644
I really wanna get Photokinesis at some point. It's fucking ridiculous how much damage it can do. And since it's 6 different attacks for a doubled tri-beam it'll force a ton of energy burn with people who have Invulnerable Hide and other similar powers.
>>
>>43830740
>It's fucking ridiculous how much damage it can do.
Its trivial compared to a lot of other options really.
And not very cost efficient either.
>>
>>43830739
Yeah Limbs Unrivaled is kinda broken, we basically only use anything else to be sporting about it.
>>
>>43830767
And now Rainya has it too! She can only make 6 fight-functional tentacles, though.
Per body
>>
You link your mind to Rainyas

-So much for our evening- you send

-It was fun while it lasted- she responds -I had a great time, and its not over yet-

“So” you call up to the figure above you “I'm not exactly overjoyed at giving up on life, why should I?”

“A reasonable question” says the figure, stepping off the building and floating gently down towards you. As he descends you can see a wide brutish face with green skin and obvious tusks, some kind of beastman maybe?

He continues speaking “I have been observing you. You are kind to strangers, generous to your friends, and seem very personable, admirable traits, but indicative of a terrible weakness: you care too much about the lives of others.”

You inhale slowly, wondering where he's going with this.

“I have bombs planted in several locations” he explains, seeming almost apologetic as his feet touch the ground “civilian deaths will be counted in the hundreds, perhaps thousands if you do not go quietly.”

As far as you can tell, he's telling the truth.

-Shee!- Rainya, her emotions in turmoil -what do we do?-

You think quickly, you might be willing to risk being shot to save a bunch of strangers, but risking Rainyas life is not an option.

“I could just kill you” you say “after extracting the information about the location of the bombs from you.”

He smiles sadly “yes your mental powers are impressive, I must admit, which is why I haven't planted the bombs, I paid others to do it for me.”

“You'll have arranged a code word or something to call it off” you say confidently “I'll find that instead”

He spreads his arms “It seems I am defeated before we even begin.” You hesitate, he is almost as large as Dev but seems so modest, unassuming. You wonder what the catch is.
>>
-I'll fight him- Rainya says, though you can feel her fear -you find the bombs, you and Lirael. As long as one of me survives, I'll be fine-

What do you do?

>Attack (write-in or follow-up vote)
>Take Rainya up on her offer
>I don't care, kill them if you want (this pleases Baalzamon)
>Give it your best shot, I won't resist; if you can't kill me, you disarm the bombs (this pleases Jagganatha)
>Other (?)
>>
>>43830811
>Give it your best shot, I won't resist; if you can't kill me, you disarm the bombs (this pleases Jagganatha)
>>
>>43830767
>>43830794
And once we have Blood Talons+TBC it gets even more obscene.

>>43830811
BRING.IT.ON
>>
>>43830811
>>
>>43830811
Somehow I think he can circumvent Hide or he wouldn't be so sure.
>>
>>43830811
>>
>>43830811
>>
>>43830811
>>
>>43830811
>Who's behind this?
>>
>>43830739
Every 8 additional PE of overcharge on the lasers would increase damage by a further 576.

So there's that.
>>
>>43830811
>>
>>43830834
>>43830835
>>43830871
>>43830874
>>43830946
This is the part where he whips out an antinite weapon and carves us the fuck up. He's been observing us. Dude's smart. He's gonna have tools for the job.
>>
>>43830811
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>43830969
But the favor. The favor though!
>>
>>43830969
>This is the part where he whips out an antinite weapon
We would be lucky if he is that stupid, but more likely he uses non-damage effect magic.
>>
>>43830969
Invulnerable Hide doesn't care about Antinite.
>>
>>43830990
>People wouldn't lie to some random dude for Baalzi favor
>People will let a prepared and ruthless assassin have a free, unresisted kill attempt for Jaggy favor

>>43831014
1. Yes it does.
2. That's resisting and he doesn't disarm the bombs.
>>
>>43831033
>1. Yes it does.
>2. That's resisting and he doesn't disarm the bombs.
No it doesn't.
Its not resisting anymore than having Durability of the King is resisting.
And we use it anyway, no matter what he counts it as, if he tries to go back on the deal, we just slaughter him.
>>
>>43830969
I'm amazed they think he'll follow through on the deal. He's willing to bomb the hive for this. It's not like he's particularly honourable here.
>>
>>43831033
People didn't lie to the dude because Shee had no reason to bother doing that.
>>
>>43831033
Invulnerable Hide isn't affected by Antinite. Antinite only increases damage against Shee, it doesn't do anything beyond that.
>>
Taking his best shot it is.

Jagganatha gift will be resolved after but you feel his awesome might touch you.

Accept gift?

>Y/N

5 minute vote

DC 20
>>
>>43831056
Nigga I just don't want Shee to be callous enough to let thousands die and say she doesn't care.
>>
>>43831106
Y
>>
>>43831056
What gave you the impression anyone thinks that?

Literally the only reason I'm picking the Jagga option is because I want to see what he can do and because Shee wouldn't want to rub it in Rainyas face that she doesn't give a shit about these peoples life.

>>43831106
>Y
>>
>>43831106
>Y
>>
>>43831106
>Y
>>
>>43831088
>>43831055
Invulnerable Hide is magic, antinite goes right through it.
>>
>>43831106
>Yes
>>
>>43831106
>Y
>>
>>43831118
>and because Shee wouldn't want to rub it in Rainyas face that she doesn't give a shit about these peoples life
Fuck now I'm imagining the update having Shee not giving a shit about the people beyond how much their death would ruin the scraps of the date and then Baalzamon chuckling in the background as she internally grumbles about how she has to do something now.
>>
>>43831129
>>43831129
It doesn't, for the same rason it doesn't ignore DR from Durability or Psychic Enhancement, Antinite doesn't automatically disable all magic, it can supress magic, and Invulnerable Hide is already ona greyzone of if it counts for this or not.
>>
So after if he disarms the bombs who wants to kill him and rip his soul out?
>>
>>43831106
Y
>>
>>43831129
I'm not sure if you're retarded or just pretending to for the sake of the argument, but you realise the guy with "the strange magic about him", will probably use magic?
>>
>>43831201
Pass
>>
>>43831201
Why would we let him go?
>>
>>43831201
Sure, we still need to question him afterall.
>>
>>43831213
You really don't think the guy who spent a bunch of time stalking and researching us would take the time to get a weapon we're weak against? And you think it's retarded that he'd do so because he's a mage, totally ignoring that the only other time we've seen antinite was when the last mage who wanted us dead made her move?
>>
>>43831275
>You really don't think the guy who spent a bunch of time stalking and researching us would take the time to get a weapon we're weak against?
Assuming he knows that much about us, and then if he does use Antinite, again, Invulnerable Hide.
>>
>>43831275
The antinite trick from last time was Jade.
>>
>>43831275
>totally ignoring that the only other time we've seen antinite was when the last mage who wanted us dead made her move?
That was actually Jade and the antinite wasn't primarily targeted at Shee.
>>
>>43831275
Then he needs to hit us with a single antinite weapon that not only manages to inflicts enough damage, kinda hard with one weapon, but also destroys more than 80% of Shees body.

Yeah that seems unlikely.
>>
>>43831298
>>43831311
Jade, who was employed by Jane and directed to get it bring it by her. And yes, that dagger was primarily targeted at Shee. It may have been originally procured by the Crimsonthorns to fight fae, but targeting Shee is why it was removed from the pile by Jade. And even if you still want to try to argue that it Jade brought the antinite of her own volition without Jane's direction, she's also a magical being which means her holding the responsibility doesn't contradict the original point that mages can use antinite if they want.

>>43831326
Antimagic effects disrupt near-immortality. We get a roll to resist but that's not nearly a sure thing.
>>
This gets us to Jagga 10 and the discounts on his gifts, in case some didn't realise.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.